Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe made it clear that South Carolina is Biden's firewall. African Americans will vote for Biden in all weather conditions.

Can they all just stfu about South Carolina? Black leaders are pointing out that their vote is not monolithic, and South Carolina is one state out of fifty. Btw Joe, South Carolina's weather isn't that bad as far as people having to stand outside for a while to vote. 

• Love 8

Kasie said there would be a civil war in the Democratic party if the establishment took away the nomination from Bernie Sanders on the second ballot.

I think Democrats will unify if Joe's band is allowed to perform at the convention.

Joe's music will unify all Democrats:)

• LOL 8

Was Ratner on as a pundit, or have they acknowledged that he is a Bloomberg partisan?

I don't care what kind of "I only manage his money." disclaimer he throws in, if you are that close to someone running for president, you want him to win. Even if you aren't officially a member of the campaign.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika hasn't said anything for 15 minutes. Perhaps she went out to do errands ?

Sometime between 8 and 9 am, Mika was cooking eggs and spinach for Joe (see her Instagram stories)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cased said:

Sometime between 8 and 9 am, Mika was cooking eggs and spinach for Joe (see her Instagram stories)

LOL!.

Very few cable news tv hosts leave their own show to cook for their spouses.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I must confess that I only started watching within the past year or so therefore I have never seen such a phenomenon. I would be interested in seeing her acting intelligent and involved.

Fixed it for ya. Those 2 "i" words were never part of the equation. Her role was acting as the sexy seductress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe went on a rant against Ted Cruz for not defending his wife after Trump called her ugly.

Joe said Cruz should have stopped  supporting Trump after he accused his dad of being part of JFK's assassination .

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cased said:

(see her Instagram stories)

Did she delete it?  Or maybe, I'm very boomered to say, I may not know what Instagram stories are.
I did see Joe and his SHITTY band practicing the SHITTIEST music out of key.  Christ that was horrible.
One of her Instagram posts is of her dad's books.  Ha!  That made me laugh.  Mika: "I'll take What Are Things I've Never Read for $2,500, Alex"

Another particular favorite is her guzzling wine with her Upper East Side WASP crew as they struggled out of despair and poverty and rejuvenated their careers so well they can celebrate!  They moved all the way from incredible wealth and privilege to slightly more incredible wealth and privilege. "JUST RESET, BITCHES!!!!"  I'm 100% certain that phrase is in all of Zbig's books and is the underpinning philosophy to all his foreign policy work.

Imagine how much fun she isn't at Joe's gigs.

Edited by Landsnark
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Can they all just stfu about South Carolina? Black leaders are pointing out that their vote is not monolithic, and South Carolina is one state out of fifty. Btw Joe, South Carolina's weather isn't that bad as far as people having to stand outside for a while to vote. 

Joe considers himself to be an expert on African American voters. He said he was good friends with Maxine Waters when he was in Congress. He has sat next to her at the SOTU speeches. Joe said some Republicans were jealous of his popularity with other African Americans that served in Congress.

Joe felt that he was an honorary  member of the Congressional Black caucus.

• LOL 9

Joe-joe's:

We have had a few more slips into personal politics in the forum.  Please remember that we discuss the show.  This includes discussing when folks on the show contradict themselves, etc.  PT is not a political forum, so we do not express our own personal political beliefs even if they relate to what was said on the show. 

OK: Joe said he's all for Buttigieg, now he's on board for Biden because  . . . .
Not OK:  I think Biden is . . . . 

As always, let's be careful out there!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Certainly. Snagging Elijah Cummings (RIP) as his wedding officiant proved that point.

I give Joe and Mika a lot of crap, (especially when he talks about the army of imaginary black pastors he talks to in South Carolina), but I think they were genuine friends of Elijah Cummings.

And even if you are hesitant to give them the benefit of a doubt (reasonable), Rep. Cummings would not have let anyone play him for photo op.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Did she delete it?  Or maybe, I'm very boomered to say, I may not know what Instagram stories are.

I’m far from an Instagram expert myself, but Instagram stories are either photos or videos that people post, but unlike normal Instagram posts, they are only available for 24 hours.  I think you have to login to Instagram to see them, but when you see a pink circle around the avatar of an Instagram user, then you know they have posted some stories. You then click n the avatar and you see the stories. 

Anyway, this story was just a photo of some fried eggs and spinach in a pan, and Mika had written “for Joe”. I was just laughing at the thought of Mika cooking egg breakfasts during the show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika is off today.  She is getting her hair done.

Joe thinks Mitch McConnell will cobble together a vote against witnesses.  The vote is expected Friday.  McConnell needs 51 votes.  

Several senators refused to comment.  Lindsey Graham says that if there are witnesses, there will be a lot of people. They showed a Quinnipiac poll.  I don't understand the obsession with these polls. 

Heidi P looks really solemn and serious.  She is stunned by Lindsey Graham.  Heidi P noted that the president would take legal action to block John Bolton.  Thanks Heidi, for making an important point.  Joe is a lazy ass for not addressing the issue of executive privilege. Joe is doing some sort of fantasy fiction about what Bolton would say in his hypothetical testimony. WtF Joe. Stick to the actual events.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Joe is upset that Trump gave money to Democrats before he ran for President.

He isn't at true Conservative like Joe.

Joe is upset that Trump campaigned in New Jersey.

Joe is low energy today. He is tired from yesterday's rants

• Love 2

Joe said the Democrats have to unite whoever wins the nomination.

Will Democrats listen to an influential pundit like Joe ?

Joe said that Democrats united in 2008 to defeat the GOP.

Michael Steele said that people won't stay home during the election.

Barnicle is excited about Bloomberg picking up votes in new Hampshire.

• Love 3

I noticed today how awkward it was when Andrea Mitchell was signaling that she wanted to say something but no one called on her. I'm not sure whether Willie (or the behind-the-scenes person directing the traffic) didn't see her, but the next thing we knew, Joe was pontificating about something. Not a huge deal, but it is distracting.

On a more positive note, I did love the Hyundai commercial (although I wish Joe would learn how to pronounce the name of that brand), even though I'd seen it multiple times on Twitter. (Twittah?) And I've never seen the SNL/Casey Affleck/Dunkin' commercial. Very funny. These days, I need more funny.

Edited by Jordan Baker
Spelling matters.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, oakville said:

I enjoyed watching the Hyundai & Dunkin Donut commercials.

Joe started doing a Boston accent.

Oh goodness the Gods of Tee Vee Viewing smiled on me and I bounced back just in time to catch these commercials . . . I couldn't stop laughing, they were both so great and no Meeks to ruin the mood . . . wicked smahrt!

I hadn't seen the SNL one before and that clip with Casey Affleck holding that cigarette out the door and then arguing with the Dunkin Donuts manager about whether or not he was smoking in the establishment was just genius!

And please forgive me as I am not a huge movie fan but wowsers that Chris Evans . . . yikes!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And please forgive me as I am not a huge movie fan but wowsers that Chris Evans . . . yikes!

Have you not seen Capt America First Avenger?  

The Casey Affleck commercial is like a clip from Good Will Hunting. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Have you not seen Capt America First Avenger?  

The Casey Affleck commercial is like a clip from Good Will Hunting. 

Apparently (and unfortunately) no.  Seriously, I can't imagine waking up in the morning and being that gorgeous . . . wowsers.

eta:  and just for clarification, I could spend a year on my looks and I couldn't hold a candle to his after some completely out of control bachelor party . . . 😁

Edited by Chloesmom
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Apparently (and unfortunately) no.  Seriously, I can't imagine waking up in the morning and being that gorgeous . . . wowsers.

It's on Amazon Prime I think for free. It's worth your 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I hadn't seen the SNL one before and that clip with Casey Affleck holding that cigarette out the door and then arguing with the Dunkin Donuts manager about whether or not he was smoking in the establishment was just genius!

I love when he glues the coupon on his phone to get free coffee and then outside you KNOW he's going to throw the coffee at that guy's car. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

"I'm like the mayor of Dunkin's!"  That and the smoking are comedy gold.

3 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I noticed today how awkward it was when Andrea Mitchell was signaling that she wanted to say something but no one called on her. I'm not sure whether Willie (or the behind-the-scenes person directing the traffic) didn't see her, but the next thing we knew, Joe was pontificating about something.

This makes me sad.  In the last couple of years, they have tried to incorporate Andrea on various MSNBC broadcasts, but it never works. A few times she was live in studio on MSNBC and flubbed a lot.  I think she is very smart and has a lot to offer, but she is not used to the fast soundbites on the group talk format.  Maybe she could be a better guest if they do a pre-interview format and let her talk about prepared topics.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

This makes me sad.  In the last couple of years, they have tried to incorporate Andrea on various MSNBC broadcasts, but it never works. A few times she was live in studio on MSNBC and flubbed a lot.  I think she is very smart and has a lot to offer, but she is not used to the fast soundbites on the group talk format.  Maybe she could be a better guest if they do a pre-interview format and let her talk about prepared topics.

Is anyone really ready for the group talk format when two of the main hosts are off campus, phoning it in with a two or three second delay? Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It's on Amazon Prime I think for free. It's worth your 2 hours. 

Snort, you may have just talked me into taking up Amazon on their offer to try their Prime (once again) as I know I could sit still for an hour or so of Chris Evans . . . oh my goodness he is so good looking!

Hee.

Oh and ps, the reason why I don't know about Chris Evans isn't because I am an old goat it's because I am very cerebral and don't watch those trashy movies please pass the cake . . . 

Edited by Chloesmom
  • LOL 3
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh and ps, the reason why I don't know about Chris Evans isn't because I am an old goat it's because I am very cerebral and don't watch those trashy movies please pass the cake . . . 

I can guarantee the scene where Steve transforms will be worth it. It's also very sentimental and patriotic. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

You might be able to still catch him in theaters in the (excellent) murder mystery Knives Out. 

His character wears a cable knit sweater in the movie, so he got his dog one as well.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, xaxat said:

You might be able to still catch him in theaters in the (excellent) murder mystery Knives Out. 

His character wears a cable knit sweater in the movie, so he got his dog one as well.

Ok, I'm not going to embarrass myself in telling you guys the last movie I saw in an actual theatre (lets just say it was a talkie and leave it at that) but oh goodness if this Chris Evans person is so kind to his furbaby to bust out that incredible sweater . . . squeeeeeeeeeeeee!  

Oh goodness I love me a turtleneck!

• Love 2

Joe is out.  Mika said he has what she had yesterday.  So he likes to sleep through the show?

Mika is a lot better on this show when Joe is not around.  She is in her element when she can read the scripted news. She still did some of the sighing and weird faces but it's less than when Joe is around.

They opened with the USMCA signing yesterday at the White House.  The president recognized all of the Republican senators  Mika suggested that the president is tampering with his trial jury.

Willie noted that, if there is a vote for no witnesses, the trial could end tomorrow.  The question is whether four Republican senators will vote to call witnesses.

NBC political reporter Jake Sherman said an acquittal is likely by the weekend.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe is out.  Mika said he has what she had yesterday.  So he likes to sleep through the show?

2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika’s illness: tired after her polo outing

Joe’s Illness: tired after having to host the show without Mika

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is a lot better on this show when Joe is not around.  She is in her element when she can read the scripted news. She still did some of the sighing and weird faces but it's less than when Joe is around.

They opened with the USMCA signing yesterday at the White House.  The president recognized all of the Republican senators  Mika suggested that the president is tampering with his trial jury.

Willie noted that, if there is a vote for no witnesses, the trial could end tomorrow.  The question is whether four Republican senators will vote to call witnesses.

NBC political reporter ke Sherman said an acquittal is likely by the weekend.

Okay.  If she was "sick" yesterday - was it sudden?  Because she seemed well and cheery with the KYV, polo and Joe's "band" stuff.  Not that I mind her not being there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Haas is not optimistic about the Palestinians accepting  the new peace plan

From what I heard it would infringe on the border already established, and make the settlements permanent, so yeah I don't think they're going to be too jazzed about that.  

Guys- re the Super Bowl commercial they showed yesterday - last night I happened upon a special about the making of the various commercials while they were showing  the Hyundai one. Rachel Dratch mentions "this is going to be seen by 100 million people" and Krasinski says to Evans "Oh good, looks like Chris here is finally going to get some attention" It was cute. 

He can smaht pahk his cahr in my gahrahge any time he wahnts. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe is mad at the president's attorneys and the Republicans in the Senate.  Joe compared the impeachment trial to a murder case where no one wants to hear from the eyewitness.

Willie noted that Lamar Alexander is a confirmed no vote on witnesses.  Willie said John Bolton could give tell the story but won't be called.

Joe thinks his friends on TV and radio are stupid for saying that the House didn't do their jobs.  Joe said Americans are being insulted. Everyone is stupid except Joe, who knows everything and has infinite legal knowledge.

Joe said that the Republican party used to be better.  He said that they balanced the budget when he was in Congress.  Joe loves to live in the past.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2