Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe is very upset that Red Sox manager Alex Cora was fired.  Joe says Alex did a lot for Puerto Rico.  Mika doesn't want to hear about baseball.

I stopped following baseball 25 years ago, but if Joe's argument is that the ends justify the means (which is the only way to defend what the Astros did), then that explains a whole lot about Joe and his character.  None of it good.

5 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika said the Democrats are hurting themselves with this fight.  Mika said it is about beating Trump.  I actually think Mika is making a good point.

Except they're not the ones actually having the fight.  It was CNN trying to stir up shit, like they've done on every debate they've been handed.  The moderators last night were hideous.  Even Mika, who'd be invited to moderate on the same day they invite me, could have done a better job.

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Except they're not the ones actually having the fight.  It was CNN trying to stir up shit, like they've done on every debate they've been handed.  The moderators last night were hideous.  Even Mika, who'd be invited to moderate on the same day they invite me, could have done a better job.

CNN is just the worst, I often wonder if they work for the RNC with the type of questions they were throwing at the Democrats. 

• Love 8

Ah, good morning ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome to Lev Parnas Appreciation Day!  Poor Joe, not only probably slightly hungover from playing rock star last night but now he has to be nice to Rachel Maddow . . . they probably have a puke bucket next to his chair.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

This morning Joe is promoting Rachel Maddow's interview of Lev Parnas. Joe thinks her interview with Lev Parnas last night was stunning.  

I don't watch Maddow because her meandering style annoys me. 

Jon Lemire says this is the president's obituary.  Joe says the president is upside down in the polls.  

Joe invoked Watergate.  This is a huge John Dean moment, according to Joe. Ok Joe.  John Dean's moment was in the Senate, not on a NBC news show in his lawyer's conference room.

Willie mentioned that Lev Parnas is under indictment and is seeking to help himself.

Joe said all of the heirs of the Republican senators will hang their heads in shame because Republicans defended Trump.  Joe thinks he is the guardian of some legacy.  WtF.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6

Joe, about the shady Parnas crowd and Nunes:  They are cockroaches, all running up your legs..

Rev Al:  I’ll see your cockroaches and raise you some bedbugs.

Mika, fluttering her hands at her face:  Eeeck, I can feel them all over me.  

(Where can I sign up for millions each year for this gig?)

Edited by freddi
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Today is Mika's worst show ever?  One of those wall-mounted talking bass would add more gravitas and insights.  Her input today:
"Mmmmm.  Mmmmm."
"Mhm.  Yuh."
"Yes."
"It's just... I can't..."
"Yes.  Yes."
"unbelievable"

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I don't watch Maddow because her meandering style annoys me. 

You should watch this interview if nothing else. It was not her normal style, she was direct and got a lot of information out of Parnas. 

I was shocked that Joe & Mika even covered it this morning, other than it's a huge get for MSNBC via Rachel's great journalism.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Today is Mika's worst show ever?  One of those wall-mounted talking bass would add more gravitas and insights.  Her input today:
"Mmmmm.  Mmmmm."
"Mhm.  Yuh."
"Yes."
"Yes.  Yes."
"unbelievable"

Agreed.  Her last go at the prompter was agonizing to watch even for her . . . yikes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I dumped out this morning after Deutsch once again had to wax nostalgic on his bro Cohen even going so far as to say he's being fed chicken that is marked not for human consumption.  He's in a Club Fed for God's sake, he probably eats better than me.  I wish they wouldn't have him on anymore as that lie was just egregious.  When Cohen was rolling in his previous life, he was a bully and a thug (and a criminal).  I won't lose a wink of sleep knowing he may be eating Taco Bell grade chicken.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

You should watch this interview if nothing else. It was not her normal style, she was direct and got a lot of information out of Parnas. 

I was shocked that Joe & Mika even covered it this morning, other than it's a huge get for MSNBC via Rachel's great journalism.  

Agreed, if it is her interviewing style that tends to make you not watch the show I would urge you to tune in tonight for part two or catch Anderson Cooper this evening who will also be interviewing him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, freddi said:

(Where can I sign up for millions each year for this gig?)

I don't know how strong your constitution is, but I think this particular gig involves sleeping with the boss.   Meek-a may be the only willing candidate.

23 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"Mmmmm.  Mmmmm."
"Mhm.  Yuh."
"Yes."
"Yes.  Yes."
"unbelievable"

Given her 1,000% job security, she doesn't have to try.   And she doesn't even pretend to.  It speaks volumes about what she thinks her 'worth' is.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

And a huge thanks to the MJ EP who played that clip of Nunes trying to explain away those phone calls with Parnas.  All that was missing was Jon Lovitz popping up behind him saying "yeah, that's the ticket!".

Between that and Sean "what's his name Les Parnas?" it was TV gold!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Meek-a may be the only willing candidate.

She did mention in her  post re the Lady Gaga love that she had a problem with sleeping pills. Could explain a lot of this relationship.   Not that she isn't a self serving twit, but I know from my father's experience  people do a lot of crazy stuff during an Ambien haze. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ah, good morning ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome to Lev Parnas Appreciation Day!  Poor Joe, not only probably slightly hungover from playing rock star last night but now he has to be nice to Rachel Maddow . . . they probably have a puke bucket next to his chair.

Is that what they were talking about?  I thought they meant they were at some sort of impeachment article party in Georgetown.  The Speaker has been known to celebrate her political victories in Georgetown.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Is that what they were talking about?  I thought they meant they were at some sort of impeachment article party in Georgetown.  The Speaker has been known to celebrate her political victories in Georgetown.

Oh like Pelosi would ever invite those two to any type of event she is hosting, puh-leeze.  Nope, Joe had a gig last night and everybody had a good time!

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Judging from stuff posted on Instagram, it was probably Mika, Joe’s self-proclaimed “#1 groupie”, who was hungover. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I was watching the Rachel interview this morning and noticed it was a little after 6 am and I thought,  Rachel is interviewing the man involved in the Ukraine scandal and Joe & Yoko are at Prohibition embarrassing themselves. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was watching the Rachel interview this morning and noticed it was a little after 6 am and I thought,  Rachel is interviewing the man involved in the Ukraine scandal and Joe & Yoko are at Prohibition embarrassing themselves. 

Why didn't MSNBC pre empt the Maddow interview with live coverage of Joe singing at Prohibition ? Joe was reportedly singing a new song about Trump's impeachment .

• LOL 10

Watching the impeachment trial starting, I'm so glad Joe will finally get a chance to talk about his time in Congress when he single handedly impeached Bill Clinton. 

Did you guys know he was in Congress? 

I notice they have a new Morning Joe contributor, first prize was you didn't have to be on the show. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Ok, what's up with Mika's left eye this morning?  It's looking a little squinty.  She must have caught it sitting next to the Mr..  Glad to see they made it back to the FL compound and I am sure the NYC studio is relieved too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe is insulting Trump this morning.  Joe says Trump often denies knowing people after they get in trouble.   He said he is in good shape because Trump tweeted insults about him.  

Jon Lemire and Willie joked about giving each other secret signals like the Astros. 

Mika did a serious voice news reading about the impeachment trial.

The panel tried to guess what Trump is thinking.  There was a live report from Hans Nichols who speculated about whether the president will attend a summit in Davos.  This seems like bullshit to me.  I wish I could get paid to stand outside the WH and guess what people are doing. 

Joe lectured the Republicans about the impeachment trial.  Joe claims to know how history will judge the Republican party.  Seems kind of arrogant.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

at 8:50am Mika introduced a segment where Mika "gets the tables flipped" and she answers questions about her 3rd KYV book.  I changed the channel. 

I just logged into livenewsnow.com to listen to MSNBC (forgetting it wasn't 9 am yet) and saw her hawking that idiot book. 

I don't have an issue with the subject, I think companies make a huge mistake by thinking a 25 year old has more to offer than a 50 year old.  

The fact that Mika thinks she re invented herself is ludicrous. She has had the same job for 20 years, at one network or another.  You would have been fired by MSNBC if it wasn't for Joe, and you didn't change, you just got a better position because of Joe's lechery. 

How she equates herself with a woman who either was laid off or took time off for family, and tries to re enter the work force, is maddening.   

You DID NOT  RE ENTER THE WORK FORCE OR RE INVENT YOURSELF!!! Unless you consider going from a wife to an adulterer reinvention. 

I'm hearing her say "making mistakes all the time". 

No shit Sherlock! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

don't have an issue with the subject, I think companies make a huge mistake by thinking a 25 year old has more to offer than a 50 year old.  

The fact that Mika thinks she re invented herself is ludicrous.

I just couldn't stick around this morning.  The pain of listening would have been too uncomfortable.  But, what is her thesis here?  "Do as I did?"  Did she leave the work force in the late 90s to parent her kids then return to local overnights, then MSNBC spot work, then caught the attention of Joe's trousers?
She's a 53 year old busty mess of privilege, poisonous habits, and scar tissue.  I DARE her to quit MSNBC so she gets her sleeping taken care of,* and work more normal hours in a lateral move in a similar role.  I dare her to attempt that.

*This is what she preaches.  She's written 3 books on it.  This is what she claims to have learned from her super special Lady Gaga Oprah dialectic meditative therapy.  Change your circumstances, improve your life.  Nope.  Instead she takes drugs and tells herself she's happy and that failing daily is winning.  God, she's pathetic.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Carlos Beltran,  Altuve, blah, blah Astros,  blah, blah, Mets, Red Sox.

Does anyone on that panel care what happened in the Senate yesterday? Oh, yeah, at 6:10 time to get down to business. 

I wonder if the MLB will let Joe negotiate an amnesty agreement for any Red Sox player or coaches affected by the cheating scandal ?

Joe could demand that Alex Cora be reinstated as manager of the Red Sox.

I doubt the MLB will want to deal with Joe ranting on a daily basis.

Joe is a leader

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Carlos Beltran,  Altuve, blah, blah Astros,  blah, blah, Mets, Red Sox.

Does anyone on that panel care what happened in the Senate yesterday? Oh, yeah, at 6:10 time to get down to business. 

^^^ THANK YOU!^^^

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

^^^ THANK YOU!^^^

Joe should be named the Commissioner of MLB. He will solve all the problems of cheating.

Joe should also be named Chairman of the RNC & DNC. Both political parties would benefit from his wisdom.

Mika could sell her KYV books & seminars to all the females in Congress.

• LOL 7

I just listened to an "interview" Meeka was supposedly doing with the director of a new documentary.  It is about a formerly imprisoned/now exiled Russian Oligarch and the power of Putin.  I actually found the bones of the documentary really interesting.  Because earlier in the show I heard more about her new book than what she learned from the director.  She asked him a very general question; a first year journalism major...or probably high school newspaper reporter... would have done better.  Then thankfully she threw the interview to Jonathan Lemire who was in the New York studio with the director.  Then she wrapped up the show!    

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just listened to an "interview" Meeka was supposedly doing with the director of a new documentary.  It is about a formerly imprisoned/now exiled Russian Oligarch and the power of Putin.  I actually found the bones of the documentary really interesting.  Because earlier in the show I heard more about her new book than what she learned from the director.  She asked him a very general question; a first year journalism major...or probably high school newspaper reporter... would have done better.  Then thankfully she threw the interview to Jonathan Lemire who was in the New York studio with the director.  Then she wrapped up the show!    

I couldn't agree more Kemper and this just goes to show that unless it is in the prompter she is pretty much clueless throughout the rest of the show aside from her tics and snorts.  I truly will never be able to wrap my head around that these two are allowed to get away with such a sub-par performance compared to the majority of the MSNBC roster.  Sincerely, I mean it.  I am stunned their contracts were renewed.

• Love 10

Today, it's low energy Joe and Mika.  They seem kind of unexcited about this historic day.  They didn't bother to go to the Capitol.  It is very cold here in DC, but I am sure they could have arranged something if they tried.

The top story is the impeachment trial.   A CNN poll says that 51 percent of Americans want the president to be removed.  Also, 69 percent of those polled wanted testimony from new witnesses.  Joe says that based on the polls, Sens. McConnell and Graham have losing arguments.

Willie says senators in swing states have to make a decision about new witnesses.  

Joe asked Jon Meacham about the polls. John explained margin of error to Joe. 

• Love 4

It is kind of strange to me that Joe is asking Richard Haas about the economy of Argentina and China.

It was like the lightning round on Password.  I think that Joe was just trying to fill up time.

This is kind of a weird line of questions for the first day on the impeachment trial.  They couldn't even prepare a half hour of segments about the trial.  It was like, " Ok, impeachment's done, how are things in Argentina today?"

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Mika during the intro.

"Third time in American history."

"Great day."

"Interesting times."

But apparently not interesting enough to get them out of Florida. Their schedule truly is defined only by Mika's seminars and Joe's "gigs". If they can't be bothered to show up, why should I? (I see that Joe Biden is on tomorrow's show. What are the odds they fly up just for that?)

I laughed when MSNBC ran a promo for coverage of The Impeachment of Donald Trump featuring photos of their anchors. But not Joe and Mika. It also stated that their special coverage begins at nine.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Mika during the intro.

"Third time in American history."

"Great day."

"Interesting times."

But apparently not interesting enough to get them out of Florida. Their schedule truly is defined only by Mika's seminars and Joe's "gigs". If they can't be bothered to show up, why should I? (I see that Joe Biden is on tomorrow's show. What are the odds they fly up just for that?)

I laughed when MSNBC ran a promo for coverage of The Impeachment of Donald Trump featuring photos of their anchors. But not Joe and Mika. It also stated that their special coverage begins at nine.

Mika & Joe seem to be "checked out" for the past year. I guess MSNBC agreed to renew the contracts since the ratings are strong.

Clinton gave a scathing interview of her thoughts on Bernie. She said he had no friends in the Senate.

Senator Claire agreed and said that Bernie liked lecturing the other Senators that his policies were right.

Claire said Bernie did not socialize with the other Senators.

Barnicle said Bernie was consistent in his views but very angry.

Joe said that Bernie was similar to Rand Paul. Joe liked Bernie personally.

Joe started impersonating Bernie.

• Love 4

I wish Fox would dig out clips of Joe orating during the Clinton impeachment.  Dooo it!  Kasey looked great today - hair, makeup, etc.  She was reporting from Congress - but she sounded like she had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.  As maybe the rest of us.   I think she is better when she is not on MJ.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Interesting that Joe, Mr Impeachment, isn't on the panel at MSNBC today of all days.

Wouldn't his experience being in Congress during Clinton impeachment add some value?

Oh that's right. What am I thinking? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I was enjoying everyone dunking on Bernie until after Claire voiced her distaste of of Bernie and the culture that surrounds him, Mika said, "Well done." 
And of course Joe made it about Joe.

Mika likes Biden & has said on numerous occasions that he & Jill are making a big sacrifice to come back into politics & agree to live in the White House if he is elected.

I think Jill Biden would be willing to promote Mika's KYV seminars which is the top issue for her.

I don't think Bernie has been on Morning Joe for years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Interesting that Joe, Mr Impeachment, isn't on the panel at MSNBC today of all days.

Wouldn't his experience being in Congress during Clinton impeachment add some value?

Oh that's right. What am I thinking? 

I think the network is reluctant to allow Joe to appear on other shows. Joe would try to take control of the discussion and start shouting at the other hosts.

Joe was supposed to be a regular panelist on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd a few years ago but only appeared once after monopolizing the panel discussion. Todd lost control of the set & was very frustrated.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8