Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is wearing an ugly shade of purple.

Joe asked David Ignatius to compare this impeachment to Watergate and the Clinton impeachment.  David said it has been repetitious but the arguments of the House managers are powerful.

Here goes Joe again lecturing the Republicans.  He said everyone knows the president did what he is charged with but the question is whether it is impeachable.  

I don't like this line of commentary with Joe lecturing members of the Senate.  First, regardless of political position, it is not the place of a MSNBC host and House flunkie to lecture members of the Senate.  I have not seen any other news host do that.

Second, if Joe wants to have a say about anything in the Senate, he needs to run and become a member of the Senate.  But he will never do that because it is easier to sit on MSNBC and complain.

Why can't he just cover the story?

Meh. It’s an opinion show. Everyone knows it. He’s not an impartial journalist; he’s a commentator. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Second, if Joe wants to have a say about anything in the Senate, he needs to run and become a member of the Senate.  But he will never do that because it is easier to sit on MSNBC and complain.

Why can't he just cover the story?

Joe did show interest in running for the Senate from Florida in 2010. However, the GOP refused to disqualify Marco Rubio & Charlie Crist, so it would be difficult for Joe to win the nomination if he had to face other candidates.

Mika & Joe made several visits to the Gulf Coast beaches to complain about Obama not stopping the oil spill. They had Gov Crist on their show.

Joe loves to lecture EVERYONE about EVERYTHING. He is knowledgeable about all topics.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Mika made a special visit to Washington for today's show.

She was able to participate with the other guests.

Joe is tuck in the Florida breakfast nook for tax purposes.

Meacham said Vermont & Maine were so out of the mainstream that they supported Alf Landon for President .

Meacham always makes me laugh with such obscure facts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Heilmann said there isn't as much talk of impeachment in Iowa as was expected by the candidates

However, there was a tv on in a diner that was showing the impeachment coverage. Some people were watching the tv in the diner.

• Love 3

Sam Stein said that Democrats were upset that Fox News was not covering the Impeachment as much as other media.

Mika said that Joe's dad found about Nixon' Watergate scandal  from watching TV. Joe's dad said that what Nixon did was wrong. Joe's dad voted for Nixon.

Joe was 11 when Nixon resigned. Joe knew that Nixon was wrong.

Joe called Trump a failed TV reality host.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Heilmann said there isn't as much talk of impeachment in Iowa as was expected by the candidates

However, there was a tv on in a diner that was showing the impeachment coverage. Some people were watching the tv in the diner.

WTF is up with these inside the beltway types and their obsession with Midwestern diners? They eat Thai, Mexican etc. in the Heartland!

(And I bet you would find a different demographic of customers there.)

Edited by xaxat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Katty Kay said that when she went to Washington to work for the BBC, she was invited to a dinner & had no clue who Jim Lehrer was. Lehrer was not pompous & didn't belittle her.

I found that interesting.

I am sure that if someone new in the industry did that to Katty Kay, she would belittle them & be pompous.

Katty Kay has a very high opinion of herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, xaxat said:

WTF is up with these inside the beltway types and their obsession with Midwestern diners? They eat Thai, Mexican etc. in the Heartland!

(And I bet you would find a different demographic of customers there.)

We even have Food Trucks in Indianapolis!! 

I think they go to diners because they can say they spoke to real Americans, in their mind-  older white couples having breakfast before they go to Sam's Club. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Katty Kay said that the Coronavirus is getting worse. There are 33 million people in lockdown in Wuhan.

Yeah, and just when she finished saying that, the camera went to Mika in her purple bathrobe playing with her phone. Talk about deer in the headlights: Caught again, bitch. I must say I picked the best time to do my daily drive by! Such a damn hypocrite.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, xaxat said:

WTF is up with these inside the beltway types and their obsession with Midwestern diners?

It’s also been my experience that actual diners are more prominent on the east coast too. I spent some time in Indianapolis recently and didn’t see one damn silver diner.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

It’s also been my experience that actual diners are more prominent on the east coast too. I spent some time in Indianapolis recently and didn’t see one damn silver diner.

Ooooh, but they're hard working people too.  Unlike us east coast slackers.

• Love 2

Joe started by saying that the Senate needs to investigate allegations in Amb John Bolton's new book.  Apparently, the book was released yesterday.

Joe looks very tired. I think he stopped dyeing his hair.

There was a nice tribute to Kobe Bryant following the death of Kobe and his daughter in a helicopter accident yesterday.  Sports columnist Mike Lupica said that for many fans it is like a death in the family.  This tribute would have been better if they had clips of Kobe playing ball, and not just five still pictures of him.  

Willie said that his sister worked with Kobe on a documentary at ESPN.  Kobe was always nice to Willie's sister.  So why couldn't you guys get any footage?  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

Mika & Joe were busy spending time with the family yesterday when they found out about Kobe. Joe said it was like a punch in the gut.

Joe said people should call each other when they are going through hard times.

Mika said that Kobe was inspired by his daughters.

• Love 2

Adrienne agreed with Willie that Sanders would have momentum if he won Iowa & NH.

She said that Super Tuesday is important.

I like that Donny Deutsh hasn't said very much during the first 45 minutes of the show.

• LOL 3
41 minutes ago, oakville said:

Nicole Wallace's boyfriend showed up to discuss the Bolton book.

Oh come on @oakville he's more than that! 😁

(I wonder if he works on his "serious furrowed brow" in the mirror or if it just comes naturally.)

11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Adrienne said that the party apparatus will not support Bernie even if wins 3 of the 4 first states.

Yeah, we have never seen someone win his party's nomination running as an establishment outsider.

• Love 5

Heilemann said that Biden's events are small & somber events compared to Bernie's rallies.

Heilmann said that Biden is doing well in the polls.

Karine Jean Pierre said that Klobuchar doesn't have a good ground game in Iowa.

• Love 3

Donny is furious that Sanders & AOC could be the face of the Democrats. He said Trump would beat him.

Joe said he would defer to Jim Messina.

Joe said that Biden & Sanders have the best chance of beating Trump in the midwest.

• Love 2

Chris Matthews is an idiot. He's foaming at the mouth because no one literally sets the debate stage on fire or makes his leg tingle. 

Maybe someone could talk about all the excitement on Hardball when Chris runs guests off the set with his inability to control his gas. 

Anyone wanna bet Joe had to explain to Mika who Kobe Bryant was? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Mika was excited about her new book Comeback Careers!. Joe asked Mika if she was excited about the large turnout at her seminars & that people have sent her emails about their careers!

Mika spoke more about this topic than during the rest of the show.

• Love 1

Mika was excited about her new book Comeback Careers!.

And that's exactly when I changed the channel. In fact, whenever she becomes animated and is not obviously reading the teleprompter I know it's going to be a KYV shill and get the remote handy.

• Love 9

Mayor Pete came on the show. He said that Democrats do well when they pick an outsider.

2 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

And that's exactly when I changed the channel. In fact, whenever she becomes animated and is not obviously reading the teleprompter I know it's going to be a KYV shill and get the remote handy.

It amazes me at how much less she actually engages with anyone on the show. She used to be more involved in questioning guests before she got engaged to Joe.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Chris Matthews is an idiot. He's foaming at the mouth because no one literally sets the debate stage on fire or makes his leg tingle. 

Maybe someone could talk about all the excitement on Hardball when Chris runs guests off the set with his inability to control his gas. 

Anyone wanna bet Joe had to explain to Mika who Kobe Bryant was? 

Matthews should consider retiring after the election.

He said that Bernie wouldn't help someone if they got hurt in a car accident.

That's a bizarre way to discuss politics.

Mika laughed nervously. Joe said Bernie would help accident victims.

Mika was excited about Matthews new podcast.

Biden would contrast with Trump.

Matthews is outraged about the lack of spontaneous one liners from the candidates.

OK Boomer!

Matthews said that Gore lost because he was a geek compared to George W Bush.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

It would be nice to bump that timeline up a little . . . 

2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

GREAT post, thank you for this!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was excited about her new book Comeback Careers!. Joe asked Mika if she was excited about the large turnout at her seminars & that people have sent her emails about their careers!

Mika spoke more about this topic than during the rest of the show.

Seriously, these two are just so completely gross and so greedy.  Neither one of them comes to play unless it involves pushing their latest project/narrative and if not, Meeks becomes the hall monitor and Joe just wanders off into their lanai.

What a waste of millions of dollars with so many other folks that could ably take their place in a heartbeat.

• Love 4

I turned it on after I watched "The Outsider" (which I highly recommend) and I thought Jeesh Mika is creepier than a tv series adapted from a Stephen King book. 

Joe: "Mika can you believe there are that many uninformed, easily manipulated women who believe your bullshit?" 

Mika: "Uninformed and manipulated is my demographic, Joe. "

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Katy Tur was promoting Matthews' podcast on Twitter.  Twitter was not having it.  

Cross promotions  must be an edict from TPTB . Probably explains why all the women grit their teeth and agree to write articles for Enhance Mika's Value. 

• Love 5

When Mayor Pete said something about Trump being the worst president "in my lifetime" I almost spit out my coffee laughing.  Sure, that might be how you feel, but dude, you're only 38 years old.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

She used to be more involved in questioning guests before she got engaged to Joe.

I must confess that I only started watching within the past year or so therefore I have never seen such a phenomenon. I would be interested in seeing her acting intelligent and involved.

He (Chris Mathews) always looks like he is spitting on his guests and he never lets them finish their thoughts with his constant interruptions. 

He even interrupts himself, can't be bothered saying complete words and sentences, and, yes the spitting. However, I thought he was remarkably calm during the daytime impeachment commentary. I don't know why but it was a nice change for him to not appear unhinged.

• Love 4

Today, Joe says a confederacy of dunces is defending Trump.  He is making dumbass jokes that are completely senseless.  He is ranting about Pam Bondi and cracking up at his own jokes.

I guess he doesn't want to do actual analysis of the case that has been presented.  In law school you learn to discuss arguments without laughing and acting like a giant asshole.   He must have barely passed law school. 

Mika looks like she can't believe she went from a NSA father who was respected to this clown.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Today, Joe says a confederacy of dunces is defending Trump.  He is making dumbass jokes that are completely senseless.  He is ranting about Pam Bondi and cracking up at his own jokes.

I guess he doesn't want to do actual analysis of the case that has been presented.  In law school you learn to discuss arguments without laughing and acting like a giant asshole.   He must have barely passed law school. 

Seriously, WTF?  Holy cow, if I didn't want to hear from the other panelists I would have jumped ship after the first 60 seconds.  Even Meeks looks she wants to run out of the breakfast nook (she's actually leaning away from Joe).

• Love 3

The panel talked about John Bolton but did not address the issue of executive privilege, which would likely be invoked in the event of a subpoena.  There would probably be at least a few weeks of legal deliberation on the privilege issue.  Bolton cannot just show up tomorrow and testify in the Senate.  Joe could address this issue in detail if he did any preparation.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

These people make me laugh. They went after Elizabeth Warren mercilessly, especially Steve Ratner, tearing her down and then they're marveling at her numbers falling while Bernie's are rising. Why is Bernie's rising when he said he'd raise taxes to implement M4A they ask??? Because you never went after him, you're all about tearing down women. That's why. What stands out to me is that people want answers on healthcare and if Warren gets torn down by the misogynist mainstream press then they'll switch to Bernie.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika looks like she can't believe she went from a NSA father who was respected to this clown.  

Joe's behavior at the beginning of the show was unprofessional. He should stop laughing at his own jokes.

I do remember reading the book the Confederacy of Dunces.

Mika is wearing a new turquoise top.

Willie compared Joe's rant to James Brown.

• LOL 4
14 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

These people make me laugh. They went after Elizabeth Warren mercilessly, especially Steve Ratner, tearing her down and then they're marveling at her numbers falling while Bernie's are rising. Why is Bernie's rising when he said he'd raise taxes to implement M4A they ask??? Because you never went after him, you're all about tearing down women. That's why. What stands out to me is that people want answers on healthcare and if Warren gets torn down by the misogynist mainstream press then they'll switch to Bernie.

Ratner has been opposed to Warren for years. She wanted to increase taxes on hedge fund managers like him. She was opposed to tax breaks on carried interest.

Mika was a strong supporter of Elizabeth Warren in 2016 & wanted her to run for President against Hillary.

• Love 4

Kasie! argued with Ratner about Bloomberg taking support from Biden.

Ratner admitted that Biden finishing in 3rd or 4th place in NH & Iowa would be bad for his campaign.

Joe made it clear that South Carolina is Biden's firewall. African Americans will vote for Biden in all weather conditions.

Joe said that he was talking to members of the Democratic Establishment. They are horrified by the rise of Bernie Sanders. Kasie reacted with glee!

Mika hasn't said anything for 15 minutes. Perhaps she went out to do errands ?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1