Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said that Trump needs to have better relations with NATO allies.

Joe said the 1979 US Embassy Hostage incident in Teheran strained relations with Iran.

The show played a clip of Trump in 2015 being confused about the Quds & Kurds in an interview with Hewitt.

Katty Kay is worried about the lack of US strategy in dealing with Iran.

• Love 3

Yasmin was tweeting about this last night I'm glad Joe or at least his producers had the presence of mind to have her and Amin on this morning. I believe she grew up in Iran. 

Joe speaking to a Middle East leader:  The young man working in the bakery at Publix is from Lebanon. Joe said thank you when he handed him Mika's cake and the man replied "you're welcome". 

I didn't watch much this morning, I was watching Messiah on Netflix. Joe seemed rather subdued. If he would stay like this I could watch more, esp since we don't have to deal with Mika's histrionics and teleprompter flubs. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

The show played a clip of Trump in 2015 being confused about the Quds & Kurds in an interview with Hewitt.

I saw this part of the show. That clip was stunning. Not only did Trump display his ignorance but he became pissy with Hugh Hewitt, of all people, accusing him of playing gotcha. 

We live in scary times.

• Love 2

Tom Nichols came on the show to say that Trump doesn't think ahead about the consequences of killing Sulemani.

Dexter Filkin said that it won't be easy to replace Sulemani. He was the mastermind of several innovative terrorist attacks. He wanted to kill the Saudi Ambassador in Washington by planting a bomb in a restaurant.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I didn't watch much this morning, I was watching Messiah on Netflix. 

Just a quick off topic question, how is Messiah, is it worth watching?

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was happy to have a new "Never Trumper" guest from Florida.  Mr.  Tipanovitch. He lost clients for not supporting Trump.

Oh phooey, I wanted to watch this but after being bored by Joe "But I wanted to talk poll numbers and now you're actually going to make me work" Scarborough, I decided to flounce over to F&F and was rewarded with watching a battle royale between Kilmeade and Geraldo (the clip's on Mediaite and it's a doozy).   I know there is an article about Mr. Tipanovitch that just came out, I'll have to go find/read it.  Thanks for the reminder Oakville!

eta:  for anyone else that missed the interview do not miss reading this article:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/314556-what-ive-learned-mac-stipanovich-on-donald-trump-retirement-the-recount-and-real-florida-politics

Edited by Chloesmom
Added the link to the article
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mika decided to come back to work.  The top story is Iran.  She is reading Trump's tweets about Iran.  Jonathan Lemire said the president doubled down yesterday about striking Iranian cultural sites.  

Joe read from a Wall Street Journal story about Iran.  Joe was holding the paper in front of his face and could barely read it.

Richard Haas apparently has a new OP-ed out today in which he labeled the Iran strategy as incoherent.

Speaking of incoherent, Joe's questions today make little sense.  He made multiple declarations about Iran's nuclear weapons program and then just tossed to the guests.  Joe didn't learn how to ask straightforward questions in law school, I guess.  To me, it seems that Joe seems uncomfortable doing serious foreign policy stories. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe read from a Wall Street Journal story about Iran.  Joe was holding the paper in front of his face and could barely read it.

Richard Haas apparently has a new OP-ed out today in which he labeled the Iran strategy as incoherent.

Speaking of incoherent, Joe's questions today make little sense.  He made multiple declarations about Iran's nuclear weapons program and then just tossed to the guests.  Joe didn't learn how to ask straightforward questions in law school, I guess.  To me, it seems that Joe seems uncomfortable doing serious foreign policy stories. 

Joe was vehemently opposed to the Iran Nuclear deal & blamed President Obama for being weak in giving the regime billions of dollars a few years ago. Some of the money belonged to Iran from prior to the 1979 crisis.

Joe is reluctant to discuss Iran because someone may bring up Dr Z's involvement in the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis.

Joe spent the holidays preparing several pre scripted rants about Trump being impeached & the GOP being doomed. He can't use them till the Iran crisis is over.

• Love 4

Joe said that there were large protests in Iran over the economic situation. They are now united against the USA.

David Ignatius said that the Iranians were getting very aggressive over the past few months.

The Iranians targeted the Saudi Oil facilities & ttacked the US embassy in Baghdad.

Joe said Trump appeased the Iranians for a long time & now Trump over reacted by killing Suleimani.

• Love 1

Joe is upset at Richard Haas when he said that the USA lit the fuse over the latest crisis with Iran.

Haas admitted that Iran was complying with the Nuclear deal but now have an excuse to abandon the deal.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Haas admitted that Iran was complying with the Nuclear deal but now have an excuse to abandon the deal.

I thought this was the point all along. Republicans wanted out of the deal so they could provoke Iran and start another conflict.  We weren't having these issues until the US pulled out of JCPOA. 

21 minutes ago, xaxat said:

What was up with Mika during her interview with Rep. Will Hurd? 

I think she saw Katy Tur cut John Podhoretz off at the knees Friday when he was defending the strike against Suleimani.   

Somebody has to make her stop promoting that KYV/Self Help Book bullshit.  You were not living in a van down by the river til someone gave you a shot at network news. You are the product of parents who did everything for you because you were too lazy and stupid to help yourself, and then you fucked your way to this job. 

That's not the subject for a self help book, it's a truth you should face. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe was vehemently opposed to the Iran Nuclear deal & blamed President Obama for being weak in giving the regime billions of dollars a few years ago. Some of the money belonged to Iran from prior to the 1979 crisis.

People like Joe don't understand that there is compromise in these deals, no party gets everything they want. And that money was Iran's, he cannot be so stupid to not remember this.  

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama-didnt-give-iran-150-billion-in-cash/

I guess next up will be the "red line" in Syria. Which Obama didn't enforce because Congress was throwing a shit fit about him not consulting them, so he said, okay give me the green light to attack and we'll do it. But they wouldn't, so he didn't. 

Funny how the whole story gets lost on people pushing these lies. 

• Love 10

I thought this was the point all along. Republicans wanted out of the deal so they could provoke Iran and start another conflict.  We weren't having these issues until the US pulled out of JCPOA. 

I think she saw Katy Tur cut John Podhoretz off at the knees Friday when he was defending the strike against Suleimani.   

Somebody has to make her stop promoting that KYV/Self Help Book bullshit.  You were not living in a van down by the river til someone gave you a shot at network news. You are the product of parents who did everything for you because you were too lazy and stupid to help yourself, and then you fucked your way to this job. 

That's not the subject for a self help book, it's a truth you should face. 

Mika prior to meeting her savior Joe:

saturday night live snl GIF

i couldnt stop laughing chris farley GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Van down by the river is a running joke in my family. 

Apparently that's what Mika thought of her marriage to Jim Hoffer and her previous jobs at the various networks. 
" I had to work so hard to get out from under the burden of my wealthy, politically connected family, my marriage to a decent man, my two children.  Eventually this egomaniac got a boner for me in the middle of the night, and decided the easiest way to get me in the sack was to give me a job. Thru a lot of long nights learning how to say "Up next..." and "We'll be right back", I've scratched and clawed my way to the top of the bottom of the heap. 

And now she's also allowed to promote a scam on MSNBC every day, one that shouldn't even be allowed to be an infomercial running at 3 am.  Even Joe is making fun of it this morning.

I'm really surprised Joe gave her free rein to scream at Will Hurd this morning. Over the weekend I saw clips of Morning Joe in "The Candidate" movie with Will Ferrell, and "Alpha House" an Amazon show with John Goodman about senators.

Mika was not allowed to speak in either of those. But she nodded her head real good! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

The top story is mixed messages from the Pentagon about the status of troops in Iraq.  Joe says there are mixed messages as to whether Soleimani was an imminent threat.  Last week, Joe told us Soleimani was a terrible threat but the decision to kill him was wrong. Joe, make up your mind. 

Next topic is whether John Bolton will testify in the impeachment trial.  Bolton says he will testify. Joe ranted through a impressions of what Republican Senators say about Trump.  Joe thinks voters will be upset if with Repubs if no witnesses are called.  Then Joe "interviewed" Michael Steele. By interview, I mean Joe did a freeform rant.  He really needs to clean up his knee jerk reactions and learn to focus on a topic.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The top story is escalation in Iraq.  Missiles were launched on a US airbase in Iraq last night.  Richard Engel, David Ignatius, and John Meacham joined Joe and Meeks.

Joe asked David whether Iran intentionally struck our base.  David Ignatius said some BS about "tight linkages." 

Joe told Willie that the hot war is cooling down.  How can Joe know that less than 24 hours after a missile strike?  

Joe guesses about what happened at the White House last night. It's not like Joe was there.

Everyone is theorizing about what people in the White House are thinking.  White House reporter Hans Nichols did not have much new info except some lights at the WH are on right now.  I would guess some lights are always on there, Hans.

And...the MSNBC signal here is DC suddenly went black around 6:16.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Did everyone in the huge Brady Bunch montage get to speak, or was the intention of the montage to impress us with the importance of the show, by displaying images of so many commentators? 

• Love 1

Rattner should not be a guest when they are discussing Bloomberg unless he is explicitly identified as a Bloomberg partisan. The "I just manage his money" disclaimer is ridiculously insufficient. 

Unreal. Mika KYVed Elizabeth Warren. 

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is annoying today.

You can just probably copy/paste this as a new post every day until the show gets cancelled.

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika congratulated Stephanie Ruhle for her promotion at NBC.

What was her promotion? From the look of her top she's starring in a Little House on the Prairie reboot. 

Stephanie tweeted while on vacation at the beach that she wondered why old rich men can date younger women, and why don't old rich women date young men.  Real heady stuff. 

• LOL 6
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

What was her promotion? From the look of her top she's starring in a Little House on the Prairie reboot. 

Stephanie tweeted while on vacation at the beach that she wondered why old rich men can date younger women, and why don't old rich women date young men.  Real heady stuff. 

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02/stephanie-ruhle-lands-big-nbc-business-role-amid-anchor-reshuffle-at-msnbc/

https://nypost.com/2019/02/22/under-armour-ceo-had-cozy-relationship-with-msnbc-anchor-stephanie-ruhle-report/

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, oakville said:
48 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02/stephanie-ruhle-lands-big-nbc-business-role-amid-anchor-reshuffle-at-msnbc/

https://nypost.com/2019/02/22/under-armour-ceo-had-cozy-relationship-with-msnbc-anchor-stephanie-ruhle-report/

I like Joshua Johnson, I listen to 1A a lot.  

I cannot believe Mika dragged EW into her KYV scam. 

5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I like Joshua Johnson, I listen to 1A a lot.  

I cannot believe Mika dragged EW into her KYV scam. 

Mika will probably consider inviting Elizabeth Warren to a KYV seminar if she becomes the Democratic nominee for President.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Other than her obligatory KYV bullshit, Willie did most of the interview.

Joe Scarborough opted out of interviewing the #3 Democrat running for President?  Wow.  How long did they give her?  A few segments?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe Scarborough opted out of interviewing the #3 Democrat running for President?  Wow.  How long did they give her?  A few segments?

She was on most of the 8 am half hour. Joe did let her give her web site info around 8:30.  She was in NYC with Willie. Joe usually disappears during the 8 am segment anyway. Mika was only there to introduce and then do her KYV grovel at the end. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

She was on most of the 8 am half hour. Joe did let her give her web site info around 8:30.  She was in NYC with Willie.

Wasn't Pete Buttigieg on yesterday or the day before? And who interviewed him? I bet Joe and his bride didn't miss a change to interview him ... again.

5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She was on most of the 8 am half hour. Joe did let her give her web site info around 8:30.  She was in NYC with Willie. Joe usually disappears during the 8 am segment anyway. Mika was only there to introduce and then do her KYV grovel at the end. 

It's sad that Mika & Joe don't put much effort anymore into preparing detailed questions for the candidates running for President. It's a show devoted to talking politics 90% of the time, so why not do some prep work  ?

Joe's excitement today was limited to bragging about how much Bloomberg was spending on TV ads for the Super Bowl. Joe believes that the ads will help Bloomberg during Super Tuesday.

Mika can't even be bothered to ask the leading woman candidate for President any questions.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe's excitement today was limited to bragging about how much Bloomberg was spending on TV ads for the Super Bowl. Joe believes that the ads will help Bloomberg during Super Tuesday.

I hope Joe is wrong.  If anything, I think the ad bomb will backfire because I know I, for one, am sick of being bombarded with them. 

• Love 5