Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think the network is reluctant to allow Joe to appear on other shows. Joe would try to take control of the discussion and start shouting at the other hosts.

Joe was supposed to be a regular panelist on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd a few years ago but only appeared once after monopolizing the panel discussion. Todd lost control of the set & was very frustrated.

Joe doesn't have to play well with others anymore as his pal Dan Abrams is more than happy t carry his water (and Chuck Todd is so yesterday!):

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-devastating-impeachment-poll-shows-americans-know-trump-is-lying-but-will-gop-senators-listen/

• Love 1

Joe opened the show with his fantasy musings about how the world would be different if Jeb Bush were president.  Joe wishes there was a time machine, and all of the Republicans had voted for Bush in the primaries.  Joe's life would certainly be different.

Last night, the Senate approved rules for the impeachment trial.  Joe said the attorneys for the WH were caught in lies.  Joe thinks that ndependents and swing voters will be affected by Republican incompetence.

They showed video of Nadler, Schiff, and Cippolone being scolded by Chief Justice John Roberts.  The panel agreed that the Chief Justice doesn't put up with crap.  Willie said the Democrats are arguing to six moderate Republicans that they want on their side.

Elise joined, looking very pretty in an orange dress.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe opened the show with his fantasy musings about how the world would be different if Jeb Bush were president.  Joe wishes there was a time machine, and all of the Republicans had voted for Bush in the primaries.  Joe's life would certainly be different.

Thank goodness I didn't watch the show opener as those musings would have made my head explode although I too wish there was a time machine so we could go back to when Mom and Dad signed up for another few years and arranged for that offer to mysteriously disappear.  All of our lives would be different too.

Ok, I came in on the tail end of the Lev Parnas' lawyer segment and that guy is a riot.  His twitter feed makes me laugh out loud pretty much every day although it has become truly stunning what passes for a lawyer these days.

And thank you MJ for cutting away from the live feed from Davos.  No disrespect but goodness how many times do we have to hear the same things and now Willie is disproving pretty much everything.  Again.  Ugh, just stop.

• Love 4

Joe is using his Matlock voice to impersonate Chief Justice Roberts.

Joe said Roberts defended Obamacare even though he didn't agree with it philosophically.

Joe said Roberts won't slam gavels at the GOP when they are defending Trump

• Love 3

Joe is naming the moderate republicans slowly and urging them to stand up for the truth and convict Trump.

Joe said Collins,Tillis, Gardner & McSally will lose their seats.

Joe said they should listen to their conscience  rather than Trump.

Joe said they should update their LinkedIn profile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Heilemann is excited that Colorado & Nevada will go Blue in November.

He said that Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennylvania & Michigan are battleground states.

He said Susan Collins will have a tough time getting re elected. She has to frame her vote in a way that appeals to voters.

Heilemann said Tillis is not as vulnerable.

Joe was excited about Arizona & Georgia voting for Democrats.

Joe said the GOP should have listened to him about not being a sycophant to Trump.

• Love 3

Joe said the polls show that Trump abused his power.

Joe said Trump has told over 16,000 lies since he became President. This is above average for US Presidents.

Joe said Barr is doomed & should recuse himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It is nice to see Joe Biden on MJ this morning.  I like his talking points and him.  He always seems to be squinting. It makes him look as if he is uncomfortable or in pain.  I wonder if it would help if he wore glasses.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said Bolton won't speak due to executive privilege.

Doesn't that only apply to convos with a President, not when a member of State Dept staff or Ambassador tells you a President is pulling aid to an ally unless they get some dirt on a political rival? 

Is it me or would Mika be better suited as one of the showcase gals on Price is Right? All I heard this morning during the 8 am rerun was her sing songy intros, a little bit of fumbled news reading, and gushing about Joe's hateful Southern accent. He's such an asshole. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, madfortv said:

It is nice to see Joe Biden on MJ this morning.  I like his talking points and him.  He always seems to be squinting. It makes him look as if he is uncomfortable or in pain.  I wonder if it would help if he wore glasses.

I was thinking the same thing as Joe Biden is just a likable person. I won't pull a Lindsay Graham 1.0 and cry, but 8 agree with everything Lindsay Graham 1.0 said.

I'm not sure what Lindsay Graham 2.0 thinks. 

Is it just me or did Joe say that liberal lawyers weren't required to be as smart as conservative lawyers? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Joe said that Mika was an expert on Maine politics because she spent her summers there. Mika moaned in approval.

Mika said her friends won't support Collins.

Joe said Collins is doomed for supporting Trump.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe is using his Matlock voice to impersonate Chief Justice Roberts.

I think that was more Foghorn Leghorn.

Joe should realize that just because Mika giggles at his sophomoric attempts at humor doesn't mean anyone with a triple digit IQ would find it funny. 

Leave the comedy to the professionals, Joe.  In fact, how about MSNBC get a professional or two to host this shit show, since you two can't be bothered. 

• Love 9

Joe agreed to stay past 8 30 am to interview Joe Biden. Biden should be honored.

Joe said Medicare & Social Security are in trouble. They are running out of money.

Biden wants people above $400K paying more in Social Security contributions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said she would be calling Jill Biden after the show

"Hi Jill, this is Mika.  Mika Brzezinski?  Morning Joe?  Joe Scarborough's side piece?  We met at that thing... remember?  With the cake and I...  Well, anyway, know your value girl!  Hello?"

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Cake & Ice Cream can't vote, Mika. 

Mika and I share friends! 

I think to myself daily what would I do without Mika reminding me daily to know my value. 

Overall, I thought they did a good job on the interview. Biden talking about his son made me want to hug my son. 

Elise Jordan and the guy, u forgot his name, but they have the same smirk/smile.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said the GOP should have listened to him about not being a sycophant to Trump.

Jaysus, that should make your head spin more than Linda Blair in The Exorcist.  The bald hypocrisy in not recognizing his own contributions to sycophancy...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Heilemann was good this morning.  His show,  The Circus,  appropriately named given the way he described vulnerable Republican senators this morning. 

There's going to be a lot of tightrope walking and ball juggling. 

• Love 4

Joe is wearing a really ugly blue and black plaid jacket 

There is a new panelist today:  Tom Nichols from USA Today.

Mika says Adam Schiff's argument yesterday was stunning.  We all know she didn't watch it.

Joe showed a CNN poll that shows 51 percent of those surveyed wanted Trump removed.  Joe said Biden and Bloomberg could beat Trump, according to the same CNN poll. Joe noted that Bloomberg has lots of money and knows how to run things.  So now Joe is on the Bloomberg train? 

They ran video of Adam Schiff's argument.  Mika sat with her arms crossed and said, "Yeah."  She can't even come up with one intelligent thought after 4 minutes of video.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Queena said:

Is it just me or did Joe say that liberal lawyers weren't required to be as smart as conservative lawyers? 

Not exactly. My impression is he was saying that conservatives had to fight harder to make their points when they were in school. The implication was that liberal positions were more easily accepted,  so conservatives  had to build a more in depth case as opposed to liberals who could just throw out a few talking points. This experience was good for the future because conservative learned how to make a good case where as liberals didn't have the same learning experience and weren't as good putting together a case.

• Love 6

Joe is so excited that the polls show that Trump is losing to Biden & Bloomberg by 9 %.

Trump is doomed & the election is over.

Doesn't Joe remember that Hillary was leading by double digits until shortly before the election ?

• Love 6

Joe said Americans want a fair trial for Trump but the GOP is biased.

Joe is happy that Biden was beating Bernie 30-23 in the Monmouth poll,

Bloomberg has 9% support. Joe is happy about Bloomberg doing well. He will advertise on Morning Joe & help Mika & Joe get a bonus.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Mika & Joe have agreed to tape a live event at Java Joes in Iowa on Feb 3rd. It's where the show started to become popular after Tim Russert showed up the set.

Mika said she has many fond memories of being with Joe in Iowa .

Heilemann was exicted that Biden spoke well at the VFW hall yesterday in Iowa.

He is now defending his son Hunter.

Biden is attacking Sanders for his positions on guns.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

Mika just referred to a momentous huge day marking an event in history... the HoloCAST... god she’s terrible

It's mind boggling that Mika, who's dad was born in Poland cannot pronounce the word Holocaust properly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I decided to watch live TV to start this morning, so I checked out CNN. They were reporting on the epidemic in China with the host, their doctor, Sanjay Gupta, and a correspondent in China who had just been evacuated from a quarantined city. Very interesting.

I turned back for the end of Morning Joe. Mika reads newspaper coverage about the epidemic in her "ho hum" voice and ended with something like "We should get Doctor Dave(?) in here to talk about this." You think!

This show has become too much punditry, too much poll driven, horse race, analysis. Not enough news.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I decided to watch live TV to start this morning, so I checked out CNN. They were reporting on the epidemic in China with the host, their doctor, Sanjay Gupta, and a correspondent in China who had just been evacuated from a quarantined city. Very interesting.

I turned back for the end of Morning Joe. Mika reads newspaper coverage about the epidemic in her "ho hum" voice and ended with something like "We should get Doctor Dave(?) in here to talk about this." You think!

This show has become too much punditry, too much poll driven, horse race, analysis. Not enough news.

I was trying to quote the last paragraph but it didn't work.   I agree about the punditry, polls, etc.   One of the few times they veer away from poll-driven politics is when they tout KYV events, a Meek-a book or a rock concert by Squinty Scarborough.  In other words, totally self-serving money making things.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I was trying to quote the last paragraph but it didn't work.   I agree about the punditry, polls, etc.   One of the few times they veer away from poll-driven politics is when they tout KYV events, a Meek-a book or a rock concert by Squinty Scarborough.  In other words, totally self-serving money making things.

Me three.  I rarely watch any of the MSNBC shows now as they are all so consumed with politics and are missing out on very important stories that impact our every day lives.  Clearly not the lives of many of those parked around the plexiglass table but I want to hear about something other than  polls and opinions.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, tres bien said:

Heilemann was good this morning.  His show,  The Circus,  appropriately named given the way he described vulnerable Republican senators this morning. 

There's going to be a lot of tightrope walking and ball juggling. 

It was his birthday today and when the group acknowledged it, Mika made it so awkward he finally shot the segment and put it out of it's misery.  Lordy that woman knows how to clear a room.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Me three.  I rarely watch any of the MSNBC shows now as they are all so consumed with politics and are missing out on very important stories that impact our every day lives.  Clearly not the lives of many of those parked around the plexiglass table but I want to hear about something other than  polls and opinions.

True, but Joe loves quoting polls that support his opinions.

Joe did not stay around for the 8 30 am segment because Willie quoted polls that showed Bernie Sanders leading in NH by 12%.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Perhaps Mika will write a book about her adventures with Joe on the campaign trail ?

No need as they were kind enough to act it out in all its glory on national tee-vee . . . ugh.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Oh and watching live coverage reminds me of something that made me gag earlier today during MJ.  Garrett Haake (who I think is a good reporter) mentioned that the only person that didn't have any papers on his desk was Mitch McConnell for taking notes and said how intimidating that must be for the house managers.  Seriously?  Anyone is shocked he is sitting there glaring at everybody doing everything he can to throw shade at the managers?  I would be intimidated with Chief Justice Roberts sitting directly behind me but McConnell with nothing on his desk . . . girl please.

Again, this is no shade on Garrett as he was just reporting what he saw but of course the panel lapped it up with a spoon.

• Love 4

I also want to give a huge shout out to the EP and team that pulled those so informative clips from yesterday's proceedings.  Great job of focusing on what's important which can't be easy with those two trying to shoehorn in their particular . . . things.  Great job!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Garrett Haake (who I think is a good reporter) mentioned that the only person that didn't have any papers on his desk was Mitch McConnell for taking notes and said how intimidating that must be for the house managers. 

It's hilarious that Haake thinks Adam Schiff & Co is intimidated by McConnell.  

Who do they think the House Managers are? A bunch of 1Ls?  Hey Garrett! Take a look at these resumes and then say that again with a straight face. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/impeachment-managers.html

They also think this is too boring for Americans to pay attention. Everyone I know is paying attention.  Please, tell us what we think. We LOVE that. 

Maybe less opinions and more reporting. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No need as they were kind enough to act it out in all its glory on national tee-vee . . . ugh.

Yeah. That was disgusting...I wonder if she'll show up wearing his sweater and looking flushed and disheveled now that they're married?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Yeah. That was disgusting...I wonder if she'll show up wearing his sweater and looking flushed and disheveled now that they're married?

I think Mika's book would focus on how Joe recognized her value.

Joe picked her to be his co host after watching her mesmerizing late night broadcasts on MSNBC.

Mika's mastery of the teleprompter during her 60 second updates as a transfer between shows was inspirational.

Mika has made millions since becoming a co host of the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mika is wearing an ugly shade of purple.

Joe asked David Ignatius to compare this impeachment to Watergate and the Clinton impeachment.  David said it has been repetitious but the arguments of the House managers are powerful.

Here goes Joe again lecturing the Republicans.  He said everyone knows the president did what he is charged with but the question is whether it is impeachable.  

I don't like this line of commentary with Joe lecturing members of the Senate.  First, regardless of political position, it is not the place of a MSNBC host and House flunkie to lecture members of the Senate.  I have not seen any other news host do that.

Second, if Joe wants to have a say about anything in the Senate, he needs to run and become a member of the Senate.  But he will never do that because it is easier to sit on MSNBC and complain.

Why can't he just cover the story?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Why can't he just cover the story?

Because the backseat is just so much more comfortable.  The nerve of this Newt Gingrich disciple (until he realized he didn't want to go down with the ship) who ran for an additional term and then for a still unexplained reason quit is mind boggling.  And they renewed his contract  . . . ugh.

• Love 7