Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Uh oh, now they are both gone and Willie is manning the helm with Heidi sitting in Meeks seat (they are both off today).  It's a full, in studio table with good guests.  Should be a good show.

Landsnark it looks like Barnicle is very attached to that bathrobe jacket as he's wearing it again today.

eta:  Heidi also did a bit of hosting duties on First Look today alongside Yasmin.  She did a great job and I hope we see more of her.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I know Willie bugs some people, but I've always kind of liked him.  At least his sense of humor is dry and ironic, which I appreciate.  Just pair him up with somebody (Heidi P?) already and give him the show.  Plus "Morning Willie" makes me giggle.

A million pardons for quoting myself, but what to my wondering eyes does appear on my teevee screen this morning in place of Joey and Meeks?  Willie and Heidi!  Ask and ye shall receive.   Let's hope this is an audition.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Heidi:  You can't take out the lumpy White Out and expect to correct what the president said . . . she shoots, she scores!

Meek-a's reaction to that same news item:  Frown; head shake; pursed lips; tsk-tsk; chair swiveled to directly face Joe with her lovesick gaze as he pontificates.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Meek-a's reaction to that same news item:  Frown; head shake; pursed lips; tsk-tsk; chair swiveled to directly face Joe with her lovesick gaze as he pontificates.

And then at the end glare into the camera and demand to know where the children are/somehow throw in a reference to KYV/buy my book.

• Love 5
(edited)

Every single morning, the labored armchair pop psychology analysis of why Republicans won't speak out against Trump.

How come the word "cowards" never comes up in these tiresome discussions?

And Barnicle can STFU about baseball.   I hope he chokes on a piece of apple pie.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

Who is the weenie with the dark hair who just closed the show comparing Obama's Iran negotiations with Trump bending over for Putin in front of the world?  He's nauseating.  He's like an peripheral evil character from a Harry Potter movie.

• Love 2
Just now, Landsnark said:

Who is the weenie with the dark hair who just closed the show comparing Obama's Iran negotiations with Trump bending over for Putin in front of the world?  He's nauseating.  He's like an peripheral evil character from a Harry Potter movie.

I didn’t see it, but given the clues I’m going to guess Noah Rothman. 

• Love 3

I didn’t see it, but given the clues I’m going to guess Noah Rothman

Did he look like he just smelled something really bad?  If so, that's Noah alright

• Love 2
7 hours ago, millennium said:

Every single morning, the labored armchair pop psychology analysis of why Republicans won't speak out against Trump.

How come the word "cowards" never comes up in these tiresome discussions?

And Barnicle can STFU about baseball.   I hope he chokes on a piece of apple pie.

Thank you!  Neither the words "cowards" or "the possibility of an RNC hack" never seem to cross their lips during their exhausting analyses.

While I enjoy George Will (never thought I would be saying that), after a while it becomes exhausting as they rehash the same mess over and over again.  However, I nearly keeled over when it was suggested by one of the panel that some Republicans still hope to influence Drumpf.  That's when I knew it was time to change the channel because surely no one can be this fucking stupid on our tax dime.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

However, I nearly keeled over when it was suggested by one of the panel that some Republicans still hope to influence Drumpf.  That's when I knew it was time to change the channel because surely no one can be this fucking stupid on our tax dime.

THAT is exactly what triggered my complaint. 

Remember when Scarborough hailed Corker as a patriot for his willingness to "take on Trump?"  Here is a more realistic view of the whole mess:

Why Trump's GOP critics never go nuclear

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

If anybody cares anymore, Willie and Heidi are leading the panel with just a brief mention of the Dynamic Duo having the day off.  Good Lord they are going to have Joni Ernst on?:

Updated Thurs. guest list: Heidi Przybyla, Sam Stein, Rick Tyler, Elise Jordan, Eugene Robinson, Matthew Miller, Brian Bennett, Hallie Jackson, ctd…… Sen. Chris Murphy, Sen. Joni Ernst, Amb. Michael McFaul, Vann Newkirk, Sen. Dick Durbin, Beck Dorey-Stein, Dominic Chu, Gov. Steve Bullock and more

• Love 1
(edited)

"Why is Elise Jordan not given "credit" for working for Rand Paul?   Guess she doesn't want to publicly admit he's a wackadoodle.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4
(edited)

With Joe and Mika gone, so too is the anger and the constant outrage. The show is simply smarter with Willie, along the line of Nicolle’s show. Willie assumes his viewers have a certain level of knowledge, unlike Joe who hectors us on what we should think and then looks to his guests to agree. It’s a calmer show, which is good. 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 8

Does it seem like they are getting better guests right now? Maybe it’s just the news events , maybe it’s cuz the interrupter and bloviator isn’t on but it seems like there are more and better guests  

• Love 5

Who says wishing won't make it so?   Second day with JoMika far and away, and Willie and Heidi at the helm!  Maybe I should buy a few lottery tickets today because I feel so lucky. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Does it seem like they are getting better guests right now? Maybe it’s just the news events , maybe it’s cuz the interrupter and bloviator isn’t on but it seems like there are more and better guests  

And in addition, regular guests are better because they are engaged in real dialogue and not just waiting for Joe to stop yammering/bending the conversations/topics to his will.  It's amazing to watch the difference between an MJ appearance and when they show up on a different show.

• Love 4

Willie assumes his viewers have a certain level of knowledge, unlike Joe who hectors us on what we should think and then looks to his guests to agree. It’s a calmer show, which is good. 

AND, it's better for Oakville's blood pressure!

Joannie Ernst---there was a whole helluva lot of hog castrating going on in that segment.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, stormy said:

Guess she doesn't want to publicly admit he's a wackadoodle.

That's a great pun on both him and his hair. What do you get when you combine crazy & a poodle? A wackadoodle! 

Dick Durbin depressed me.

Can't we have a Democratic with energy and conviction show up?

Tim Ryan, Joe Kennedy III, Alexandra Ocasio Cortez, Tim Buttigieg, Beto O'Rourke, these are a few that represent the future of the Democratic Party.  Tim B is mayor of South Bend, but I expect him to enter the national stage with a run for Congress. Even an old like me is tired of these sad sack old Dems.  They all sound like Eeyore.  He may be "old" but give me Biden, too. At least he has energy and conviction. 

• Love 9

I don't need my elected officials to slide on stage with an electric guitar or dunk basketballs.  If you need to be entertained, you're the problem.
Give me a career professional who has the majority of American's best interest at heart, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, religion.  It's the best we can ask for.  If they're boring, GREAT.

• Love 11

Bummer, he's back in the bunker (no mention of Meeks).  The opening shot of the panel looked like a hostage video.  Guests du jour:

Updated Fri. guest list: John Heilemann, Donny Deutsch, Jonathan Lemire, Susan Del Percio, Katty Kay, Jonathan Swan, Patrick Ruffini, Yamiche Alcindor, Andrea Mitchell, Tim Carney, Bret Stephens, Rep. Ted Deutch, Jacob Soboroff, Sen. Mark Warner, Mike Reiss and more

• Love 1
(edited)

At the risk of engaging in Scarboroughism (the attempt to claim personal expertise by citing credentials in a field in which one was employed more than 20 years ago), I worked as an ad agency copywriter for ten years.   And Donny Deutsch is right.   "For The People" says absolutely nothing at a time when the message is "Wake up!  The house is on fire!"   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

At the risk of engaging in Scarboroughism (the attempt to claim personal expertise by citing credentials in a field in which one was employed more than 20 years ago), I worked as an ad agency copywriter for ten years.   And Donny Deutsch is right.   "For The People" says absolutely nothing at a time when the message is "Wake up!  The house is on fire!"   

Not to mention that it's the slogan of a very well-known law firm here in FL. You can't watch a TV show or listen to the radio or look at the billboards on the highway without being bombarbed by "Morgan & Morgan - For the People." 

(edited)

God Sara Sanders is looking ROUGH.  It's like every day she appears on stage .5% of her life force looks  sucked away.  I imagine she makes huge bucks and cannot give that up.  Maybe her Daddy would disown her.  But DAMN, have you seen her lately? Her complexion is grey, her uneven eyes are crazily off kilter.

This AM Donny and _____ (insert guest here) were both postulating on why Trump is doing this with Putin.  Donny says Putin has something on Trump and other guy says Trump admires authoritarian figures.  At this juncture, I don't know what to believe.  I think I'm 49% Donny and 51% for the authoritarian admiration position. All I know is if the Dems don't take back at least one chamber in Nov., I am going to emigrate to Canada and live in the hospital room Oakville is naming after his Dad.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

God Sara Sanders is looking ROUGH.  It's like every day she appears on stage .5% of her life force looks  sucked away.  I imagine she makes huge bucks and cannot give that up.  Maybe her Daddy would disown her.  But DAMN, have you seen her lately? Her complexion is grey, her uneven eyes are crazily off kilter.

This AM Donny and _____ (insert guest here) were both postulating on why Trump is doing this with Putin.  Donny says Putin has something on Trump and other guy says Trump admires authoritarian figures.  At this juncture, I don't know what to believe.  I think I'm 49% Donny and 51% for the authoritarian admiration position. All I know is if the Dems don't take back at least on chamber in Nov., I am going to emigrate to Canada and live in the hospital room Oakville is naming after his Dad.

I'm afraid it will be all identity politics and immigration as usual, in which case Democrats are doomed.   Beyond doomed even, because if they don't take back something in November, 2020 is lost.  

To be honest, 2020 already seems lost for the Democrats.   I keep hearing Bernie Sanders (old, looks like Statler or Waldorf), Elizabeth Warren (old, looks and sounds like feminist nuns of the 1970s), Joe Biden (really old, but strong at least).  Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand, et. al., (younger but uninspiring, whose names are not fresh and about whom many voters on both sides have already formed opinions that are unlikely to change).   The Democrats need a larger-than-life hero to take down a larger-than-life menace, and there are none on the horizon.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

I really like Mark Warner from Virginia.  He and the giggling governor from Montana could be potential leaders of the Democrats.   Mark Warner had about 3 uninterupted minutes speaking about the conditions Dems face and what they can do.  He finishes speaking, and Joe's response is, "Uh huh.  Ok.  Thanks Mark."  And moves on.  That was an ideal time for a discussion.  But.. no.  I doubt Joe was even listening.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't think Donny's such a branding wizard. I think he only gets to stay here because they think he has some inside scoop on trump, his family and of course his buddy Michael Cohen.

God it pains me to see Dan Coats squirming. When I watched it live, it was less uncomfortable.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Mark Warner had about 3 uninterupted minutes speaking about the conditions Dems face and what they can do.  He finishes speaking, and Joe's response is, "Uh huh.  Ok.  Thanks Mark."  And moves on.  That was an ideal time for a discussion.  But.. no.  I doubt Joe was even listening.

I wondered about this too. Joe let him speak uninterrupted for so long, while Warner was saying something substantive and interesting. I was surprised but then when Joe was like ok thx bye I wondered who was talking in Joe’s earpiece the whole time. Did Mika call in and talk dirty to him while Warner was talking? Seriously though the producers of this show aren’t great. Obviously something was happening in Joe’s earpiece, they know this. They could have instructed someone on the panel to follow up. John Heilemann here Senator, what do you think about.... 

But no, this show is such an amateur hour across the board!

• Love 7

I'm reminded this morning of how much better this show can be without either of the co-hosts on it.  Why was I NOT surprised that Joe reminded all and sundry of the Washington Post op-ed piece he wrote, demanding to basically know who and where are these people who call themselves Republicans these days.  I even took the time to read the piece and as expected, he had to make it all about himself, i.e. incessant reminders of when he won his seat in Congress and his father's observations.  Even in an op-ed piece, where he is ostensibly chiding those who have made the Republican Party into the Drumpf Cult of "Personality," he manages to make it all about himself.  That is, when he studiously ignores the fact that he and Meek-a did more than their share to make Drumpf happen.  It's all well and good to drag Drumpf because he looked weak, fat and pasty in front of a strong and robust-looking Putin.  But, again--Joe and Meek-a had to have known how unfit and grossly incompetent Drumpf would ultimately prove to be.

I was too through when yet again no one seemed to step to Joe and suggest that he NOT equate "the majority of Republicans" with the "majority of Americans" finding nothing wrong with Drumpf's shameful and treasonous blowjob to Putin on the world stage.  Quiet as it's kept, they are NOT the majority of Americans and I'm getting really pissed to the highest of pissivity that he slips that in and no one bothers to correct him.  If that was clarified, I missed it.  All it does is give the illusion that Drumpf is more powerful in voters' minds than he actually is.  Someone should also boldly point out to Joe when he goes on these "what happened to my party?!" rants that his idol, Ronald Reagan, got this party started decades ago when he excoriated the role of government in people's lives and fostered a mistrust and hate for it.  Someone should also play clips of Joe speaking about President Obama's supposed fecklessness in international affairs--something that has been a right-wing talking point for years.  The selective amnesia boggles the mind.  Will anyone dare speak up to the host when he goes on these self-aggrandizing rants?  Anyone?  Ferris?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Anyone?

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I'm getting really pissed to the highest of pissivity that he slips that in and no one bothers to correct him.  

Is that the same as pissive-aggressive?  :)

BTW, I agree with everything you said.

• Love 3

Mulllletorhater...you said everything I think about almost all the time!  

For years, during Obama's tenure, Joe and "his party" did nothing but demean and insult the President. They did it every day on MJ.  Sorry, Joe...the Republican party IS your party!  It's been turning into a majority of hate-filled, bigoted, ignorant white people since Saint Ronnie.  When they put the chart up showing 90% of the voters support Trump..."Republican" is not stressed.  Yes, we can read.  But they never really talk about these people being a minority in this country.  Joe and his panel never, ever talk about this.  Because it is much easier to talk about the previous day's presidential behavior; that takes no prep because it has usually been discussed on ALL the shows the previous evening.

As soon as Joe's Giant Head appeared this morning, my heart sank.  He's baaaack.  Why?  Why can't he take an entire week off; not the usual half-weeks, half-appearances he usually, grudgingly puts in.  But an entire week, along with Her Nibs.  I notice most of the anchors on the other shows take a week or so off.  At one time.   I love Jon Heileman; was surprised that he got to speak a bit without interruption.  He is smart, witty and does not suffer fools; everything Joe is not.  So we cannot let him answer questions or ask other newsmaker's questions.  I missed Heidi and Willie.  How about Heidi and John H?  Heidi and almost anyone except Barnicle and Donnie.    

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I was too through when yet again no one seemed to step to Joe and suggest that he NOT equate "the majority of Republicans" with the "majority of Americans" finding nothing wrong with Drumpf's shameful and treasonous blowjob to Putin on the world stage.  Quiet as it's kept, they are NOT the majority of Americans and I'm getting really pissed to the highest of pissivity that he slips that in and no one bothers to correct him.  If that was clarified, I missed it.  

I did a double take on that one too.   It wasn't clarified.   I wrote it off as a slip of the tongue, but he should really be more careful.   He looks like he hasn't been sleeping so maybe that contributes to his inaccuracy.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I did a double take on that one too.   It wasn't clarified.   I wrote it off as a slip of the tongue, but he should really be more careful.   He looks like he hasn't been sleeping so maybe that contributes to his inaccuracy.

All those wild Nantucket party nights with Scoop must be catching up to him this week.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I even took the time to read the piece and as expected, he had to make it all about himself, i

This must be what connected JoMika, their out of control egos.

Yasmin from First Look tweeting about being off soon for maternity leave

Of course Ms. Self Centered Twit Brzezinski tweeted back " Read my book "  A lovely thought to a coworker, if only she left out the self promotion. 

image.thumb.png.ffd6edb71fbc98219d41d39546fb27cd.png

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This must be what connected JoMika, their out of control egos.

Yasmin from First Look tweeting about being off soon for maternity leave

Of course Ms. Self Centered Twit Brzezinski tweeted back " Read my book "  A lovely thought to a coworker, if only she left out the self promotion. 

image.thumb.png.ffd6edb71fbc98219d41d39546fb27cd.png

She forgot to add "Of course, I'll probably be out that day, but I'll be watching!"

• Love 6