Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe cited a quote by Obama about destroying North Korea in defense of The Fuhrer's speech yesterday - the same one Sarah Huckabee used. Both Joe and Hucks are using it out of context (Mediaite.com did a great analysis yesterday.)

Chertoff is such a Republican hack. When Mika was asking about global change he started to respond, "Well I'm no expert...." which is EXACTLY how the Koch-funded think tanks instruct the GOP lawmakers to respond ("I'm no expert", "I'm not a scientist...."). And when Mika pressed him, his response is we should look to Holland as to how they deal with living below sea level.  Oh good lord.

The show was at its finest when they hammered that Cassidy ghoul on his crummy health plan. He resorted to his Ca memorized lines. Seriously, "nobody likes change, even from worse to better"?  Patently false! I love it when things get better.

• Love 2

I know the Democratic Party needs to look to the future rather than the past and Kerry probably doesn't want to go through that hell again, but Joe asked what I was thinking as Kerry was talking that he's younger than the last batch of candidates and could there be a Kerry run in 2020.  Even Willie cocked his head inquiring and was like 'That doesn't sound like a no' when Kerry chuckled and deflected.

Everytime I see Madeleine Albright, I insert 'Battlin' in her name because The Simpson's has corrupted me. And it's a boss nickname.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Isn't Christie auditioning for a job with msnbc? Mika & Joe are trying to make him look credible. He does have friend of the show status.

Are you shitting me?  What the fuck is wrong with Andy Lack?  So Greta Van Susteren, Megyn Kelly and that ghoul Hugh Hewitt tanking isn't enough of a signal that viewers aren't interested in this brand of bullshit? Even Heileman couldn't keep that mess he was on with Halperin from going down the toilet. 

Steve Schmidt & Nicole Wallace, Rick Wilson all have it covered as far as legitimate, smart conservative policy talk. You have Joey Rocknroll here for conservative bloviating. Stop trying to fix what's not broken. 

• Love 11

Everytime I see Madeleine Albright, I insert 'Battlin' in her name because The Simpson's has corrupted me. And it's a boss nickname.

Funny, coz every time I see her I ask myself who's covering for her under her bridge. That, and I remember her enthusiastically waving and clapping at a parade while on a trip to North Korea. A Georgetown doyenne who should have stayed in her lane.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Are you shitting me?  What the fuck is wrong with Andy Lack?  So Greta Van Susteren, Megyn Kelly and that ghoul Hugh Hewitt tanking isn't enough of a signal that viewers aren't interested in this brand of bullshit? Even Heileman couldn't keep that mess he was on with Halperin from going down the toilet. 

Steve Schmidt & Nicole Wallace, Rick Wilson all have it covered as far as legitimate, smart conservative policy talk. You have Joey Rocknroll here for conservative bloviating. Stop trying to fix what's not broken. 

I don't support MSNBC hiring Christie as a contributor. I think that Trump will probably give him a job as Ambassador .

Wouldn't Rachel Maddow veto any job offer to Christie?

I found it hilarious that Mika started promoting another EP album release by Joe.

Its tacky.

I love the nickname Joey RockandRoll Man.

Wallace & Schmidt have cornered the Never Trump market.

Today's show was fucking weirder than usual.  Joe apparently decided at some point yesterday to side against standard perceptions and claimed that Trump's speech was reasonable and normal.  Bullshit like that normalizes Trump's moronic demeanor and total lack of thought.  He came to that conclusion because Twitter's reaction made him mad, and, he said, if you read the speech and take out the hyperbole, what Trump essentially said is ordinary pro-American stuff.  See, what he glosses over is that you have to ignore much of what Trump actually said with his real words, and infer context between the lines and broadly compare that context structure to previous speeches.  Cuz... Twitter can't be right.  Ignatius agreed, and Barnicle interrupted both Andrea Mitchell and Mika to tell them they were wrong about the context of Trump's speech, that any negative response is an over-reaction.
And the final segment was some evil douche Republican explaining something about how health care policy must remain in the hands of states and individuals and when asked if pre-existing conditions would be covered he got angry and ranted a word salad of how Obama is bad.
I've never understood what options the individual loses if health care is more available?  It only means the option to not participate, right?  Like the car insurance individual option?

• Love 8

evil douche Republican

HEE!!

Oakville, did you record your recap lying on a hospital bed in a gown and shower cap thingie? Devotion to the cause. I will be away next week away from the Land of Morning Joe.

I've never understood what options the individual loses if health care is more available?

I believe it's  Conservative thought that health care is not a right but a privilege that you must earn

21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wouldn't Rachel Maddow veto any job offer to Christie?

Rachel probably (JMO) doesn't have power over who MSNBC hires. Otherwise I'm sure Joe Scarborough would not be employed at MSNBC. 

Joe apparently decided at some point yesterday to side against standard perceptions and claimed that Trump's speech was reasonable and normal.  Bullshit like that normalizes Trump's moronic demeanor and total lack of thought. 

Yeah I think Joe is dipping his toe in the "Trump is being presidential" water again.  I was wondering if he saw John Negroponte, US UN Ambassador during Bush 41  on BriWi last night. He said Trump was measured, and got applause on "America First" (cos all countries think they're first) and that he's new and inexperienced so give him a chance BS.  He worked for Poppy Bush,  so he must be reasonable in Joe's mind. I bet he saw him & thought "uh oh everybody thinks Trump did a good job, I better switch teams again". Which is ridiculous.

That speech was for Trump's base, he could have made it from an rally in Birmingham or Des Moines.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe is wrapping his arms around the leader of the free world's speech. He invoked Harry Truman's name more then once!  He's nine months in and he finally gets the job!

Nevermind that he sounds like a crazy man using the name "Rocket Man" in front of the world. He's so clever.

Exactly. I wanted to punch a hole in my TV when Joe and Ignacious praised Trump for the UN speech. Thank goodness Andrea Mitchell stepped in and made sense.  I'm sure Stephen Miller wrote that garbage and Trump read over it once before he robotically read it from the teleprompter. Just because he  gave credit to the Marshall Plan and said a few other sane things, we're supposed to ignore the other crap he spewed?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I believe it's  Conservative thought that health care is not a right but a privilege that you must earn

Pretty much.

Though they know it generally means more taxes collected, even if with something like single payer, people would be paying taxes instead of health insurance premiums.

But they don't want bigger govt. or higher taxes hurting their main benefactors, people like the Koch brothers or the Mercers.

Now Joe seems to have been against most of the GOP repeal and replace efforts, because of the adverse impact all of them would have on coverage, as shown by CBO numbers.

But if he's still a conservative, he'd generally favor these plans, since they all cut taxes for the rich.

• Love 2

The only part of the show I saw today was some of the bit with Cassidy.  I wanted to throw something at him when he said how Republicans want to put health care back in the hands of the individual and not the government - yeah right - as long as that individual isn't a woman!!!!

I did like that the panel then talked about how what Cassidy was saying wasn't right, etc. - although they didn't bring up anything about women's health.  Too bad their reaction was too brief it would have been better to discuss what is wrong with the new Republican plan.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Negroponte made me sick.

You, me and probably BriWi. The look on his face was like "are you fucking kidding me?"  Maybe staff didn't do a pre interview and find out Negroponte was still a PoS. 

Exactly. I wanted to punch a hole in my TV when Joe and Ignacious praised Trump for the UN speech. Thank goodness Andrea Mitchell stepped in and made sense.  I'm sure Stephen Miller wrote that garbage and Trump read over it once before he robotically read it from the teleprompter. Just because he  gave credit to the Marshall Plan and said a few other sane things, we're supposed to ignore the other crap he spewed

Just like clockwork, Joe & his fellow dip shits are all "hey Trump knows what the Marshall Plan is!! He's Presidential!!!   If that's the standard, then most high school juniors who took US History are too. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

And the final segment was some evil douche Republican explaining something about how health care policy must remain in the hands of states

That was Cassidy from Louisiana, the co sponsor of the bill.   He & his girlfriend Lindsay Graham have taken this evil insanity to a whole new level. 
Maybe they're pissed about Confederate statues being taken down and got a little carried away with the mint juleps when they wrote that travesty.

It makes the repeal/replace from this summer look like "Free Health Insurance & Puppies for EVERYONE!!" 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!!

Oakville, did you record your recap lying on a hospital bed in a gown and shower cap thingie? Devotion to the cause. I will be away next week away from the Land of Morning Joe.

Ha! No, my surgery is on Friday Morning. I hope to be back doing recaps by next week.

• Love 2

I was just listening to NPR and they had someone commenting on the UN speeches, re Iran's leader being moderate. Whoever this person was sounded JUST LIKE Mika's dad!!  For a minute I thought it was him. 

Can you imagine what he would say to Joe after today's show?!   Joe, I've changed my mind. You aren't just stunningly superficial. You're an ill informed moron. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, oakville said:

It was a big deal back in 2008 when Russert showed up on Morning Joe.

Isn't Christie auditioning for a job with msnbc? Mika & Joe are trying to make him look credible. He does have friend of the show status.

Words fail me about how much I miss Tim Russert . . . I can still remember the exact moment when I learned of his passing.   These people aren't qualified to shine his shoes let alone do what could be qualified as journalism.

• Love 3

Ugh, Cassidy. Hey, I have access to  Lexus (I drive by their dealership most days). Too bad it's not affordable. I am so sick of this argument and I've never been on ACA and on Medicare and a supplemental now. Healthcare is a right and not a privilege. Most other countries have affordable healthcare - why can't we?

I saw CNN's interview right before MJ's....so much better! Good grief, Mika petered out asking her first weak question to Cassidy.

• Love 4

This morning I wanted desperately to punch Halperin through my TV when he mouthed the usual republican bullshit about Obama ramming through healthcare and lying about what was in the bill.

Even Joe felt compelled to correct him.

Joe called Cassidy a liar. Wish he'd done that yesterday when the evil douche (TM someone) was on the show.

• Love 6

Thursday Recap. Mika is wearing a black sleeveless top. Joe is wearing a navy sweater. Joe hates the GOP healthcare bill.

Everyone is upset that the plan does not meet the Jimmy Kimmel Test.

Mika is mad at Trump for making fun of her bleeding facelift. Mika & Joe were talking over each other.

Joe made fun of Trump talking about new Africa countries.

Kasie! was discussing healthcare. There is pressure on the GOP to support this bill. Donors are mad at people getting healthcare.

Joe mocked Manafort for taking money from Russia Oligarchs.

Joe said Mccain won't vote for this deal.

• Love 1

They showed poll results with Trump's approval up to 43%. Joe said he was right that Trump's approval would go up if he worked with Democrats. Joe is mad at Ann Coulter & Steve King.

Joe said he was right about many things.

• Love 1

Dear God, this "Health Care" debate makes me horribly, horribly, horribly furious and irate!  Just once I wish one of these "TV Journalists" would ask one of these lying, smug, privileged, holier-than-thou politicians a simple question....  "What is so terrible about giving everyone affordable health care" ... ASK THEM!  And don't put up with the platitudes of "letting the states take care of it" or whatever nonsense and talking points they reply with.  I am SO over these politicians coming on and spewing this kind of garbage.  And no one responding with that easy question.  

Watching Mike Pence (may he also rot in the hell he wishes on everyone not like him) on CBS This Morning today has sent me over the edge.  What the F is the matter with Charlie Rose, Nora and Gayle?  Why can't they ask a simple question?  Simple.  Ask Pence who his health provider is.  Ask how much he pays for it.  Ask if his wife is on his plan.  Ask what percentage of his income is spent on health insurance.  Why Does No One Get This?  These people have (I guess) gone to college and majored (I guess) in Journalism or Communications.  Why can't they ask decent questions.  The last couple of interviews I have seen Charlie Rose doing have been epic failures.  What was the one last week?  Can't remember.   Wait, it was Steve Bannon and not asking who finances his Fake News site. He was mildly criticized for not asking  the pertinent questions.   I guess it makes everything right if you lean forward, furrow your brow and talk in a reasoned tone.  And I am one who usually loves Charlie Rose.  

I may go over the the CBS This Morning thread and comment on the interview with Pence.  I hate getting my day started like this.  I think even Joe S could do a better interview.  He usually isn't afraid of offending people.  Of course, it depends on what day it is and what direction he decides to lean.

Still mad.

• Love 7

evil douche (TM someone)

Nope, "Evil Douche Republican." Landsnark and Trademark law requires an exact recitation.

I couldn't watch/listen this AM.  Did they spend much time on the Jimmy Kimmel speech and break down who was wrong, Kimmel or the EDR?

Oakville, good luck.  Can you adopt me so I can get some FREE CANADIAN SURGERY, instead of paying my $4,000 deductible? ( Not Obamacare--it's my fault, this year I chose some farkakt high deductible plan starting on 7-1 and regretted it on 7-2.)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

What a mess of a show this morning.   Smug Mika talks over everyone and thinks her little asides are cute.  Ugh.  When she's full of herself she's difficult to like.
Those nasty men and their healthcare scheme made me furious.  It's lying yoga.  It's all about contorting and lying and avoiding.  Shitkram Yoga.  They are shameless and vile. 
"Obamacare failed."  Oh yeah, genius?  Why is that?  Because you blocked the best parts of it from succeeding, hmm?  Maybe?  Makes my blood fucking boil.

FWIW, Stephanie Ruhl suddenly cracking and bawling as she described the school in Mexico City with the little girl trapped broke my heart. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Nope, "Evil Douche Republican." Landsnark and Trademark law requires an exact recitation.

I couldn't watch/listen this AM.  Did they spend much time on the Jimmy Kimmel speech and break down who was wrong, Kimmel or the EDR?

Oakville, good luck.  Can you adopt me so I can get some FREE CANADIAN SURGERY, instead of paying my $4,000 deductible? ( Not Obamacare--it's my fault, this year I chose some farkakt high deductible plan starting on 7-1 and regretted it on 7-2.)

Thanks. ! They did discuss the Kimmell test. !

The surgery is free but I have to pay for parking.:))

I should be ok by Monday.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

FWIW, Stephanie Ruhl suddenly cracking and bawling as she described the school in Mexico City with the little girl trapped broke my heart. 

Mine too.

Between the hurricanes, the earthquake, the healthcare mess, the pure evil going on all around us--I feel like we're all on the verge of a Stephanie Ruhl moment. I am honestly just exhausted from all the stress and feel completely beaten down and defeated.

Ron Johnson is a horrible human being (if he is indeed human). Even the panel was disgusted with him. Mika was muttering during his filibuster, Barnicle was spitting nails when he finally got his question in, and even the unflappable Willie could barely contain his fury.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What a mess of a show this morning.   Smug Mika talks over everyone and thinks her little asides are cute.  Ugh.  When she's full of herself she's difficult to like.
Those nasty men and their healthcare scheme made me furious.  It's lying yoga.  It's all about contorting and lying and avoiding.  Shitkram Yoga.  They are shameless and vile. 
"Obamacare failed."  Oh yeah, genius?  Why is that?  Because you blocked the best parts of it from succeeding, hmm?  Maybe?  Makes my blood fucking boil.

Mika was insufferable this morning.  Even when a decent conversation is in progress, she constantly mumbles and then decides MUST READ NEWS HEADLINES, no matter who is talking.  

• Love 6

Ron Johnson is a horrible human being (if he is indeed human). Even the panel was disgusted with him. Mika was muttering during his filibuster, Barnicle was spitting nails when he finally got his question in, and even the unflappable Willie could barely contain his fury.

I'm sorry I missed that.  

ETA: And now I'm sorry I watched it.  This is the GOP plan, keep talking, spinning, bullshitting, until the questioner gets tired and gives up.   They're basically just running out the clock hoping everyone gets exhausted and confused. 

Maybe someone should explain to these assholes that even under the ACA, insurance companies have seen record profits.  Which they continue to see by pulling out of markets. 

https://www.healthinsurance.org/blog/2016/08/25/cry-me-a-river-aetna/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

Mika and Joe on The View this morning and they talked about being together all day long and kept smiling at each other like lovers do. lol

They also talked about Trump and Mika was pretty candid on how she felt when he attacked her. Joy called Trump "nuts" and Joe thanked her for saying that. 

Joe and his band sang at the end but I am not a fan.

• Love 1

Be nice if instead of having assholes like Johnson on, they'd interview someone like Laura Packard, a woman with Stage 4 cancer. She was tweeting at Trump all weekend and he blocked her.  Show these assholes the people who will be affected by their evil, instead of letting them spew bullshit for ten minutes. 

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/910918805257306112

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

I live just outside DC and I go to the Capitol Hill area a lot (I don't work there) but if I ever happen to see Ron Johnson walking out of the Senate office building I will have to restrain myself from running up and punching him dead in his throat.  I know I wouldn't actually do it because I don't want to be shot dead by the Capitol Hill police, but I certainly would dream about it.  He is a turd.

• Love 3

I swear to God that Mika said that one of the speakers at the new "Know Your Worth" event will be "Bobby Brown." I'm like WTF???  then I thought she meant "Brene Brown." When I started this post I finally realized she meant Bobbi Brown the cosmetics queen.

Oy Vey on the Trump vs Kim Jong Ung "Who Has the Smallest Hands" pissing match.  How can our laws allow a President to do this??? This is insanity.  STOP THE INSANITY.  Soon, Trump will call KJU "fat" then God help us all.

Bernie Bernie does it have to be now?  Jesus Christ, there is so much on the show this AM and we are lost w/o Oakville, gently slumbering on his surgical bed, calm in the knowledge that he is not an American......

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I swear to God that Mika said that one of the speakers at the new "Know Your Worth" event will be "Bobby Brown." I'm like WTF???  then I thought she meant "Brene Brown." When I started this post I finally realized she meant Bobbi Brown the cosmetics queen.

She's also having Traci Anderson, who in Indianapolis and surrounding area is known as The Work Out Scam Queen Who Left Indiana Because She Had Run Out of People to Rip Off, with Bill Collectors  Former Partners and Clients Hounding Her.  Know Your Worth? How About Know Who the Fuck You're Associating With?  FFS Even Madonna figured out she was full of shit. 

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/longform/getting-ripped-tracy-anderson/

And yes that's a mug shot in that photo accompanying the article. 

48 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Bernie Bernie does it have to be now?

I know right?It's all about Him imo He's not helping.Like the John Heilemann said why can't He wait till after the 30th to have a debate..

Edited by Stoned
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

calm in the knowledge that he is not an American...

ha.  made me laugh.
What does "Bernie Bernie" mean?  I missed the show.  Well, W&C, I wouldn't say I missed it.  ba dum dum

I wonder if this stupid "Know Your Worth" tour will have an honest discussion about how women did not elect Hillary Clinton and instead opted for the dotard.   Even if those women thought Hillary shouldn't have used her husband's email server, like John Kerry WAS DOING DURING THE PERIOD OF THE FBI'S INVESTIGATION OF HILLARY, and also like most other heads of government bureaus did because of no cogent workable policy, even if they thought that was... somehow meaningful in some regard, why did they not elect a woman?  This fucking panel is about the empowerment of women, and what women can do to lift themselves and others.   Electing Trump may have been a short term boost to some executive's professional track and a boost to their purse, but it knocked their daughters down a rung.  A female POTUS is not a thing.  It's not normal.   42% of all women and 62% of uneducated women voted for the dotard.  An open misogynist who views women as objects.  But emails, right?

• Love 4

ha.  made me laugh.
What does "Bernie Bernie" mean?  I missed the show.  Well, W&C, I wouldn't say I missed it.  ba dum dum

Landsnark, Bernie is holding some sort of debate or such highlighting how he's gunning for single payor.  And every Pundit Know To Man is saying that this is God's Gift to Republicans, because now they can say that they're latest Evil HC Bill is the last bastion against the Evil That Single Payor Will Be (I like caps)

Oh, and don't forget to tip your waiter, Landsnark

Edited by WhineandCheez

The problem with Clint Hill's analysis of the effect of Russian "bots" on this election is that it is based somewhat on the premise that no person would have independently come up with unfavorable opinions about Mrs. Clinton if not influenced by the evil Russians. Which is just not true. For example, Hill classified the "Bernie was screwed by the DNC" theme as a Russian psy-op. In fact, on this very show Mika was complaining about it months before the Convention, and when the DNC hacked emails were released, there were some where Wasserman-Schultz was complaining to MSNBC about Mika saying it. I know Mika looks like a Bond villainess, but she's hardly a Russian bot.

• Love 3

I cringed and agreed when they launched into the “Why now Bernie, really?” conversation because yes, WHY NOW! 

I think this just pulls the curtain slightly back from the “myth” that Bernie is not the typical self-centered politician out for their personal agenda ahead of what’s best for the country. He is.   Yes, the debate is necessary and a good thing but the timing is way off.  If you think that the new healthcare proposal would hurt average Americans and is the horrible plan that it is let it die on its own.  Instead of pushing single payer focus on the negatives of the republican plan and how it’s not in the best interest of average Americans.  The republicans without any assistance will battle within itself to get the party support it needs to pass.  The only thing you are doing is giving them a partisan target to rally behind and come together.   I’m afraid if this plan passes it will be because yet again a third party candidate inserted itself in the process and disrupted things. 

• Love 6

Too much Bernie bashing this morning. Schumer needs to have a backbone. He could reign in Bernie if he wants to. Which makes me think he doesn't want to. The republicans will screw themselves with or without Bernie's rambling.

Once they screw millions of Americans.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The problem with Clint Hill's analysis of the effect of Russian "bots" on this election is that it is based somewhat on the premise that no person would have independently come up with unfavorable opinions about Mrs. Clinton if not influenced by the evil Russians. Which is just not true. For example, Hill classified the "Bernie was screwed by the DNC" theme as a Russian psy-op. In fact, on this very show Mika was complaining about it months before the Convention, and when the DNC hacked emails were released, there were some where Wasserman-Schultz was complaining to MSNBC about Mika saying it. I know Mika looks like a Bond villainess, but she's hardly a Russian bot.

They may not have originated these opinions but they amplified it, flooded social media with it.

And the question is whether the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians to spread these ideas, keep them alive, amplify them.

• Love 6

Too much Bernie bashing this morning. Schumer needs to have a backbone. He could reign in Bernie if he wants to. Which makes me think he doesn't want to. The republicans will screw themselves with or without Bernie's rambling.

Once they screw millions of Americans.

Oh yeah the hand-wringing this am was too much. First off, I may have missed it but they didn't mention that Amy Klobuchar will be participating with Bernie as well; they spun it as The Bernie Show. Moreover all the angst they expressed was based on an underestimation of the intelligence of the American voter - that the voters will say, "I'm nervous about Medicare for All, so therefore I think the Graham-Cassidy bill is the way to go and I hope it passes next week." A false choice, and moreover one that underestimates the popularity of Medicare for All. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Oh yeah the hand-wringing this am was too much. First off, I may have missed it but they didn't mention that Amy Klobuchar will be participating with Bernie as well; they spun it as The Bernie Show. Moreover all the angst they expressed was based on an underestimation of the intelligence of the American voter - that the voters will say, "I'm nervous about Medicare for All, so therefore I think the Graham-Cassidy bill is the way to go and I hope it passes next week." A false choice, and moreover one that underestimates the popularity of Medicare for All. 

I agree, and they were frantic about Bernie and his horrible mistake, so they went on and on about it. I tape this show since I am on pacific time, so I thankfully was able to fast forward through most of their second round repeating themselves and being so ecstatic about the subject.  They were like dogs on a tasty bone.