Type keyword(s) to search

Defiance in the Media

Looks like Linda Hamilton will be recurring in season 2 as Pilar, Rafe's estranged wife.

So, that means that Mayor Nikki wasn't lying and Pilar was in an asylum all those years or this Pilar is just another doppelganger that was preprogramed, by the Votan, to kill someone?

This is trivial but it made me chuckle. One of the new characters this season is played by actor James Murray who has gone by that name forever. Primeval, anyone? So to keep from confusing us poor humans who were going to be faced with a James and a Jaime Murray he's calling himself Jim Murray. Another Brit, by the way.

• Love 3
(edited)

Since there's no Stahma topic, I thought I'd post this Jaime Murray interview here: http://www.rxrmagazine.com/2014/06/defiance-season-2-interview-with-jaime.html

Looks like someone tried to color-correct her skin tone back to human in the image they're using; google image search finds other versions that are the expected monochrome.

There's an old story from the Star Trek days that the first makeup tests for Spock were disappointing because the skin tone didn't seem to be registering on film, until they discovered the photo processor was trying to "fix" the color imbalance.

Ooh, and she read TWoP: "For example; there’s a blog that is written about TV shows and it’s called TV Without Pity and it’s so amazing and detailed."

Edited by Jamoche

Looks like someone tried to color-correct her skin tone back to human in the image they're using; google image search finds other versions that are the expected monochrome.

True, but they did a terrific job. Of course it helps that she's so beautiful to begin with.

There's an old story from the Star Trek days that the first makeup tests for Spock were disappointing because the skin tone didn't seem to be registering on film, until they discovered the photo processor was trying to "fix" the color imbalance.

Hah!

Ooh, and she read TWoP: "For example; there’s a blog that is written about TV shows and it’s called TV Without Pity and it’s so amazing and detailed."

That makes me a little happy and a lot sad, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting all of these tidbits, @Jamoche!

• Love 1

Great promo, thanks for posting. The promo reveals a lot about what is coming in the rest of the season. It looks like we are heading to a cliffhanger. I just hope that Defiance gets a third season. Its ratings are down this season.

• Love 1

I just hope that Defiance gets a third season. Its ratings are down this season.

Jay-zuss! What do people want? More frakking vampires and zombies? More stupid end-times mythology? This show was good last season and it's only gotten better this season. Almost every reviewer has had very positive things to say about Defiance.

Syfy, of course, put all its energies into promoting that crap Dominion. Ha! Last I looked, Dominion's ratings had sunk below Defiance, the reverse of their positions a month ago.

• Love 1

Jay-zuss! What do people want? More frakking vampires and zombies? More stupid end-times mythology? This show was good last season and it's only gotten better this season. Almost every reviewer has had very positive things to say about Defiance.

Syfy, of course, put all its energies into promoting that crap Dominion. Ha! Last I looked, Dominion's ratings had sunk below Defiance, the reverse of their positions a month ago.

I really don't know what the ratings are for both shows but SyFy did put a lot of money into investing both shows. So, maybe both will hang around, at least for 3 seasons. 

Any news about Defiance for Season 3? I hope they renew. Season 2 was outstanding.

Finally got an answer: renewed for another 13 episodes.  Took them long enough, but I'm glad it's happening.  Can't wait for the Datak/Stahma/Rafe road-trip!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 8

So, I`m not sure if they is the right place to put this, but here I go! I really want to catch up with the show before season 3 starts, because I heard a lot of good things about season 2, and I always thought the premise sounded interesting. I found a TV.line article from last year, advising which episodes to watch in the first season, and which ones to skip. Does anyone know anything like that for season 2? I want to watch the whole thing, I just don't think I have the time! Or, does anyone have any advice on what episodes to watch so I can understand what`s all going on, then I can re-watch the whole thing later.

Thanks!!!

So, I`m not sure if they is the right place to put this, but here I go! I really want to catch up with the show before season 3 starts, because I heard a lot of good things about season 2, and I always thought the premise sounded interesting. I found a TV.line article from last year, advising which episodes to watch in the first season, and which ones to skip. Does anyone know anything like that for season 2? I want to watch the whole thing, I just don't think I have the time! Or, does anyone have any advice on what episodes to watch so I can understand what`s all going on, then I can re-watch the whole thing later.

Thanks!!!

Hey @tennisgurl. I don't know of an official list of season 2 episodes to watch but I just did a rewatch so I may be able to help narrow some down. 

2x01 The Opposite of Hallelujah

2x02 In My Secret Life 

2x07 If You Could See Her Through My Eyes

2x09 Painted from Memory

2x11 Doll Parts

2x13 I Almost Prayed

I think these episodes are a good mix to prepare you for season 3. The board is kind of dead right now, LOL so I don't know if anyone else has any other suggestions to add to the list.

If you have a fave character that you want to see I could probably recommend some add'l episodes just for him/her. 

Good luck and happy watching!!!

• Love 2

Hey Makenna! Thanks so much for the help! Hopefully the boards come alive again when the new season starts, I know when I catch up, I`ll want to talk show! So far, I`ve watched the pilot, plus a few recommended season 1 episodes, which I enjoyed the hell out of. I`m hoping to get more done this weekend when I have some spare time, then I`ll be able to watch the season two episodes you recommended after that! I`m currently rushing through this and The Fosters, its become a mad rush to get to premier day! I`ll let you know more of how I feel as I watch the show, and what characters I`m liking, if your interested! I would love all the episode help I can get.

Thanks again! The watch begins anew! I`m excited!

• Love 1

Not sure if it means anything, but Defiance wasn't renewed yet with Dark Matter & Killjoys.  Again though, there might be other factors that have to be taken into account.  I hope we get word soon.

I hope it's a case of "other factors." Otherwise, it seems ominous not to announce the SyFy Friday lineup is staying intact. Why does every series I like get cancelled?

Not sure if it means anything, but Defiance wasn't renewed yet with Dark Matter & Killjoys.  Again though, there might be other factors that have to be taken into account.  I hope we get word soon.

I'll be honest, the way the season finale went, I wondered if it was actually a series finale. I came here to see if I could find out.

Defiance was a week behind Killjoys & Dark Matter as a finale Date though too. It might be Skiffy is just waiting for all the dvr numbers to come in before making a decision.

Actually, it was a week behind just Killjoys: Dark Matter's two part season finale was on after Defiance's last Friday.

I suspect it has to do more with it being the third season, possibly going into the fourth; show costs go up every year, so I think they're trying to figure a way to make it less expensive. Both the other shows just wrapped their first seasons, so they're less expensive renewals. Just my theory.

• Love 2

For a while it seemed as if the show might be about moving into a different world, uniting despite disparities in race and culture. The fact that it was a partly transformed Earth and alien races and cultures added some nice exoiticism. Then it turned into something about Goddess Irisa and Supreme BAMF Nolan spliced in with the eternal misadventures of Datak and Stahma (but not Alak,) And Julie Benz was there fore some reason. The comedy stylings of Doc Y were funny but that's doesn't require a whole TV show. She should come back on SNL. I quit  watching this about two episodes in this last season after tolerating the second season and never looked back. But I do wish they had done the alien/human unity story.

Edited by sjohnson

I don't think I have been this sad about a cancellation in awhile.

I was bummed when Alphas was cancelled.  Both that and Defiance were shows I didn't expect to like as much as I did, with characters I enjoyed more than I expected.  Oh well, Nolan and Yewll will travel and everyone else will rebuild. 

• Love 1

I was bummed when Alphas was cancelled.  Both that and Defiance were shows I didn't expect to like as much as I did, with characters I enjoyed more than I expected.  Oh well, Nolan and Yewll will travel and everyone else will rebuild. 

Oh, man, Alphas. That show was SOOOO good. I own it all on iTunes.

I just got into Defiance this last season, so at least I can go back and watch the first two seasons...

• Love 1