Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

He does have some weirdo photoshoots, but he's done a few with casts from shows (like izombie) that are interesting and tasteful.  I would like to hope he would consider his audience.  I'd also like to believe Colin would pump the breaks on anything to bizarre.

• Love 2

Oh, I get all that. I just wonder if some of these people understand the kind of photos he actually takes. There were some cast photos from a shoot he did with Revenge that were very WTFery for me. Although yes, I do think Colin may be on the more conservative side so it may not be so bad. I just wonder if some of the fangirls think this out.

• Love 1

He's not my fave choice for a photographer by any stretch, but I think I'll take about any Jen/Colin photoshoot I can get.

The SQ BA's have definitely found it now. Some truly ugly posts.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I remember reading about those controversial domestic violence photos in the news, but didn't connect them with this guy. Imagine if he goes for a similar theme for this photoshoot. However, I cant imagine JMO agreeing to anything of the kind. So, if this photoshoot happens, hopefully it will be tasteful. 

• Love 4

Aww, that was cute! I guess if the baby is due in spring, that'll be perfect timing for the show's summer hiatus and she won't have to miss a lot of early Season 6. (Also, can the writers allow Ginny to bring that kind of enthusiasm back to Snow's character?)

I wonder if there's also a second kid factor. She didn't lose all the weight from Oliver so it's easier to hide the weight gain when you aren't back to your previous skinny self. Not that it happened to me when I was pregnant with my second or anything.... Of course, there's also the issue that the costume dept., while totally talented, doesn't know how to dress Ginny post-pregnancy. She doesn't have to be dowdy in every single shot!

She doesn't have to be dowdy in every single shot!

But she's been dowdy since they allowed her to wear that red number for the party after they got back from the EF in season 2. It's been downhill since then. And I get that Mary Margaret is supposed to be on the "conservative" side, which I don't even know who came up with that idea in the first place, but seriously, between the tops, and the pants they stick her in.

Ginny though, watching that interview was a delight. She's such a happy person, and maybe they should try and infuse a bit of that charm into her character.

What inspires you to tweet about a show you’re watching? How often would you say you watch live so that you can participate in the conversation on Twitter?

Why do they care so much about the Twitter reactions?! They're literally...

900x900px-LL-179e4ba3_parks-and-recreati

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I pity the poor random Yahoo staffers who will be going through the answers to pass onto A&E.

Why do they care so much about the Twitter reactions?!

Maybe they're trying to see how much Twitter reflects general reaction.

Edited by Souris

Twitter is another measurement to gauge audience engagement, particularly among the coveted 18-49 demographic. More and more people in that demographic are cutting the cable and watching the show in other ways. Plus, Nielsens are an outdated way to measure viewership, but it's still the best way the industry has right now. Nielsen is now measuring things like the most tweeted shows, so you may be watching the show live and Twitter is a good way to measure active engagement and get instant audience reaction. That's why they always push hashtags like #DarkSwan or #SaveHook as well as the #OUAT tag to see who is watching and engaged. They're specifically asking if you watch the show live to be a part of the "live experience" as opposed to watching the show on DVR, streaming or OnDemand later on. Watching later doesn't help them with ad dollars so they're trying to say, "We have xxx live audience from Nielsen, but we also have xxx audience that is live-tweeting but may not be picked up by Nielsen's traditional ratings."

It's definitely not something like, "Why do you like sending us your Swan Queen hate?" or something like that.

The problem is the traditional Nielsens aren't very worthwhile anymore. It's a numbers game, but it's not so much the quality as much as it is the quantity. How many people are tweeting and how many tweets they produce says alot about how engaged they are. And the people who are tweeting are part of the coveted young audience that also has trashed cable for other types of media.

So one of A&E's questions they are dying to ask is, which villain do we want to see return the most?  How about none of them?  What about what HEROES we want to see return the most?

Honestly, put that in your reply. I know I am.

I think maybe they're hoping that Tweeting/live Tweeting might drive up the ratings, since that's an incentive to watch live rather than DVRing, watching on demand or online. If someone who's in a ratings household wants to be able to Tweet about the episodes as they air or read Tweets, then they're more likely to watch live instead of delaying. And meanwhile if someone is reading Twitter instead of watching live, maybe they'll be intrigued enough to turn on the TV instead of waiting.

I think for "villain to see return" I'll say Ursula, since she was introduced as a villain, even though she's turned herself around.

I want Walsh back. All of Emma's exes have reason to hate Zelena, so have them band together to shut her up once and for all. If we need a villain, bring back the hot ex-boyfriend. Also, Emma needs to know he was the Wizard of Oz.

Twitter is a festering cesspool of hate. If anything, I'd say that the Once stuff on Twitter is generally something that would turn me off the show rather than the other way around. Though I do kind of want to reply and tell them that the Once online (non-Twitter) community is the only reason I've stuck with this show because the dreck that came out in 4B would have caused me to quit if I wouldn't miss the discussion.

ETA: I'm wondering if some of these questions aren't just there so they can pat themselves on the back. Some poor intern will have to read the responses and categorize them. Since they are going to the Underworld and bringing back pretty much all of their dead villains, they can just applaud themselves for giving everyone what they wanted.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Twitter is a festering cesspool of hate.

It really is too bad that the Once Twitter fandom is such a mess. I live Tweet sometimes, on certain shows, and it can be a lot of fun, interacting with other fans and actors and behind the scenes people (I live Tweet Crazy Ex Girlfriend every week, and several of the actors/behind the scenes people have liked, re-tweeted, and commented positively on my Tweets, which I`ll admit feels pretty cool) or snarking when things get silly, but Once Twitter fandom is just nasty and angry. Really, I tend to Twitter fandom from Once. I stick to here, and some parts of Tumblr. Its safer for my mental health that way. 

The difference between the CEG (which I love) and Once fandom is simple. The CEG Twitter has less than 9000 followers. Once has more than 1 million. When you have that many people, it's just statistically impossible for wank not to arise.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if some of these questions aren't just there so they can pat themselves on the back. Some poor intern will have to read the responses and categorize them.

Oh, it's totally a marketing gimmick. This is just a way to make it seem like the fans feel special and like they have a connection to the creators, but the interns are going to cherry-pick certain generic talking points that will conveniently line up with the 100th episode. I suspect a lot of questions about

Regina's past as the Evil Queen, Cora, Pan, and Cruella

will be discussed leading up to the big premiere.

With that being said, I'm a sucker and still wrote a very long, detailed email to the folks at Yahoo. Sorry, intern.

• Love 3

Ginnifer needs to hire her stylist for Snow White/Mary Margaret.

Her stylist is Ilaria Urbinati, one of the top stylists in the industry. I'm glad Ginny got to do a pretty big project outside of Once since she's basically wasted on this show.

Yes, she also recently (within the last year) changed her stylist to IU and it's been a huge improvement for her! Jen's stylist, who is also a big deal (she works with Angelina) is not as good, I think.