Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Kyle Jason

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I think he and his wife are laughable classless clowns, but I don't doubt that they love their kids and care for them appropriately.

I have no doubt that they love them. I do doubt that they have the sense to raise them appropriately. No, "bitch" isn't an appropriate nickname for a daughter. Having a child with autism who is very prone to repeating inappropriate behavior and language, no way in hell I would teach him to flip people off. It will just make his life in society more difficult, and he won't understand why he shouldn't do these things in certain social situations. Might even get him hurt someday.

As for the post up thread by someone else about how he didn’t have money, had a disabled child, etc, I find that incredibly insulting. Having lived on food stamps, raised a family of four on less than $20,000 a year working low-paying jobs, and cared for an autistic child, I still wouldn't treat anyone the way this creep regularly treats people. I may not like someone, but I wouldn't engage in this kind of low class, cruel behavior because my life had some difficulties.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 9

I didn't mind him this week. He's much better when he isn't thumping his chest and bossing people around. He seems kind of pleasant when he's sitting alone and happy when someone is bothering to talk to him.

He was a good leader in the reward challenge and he was fun with the animals. He did well in the immunity challenge.

Why would anyone put tattoos in their armpits?

Glad he's gone.

• Love 2

I even kind of liked him a little when Tai and Michele were going at it tooth and nail at TC and he was just sitting there grinning with the "HOW YA' DOING, JEFF?" I'm no fan of his, but he was entitled to a little glee over nearly squeaking by last night. I'm surprised he didn't survive, but also happy that he's out.

• Love 1

Glad he's gone, hope he never comes back.  What makes his boot even better is the fact that he gave his idol to Scot prematurely.  Had he kept it he could have used it, and would have been spared.  He really could have screwed everyone's plans.

Thankfully, the idol got voted out with Scot. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I even kind of liked him a little when Tai and Michele were going at it tooth and nail at TC and he was just sitting there grinning with the "HOW YA' DOING, JEFF?"

Theses are some of my favorite TC moments, when the obvious boot ends up just sitting there as a spectator to some other epic inter-alliance cat fight or unexpected/unnecessary drama.  We've had a few of these this season.

• Love 2

On EW, Cupcake says he's not a bully. Bullies never admit that they're bullies, no?

And he said that the reason no one got along with Alecia was because Alecia said herself she shouldn't have been on the Brawn tribe but on the Beauty tribe. But wasn't it the other way around? Cupcake and Co. were not shy in telling her to her face she shouldn't be there. 

Oh well, everyone is a hero of their own narrative.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

And he said that the reason no one got along with Alecia was because Alecia said herself she shouldn't have been on the Brawn tribe but on the Beauty tribe.

She's right.  Why is this a reason to dislike her?  Because the producers put her on the wrong tribe?  Or because she's vain about her appearance?  Like no one on Survivor has ever been vain before...

• Love 6

I listened to the dude's interview on RHAP, and remembered all the reasons I hated him. He seriously doesn’t think he did anything wrong in the game except let Scot hold the idol? He really thinks that the sabotage around camp got him further in the game? No, dude, the stupid idols were what kept you past your sell by date. He's fucking clueless. 

• Love 8

Probst better not give him 15 minutes at the Reunion to blather on and on about why he was so misunderstood, either.  I don't want to hear more than one sentence from both him and Scot, but I know better.

• Love 6

I do not like this guy at all and agree that he showed on the RHAP interview that he learned nothing. No self-awareness there at all.

I listened to one more interview, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9f2BD7tTiY where he stated he had to go to the hospital for a Neal-like infection in his foot (that he was keeping hidden). Also, according to him, he lost 3 teeth while out there in the game.

• Love 2

Kyle proved his lack of any Survivor skills with his vote in the last tribal. Tai tells him "it's Michelle, vote for Michelle."  As far as we know nobody else told him anything.  Now, Tai could be lying to him and wasn't planning on voting for Michelle but the one thing Kyle should have known for sure was it wasn't Joe.  Joe hasn't gotten a single vote this season, his name has never been brought up as a potential bootee (at least not since the early days of the Brains tribe when the wonder duo of Liz and Peter thought he should go, Kyle has no knowledge of that) and there's no way Joe is getting voted out.  If Kyle wanted any chance to stay in the game he can't waste his vote on Joe, but that's exactly what he did.  His best option was to either vote Michelle (as Tai told him to) or vote Tai in hopes that everyone is gunning to blindside Tai.  And after sitting through that tribal council when Tai made it clear he considers Michelle the bottom of the alliance he absolutely shouldn't be wasting his vote on Joe.  Joe himself is more useful than that vote was.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, diana said:

I do not like this guy at all and agree that he showed on the RHAP interview that he learned nothing. No self-awareness there at all.

I listened to one more interview, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9f2BD7tTiY where he stated he had to go to the hospital for a Neal-like infection in his foot (that he was keeping hidden). Also, according to him, he lost 3 teeth while out there in the game.

Is he the first person to report losing teeth on Survivor?  Geez.  One more reason not to go on Survivor...

• Love 1
11 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I listened to the dude's interview on RHAP, and remembered all the reasons I hated him. He seriously doesn’t think he did anything wrong in the game except let Scot hold the idol? He really thinks that the sabotage around camp got him further in the game? No, dude, the stupid idols were what kept you past your sell by date. He's fucking clueless. 

He really is clueless. IF he'd made it to the end as a goat, then he could go ahead and believe that camp sabotage and being a jackass helped his game, but the fact that he got bounced despite being a strong goat candidate, means that he was such an ass that they couldn't stand to be around him anymore. 

As for his kids, I found one of his bonus video comments really gross. It was something like "I was always joke that she [his daughter] is going to live with us forever, in the basement with like 30 cats..." And even if his daughter's autism is so severe that independent living isn't going to be an option, that's still not the nicest thing to say about your child in front of a TV audience. (I honestly do have sympathy for what he's going through with regard to his daughter and I acknowledge that coping mechanisms differ among people, but still, keep those comments to your own circle if that's how you choose to deal with things.)  

• Love 7
(edited)

I've had enough of him so I don't want to listen to his interview to get the details, so regarding his teeth, if they got knocked out somehow, that's understandable, but if they just spontaneously fell out, he can't put that on Survivor. You have to be malnourished for longer than a month for teeth to start falling out.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I've had enough of him so I don't want to listen to his interview to get the details, so regarding his teeth, if they got knocked out somehow, that's understandable, but if they just spontaneously fell out, he can't put that on Survivor. You have to be malnourished for longer than a month for teeth to start falling out.

Good point, Fishcakes.  Or have pretty bad gum disease.

In his Ponderosa video, at the weigh-in with Dr. Joe he says something like "my guns are swollen, just like I mentioned" or something like that.  So obviously something he'd been having trouble with.

Or maybe he pissed off the cook staff at Ponderosa with his insistence on eating "brinner" and someone off and and cold-cocked him.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 2

I sent a tweet to Jason after the "shoving geeks in lockers" comment pointing out to him that he might want to consider the possibility that some of those geeks are on the Autism spectrum.  Oh, he didn't like that!  And then something really weird happened.  His wife "followed" me and then a little while later she blocked me.  

I really hope CBS doesn't indulge him in his quest for fame.  He's even selling t-shirts promoting himself that say "Embrace the Suck."  Ugh, what an ass.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, diana said:

In his post-show check-up on the way to Ponderosa, he mentioned to Dr. Joe how swollen his gums were on one side. If he got a serious infection, they probably had to pull them. 

I stopped listening to RHAP when they got to the Alecia part. I didn't care to hear excuses, now or ever. 

Jason and his wife are such drama queens.  In one of his interviews, he commented that he had no problem with his edit and that he felt it was somewhat accurate.  His twitter account (and that of his wife) would say otherwise.  Even Dan didn't start belly aching as early as those two.  His wife was whining to Probst and TPTB on twitter by the second episode.

And while I definitely think Jason's kids should be off limits from any attacks, he isn't helping his cause by whining about people bullying them when he's no better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Even Dan didn't start belly aching as early as those two.  His wife was whining to Probst and TPTB on twitter by the second episode.

I can't believe I'm siding Dan, also just because when he apologized to Shirin during the reunion he apologized unequivocally, IIRC. No excuses, nothing. Just that he's sorry for all he's said.

More reasons to dislike this guy - he's  making me side with Dan Foley.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BillyP said:

I sent a tweet to Jason after the "shoving geeks in lockers" comment pointing out to him that he might want to consider the possibility that some of those geeks are on the Autism spectrum.  Oh, he didn't like that!  And then something really weird happened.  His wife "followed" me and then a little while later she blocked me.

It sounds like she's trying to build up her own following by using an app that automatically follows anyone who tags her husband, but then blocking anyone who says anything that's even mildly critical. Who knows, but maybe she's hoping for a future BvW invite; she's certainly been vocal enough about what's happening on the show since the season began. Usually spouses or family members don't get so involved, but the way she keeps trying to horn in on Jason's pathetic 15 minutes of fame make me dislike her about as much as I dislike him.

• Love 8
On 06/05/2016 at 2:16 PM, Jersey Guy 87 said:

Kyle proved his lack of any Survivor skills with his vote in the last tribal. Tai tells him "it's Michelle, vote for Michelle."  As far as we know nobody else told him anything.  Now, Tai could be lying to him and wasn't planning on voting for Michelle but the one thing Kyle should have known for sure was it wasn't Joe.  Joe hasn't gotten a single vote this season, his name has never been brought up as a potential bootee (at least not since the early days of the Brains tribe when the wonder duo of Liz and Peter thought he should go, Kyle has no knowledge of that) and there's no way Joe is getting voted out.  If Kyle wanted any chance to stay in the game he can't waste his vote on Joe, but that's exactly what he did.  His best option was to either vote Michelle (as Tai told him to) or vote Tai in hopes that everyone is gunning to blindside Tai.  And after sitting through that tribal council when Tai made it clear he considers Michelle the bottom of the alliance he absolutely shouldn't be wasting his vote on Joe.  Joe himself is more useful than that vote was.

A thousand times yes to this! Even if Tai was trying to get Jason to waste his vote, Jason was still no worse off than he was before since his plan to vote Joe was essentially a wasted vote as well. And if he had survived this vote, he would have shown Tai that he would vote with him (at least for now) and wouldn't have made himself a bigger target than he already was, since he could always point to Tai and say, "He told me to and I was on the bottom, so what choice did I have?"

• Love 2
On 5/6/2016 at 5:47 PM, fishcakes said:

It sounds like she's trying to build up her own following by using an app that automatically follows anyone who tags her husband, but then blocking anyone who says anything that's even mildly critical. Who knows, but maybe she's hoping for a future BvW invite; she's certainly been vocal enough about what's happening on the show since the season began. Usually spouses or family members don't get so involved, but the way she keeps trying to horn in on Jason's pathetic 15 minutes of fame make me dislike her about as much as I dislike him.

BvW invite?  Sorry, but there so often seems to be a secret language on this forum, with nicknames and abbreviations.   

Batman vs. Wolverine.  It's a superhero brood off.

Or in Survivor word, Blood vs. Water where contestants (sometimes returnees sometimes newbies) play against a family member.  From what little I've read on these forums, I think watching Bounty and his wife would be worse than watching him paired up with Scot.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Batman vs. Wolverine.  It's a superhero brood off.

Or in Survivor word, Blood vs. Water where contestants (sometimes returnees sometimes newbies) play against a family member.  From what little I've read on these forums, I think watching Bounty and his wife would be worse than watching him paired up with Scot.

Thanks, @Maverick.  That clears things up.  This forum has more "secret language"  than most forums, and I often have trouble following.

It's not really this forum, just Survivor. There's a lot of Survivor fan slang; less than, like, sports, but maybe more than most 'fandoms'?  We should make a lexicon.  Maybe I'll start one...

Oh yeah to keep it on topic Cupcake is a jerk

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

We should make a lexicon.  Maybe I'll start one...

I was thinking the same thing.  We had one on the TWoP boards, as you probably recall.  I might have even archived that; I'll need to check on that.  But a new lexicon thread is something we could do between seasons.

23 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Oh yeah to keep it on topic Cupcake is a jerk

Agreed.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, backformore said:

Thanks, @Maverick.  That clears things up.  This forum has more "secret language"  than most forums, and I often have trouble following.

I don't think it's an effort to exclude some readers, so not really a "secret language", just acronyms that have naturally come out of 32 seasons of talking about the same stuff over and over.  Just ask when you see one you don't recognize.  We're all happy to spell them out.  

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:00 PM, slowpoked said:

I can't believe I'm siding Dan, also just because when he apologized to Shirin during the reunion he apologized unequivocally, IIRC. No excuses, nothing. Just that he's sorry for all he's said.

More reasons to dislike this guy - he's  making me side with Dan Foley.

You think that's bad, I'd actually take Dan back on my screen before Jason.  Mainly because I think Dan is the best kind of villain at this point; he whined that we didn't see him cry about his wife, then he whined that TPTB did a horrible editing job, then he got even further railroaded at the reunion when Probst showed footage Dan claimed they embellished to look worse than it was.  Seeing him have to spin in a hundred different directions with his stories and then creating further stories when he got caught lying.  I think Dan would try to go out and potentially prove he wasn't 'that guy' which would make it almost entertaining to see him fail.  No way TPTB would let Dan get away with a completely different edit in round 2.

Jason, on the other hand, seems to be accepting his villain status (if accepting means you say you were fine with the edit while also belly aching that you aren't a bully), which makes me think he is looking for round 2, and doesn't want to do anything that could jeopardize that.  I think Jason would play it up even worse a second time.

• Love 2
On 5/6/2016 at 10:06 AM, ljenkins782 said:

(I honestly do have sympathy for what he's going through with regard to his daughter and I acknowledge that coping mechanisms differ among people, but still, keep those comments to your own circle if that's how you choose to deal with things.)  

Exactly.  As a parent of a non-neurotypical young adult, I agree that sometimes the dark humor is what help keeps you sane; but not in a way that actually could hurt your child or other non-neurotypical people!  Just vented to your partner or a fellow struggling parent you know would be receptive!  Argh.  

I'm sure he loves her, but he doesn't seem open to learning more about things that would help.

• Love 5