Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Kyle Jason

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

For what very little it is worth, from reading on reddit I get the impression from what people on his twitter have said about his posts, than he's a bit of a asshole or full of himself at least.  One person said they quit his twitter cuz they couldn't take it.  I got the impression he may be a bit of a Dan Foley (my words).

All said - these are like 3rd hand impressions that coalesced into my read  basically. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I wanted to root for Kyle (as I have so few people I'm rooting for at this point), but he does come off as a bit of an ass.  I noticed a tweet he had that said 'if you suck, you suck, deal with it'.  I can totally see him going the Dan Foley route.  Right now I'm wondering who will end up being the bigger ass by the end of the season-Kyle or Nick. 

Looking through his twitter right now and his wife's, I have to say that they look and sound like something out of a true crime TV documentary.  Or that PBS show I watched last night about heroin addiction.*

*Yes, I'm a snob, but if you watched Frontline, you know that it's about how any of us could be heroin addicts anymore...

• Love 2

Feb 15

Jason Retweeted Jeff Probst

You said it @JeffProbst the question is can they handle my greatness  

Jeff Probst @JeffProbst

And the countdown to #survivor is officially on!  Less than 48 hours!

throw this man in the volcano please

• Love 6

After Dan pulled the "horrible editing" card and dragged TPTB through the mud, I wonder if someone like Kyle or Nick would try that if they get an edit that is too horrible.  Especially since they know that Jeff would easily show raw footage from camp to make them look like an even bigger idiot.

• Love 1

Especially since they know that Jeff would easily show raw footage from camp to make them look like an even bigger idiot.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that if you go on Survivor with a boom-box tattoed on your ample mid-section, you may not need any help in that regard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I can't stand this caricature moron.  The show's trying to make us believe he's a badass because he picks up drug addicts who've skipped bail.  To top it off, this tool records his skip apprehensions and posts them to SM.  What a fucking loser.  My cousin is a fugitive recovery agent and she's 5'5" and 140 lbs soaking wet.  She has a shield and a carry permit, so yeah, people go with her (and Kyle) when they say "you're coming with me."

Speaking of SM and as the father of a son on the autism spectrum, I hate that he hashtags every picture of his younger daughter with "#autism" as if that word defines her.  How about #beautiful/#inspiring/#perfect- get a thesaurus, jackass.

I believe wholeheartedly that he dreams about "Blondie" every night and this hazing he's doing to her is strictly to convince his wife and himself that he doesn't.  For his wife to defend his actions, she must be a real winner herself who loves his toolishness.  If I were on Survivor or any show and I let someone talk to/about a young woman the way he does to Alecia, let alone did the hazing myself, all my bags would be packed and on the porch when I got home. 

According to CBS, his hobbies include "kicking in doors" - this is a callback to OIF and I believe anyone who would call it their hobby never fucking did it or they wouldn't be so fucking cavalier about it.  Why can't they ever put a normal combat veteran on a reality show so my daughter doesn't think we're all a bunch of assholes?

• Love 17

I can't stand this caricature moron.  The show's trying to make us believe he's a badass because he picks up drug addicts who've skipped bail.  To top it off, this tool records his skip apprehensions and posts them to SM.  What a fucking loser. 

It's one thing to have an asshole personality, but to post on SM his apprehensions is just such a low-life, inappropriate thing to do.  I don't know how bounty hunters work (or who they work for) but wouldn't that be grounds for dismissal?

• Love 6

Why can't they ever put a normal combat veteran on a reality show so my daughter doesn't think we're all a bunch of assholes?

Not that this is your combat veteran dream-come-true, but isn't Caleb also a vet?  At least he seems decent-natured so far (I don't watch BB).

• Love 2

Not that this is your combat veteran dream-come-true, but isn't Caleb also a vet?  At least he seems decent-natured so far (I don't watch BB).

He is, he's an Army vet like Kyle... but Caleb has his own set of flying monkeys, definitely no one's poster child. :)

And I'll never forgive CBS for the one OIF Marine they did cast... Shemar. 

• Love 3

Tattoos can be beautiful, creative, and tell a story.  Bounty's tattoos all look scribbled on and oddly placed, like his friends colored on him one night when he was drunk and he thought it'd be cool to turn them all into tats.  Between that, his knuckle cracking, and his deep-seated meanness to Alecia, I totally hope he does pull a Dan Foley and get voted out when he holds some powerful advantage and then scratches his head in befuddlement all the was to Loser's Lodge.

• Love 5

I totally hope he does pull a Dan Foley and get voted out when he holds some powerful advantage and then scratches his head in befuddlement all the was to Loser's Lodge.

Can you imagine if he makes the jury -- he'll sit there menacingly, scowling at his rivals, and cracking his knuckles.  We thought Dan was bad but he was a postal worker.  Kyle is a bounty hunter.  Ugh.

• Love 4

Kyle would be a trip on the jury.  Especially if the final 3 were all women.  I can only imagine how he would glare, snort, give the evil eye, before getting up and giving "the speech" about how stupid those women are and that he's the true winner of the game, that they wanted him and couldn't take the burning passion so they axed him.

His muscles, tattoos, and trash talk remind me of a poser.  Right down to "kicking in doors" as a hobby, he probably has a lot of carefully crafted stories about how he's the big man.  Those pics on his SM could just be him sitting in his driveway while talking about how many people he's taking down that day.

In regards to him doing the #autism on every post, his wife isn't any better.

Well if anything, the first two episodes were edited to show that Fatty isn't winning this thing.

If his edit suddenly takes a turn for the better I'm going to get very worried.  But given what we've seen spew out out of his mouth so far, I guess I won't have anything to worry about.  Him start looking nice?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I saw some speculation from people that Kyle being a big fan of Russell Hantz is trying to copy his "dumb ass girl" alliance from Samoa and that s why he saved Alecia.  Of course the lesson learned from that strategy is that the "dumbass girl" beat Russell's ass in the FTC.

• Love 6

I saw some speculation from people that Kyle being a big fan of Russell Hantz is trying to copy his "dumb ass girl" alliance from Samoa and that s why he saved Alecia.  Of course the lesson learned from that strategy is that the "dumbass girl" beat Russell's ass in the FTC.

Yeah, I don't think that worked well for him any of the 3 times he played.  If that's the route he's going, Kyle can't even be original in the game.  Just another reason to dislike the guy!  If he somehow makes it to the final 3 (god forbid), I hope Blondie is sitting next to him and takes a clean sweep of votes.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

For some reason, that fact that his hobby is kicking in doors reminds me of that psycho on Seinfeld that Elaine promoted out of the mailroom to write for the J. Peterman catalog:  "It's hard to keep your toes dry...when you're kicking in skulls."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

For some reason, that fact that his hobby is kicking in doors reminds me of that psycho on Seinfeld that Elaine promoted out of the mailroom to write for the J. Peterman catalog:  "It's hard to keep your toes dry...when you're kicking in skulls."

Really?  He reminds me more of Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Frankly, he amuses me, because for some reason, this season, I see everyone as some kind of caricature or archetype if you wish, I'm completely non invested, I'm having fun watching the show and I'm quite happy to have a few villains, as long as they are not dangerous to others or shoved down my throat. And so far I'm quite happy with editing in that regard. So yeah, this guy (I'm puzzled as to why he's called by his last name when there isn't anyone sharing his first name) doesn't bother me, because we need a few unsavory characters - blindsides of people I like are much less fun than those of people I'm indifferent to. 

• Love 3

Except on Survivor, calling a player by their last name is a sign of respect (or mancrush) from Probst: Donaldson, Penner, Cochran, etc.  I'd hate to think that this guy is trying to insert himself into this category by calling himself by his last name.

• Love 3

Well, Cochran was self-named, like Jason is.  There was that one chick who went by her last name, too, once... Dawson?  And it's fairly common to make up a name for yourself -- Coach, Shambo, Dreamz, Rocky, Tarzan, Troyzan, Flicka.  

I always wonder with the 'not using my real (or first) name' people if they are planning in advance on making an ass of themselves if the situation calls for it, and are doing it to protect their outside identity at least somewhat, for the future.  

How exactly do they go about the last name thing?  Ask them out right 'do you want us to call you by your last name if Probst thinks your worthy'?  Also, not sure why those who go that route think it is some big achievement and makes them the big man (or in rare cases, the big woman).  Does anybody remember, back during Africa, when the tribes merged and there were the two Kims (Powers and Johnson)-did Jeff acknowledge either of them by their last name to avoid confusion?  In those cases, I get it.  But just for the sake of referring to them by their last name, I don't like.  

Well, Cochran was self-named, like Jason is.  There was that one chick who went by her last name, too, once... Dawson?  And it's fairly common to make up a name for yourself -- Coach, Shambo, Dreamz, Rocky, Tarzan, Troyzan, Flicka. 

I always wonder with the 'not using my real (or first) name' people if they are planning in advance on making an ass of themselves if the situation calls for it, and are doing it to protect their outside identity at least somewhat, for the future.

Yes, Sarah Dawson from the Philippines season.  She was the one who kissed Probst as her torch was snuffed.  That's about all I remember of her.

As to the last part of your statement, you might be right.  I wonder if that's why Dan "I'm gonna be remembered" Foley decided not to go the last name route.  He wanted to be remembered, might as well be up front with who you really are.

Except on Survivor, calling a player by their last name is a sign of respect (or mancrush) from Probst: Donaldson, Penner, Cochran, etc.  I'd hate to think that this guy is trying to insert himself into this category by calling himself by his last name.

But I think even Probst has standards - at least what sounds good when called by the last name. He didn't call Joe by Anglim. He didn't call Tony by Vlachos, or Russell or Boston Rob by their last names either. And these are certified Probst man-crushes. 

I think Probst is respectful enough of a contestant's wishes on how they want to be called. I remember Jeff Kent specifically saying to Probst to not mention his last name at all so as not to torpedo his game.

• Love 1

How exactly do they go about the last name thing?  Ask them out right 'do you want us to call you by your last name if Probst thinks your worthy'?  Also, not sure why those who go that route think it is some big achievement and makes them the big man (or in rare cases, the big woman).  Does anybody remember, back during Africa, when the tribes merged and there were the two Kims (Powers and Johnson)-did Jeff acknowledge either of them by their last name to avoid confusion?  In those cases, I get it.  But just for the sake of referring to them by their last name, I don't like.  

Yes, Sarah Dawson from the Philippines season.  She was the one who kissed Probst as her torch was snuffed.  That's about all I remember of her.

As to the last part of your statement, you might be right.  I wonder if that's why Dan "I'm gonna be remembered" Foley decided not to go the last name route.  He wanted to be remembered, might as well be up front with who you really are.

I believe Jeff called them Kim Powers and Kim Johnson.  I think Powers might've been "Little Kim" sometimes, too, among the tribe.  

Cochran made it a superfan joke, to Probst -- "Call me Cochran!  I want to be like Donaldson and Savage the other manly men you loved!"  

I think they do let them pick their moniker.  I remember Dreamz was being labeled in the eps as his real name at first, until the tribe started calling him Dreamz at his request, I think?  I also remember Jeff saying he'd never heard the word Shambo until Shannon introduced herself to the tribe as that.  

But I think even Probst has standards - at least what sounds good when called by the last name. He didn't call Joe by Anglim. He didn't call Tony by Vlachos, or Russell or Boston Rob by their last names either. And these are certified Probst man-crushes. 

Youre kidding, right? Take a look at E2 of HvV when BRob fainted. After he was revived and got back up, Probst looks at him with stars (lust?) in his eyes and proclaimed - "Mariano is back!" That's just one example off the top of my head.

And to detract attention from a less-than-desirable face and physique.

That's kind of like throwing a turd at somebody's face to distract them from the turd they're about to step in - but yeah, sure.

Only thing is, now someone has shit all over their hands.

:>

• Love 4

My theory is that Scot (ex-basketball player) starting calling Kyle Jason "Jason" after they were first introduced. It's pretty common for athletes to call one another by their last names. After all, it's what's on the jersey. 

I have no facts to back this up, it's just my personal headcanon.

Edited by kakiphony

My theory is that Scot (ex-basketball player) starting calling Kyle Jason "Jason" after they were first introduced. It's pretty common for athletes to call one another by their last names. After all, it's what's on the jersey. 

I have no facts to back this up, it's just my personal headcanon.

IIRC, Probst revealed on twitter that Jason asked him to call him Jason from the beginning of the game.

Last-name-only reference isn't really all that uncommon, depending upon individual backgrounds. Two examples come immediately to mind:

• Organized sports - professional, amateur and scholastic.
  • Military service.

You forgot:

3. Self-important effort to look tough.

• Love 6

You forgot:

3. Self-important effort to look tough.

Which also goes along with the gauges and the ugly tats and the choice of profession.