Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Kyle Jason

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Continuing from an episode thread - and in case you missed it, here's the Rorschach tattoo in question:

Well I saw a hunchback devil dwarf on the right poking at a woman with her large intestine hanging right below her neck on the right.

Forgot to get this in a quote box but piewarmer I think said: "And I swear I saw a lizard with lips." I say twas strange it wasn't on that dude's back too.

I saw a granny Cthulhu trying to make out with Kenny Rogers.

• Love 2
(edited)

I see Hillary VS Trump, where Hillary is a giant neoliberal octopus grabbing South America in her fiendish embrace.  I can't really make out what's up with Trump's bod, but he seems to be intently listening to his headset.

ETA: no political comment implied

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 2

You would think that someone who has two daughters, with one of them having autism, would go easy on the bullying. But no. He's just a nasty human being.

Agree 100%!  He is despicable. 

• Love 5

Bounty is definitely being edited that way - at present, at least.

I'm getting a vibe, though...

...From both Bounty's and Scot's comments - and attitudes while making the comments - and Cydney's silent-but-apparent agreement on more than one occasion...

...that there was a helluva lot of annoying and provocative behavior on Alecia's part which never made it to our screens.

Scot's demeanor in particular.  Purely personal observation on my part, but to me he didn't come across as someone being mean for the sake of being mean - his statements to Alecia had the molar-grinding presentation of somebody who has been tried to their last nerve, and then some.  May be surprising to some, considering what Scot did say, but my impression was he was struggling mightily to hold back what he REALLY wanted to say.

That, and the group's interactions during the digging-in-the-sand portion of the RC.  The Brawny Three are all at least a couple or so feet deep in their designated sandpit, worn to a frazzle, but still (slowly) digging with their hands, while Alecia stands on top and scoots sand around with her foot - which would work freaking GREAT if the ballsacks <heh> were only buried a few inches under the surface.  Which none of them were.  But then Alecia starts her Rah-Rah-Team comments, which in turn led to the sarcastic cheerleader comments by (Bounty? Scot? Both?).  The reactions (both words and expressions) from the other three made me wonder of the rah-rah stuff only came out of Alecia on the occasions when she was sure a camera was pointed at her.

Just some random thoughts and impressions.  YMMV.

ETA: NVM commentary on Scot's reactions.  Just saw a vid clip of him, and yeah - he's just an asshole.  Which still doesn't necessarily contradict the rest of my post.  :)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5

I just call him Bounty.

You know - like the paper towel.

Considering the tribe he is on, shouldnt you call him Brawny?

Maybe we should call him Charmin, since he's an ass wipe.  IMO

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 10

His wife is on twitter asking Probst if he can stop the bullying against Bounty. Is she a moron? Probst doesn't control twitter. More pertinently, though, it seems that Bounty is being bullied on social media, so I need to go find my tiny little violin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

His wife is on twitter asking Probst if he can stop the bullying against Bounty. Is she a moron? Probst doesn't control twitter. More pertinently, though, it seems that Bounty is being bullied on social media, so I need to go find my tiny little violin.

Perhaps someone can point out to her that all those folks posting stuff on Twitter are "only trying to help."

• Love 14

...that there was a helluva lot of annoying and provocative behavior on Alecia's part which never made it to our screens.

Who gives a fuck. That doesn't somehow make this piece of shit less of a garbage human being.

I think we saw exactly who Alecia is and obviously some people find her annoying, that doesn't make anything Jason and Scot (or Cydney tbh) did any better.

• Love 10

This is the same woman who tweeted "I think the word "BULLY" is going 2be misused & overused very soon (more than it already has been) #buckup #survivor". Who knew that she was talking about herself?

• Love 8

I take issue with all the "this is a game!  this is for a million dollars!" responses.  Hell, even Dale Wentworth, that bastion of Survivor excellence and upstandingness, is tweeting in support of Jason.

Does the chance for a chunk of money render all responsibility null and void?   How uncivilized and dissolute have we become?

• Love 7

Hell, even Dale Wentworth, that bastion of Survivor excellence and upstandingness, is tweeting in support of Jason.

Corinne did as well. Cool, a couple of assholes are supporting you, good job, Jason!

And then there's this. I won't say anything about the vote itself because I'm sure politics talk is a no no here, but isn't it illegal to take a picture of your voting ballot? This guy!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I take issue with all the "this is a game!  this is for a million dollars!" responses.  Hell, even Dale Wentworth, that bastion of Survivor excellence and upstandingness, is tweeting in support of Jason.

Does the chance for a chunk of money render all responsibility null and void?   How uncivilized and dissolute have we become?

Corinne was also tweeting support for Bounty.  I don't think having her in your corner helps the cause.

If this was a one episode thing-okay, maybe I'd give him a break and pass it off on them losing again, or the circumstances of the day, or whatever.  But he's been an asshole since day 1.  He's had no issue being the bad guy so far.  I can believe Alecia was annoying and hard to live with.  In pre-game interviews and videos, I thought for sure she'd be the first one to go, if not an early boot, because of the way she was coming her across.  Her pet peeves include lying for crying out loud, which is key to this game if you want to succeed.  And, she was a fish out of water on the brawn tribe.  Did they just have to do this theme again that it didn't matter if certain people didn't fit their designated tribe's make up?  Even though I could say the same thing about all the brawnies, considering how miserably they've been failing.  Anyway, she may have been annoying, but Kyle and Scot were no better to her.  I don't think they ever gave her a fair chance.  Did they keep her around just to have a punching bag?

Also, we know how editing works, and anyone going on these shows after 16 years and 32 seasons should have a clue that their actions might come back to haunt them.  You can't be cool with being a villain but then get all upset because you can't deal with the aftermath.  It's amusing to me that Kyle was making a big joke on twitter tonight about him and Scot being bullies, along with his wife, and then she's crying to Jeff to help them out.  I wonder if Jeff is drooling at the thought of being able to go after Bounty and Scot at the reunion ala Dan Foley, or if he'll make sure plenty of former Survivor's are in the audience so he can spend 20 minutes of the reunion talking to them to avoid the issue.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6

It's just normal adult behavior:  just because you personally despise someone does not give you the right to behave toward them in any manner you like. 

It's called a civilization, people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I thought the way he cared for Cydney was heroic. 

Respectfully disagree.  I think he did it for attention.  If Alecia had been lying there, I cannot see him doing the same.

It also brings to mind the challenge from last week when Cydney was maneuvering the ropes to land the balls, and Bounty was yelling out instructions.  Probst helpfully pointed out to everyone (because we all couldn't hear Bounty screaming like a lunatic) that he was doing a great job of "helping" Cydney, at which point I'd swear Bounty started screaming even louder.  I think everything he does is calculated to make himself look better, but only in certain situations that do not involve a young woman named Alecia.

• Love 3

Good thing we had the Second Chance season in between, or else, airing Worlds Apart and this season back-to-back could be the end of this show, with all the nastiness towards women. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5

Respectfully disagree.  I think he did it for attention.  If Alecia had been lying there, I cannot see him doing the same.

I also dislike that JP gave him the opportunity to spout off the customary, self-serving military/sports propaganda:  "When a man is down, I put everything else aside and do what needs to be done for the good of the team blah blah blah."

• Love 5

It also brings to mind the challenge from last week when Cydney was maneuvering the ropes to land the balls, and Bounty was yelling out instructions.  Probst helpfully pointed out to everyone (because we all couldn't hear Bounty screaming like a lunatic) that he was doing a great job of "helping" Cydney, at which point I'd swear Bounty started screaming even louder.  I think everything he does is calculated to make himself look better, but only in certain situations that do not involve a young woman named Alecia.

The week before, Cydney failed miserably at maneuvering the balls.  That put Brawn way behind the other two tribes in the challenge.  On her next attempt, Kyle barked instructions to her, she turned around her performance 180 degrees, and pulled out the win.  So I tend to believe he did a great job.

I also think he did a great job helping Cydney this episode.  Whatever his motivations, he came through both times.  i.e. I don't care as much about the motivation (which you are inferring btw), and more the end result.  

I bet Cydney was grateful for the way he cared for her, as her body was shutting down and she was collapsing in the sand. 

• Love 2

I appreciate your post, kikaha.  

Perhaps I have blinders on when it comes to Kyle.  What's hard for me is that, having watched each episode a couple of times, I don't understand why the entire Brawn tribe decided to act the way they did towards Alecia in the first place, unless it was because she didn't fit the "Brawn" image.  From the very beginning, Kyle made a point of announcing that Alecia wasn't worthy of him even learning her name.  Scot, Jen and Cydney followed Kyle's lead when it came to treating her as not important, and at times downright stupid.  Kyle made fun of Alecia for spending so long making a fire - but yet, she made fire.  He laughed when she went to look for an idol until she found the clue, at which point he and Scot took over, pointedly ignoring Alecia altogether.  Now, who knows what footage we don't get to see.  Other than Alecia spacing out at the first puzzle challenge, I can't understand where Kyle's dislike of her is coming from.  His treatment of her seems out of proportion with what we've been allowed to see.  And editing is giving us what we see.  The show seems to be trying to show his "go team!" side by his treatment of Cydney, but all that does is make it even more striking as to how he treated Alecia.

I am inferring his motivation, true.  From what Survivor is showing me, I don't know how else to see Kyle except as a self-serving bully towards a young woman who didn't seem to deserve it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5

laurakaye, I think you (as well as some other posters) summed up what Jason and Scot's issue with Alecia is.  Not only was she not acting like some scared little girl that was going to just follow their lead and let them bully her, but she actually outdid them in certain aspects.  Jenny said that Kyle sat around camp and did nothing.  Alecia got the fire going, Alecia found the idol clue.  Maybe they didn't like that someone they didn't deem worthy of being on the brawn tribe was actually doing better than them.  That tribe has completely sucked.  Apparently you are only worthy if you are big and have muscles or a sports background, but that hasn't exactly benefited them.  And they had to know, if Alecia got that idol, she would have played it, and would have turned against them once the swap/merge happened.  So it might have been a little unnerving that little, blonde, non-brawn Alecia could have been their very undoing in the game, and was actually more productive out there than they were. 

• Love 5

How were those (I think they were) cut off T-shirt sleeves staying stuck to the back of his shoulders throughout the challenge?  

I thought those were bandages covering the worst of his sunburn.  Supplied by production, I assumed.

• Love 1

Perhaps I have blinders on when it comes to Kyle. 

I'm not so sure  you do: I think he's an ass much of the time.  He did impress me with how he looked after Cydney though, and that made me think he might be (a little) more complex than the show portrays. 

• Love 1

I haven't looked at them, but it could be covering tats that were not "suitable" for TV.

The laughable part is, I don't think anyone on these boards has been able to figure out exactly what is tattooed on his back/shoulders.  But I think we all agree, it's most certainly not suitable for TV.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4

The only good thing I have to say about that guy is that he's not as bad as Scot. Not just for the helping Cydney bit, and the apparent (relative) self-awareness that he was angry for other reasons and was trying not to lash out on Alecia, but because, earlier on, despite all his "Blondie"/no-need-to-know-her-name comments, when Alecia finally got the fire going, he stood up behing her, held her, and mock-said to the rest of the tribe "you're welcome", which at least showed he knew Alecia should have gotten a thank-you that hadn't come. So, at least, he is a bit more self-aware than Lurch (perfect nickname! - though I like original Lurch :) but don't like this doppelganger so much).

And that's the only good thing I have. The bad has all been said, and for the fairness of things I wanted to balance it a bit. In a previous life, I must have been the devil's advocate -

• Love 6

IIRC the tweet referred to bullying against "my family", not Bounty specifically.

Makes me wonder if she and the kids are getting flak as well - and last time I checked, they didn't sign up for the show.

I thought those were bandages covering the worst of his sunburn.  Supplied by production, I assumed.

Didn't Jeff say something in an interview recently about how he thought it was ok to give players 'burn pads' (or some term) for bad sunburn treatment, when he was discussing what he feels is 'allowed' medical intervention?  

It's funny that Corinne is supporting Kyle.  I kind of pegged Alecia as a Sugar.  She's probably annoying as hell to be around but production is showing her as the spunky little blonde victim of the cool kids clique.  

IIRC the tweet referred to bullying against "my family", not Bounty specifically.

Makes me wonder if she and the kids are getting flak as well - and last time I checked, they didn't sign up for the show.

Well, they didn't sign up for the show, but as bad as this sounds, this kind of gives Fatty a does of his own medicine. I'm sure he would have been all like "Bully me instead and not my family." But that's not how the world works. That's why I'm surprised (or probably maybe I shouldn't be) at his lack of empathy when he put down Alecia. He has two daughters, one of them being autistic. They're susceptible to bullying, as much as it sucks. Is he just going to say "Well you learn to stand up for yourself, honey" when his own girls get bullied.

And with his wife predicting "Bullying is going to be exaggerated this season" or something to that effect during the first episode or before the premier, I wonder if it's because she already knows her husband has a brash personality and it just naturally comes out and she's doing damage control ahead of time.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone should be bullied, but it's pretty rich that Jason's wife is defending her husband's in-person bullying of Alecia and then asking Probst and CBS to stop people from being mean to him and their family online. Alecia couldn't get away from Jason during the game, but no one is forcing Jason and his wife and kids to be on Facebook and twitter. Even if there's some contractual obligation that Jason himself have SM accounts, which I don't believe there is, they can't force him to read everything that's said about him. I don't know how old the kids are (but Jason's only 31, so I'm assuming the kids are grade-school age or younger) and no one can control everything their kids do or see, but Jason and his wife do have the option of, say, parenting their own children and trying to keep them off social media while the show is airing.

• Love 7

I think it's splitting hairs. If Jason makes fam visit, I am pretty sure his wife was his visitor so she DID sign on to appear on the show.

Also, if the daughters need to be protected, maybe dont make their FACES their big banner on twitter?

• Love 3

She is undoubtedly talking about herself and Kyle. She inserted herself into the fray before the viewing public even knew what an asshole he was. No one went out to find her. She wanted to be a part of things, and then whines about the aftermath.

• Love 5

Kyle saying "I raised two girls" would lead one to believe they're adults or close.  Odd choice of words for someone with young kids.  

I'm tired of all the bullying claims.  As far as I'm concerned, Twitter wars or other social media crap surrounding reality tv is not bullying.  And I would extend that to 95% of what we see ON reality tv, too.  You sign up to compete against people in a purposely difficult, pressure cooker environment.  If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.  This isn't elementary school.  There is no guarantee your opponents are going to be nice to you.  It's almost guaranteed that many won't.  That's the game.  

I don't think I would call Cupcake's behavior toward Alecia bullying, but I would call it being a cowardly shit of a person.

So I believe he deserves anything he gets on SM, as does Mrs. Cupcake if she chooses to insert herself in similar shitbag fashion.

The kids though should be off limits.

• Love 6

Alecia said in her post CBS 7 things Alecia wants you to know that (1) they weren't saying shit to her face till episode 4 or that time period basically, it was mostly to the camera or to each other without her around and (2) she is fine, it wasn't so bad, she can stand up for herself blah blah.  

They don't seem very nice either way but I think bullying is probably over the top and the backlash is fans engaging in social media bullying. 

Well, they didn't sign up for the show, but as bad as this sounds, this kind of gives Fatty a does of his own medicine.

You're right.

That sounds bad as shit.

Kyle Jason is such an atrocious piece of shit that it's ok to screw with his KIDS, so long as the penultimate goal of giving him some kind of come-uppance is achieved?

That's several different kinds of fucked-up.

• Love 1

I don't think I would call Cupcake's behavior toward Alecia bullying, but I would call it being a cowardly shit of a person.

So I believe he deserves anything he gets on SM, as does Mrs. Cupcake if she chooses to insert herself in similar shitbag fashion.

The kids though should be off limits.

I agree.  I don't go on Twitter or Facebook.  Are people really dragging his kids into it or is the wife exaggerating their victim status?  

I do think part of the blame falls on Kyle.  He signed up and he's playing the villain role and should know how that is going to reflect on his whole family.   He's said he wants to play like Russell, only more ruthless.  I think it's laughable that he thinks no one has ever played this game "the way it's supposed to be played and won" and he's going to.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215169/

Kyle likens himself to one notorious figure from Survivor history: the villainous Russell Hantz. He says this is because "he is the only person that has ever truly played the game the way you should. The only difference is that I wouldn't wait so long making things disappear."

Russell got to the end of the game in two consecutive seasons of Survivor but was unable to win either time. He is well known for his ruthless gameplay, which we may see emulated by Kyle in the new season.

Kyle says that his experience lying in his everyday life will help him thrive on Survivor.

"I really do believe I can win this competition. I lie for a living, day in and day out. I have no shame telling people what they want to hear so I can stab them in the back and make it look like someone else," he says. "I know this game too well, watching it from the start, and I believe I can play it in the way it should be played and be the first to win in that way."

You're right.

That sounds bad as shit.

Kyle Jason is such an atrocious piece of shit that it's ok to screw with his KIDS, so long as the penultimate goal of giving him some kind of come-uppance is achieved?

That's several different kinds of fucked-up.

No I never said it was ok to screw with his kids, just that it comes with the territory of what he's done. If it came out that way, then I apologize but that's not what I meant.

I've always said that with Kyle having kids, I never understood how he could have attacked Alecia as he had done. I thought he would have more empathy dealing with a younger person. After all, Alecia is also someone else's daughter.

And as far as I know, I don't see people attacking his kids. So to Winston9-DT3, yes, I guess there's also an exaggeration of their victim status there. I see people asking why he could act like that since he has kids. Same thing to his wife. But I've never seen anyone bully his kids directly, but I don't see and know everything obviously.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7

I believe that families kind of, sort of, sign up for the experience by default along with their loved one.  It comes with the territory.  However, if they are sitting back minding their own business, I think they should be kept off limits from any hate being spewed towards said loved one-unless they decide to come out swinging on the loved ones behalf.  Which is pretty much what Jason's wife did.  After the first episode, she said that bullying was going to be overused this season.  She's gotten digs in at Alecia.  She, like Lerch and Gomez, was poking fun at the haters on twitter.  The worst I saw directed at her kids was that they deserved better parents and would Jason like his daughters being treated the way he treated Alecia (could be she's gotten worse on other platforms of SM and maybe direct messages).  I think his wife's issue is just as much with what's being said towards Jason as it is towards her and her kids.  But hey, he wants to be the new, improved Russell (he's not), then he's gotta take the lumps with it.   

It was funny to me to see Kyle try and pick a fight with Jonny Fairplay on twitter.  I don't remember exactly what Fairplay said, but Kyle said something along the lines of good thing he's around to make Fairplay and Russell relevant again.  It's like, you aren't even a legend yet Bounty, and you probably won't be (except in the Dan Foley/Colton Cumbie Hall of Shame). 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7