Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: 15 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Episode synopsis: A rubber-duck hunt determines which ingredients the contestants will use with duck in a team challenge; the winning team spends the day on a yacht while the losers prepare a duck appetizer.  Guests for dinner service include Kris Jenner and Dita Von Teese.

I don't know what Jackie wrote on the "list".  The fucking list?  

And Chef Christina says "it's a professional fucking kitchen- that's disrespectful!"   Ramsey drops F-bombs constantly. 

but writing the word is  such a horrible crime?  

I don't get it.

I used to like watching the FOOD.  In the first part, they rushed through the food and recipes so fast,  it was impossible to get a sense of the dishes were.  In the second part, I wanted to see what all the selections on the menu were,  I had to freeze frame the show to read part of it. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

I guess I was supposed to care that Kris Jenner's meal was a disaster.  I cared when they had the armed forces personnel or kids.  Millionaires - not so much.  Terrible episode, in my opinion.

• Love 5

You aren't the only one...I have no idea why I still watch this.

They don't even TRY to change the show up....the challenges will always come down to the last two chefs. Most of the time he will kick the entire team out of the kitchen making the other team come over and cover for them. Always men vs women to start...

They need to do SOMETHING to make this show fresh again...

• Love 4

Is Meese a nickname or short for something?

I miss when they used to show the dessert service as well. I also used to like seeing more about the food - what they were making on the menu. I actually like the prep punishments because I like to see how they prep the food.

• Love 2

Yeah, so enjoying Jackie's little sitcom italian minstrel show. And totally sure that she's still on the show because Ramsay is seriously considering hiring a 30+ yo pizza parlor line cook who was two weeks out culinary school when filming started.

• Love 3

Jackie's obviously being kept around for the entertainment value. She brings nothing as a chef.

She doesn't bring a lot of entertainment value either.

Hassan will be bossy and pompous, his new team will hate him and Ramsay will wonder what happened to him.

Christine (former winner) must be wondering what she's done wrong, she had survived this insanity only to be thrust back into it.  I'm not sure what, exactly, the "talk" between Jackie and Christine was supposed to achieve but it didn't seem to achieve much to me.

• Love 6

She doesn't bring a lot of entertainment value either.

Hassan will be bossy and pompous, his new team will hate him and Ramsay will wonder what happened to him.

Christine (former winner) must be wondering what she's done wrong, she had survived this insanity only to be thrust back into it.  I'm not sure what, exactly, the "talk" between Jackie and Christine was supposed to achieve but it didn't seem to achieve much to me.

Agree that the women's team will hate Hassan. For the other Apprentice fans here: I wonder if he's about to get the Pamela Day treatment.

As for Christine v Jackie: that was all about Christine visibly smacking someone down and establishing that this was her kitchen with her rules. She needed to pick a fight about something in order to make her point, and Jackie's crassness provided the perfect opportunity.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

I don't know if it's more complicated than Jackie trying to argue with her as though they were professional equals when Jackie's a not-very-talented noob who reports to Christina, and you don't do that in a kitchen. I suspect the fact that Jackie's obsequious with Ramsay didn't help.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I'm still trying to figure out why they're singing about fire during the opening while the contestants are trudging through snow.  I usually enjoy the opening sequence but this one makes little sense to me.

I keep thinking I recognize Frankie from some other show but I don't know where I would have seen him before so maybe he's just a type.  An annoying type.  Hassan seems competent and serious about being there.  I think he'd be good-looking if he'd shave that awful beard or at least trim it neatly and short.  The preview didn't bode well for him but that may be misdirection.  Overall, the men seem a lot stronger than the women.

• Love 4

I find myself wrestling with the larger question right now - why in the name of everything sensible do I watch this show?  Hell's Kitchen, I wish I could quit you.  It's not even heartbreak at this point, just mostly boredom.  Why can't I stop watching???

• Love 7

I find myself wrestling with the larger question right now - why in the name of everything sensible do I watch this show?  Hell's Kitchen, I wish I could quit you.  It's not even heartbreak at this point, just mostly boredom.  Why can't I stop watching???

Because it's fun to come here and make fun of the show, even if it bores you.  :-D

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6

Because it's fun to come here and make fun of the show, even if it bores you.  :-D

That. Also I like to judge the production staff and the casting people and Fox in general.

• Love 4

I find nothing attractive or interesting about Dita Von Teese. In fact, I think she resembles her ex husband Marilyn Manson. Mr. MaddingCrowd said she looks like she is dipped in makeup and wax. I did wonder who the young women were with Kris Jenner-I'm guessing assistants of some kind.

The women seem like the usual type: most seem like they arrived from a bus from the women's prison. Many of the guys look like they came in from working a hot dog stand. I've always liked seeing Christina through-glad she can be tough with these yahoos.

• Love 7

The women seem like the usual type: most seem like they arrived from a bus from the women's prison. Many of the guys look like they came in from working a hot dog stand. I've always liked seeing Christina through-glad she can be tough with these yahoos.

Spot on.  They always look like they recruit from the food court at the mall.

• Love 3