Type keyword(s) to search

Skyler White

I'm up to S3 on netflix. I just can't begin to tell y'all how many times I've wished for this heifer to get hit by a bus. I cannot stand anything about her up until this point.

• Love 5
(edited)

Skyler was one of those TV characters where I feel totally different about the character than I would if she were a real life person.  Meaning, I hated the fictional character of Skyler...no matter what horrible things Walter did, I always rooted for him just because he was married to this passive-aggressive bitch.  However, if Skyler were a real person, even with the same personality, I would completely sympathize with her.

Edited by ByTor
(edited)

Honestly, I never understood why people hated Skyler so much.  She might have been a passive-aggressive nag, but she was nowhere near as despicable as Walt.  I never understood why she didn't just turn him in a long time ago -- I get that it's a horrible thing to turn the father of your children over to the cops, but still...

I watched the first season of Breaking Bad, and as far as I could tell, Skyler was initially nothing but loving and supportive.  The stuff like the veggie bacon and the infamous hj seemed like such little things.  And how would any of you feel if your spouse was suddenly disappearing, smoking pot, and keeping his/her terminally illness away from you?  Would you guys be upset?

Then again, there are some characters I hate that other people absolutely adore (*cough*XanderHarris*cough*), so to each his/her own opinion.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 10

I didn't really get the Skyler hate either.  She was perhaps a little annoying in the early stages, but I didn't see anything that warranted the intensely vitriolic reaction of so many fans.  I think the appeal of the show for a lot of people centered around vicariously living through Walt's decision to break bad and transform himself from meek school teacher to criminal mastermind, and they viewed Skyler as an obstacle to Walt fulfilling his bad ass destiny .  But eventually Skyler breaks bad herself and becomes an accomplice, and the vitriol did not abate much.  I viewed the series as a chronicle of Walt's decision to break bad and the spiraling set of consequences from that initial decision that kept drawing him and his family deeper and deeper into crime and danger, and from that perspective Skyler was an innocent victim and empathetic figure.  

• Love 6

I, for one, never hated Skyler. And I was just shocked at the amount of hate she got, as well as death threats. Like calm down, people! She's just acting!

I don't have any strong defenses for her, except if you can imagine being in her shoes. Like how would you feel if your husband had been building a drug empire behind your back? Then there's the uproar about Skyler cheating on Walt, yet when Walt manipulates and kills people, we're cool about it. People make bad choices when they're emotional or learn devastating news. Hell, Walt starts cooking meth after he learns he has cancer! That's so heavy that you might find yourself doing misguided things.

As for why Skyler didn't just left Walt, I felt she had to be there to protect her family and keep Walt clean so there won't be a lot of destruction. She knows how terrible it would be for Walt Jr and Holly to remember their dad as a drug kingpin.

I wouldn't say Skyler is a strong female character, but she gets a bad reputation that's totally undeserved. Anna Gunn has impressed me a couple of times in the last half of S5 with her acting. Like in Ozymandias, when Walt is saying abuse to her on the phone to make it seem like she's not involved in his crimes, and she realizes what he's doing and goes along with it. And lastly in the finale, when Walt tells her that he did everything for himself. The look on her face when he said that was great because she finally saw the man she once loved who was completely honest with her. And the way she reached for Walt but pulled back.

If no one would give Anna Gunn praise for appearing in one of the greatest shows of all time, then I will.

• Love 10

The only thing I hated about Skyler was how many damned times she had to say "car wash" throughout the series. For some reason it just grated every time she said it in the show! Other than that, I think she was a great and greatly flawed character. The best kind to watch!

Honestly, I never understood why people hated Skyler so much.  She might have been a passive-aggressive nag, but she was nowhere near as despicable as Walt.  I never understood why she didn't just turn him in a long time ago -- I get that it's a horrible thing to turn the father of your children over to the cops, but still...

I'm not so sure what's hard to understand.  The lure of the show is Walt taking risks and seeing how he'll manage to get away with it.  Skyler was just one giant stick-in-the-mud from the very beginning.

I think there's a huge difference in sympathizing with a character and sympathizing with the kind of person a character represents.  Walt was a good character and a bad person.  It's insulting for people like Gilligan and Gunn to get bent out of shape about how viewers reacted to Walt and Skyler, because Walt was a sympathetic character in the midst of a long transition from good to evil, while Skyler was an incessant nag from day one.  Just because Skyler is eventually put into a position where any reasonable person should feel sorry for her doesn't suddenly make her less annoying.

I think she passed the annoying hat to Jesse in the last season, however.

• Love 3

She wasn't a 'stick in the mud', Starscream, she was a suburban wife and mother who loved and trusted her family and her world was turned upside down because her husband became a murdering methamphetamine producer and distributor. 

I completely side with Anna Gunn on this and I'm sick to death of people making SKYLER out to be the villain when WALT is the actual criminal. There are levels and depths to both sides of each character, and it by no means is black and white. But to turn Walter's wife into some kind of scapegoat for HIS BEHAVIOR is flat out ridiculous and misogynistic crap.

• Love 16

Being the character who has to always ask what the lead is hiding is never a fun job. It's understandable but not much fun to watch. But once Skyler found out, she got was more interesting and we got more depth to the character. She was partly his victim but partly his partner in crime (much like Jesse). The only times I hated her where the same times and for the same reasons I hated Walt. Sticking by Walt and helping him make that "confession" tape after Hank and Marie found out was despicable. I hated that she would do that to her own sister and to the very end never made move to fix things with her. Marie made all the moves and she was a true victim who lost her husband because of Walt and Skyler. But I never hated her until all of that happened and believe me I hated Walt for it just as much.

• Love 2

She wasn't a 'stick in the mud', Starscream, she was a suburban wife and mother who loved and trusted her family and her world was turned upside down because her husband became a murdering methamphetamine producer and distributor.

She's both, of course.

• Love 1

I think the fact that so many people detested the Skyler character is actually a testament to Anna Gunn's acting; even I got irritated with her, but I realized at some point that I wouldn't be so annoyed with Skyler if I wasn't so invested in her; her annoying habits and nagging behavior FELT real and made her so real to me as a viewer.  As someone upthread mentioned, in real life she would be the person that I would side with completely and not Walter of course. But things are different in the world of tv. 

I watched all 5 seasons in about a month. I heard about all the hate Skyler got, but did not really see why. Yes, she could be annoying sometimes but I sympathized with her. Her husband was a psychopath, I was surprised that she stuck by him the entire time. I figured she'd be the one turn on him over Jessie, but she didn't.

I suppose it might be different to see the whole series in one go then watching it over time because I hated Walt and was waiting for him to get caught or die. Don't get me wrong he was a great character and Bryan Cranston was amazing but Walt was such a selfish remorseless psycho  that I couldn't root for him. I enjoyed watching him and cheered when he finally died. 

• Love 4

Skylar annoyed me in early seasons, before Walt went so totally hard ass, because she was sleeping with a man who ripped off his own company so he could have things like a heated bathroom floor while condemning the man who was cooking meth to provide for his family after his inevitable death.  I just didn't like the woman and, although I knew what Walt was doing was wrong, he was at least doing it for the right reasons.  Of course, as time wore on and it became obvious (to me anyway) that Walt was a flippin psychopath with delusions of grandeur, my hate for Skylar came down a few notches....but I still never really liked her.

• Love 2

Skyler didn't even begin her short-lived affair until she discovered Walt's deception. She tried to separate from him and he wouldn't leave. Faced with no other choice she stayed in the house too, but that didn't mean she had to pretend their marriage wasn't in dire straits. Her dumb affair was ill-conceived, but at least it gave her a bit of respite from the fear, anxiety, and frustration of what her sham of a pretense had become. Was it childish? Yes. Nobody's perfect all the time.

• Love 6

I don't even count her fling with Ted as an affair and it bothered me that they would always refer to it as such. Walt and Skyler were not together at the time. Not really. Walt forced his way back into the house but Skyler didn't want him there and considered them separated. She was caught in an awful situation so if she wanted to screw around with Ted, more power to her.

• Love 7

My problem was not so much with her screwing him because, as Sweet Tee pointed out, she and Walt were separated for all intents and purposes.  My issue (at that time) came from the fact that she had no problem with Ted stealing to support a lavish lifestyle but condemned Walt for doing what he was doing for the good of his family.

• Love 2

I hated her from the minute she gave Walt a hand job on his BIRTHDAY while watching an eBay auction and then acting annoyed because he wasn't enjoying it enough. This is what I think of whenever Anna Gunn whines about people not liking her. Granted, it was totally different later on, but I had a hard time liking her after that. Also when she went to four corners and decided to stay with him. All she had to do was leave and she didn't. She should have known the kids would find out about him eventually, and so that to me implies she kind of liked the lifestyle he was providing with the illegal stuff.

I never thought she enjoyed any particular "lifestyle" as far as Walt's money went, but I DO think she enjoyed being able to pay Hank's medical bills...and not in a "I am so glad I can help out my sister" kind of way.  I never much cared for Marie either because I felt like she was one of those people who make everything about them.  Although Skylar didn't lord the fact that she was paying the bills over Marie's head or anything, I felt like there was a part of her that enjoyed being the one to bail out the sister who seemed to always be pitying her for some reason or another.

• Love 3
I hated her from the minute she gave Walt a hand job on his BIRTHDAY while watching an eBay auction and then acting annoyed because he wasn't enjoying it enough.

I watched BB on Netflix until the last few episodes (which I watched "live" as I was caught up) and this scene wasn't on Netflix, right? I read a column somewhere that posited that those who didn't see that scene felt differently from the jump compared to people who did. I still have never seen it, but I will say that though Skyler could be a nag, I didn't think that was a fatal flaw or terrible sin and it didn't make me dislike her at all. Almost immediately, she has to deal with her husband turning into a liar/secret-hider, then deal with the fact that he has terminal cancer, then deal with the fact that aside from the cancer he's still being a secret-hiding liar about something, and then that he's a drug dealer. All while she's pregnant. I'm one who liked Skyler a lot, was really disappointed that she ultimately took the path of least resistance when she found out the truth, and only started to dislike her when she decided she was pretty much all-in with Walt. I still had some sympathy in there somewhere (that whole episode where she tries to drown herself), but was truly disgusted by her making the video to discredit Hank. Lots of complicated things going on with her...

Edited by mattie0808
  • Love 1

mattie0808, the hand job scene was on the Netflix version (I watched the entire series on Netflix).  It's in episode 1, I believe.  I didn't hate Skylar watching it, but I did feel sorry for Walt since it seemed like a half-assed hand job was the best he could expect from his wife.

I had almost forgotten that Skylar was in on that whole "discredit Hank" video.  That was truly one of the most vile things the two of them did.  Hank didn't deserve to be thrown under the bus just because he was trying to do his job.  I had a feeling, once Skylar made the comment that she didn't go through with the divorce because wives couldn't be forced to testify against their husbands, that Hank was going to try to bully her into it at some point.  I think he was honestly shocked when she wouldn't just start spilling her guts in the diner after he told her he knew what Walt had been up to.  Honestly, if she hadn't known about it or had been forced/threatened into silence (which seemed to be the direction Hank was coming at her from at first), how could be expect her to get news like that and then be able to calmly start talking about it in a diner?!

Speaking of that episode, my Marie hate became solidified when she tried to walk out of the house with Holly.  Who the hell did she think she was?  I could understand her slapping Skylar.  After all that happened, I could totally get behind that slap, but to actually try to kidnap her niece while Skylar stood there screaming at her to give her back her baby?  Oh HELL no.  I wanted to see Sky just deck the bitch after that.

Edited by ladyrott
  • Love 1
mattie0808, the hand job scene was on the Netflix version (I watched the entire series on Netflix).  It's in episode 1, I believe.

Interesting, ladyrott! After I read your post I went back to Netflix and checked, and it's there. But I knew I hadn't seen it and that it was a discussion point somewhere...so some "hand job"-related Google searches later (lol), I found this by Sepinwall...

(*) [The hand job scene] was cut (along with several other scenes, including one where Skyler and Marie discuss the results of the auction, and the state of Skyler and Walt's marriage) from the pilot after the first few AMC airings. The DVD and iTunes versions are the original 58-minute version, while Netflix has lately been streaming the 48-minute version that doesn't have that scene. I wonder how people who started the show recently via Netflix feel about Skyler versus those who were first exposed to her with the longer pilot.

So I'm not crazy! But now I need to rewatch the pilot, I'd forgotten there were other scenes cut from the pilot by Netflix at that time, I assume I've never seen those before either. I do wonder if there's any beyond-anecdotal connection between missing that scene and liking Skyler more/hating Skyler less (at least at the beginning or earlier on).

Edited by mattie0808
  • Love 1

I think the difference for me is I saw Walt go from doing it for his family to psychotic asshole in one month, so Sklyer's reactions did not seem that bad to me. I felt for her most of the time, Walt murdered people in cold blood without an ounce of remorse, forced himself back into her life and threatened her if she ever told anyone about him. Then the real kicker for me is, he didn't even think he did anything wrong with all of that. 

Skyler was definitely annoying but Walt's crazy rage actions were 10x more annoying imo. He would go from 0 to 100 in about 2 seconds when something didn't go his way. Skyler was pretty much loyal to him until the end, I respected that. So I couldn't hate her. Plus I found Marie much more annoying then her.

• Love 6

I liked (or didn't HATE) Skylar up until the moment when she suggested that Walt kill Jesse after he doused their home in gasoline.  Sure, she wasn't privvy to the hell that Walt had put Jesse through, but seriously contemplating the murder of someone was when it was clear to me that Walt had also turned Skylar into a monster, too.

• Love 1

Skyler White:  Taking the Talking Pillow

Bwahaha!!! I think that was the episode I thought "omg, please somebody launch this beotch into outerspace, kthx"... she was just an absolute pill in Season 1. And you know, it's not that (at least) most of the time she was justified. But she was just such an unrelenting harpy. And at that time, Walt is still just this bumbling, pathetic science teacher, in over his head, trying to cook up some meth to pay for his cancer treatment and leave his family a modest nest egg - $700k and some change was his pie in the sky goal, remember? My, how things changed...

She was everything you said, and also, really fricking annoying.

I hated her from the minute she gave Walt a hand job on his BIRTHDAY while watching an eBay auction and then acting annoyed because he wasn't enjoying it enough. This is what I think of whenever Anna Gunn whines about people not liking her. 

That scene, IMO, perfectly illustrates how everything about Walt's life before meth was underwhelming and pathetic. I also feel like the dynamic between Skyler and Walt had given her the upperhand because he always seemed to be snivelling and grovelling. I just watched the finale, and there is a scene that looks back on the first season where he and Jesse need to stay in the desert longer to finish a cook. Walt walks away to figure out what hes going to tell Skyler about coming home late, and he just sounds like a nervous subordinate, tryng to fgure out something palatable and pleasing to tell The Boss. Of course, its a stark contrast to the Walt of later seasons.

Skyler was also about 10 years younger and more attractive than Walt, even when adjusting for the age dfference. He always seems simultaneously grateful for her, and tired of the grovelling dynamic between them.

I liked (or didn't HATE) Skylar up until the moment when she suggested that Walt kill Jesse after he doused their home in gasoline.  Sure, she wasn't privvy to the hell that Walt had put Jesse through, but seriously contemplating the murder of someone was when it was clear to me that Walt had also turned Skylar into a monster, too.

Jesse is probably my favourite character in the series, but I actually don't fault Skyler for this at all. Jesse almost burned down their family home and for all she knew, posed a further threat to herself, Walt and their children. I'd want him dead too. 

• Love 1

Skyler was one of the smartest characters on the show. I liked her all through.

With one exception: the fuss she made about Marie's boosting that tiara. 

Love Skyler's oft-ignored intellect.   To be fair, I have to give that one to Skyler, though.  She gets a ridiculously useless and pretentious gift that she tries to return in good faith, and is busted for thievery.  Marie, as usual, refuses to acknowledge the theft, or in any way act like a human being with her own fucking heavily pregnant sister - deny, deny, deny.  I'd lose every bit of shit I ever had if someone acted that way with me.

• Love 6

I hated her from the minute she gave Walt a hand job on his BIRTHDAY while watching an eBay auction and then acting annoyed because he wasn't enjoying it enough. This is what I think of whenever Anna Gunn whines about people not liking her. Granted, it was totally different later on, but I had a hard time liking her after that. 

Yes this, and she nagged him too about the lawnmowing.  What did she think would happen?  She seemed totally self-absorbed to me pretending to do something for him and seemed so patronising.  I wouldn't say I hated her but I instantly disliked her from that moment on.

Jesse is probably my favourite character in the series, but I actually don't fault Skyler for this at all. Jesse almost burned down their family home and for all she knew, posed a further threat to herself, Walt and their children. I'd want him dead too. 

But...but...he complimented her green beans! Did that mean nothing

One thing that disappointed me when I got through all five seasons is that there was so little Skyler/Jesse interaction. I thought their scene early in the series was amusing, when he's moving the body and she's all "You stay away from my husband!" and he's trying desperately to get rid of her by telling her what she wants to hear, and soccer mom is so surprised by her apparent success in cowing an honest-to-goodness drug dealer. "You might want to consider another line of work." I had been looking at EW's ranking of all 60 episodes but only reading the actual reviews once I saw the episodes, because I didn't want to learn too much about plot twists, and when I saw that picture from S5 of Jesse, Walt, and Skyler sitting at the table together, I thought there was going to be a storyline in which they collaborated in crime. But it was just the world's most uncomfortable dinner.  

Weirdly, I saw the 58-minute DVD cut and the hand-job scene had little to no impact on my feelings about the character. I just thought that was typical pilot-speak -- a slightly too broad way of showing that their marriage was not especially romantic these days, and such sex as there was was clinical multitasking with the nag calling the shots over the milquetoast, and even the thing that was supposedly "for him" was like another obligation to him. Then they could contrast it with the other bed scene of Walt, post crime, roughly asserting himself. But I already disliked her by the hand-job scene. She opposite-of-had me at veggie bacon. I never really liked/enjoyed her (not even when she was playing bimbo for the IRS guy), but she eventually won a measure of my sympathy in S5 when she seemed so beaten down and trapped. That bedroom argument scene was powerful, when she admitted that she wasn't as good at lying and scheming as Walt, but was just hoping he would die already. Anna Gunn did a good job over the course of the series with a role that was somehow both rich in possibilities and thankless.  

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
  • Love 2

I hated her from the minute she gave Walt a hand job on his BIRTHDAY while watching an eBay auction and then acting annoyed because he wasn't enjoying it enough. This is what I think of whenever Anna Gunn whines about people not liking her.

In Anna Gunn's defense, weren't a lot of her complaints about dislike of the Skyler character spilling over into dislike of Anna Gunn herself?  I swear I heard that it went as far as her getting threats.  I couldn't stand Skyler, but those people need to get a grip! Did they think that Anna Gunn was such a bad actress that she went to the set & played herself, so in their minds if Skyler is a bitch Anna must be one too???

• Love 6

In Anna Gunn's defense, weren't a lot of her complaints about dislike of the Skyler character spilling over into dislike of Anna Gunn herself?  I swear I heard that it went as far as her getting threats.  I couldn't stand Skyler, but those people need to get a grip! Did they think that Anna Gunn was such a bad actress that she went to the set & played herself, so in their minds if Skyler is a bitch Anna must be one too???

I think basically, it boils down to this: some people are really dumb.

• Love 4

Don't hurt yourselves, guys. (Help me come up with a title.  One that's fit for print).

I suppose my candidates would be some of her quotes

Someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family

Am I under arrest?  Am I Under Arrest?  AM I UNDER ARREST!

• Love 1

I never really understood the dislike of Skyler AT ALL. I mean saying you hated her for giving her husband a half hearted handjob on his birthday as a reason for a series long hate always seemed silly to me. First she was like eight months pregnant and second there is nothing written in the marriage vows stating that a man gets sex on his birthday.

I understand that everyone has the right to their opinion but that reason always felt like first episodeitis to me. And judging a character on their first episode has never been a good idea.

• Love 7

I never hated Skyler and never thought a man should get sex on his birthday. But she offered, seemed to feel like she was doing this amazing thing for him while being much more engaged with her own interests, then surprised when he didn't respond, like he owed her. I did dislike her from the halfhearted hand job on, to me it said a lot about how little respect she had for Walt and treated him like a child which she did repeatedly throughout the series. But I would have been happy to change my mind about her but found her ongoing behavior really unpleasant.  I did feel a bit sorry for her at the end but she made decisions out of self-interest that got her there.

• Love 1

Skyler was one of the smartest characters on the show. I liked her all through.

With one exception: the fuss she made about Marie's boosting that tiara.

Skylar had her moments, like coming up with the fake environmental charges against Bogdan, but she was an absolute moron when it came to money laundering.

She claimed to know all about it and know more than Saul (who actually knew what he was doing) but she went to Wikipedia to learn how to do it.

Then, she obsessed over the insignificant details of "The Story" and buying that one, specific car wash and much of her "logic" of "The Story" made no sense at all.

They had supposedly won over a million dollars in gambling winnings, for which Saul provided phony 1099s, and had money to buy a car wash, but "The Story" was that they needed an extension on a utility bill, and couldn't afford a bottle of wine, a car for Junior???

She also should not have been working to grow the legitimate revenue at the car wash, as that only left less room for laundering the drug money.

But worst of all, when Walt brought in more money than expected she not only failed to launder it, but piled it all up in a single self storage locker. Totally moronic. She could have at least spread it around across a few hiding places in case of a robbery, fire or government seizure.

Bwahaha!!! I think that was the episode I thought "omg, please somebody launch this beotch into outerspace, kthx"... she was just an absolute pill in Season 1. And you know, it's not that (at least) most of the time she was justified. But she was just such an unrelenting harpy. And at that time, Walt is still just this bumbling, pathetic science teacher, in over his head, trying to cook up some meth to pay for his cancer treatment and leave his family a modest nest egg - $700k and some change was his pie in the sky goal, remember? My, how things changed...

She was everything you said, and also, really fricking annoying.

That scene, IMO, perfectly illustrates how everything about Walt's life before meth was underwhelming and pathetic. I also feel like the dynamic between Skyler and Walt had given her the upperhand because he always seemed to be snivelling and grovelling. I just watched the finale, and there is a scene that looks back on the first season where he and Jesse need to stay in the desert longer to finish a cook. Walt walks away to figure out what hes going to tell Skyler about coming home late, and he just sounds like a nervous subordinate, tryng to fgure out something palatable and pleasing to tell The Boss. Of course, its a stark contrast to the Walt of later seasons.

Skyler was also about 10 years younger and more attractive than Walt, even when adjusting for the age dfference. He always seems simultaneously grateful for her, and tired of the grovelling dynamic between them.

I thought Skylar was annoying and often an idiot, bu I totally agree about her wanting Jesse dead at that point. Walt was the one being an idiot about Jesse at that point. He should have "sent him to Belize" long before that, in fact. The moment, after his beating from Hank when he defiantly announced he was going to continue cooking on his own and, if ever caught, would use Walt as his get out of jail free card, "Old Yeller" needed to be put down.

Of course, Walt's loyalty to Jesse and Hank made his character far more likable and drove much of the plot, so I understand why the writers let him live, but I certainly couldn't blame Skylar's character for wanting Jesse dead.

• Love 1

I never really understood the dislike of Skyler AT ALL. I mean saying you hated her for giving her husband a half hearted handjob on his birthday as a reason for a series long hate always seemed silly to me.

I agree. The reason I couldn't stand Skyler was because she was a know-it-all, self righteous nag. And her nagging ways didn't stop at Walt, but extended to Marie. I did, however, think she was a decent mom to Flynn. The one time I enjoyed her was when she tried to get Ted out of trouble with the IRS and did the ditzy "Quicken is great!" act.

I suppose my candidates would be some of her quotes

Someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family

Am I under arrest?  Am I Under Arrest?  AM I UNDER ARREST!

I liked the TWoP title "Happy Birthday Mr. President" :)
  • Love 1

Skyler bugged the hell out of me for many reasons but the 1rst main problem I had with her was when she visited Jesse about selling Walt weed.  First of all it was incredibly stupid to go to a drug dealers house and confront them but Walt had cancer.  Many cancer patients use weed, it is helpful to them but she didn't even think about that, she just hightailed it over there to confront a strange man who she knew was a dealer.  Idiot.

The biggest dumbass mistake in the entire series of dumbass mistake after dumbass mistake was Skyler giving all their money to Ted.  No discussion with Walt, she just did it. It was insane!  If she had not have done this then they would have left town then with the new identities.  Every horrible thing that Walt did after this was also Skyler's fault.  

I like the thread name "A cashier at a carwash."

I never disliked Skyler.  She was in a bad situation and under stress, so I could give her a pass on a lot of things.  Walt was no prize and I understood her frustration and anger with him.

My sister is currently binge watching BB and she said to me, "Walt's wife is kind of annoying."   I laughed and told her a lot of people feel that way.

• Love 5

Skyler bugged the hell out of me for many reasons but the 1rst main problem I had with her was when she visited Jesse about selling Walt weed.  First of all it was incredibly stupid to go to a drug dealers house and confront them but Walt had cancer.  Many cancer patients use weed, it is helpful to them but she didn't even think about that, she just hightailed it over there to confront a strange man who she knew was a dealer.  Idiot.

The biggest dumbass mistake in the entire series of dumbass mistake after dumbass mistake was Skyler giving all their money to Ted.  No discussion with Walt, she just did it. It was insane!  If she had not have done this then they would have left town then with the new identities.  Every horrible thing that Walt did after this was also Skyler's fault.  

I like the thread name "A cashier at a carwash."

I have to disagree here.  Skyler is not to blame for Hank and Gomez's death, or for Walt turning Jesse over to the Nazis to be tortured, beaten, and imprisoned like an animal.  Her bonehead move with Ted was also driven by the fact that she had to launder her husband's drug money.  And it's not that she could get out of the marriage after Walt's chilling threats (well, she could have, but would you have defied Walter White?)  Once Walt starts in the drug business, Skyler's actions are tainted by that association and that lens.  

That being said, I do find her annoying.  But not a monstrous human being, like Walt.

• Love 2