Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Beauties And The Beat

• Start Topic

Then why the fuck she always mad nobody likes her stank ass. 

If it's her job to be a villain then why isn't it Porsha or Phaedra's job to be her nemesis. Why does this bitch get excuse after excuse made for her? I would have shoved that bullhorn up her fake ass and any time she looked at me cross eyed I'd ask if Detroit wanted some more. Man fuck her for real. I've never disliked anyone I didn't know as much except George Bush.

I think it probably is their job, they just don't realize it.  Nothing about what either of them does suggests to me that they are putting on.  I think Porsha is too stupid to even try to act like anything other than a THOT, and Pheadra's "act" is the faux belle routine and so when she drops that its because she is no longer "acting."

But Kenya almost always feels like she is purposefully dramatic and over the top to be a villain.  To me, its so clearly an act.  Which is why she never really refuses to shoot with people, and doesn't refuse to show up to events or anything else.  She is always quick to make amends, no matter what the situation. You could tell Nene took it seriously because every real or perceived slight was a blood feud and she would drag it out forever, even if the other person apologized or made amends.  I can't think of anytime Kenya wouldn't meet with someone she had trouble with, make amends, and kinda just let it go.  After she and Phaedra spoke in Manila, I don't remember her bringing up the Apollo situation, or Phaedra all that much (maybe in the TH).  I think this meeting with Cynthia/Kim has been the first event that I can remember Kenya not showing up to.  And she has shown up to events even though everyone there pretty much hates her.  I think if she was serious, she would simply avoid going to those events.  But for her, it really seems like its mostly a job.

People ding Kenya for hiring Walter to be her boyfriend, but if she did, than that also comports with idea that she is putting on an act for the purpose of the show.  She needed a boyfriend for her role, she hired someone to play her boyfriend.  She didn't go out and desperately wait at the prison gate like Pheadra.  She didn't even go on Match.com -- she found an old friend and hired him.

I don't quite understand people condoning outright violence for grown women.  Porsha is stupid so she doesn't know how to use her words, which I guess explains her actions.  However, even with her pea brain she should have known to leave, instead of opting for those few seconds of satisfaction.  Because now she has a record and probably had to pay some fines.

But ultimately, if you hate her, she is doing her job!

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 3

I thought, after last season, that Nene was done.  Didn't she make some comments about how she was never going back to the Housewives shows?  I knew she couldn't resist the limelight, but seeing her back now reinforces my dislike of her. 

• Love 5

She is always quick to make amends, no matter what the situation.

When has she made amends for anything? Did she apologize for flirting with Apollo or just pretend she never suggested a threesome? Does she still throw shade at Phaedra? Did she apologize for bringing up that Phaedra and Kandi had dated Monique's husband? Did she apologize for coming for Sheree before Sheree could even say hello. For conspiring with Claudia to get Porsha fired; because really what were those repeated "Hey girl" interactions about. Did she ever apologize for putting her hands on Nene? I mean I get being the designated shit stirrer but that's not what she does. She deliberately and maliciously goes after people then pulls the "my mama didn't love me" card. Fuck her. I had a horrible abusive relationship with my mother and I went to therapy. What the fuck is this grown ass woman's excuse.

I don't quite understand people condoning outright violence for grown women.

I don't understand excusing bad behavior to the extent Kenya takes it as acting. Why shouldn't she face the consequences of her threats? "Don't come for me unless I send for you" she should really stop saying that since she came for Porsha and got sent away. 

• Love 9

When has she made amends for anything? Did she apologize for flirting with Apollo or just pretend she never suggested a threesome? Does she still throw shade at Phaedra? Did she apologize for bringing up that Phaedra and Kandi had dated Monique's husband? Did she apologize for coming for Sheree before Sheree could even say hello. For conspiring with Claudia to get Porsha fired; because really what were those repeated "Hey girl" interactions about. Did she ever apologize for putting her hands on Nene? I mean I get being the designated shit stirrer but that's not what she does. She deliberately and maliciously goes after people then pulls the "my mama didn't love me" card. Fuck her. I had a horrible abusive relationship with my mother and I went to therapy. What the fuck is this grown ass woman's excuse.

I don't understand excusing bad behavior to the extent Kenya takes it as acting. Why shouldn't she face the consequences of her threats? "Don't come for me unless I send for you" she should really stop saying that since she came for Porsha and got sent away. 

Lets see, right off the bat I can think of at least three times: 1) Savannah with Phaedra, 2) Porsha at the mexican restaurant, 3) meeting with Kandi at the start of last season at the aerial yoga place, 4) Manila with Phaedra, and 5) her immediate apology to Nene when she was late for the weird PJ party.  

Making amends doesn't mean just outright apologizing, but rather to make things right or improve a relationship.  And Kenya has almost always shown a willingness to do that.

The threesome invitation was nothing more than her asking Phaedra who she would allow Apollo to have a threesome with.  That has been blown so out of proportion, as to become something less than a half truth.  It was the same pot stirring question that a person would expect of Kenya, the same type of pot stirring questions/statements she has made so many times in the past that its just part of what she does at this point.  She never once said that she wanted any part of a threesome with the two of them.  And I truly don't think she wanted any part of Apollo, because if she wanted him, she could have had him.  But, she didn't want any part of him, or any part of that situation.

She throws shade at Pheadra, but its the same way all the women throw shade at each other in the TH.  And none of the shade that I've recently seen has been about the beef between the two of them over Apollo. Are you expecting all the women to apologize for shade throwing?  Because, if so, Pheadra's apology will take at least an entire episode.

I have never heard her blame her mother for her bad behavior, I've heard her say that she may not be as open or able to maintain a relationship because of that relationship.  If anything, she has used it more to explain why she doesn't feel she can have a normal romantic relationship.  

I'm not going to go into your situation versus her situation, because no two people are the same and no two situations are exactly the same.  I'll just say that I'm happy you found a way to be happy.

Why should she apologize for mentioning who dated who?  Would you expect anyone else from the show who brought that up to apologize for bringing up a fact?  That is the shit-stirring that shows like this thrive on, so I don't see why she would apologize for that. 

As for conspiring to get Porsha fired, Porsha got her own self fired for her violent behavior.  She has only herself to blame for getting fired/demoted.  LOL, are you really trying to say that Claudia talking to Porsha is proof that Kenya was trying to get her fired?  Do you have anything else to back that up?  Claudia seemed to want to get to know everyone....even Nene, who rejected her from the very start.  So, I don't see how Claudia trying to get to know people is a sign that she is conspiring to get them fired.   Kenya made her point and got what she wanted, Porsha was demoted and lost her peach.  Kenya honestly didn't seem to spend much, if any time, concerned about Porsha last year.  I could maybe see where the producers gave Cynthia the idea that a beef with Porsha might be a good storyline because they worked together, so RS and Dish Nation could get some airtime and because Cynthia was positioned as Kenya's friend.  But, ultimately, it was Porsha who made the decision to be rude to Cynthia when she approached her.  If she had acted like a civilized human being there would have been no strife.

The "consequences" of saying words isn't violence in a grown up world.  That is the sort of "consequence" you save for the school playground.  Its scary to me that people think violence is honestly a reasonable response to someone talking.  But this is why we have jails, for people like Porsha.  She came for Porsha, and Porsha ended up with the record.

LOL, the granddaughter of a civil rights leader who used non-violence in the face of being called much, much, much worse in life and managed not to feel the need to hit anyone. Porsha isn't even smart enough to feel shame for the sort of behavior that would have sickened her own grandfather.

Kenya is playing a role, if you see it differently, thats your point of view.  She is the designated villain of the show, and really, what are you left with if she was gone?  

Dummy Porsha who doesn't quite know all her letters and numbers yet

Sanctimonious Kim who probably needs a modified filming schedule already for "the kids"

Faux-Belle Phaedra

Kandi, who doesn't want to mess up her image on the show

Cynthia, whose husband is probably a more interesting HW

Nene used to be the villain and that was fine, except that she really took things seriously.  So, she didn't want to film this, or film that, or she had demands.  Because these are really blood feuds to her and she is serious about it.  I find Kenya much more entertaining.

But again, you hate her, and thats great for her.  It keeps her in a job.

• Love 4

Lets see, right off the bat I can think of at least three times: 1) Savannah with Phaedra, 2) Porsha at the mexican restaurant, 3) meeting with Kandi at the start of last season at the aerial yoga place, 4) Manila with Phaedra, and 5) her immediate apology to Nene when she was late for the weird PJ party.  

Making amends doesn't mean just outright apologizing, but rather to make things right or improve a relationship.  And Kenya has almost always shown a willingness to do that.

The threesome invitation was nothing more than her asking Phaedra who she would allow Apollo to have a threesome with.  That has been blown so out of proportion, as to become something less than a half truth.  It was the same pot stirring question that a person would expect of Kenya, the same type of pot stirring questions/statements she has made so many times in the past that its just part of what she does at this point.  She never once said that she wanted any part of a threesome with the two of them.  And I truly don't think she wanted any part of Apollo, because if she wanted him, she could have had him.  But, she didn't want any part of him, or any part of that situation.

She throws shade at Pheadra, but its the same way all the women throw shade at each other in the TH.  And none of the shade that I've recently seen has been about the beef between the two of them over Apollo. Are you expecting all the women to apologize for shade throwing?  Because, if so, Pheadra's apology will take at least an entire episode.

I have never heard her blame her mother for her bad behavior, I've heard her say that she may not be as open or able to maintain a relationship because of that relationship.  If anything, she has used it more to explain why she doesn't feel she can have a normal romantic relationship.  

I'm not going to go into your situation versus her situation, because no two people are the same and no two situations are exactly the same.  I'll just say that I'm happy you found a way to be happy.

Why should she apologize for mentioning who dated who?  Would you expect anyone else from the show who brought that up to apologize for bringing up a fact?  That is the shit-stirring that shows like this thrive on, so I don't see why she would apologize for that. 

As for conspiring to get Porsha fired, Porsha got her own self fired for her violent behavior.  She has only herself to blame for getting fired/demoted.  LOL, are you really trying to say that Claudia talking to Porsha is proof that Kenya was trying to get her fired?  Do you have anything else to back that up?  Claudia seemed to want to get to know everyone....even Nene, who rejected her from the very start.  So, I don't see how Claudia trying to get to know people is a sign that she is conspiring to get them fired.   Kenya made her point and got what she wanted, Porsha was demoted and lost her peach.  Kenya honestly didn't seem to spend much, if any time, concerned about Porsha last year.  I could maybe see where the producers gave Cynthia the idea that a beef with Porsha might be a good storyline because they worked together, so RS and Dish Nation could get some airtime and because Cynthia was positioned as Kenya's friend.  But, ultimately, it was Porsha who made the decision to be rude to Cynthia when she approached her.  If she had acted like a civilized human being there would have been no strife.

The "consequences" of saying words isn't violence in a grown up world.  That is the sort of "consequence" you save for the school playground.  Its scary to me that people think violence is honestly a reasonable response to someone talking.  But this is why we have jails, for people like Porsha.  She came for Porsha, and Porsha ended up with the record.

LOL, the granddaughter of a civil rights leader who used non-violence in the face of being called much, much, much worse in life and managed not to feel the need to hit anyone. Porsha isn't even smart enough to feel shame for the sort of behavior that would have sickened her own grandfather.

Kenya is playing a role, if you see it differently, thats your point of view.  She is the designated villain of the show, and really, what are you left with if she was gone?  

Dummy Porsha who doesn't quite know all her letters and numbers yet

Sanctimonious Kim who probably needs a modified filming schedule already for "the kids"

Faux-Belle Phaedra

Kandi, who doesn't want to mess up her image on the show

Cynthia, whose husband is probably a more interesting HW

Nene used to be the villain and that was fine, except that she really took things seriously.  So, she didn't want to film this, or film that, or she had demands.  Because these are really blood feuds to her and she is serious about it.  I find Kenya much more entertaining.

But again, you hate her, and thats great for her.  It keeps her in a job.

IMO, just mine, a big part of the problem the others have with her IS that she is "ACTING" and not being honest about anything, even her "apologies" are part of her act. She hasn't shown anything about her real life off camera, she has shared very little about her life at all until this season and low and behold....she has a book to sell, hence the family stuff this season. Maybe if Kenya showed her true honest self on camera during filming, the others would respond to her better but until then, they can NOT trust her and I, for 1, don't blame them. JMO though

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

Kim may be a little snooty, but she's a gracious host. Regardless of their level of makeup when they showed up, she welcomed them as a proper host should. Kenya griped about being a grown ass woman who will choose what she wants to wear, but for her costume party a few seasons ago, she dictated what each woman had to wear. While she gave the other women laudable muses, she chose a BAPS character for Porsha just to be evil. When Porsha wasn't stupid enough to show up as that rachet character, Kenya blew up and had her thrown out. Not much has changed since then. 

• Love 9

Kim may be a little snooty, but she's a gracious host. Regardless of their level of makeup when they showed up, she welcomed them as a proper host should. Kenya griped about being a grown ass woman who will choose what she wants to wear, but for her costume party a few seasons ago, she dictated what each woman had to wear. While she gave the other women laudable muses, she chose a BAPS character for Porsha just to be evil. When Porsha wasn't stupid enough to show up as that rachet character, Kenya blew up and had her thrown out. Not much has changed since then. 

Very true! Kenya is a "Do as I SAY.......NOT as I DO" type of person! LOL

• Love 4

I totally agree. While she wanted a more "natural" theme to her brunch, I don't feel that she pressured any of the ladies. Several of them showed up with full faces and she didn't make a big deal about it at all. She did try to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable, IMO.

• Love 5

I find it odd that someone could act so horrifically for so many seasons now, and it's all brushed away as "acting".  

I don't really see why I should entertain that as a thing, but if it is, the idea that you aren't a horrible person, but have decided to pretend to be one on "Reality" TV is kind of...a mess. Especially when her cast mates don't seem to be in on the joke. 

• Love 9

I find it odd that someone could act so horrifically for so many seasons now, and it's all brushed away as "acting".

I don't really see why I should entertain that as a thing, but if it is, the idea that you aren't a horrible person, but have decided to pretend to be one on "Reality" TV is kind of...a mess. Especially when her cast mates don't seem to be in on the joke.

Yes, Kenya is "acting" (eyeroll) the other women are real bitches that don't realize it's her job Mmmm k.

If I'm supposed to believe Kenya is not a crazy loon, am I also to believe that Nene is not a bossy egomaniac. Sorry I'm not buying it.

• Love 11

Self basting?

I just thought of something. Wasn't it just a few episodes back where we had a scene of Todd and Kandi and Todd was saying that he spoke to Apollo and he said that Phaedra never calls and he hasn't spoken to his children in forever?!?! Did I imagine that? Cut to last week and we have a scene with Aiden on the phone with his dad and judging by content of the conversation it seemed that wasn't their 1st phone call and they had indeed been in contact in the past.  That just struck me as odd. Todd and Kandi really just need to stay out of the Phae/Apollo situation period, but next week looks good and I am here for it. 

LOL! at Aiden. To heck with writing out a list for Santa. Just send him the whole dog gone Toys r us catalog. I tell you that boy is a genius! I wish I had thought of that at his age. 

My guess on the phone call issue is that Apollo is giving Todd his "woe is me" version of events and Todd is buying it.

That catalogue idea of Ayden's really is genius, LOL.

Then why the fuck she always mad nobody likes her stank ass.

If it's her job to be a villain then why isn't it Porsha or Phaedra's job to be her nemesis. Why does this bitch get excuse after excuse made for her? I would have shoved that bullhorn up her fake ass and any time she looked at me cross eyed I'd ask if Detroit wanted some more. Man fuck her for real. I've never disliked anyone I didn't know as much except George Bush.

I think it's hard to reconcile the seemingly intelligent, poised, beautiful Miss USA with the stank, nasty, mean, messy witch we see on TV every Sunday. I've come to believe that the Miss USA persona is the character and the Kenya we see now is the real her. For people who really like her, the belief is that this Kenya is the fake one.

I agree with you though. If Kenya is playing a part, then so are the rest of the women. Porsha is a genius who is playing up the stupid role and gets violent to keep ratings up, Nene is really a sweet and gracious lady who plays up the mean domineering queen bee role, Cynthia is really an alpha female who pretends to be a follower for a check, etc.

Sounds ridiculous when applied to everyone else but people truly believe this about Kenya.

• Love 7

I can´t stand Kim, she´s a judgy, preachy boar (not sure if I´m spelling it right, but either way it sort of works). I´ve never seen her act in anything so I didn´t expecting anything from her but still, I thought she would at least be a level-headed and smart person. So far she´s not done or said anything to make me enjoy her. I approve a take down of her stuck up ass, that´s for sure.

• Love 2

Nene just showed a pic of her without makeup.  She and Sheree just don't need makeup to look good

24311166514_b849645f70.jpg

What a difference when her makeup artist leaves behind the 5 o'clock shadow she was sporting for most of last season.  She looks great.  I never understand why most of them cake themselves in so much makeup.

• Love 3

Nene, you look gooooood, girl!  You need to fire all the stylists (hair, makeup, and wardrobe) that you had when you were in Jamaica or when you went to talk to Cynthia...they weren't doin a thing for ya.

• Love 2

Someone a while back asked why Nene had returned.  I had heard that she burned through all the dough she made and she's back because she has to earn some money.

Regarding the WHO and extended breastfeeding, in the developed world there's no real reason to do it other than desire. Breastfeeding helps reduce a few cases of respiratory illness and diarrhea across groups of babies until 6 months.  However, in the developing world babies are at risk from malnutrition and breastfeeding until two helps prevent that.  It also reduces risk from infectious diseases that are in water, and that's why the WHO says to breastfeed until 2.  The WHO gives health advice for everyone.  Breastfeeding a baby in the US until 2 won't harm it, but weaning at a year of age can harm a baby in, say, Ethiopia.  So Kandi can easily stop breastfeeding whenever she wants, and can safely formula feed for that matter.

Someone a while back asked why Nene had returned. I had heard that she burned through all the dough she made and she's back because she has to earn some money.

Regarding the WHO and extended breastfeeding, in the developed world there's no real reason to do it other than desire. Breastfeeding helps reduce a few cases of respiratory illness and diarrhea across groups of babies until 6 months. However, in the developing world babies are at risk from malnutrition and breastfeeding until two helps prevent that. It also reduces risk from infectious diseases that are in water, and that's why the WHO says to breastfeed until 2. The WHO gives health advice for everyone. Breastfeeding a baby in the US until 2 won't harm it, but weaning at a year of age can harm a baby in, say, Ethiopia. So Kandi can easily stop breastfeeding whenever she wants, and can safely formula feed for that matter.

I don't know. I mean formula is breast milk made for cows. I see lots of reasons to continue giving your baby breast milk made specifically for humans. It actually changes composition based on your baby's age, health, etc. Sure you CAN stop after 6 months, but why would you?

• Love 3

Someone a while back asked why Nene had returned.  I had heard that she burned through all the dough she made and she's back because she has to earn some money.

She isn't actually back.  She was asked to guest star for the jamaican trip.  However, Bravo is trying to bring her back full time but she has declined.  They are now trying to force her to come back.

• Love 1

She isn't actually back. She was asked to guest star for the jamaican trip. However, Bravo is trying to bring her back full time but she has declined. They are now trying to force her to come back.

I believe you on this. All the other rumors and spoilers about this season have turned out to be true.

Not only that but its pretty obvious her replacement Kim was a bust. Kandi and Cynthia are boring, Porsha's only stories were that manufactured fight with her sister and those lame dating stuff. Kenya's story was somewhat interesting but it was self contained and didn't involved the others. Phaedra didn't even have a plot line this year.

How much does NeNe make a season?

She isn't actually back.  She was asked to guest star for the jamaican trip.  However, Bravo is trying to bring her back full time but she has declined.  They are now trying to force her to come back.

Nene and the viewers are better off with Nenr being a friend of/ guest star.

Bravo has no pull to force her on the show, IMO.

• Love 1

I agree with you though. If Kenya is playing a part, then so are the rest of the women. Porsha is a genius who is playing up the stupid role and gets violent to keep ratings up, Nene is really a sweet and gracious lady who plays up the mean domineering queen bee role, Cynthia is really an alpha female who pretends to be a follower for a check, etc.

Sounds ridiculous when applied to everyone else but people truly believe this about Kenya.

Re-characterizing the other women to the point it's absurd just to defeat the notion that Kenya is playing a role is not really fair.  

If instead of saying Porsha is a secret genius, we say she is not nearly as shallow and selfish and man-hungry as she appears and she is actually exaggerating those behaviors for comedic/dramatic effect, it is more reasonable.  

Nene is not secretly sweet and gracious and faking being a Queen Bee, but she is putting on a big show of being a confident, secure *star* with a happy family.  I feel all that is very much a show for the cameras. 

Cynthia is in no way an alpha female who only pretends to be a doormat, but she does put on a nice show of having a bunch of different businesses.  However I believe her business career is largely a fiction that gives her something to do on the show.  

If the comparisons are made along those lines instead of in the extreme, viewing Kenya's behavior as the same kind of act the other women put on for the sake of the show makes plenty of sense.   

• Love 2

Do you have a link or source for this info? Because that's interesting.

It was mentioned on Reality Tea, Wetpaint, Straight to the A, and a news site. NBC owns both Bravo and E network and asked Nene to guest on RHOA when ratings started to slip. When ratings went up after her initial appearance, they tried to coerce her to come back full time for season 9

She also hosted the E after party for the Oscars

• Love 2

It was mentioned on Reality Tea, Wetpaint, Straight to the A, and a news site. NBC owns both Bravo and E network and asked Nene to guest on RHOA when ratings started to slip. When ratings went up after her initial appearance, they tried to coerce her to come back full time for season 9

She also hosted the E after party for the Oscars

Do you remember when it happened? Because there were pics last week of her and Greg leaving the Bravo offices in NY. I wonder if they were meeting about it then. Interesting.

What a difference when her makeup artist leaves behind the 5 o'clock shadow she was sporting for most of last season.  She looks great.  I never understand why most of them cake themselves in so much makeup.

I think it's for two reasons:

1--Women are told that as they age, they become ugly and undesirable, so they should do everything possible to hide the ageing process.

2--With rare exception, Black women are told that we're ugly and undesirable at any age, so the housewives feel constant pressure to glam themselves up with heavy makeup, long weaves, and plastic surgery. The fact that the show is in Hi-Def also means the makeup is different than it was previously and is probably heavier. 

Yes, I like that picture of NeNe without makeup. Very cute. And her facial features are in proportion to one another, more so than they are when she's on the show. 

I think it's for two reasons:

1--Women are told that as they age, they become ugly and undesirable, so they should do everything possible to hide the ageing process.

2--With rare exception, Black women are told that we're ugly and undesirable at any age, so the housewives feel constant pressure to glam themselves up with heavy makeup, long weaves, and plastic surgery. The fact that the show is in Hi-Def also means the makeup is different than it was previously and is probably heavier.

Yes, I like that picture of NeNe without makeup. Very cute. And her facial features are in proportion to one another, more so than they are when she's on the show.

Re: #2, I think most of us see that racist propaganda for what it really is. Damn near everything about us is imitated and praised when it's attached to others.

I think it's more so that excessive makeup is simply the current trend. 20 years ago the girl-next-door/natural makeup look was in. Right now it's overdone glam. The pendulum will swing back soon enough. I hope. Because I can't contour to save my life.

Re: #2, I think most of us see that racist propaganda for what it really is. Damn near everything about us is imitated and praised when it's attached to others.

I think it's more so that excessive makeup is simply the current trend. 20 years ago the girl-next-door/natural makeup look was in. Right now it's overdone glam. The pendulum will swing back soon enough. I hope. Because I can't contour to save my life.

You gotta feel the bones, friend.  

Really it's overused. It's for when/if your foundation is so full coverage you lose the natural shadows of your face. You put them back when they would normally be.  I enjoy a gentle cheek and nose contour. 

• Love 2

You gotta feel the bones, friend.

Really it's overused. It's for when/if your foundation is so full coverage you lose the natural shadows of your face. You put them back when they would normally be. I enjoy a gentle cheek and nose contour.

Ohhhhhh. Talk about a lightbulb moment LOL. This actually makes perfect sense, thank you. I'm gonna try again this weekend.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's funny how the OG Atlanta housewives have no problem showing themselves without makeup but the newer ones can't even take it off in the privacy of their own homes.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

They are now trying to force her to come back.

I keep getting a picture of Andy Cohen trying to force a moose through a doorway. Please, don't force her on us. I used to love Fashion Police. Not anymore.

• Love 1