Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I stopped at my local library yesterday and found a book called "Kardashian Dynasty: The Controversial Rise of America's Royal Family."  I couldn't grab it fast enough, and I concealed it under a couple of other books, checked it out while looking over my shoulder, and slunk out to my car with a guilty smile on my face.

Two chapters in so far, and wow - I did not realize the Kris was such a flagrant ho.  It makes her tearful proclamations of what a wonderful man Robert Sr. was seem like, well, complete BS. I knew she cheated on Robert, but I didn't realize she did so while gleefully bringing along her 4 children.  I am already starting to see why her offspring are the way they are.

I'm just shocked the kids didn't blab to Daddy about all the fun and games at the house while he was working. But then, I'm still on the fence about whether he was the great guy they all claim he was. I think Kris has rewritten a lot of  history, just like she's claimed Caitlyn has with regard to how open and honest she was about her struggles with gender.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Maya said:

Of course Kourtney has a cigar in her mouth. Idiot. 

Scroll down another picture, they all do.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Kim's is backwards. She tries so hard to be cool and she fails every time!

You would think they would all be experts at putting cigar shaped things in their mouths by now.

• Love 16

I heard they were going to Cuba and all I could think was "Wait we finally try to normalize relations and the first thing the Cubans get is the Kardashians?"   The Cubans are going to be asking for the embargo back.  

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This fills me with an enormous amount of glee.  And it also pretty much guarantees that they will never, ever go back to Cuba.

I'm hoping for a trip to Iraq or Iran in the future.  Afghanistan, Kardashians? Pakistan?

• Love 4

Fidel aside, I kind of love that picture of Khloe on the staircase that everybody is making such a stink about.  That said, it would look so much better with Kendall, the actual model, as the subject.

2 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Fidel aside, I kind of love that picture of Khloe on the staircase that everybody is making such a stink about.  That said, it would look so much better with Kendall, the actual model, as the subject.

It's a very nice picture of Khloe and I don't think Kendall would necessarily have made a better subject. But I'd like to think that Kendall would have had better sense (or advice) than to pose in that particular location. I don't think Khloe was deliberately trying to be provocative or insensitive but maybe she should pick up a history book or two before embarking on her next international "Look at Me" Kardashian tour.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This fills me with an enormous amount of glee.  And it also pretty much guarantees that they will never, ever go back to Cuba.

Whoever wrote that article either spoke to soon, or they missed this spectacle yesterday

13117871_479994438865791_1653925615_n.jp

11 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Whoever wrote that article either spoke to soon, or they missed this spectacle yesterday

13117871_479994438865791_1653925615_n.jp

Do they even get the show in Cuba? There's been an embargo for years, I doubt they get American TV shows. I bet that these people don't have a clue who the the Kardshians are, they were either hired to do this, or they're just reacting to something American being filmed there & they're curious.

• Love 2

Those folks were hired.   Word was getting out that no one was paying attention.   That hurts the family brand.   So they made sure there was a huge crowd for the next photo op.

All communist countries restrict the internet.   Otherwise people might find out information that government doesn't want them to know -- like democracy, freedome of speech, freedom of association, freedom of the press, due process, etc.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, GaT said:

Do they even get the show in Cuba? There's been an embargo for years, I doubt they get American TV shows. I bet that these people don't have a clue who the the Kardshians are, they were either hired to do this, or they're just reacting to something American being filmed there & they're curious.

I just heard the news this morning that the Kardashians did a family vay-cay to Cuba. I had a difficult time processing this at first, then I just became angry. There's infinitely more glamorous destinations for the K's to vacation, Cuba would be just about the least glamorous destination. So basically they decided on Cuba because;

a. Other than President Obama and his family, no other person of 'celebrity' has publicly visited Cuba yet.

b.They assumed that they'd be a huge smash hit with Cubans and create mobs of adoring fans wherever they went.

c. They needed something to bolster up the sagging ratings on their show.

d. They went to impress Raul Castro enough that he would change the country's name Cuba to 'Kuba'.

The Cubans have lived extremely difficult lives, I can't even stress the word 'difficult enough. In complete contrast, the Kardashians have all (and I mean ALL) been born into an extremely privileged life. There are 4 national TV networks and many local TV stations. All state-owned and operated by the Cuban Radio and Television Corporation. It would be an educated guess to say that the Kardashians or Jenners have never been seen on television by most of the population of Cuba.

They don’t have reality TV in Cuba — the Kardashians aren’t a big deal. They are like, ‘Who are you, why are you filming?'”  CNN says that there is hope for humanity, because there is a place where nobody knows or cares to keep up with the Kardashians, and that is Cuba. I think it's disgusting that Kris brought the cast and crew to shove in front of the poor Cubans faces.

1415.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

"Kimmie the Kommunist" ?

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Congrats to Brody - but how odd that his fiancee and his father have the same name.

That annoyed me when Caitlyn chose her name, she knew Brody was with this Kaitlyn and if he married her they'd both be Jenner too. She'll probably keep her maiden name because of confusion and it'll be easier.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I just heard the news this morning that the Kardashians did a family vay-cay to Cuba. I had a difficult time processing this at first, then I just became angry. There's infinitely more glamorous destinations for the K's to vacation, Cuba would be just about the least glamorous destination. So basically they decided on Cuba because;

a. Other than President Obama and his family, no other person of 'celebrity' has publicly visited Cuba yet.

b.They assumed that they'd be a huge smash hit with Cubans and create mobs of adoring fans wherever they went.

c. They needed something to bolster up the sagging ratings on their show.

d. They went to impress Raul Castro enough that he would change the country's name Cuba to 'Kuba'.

The Cubans have lived extremely difficult lives, I can't even stress the word 'difficult enough. In complete contrast, the Kardashians have all (and I mean ALL) been born into an extremely privileged life. There are 4 national TV networks and many local TV stations. All state-owned and operated by the Cuban Radio and Television Corporation. It would be an educated guess to say that the Kardashians or Jenners have never been seen on television by most of the population of Cuba.

They don’t have reality TV in Cuba — the Kardashians aren’t a big deal. They are like, ‘Who are you, why are you filming?'”  CNN says that there is hope for humanity, because there is a place where nobody knows or cares to keep up with the Kardashians, and that is Cuba. I think it's disgusting that Kris brought the cast and crew to shove in front of the poor Cubans faces.

1415.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

"Kimmie the Kommunist" ?

About item "a" on the list, celebrities not publicly visiting Cuba: Beyoncé and Jay Z went to Cuba for a fifth wedding anniversary vacation in 2013. They didn't do it secretly. They released numerous photos of the trip.  http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/20/showbiz/beyonce-jay-z-cuba/

Conan O'Brian of "Late Night" went to Cuba in 2015, and filmed it for a segment on his TBS show. http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/only-conan-could-go-to-cuba

I didn't look up any other celebrity trips to Cuba. Those were just two I remembered.

TMZ has a "family photos" gallery of the Koven in Cuba. The mysterious Saint is seen in these photos, as Kayne carries him around. I think this is the first time we've seen full figure photos of that baby. Contrary to rumors that there was something wrong with him, he looks fine. http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/06/saint-west-in-cuba-kanye-kim-kardashian/ The Cubans must be wondering why a rich American like Kanye wears jeans all ripped up, with his knees showing through the raggedy holes. Only in a rich country would people deliberately pay money for torn, faded clothes!

Take a look at some other photos TMZ posted of the family in Cuba, if you want a good giggle. Kim and Kourtney took the kids to a playground. Kim wore a totally inappropriate outfit (but usual for her), super-tight white dress and high heels. Scroll down in the article to see a photo of her that's sure to become a new Kardashian Klassic. It's a rear view pic of her sitting on a railing. Her huge butt is drooping out over the railing like a sack of wet oats. http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/06/north-west-penelope-mason-disick-cuba-park/

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why my comments got put into the quote box. I'm still trying to figure out the new format.

Edited by Coffeecup
(edited)
4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

About item "a" on the list, celebrities not publicly visiting Cuba: Beyoncé and Jay Z went to Cuba for a fifth wedding anniversary vacation in 2013. They didn't do it secretly. They released numerous photos of the trip.  http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/20/showbiz/beyonce-jay-z-cuba/

Conan O'Brian of "Late Night" went to Cuba in 2015, and filmed it for a segment on his TBS show. http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/only-conan-could-go-to-cuba

I didn't look up any other celebrity trips to Cuba. Those were just two I remembered.

TMZ has a "family photos" gallery of the Koven in Cuba. The mysterious Saint is seen in these photos, as Kayne carries him around. I think this is the first time we've seen full figure photos of that baby. Contrary to rumors that there was something wrong with him, he looks fine. http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/06/saint-west-in-cuba-kanye-kim-kardashian/ The Cubans must be wondering why a rich American like Kanye wears jeans all ripped up, with his knees showing through the raggedy holes. Only in a rich country would people deliberately pay money for torn, faded clothes!

Take a look at some other photos TMZ posted of the family in Cuba, if you want a good giggle. Kim and Kourtney took the kids to a playground. Kim wore a totally inappropriate outfit (but usual for her), super-tight white dress and high heels. Scroll down in the article to see a photo of her that's sure to become a new Kardashian Klassic. It's a rear view pic of her sitting on a railing. Her huge butt is drooping out over the railing like a sack of wet oats. http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/06/north-west-penelope-mason-disick-cuba-park/

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why my comments got put into the quote box. I'm still trying to figure out the new format.

I haven't heard of Beyonce, and JayZ going to Cuba but I guess I just don't give a crap about them. As far as Conan going to Cuba, he went according to the restrictions that were placed on people traveling to Cuba by the U.S. Government under the 'journalistic activity' provision for the TBS story.  I haven't ever heard any rumors that there was 'something wrong' with Saint. I just don't follow them closely enough to hear every rumor out there I guess.

I like the comment made by a woman Senator from Florida, "haven't the Cuban people suffered enough?"

Edited by HumblePi
(edited)

Jay and Beyonce went to Cuba years ago, before there was any lift of sanctions. Now tourists are allowed to go and Carnival had a cruise ship go last week. The Kardashian's going isn't a big deal when anyone can now go. At least they waited for the lift of sanctions.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The kids are adorable in the TMZ video, but for fuck's sake Kim, put on some yoga pants and sneakers already. She must have been miserable in that sausage casing dress and heels. 

She knows exactly what she's doing. At that little playground,Kim had her ass propped up on the railing to make sure it got attention. That white skirt was ready to split wide open. 

She actually looked ridiculous, so overdressed for the occasion. The Cuban government isn't going to be giving the royal treatment to them. I doubt  they had a big welcome at the airport and certainly Kim isn't hearing her name squealed like it was in Armenia.

• Love 4
(edited)

Cuba didn't isolate itself from the world, the United States isolated Cuba from the world by embargoing the country for 55 years. The USA tried to make foreign nationals and companies comply with its embargo. 

Edited by ingenting
  • Love 4

Shortly after Saint was born there were some vague rumors about him having something wrong with his mouth, unless the doctors fixed it he looked more than fine in the couple of pictures Kim posted.  It was hard to get an idea of who he looked like but you can see here how much he looks like Kanye.

13129822_251772821843154_2111878652_n.jp

23 hours ago, GaT said:

that's a fairly tight shot, looks like mostly people with cameras and a few locals. I heard from a co worker who has family here that there's no big crowds or real interest in them. The locals aren't even allowed in most of the stores and places they're frequenting (can't afford the stuff in them).

• Love 1

Why do I have a feeling those brief crowds will somehow be edited/spun during the show's vacation episode to look like more than they are, mixed in with Koven TH segments about how "OMG the support from the Cuban fans was amazing! OMG who knew we had fans in Cuba! OMG we felt so welcome! OMG it felt so special that so many people came out for us!" etc etc.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Shortly after Saint was born there were some vague rumors about him having something wrong with his mouth, unless the doctors fixed it he looked more than fine in the couple of pictures Kim posted.  It was hard to get an idea of who he looked like but you can see here how much he looks like Kanye.

13129822_251772821843154_2111878652_n.jp

I went sleuthing too, and the only thing i could find was something about a cleft lip. If that's the case, there's surgery for that, and you can't totally hide a scar. In the pic above, it's not possible to tell due to the angle. From what is visible, he's cute.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Am I horrible for thinking Saint looks more like Ray J than Kanye? 

I can't believe they actually brought Saint out of cold storage. It's about time.

They brought him out to turn the press away from blac Chyna and her baby to be and place it back on Kim and her fantasy life. She can't let anyone have the spotlight.  Saint west is cute and it's nice to see him with his parents and sister instead of being stuck with the nannies while Kim and Kanye party it up. 

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO that kid is weird looking.

He's nothing special. But lots of babies are only average looking. The lack of hair on the side of his head doesn't help. 

The Kardashian men aren't particularly good looking and Kanye isn't much in the looks department either, so I'm not shocked that he's not a looker.

• Love 4

I'm hoping for a trip to Iraq or Iran in the future.  Afghanistan, Kardashians? Pakistan?

Don't the people in those countries have enough problems already?

I rather send them to Russia, China, India, or South Africa & leave them there. Tyga can also joined them.

Can you imagine Kim & these losers trying to cope with a Russian winter, hopefully having a similar type of welcome (like in Cuba) in China, having to deal with India's lifestyle, or Kim being in a South African safari?

11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO that kid is weird looking.

I can't really tell because it's a side view, but sometimes the strange looking babies turn out to be good-looking adults and vice versa. 

North went through a lot of awkward phases as a baby but came out cute on the other end, so I think Saint will likely follow suit.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Magog said:

I rather send them to Russia, China, India, or South Africa & leave them there. Tyga can also joined them.

Can you imagine Kim & these losers trying to cope with a Russian winter, hopefully having a similar type of welcome (like in Cuba) in China, having to deal with India's lifestyle, or Kim being in a South African safari?

I think they should go to North Korea, personally.

• Love 6

Well, considering how 90% of their time is spent at whatever resort they are staying at, either staring at phones, eating, pushing someone in a pool. eating, arguing over who sleeps where, eating...that's only 10% of their time spent "visiting" wherever they visit.

• Love 1

Watching an old episode, the one where Kris and Kylie destroy Caitlyn's gun.  In one scene Kris finds a huge pair of sandals in "her" bedroom in the Malibu house and asks " who do these belong to?"   No answer. 

• Love 3