Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

I really hope Lamar recovers without any significant mental and physical problems. I really hope he doesn't have any brain damage. My father-in-law was without oxygen following a heart attack and he was never the same again.

I hope that for his children, Khloe, and those who love him that he recovers and uses this as a chance to turn his life around. I also hope that he and his childrens' mom will use this as an opportunity to turn things around in their relationship so that they are able to co-parent & get along (I'm not suggesting they get back together or anything).

• Love 4

I can't bring myself to "like" your post, but I appreciate your writing it. Very powerful. Thank you.

Same here. I was going to "like" it but just couldn't. It brought me back to my mom's and my dad's last days when I had to make that decision. Thankfully in their cases it happened within minutes. They were both ready.

Edited by Maharincess

The stories about Lamar Odom have been unreliable at best from the beginning. Initial reports were that he was found unconscious, not breathing, blood coming out of his nose, vomiting white stuff and because they couldn't get him into the helicopter, he had to travel by ambulance which caused a 40 minute delay in treatment that might result in him not surviving. Whew! that's a lot. After getting to the hospital the reports said he's brain dead, no activity at all in his brain. He was on a ventilator and his kidneys had shut down and he was on dialysis. Wow, more than we can absorb. We were all picking out our black clothes ready for the funeral.

Wthin the last 48 hours, he was removed from life support, his kidneys bounced back and he doesn't need dialysis, he opened his eyes and blinked at Khloe when she said "I love you". Just yesterday he opened his eyes, saw Khloé Kardashian, said, "Hey, baby," gave her a thumbs up and then went back to sleep,

If we are to believe all of this then I for one wish to nominate Lamar Odom for the 'Lazarus Rebirth Trophy'. People want to know one thing only, the truth. The public resents having erroneous reports dished out as truths when they're not. The public has been kept sitting on a seesaw, up one day and down the next. If the initial reports were any where near correct, then Lamar Odom would definitely not be responding. The reports of 'irreversible brain damage' and 'brain death' would mean there's no coming back from that and there is no ability for him to breathe on his own and that doesn't change, it just doesn't. If Lamar is awake and 'thinking' by responding to external stimulii and touch then someone was really full of shit. This causes the public to become immune and disbelieving to any news. Now I see a new reality show on the horizon starring Lamar and Khloe once again.

balance_mind_and_heart_md_wm.gif

• Love 12

Yeah, well, here's a statement from Bobby Brown saying Bobbi Kristina was awake & that never happened, so who knows if it's true.

If you read the Access Hollywood article carefully, it only says that Kris confirmed that he is improving. The rest of the stuff is just puffery using other information from other places.

We saw Bobbie Brown on video talking about Bobbi Kristina's condition. Is there any video of or a recording of his aunt or anyone else saying this stuff or is it just alleged quotes?

Knowing Khloe and Kris's relationship, I think Kris will be very careful about what she says to the press. Khloe will not want her blabbing Lamar's personal business to the press.

IMO it doesnt matter that there is video of Bobby talking about Bobbi Kristina's condition the fact is he wasnt accurate in what he said. Read that article carefully (or any article that was written talking about Bobby saying what he did at the time), his own family members pretty much said he was in denial and that he was often saying "I know shes aware that I'm there", he never actually meant that she was awake and responding. No one ever said she was awake and speaking. No one backed up Bobbys words.

I think right now the problem is the stuff that is being said about Lamar is being exaggerated. This isnt a situation where he miraculously woke up and everything is fine now by any means. Every article I read made it very clear that even though there are signs of improvement they still arent clear on just how much brain damage he ended up with and that he is not out of danger at all. Neither his aunt or his coach has said anything indicating this is some bizarre miracle where he went from brain dead to awake and everything is fine. Its not unusual at all for someone that has suffered brain damage to wake up out of a coma and communicate but if there is too much organ damage they likely will never live a normal life

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/16/us/lamar-odom-condition/

Odom is not in a coma and is using a mask to breathe, but has serious damage to his vital organs, the former NBA star's mother-in-law, Kris Jenner, told "Access Hollywood" on Friday.

E posted a new update and frankly I really,really doubt that E who is in the Kardashian back pocket would post bullshit. They even have details about Tygas kids bday party that Kanye, Kylie and Kourtney went to yesterday.

Nice to see Lamar Jr and Destiny smiling

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/10/17/lamar-odom-children-kids-hospital/

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1

The way I read the announcement is that they're basically withdrawing from business as usual (i.e., endless self promotion) while this situation is unfolding. And I think it's appropriate that they've put a moratorium on updating their content. I don't think they're telling anyone else they can't speak -- obviously people are leaking/talking to the press to some extent. But the way I'm reading this, we're all going to get a bit of a break from Kim and Kylie's selfies and everything else along those lines.

Is it ironic that they're asking for their privacy to be respected? Hell yeah. I imagine they never dreamed in a million years that some situation would have them in a crisis mode where they don't want cameras on them all the time. I think things such as Kim's pregnancy and the questions over Kylie's procedures gave them the opportunity to say "hey, everyone's so critical of us and always doubting us, blah blah blah" and kind of cry lack of privacy, mean people, etc. But they were essentially harmless bits of promotions that kept everyone talking about them.

Unfortunately, this is the real deal and now they're really understanding what it means to lose your privacy. This is not about gaining social media followers or click bait; it's a life and death situation and I wonder if they are beginning to grasp the difference. It will be interesting if their approach or viewpoint changes when all of the dust settles on this. I doubt it will for Kris, Kim or Kylie, but it may have an impact on the other K's, particularly Khloe.

And don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that because they live the lifestyle they do they deserve this. I am saying I bet they had no idea of what a true invasion of privacy felt like until this happened. No matter how much money you have or how famous you are, life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. This is a horrible way to find that out.

• Love 5

obviously people are leaking/talking to the press to some extent.

Dennis Hof is a moron. He keeps talking to the press & giving interviews, but maybe he ought to stop doing his self promotion & start thinking about the business he's in. When this all dies down & it's business as usual at the Love Ranch, any famous person who is thinking of doing business there is going to remember how he acted when this happened. Most people don't want their brothel visits shared with the world, especially if you're some famous guy who might not want everyone to know that you paid for sex while all the time you're acting like a player. I think he's hurting his business.

• Love 4

No they can't unless Khole says it's okay for the doctors to issue a statement. So all this info is second hand from either a paid off hospital worker or Khole's assistant or whomever she's been in contact with about Lamar's condition.

This is something that's bothering me. There has been a lot of detailed medical information published about Lamar's condition. I even read a TMZ article yesterday that specified the percentages of oxygen in his blood at the time he was placed in the ambulance (at the brothel)  and the time he arrived at the hospital:  "We're also told when the ambulance picked Lamar up from the Love Ranch, his blood had 38% oxygen saturation. Paramedics treated him and by the time he entered the ER, the percentage increased to 58%. Normal blood saturation is in the high 90's."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/16/lamar-odom-oxygen-deprivation-brain-damage/

"Lamar Odom: Lucky Break On Oxygen Front"

10/16/2015 3:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now who gave TMZ details like that?  Did TMZ pay off one of the paramedics, or did Khloe provide that information?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/17/lamar-odom-improvement-breathing/

"Lamar Odom: Huge Improvement -- Breathing On His Own"

30 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

"Our hospital witnesses say Lamar has been taken completely off the ventilator. We're told he's still wearing an oxygen mask to increase his oxygen levels."

Who are TMZ's "hospital witnesses"?

It's really pissing me off that Khloe asked Dennis Hof to stop speaking and give her and Lamar some privacy, yet she herself seems to be blabbing every detail about his medical condition to the tabloids. If Klhoe personally is not leaking all this information, then she is authorizing other "hospital witnesses" to do it. If she wasn't cooperating with the information leaking, she/her publicist would have issued some statement to tell the hospital "witnesses" (if they are employees) to shut up. The employees could also be fired for violating HIPAA nondisclosure regulations. But since no employee seems to be in any sort of trouble, they've apparently been given permission to talk to the tabloids. 

Like others, I am curious about Lamar's true condition, but still I think the frequent detailed medical reports are a violation of his privacy.

I don't think they're telling anyone else they can't speak -- obviously people are leaking/talking to the press to some extent. 

They are telling others to not speak.  The Ks sent the Bunny Ranch owner a notice telling him to please stop talking to the media, or so he said. Although quite frankly, I think he should be allowed to tell his story, just as the Ks will tell their story on their reality show. 

Kris Jenner just gave an interview to Access Hollywood. Why is she the only one who can talk to the media.

By the way, some of the photos we've seen, showing the Ks and Js leaving the hospital, were shot by Splash, the Ks personal photographer, the company that is on their payroll.

• Love 2

This is something that's bothering me. There has been a lot of detailed medical information published about Lamar's condition. I even read a TMZ article yesterday that specified the percentages of oxygen in his blood at the time he was placed in the ambulance (at the brothel)  and the time he arrived at the hospital:  "We're also told when the ambulance picked Lamar up from the Love Ranch, his blood had 38% oxygen saturation. Paramedics treated him and by the time he entered the ER, the percentage increased to 58%. Normal blood saturation is in the high 90's."

Now who gave TMZ details like that?  Did TMZ pay off one of the paramedics, or did Khloe provide that information?

"Our hospital witnesses say Lamar has been taken completely off the ventilator. We're told he's still wearing an oxygen mask to increase his oxygen levels."

It's really pissing me off that Khloe asked Dennis Hof to stop speaking and give her and Lamar some privacy, yet she herself seems to be blabbing every detail about his medical condition to the tabloids. If Klhoe personally is not leaking all this information, then she is authorizing other "hospital witnesses" to do it. If she wasn't cooperating with the information leaking, she/her publicist would have issued some statement to tell the hospital "witnesses" (if they are employees) to shut up. The employees could also be fired for violating HIPAA nondisclosure regulations. But since no employee seems to be in any sort of trouble, they've apparently been given permission to talk to the tabloids. 

Like others, I am curious about Lamar's true condition, but still I think the frequent detailed medical reports are a violation of his privacy.

I had to snicker to myself a few times after reading "Khloe Kardashian is by his bedside and making all his medical decisions".

As a nurse, I thought about this statement that I've read exactly as I copied it and thought.... what decisions?

So I imagined the doctors asking; "Khloe? should we give Lamar a tissue plasminogen activator?" or "Khloe can we have permission to extubate Lamar now?"

Nah, nah that ain't the way it goes. If she's had to make any decisions for Lamar so far it would be whether to put a light blanket on him or just a sheet. As far as I can tell, there are no life decisions that she would have to make. I think the medical staff is in charge of those. The only one would be whether to keep him on life support if he was deemed to be clinically dead. Since he's giving her the thumbs up and thumbs down and 'love you baby', I don't think Khloe needs to worry about making any decisions.

• Love 7

Kris, Kylie, and Kendall have all posted to their Instagram pages in last day or so.

Well you'd have to (possibly surgically) remove their cell phones from their hands to prevent that from happening.

• Love 2

Kris, Kylie, and Kendall have all posted to their Instagram pages in last day or so.

Kris knows the importance of keeping interest in the product. As long as they are low key, she'll have them posting and being seen in public. Khloe and maybe Kim will stay quiet till things with Lamar settle.

The info from the ambulance regarding his oxygen levels and such, could they have been overheard by someone using a scanner that is set to those frequencies?

To be fair Kris' last couple of posts on Instagram was a pic of Lamar and asking for prayers and a bible quote she posted yesterday.. Kylie though of course wasted no time posting multiple pics of herself and other trivial things.. she filmed a music video with Tyga last night.

If they don't know which empolyees are doing the talking it could be hard to fire them, a big event like this in a hospital people will talk from the folks in the kitchen to the housekeeping staff so im sure something was probably overheard and off it goes. Unless theres actual catching someone in the act, like the nurse or cna that got fired back when Blue Ivy was born and didn't they catch her cell phone in hand snapping pictures of the baby?

Also I am sure poor Khloe is an abosolute wreak and being over loaded with info from the Drs. Yes its good that Lamar is awake and alert, he's got lots of tests and physical rehab to go through to get back some sence of a life. Not to menton any pending criminal charges that the Sheriffs Dept have pending following they're investigation.

• Love 1

To be fair Kris' last couple of posts on Instagram was a pic of Lamar and asking for prayers and a bible quote she posted yesterday.. Kylie though of course wasted no time posting multiple pics of herself and other trivial things.. she filmed a music video with Tyga last night.

Shocking they were able to curb that girl's narcissism for even two days.

• Love 4

If he recovers, the sad statistics bear out that he will return to using and abusing drugs. The disease of addiction against a brush with death does not often mean sobriety from there on out. I hope for his sake that the justice system spokesperson who said that he could be charged with felony possession of cocaine if he recovers instead mandates intensive rehab and far away from the K family and the cameras. Khloe is not the right person to oversee his recovery.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 1

Lamar Odom Making ''Great Progress'' After Waking Up From Coma but Setbacks Remain Possible

Kardashians Return to Las Vegas to Visit Lamar Odom as Source Says, 'He's Not Out of the Woods Yet'

Both articles say his kidneys are the biggest worry , and his speech is very mumbled..but in light of where he was a few days ago it sounds like big improvements especially helping him into a chair and and passing the "swallow test".

• Love 1

It's really interesting how wealthy, ambitious, self-centered, self-righteous people can suddenly find God and religion when tragedy strikes. Up to that point there's no references to any Bible quotes, no passages from Scripture or nary a mention of God. Faith is used like an Ace card in the hole, when it looks like they're going to lose the hand they still have that Ace to bring out to win the game.

It has been this way for centuries with Industrialists like J.D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie and other "robber barons" , the 19th century industrialists who used unethical or illegal practices to build monopolies. At the end of their lives, when they had all they wanted they realized that their ends were near and they became philanthropic and built great colleges, medical centers and concert halls. It was like they felt that giving back to society even at that late stage of the game, would get them a pass from God.

The Kardashian's are power magnates on a different level in our 21st Century, but not very unlike those greedy Industrialists of the 19th Century. By using Lamar Odom's overdose on drugs and presenting this tragic event as their own personal 'watershed moment' in which their fame, fortune and greed is suddenly not so important at this moment that they'll put it on the back burner for a little bit, or at least until Lamar speaks one complete sentence. They will implore their fans for prayers for Lamar Odom, but when has any one of them ever offered up a prayer for any person other than one of their own in order for personal gain.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

Until I clicked on the picture, I couldn't see Lamar's head. I thought she tweeted a picture of her & Lamar without Lamar's head.

Until I clicked on the picture, I couldn't see Lamar's head. I thought she tweeted a picture of her & Lamar without Lamar's head.

And that would have surprised you?

• Love 3

If they really wanted to support him then they could do it completely without social media. They haven't given two craps about Lamar in a long time but let the opportunity of tragedy come knocking and they all put on their dark sunglasses, black clothes and call up their house photographer.

Respect is giving him privacy. Khloe is married to him, not the whole family but lets not forget she didn't honor for better or WORSE or they would still be together - and Kim putting the picture up last night - Come on! Bitch will use anyone to get her name out there.

• Love 4

I've seen Kourtney and Kris mention God and scripture occasionally over the years. Their faith may be superficial but I don't think it was invented last week.

Yes, God may be worth a mention now and then just to keep the moral majority satisfied that they aren't all ruthless, ambitious and money-hungry heathens. But truthfully, do any one of them actually live according to what they preach to the camera and viewing public? What about the moralistic base, whether it's the 'Golden Rule' or the 'seven deadly sins'. It's wonderful that people can quote a line or passage from Scripture.  Are they words spoken by a person that has no idea what it means or how to actually live it?  The old saying 'practice what you preach' just doesn't seem to have any significance or meaning in the Kardashian vocabulary.

the_seven_deadly_sins_by_vive_le_rock.jp

• Love 7

If they really wanted to support him then they could do it completely without social media. They haven't given two craps about Lamar in a long time but let the opportunity of tragedy come knocking and they all put on their dark sunglasses, black clothes and call up their house photographer.

Respect is giving him privacy. Khloe is married to him, not the whole family but lets not forget she didn't honor for better or WORSE or they would still be together - and Kim putting the picture up last night - Come on! Bitch will use anyone to get her name out there.

She didn't honor for better or worse?  Lamar cheated on her, and chose his addiction over their marriage. From all we've heard, Khloe did everything she could to get him help, and to keep their marriage together. Wedding vows don't mean you stay in a toxic relationship. At some point, Khloe had to put herself first, once she realized Lamar wasn't going to get help. Seems to me, that he's the one who didn't honor those vows they said.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we've heard Kris has kept in touch with Lamar, and so has Khloe. I don't recall Kourtney every saying if she did or not, and Kim clearly didn't like how he treated Khloe, so she chose her sister over Lamar, which pretty much any sister would do. This idea that they only care about him again now doesn't make sense to me. Lamar wasn't a part of that family anymore because of things that he did, because of choices he made. Not to mention, that all the issues you have, tend to fall away in life or death situations. They clearly love Lamar very much IMO, but there's only so much you can do for an addict who won't help themselves.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 18

She didn't honor for better or worse?  Lamar cheated on her, and chose his addiction over their marriage. From all we've heard, Khloe did everything she could to get him help, and to keep their marriage together. Wedding vows don't mean you stay in a toxic relationship. At some point, Khloe had to put herself first, once she realized Lamar wasn't going to get help. Seems to me, that he's the one who didn't honor those vows they said.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we've heard Kris has kept in touch with Lamar, and so has Khloe. I don't recall Kourtney every saying if she did or not, and Kim clearly didn't like how he treated Khloe, so she chose her sister over Lamar, which pretty much any sister would do. This idea that they only care about him again now doesn't make sense to me. Lamar wasn't a part of that family anymore because of things that he did, because of choices he made. Not to mention, that all the issues you have, tend to fall away in life or death situations. They clearly love Lamar very much IMO, but there's only so much you can do for an addict who won't help themselves.

You took the words right out of my mouth MissE, Yes the vows say "For Better or Worse, In Sickness and in Health" but when I spose is an addict or an abuser there's only so much one can take before they need to take care of themselves and not the spose/marriage

• Love 2

Khloe is the last one who anyone can say about that she' didn't try to honor her vows. She put Lamar first in every way. Not even going on those show dictated trips, she went on the road with Lamar. She put him first ahead of her family and herself. Not seeing her family for holidays and long periods of time to stay with Lamar on the road.

Up to now, she's still there for him. She would still take him back, she put off the divorce, she withdrew the papers at one point, she was there for him always trying to keep in touch, talking to him, when he'd go missing she'd be trying to reach him. Even after everything he did, she still tried. Which is a lot more than probably other celebs would probably do after an ex cheated on you.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 10

Exactly. I'm not sure what else she could have done to try to help him out, short of tranq darting him, dragging him off to rehab, and then having him under lock and key there. She did everything in her power to try to cover his drug problems, his cheating, his disappearances. She did and does love him, more than I've seen anyone on this show love each other, short of Kourtney and her kids. But being there and loving him, at some point, there's only so much a spouse can be expected to put up with. She dealt with more than a good percentage of spouses before she finally had to put herself first. 

• Love 8

I just had a thought what about James Harden? He and Khole seemed to be seriously dating she threw that birthday party for him a few months ago. Like this has got to be the craziest rollarcoaster of emotions for Khloe on one hand for all intent and purposes she's a divorced woman starting a new relationship things are going well then you get a call that nobody wants to get about a loved one and life just stops.

• Love 2

If he recovers, the sad statistics bear out that he will return to using and abusing drugs. The disease of addiction against a brush with death does not often mean sobriety from there on out. I hope for his sake that the justice system spokesperson who said that he could be charged with felony possession of cocaine if he recovers instead mandates intensive rehab and far away from the K family and the cameras. Khloe is not the right person to oversee his recovery.

I have to agree with this. If Rob is really getting stronger and I think I've heard that he is, part of that is surely because he is not on the show anymore. I believe Khloe has admitted in the press that the cameras were hard for Lamar. I think Lamar said that he didn't realize the exact extent, that the cameras would be there until they were and he was living it. There is no way that reality tv is good for anyone suffering addiction or mental illness, no way. It's too much pressure. If they were to get back together some day there would be no way that cameras could film in their house. He couldn't handle the public appearances and flashing lights, that's gotta be pretty much out of his life for good as much as possible.  As a matter a fact, living in LA nor Vegas might not be best for him anymore if he's really going to work to recover. He needs to take what money he has left and live a much simpler life somewhere quiet. Now is Khloe willing to do that with him? Time will tell.  

I know that Darryl Strawberry removed himself completely from the world of sports and lime light and he never had a set back once he did that and of course the other work that goes with recovery.  Lam might need to return to Queens, of course not to the old neighborhood, bur Queens has some lovely suburban communities for the upper middle class/wealthy. Actually, he needs to try to live like someone who is middle class and not wealthy. Stop trying to live large.  Shit go live on a farm somewhere, you're not a farmer, then learn how to be. Get some fresh air, be around nature...

Quite frankly, I don't think relationship distractions are good for any recovery. It has to be all about the recovering addict doing the work themselves with medical professionals and counselors. Otherwise they'll just start using SO's as crutches again and never learn to step up and take care of themselves. 

I am truly interested in what happens with him next. He definitely needs to go away and not to some fancy celebrity rehab center either, this is no time for a 

"spa."

Edited by represent
  • Love 4

I can understand where you guys are coming from, I have a different view. I don't want to argue and defend Lamar's actions but there was more they could have done on both sides if they really wanted to make the marriage work. Hard core maybe, but take away hollywood, sports teams, money and family influence and lock yourself in a cabin in the woods and things will get decided a lot faster. Fuck the drug and hooker influence, if you don't have access to it then you can't use it.

I can understand where you guys are coming from, I have a different view. I don't want to argue and defend Lamar's actions but there was more they could have done on both sides if they really wanted to make the marriage work. Hard core maybe, but take away hollywood, sports teams, money and family influence and lock yourself in a cabin in the woods and things will get decided a lot faster. Fuck the drug and hooker influence, if you don't have access to it then you can't use it.

And unless he wants help what good will it do? She can't kidnap him and lock him up forever especially if he doesn't want the help, it would never last or work that way. Lamar has to want to get better and get help for LAMAR.  He's the one who needs to decide he needs to stop and seek help, he went to rehab for like a few hours and left. That mentality needs to change for him to get well.

Lamar saw his best friend in the world for most of his life die of heroine this summer and that still didn't do anything to Lamar's doing drugs, so what more can Khloe do? 

It's not on Khloe or anyone who loves him to lock him up and make him get better if he doesn't see what he's doing wrong and realize on his own he needs help.  He needs to want to live.

Forget Khloe, he has 2 young children yet Lamar's off doing hookers and coke in a brothel. What do those kids think of their father? If Lamar won't get well for them or to be a parent to them, what can Khloe do? Lamar has to want to get help. May be this will be a wake up call for him for his family to see his kids and see how he can get well for himself and be there for them. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 11

Kim just posted this, it's really sweet. Sent from my kindle so hopefully the link works. Looks like that picture is from her wedding to Humphries.

https://mobile.twitt...606616943792128

It is a lovely picture, but I guess I'm just cynical where Kim is concerned, because again, she makes it about herself - how she was glad that SHE and Kendall made Lamar smile (surprised she included Kendall).She knew that would make her part of the Lamar news today.

Why not tweet something like - "so glad you were able to speak to Khloe",or just "glad you are improving!"

(Really, why tweet anything at all?  It's not her story to tell).

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 7

Honestly I'm going to come off harsh here but I think it's pathetic how Khloe ran to Lamars bedside. He is a crack head who humiliated her by constantly cheating on her and then who almost died while in a brothel doing drugs and paying to have sex.

Addiction is a disease yes but I don't think he deserves all this support from them. I do believe people need support to when they are addicts but Lamar has been an addict for years and has been behaving the same for years with no care of anybody else.

Also why wouldn't they keep going on like business as usual..are they all supposed to sit quietly by his bed in the hospital. Stupid.

Edited by mmk1987
  • Love 2

Honestly I'm going to come off harsh here but I think it's pathetic how Khloe ran to Lamars bedside. He is a crack head who humiliated her by constantly cheating on her and then who almost died while in a brothel doing drugs and paying to have sex.

Addiction is a disease yes but I don't think he deserves all this support from them. I do believe people need support to when they are addicts but Lamar has been an addict for years and has been behaving the same for years with no care of anybody else.

Also why wouldn't they keep going on like business as usual..are they all supposed to sit quietly by his bed in the hospital. Stupid.

Legally they're still married so Khloe is the next of Kin. The doctors needed some friend or family member to sign consent forms and to make life or death decisons about Lamars care.

• Love 1

Exactly. I'm not sure what else she could have done to try to help him out, short of tranq darting him, dragging him off to rehab, and then having him under lock and key there. She did everything in her power to try to cover his drug problems, his cheating, his disappearances. She did and does love him, more than I've seen anyone on this show love each other, short of Kourtney and her kids. But being there and loving him, at some point, there's only so much a spouse can be expected to put up with. She dealt with more than a good percentage of spouses before she finally had to put herself first. 

While I do agree that she loved him, IMO, Khloe is a large part of the problem. Yes, she covered up his drug problems, his cheating, his disappearances, & that's why he continued to do drugs, cheat, & disappear for days, Khloe allowed it. Instead of letting him suffer the consequences of his actions, she enabled him & made sure that he could do what he wanted consequence free. She's doing the same thing with Rob, letting him live with her & taking care of him, & I don't think it's a big coincidence that Khloe & Scott were such big buddies while Scott kept drinking. I think that Khloe enables men, she coddles them & lets them be little bad boys & as long as she's around them, they never grow up.

• Love 5

Crazy how a thread dies down when someone's actually going to live.

Could be that some of us tired of all the conflicting reports and decided to wait and see.  I still lurk and am grateful that he seems to be doing better, but I'm not really interested in debating the reports, Khloe's devotion, etc. 

• Love 5

While I do agree that she loved him, IMO, Khloe is a large part of the problem. Yes, she covered up his drug problems, his cheating, his disappearances, & that's why he continued to do drugs, cheat, & disappear for days, Khloe allowed it. Instead of letting him suffer the consequences of his actions, she enabled him & made sure that he could do what he wanted consequence free. She's doing the same thing with Rob, letting him live with her & taking care of him, & I don't think it's a big coincidence that Khloe & Scott were such big buddies while Scott kept drinking. I think that Khloe enables men, she coddles them & lets them be little bad boys & as long as she's around them, they never grow up.

Yes Khole isn't doing anyone any favors by enabling Lamar's drug problem but he had this long before he met and married Khloe their high profile life and marriage brought all his dirt to light.

I think Khloe has a deep need inside of her that wants so badly to be the big sister to these guys, the one they trust and confide in over Kim or Kourtney. It's always a competition between them and this is one way that Khloe has of keeping them closer to her than the others. But at the same time she enables them like you said.

Could be that some of us tired of all the conflicting reports and decided to wait and see.  I still lurk and am grateful that he seems to be doing better, but I'm not really interested in debating the reports, Khloe's devotion, etc. 

You're so right that people have just gotten sick and tired of hearing such vastly different reports. There's really nothing that can be believed after a while. Even the 'in the coma, brain dead' report, that was erroneous as well. Yes, he was in a coma but it was a medically induced coma the doctors put him in so they could intubate him and keep him on a respiratory for 3 days.

• Love 3

I think Khloe has a deep need inside of her that wants so badly to be the big sister to these guys, the one they trust and confide in over Kim or Kourtney. It's always a competition between them and this is one way that Khloe has of keeping them closer to her than the others. But at the same time she enables them like you said.

I was just thinking this.  It's evident even from the fact that she stepped in when Kris and Bruce were not really interested in parenting Kendall and Kylie.  Both girls have said Khloe was basically their mom.  

I think that's how her parent's divorce affected her.  She needs to be needed and wants to be the caretaker.  

• Love 2

The other day I posted about hearing Lance Bass talk about how much the family adores Lamar and that Kris stayed in contact with him for a long time always checking om him, that they tried to get him help pretty often but they were told they couldnt force him. Of course even something like that was doubted because Lance said hes been friends with Kris for a long time, and God forbid a friend of Kris say anything sincere about her or any of the evil Kardashians.