Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

And let's not forget that by Kanye doing this, it some how makes him exceptional.  From what I've observed in life, when something like this, or even more tragic happens, it's pretty normal for surrounding immediate family members to step up their involvement and presence with any kids, especially younger ones who can't understand fully what's happening.  

The media is reporting that Scott checked himself into rehab when he arrived back in the States and promptly checked back out and that his friends are urging him to go back. In this area, I do feel sorry for Scott.  He clearly has his demons and substance abuse problems, but he lives also lives a lifestyle that fuels that problem.  My MIL is a recovering alcoholic, and my husband has told me that for her, once she got sober, her entire social circle and lifestyle had to change.  she had to find new interests, hobbies, and things to do with her time.  It was the only way she's been able to maintain her sobriety.  Scott probably falls into that camp - he just can't manage sobriety when he's living this life.  It probably would really do him a world of good to quite the scene entirely and go live in the mountains of Montana afterall.  

• Love 2
(edited)

And he didn't just take him to the movies. There were reports from fans that saw them at the Lego Store and met them outside a theater in Times Square, presumably coming out of a play. And as noted above he was with them on the yacht for fireworks. Mason spent the entire 4th of July weekend with them so. At least someone was there for him. No one is saying he's a perfect father but it's a nice thing to do since his father is absent.

Eta: yes that's just it...Scott is not getting the proper help. Its a sad downward spiral. This club scene is making things worse.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2

Eta: yes that's just it...Scott is not getting the proper help. Its a sad downward spiral. This club scene is making things worse.

Scott could have the best help money can buy. He doesn't want it. How many times has he been to the most prestigious rehab facilities available, only to walk out every time? 

He doesn't take it seriously because he hasn't hit rock bottom yet and the reason for that is that Kourtney takes him back, and once again there he is living the wealthy lifestyle he loves. I still don't think Kourtney's finished with him yet. She'll take him back again. She was stupid enough to have 3 kids with him when he was never really ready to be a father, she just got pregnant because she wanted to. She deserves him. 

• Love 5

Scott could have the best help money can buy. He doesn't want it. How many times has he been to the most prestigious rehab facilities available, only to walk out every time? 

This kind of makes me wonder. You're right about Scott being able to get help any time he wanted it, Lamar could have done the same thing, & Rob could too instead of hiding in Khloe's house. This isn't a coincidence, it's a trend in this family. Are all the females enablers when it comes to men?

• Love 2

What a difference in break up style. When Khloe broke up with Lamar, she didn't want to clear out the house. Kourtney, however, had his things out 2 days later. I can't help but wonder if she's actually feeling an element of relief and if she realizes how good that feels. Betwen Scott and her kids, she must have been living constantly on alert, 24-7. That must be exhausting. Kourtney probably has no idea how much she was emotionally bogged down with worries about Scott, and how that must have affected her.

That said there a side of me tgats still skeptical about all of this. Afterall, the cameras are rolling. And it makes great drama...

• Love 2

That said there a side of me tgats still skeptical about all of this. Afterall, the cameras are rolling. And it makes great drama...

Yeah, it crossed my mind too. However I imagine the public response would be similar to the Kris H disaster. I think it's one thing to exaggerate or make up storylines for the show that are relatively harmless, but this would cross the line - again, like the Kris H disaster. I still think Kim and the rest of the family owes their current wave of fame to Kanye.

• Love 1
(edited)

I personally dont think intentionally keeping 3 innocent children away from their father for over a month makes for great drama. This is way beyond exploiting  Scott'sdrinking.   I also think Scott planned on leaving Kourtney a while ago and this was his way out.  Radar and some other site I was reading earlier said the bachelor pad he's moving into he purchased back in December and was the only time his name alone is on a property deed.  Any houses he bought was a joint deal between him and Kourtney.  Someone at Trulia told Radar they started suspecting then he planned on going solo eventually.

Edited by howmanywords

I'm watching the first look for Botched and Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, and they also ran a first look at Brody Jenner's Sex Talk show. I have nothing against a racy, double entendre laden informative show about sex. And granted, they just showed a snippet. But Brody is just disgusting. What a asshole. I had no sense of his personality, and I am completely turned off of him and his stupid show now.

• Love 4
(edited)

US says he was in rehab for a few hours, that's not going to help him. I don't see him getting any help (just like Rob) when they refuse it.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/scott-disick-checked-into-rehab-before-split-news-left-same-day-201597

I don't see how this hurting the innocent kids is on purpose for cameras, especially Scott's tweet to Penelope yesterday was just sad and like a cry for help just because he got attacked for the club promotion photo (that he or his people deleted). Kourt's sending Mason to NY with Kim&Kanye, Kourt's wearing a costume to give Penelope the best birthday. Kim's actually seems like she's stepping up to help and be there for her during that. All while Scott's on the other side of the country doing what ever. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I have no clue what kind of father Kanye is but I also haven't seen any proof he's a shitty father who never sees his child. When he tours North goes along and wheb he and Kim take long trips most of the time it looks like she goes there too. Let's not confuse overall egomaniac douchy behavior with how someone treats his daughter. He may be a deadbeat dad in 5 years but right NOW I don't see him anywhere near Scotts level of crappy parenting. He didn't even mention Penelope's birthday on Instagram until after he got ripped apart for posting a pic of a car and posting about his Vegas party on Friday (which he deleted after the backlash).

Penelope is 3, and doesn't have an Instagram account. Why on earth should he send her birthday greetings via social media? Maybe they face timed or talked on the phone.

• Love 1

And he didn't just take him to the movies. There were reports from fans that saw them at the Lego Store and met them outside a theater in Times Square, presumably coming out of a play. And as noted above he was with them on the yacht for fireworks. Mason spent the entire 4th of July weekend with them so. At least someone was there for him. No one is saying he's a perfect father but it's a nice thing to do since his father is absent.

Does Princess Kanye want a trophy for all of his selfless good deeds? Sheesh. Honestly, if I were Scott, I would surely have emotional problems, anger issues, and some kind of addiction having been a part of this horrendous, amoral, disgusting famewhoring family. As an only child himself, it must have been a complete nightmare. I get it. And with the addition of supreme egotist Kanye, must have gotten much worse in the past couple years. I think Scott will work it out with his kids, but will ultimately be happier and healthier away from the Kartrashian clusterfuck.

No man makes it out healthy and sane after dealing with any of the Kartrashian bitches.

• Love 1
(edited)

Does Princess Kanye want a trophy for all of his selfless good deeds? Sheesh. Honestly, if I were Scott, I would surely have emotional problems, anger issues, and some kind of addiction having been a part of this horrendous, amoral, disgusting famewhoring family. As an only child himself, it must have been a complete nightmare.

Nobody forced him into the family, Scott's not some victim. He's been all about loving what being a member of the show/family can do for him, he's just as much a famwhore. He makes his living off it and going to events to be paid. He loves the money and life they give him with the cars/clothes/travels/jets etc.. He also came with his drinking problems, it's been an issue from day 1. 

Kanye's not asking for anything, he's just stepping up uncle wise when the kids especially Mason who is old enough to know and ask "where has dad been for over a month" or "why is he not at Penelope's birthday" or "why isn't he with me for the holiday?" 

The kids are the victims here not Scott. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 12

I think it's going a bit far to blame Kanye for any of Scott's problems, given that Scott displayed these problems long before Kanye came on the scene. Nor would I blame the Kardashians. I see that Scott is out there partying with ex-girlfriends and his other party pals and continually arranging to host gigs at venues that should be off limits to anyone battling sobriety. So there is only one person responsible for Scott's situation and that is Scott himself. Neither Scott nor any other addict can begin to recover until they finally take responsibility for their own decisions and their own actions. As long as an addict is viewed as a helpless victim by himself/herself or others, they will never get well. The first step is wanting to recover and the second is taking responsibility for the people, places and things they choose to have in their lives. Scott, like any other addict, has to take those steps before he is able to face down the issues that have brought him to this point.

• Love 8

Scott has always had a problem with alcohol...he and Kourtney have been making up and breaking up for years. I can see kanye , whose been lost since the death of his mom, looking at Scott and thinking he's a fool to squander away a family...one that Kanye has always wanted especially since the loss of his mother.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/07/the-great-gatsby-real-housewives-kardashian-spinoff/

• Love 2

The thing is there's so much intense hatred for Kanye and the Kardashians that even when they do anything remotely decent there's always got to be an ulterior motive, or they are doing it for photo ops. I've even seen people say on TMZ Kim can't stand North (calling a child things like 'her spawn') and is forced into toting her around. You would think this family is the Antichrist by the level of pure hatred out there.

• Love 5

The thing is there's so much intense hatred for Kanye and the Kardashians that even when they do anything remotely decent there's always got to be an ulterior motive, or they are doing it for photo ops. I've even seen people say on TMZ Kim can't stand North (calling a child things like 'her spawn') and is forced into toting her around. You would think this family is the Antichrist by the level of pure hatred out there.

I don't like any of them, but you're right. I question a lot of what they do -- mainly their motives -- but I can't criticize or question Kanye taking the kids out. He did a good thing and props to him for doing it. And if he hadn't he'd be criticized for it. There are plenty enough reasons to criticize Kanye and Kim but I won't pile on either one of them when they do something good. And this was a good thing.

Don't worry; he'll do or say something asinine soon enough; and if he doesn't, well that's even better.

• Love 2

More Brody promoting his sex show using the family, which he now denies saying they aren't his family anymore.  Guess he got a lot of comments saying "if they're not your family, why do you talk about them in every single interview you do?"

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/10/brody-jenner-disowning-kardashians-denies-dissing-sisters/

http://www.people.com/article/brody-jenner-kendall-jenner-kylie-jenner-level-head-caitlyn-jenner-happy-as-can-be

What the heck was Kourtney thinking when she decided to have kid #3?  She never discussed it with Scott, he was clearly not on board with it. She has some serious screws loose.

Wish, for Reign's sake, they hadn't filmed the scene where Kourtney told Scott about pregnancy #3.
  • Love 3

Brody and his gf arriving at the ESPYs

http://www.justjared.com/2015/07/15/brody-jenner-says-kendall-kylie-could-teach-him-about-sex/

And WTH. This isn't something you say about your sisters.

In a new interview with The Mirror, Brody said that his younger sisters Kendall and Kylie could teach him a few things about sex.

“Do you seriously think they don’t know what’s up? They could teach me things!” Brody said. “I mean, look at their older sisters [Khloe, Kourtney, and Kim Kardashian]. Are you kidding me?”

(edited)

She changed or put on her black jacket to match the rest of the family so Caitlyn would wear the white and all them the black.

They all really do look so proud. It's really sweet that they show such a love and united front of being there. Family acceptance is such a huge reason as to why transgenders end up homeless.

kardashians-audience-2015-epsys-caitlyn-
Kim Kardashian proudly looks on and claps as Caitlyn Jenner takes the stage at the 2015 ESPY Awards on Wednesday night (July 15) at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Brody is gross. For as much as he says the Kardashians aren't his family, he has no problem dropping their names if it gets him some press.

I disagreed with Caitlyn receiving the Arthur Ashe award so I didn't even bother tuning in to the ESPY's.

Good Day NY had an EW columnist on this morning who talked some details about the awards including the bit about how Caitlyn used Angelina Jolie's stylist even though Kim offered the use of her "glam team". The guy said "she wanted to look like a Jolie, not a Kardashian". Also said that contrary to what so many were expecting this to be, that she didnt want the award to become a red carpet photo op and that's why she and the Kardashians except for Kendall, Kylie and Brody opted for walking the red carpet.

(edited)

Of course Brody had to walk the red carpet. lol

How many damn tickets does each award winner get???

I think 2 seemed to be the amount the other winners got. 

This award was special though so ABC for sure accommodated Kim etc... Plus the kids didn't even sit for the show, they stayed backstage and only came to sit during Caitlyn's segment.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Seems like a lot of jealousy/envy/sour grapes - otherwise people would simply ignore them.

• Love 3

Kris and Kendall at Amazon Prime Summer Soiree at the Sunset Towers in West Hollywood with David Foster's daughters Erin and Sara

2A9CA23900000578-3165151-image-m-146_143

Kendall and the Foster girls (Brandon's step sisters) get to be aunts together any day now

Kris Jenner Reacts to Caitlyn Jenner's ESPYS Acceptance Speech

"I think it was amazing and very brave," Kris, 59, told Us during Thursday, July 16's Amazon Summer Soiree at Los Angeles' Sunset Tower. "I think she looked beautiful," she added, of Caitlyn's jaw-dropping appearance in a floor-length cream Versace gown.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kris-jenner-reacts-to-caitlyn-jenners-espys-speech-it-was-amazing-2015177#ixzz3gATenqi8

I make it a point not to follow any of the Kardashian's or Jenner's in the media. Once in a while when I'm surfing I'll watch an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashian's. I have noticed on many occasions that despite each of them owning a totally gourmet kitchen, they'll gather around a table eating a cold salad that comes in a big plastic takeout box. Don't they ever really cook or at least put a salad together themselves?

• Love 1

I make it a point not to follow any of the Kardashian's or Jenner's in the media. Once in a while when I'm surfing I'll watch an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashian's. I have noticed on many occasions that despite each of them owning a totally gourmet kitchen, they'll gather around a table eating a cold salad that comes in a big plastic takeout box. Don't they ever really cook or at least put a salad together themselves?

To be fair in the first few seasons Kris was Suzie homemaker cooking for her family, then she got too "busy" I think the girls know how cook but the drive to Kris house or to Khloe and kourts to film like they're going to an office job now, like Kim you be at your mother's from 12-5 and XYZ is going on. I think before they'd have one or two camera crew's, one for Kim and one at Kris house.

I do think they know how to cook, they're just in the income bracket now where they don't have to do much of it anymore. All the girls are well into their 30s and likely can't eat the way they used to, hence the constant takeout salads. It's probably just easier for them to order takeout.

To be fair in the first few seasons Kris was Suzie homemaker cooking for her family, then she got too "busy" I think the girls know how cook but the drive to Kris house or to Khloe and kourts to film like they're going to an office job now, like Kim you be at your mother's from 12-5 and XYZ is going on. I think before they'd have one or two camera crew's, one for Kim and one at Kris house.

I do think they know how to cook, they're just in the income bracket now where they don't have to do much of it anymore. All the girls are well into their 30s and likely can't eat the way they used to, hence the constant takeout salads. It's probably just easier for them to order takeout.

What is Kris' ethnicity again under all that plastic surgery and bronzer?  It's like English or Scots-Irish or something like that, right ("Kristen Mary Houghton", yes?)

So what does a Kristen Mary Houghton cook (when she does)?

The girls (the K girls at least) might pretend to cook Armenian, I suppose, but I wonder who would have taught them. Robert had a mother I suppose, who presumably could have.

Oh this is hilarious.  Looking up something about Kim's grandparents I came across this article about the girl's visit to Armenia last year (which provided a lot of comic relief).  Here's a hilarious statement from Kim I missed the first time around:  

http://www.people.com/article/kim-khloe-family-history-armenian-roots-visit

Kim was excited in 2011 when she learned the results of a DNA test on Lopez Tonight that revealed she was 94 percent Armenian and six percent Native American. "That explains all the hair," she joked.

Hilarious.  94% Armenian?  We're supposed to believe that WASPy Kris contributed almost no genetic material to Kim (or that the little she did was Native American).  What did George Lopez' crew use to do that DNA test?  An Easy Bake Oven and a magic wand?

• Love 3

Nobody forced him into the family, Scott's not some victim. He's been all about loving what being a member of the show/family can do for him, he's just as much a famwhore. He makes his living off it and going to events to be paid. He loves the money and life they give him with the cars/clothes/travels/jets etc.. He also came with his drinking problems, it's been an issue from day 1.

Kanye's not asking for anything, he's just stepping up uncle wise when the kids especially Mason who is old enough to know and ask "where has dad been for over a month" or "why is he not at Penelope's birthday" or "why isn't he with me for the holiday?"

The kids are the victims here not Scott.

And Scott is not the only one causing them harm. If their mother cared more about her kids and less about the paparazzi she would have taken her family (Scott included) and lived a normal quiet life elsewhere. Away from her mother and sisters. And i don't mean away away, she could live next door to them. Just shut out the cameras, no more rolls royces, make your money off of Dash, end of story. We've seen reality stars step up and do this before to save their kids or marriages. I don't see why Kourtney shouldn't be blamed just as much as scott. They both created this mess.

Of course count me as one of the many who says this is all just a storyline to keep E! happy. They've got quite a few more seasons to fill they? Hell, Kim got fucking married to make a storyline, a little rehab is nothing to these people. At least try can control Scott more than they could Lamar.

• Love 2

What is Kris' ethnicity again under all that plastic surgery and bronzer?  It's like English or Scots-Irish or something like that, right ("Kristen Mary Houghton", yes?)

So what does a Kristen Mary Houghton cook (when she does)?

The girls (the K girls at least) might pretend to cook Armenian, I suppose, but I wonder who would have taught them. Robert had a mother I suppose, who presumably could have.

Oh this is hilarious.  Looking up something about Kim's grandparents I came across this article about the girl's visit to Armenia last year (which provided a lot of comic relief).  Here's a hilarious statement from Kim I missed the first time around:  

http://www.people.com/article/kim-khloe-family-history-armenian-roots-visit

Hilarious.  94% Armenian?  We're supposed to believe that WASPy Kris contributed almost no genetic material to Kim (or that the little she did was Native American).  What did George Lopez' crew use to do that DNA test?  An Easy Bake Oven and a magic wand?

How confusing. Are they now going to claim Kris has some long lost Armenian relatives? That Kris is not her bio mom? That could be an interesting storyline for the show! So much crying. 

And Scott is not the only one causing them harm. If their mother cared more about her kids and less about the paparazzi she would have taken her family (Scott included) and lived a normal quiet life elsewhere. Away from her mother and sisters. And i don't mean away away, she could live next door to them. Just shut out the cameras, no more rolls royces, make your money off of Dash, end of story. We've seen reality stars step up and do this before to save their kids or marriages. I don't see why Kourtney shouldn't be blamed just as much as scott. They both created this mess.

Of course count me as one of the many who says this is all just a storyline to keep E! happy. They've got quite a few more seasons to fill they? Hell, Kim got fucking married to make a storyline, a little rehab is nothing to these people. At least try can control Scott more than they could Lamar.

100% this. I am hoping it's just a storyline for the show and no the real deal. Kourtney maybe the more stable one but she has enabled and exploited Scott's issues for money. She definitely isn't innocent in all of this. 

I love that the supporting evidence for Kanye being a father figure to Mason is that he took him to the movies one afternoon. The bar keeps getting set lower and lower for this family.

I'm sure he's one of those men who "babysit" his own child. While the women around him praise him for his selflessness.

• Love 2

How confusing. Are they now going to claim Kris has some long lost Armenian relatives? That Kris is not her bio mom? That could be an interesting storyline for the show! So much crying.  

I saw it suggested (in an article I found about the Lopez show episode) that Lopez was joking (that the whole thing was a joke).

Which since we have Kim quoting the results to People Magazine would make the situation even sadder: that she wasn't bright enough to realize it was a joke. That nobody told her, and she wasn't smart enough to realize it on her own.

Given how ludicrous the 94% figure is, you'd figure it wouldn't take much in the brains department to figure it out.  I mean you can have dominant traits that greatly favor one parent over the other.  DNA and traits are not the same thing. You can LOOK or even have physical, medical and other characteristics that are 94% like one parent over the other.  But that still doesn't make you 94% genetically one thing or the other. Mathematically it would actually be very hard to favor one parent that much over the other, but it's at least POSSIBLE.  But that's not what those "percent of an ethnicity you are" DNA tests measure. And nobody with more than a grade school education in science should need that explained to them.  Ergo, the Lopez show HAD to be joking, and Kim had to be too plum stupid to realize it.

• Love 2

Kylie seems like a big ole stick in the mud ..... the others all seem to be having fun, not her; it's like it is a chore for her to show up and support her father.

Kylie seems like a big ole stick in the mud ..... the others all seem to be having fun, not her; it's like it is a chore for her to show up and support her father.

I don't blame her for not wanting to make a dopey face.  There are worse things than being a little reserved.

Well, I can't believe I'm typing this, but if it was a chore for her, I'd give her a pass and tell her good job for showing up. I think my greatest issue with the transition has been what appears to be insensitivity on Caitlyn's part to how this transition is affecting her children. Kylie has fucked with her appearance and played adult so much that it's easy to forget she's not yet 18. Learning your father is transgender has got to be difficult, I don't care how progressive or mature you are. If Kylie's not doing handsprings and cartwheels and all that I understand it. At least she showed up, which means she's at least trying, and that's something.

• Love 3

Well, I can't believe I'm typing this, but if it was a chore for her, I'd give her a pass and tell her good job for showing up. I think my greatest issue with the transition has been what appears to be insensitivity on Caitlyn's part to how this transition is affecting her children. Kylie has fucked with her appearance and played adult so much that it's easy to forget she's not yet 18. Learning your father is transgender has got to be difficult, I don't care how progressive or mature you are. If Kylie's not doing handsprings and cartwheels and all that I understand it. At least she showed up, which means she's at least trying, and that's something.

I give the older kids credit also. She wants them there to show support for her at this time in her life... but where was she for all those important moments in a kids life. How many  crowds and audiences did they look out into hoping to see dad there in support of some little achievement or accomplishment, or wait to hear the phone ring on their birthday or Xmas to hear dad say I love you and support you? Whether Brody is a famewhore or not, I give him credit for showing up. So I can giver Kylie a bit of slack for being less than jubilant. I way older than her and don't know how easily I'd come to terms with it. 

• Love 5