Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Or his sister. Which begs the question - what happened to Doula and TJ?

I think the most logical thing would probably be that "Lizzy" is "Lorelai," as I know it's not uncommon for shows to use pseudonyms to hide character identities when they want to avoid spoilers.  Though I also feel comfortable in saying that I think this is probably the first time since the show went off the air that anyone has cared enough to ask "what happened to Doula and TJ?"

Edited by txhorns79

Or his sister. Which begs the question - what happened to Doula and TJ?

In reference to this, I saw that picture on another site and someone informed me it was from the set of "One Big Happy," not to be confused with any revival news.

• Love 1

In reference to this, I saw that picture on another site and someone informed me it was from the set of "One Big Happy," not to be confused with any revival news.

Ah, color me corrected.  The set number on the picture included the initials OBH, so that would make sense in terms of the photo being unrelated to Gilmore Girls. 

Edited by txhorns79

A place to discuss all spoilers related to the Netflix revival - pictures that spoil possible plot points should also be placed in this thread. 

Spoilers from set tags ahead...

Paris is coming back!!! (unless they mean Paris as a location but that seems unlikely):

tumblr_o14nviRnIm1sh4pa0o1_400.jpg

There's an old folks home in the revival (I hope this isn't for Emily):

tumblr_o14nviRnIm1sh4pa0o3_540.jpg

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 1

I'm refusing to believe that Sookie will no longer be the chef until I find out otherwise.

Some of the  Stars Hollow townies could conceivably be needing senior care due to bad health.  If it involves Emily I would expect it to be more in a peripheral way (like maybe a friend) that makes her think about what could be in her future.  Given that Lorelai is her only daughter.

Some real spoilers here. Two casting director notes got leaked (link is though Alyssinmymind on Tumblr, who's been posting most of the GG revival news under the tag "gg revival").

The notes state that the shooting dates are 02/02/16 through mid-May.

And here we get into the real spoilers.

BERTA. Early 30s, female, Peruvian. Tiny and cheery, she speaks Quechua. (Will appear in miniseries parts 1 and 4.)

ALEJANDRO. Male, 30s, Peruvian, speaks Quechua. Berta's husband, a handyman, good family guy. Supporting role. (Will appear in miniseries parts 1 and 4.)

NAT COMPTON. Male, the most miserable-looking 38-year-old you'll ever see, his clothes are thrown on, his hair's a mess, he's pale as hell, and he never smiles. Supporting role. (Will appear in miniseries part 3.)

DEWEY. Male, 13. Very proper and always eager to be a helper. Supporting role. (Will appear in miniseries part 3).

CLEMENTINA. Female, 40s, a Portuguese nanny. Day player (Will appear in miniseries part 2.)

TIM. 7-year-old boy, Caucasian. Day player. (Will appear in miniseries part 2.)

GABRIELA. 5-year-old girl, sister to Tim. Caucasian. Day player. (Will appear in miniseries part 2.)

STEVIE AND KWAN. Male, 9-year-old twins, do not have to be identical. Korean/American. Very good mannered children, day players. (Will appear in miniseries parts 1 and 4.)

HIPPIES. 20-60s. Hippyish looking people living in a "commune." Day Player (will appear in miniseries part 4.)

Note #2:

PAUL. Male, 30s, Caucasian, pleasant and appealing enough. A good boyfriend. Prototype: Michael Cera, Jesse Eisenberg, a little older. Strong Supporting Role. (Will appear in mini series part 1.)

JIM. High-end magazine editor. Age mid 40s mid 50s. Editor of High End Men's Magazine. He has energy, he's sm[cut off, probably "smart"], fast paced, ambitious with integrity, somewhat quirky, boyish. (Will appear in mini series part 2.)

DWAYNE. Male, 40-year-old blue collar guy, any ethnicity. Supporting role. (Will appear in mini series part 3.)

DAMON. Male, early to mid 20s, super eager, together, good looking, stylish. (Will appear in mini series part 4.)

The Tumblr user who leaked the casting notes seemed to think that these four characters were for Rory's storyline, but I'm not sure if that's inside knowledge or just speculation.

So, matching the characters with the episodes in which they're supposed to appear, we have the following:

Part 1: Berta, Alejandro, Stevie, Kwan and Paul

Part 2: Clementina, Tim, Gabriela, Jim

Part 3: Nat Compton, Dewey, Dwayne

Part 4: Berta, Alejandro, Stevie, Kwan, Hippies, and Damon

"Paul" sounds like he could be a guy Rory's dating when the revival resumes. (Kind of side-eyeing that they made him Caucasian while not specifying the ethnicity of the other characters, like it's so super important that Rory has to date white guys, but whatever. To be fair, it seems likely from the actors cited for the "look" that they want--Eisenberg is Jewish and Cera often gets cast as Jewish characters--that the character is Jewish. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, I don't know.) It will be interesting to see her with a nerdy, not overwhelmingly attractive guy as opposed to her past Tiger Beat boyfriend types.

It doesn't sound like Paul sticks around, if he only appears in part 1 and the lukewarm descriptors ("appealing enough," seriously?), but it seems likely that Rory starts the miniseries in an established relationship that's not with any of her past boyfriends, which is pretty much what we expected, and that they conveniently break up so that she can rehash one or more of her past relationships, which is also pretty much what we expected.

If they're introducing the editor of a GQ-type magazine--who sounds like a love interest for someone with the whole "boyish" comment, honestly, although probably not Rory--maybe Rory's working at that magazine?

Dunno who this "Damon" character is. Michel v. 2.0? April will be in her early 20s at the time of the revival, right? Could be a love interest or BFF for her, I guess.

I wonder if there's a reason Tim and Gabriela were specified to be white. Maybe they're related to established characters somehow. Tim and Gabriela are 7 and 5 years old, so they are likely children of established characters born in the intervening 8 years. I'm guessing the fact that their hair colour isn't specified in the casting call, along with what appears to be a fairly limited role, means that they're NOT Luke and Lorelai's kids. Ditto for Rory (and assuming that Paul is Rory's boyfriend, the fact that she has a boyfriend and not a husband makes me less inclined to believe that they're Rory's.) I wonder if there's some sort of significance to the name Gabriela. An unusual name choice (with that spelling, at least, as opposed to Gabriella), for a Caucasian child especially.

If they're not Luke and Lorelai's kids, whose are they? Kirk and Lulu's? Liz and TJ's? (There's no older Doula mentioned, sure, but there could be more casting sides we haven't seen. It seems unlikely, though, as the actress at least is 51.) They could be Paris and Doyle's, but that would mean that Paris would have gotten pregnant one and three years into law school, and that seems fairly unlikely. Logan's? The fact that there's a nanny involved suggests wealthy and/or very busy working parents, so Logan might fit. Christopher as well, for that matter.

I doubt that the name choices of "Tim" and "Gabriela" are coincidental. ASP tends to be deliberate about those things (Sookie/Martha, Christopher/Georgia or "Gigi" like GG, etc.).

User Kellikoo54 (linked on Alyssinmymind) reports on a WB lot tour providing the following "insider info":

1. The Dragonfly Inn set was torn down, so it's being rebuilt on the soundstage.

2. The inn's horse stable is also reconstructed.

3. The ice cream shoppe has a new coat of paint on the inside.

Eonline posted an article full of spoilers earlier today which has mysteriously disappeared. Judging from the Reddit thread where one poster described the contents of the article before it was deleted, it seems to accord with the casting notes leaked. I looked at the cached version of the Eonline article and saw that they were just taking information from the leaked casting notes, which explains why the article was taken down. Oops!

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4

Finally, real spoilers!

In other news, they're apparently painting the interior of Sookie's house back to the colour it was in season 7, so Melissa may be coming back! Unless they're planning on having Jackson in there without her.

Interesting.

]No mention of the Belleville kids in the casting notes. No mention of Gigi and Doula, either.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Interesting.

No mention of the Belleville kids in the casting notes. No mention of Gigi and Doula, either.

I noticed that too. The lack of Doula makes me a bit sad, I really hope Liz and TJ are in the revival.

If Gigi is back, maybe they'd just bring back the same actress from seasons 6-7, so there wouldn't be a casting notice? It's likely they'd recast though considering she'd be about 13 (?) now.

Lane's twins being casted is good news though. It at least means Amy is paying attention to season 7 and making sure things in the new series are consistent with it.

There will probably be more casting notices coming out within the next little while before filming starts. It's crazy to think that filming starts in just next month!

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 1

Looks like Christopher will be back:

tumblr_o1u0fxQOae1ujiz9eo1_540.png

I'm actually happy that Chris will be back. I really want some kind of resolution to his relationship with Rory. And I don't think ASP will go there with Luke/Lorelai/Chris again. I'm betting on him being married to someone else (with maybe another kid?) in the revival. Bonus points if he got back together with Sherry, but only because I'd love to see Madchen Amick again.

It's funny, at this point I'm most curious about if April will be returning or not. I actually want Vanessa Marano to return, even if it's just a few small scenes. Mainly because April is regarded as one of the biggest missteps of the original tv show, and if the revival can give us some kind of resolution or indication that the storyline meant something it may not feel as cheap and contrived anymore - at least to me. 

• Love 2
It's funny, at this point I'm most curious about if April will be returning or not. I actually want Vanessa Marano to return, even if it's just a few small scenes. Mainly because April is regarded as one of the biggest missteps of the original tv show, and if the revival can give us some kind of resolution or indication that the storyline meant something it may not feel as cheap and contrived anymore - at least to me.

I'd be fine if April is away at college, and otherwise not mentioned.  It's nothing against the actress, I just don't really see why that storyline would need to be revisited. 

• Love 2

I'd be fine if April is away at college, and otherwise not mentioned.  It's nothing against the actress, I just don't really see why that storyline would need to be revisited. 

It's one of the huge reasons Luke and Lorelai delayed their wedding, didn't get married after being engaged for a year, and Lorelai slept with another man.  Plus it was a big, life-changing plot point for what was basically the male lead of this series. It should almost definitely be revisited in a proper way, and if it isn't, it'll feel like Amy pandering to the majority of fans who dislike that character/storyline.

Edit: I agree with the above person who said no Anna though!

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 3
It's one of the huge reasons Luke and Lorelai delayed their wedding, didn't get married after being engaged for a year, and Lorelai slept with another man.  Plus it was a big, life-changing plot point for what was basically the male lead of this series. It should almost definitely be revisited in a proper way, and if it isn't, it'll feel like Amy pandering to the majority of fans who dislike that character/storyline.

But within the context of the series, all that happened nearly a decade ago.  If they want to bring back April in some limited fashion, I'll be fine with it, but I think they pretty much resolved the storyline complications that involved April before the show went off the air.   

• Love 3

So far we know Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Luke, Lane, Paris, Cesar, and Finn are confirmed to return for at least part of the revival...am I missing anyone?!  Do you guys think Finn's return makes it all but certain that Logan will return as well?

Anyway, given what relatively little we know, I would love to hear what you guys predict will happen vs what you personally WANT to happen! Do you think Rory will end up with Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met yet, or single? Which would you want for her if you were the one writing the script? Do you want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy? Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already be married or do you want to see the wedding? Do you expect/want them to have kids? What do you expect/want to see in terms of Rory and Lorelai's careers? How do you want/expect them to honor Richard? What do you expect/want to see from Paris?!  

• Love 1

Do you think Rory will end up with Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met yet, or single? Which would you want for her if you were the one writing the script? Do you want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy?

I am fine with Rory's exes coming back in very limited doses, but please, I don't want any romantic back and forth. They have all run their courses, imo. If her exes do make appearances, I would hope none of them are still hung up on Rory; in fact, it would be awesome if they were all doing well in unexpected ways. I do think it would be very amusing if, for instance, Jess and/or Logan are both happily partnered up with children and Dean is a happy bachelor with a successful career. Rory should either be single or with someone new. If I was writing her story, I'd have her maybe questioning where her life is at and doing some soul searching with the death of Richard. Is she happy with her career and social life? Has she achieved the success she always dreamed of or has she fell sort? Does she want to settle down or is she good being unattached?

As for her pregnancy...I don't have a problem with pregnancy storylines, if they are well thought out and well written. But tbh I'm not sure I trust ASP to be that invested in telling a compelling pregnancy story without falling into cliches and overdone quirkiness. So I'd say no pregnancy for Rory.

Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already be married or do you want to see the wedding? Do you expect/want them to have kids?

I'm fine with them already being married, though my preference would be them in a solid live in relationship without marriage. Part of my javajunkie heart would love if they had their own kid, but only if it wasn't too jarring to the overall tone of the revival and they found a semi-decent child actor.

How do you want/expect them to honor Richard?

I suspect Richard's death is going to play a big role in the overall story of the revival, so I think basically he will be honored throughout the four episodes. Of course, a tribute to Edward Hermann would be lovely and I do expect it.

• Love 2

Do you think Rory will end up with Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met yet, or single? Which would you want for her if you were the one writing the script? Do you want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy? Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already be married or do you want to see the wedding? Do you expect/want them to have kids? What do you expect/want to see in terms of Rory and Lorelai's careers? How do you want/expect them to honor Richard? What do you expect/want to see from Paris?!  

1) I'm... not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks up with Paul (assuming he's her boyfriend in Part 1) and remains single throughout the revival. Depending on which actors will be making an appearance, I could definitely see Rory reconnecting with her past boyfriends. I just hope her love life isn't the main focus. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Rory and Jess form a healthy, adult relationship - but I'd be very, very surprised if ASP goes there. I'm expecting a small scene between the two or with Jess and Luke, at best. As long as Dean doesn't play a large role, I'm good. (Sorry, Dean fans!)

2) As far as I'm aware, AB's pregnancy has not been confirmed. I know rumors have been swirling around for some months now, but I think her 'baby bump' is... debatable. We'll see how it goes! I can't say I'm really here for a pregnant Rory, to be honest.

3) Ideally, Luke and Lorelai would be married by now... Or, at the very least, in a committed relationship. I don't see them having children.

4) re: Rory and Lorelai's careers, I just hope The Dragonfly is still going strong, and that Rory is doing what she loves. I wouldn't be surprised if she's struggling, though. Working somewhere unexpected would certainly make for a interesting storyline.

5) I have no doubt ASP will handle Richard's passing with the utmost respect and honesty. Emily is going to break my heart, I just know it.

6) Paris Geller will rule the world, obviously. Haha - I'm not even going to bother coming up with a serious answer. From what Kelly said, I'm expecting lots of laughs.

Hmm. What else? Unpopular opinion (maybe?): I hope Kirk doesn't take up much screen time. He's better in small doses - the same can be said for most of the Stars Hollow residents, really.

I want family, friendship, complicated mother/daughter dynamics. I want Emily to properly grieve for her husband, and let her daughter in. I want the Gilmore women to freaking communicate. I want Lorelai to let Rory be her own person. I'm very interested to see what their relationship is like now. It was never the same after the Dean situation, which makes sense.

Romantic relationships (at least for Rory) should not be the main focus.

I want growth.

Edited by Mirage
  • Love 3

So far we know Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Luke, Lane, Paris, Cesar, and Finn are confirmed to return for at least part of the revival...am I missing anyone?! Do you guys think Finn's return

makes it all but certain that Logan will return as

well?

Anyway, given what relatively little we know, I would love to hear what you guys predict will happen vs what you personally WANT to happen! Do you think Rory will end up with

Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met

yet, or single? Which would you want for her if

you were the one writing the script? Do you

want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy?

Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already

be married or do you want to see the wedding?

Do you expect/want them to have kids? What do

you expect/want to see in terms of Rory and

Lorelai's careers? How do you want/expect them

to honor Richard? What do you expect/want to

see from Paris?!

You forgot Michele and Gypsy.

LOL---I'm not sure that piece of information would change any of my questions or people's awesome answers to them, but thank you for the heads up!

I'll respond in detail when I'm back at my computer, but for now:

Romantic relationships (at least for Rory) should not be the main focus.

I want growth.

Paris Geller will rule the world, obviously.

I want family, friendship, complicated mother/daughter dynamics. I want Emily to properly grieve for her husband, and let her daughter in. I want the Gilmore women to freaking communicate. I want Lorelai to let Rory be her own person. I'm very interested to see what their relationship is like now.

...a hugely enthusiastic YES to all of the above! 

• Love 2

LOL---I'm not sure that piece of information would change any of my questions or people's awesome answers to them, but thank you for the heads up!

I was just answering your question on if you forgot anyone who was returning for the revival.

Part II of ASP interview at TV Line is up. Some tidbits:

1. The Gilmore house set is being rebuilt (for those who were worried about Emily in the senior home, although I suppose it could be sold at some point in the series if the series spans four seasons).

2. It seems from the way ASP is talking about Richard's death that it's fairly fresh when the revival series kicks off.

3. The elements ASP really wanted to play out were not negated or destroyed by Season 7. The revival writers won't take something and do it even though Season 7 negated it.

4. On Rory's guys, the deals aren't done yet. The plan is to get back as many of them as possible. ASP also alludes to a storyline being taken out of her hands due to budgetary restrictions.

5. Rory is not married when the revival starts in "Winter," but she is dating.

6. Throwing curse words in feels "weird," so it sounds like that part of the dialogue is up in the air.

This is just me speculating, but it almost sounds from the way that ASP talks about the dudes that they're nice to have but not essential to the story. Maybe all the fannish speculation over which of Rory's former beaus is endgame is misguided.

So far we know Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Luke, Lane, Paris, Cesar, and Finn are confirmed to return for at least part of the revival...am I missing anyone?!

Michel, Gypsy, Kirk, and Christopher.

Do you guys think Finn's return makes it all but certain that Logan will return as well?

Yes, but I'm not surprised Logan is coming back.

Anyway, given what relatively little we know, I would love to hear what you guys predict will happen vs what you personally WANT to happen! Do you think Rory will end up with Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met yet, or single?

Want to happen: Jess if anyone, but I'd prefer to see Jess happily settled somewhere and Rory-free, with kids with insufferable literary hipster names. (I see his wife or partner as aloof, dark-haired, superior, fashionably disheveled, and very pretty. Tattoos optional, glasses a must.) I'd like the same for Logan, although I'd imagine his kids would have WASPy names like Caroline. (Wife/partner is blonde, rail-thin, witty, cheerful and has an uber-WASP name that isn't Lucy or Olivia. Either one of the bridesmaids from Bridesmaids Revisited or someone just like them.)

Will probably happen: A single, childless Jess/Logan reminisces with Rory over old times, expresses mild interest which she does not reciprocate, they part as good friends.

Nightmare scenario: Jess and/or Logan, either perpetually single because no one has ever measured up to the incomparable goddess that is Rory or unhappily married, drunkenly bemoan their bitterness over the abyss of loneliness and despair that their lives have become without the illuminating beacon of Rory's saintly beauty and goodness and beseech Rory to grace their lives with her love once more.

Which would you want for her if you were the one writing the script?

To be single for a while so she can sort out what kind of person she wants to be without being someone's girlfriend.

Do you want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy?

I have yet to see any independent confirmation that she is or ever was pregnant, but if it works for the story, sure.

Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already be married or do you want to see the wedding?

I honestly can't see Luke and Lorelai as married.

Do you expect/want them to have kids?

I know those casting calls were not exhaustive, but there were no kids cast that could be Lorelai and Luke's, so I'm skeptical, and Lorelai will be too old as of the revival to get pregnant unless they really fudge her age.

Tim and Gabriela seem like they could be Luke and Lorelai's kids, but I have two problems with that:

1. Tim and Gabriela have no hair colour specified, whereas if Lorelai and Luke had kids, I'd imagine the casting people would be looking for brunettes.

2. Tim and Gabriela are day players for one episode only, meaning a fairly limited role. This would work if they were the kids of secondary characters, but it would be really weird if Luke and Lorelai had kids and they were kept out of sight for most of the revival.

What do you expect/want to see in terms of Rory and Lorelai's careers?

Rory: I suspect Rory is working at that GQ-type magazine. I want to hear what wound up happening with Obama.

Lorelai: I'm not really expecting any big shakeups for her career-wise.

How do you want/expect them to honor Richard?

It sounds like from ASP's interviews and Kelly Bishop's interview that the revival will open not too long after Richard's death, so I'm thinking the writers will honour Richard by showing Emily, Lorelai and Rory grieving. I don't know that they would have an actual funeral, but maybe they'd set it a month or so after his death.

What do you expect/want to see from Paris?!

I'm a little concerned that those kids (Gabriela and Tim) are Paris and Doyle's, which, given their ages (Gabriela is 7), would have played merry hell with Paris' career plans for medical school and residency. I'd be really disappointed if Paris was unable to pursue her dreams.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I hope we get to see a Rory that I actually like without the annoying voice that worsened over the years. She was more likeable and mature in season 1.

I do hope Luke and Lorelai are married but maybe we get to see their wedding in a video being narrated by Lorelai. An anniversary tradition; a throwback to Rory's birth story. And yes "kids would be good". My mom had me at 42, it does happen :)

• Love 1

I'm a little concerned that those kids (Gabriela and Tim) are Paris and Doyle's, which, given their ages (Gabriela is 7), would have played merry hell with Paris' career plans for medical school and residency. I'd be really disappointed if Paris was unable to pursue her dreams.

If they are Paris and Doyle's kids, I can see a scenario where Doyle became the stay at home dad to allow Paris to continue med school. Paris as a mom kind of scares me, though. I wouldn't want her aggressive, at time off-putting persona parlayed into motherhood for laughs. Now, if she is still the same Paris but can switch to loving, concerned mother with her kids, I could tolerate it. Doyle would definitely be the primary nurturer, though.

I also can't wait to see what Lane has been up to. I may be one of the few people who wasn't upset at how her story ended, though I do hope to see that she has gone on to achieve some of her dreams. I'm hoping Zach, her and the rest of the band went back on the rode, possibly with the twins and Mama Kim in the early years. I hope the band has achieved some underground success and has some hipster/indie cred. I want to see a (very) slightly more relaxed Mrs.Kim, who learned to like rocking out with her grandsons. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the twins is a rocker like his parents and the other is the more serious, studious child, perhaps causing a little conflict in the family.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 1

So far we know Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Luke, Lane, Paris, Cesar, and Finn are confirmed to return for at least part of the revival...am I missing anyone?!  Do you guys think Finn's return makes it all but certain that Logan will return as well?

Anyway, given what relatively little we know, I would love to hear what you guys predict will happen vs what you personally WANT to happen! Do you think Rory will end up with Dean, Jess, Logan, with a guy we haven't met yet, or single? Which would you want for her if you were the one writing the script? Do you want/expect them to work in AB's pregnancy? Do you expect/want Luke and Lorelai to already be married or do you want to see the wedding? Do you expect/want them to have kids? What do you expect/want to see in terms of Rory and Lorelai's careers? How do you want/expect them to honor Richard? What do you expect/want to see from Paris?!

My Predictions/Wishlist (sorry about how long this is):

-I think Rory will end up with Jess, but we will see them reconnect and fall in love all over again as adults, and it'll have little to do with their teenage relationship. I think Jess will make an appearance based on Luke/Liz originally though (i.e. it wont be Rory running into him randomly or reaching out to him). Truncheon Books would be highly successful by now.

-I don't think they'll work in Alexis's pregnancy 

-I don't know what exactly they'll do about Luke and Lorelai, but I personally hope they're married with a child. It's unrealistic for them to not have gotten married in the last 8 years. And Lorelai would be almost 50 at this point, so they can't really do a pregnancy storyline now. I also want a scene of Lorelai looking at a (photoshopped) picture of Richard walking her down the aisle at her wedding (if the wedding happened in the 2007-2016 interim)

-I think Rory's career will be somewhat of a focus in the revival. I don't think she'll be in a good place career-wise when she starts out. Maybe stuck in a dead-end newspaper job, in a bit of a rut, and not really getting anywhere with her career. But by the fourth episode, she'll find an amazing opportunity with room for growth.

-I don't think they'll focus on Lorelai's career outside of owning that same Dragonfly Inn but I hope I'm wrong. I liked where they were going at the end of season 5 with the Durham Group storyline/her possibly becoming a more successful businesswoman.

-My guess is the revival will open with Rory coming home after Richard passes away. We won't see the actual funeral but we'll see everything directly after it. I think Richard's passing will cause friction between Lorelai and Emily and that'll carry out in a huge way through all four episodes. One of the first scenes may be Lorelai picking Rory up at the airport. She'll return at the end of episode 1 and we'll maybe see her at work in episode 2?

-Christopher will return after Richard dies but his stay will solely be a catch-up with Lorelai, and hopefully father/daughter stuff with Rory leading to some kind of resolution between them. I don't think Amy is going to be pulling any funny business with Lor/Chris this time around. He may be happily married to someone new, and Gigi will get a mention but won't make an appearance and will probably be living in Paris with Sherry.

-Rory will run into Finn who will update on her on what Logan is up to. She'll run into Dean, same thing.

-I hope they fix the short end of the stick Lane got in season 7 and make her a kickass mom with a successful career in something music-related (even if it's not Hep Alien).

-Paris and Doyle will be hugely successful. She'll probably be a doctor and he's probably a big-shot newspaper man, or maybe a stay at home dad to their kids.

-Sookie will be away doing a cooking show for the Food Network. If Melissa returns (which looks really unlikely), they'd film a segment of her "show" to put on a tv screen during one of the living room scenes. Jackson will be back and will complain about how hard it is taking care of the three kids without Sookie in his wacky fashion, however.

-I don't know if Vanessa Marano will return but my hope is that she does. Maybe a college graduation party (she'd be around 22ish right?) for his cousin is what brings Jess back to town?

-I hope that there's at least some changes in the story. Stuff seems really stagnant so far. The Dragonfly, Luke's, Lorelai's house, the Jeep, etc all being there and looking exactly the same after almost 10 years feels a bit odd and creepy to me. I hope Lorelai and Luke leave the Crap Shack at some point in the season. That would be a heartbreaking scene, but it doesn't seem real to me that they'd remain there for so long especially if they have a kid. This sounds strange but it's kind of depressing to imagine these characters' lives having gone no where/not having progressed in the last decade. That's why I really want Lor/Luke to be married with a child already.

-My last (unrealistic) prediction for the ending is almost like fanfiction-stuff so it will never happen. But I have this weird vision of the series coming full circle to the early seasons when Rory and Lorelai lived together in SH, but this time with Emily and Lorelai. What if, after all of the emotional aftermath of Richard's death and the (inevitable) Lorelai/Emily drama that follows, they finally come to some kind of understanding with each other? That's kind of where I think the old folks home spoiler fits in. Perhaps Emily is considering going to an old folks home after Richard dies, but Lorelai feels bad after seeing the place, and insists on moving her in with her and Luke instead? Of course things between them would get worse before they get better. It would just show so much growth for the Lorelai character and it would create a new dynamic between them. Picture Emily and Lorelai having breakfast at Luke's. Or Emily watching her grandchild while Lorelai and Luke go out for a date night. It's farfetched and sappy, yes, but it seems like a happy ending. There would always be bickering and the occasional fight, but overall I think the series needs to come to a resolution to their dynamic more than any other. Lorelai/Luke and Lorelai/Rory will be fine, of course, but Lorelai/Emily is the most layered and interesting relationship, and will and should be given a huge focus in this revival I think.

Edited by stopthestatic
  • Love 3
That's kind of where I think the old folks home spoiler fits in. Perhaps Emily is considering going to an old folks home after Richard dies, but Lorelai feels bad after seeing the place, and insists on moving her in with her and Luke instead? Of course things between them would get worse before they get better. It would just show so much growth for the Lorelai character and it would create a new dynamic between them. Picture Emily and Lorelai having breakfast at Luke's. Or Emily watching her grandchild while Lorelai and Luke go out for a date night. It's farfetched and sappy, yes, but it seems like a happy ending. There would always be bickering and the occasional fight, but overall I think the series needs to come to a resolution to their dynamic more than any other. Lorelai/Luke and Lorelai/Rory will be fine, of course, but Lorelai/Emily is the most layered and interesting relationship, and will and should be given a huge focus in this revival I think.

Ooooh, I'm officially intrigued! I hope that if this doesn't happen on screen, you'll write it as a fanfic :) 

• Love 1

I really want to see Luke and Lorelai already married. I'm ambivalent about whether I'd like to see them with more kids. I'd be fine either way. 

I also think the old folk's home set is probably Emily in a hyper-organized mode after Richard dies and thinking about making sure she will be looked after. I recall how she acted when Richard had his second heart attack -- making sure everything was in order.

Of all of Rory's boyfriends it makes the most sense for Jess to come back given he's Luke's nephew. I know this will likely be unpopular but I really hope April, Liz and TJ are back as well. I like that Luke has his own family apart from the Gilmores. 

I hope they focus on Rory's career. If they want to have her spend time in Stars  Hollow, perhaps she takes time off after Richard dies and decides to write a book. I always thought Rory was more of a fiction writer than a hard-charging journalist. Like Anne Shirley, she'll find that the best stories come from what you know best. She could write a novel that takes place in a town like Stars  Hollow.

• Love 3

If they are Paris and Doyle's kids, I can see a scenario where Doyle became the stay at home dad to allow Paris to continue med school. Paris as a mom kind of scares me, though. I wouldn't want her aggressive, at time off-putting persona parlayed into motherhood for laughs. Now, if she is still the same Paris but can switch to loving, concerned mother with her kids, I could tolerate it. Doyle would definitely be the primary nurturer, though.

Paris could be very nurturing in her way. I think she'd be a fine mother: tough-minded and demanding with her kids, but the fiercest and most devoted protector you could imagine. Doyle would also provide a counterbalance to some of her more extreme tendencies.

-I think Rory's career will be somewhat of a focus in the revival. I don't think she'll be in a good place career-wise when she starts out. Maybe stuck in a dead-end newspaper job, in a bit of a rut, and not really getting anywhere with her career. But by the fourth episode, she'll find an amazing opportunity with room for growth.

-My guess is the revival will open with Rory coming home after Richard passes away. We won't see the actual funeral but we'll see everything directly after it. I think Richard's passing will cause friction between Lorelai and Emily and that'll carry out in a huge way through all four episodes. One of the first scenes may be Lorelai picking Rory up at the airport. She'll return at the end of episode 1 and we'll maybe see her at work in episode 2?

I think this is spot on. ASP mentioned that the choice of the season sequence beginning with "Winter" was deliberate, suggesting a stark and cold beginning, then warming to the golden glow of the "Fall" episode. So I think that the revival will begin with a few crises which result in the characters navigating a transition to a better, happier time: Richard dies shortly before the revival, Rory is in a job she dislikes, Rory's relationship with her boyfriend Paul is at an end (since "Paul" doesn't stick around past the first episode), Lorelai and Emily are hit very hard by Richard's death, etc. etc. I agree that this "Jim" fellow sounds like he could be Rory's potential new boss as of episode 2. By the "Fall" episode, I imagine Emily will have moved towards accepting Richard's death and her new life without him, Lorelai and Rory will have come to terms with Richard's death, and Rory will have a new job she enjoys and some or other new (or old?) romantic prospect.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I wonder if Lane's children will be hiding things under floorboards (or have some other way of hiding things from their mother). I can't see her being as harsh as her mother, but I had to laugh when her it turned out her mum was hiding things from *her* mother. 

• Love 1

Okay, if any of you watch How To Get Away With Murder, you can understand how I'm giggling at how perhaps this statue could be used on the show.  I've got to believe there will be something that ties it to the statue on HTGAWM.

tumblr_o14nviRnIm1sh4pa0o1_400.jpg

• Love 1

I hope Lorelai and Luke won't have any kids running around if they are together. I hate small kids (on television), because there are not an awful lot of child actors who are good.

Also, especially with this show, any kids of the main protagonists would be so precociously cutesy. Let's focus on Lorelai, Rory and Emily instead.

If it's any consolation, Stevie/Kwan and Tim/Gabriela are day players, so the cutesiness should hopefully be kept to a minimum.

I kind of wish we could see older versions of Doula and Gigi. I bet Gigi is a little hellraiser, the anti-Rory, if you will, and that Doula is going to be a fearsome badass who will give Liz shit 24/7. If you want a kid who's tough as nails, give them a wretched, easily mocked name. I call it the Boy Named Sue Principle. (The toughest of the tough stick with their shitty names and don't change them legally or go by different names. That's when you know you're dealing with someone truly badass.)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

If it's any consolation, Stevie/Kwan and Tim/Gabriela are day players, so the cutesiness should hopefully be kept to a minimum.

I kind of wish we could see older versions of Doula and Gigi. I bet Gigi is a little hellraiser, the anti-Rory, if you will, and that Doula is going to be a fearsome badass who will give Liz shit 24/7. If you want a kid who's tough as nails, give them a wretched, easily mocked name. I call it the Boy Named Sue Principle.

I could see that on all sides. We do know that Chris and Liz are going to be seen and Milo apparently is showing up at some point, if he's in "Winter" who knows at this point. However, considering it has been almost 10 years. The two kids in questions are in the teen/preteen days. In fact, I could see Kirk and Lulu having a kid or kids by now and they are like their parents making Kirk go: "Why has no one killed me by now?"

OK, I give.  Who are Paul, Tim, and Gabriela?  I never heard of any of them before.

It's listed upthread. Two casting notes were leaked in January. Paul is the guy we suspect will be Rory's boyfriend out of the gate (he's described as a "good boyfriend" in the description, but he's only sticking around for Episode 1). Tim and Gabriela are siblings, aged 5 and 7, who are specifically described as Caucasian. The speculation seems to be that they're Paris and Doyle's kids; the ages line up.

• Love 1

Bishop noted that the first of the four 90-minute episodes, titled “Winter,” suggests that “four months” have passed since Richard’s death, adding, “So by the time you get to [Episode 4 aka ‘Fall’] a whole year will have passed. And I know from my experience, that the first year [after losing a loved one] is awful. But when you hit that first year you start to emerge from it.” In other words, if a new gentleman were to enter Emily’s orbit, it would likely be in “Fall” — which, as bad luck would have it, happens to be the one script Bishop hadn’t gotten around to reading (yet).

--Ask Ausiello

• Love 1