Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Shade For Days

• Start Topic

Kenya continues to build her dream home, only to discover her family relationships need construction too.  Meanwhile, Porsha journeys to Los Angeles to cover an awards show; and Cynthia celebrates her eyewear line with a customer-appreciation event.

I'm glad bitchass don Juan apologized for turning up unnecessarily.

Kandi always turns up on the wrong people. Her beef is with Phaedra, who was the only person actually yalking about her husband. I don't blame Porsha for being annoyed by the kandi koated clique (lol), because none of this was even that serious.

I loved seeing Porsha working. The Emmy's are huge, good for her.

Kenya's dad is a mess, as is her skin.

I liked shamea tonight.

Todd made sense in the meeting and Phaedra looked shady.

• Love 18

Wow. The Emmys and everything else have really gotten to Porsha's head.

I thought at the eyewear party Kandi had said to Porsha that they didn't have anything to talk about. Why couldn't that have been the end of it? I would have taken it as "It's over, let's move on".

And Carmon, really? Know your place.

When Porsha and Kandi were having lunch I really wanted Kandi to say that of course she's gonna believe Don Juan who she's know all her life over Porsha who she's know for a hot minute.

I don't want to see Kenya and her manufactured drama. Didn't enjoy seeing her and her dad thi week and don't want to see her confront her mom next week. Although the info about her running away was interesting.

Cynthia and Peter.....don't care. I'm not even sure I like Cynthia's shades. Didn't see enough to say and I'm not motivated enough to look them up.

Porsha at the Emmys was funny and cute. I liked when dude was giving her a hard time about "could he tell her the most embarrassing thing..." I thought it was a cute lesson about interviewing for her. But she had to spoil it all with her stank attitude to her sister and everyone else

• Love 2

[/in my Morgan Freeman voice] And just like that, Phaedra torpedoed what was left of her friendship with Kandi.

Phaedra is such an asshole. She owes Todd money, yet, she's calling him a kept man because they're finally getting down to business? Nah. Now, I still stand by what I said initially about Todd letting this go on for too long. If someone owed me 8g's for two years, there was no way in hell I was letting it slide for that long. Nope to the nope.

However, holding up production until SHE says it's done is some bullshit. Todd is never going to get his money unless he lawyers up. I hope there wasn't any fine print in that contract.

I don't know how I feel about Lauren and Porsha. I do think that it's Porsha's responsibility to find a temp to perm replacement for Lauren, but at the same time, and I understand that this isn't fair since a) I can't tell Lauren how to feel and b) I haven't experienced pregnancy, yet, but I wasn't feeling Lauren's attitude, either. "I don't feel like being on my feet." Girl, what? Until otherwise, this is your job. It seemed as if she wanted to coast until Porsha found a replacement.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm angry at Kandi for letting her team think for her.  She and Phaedra were making headway on rebuilding their friendship and she let Don Juan and Carmon cloud her judgment once again.  It's one thing to have someone's back.  It's another to sabotage their friendships and keep bullshit flowing.  Kandi needs to handle her own private life and stop depending on her entourage to do it. 

I'm also mad at Bravo for kicking someone when they are down.  I'm not even a huge fan of Phaedra, but to give her this edit when she's been through a very traumatizing thing for a woman with two small kids to go through is disgraceful if you ask me.  She just had her marriage crumble after having a baby and now has the sole responsibility to raise those two little ones without their father and they are doing everything in their power to make her look like a bigger villain than she actually is in my opinion.  I don't care how they tried to make her look stupid with the video clips of her and Todd, Todd was a douche the way he handled trying to get his money from her.  And now I think Kandi is a bigger douche for acting butthurt over someone daring to mention her stupid husband in a conversation when she's the biggest gossipmonger on this show.  This episode really made me hate the Fuckers, oh sorry, I mean the Tuckers! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 14

Yo.  Ya boy had the receipts!  LOL.  It is over 8 grand.  Phaedra you're a dick. 

Porsha it is not gonna be difficult when Lauren has her baby, she just won't be your assistant anymore.  p.s. being on your feet for five hours at 21 weeks pregnant is sort of a big deal.  You're also a dick.

Kandi learn how to have a conversation in private.

Kenya's dad is in his feelings though?   I gotta admit I smiled when he called her Kenny.

I'll be back, Newlyweds bout to get crunk.

• Love 23

Kandi already responded to Phaedra's comments on instagram. It seems they were trying to work through it but watching tonight upset her all over again, which I get.

Yo. Ya boy had the receipts! LOL. It is over 8 grand. Phaedra you're a dick.

Porsha it is not gonna be difficult when Lauren has her baby, she just won't be your assistant anymore. p.s. being on your feet for five hours at 21 weeks pregnant is sort of a big deal. You're also a dick.

Kandi learn how to have a conversation in private.

Kenya's dad is in his feelings though? I gotta admit I smiled when he called her Kenny.

I'll be back, Newlyweds bout to get crunk.

Lots of women work when they're that pregnant, even jobs where they're on their feet. I did the first time. If it's your job, you have to do it barring health issues or you need to take leave early.

I think Lauren is just assuming she can slack off since Porsha is her sister but if she's getting paid, she needs to be working.

• Love 4

Since when has Kandi been best friends with Porsha's friend?

Phaedra is a total bitch. Doesn't she have a hitsory of stiffing people, or am I thinking of Sheree?

Someone needs to explain to Porsha that the slit on those dresses is not meant to frame one's clit. Tres tackey!

I didn't really care about the rest.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 5

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but, I'm surprised Kenya turned out as well as she did after seeing her father. Was he sober? You can't hold what a kid does at 14 against them for the rest of their life. Is Kim still part of the cast or is she just making cameo appearances now? I assume her husband was just out of camera range for her brief scenes,

• Love 17

Kandi already responded to Phaedra's comments on instagram. It seems they were trying to work through it but watching tonight upset her all over again, which I get.

Lots of women work when they're that pregnant, even jobs where they're on their feet. I did the first time. If it's your job, you have to do it barring health issues or you need to take leave early.

I think Lauren is just assuming she can slack off since Porsha is her sister but if she's getting paid, she needs to be working.

I know girl I did too, up till week 37, but I had a desk job.   Porsha's her sister so the lines are gonna blur but what I'm saying is that it's perfectly reasonable for Lauren to bring up reevaluating the job she has if it involves regularly standing for hours at a time without relief.  Porsha's reaction wasn't about replacing Lauren, it was about the inconvenience it was causing to Porsha's *career* that she even be pregnant.

• Love 10

Todd brought receipts and they show that Phaedra owes Todd another $8000.

For all we know, KANDI might have gotten Todd to stand down about the money for the past two years but now that her friendship with Phaedra is pretty much over, told him to be like Rihanna and get that money.

There's a lot more to this Kandi/Todd vs Phaedra that we aren't privy to, but I think it boils down to Kandi sided with Apollo and Phaedra is punishing Todd because of it. From what Todd was talking about in the meeting, looks like the deal was between him and Phaedra, not him, Apollo and Phaedra. That's why Todd's going after Phaedra for the money, not Apollo.

Plus, Todd probably didn't want to take any of Apollo's money because it was funny. It's best Todd never got any money from Apollo or the Feds could make Todd an accessory to money laundering or something,

Phaedra was snarking on Kandi's kept man, all while she is probably putting money on her kept man's books.

Carmon shouldn't have been in the situation at all because she wasn't there. Did like her pointing out how Phaedra could afford to buy new boobs, clothes, weaves and purses but is now too poor to pay her bill with Todd.

Kandi really should've taken the issue up with Phaedra, not Porsha. I don't see anything wrong with what Porsha did.

The Kandi/Phaedra friendship is over. it ultimately has nothing to do with Todd, Apollo, $8000 etc. they're just the surface & the symptoms.

Kandi doesn't trust Phaedra. I don't think you can have a good relationship with anyone without that trust.

Phaedra feels Kandi has betrayed her by not being on her side, so Phaedra is going to be on PHAEDRA's side and do what she has to do to get coins and feed her kids.

That's precisely why Kandi doesn't trust Phaedra. Stick a fork in it, it's over. Burnt, even.

A final word of advice to Kandi: don't be smug about your huzzbin. It usually doesn't end well when you are.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 8

I know girl I did too, up till week 37, but I had a desk job. Porsha's her sister so the lines are gonna blur but what I'm saying is that it's perfectly reasonable for Lauren to bring up reevaluating the job she has if it involves regularly standing for hours at a time without relief. Porsha's reaction wasn't about replacing Lauren, it was about the inconvenience it was causing to Porsha's *career* that she even be pregnant.

True and Porsha could have been more sympathetic. I didn't realize Lauren was her assistant. I thought she just hung around. But knowing how busy Porsha is, I get why she's worried. It would probably be better for all if she hired someone else now and kept Lauren on as a second assistant or something.

• Love 2

Porsha can be very self-absorbed, but I get why she's concerned, and it would have been good if Lauren had made any indication that she'd pulled together some good candidates to fill in and/or take over permanently.  

I simply don't care about Kenya.  I guess I can see why she turned out to be such an asshole, but she's still an asshole, so...

Phaedra is shady, and Kandi is passive-aggressive and weak, so there's no side there for me to take.  

• Love 8

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but, I'm surprised Kenya turned out as well as she did after seeing her father. Was he sober? You can't hold what a kid does at 14 against them for the rest of their life. Is Kim still part of the cast or is she just making cameo appearances now? I assume her husband was just out of camera range for her brief scenes,

I agree.  All of this happened in her childhood.  Yet, she went to a real college and obtained a degree.  She won two titles that women feverishly vie for every single year.  

I know people who have been handed a lot in life and don't make nearly as much of it.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 17

I think Kenya's parents (both of them) were 15, 16 when they had her. Their immaturity dealing with her at that young age has really affected her. Wish she could e been taken from all of them and given to a healthy family.

edit: Here's what Kandi has to say about this money situation. http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/973064-Kandi-Responds-to-Phraudra-Concerning-Jabs-Todd

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3
(edited)

For all we know, KANDI might have gotten Todd to stand down about the money for the past two years but now that her friendship with Phaedra is pretty much over, told him to be like Rihanna and get that money.

To me, the time for Todd to go after his money was when Phaedra was spending $10,000.00 on Mr. President's coming out party, or whatever she called it.  It was pretty obvious then that the Nida's weren't hurting for money and they were still together.  Phaedra said she went into labor before the final touches on the video could be made, so why not take it back up when the baby was born and everything looked back to normal?  If you snooze, you lose.  See how that procrastination turned out Todd?  Moral to the story:  Never do business with friends or family.  It always turns out bad for at least one of the people involved. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

Porsha can be very self-absorbed, but I get why she's concerned, and it would have been good if Lauren had made any indication that she'd pulled together some good candidates to fill in and/or take over permanently.

I don't think it should be Lauren's job to find her replacement. I think Lauren should put measures in place to ensure a smooth transition (documenting procedures, that kind of thing), but Porsha should be the one to hire someone. i think it's the boss's job to figure out coverage when someone is out.

It really bugged me that Porsha expected her not to take a real maternity leave (and two months is nothing), insinuating that Lauren should work during it. We do maternity leave SO wrong in this country.

• Love 12

I think Kenya's parents (both of them) were 15, 16 when they had her. Their immaturity dealing with her at that young age has really affected her. Wish she could e been taken from all of them and given to a healthy family.

Did she say she ran away from TX to Detroit?
  • Love 2

I'm beginning to dislike Kim too. It's like she's being given special treatment because she's the biggest name they have. The special treatment being she doesn't even have to appear.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6
I don't think it should be Lauren's job to find her replacement. I think Lauren should put measures in place to ensure a smooth transition (documenting procedures, that kind of thing), but Porsha should be the one to hire someone. i think it's the boss's job to figure out coverage when someone is out.

It doesn't even sound like she's done that much, though.  She seemed like she had already checked out.

Forgot to mention, Kandi REALLY gave me Mama Joyce vibes in her rant to Porsha.  She was really irked at the idea that Porsha might think that Phaedra needed more support at that time.  And then guess who pops up on the promo!

Edited by Rina99
  • Love 8

I'm angry at Kandi for letting her team think for her.  She and Phaedra were making headway on rebuilding their friendship and she let Don Juan and Carmon cloud her judgment once again.  It's one thing to have someone's back.  It's another to sabotage their friendships and keep bullshit flowing.  Kandi needs to handle her own private life and stop depending on her entourage to do it. 

I'm also mad at Bravo for kicking someone when they are down.  I'm not even a huge fan of Phaedra, but to give her this edit when she's been through a very traumatizing thing for a woman with two small kids to go through is disgraceful if you ask me.  She just had her marriage crumble after having a baby and now has the sole responsibility to raise those two little ones without their father and they are doing everything in their power to make her look like a bigger villain than she actually is in my opinion.  I don't care how they tried to make her look stupid with the video clips of her and Todd, Todd was a douche the way he handled trying to get his money from her.  And now I think Kandi is a bigger douche for acting butthurt over someone daring to mention her stupid husband in a conversation when she's the biggest gossipmonger on this show.  This episode really made me hate the Fuckers, oh sorry, I mean the Tuckers! 

To me, Kandi came of jealous that Porsha thought Phaedra needed her more than she did. I get that Kandi lost her MIL and that she is pregnant. I get that they needed IVF for her to get pregnant but by all accounts, unless I missed something, her pregnancy has been normal, no problems, no spotting, no extreme morning sickness, no high blood pressure, the only concerns at this date is her age and stress. Which makes me ask why is she on this show during her pregnancy with all the stress the show brings? JMO, YMMV

Since when has Kandi been best friends with Porsha's friend?

Phaedra is a total bitch. Doesn't she have a hitsory of stiffing people, or am I thinking of Sheree?

Someone needs to explain to Porsha that the slit on those dresses is not meant to frame one's clit. Tres tackey!

I didn't really care about the rest.

I caught that as well. So Kandi has know her longer than Porsha has and they are close. So why then, didn't she listen to her, as she was there for the ENTIRE conversation, instead of DJ who admittedly only heard the tail end of the conversation. IMO, you are either ON Kandi's side or forget you.

• Love 5

All this over a video nobody asked for nor wants to see nor buy.

I always want to like Phaedra because I find her amusing, she gives good TH and her boys are amazing but I really wasn't down for her tomfoolery this evening. Yes, Todd is terrible at debt collection and is a felon sympathizer but I saw the Phaedra that many posters here and elsewhere have been alluding to. She really is a slithery snake. To go through all that and seem to come to some sort of agreement to pay up and then sit in a TH and say the project isn't over until she says (IOW, she wasn't gonna pay until she felt like it) it is was beyond the pale. 

if Kandi and Phaedra's relationship wasn't irreparable before it is now. Phaedra basically saying that Todd was a failure as a producer and Kandi's kept man - sweet lawd! It is a wrap. 

It is funny to me that Kandi looks more consistently better during pregnancy than she ever has in the past few seasons. Why is that?!?

Kandi is barking up the wrong tree with Porsha. Even though I have issues with Phaedra, I thought it was ugly and unfair for Kandi to say that Phaedra wanted him gone before he even left. Nope. I thought Porsha was right on and I was rooting for her vs Kandi and the Kandi Coated Crew. 

It is too bad that Don Juan and Cardamon aren't as proficient and diligent in their duties as Kandi's employees as they are as her ride or die bitch squad or Kandi would be a billionaire by now.  

Kenya running away to Detroit at 12 was a surprise. I didn't even know that she ever lived with him, let alone had some kind of relationship. Why did I have the impression that Kenya's dad absconded like a thief in the night pretty much right after she was born and only had sporadic contact after that. Granted he was an ass for not talking to her after she ran away but I really thought they had practically no relationship.  He is a weird dude though.

Kim is really awkward as hell. That conversation with Kandi at the eyeglass event was soooo cringe worthy!

Porsha at the Emmys was really fun. I get what Porsha was saying in her talk with her sister but damn she came off as selfish self-involved jackass! That is her niece/nephew she is carrying.  At the same time, her sister seemed a bit apathetic. If Porsha is right and Lauren is financially dependent on Porsha being successful than she should be making sure that Porsha, the industry, remains a going concern when she goes on maternity leave. They should both be working on a backup plan. 

• Love 11

I always want to like Phaedra because I find her amusing, she gives good TH and her boys are amazing but I really wasn't down for her tomfoolery this evening. Yes, Todd is terrible at debt collection and is a felon sympathizer but I saw the Phaedra that many posters here and elsewhere have been alluding to. She really is a slithery snake. To go through all that and seem to come to some sort of agreement to pay up and then sit in a TH and say the project isn't over until she says (IOW, she wasn't gonna pay until she felt like it) it is was beyond the pale. 

if Kandi and Phaedra's relationship wasn't irreparable before it is now. Phaedra basically saying that Todd was a failure as a producer and Kandi's kept man - sweet lawd! It is a wrap. 

It is funny to me that Kandi looks more consistently better during pregnancy than she ever has in the past few seasons. Why is that?!?

Kandi is barking up the wrong tree with Porsha. Even though I have issues with Phaedra, I thought it was ugly and unfair for Kandi to say that Phaedra wanted him gone before he even left. Nope. I thought Porsha was right on and I was rooting for her vs Kandi and the Kandi Coated Crew. 

It is too bad that Don Juan and Cardamon aren't as proficient and diligent in their duties as Kandi's employees as they are as her ride or die bitch squad or Kandi would be a billionaire by now.  

Kenya running away to Detroit at 12 was a surprise. I didn't even know that she ever lived with him, let alone had some kind of relationship. Why did I have the impression that Kenya's dad absconded like a thief in the night pretty much right after she was born and only had sporadic contact after that. Granted he was an ass for not talking to her after she ran away but I really thought they had practically no relationship.  He is a weird dude though.

Kim is really awkward as hell. That conversation with Kandi at the eyeglass event was soooo cringe worthy!

Porsha at the Emmys was really fun. I get what Porsha was saying in her talk with her sister but damn she came off as selfish self-involved jackass! That is her niece/nephew she is carrying.  At the same time, her sister seemed a bit apathetic. If Porsha is right and Lauren is financially dependent on Porsha being successful than she should be making sure that Porsha, the industry, remains a going concern when she goes on maternity leave. They should both be working on a backup plan. 

I only remember Kenya saying that she was abandoned by her parents then rejected by her mother to be raised by her Grandmother with help from the Aunt. I do NOT recall her ever saying that she lived with her Father at any time. IMO, she misled us into believing she was the poor abandoned child that overcame all obstacles for her storyline and for sympathy. Kenya is a calculating woman, like this upcoming episode shows, surprising her mother with Bravo cameras in tow, calculating to the hilt IMO.

• Love 9

To me, the time for Todd to go after his money was when Phaedra was spending $10,000.00 on Mr. President's coming out party, or whatever she called it.  It was pretty obvious then that the Nida's weren't hurting for money and they were still together.  Phaedra said she went into labor before the final touches on the video could be made, so why not take it back up when the baby was born and everything looked back to normal?  If you snooze, you lose.  See how that procrastination turned out Todd?  Moral to the story:  Never do business with friends or family.  It always turns out bad for at least one of the people involved. 

So instead of expecting someone to pay you what they owe you, you have to run around after them and chase them down for money they know they owe you? This is how Phaedra treats her friend?  But its his fault for not tracking her down and picking the right time to demand she pay the money she knows she owes.  Since her ultimate goal was to avoid payment this is just going to be a long line in her never ending list of excuses in her attempt to absolve herself of any responsibilities for her own actions.

these moves are straight out of the Phaedra Parks playbook when confronted with a situation where she may be at fault:

1. deny

2. deny some more

3. see if there is someone else that can be blamed

4. deny loudly to friends and on camera

6. try to deflect

7. insult everyone so that the issue gets confused and maybe people don't hold her accountable.

8. insult everyone and allude to the fact that because of your insults they are the ones to blame for whatever she has done.

• Love 22

No one should have had to chase Phaedra around for money she owed.  That is ridiculous.  She isn't some country bumpkin, she is a well-educated lawyer, or so she likes to remind us.  Did she really think she could just skip the final payment and no one would say anything?  I'm sure she was hoping that since she and Kandi were friends, that it would just be "forgotten."  Shady, shady, shady and she looks worse and more foolish with every passing week.  Her attitude SUCKS.  What was the point of disparaging Todd like that, calling him little, saying that he must be searching for coins and that his show had been cancelled and that he was kept?  What a fucking bitch.  Pay him the money you owe him and shut up about it, trifling ho.

So glad the editors just EXPOSED her fakery and lying.  I seriously can't stand her.

Porsha did much better at the Emmys than Nene would have. 

• Love 19

So instead of expecting someone to pay you what they owe you, you have to run around after them and chase them down for money they know they owe you? This is how Phaedra treats her friend?  But its his fault for not tracking her down and picking the right time to demand she pay the money she knows she owes.  Since her ultimate goal was to avoid payment this is just going to be a long line in her never ending list of excuses in her attempt to absolve herself of any responsibilities for her own actions.

My thing is not that Todd should chase after Phaedra for his money, but he should have gotten back with Phaedra on finishing up the DVD and getting it ready for distribution which would probably have lead to him getting his final payment.  He said he was waiting on Phaedra to send a photo for the DVD's cover, so he should have gotten with her way before now to finalize that project.  Like I said, once Dylan was born and Phaedra was spending all kinds of money for his naming party, that would have been the perfect time to make an appointment with her to talk about finishing the DVD.  I think he let Phaedra and Kandi's falling out interfere with him conducting his business with Phaedra which once again emphasizes why you don't do business with friends.  It's a doggone shame that money comes between friends like that, especially since Phaedra played a big part in getting Kandi and Todd together in the first place. 

• Love 8

Kenya's dad is a pretty miserable dude, huh? Did he have one single nice thing to say about anything? And had the GALL to 1) not talk for years to his preteen daughter who went back to the only familiar place she had and 2) sit up and cry about how hurt he was that a child whose mother won't even acknowledge her, was lost and looking for a comfortable home. Kenya has more strength than me to not cuss him out, but she's damaged and wants her family. I do have to credit her strength and her aunt. I am torn about the family drama on cam. On one hand, people complain that she's fake, and this is about the realest she could bring, but I also wonder if she is more over it than she says and is using it for a storyline...i'd guess a combo of the two.

Porsha is letting her jealousy of Lauren get her pissy. She's getting a little extra with her. I'm done with her continual "I'll be the bigger person" stance where she pretends not to hold grudges or ever be in the wrong. I loved watching the stars scuttle past her on the carpet. As far as the confrontation, Carmon really didn't have any business approaching her.

I'm sick of both Phaedra and Porsha referring to Don/Carmon as hired help etc. Those bitches aren't better than anyone elsePorsha knows she would get all in her feelings if someone said that about Lauren. If we want to use titles, instead of "huzzzbin" let's . just refer to Apollo as Phaedra's felonious spouse.

Kim looked good at the party. What was the purpose of the shot at the restaurant with the kids? I couldn't care less. I also didn't miss her preying mantis looking husband.

Cynthia and Peter...duds. She really is more interesting in her scenes without him.

When did Marlo replace Dwight as event coordinator?

Shamea was trying to play the runtelldat middleman. She got shut down on her lil trip to the Kandi Factory to tattle on Don Juan. I guess she thought that would be her role, too bad she didn't do well enough for a peach. Also, sometimes she looks 29, sometimes she looks 48. Carmon didn't have any business approaching

Todd had not only the receipts, but the entire cash register tape AND the packing slips were provided by Bravo. Damn. All Phaedra's sorry ass could do was sit there with the lil smirk with nary a word to say. Then she had the nerve to deliver that rehearsed "read" just like the one she did with Kenya at the reunion. She is not at all capable of coming up with something on her feet, especially when she is dead wrong. Funny how she is able to say shit about folks when the truth of her situation is 10x worse. She thinks she's so smart but damn if she doesn't show the reality when she opens her mouth. Remember her sperm donor criminal comment while Pretty 'Pollo the felon was already getting laptops snatched on the low, we just didn't know about it? Now she's got the nerve to talk about Kandi's husband's money when her husband's was coming from Delta retirees and fraudulent auto loans? Maybe she should've put Apollo on an allowance, then she wouldn't have had to worry about the feds going over her finances. I hope Kandi drags her to hell and back at the reunion for that bullshit. We all know Kandi doesn't play about her man or her momma. And oops on Kandi throwing out there that Phaedra couldn't stand Apollo and was ready for him to be gone long before prison came.

Phaedra, girl, bye. 

A thousand, million times this entire post.  All day.  Especially the last paragraph. 

Maybe she should have just gotten a sperm donor so she could have picked a man that at least had a basic grasp of English.

My thing is not that Todd should chase after Phaedra for his money, but he should have gotten back with Phaedra on finishing up the DVD and getting it ready for distribution which would probably have lead to him getting his final payment.  He said he was waiting on Phaedra to send a photo for the DVD's cover, so he should have gotten with her way before now to finalize that project.  Like I said, once Dylan was born and Phaedra was spending all kinds of money for his naming party, that would have been the perfect time to make an appointment with her to talk about finishing the DVD.  I think he let Phaedra and Kandi's falling out interfere with him conducting his business with Phaedra which once again emphasizes why you don't do business with friends.  It's a doggone shame that money comes between friends like that, especially since Phaedra played a big part in getting Kandi and Todd together in the first place. 

My thing is that this has all turned into the many, many things Todd SHOULD have done to get Phaedra to pay the money she knows she owes.  That to me is the bottom line and everything else is her attempts to deflect blame.  You shouldn't need to do anything to get a final payment if you're owed the money and you delivered on the contractual terms. She has admitted, plainly that she owes him money, so by her own admission he has lived up to his end of the bargain.  And if she is supposed to send him a picture for HER project which she contracted HIM for, it is incumbent upon HER to do that.  

Its not a shame, its Phaedra, I think she rightfully saw Kandi as a sucker and figured she wouldn't pay and if someone asked her for money she would insult them and deflect and hope it went away.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 9

Kandi and Don Juan are getting roasted on Twitter. I can't get on board with Kandi's outrage over the non payment to Todd considering how she let Kim Zolciak rip her off for tens of thousands, insult her to her face numerous times and still cried over their lost friendship. Nor can I take her seriously by being insulted on Todd's behalf via the Don Juan's exaggerated retelling of his overheard conversation. Kandi sat back and allowed everyone to talk trash about Todd including her own Mother saying Todd was the product of a Pimp and Prostitute. Or when her beloved Don Juan didn't want her to marry Todd since it might interfere with her money and all the shady things he said about Todd while they were trying to produce her failed play. 

I'm surprised about her complete lack of empathy regarding the Apollo situation. Apollo treated Phaedra terribly, disrespecting her at every turn. Kandi and Todd defended him all last season. Funny she doesn't remember all the times they talked about the Nida marriage on camera. I think the final straw was Kandi saying Phaedra should take the kids to prison.

Dummy Porsha had to explain that even if you hate your husband you're still dealing with a lot of emotions as your marriage comes to an end. Kandi came off to me as being jealous that Phaedra had other friendships outside of her not upset about Todd not being paid.

Todd should be paid what he's owed for the work he did but he went about it the wrong way.

• Love 16

Wow. The Emmys and everything else have really gotten to Porsha's head.

Heh. In addition to putting her dress on wrong, she was worried about not having anyone to tell her what to say, which was a moot point since everyone pretty much gave her the brush-off.

Phaedra is shady, and Kandi is passive-aggressive and weak, so there's no side there for me to take.  

That pretty much sums it all up for me at this point.

I'm beginning to dislike Kim too. It's like she's being given special treatment because she's the biggest name they have. The special treatment being she doesn't even have to appear.

I don't blame her. Wouldn't you want the same?

I only remember Kenya saying that she was abandoned by her parents then rejected by her mother to be raised by her Grandmother with help from the Aunt. I do NOT recall her ever saying that she lived with her Father at any time. IMO, she misled us into believing she was the poor abandoned child that overcame all obstacles for her storyline and for sympathy. Kenya is a calculating woman, like this upcoming episode shows, surprising her mother with Bravo cameras in tow, calculating to the hilt IMO.

THAT'S what was bugging me about Kenya's segments with her father! Kenya is worse than Hillary Clinton sometimes when it comes to authenticity.

• Love 2

According to Kandi's Instagram (which I linked to above, to a site that screen capped her Instagram) Todd sent Phaedra invoices and she ignored them and Kandi told him to give her time. So if anyone is to blame in the delay of Todd getting his money it would be Phaedra first for not paying, but then Kandi for telling Todd to fall back while Phaedra was having a tough time.

As mentioned above, Kandi and Todd had receipts, ledger books, profit & loss statements and tracking numbers where Phaedra and this money was concerned.

Debt collectors come after you YEARS after you incur the initial debt so I don't know why people expect Todd go throw his hands up and say "It's ok, you don't have to pay. My bad" 3 years later.

Only someone who is salty about having to pay what they owe would talk bad about the person they owe's financial situation.

• Love 17

I know people needle Todd about never dressing up for anything, but would it have hurt him to dress a little more business-like when he met Phaedra, or at least sit up in his chair instead of being slouched in it?

• Love 5

Kandi and Don Juan are getting roasted on Twitter. I can't get on board with Kandi's outrage over the non payment to Todd considering how she let Kim Zolciak rip her off for tens of thousands, insult her to her face numerous times and still cried over their lost friendship. Nor can I take her seriously by being insulted on Todd's behalf via the Don Juan's exaggerated retelling of his overheard conversation. Kandi sat back and allowed everyone to talk trash about Todd including her own Mother saying Todd was the product of a Pimp and Prostitute. Or when her beloved Don Juan didn't want her to marry Todd since it might interfere with her money and all the shady things he said about Todd while they were trying to produce her failed play. 

I'm surprised about her complete lack of empathy regarding the Apollo situation. Apollo treated Phaedra terribly, disrespecting her at every turn. Kandi and Todd defended him all last season. Funny she doesn't remember all the times they talked about the Nida marriage on camera. I think the final straw was Kandi saying Phaedra should take the kids to prison.

Dummy Porsha had to explain that even if you hate your husband you're still dealing with a lot of emotions as your marriage comes to an end. Kandi came off to me as being jealous that Phaedra had other friendships outside of her not upset about Todd not being paid.

Todd should be paid what he's owed for the work he did but he went about it the wrong way.

I totally agree with this whole post!!!

• Love 2

Phaedra looked surprised that Todd came prepared with cancelled checks, the original budget and release forms; I don't think she was expecting that.

So glad that Porsha wouldn't even entertain Carmon's BS, she wasn't even there.

Kenya did say she ran away at 12 from Texas back to Detroit because she didn't like her new school or the neighborhood they moved too.  My question is who did she run back too?  I remember her father saying when he visited before that he asked his mother to take Kenya as a baby when her mother tried to get him to agree to put her up for adoption. He and Kenya's mother were only 16 at the time.  Sad that Kenya's father held a grudge and didn't speak to her for 5 years for something she did at 12.  Kenya and her family have some deep seated issues, dating back to her conception up until now.  Kenya's relationship problems with people in general and men in particular clearly stems from those issues.  I'm so looking forward to the "confrontation" with her mother.  I wonder if her mother will embrace her or not open the door.  These folks need an episode of Iyanla Fix My Life.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 6

I totally agree with this whole post!!!

Thirded. Kandi sounded extremely petty during that lunch but it seems Porsha finally got through to her by the end. Like get over yourself kandi, people are allowed to befriend your best friend. That's some high school shit right there.

• Love 11

According to Kandi's Instagram (which I linked to above, to a site that screen capped her Instagram) Todd sent Phaedra invoices and she ignored them and Kandi told him to give her time. So if anyone is to blame in the delay of Todd getting his money it would be Phaedra first for not paying, but then Kandi for telling Todd to fall back while Phaedra was having a tough time.

As mentioned above, Kandi and Todd had receipts, ledger books, profit & loss statements and tracking numbers where Phaedra and this money was concerned.

Debt collectors come after you YEARS after you incur the initial debt so I don't know why people expect Todd go throw his hands up and say "It's ok, you don't have to pay. My bad" 3 years later.

Only someone who is salty about having to pay what they owe would talk bad about the person they owe's financial situation.

They needed to say that a few episodes ago and if it was edited out, then say via twitter like she did tonight. Phaedra needs to pay him and Kandi needs to stay out of Todd's business deals, like others above have pointed out, her own track record getting paid is horrible.

Thirded. Kandi sounded extremely petty during that lunch but it seems Porsha finally got through to her by the end. Like get over yourself kandi, people are allowed to befriend your best friend. That's some high school shit right there.

She is doing to Porsha what she did to Phaedra as far as you can't be my friend if you are friends with......whoever I am mad at. With Phaedra it was Nene and with Porsha it is Phaedra. LOL You are soooo right, it IS very HS behavior or like Jr HS/Elementary School behavior. LOL

• Love 5

Wow. I have always liked Phaedra, but now I see why she's been called Fakedra. I would never speak to her again if I were Kandi. Kandi isn't perfect either, but Phaedra's THs were too much. All over $8,000. When she said something about, "Aww poor Todd must be looking in the couch cushions," I wanted to slap her smug face. Phaedra YOU look like the broke-ass one, arguing and seething over $8,000. What is your deal? Any sympathy I had for her is now gone. I started giving her the side-eye the moment she said she doesn't "Fraternize with her friend's workers." Phaedra, your husband is a convicted felon and you met him in jail- you aren't too good to talk to anybody and you never will be. At least Kandi's workers don't steal from other people to make a living.

Phaedra and Porsha, you can miss me acting like you're so above talking to Kandi's team. Porsha you're where you're at because you married Kordell. So miss me thinking you're better than the "hired help". Is that how you see Lauren? Judging by how you treat her- probably. Sorry sister, but you aren't Kim and you never will be. (I don't even like Carmon and Don Juan, so I'm not standing up for them for any reason beyond common decency.) And acting like you can't remember someone's name and implying a gay man is on his period are so funny Porsha! Except that you just copied old tired jokes.

Nobody here is likable anymore.

Kenya was left by her parent's and given to her grandmother. Because Dad got older and decided he wanted all of his kids to live under one roof earns him no pass from me. His dream? What the fuck ever. What about your children's dreams? You abandoned your kids when it was convenient and then when it suited your ego and your dream you wanted them all together? And when Kenya didn't follow your plan your ego was hurt, so you didn't talk to her for 5 years? Pathetic excuse for a father. And I doubt he would have anything to do with Kenya now if she was poor. Kenya's father is all about what she can do for him, fill some spot in his guilty conscience, complete his dream, boost his ego, etc. I wouldn't doubt that she's "loaning" him money.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 20

Seriously, Where is all her uplifting Black males speech?  

Todd could serve as a role model for many, her boys included, as it seems he has worked his way up in the industry after many years of steady, hard work.  She trusted him enough to hire him to produce her project at a discount, and was pleased with the result, as was shown by Bravo.  Yet she disparages him publicly about his stature and untruthfully goes in on him about digging through sofas for change and getting an allowance.  Because...he has to go after her for payment???

What examples are you showing your young Black sons, Phaedra?

• Love 23
Kenya did say she ran away at 12 from Texas back to Detroit because she didn't like her new school or the neighborhood they moved too.  My question is who did she run back too?

I am confused about why they are saying she ran away.  Aside from being a young parent, her father probably has some other issues. When I was a youngun I would have loved to live with my grandparents, whom I thought were more carefree than my parents.  But, at 12, I did not have the option of choosing whom I wanted to live with.  If a child runs away, I would think it incumbent upon the parent to go get them and bring them "home."

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 7

Seriously, Where is all her uplifting Black males speech?  

Todd could serve as a role model for many, her boys included, as it seems he has worked his way up in the industry after many years of steady, hard work.  She trusted him enough to hire him to produce her project at a discount, and was pleased with the result, as was shown by Bravo.  Yet she disparages him publicly about his stature and untruthfully goes in on him about digging through sofas for change and getting an allowance.  Because...he has to go after her for payment???

What examples are you showing your young Black sons, Phaedra?

I think at this point, any law abiding man makes Phaedra realize what a lowlife she married and her green is coming out as well as her red/rage. She needs to turn that rage towards Apollo and towards herself as she chose him. She lost me tonight with her nasty comments about Todd and the couch cushions. She could have just apologized, cut him a check/payment in full and came out of this with a small amount of dignity intact, she blew it by getting petty IMO.

• Love 11

Damn, I wanted to watch the show and live comment so I could remember my bitch and moan talking points, but my bestie demanded Long Island Medium.....

Soooooo, Moore Manor. I once had a pretty decent treehouse that suffered damage from a hurricane. It still appeared to be built better than the nouveau Moore Mansion is coming together.

And Phaedra, honey, pay Todd his money. I really was feeling her after last week's son-going-to-first-day-of-kindergarten, but the TH this week about Todd was just so bitchy. I was glad Todd had all the paperwork to show her.

• Love 6

I am confused about why they are saying she ran away.  Aside from being a young parent, her father probably has some other issues. When I was a youngun I would have loved to live with my grandparents, whom I thought were more carefree than my parents.  But, at 12, I did not have the option of choosing who I wanted to live with.  If a child runs away, I would think it incumbent upon the parent to go get them and bring them "home."

Kenya said that she ran away on the show tonight, her words. They didn't go into detail about what happened when she first ran back to her Grandmother, like did her father try to get her back with him, did she refuse to come back, did either try to speak to the other right after it happened or did the grandmother get between the 2? There are more questions than answers concerning how this all went down IMO. Either way, it was bad for all of them and should have been dealt with years ago for both of their emotional wellbeing/health.

• Love 3

I am confused about why they are saying she ran away.  Aside from being a young parent, her father probably has some other issues. When I was a youngun I would have loved to live with my grandparents, whom I thought were more carefree than my parents.  But, at 12, I did not have the option of choosing whom I wanted to live with.  If a child runs away, I would think it incumbent upon the parent to go get them and bring them "home."

I'm with you on this.  I got in a huge fight with my dad in my early teens and "ran away" to live with my aunt.  My dad gave it about two weeks for everything to cool down and we talked and I came back home.  I don't think you should expect the emotional maturity from a 12 year old that you should expect from the parent of a 12 year old.  

• Love 6

I would just like to know who Phaedra pissed off over at Bravo, because they were not playing any games with her this episode. They showed footage that either cosigned Todd or contradicted every lie/omission she made. I'm glad Todd had his paperwork. As someone upthread said, she looked surprised when he pulled it out. He left no room for the "I already cut a $30k check; what more does he want" or "it wasn't $8k, it was only $5k." Phaedra is a lying liar.

• Love 17

In life I tend to stay away from people who talk and carry on the way Phaedra does. Like sugar wouldn't melt in their mouths. The sideways looks, the sly smiles while making underhanded digs, the barely open mouth way of speaking. These types of women are the worst. They are the female version of smeary.

Kandi is better off with her "help" than the likes of Phaedra. 

I was reminded of season 1 Porsha at the Emmys. More of this girl and less of the "ho-ish" persona she put on after Kordell. She evolved from a carefree beautiful young woman into an over sexualized person I didn't care for. 

• Love 7

I would just like to know who Phaedra pissed off over at Bravo, because they were not playing any games with her this episode. They showed footage that either cosigned Todd or contradicted every lie/omission she made. I'm glad Todd had his paperwork. As someone upthread said, she looked surprised when he pulled it out. He left no room for the "I already cut a $30k check; what more does he want" or "it wasn't $8k, it was only $5k." Phaedra is a lying liar.

Maybe someone on the Bravo staff was a victim of one of Apollo's scams.  Or it may be that since Todd was once on the production staff, they side with him more than Phaedra.  Whatever the case, Phaedra is getting the shit beat out of her this season. 

• Love 9