Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom OG: Behind the Scenes

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

I think Cate and  Tyler continually talking with Nova about her sister Carly is going to be very confusing for Nova at some point. She is way too young to understand why her sister wouldn't live with them. Especially if she has another brother or sister at some point.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Some thoughts...

Okay, so I am not fishing for sympathy here or anything, just trying to get a sideways feel for C&T's situation. Six years ago our youngest son died. He passed away in his sleep, cause of death "undetermined." A year later we had our daughter. Sometimes I liken my situation with Cate's: I also have a child who's not here that I still love, and a younger child who wasn't part of the original equation from when he was still here. In the world of child loss, we all have different ways of coping. I, for instance, keep pictures up around the house, answer questions, and occasionally share a memory with my other 2 kids (our oldest son was alive when the little one passed and he vaguely remembers him). The kids and I always make a cake on his birthday and we decorate his grave on his birthday, death day, and Christmas. I mostly deal with my grief on a private and personal level and don't involve the kids. (Although I DID write a book about infant loss and spilled my guts in it.) I know some parents, however, who have lost infants and continue to make them a regular part of the family and kind of go to the extreme. They will even set places at the table for them and buy them clothes and toys for whatever age they would be. One mother I know created a children's story book with pictures of her baby and a little story. She reads this to her other kids every night at bedtime, children born after her child passed away, so that they will "know" their brother. 

I have pretty much seen and heard it all. There is no right or wrong way to grieving or including a child's memory. With that being said, I am still totally creeped out by the way that C&T obsess over Carly. The whole thing with Nova reminds me of MY SWEET AUDRINA. The next thing we know, Tyler will be putting Nova in the little rocking chair, trying to get her to earn Carly's "gifts." 

I, too, have suffered child loss.  I, too, have tried to see Catelynn's situation from a different angle.  My daughter, who is 8 now, is a daily reminder of what I don't have:  her twin brother died in utero at 32 weeks gestation.  She and her brother were delivered via C-section.  As a result of my son's fetal death, my daughter was born prematurely and spent 28 days in NICU.  Imagine trying to deal with a stillbirth and NICU all at the same time, particularly after struggling with fertility treatments and having some very early losses along the way.  

The way I deal with my grief is to make sure our son is never forgotten by speaking his name, and often.  His surviving twin will always know she's got a brother.  My 'rainbow' baby will always know she's got a big brother in Heaven (disclaimer:  we're not religious folks; Heaven is the easiest concept I could find in explaining where he is when my daughters were very young).  We planted a memorial tree after he passed away.  We set up a little memorial in our living room, complete with an urn that contain his ashes.  My daughter's birthday cake will forever  have two candles on it.  We send balloons to Heaven every July 22nd.  Ever since 2010, I've participated in the local March for Babies and raise funds in his memory.  I have joined online support groups, seeking and offering support.  And I make an annual donation to a charity around his birthday and around Christmas.

But I didn't willingly give up my son to keep my relationship with a boyfriend.  I fought tooth and nail through treatments so I could be a mom in the first place.  Losing my son is the worst pain that I have ever felt, and I'll place bets that it is the worst pain I will ever again feel.  Losing him has changed me in ways I cannot put into words:  I love on his sisters that much more.  I take nothing for granted that much more.  I appreciate every f'ing thing in life that much more.  I channel my anger and depression into doing something for others instead of sitting on the sofa whining about MY mental well-being and depression because frankly, people around me would probably be tired of it if I carried on this way.

So for Cate to obsess over Carly the way she does while her other daughter crawls around and befriends the dogs, looking at them with those beautiful wide eyes?  Cate can sit the f'k down and shut the f'k up forever.

• Love 16

My heart goes out to you that have lost a child. Really and truly. I cannot even imagine the pain that loss causes. 

I do agree that it's not QUITE the same with Cate, as she CHOSE adoption. And none of you certainly chose what happened to your precious children. 

I still don't begrudge her feeling some loss. I don't begrudge her wanting to remember Carly, and celebrate her. But when she all but ignores her own child, it falls very flat. 

Speaking of - what was up with that video Farrah taped to celebrate Dereck's birthday? She was talking, as if talking to him. Which would make sense if she were at his grave or something. But who was she sending the video to? Do they have Snapchat in the afterlife? I'm betting she did it just for SM. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. 

• Love 14

My sympathy to those who have lost a child.

This show gets me in many ways. Sometimes it's an eye opener and other times it makes me feel "stabby". My youngest daughter got pregnant at 15, gave birth at 16. This month her son turns 8. So many, many ups and downs. These "moms" to me, are a poor reflection on a difficult situation. I'd like to bitch slap a couple (sometimes all) of them

• Love 8
16 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

I'm trying to get through Unseen Moments now. I think Cate picking AND EATING an eye booger in the scene with Dawn at the table should have remained unseen.

Did anyone else catch that?!? 

@GreatKazu ??

Watched it.  You called it.   GROSS!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

If Sophia gets an F on a test she's going to say, "You know, Mrs. Brady, you are really ignorant! I'll just be over here living my more classier life! God Bless America."

I think if a neighbor said that to me, I would bust out laughing. Using the word classy is not classy, Farrah. She's so obsessed with being classy and has zero hope of getting there. 

It reminds me of that The Office episode where Michael is trying to plan his classy 15th anniversary party.  lolz.

@mamadrama and @RamonaSenomar, I'm so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine the pain. The thought of losing my own child terrifies me. I don't know how anyone can come back from that emotionally. Big, giant, virtual hugs.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, poopchute said:

Does anyone know why Maci keeps saying she conceived Maverick at Catelyn's wedding?   She 100% did not.  It just makes no sense to pretend she conceived a few weeks before she really did.  I can't figure out the motivation for this lie.

I'm guessing it's because she's not going to fess up to having unprotected drunk sex all the time   

Notice nobody mentioned what exactly Simon said about Maci.   Most likely something about how she's a lush who drank constantly while pregnant.   

I used to pity cate and believed she was a victim in certain ways but now she's really showing what a follower and total  moron she really is.   When she was asked about how Farrah celebrates Derek's birthday every year she said something like it was nice for Sophia but she didn't feel bad for Farrah now.   Wut?  This bitch gave her kid up to keep her boyfriend.   Farrah has a constant reminder of Derek and also has to watch her kid grow up without a father -- a father she never even had the chance to meet.   That is a hard road and it pisses me off that I am kind of defending Farrah because I can't even sit through her segments on the show.    Why does cate even care what was said about Matt?  She barely even knows the guy.  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, lexiexx said:

I'm guessing it's because she's not going to fess up to having unprotected drunk sex all the time   

Notice nobody mentioned what exactly Simon said about Maci.   Most likely something about how she's a lush who drank constantly while pregnant.   

I used to pity cate and believed she was a victim in certain ways but now she's really showing what a follower and total  moron she really is.   When she was asked about how Farrah celebrates Derek's birthday every year she said something like it was nice for Sophia but she didn't feel bad for Farrah now.   Wut?  This bitch gave her kid up to keep her boyfriend.   Farrah has a constant reminder of Derek and also has to watch her kid grow up without a father -- a father she never even had the chance to meet.   That is a hard road and it pisses me off that I am kind of defending Farrah because I can't even sit through her segments on the show.    Why does cate even care what was said about Matt?  She barely even knows the guy.  

If Derek had lived, Farrah's plan was to not let him see Sofia, if I remember from her 16P.

• Love 15

Watched the Unseen Moments episode...

I think Farrah is nuts.  Like, certifiable.  However, showing a clip of her and then allowing Amber and Catelynn (mostly Amber) to blather on about WHY they felt the way they felt about her and justifying the stage storming at the reunion just seems wrong.  Shut the fuck up Amber, you are crazy as shit yourself and nothing you say can justify charging the stage like a fat bull during Farrah's segment.  Nothing.  It was Farrah's turn to speak, Amber had her turn and said some awful thing about Farrah and Farrah didn't come busting on stage to call Amber out.  And Catelynn yammering about if it had been "her man" that Farrah was talking about?  Woo hooo.   Well buckle up there Cate because dollar to donuts (or quesadillas) Tyler isn't going to be "your man" much longer.   He's looking almost ready to chew off his own hand to get away from you.   He's trying reeeaaaall hard to do the right thing and stay but if he's already hating your fat ass and your bullshit in your early 20's?  Yeah, good luck with that.

I think Maci showed the greatest amount of poise maturity and seemed very careful about what she said regarding Farrah.  Good for her.  It's really not necessary at this point.

Lastly, I may have misheard her, but did Catelynn say she didn't send Carly a birthday present because, "It's not like we get pitchers or anything"?  I really think she did and that's waaay fucked up. (And yes I spelled pictures the way Cate says it.) You're not sending Carly a present because Brandon and Teresa have limited your trashy ass contact with their carefully raised daughter?  And that's Carly's issue because why?  Lucky, lucky, lucky Carly for being able to escape the trash that is Catelynn.   Next time she's sobbing about "her kid" maybe they should replay her stupid comment about punishing Carly because B&T are pulling back.   Once upon a time I really rooted for Catelynn.  Remembering her in the 16& Pregnant episode, sitting in the Bethany office in her fuzzy little boots, clean shiny hair, and big wide smile meeting Brandon and Teresa for the first time, wanting nothing more than a better life for her daughter.  Man, has she changed.   Now she's just loud, obnoxious, talks over everybody, and talks strangely mumbly and fast.  And instead of that big smile her lips are constantly pursed and she's scowling or she's biting her lips and fingers.   What in the hell happened?

The clips were good, and it was especially telling that greasy Matt told everyone that he wanted to change the subject because talking about Amber's diet was boring.  Ha!  That's hilarious!  Could Amber be dumber?  And the fact that he is in EVERY SINGLE SCENE with Amber, good LORD he needs to go away. 

Edited by Emmierose
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Uncle JUICE said:

If Derek had lived, Farrah's plan was to not let him see Sofia, if I remember from her 16P.

We don't really know how that would have panned out.   She very well could have given that relationship another go after Sophia was born.   I don't think they would have ended up together long term but that is probably the fantasy that Farrah is entertaining.  she has Derek up on a pedestal and I don't think that's too unusual for the circumstances

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, lexiexx said:

But her story is that she was on the depo shot and got pregnant anyway. So why can't she say "we conceived on or around September 7th" like a normal person?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I missed the show last night (fell asleep early) and maybe I should skip it because I can't handle seeing Cate eat any of her bodily substances for lack of a better term.  Just reading about it on here makes me want to violently vomit. 

Me too. I happened to read this thread before I planned to watch. I don't think I can watch the episode without vomiting now. Catelynn has severe mental health and substance abuse issues. I can't be entertained anymore by someone who is eating her snot and scabs. 

• Love 2

Maybe she thinks it's a cute plot twist.   Maci can't even keep her own stories straight half the time.   And I doubt she was even on the depo shot.   Isn't it every three months?  So she was about six months pregnant  when they found out.  How did they miss her being 2 or 3 months pregnant the time before?

then there's the obviously fake scene of her finding out on a whim thinking she was just fat.   And the scene were she has a big pregnant belly out for the ultrasound and saying there were no symptoms.  Lol.  

• Love 4

THe part where they show Farrah upbraiding her neighbors and her blaming them for her unattended dog barking at them, yikes. But seriously, they shouldn't have let anyone comment on that, she's not there. Closing it out with Ambuh saying Simon doesn't want to see her in a dark alley...yeah, I think there's a long line of people who don't want to see her in any alley, she's gross as fuck. 

And these beards, god, I can't wait until they're out of fashion and everyone who had one is basically the same way I am about mullets: I make fun of them now, I make fun of anyone who had them. Including mine, which, for the record, was fucking luxurious. 

• Love 11

Also, this Daddy Derek stuff is simply not healthy, at all. Sofia had no real relationship at all with this guy. And Farah, it's eight years and probably 25 guys ago, can we please just let it go? I'm sorry, but at some point it gets weird. And that point was quite some time ago. I know, I sound insensitive, but come on. 

Ambuh looks like a fifth place finisher in a drag show. And what's sadder than these two celebrating Carly's birthday? I mean besides this clueless host still calling Carly "their daughter."FFS.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Also, this Daddy Derek stuff is simply not healthy, at all. Sofia had no real relationship at all with this guy. And Farah, it's eight years and probably 25 guys ago, can we please just let it go? I'm sorry, but at some point it gets weird. And that point was quite some time ago. I know, I sound insensitive, but come on. 

Ambuh looks like a fifth place finisher in a drag show. And what's sadder than these two celebrating Carly's birthday? I mean besides this clueless host still calling Carly "their daughter."FFS.

And today's winner of the internet is... lol.

ETA: I broke down and watched it. Lol. A hit dog will holler! Amber going on about Simon and saying he doesn't want to see her in a dark alley? Are there couches in that dark alley? Simon is a troll but he is a troll that has her and the rest of the girl's number. And that make over... desperate cougar at the bar. Oh, and she gave up the right to be "Mommy" when she goes weeks at a time without seeing Leah but can fly to LA or God knows where else with Matt.

And then there is Cate. I diverted my eyes away during that scene with Dawn. So they haven't sent presents in years? I bet Brandon and Teresa are relieve about this because they no longer have to explained why the gifts have a strange smell ( an intoxicicating blend of weed, wet dog and Marlboro's). 

Nessa, Vikings called and the Shield maidens want their hairstyle back!

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, RamonaSenomar said:

I, too, have suffered child loss.  I, too, have tried to see Catelynn's situation from a different angle.  My daughter, who is 8 now, is a daily reminder of what I don't have:  her twin brother died in utero at 32 weeks gestation.  She and her brother were delivered via C-section.  As a result of my son's fetal death, my daughter was born prematurely and spent 28 days in NICU.  Imagine trying to deal with a stillbirth and NICU all at the same time, particularly after struggling with fertility treatments and having some very early losses along the way.  

The way I deal with my grief is to make sure our son is never forgotten by speaking his name, and often.  His surviving twin will always know she's got a brother.  My 'rainbow' baby will always know she's got a big brother in Heaven (disclaimer:  we're not religious folks; Heaven is the easiest concept I could find in explaining where he is when my daughters were very young).  We planted a memorial tree after he passed away.  We set up a little memorial in our living room, complete with an urn that contain his ashes.  My daughter's birthday cake will forever  have two candles on it.  We send balloons to Heaven every July 22nd.  Ever since 2010, I've participated in the local March for Babies and raise funds in his memory.  I have joined online support groups, seeking and offering support.  And I make an annual donation to a charity around his birthday and around Christmas.

But I didn't willingly give up my son to keep my relationship with a boyfriend.  I fought tooth and nail through treatments so I could be a mom in the first place.  Losing my son is the worst pain that I have ever felt, and I'll place bets that it is the worst pain I will ever again feel.  Losing him has changed me in ways I cannot put into words:  I love on his sisters that much more.  I take nothing for granted that much more.  I appreciate every f'ing thing in life that much more.  I channel my anger and depression into doing something for others instead of sitting on the sofa whining about MY mental well-being and depression because frankly, people around me would probably be tired of it if I carried on this way.

So for Cate to obsess over Carly the way she does while her other daughter crawls around and befriends the dogs, looking at them with those beautiful wide eyes?  Cate can sit the f'k down and shut the f'k up forever.

My heart is truly in knots. ***HUGS HUGS HUGS***

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This show gets me in many ways. Sometimes it's an eye opener and other times it makes me feel "stabby". My youngest daughter got pregnant at 15, gave birth at 16. This month her son turns 8. So many, many ups and downs. These "moms" to me, are a poor reflection on a difficult situation. I'd like to bitch slap a couple (sometimes all) of them

Does you daughter watch the show?  I'd love to hear what she thinks about it.  :)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

THe part where they show Farrah upbraiding her neighbors and her blaming them for her unattended dog barking at them, yikes. But seriously, they shouldn't have let anyone comment on that, she's not there. Closing it out with Ambuh saying Simon doesn't want to see her in a dark alley...yeah, I think there's a long line of people who don't want to see her in any alley, she's gross as fuck. 

And these beards, god, I can't wait until they're out of fashion and everyone who had one is basically the same way I am about mullets: I make fun of them now, I make fun of anyone who had them. Including mine, which, for the record, was fucking luxurious. 

Farrah was in the same outfit thru the segment they showed of her.  She Facetimed Simon, yelled at the neighbors & did a balloon release.  Wow, she was busier on that day than Amber & Cate normally are in a week!!

• Love 5

Farrah's house is listed for sale again for the umpteenth time.  She obviously doesn't understand the concept of lowering your asking price to actual market rates if a house isn't selling.  Anyway, I wonder if part of her reason for wanting to move is the toxic relationship with her neighbors.

11/11/16 Listed for sale $600,000

08/19/16 Listing removed

07/07/16 Listed for sale $600,000

02/13/16 Rental Listing removed

01/27/16 Listing removed

11/29/15 Listed for rent $3,950/mo

10/29/15 Price change $600,000

10/09/15 Price change $625,000

08/08/15 Price change $629,000

04/17/15 Listed for sale $650,000

01/10/15 Listing removed $650,000

11/15/14 Price change $650,000

11/05/14 Listed for sale $750,000

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/201-Rocky-Coast-Dr-Austin-TX-78738/89669235_zpid/

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you, to everyone who extended their sympathy.  I sincerely mean it.  While I felt I needed to defend my feelings about Cate's behavior towards Carly and Nova, it also felt good to just get that off my chest.  Thank you for allowing me that.

Onto the show.  @ginger90, I am also very curious to know if your daughter has watched or does watch any of the Teen Mom programs.  If so, what are her thoughts?  I would love to get a real-life teen mom's perspective on this show.  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Farrah's house is listed for sale again for the umpteenth time.  She obviously doesn't understand the concept of lowering your asking price to actual market rates if a house isn't selling.  Anyway, I wonder if part of her reason for wanting to move is the toxic relationship with her neighbors.

11/11/16 Listed for sale $600,000

08/19/16 Listing removed

07/07/16 Listed for sale $600,000

02/13/16 Rental Listing removed

01/27/16 Listing removed

11/29/15 Listed for rent $3,950/mo

10/29/15 Price change $600,000

10/09/15 Price change $625,000

08/08/15 Price change $629,000

04/17/15 Listed for sale $650,000

01/10/15 Listing removed $650,000

11/15/14 Price change $650,000

11/05/14 Listed for sale $750,000

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/201-Rocky-Coast-Dr-Austin-TX-78738/89669235_zpid/

I feel like this more of an expense record for tax deductions than ignorance in Farrah's case. Maybe she lists it for sale to get some deductions or losses, or possibly even to include it in a bankruptcy when filming ends? I have no idea about these things so I may be way off base here. It just seems like the rental listing is pretty high but maybe she can deduct that amount as an expense for filming and also deduct the furniture as staging from her furniture business. I just feel like this is more calculated than random.

I also feel that way about her relationship with Simon. It's calculated as well. A business endeavor that got cloudy with emotions at some point. And the current situation with Amber. I think Farrah and Amber shared some business/financial information when they were getting along better but Matt came in with his stupidity and ruined that relationship. Rewatching the behind the scenes episode with Amber trying to call Farrah really got me thinking there's some smoke behind that fire at the reunion. (Money) At least between Amber and Farrah, but probably also with Maci. Not so much with Catelynn though. 

• Love 2

Hei neighborhood does have good schools. I wonder what having a production crew there blocking traffic and parking all over the place is doing to the property value.

But seriously Farrah and the dog...I hate production crews.  I apologize in advance to anyone who makes their living that way, but if you have to be around them, they're obnoxious, inconsiderate of everyone except the talent, and then once they're done with the shoot they talk MASSIVE shit about the talent. So overall, my experience with them (from both sides working with them and also having them work in my neighborhood) has not been good.

So I'm sure the dog was barking her head off and getting in the way of the sound, so they put the dog outside. Where the barking annoys the neighbors. And the neighbors probably aren't engaging with the dog, the dog is likely barking and barking and barking at all the people in the dog's house. So Farrah's insistence that the barking is worse because the neighbors are yelling at the dog? I call bullshit.

So if I were unfortunate enough to be Farrah's neighbor, I would be calling the sheriff on the production crew and the dog barking. I'd call for every single fucking annoyance. Especially if she yelled at me about her classy life after yelling at me.  No honey, that's not the way it works.  Reality tv does not equal classy. And I'd totally be outwaiting her.  She is trying so hard to sell that place. Good luck. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 7

I'm not watching the show, because if I wanted to watch people pick at their skin and eat it, I'd go to work in with the psych ward, where at least I get paid for it. 

My deep and sincere sympathy to those that expressed losing children, a loss at any age is hard, but a child makes that blow so much more difficult. It breaks my heart to see y'all drawing similarities to Cates situation, because I can sense that you would give absolutely anything to have your children back. I don't mean that adoption is a cop out or should be easy on any level, because it is definitely also a loss and deserves to be respected and mourned in its own way... I'm not sure if I'm saying this well... I guess it just really bothers me that cate and tyler have stopped sending gifts because they don't get anything back. Ultimately I actually think that is probably best that they don't have contact with Carly, but it's their motivation that bothers me. In my opinion if they were sending things to Carly simply for the sake of Carly what does getting anything in return matter? If the motivation all along was to get something in return the relationship is more messed up than I thought to begin with. 

For the record I would like to be added to the list of people who do not want to meet Amber in a dark ally...I'm terrified of clowns.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Hei neighborhood does have good schools. I wonder what having a production crew there blocking traffic and parking all over the place is doing to the property value.

But seriously Farrah and the dog...I hate production crews.  I apologize in advance to anyone who makes their living that way, but if you have to be around them, they're obnoxious, inconsiderate of everyone except the talent, and then once they're done with the shoot they talk MASSIVE shit about the talent. So overall, my experience with them (from both sides working with them and also having them work in my neighborhood) has not been good.

What shows do you have experience with?  You have my attention!

To those who shared your experience of losing children, my heart hurts for you.

The difference between your experience and Catelynn and Tyler is that they knew what they were getting into it with giving up their daughter. Granted my heart aches for them in that the decision was probably hard and heartbreaking but then they have another child who yes they barley pay attention to and they've seemed to abandon their list of goals that they made for what they planned to do since giving up carly. I'm also not a fan of how they seem to act like they don't understand what their adoption means. Because I think they knew exactly what they signed up for but because of the show they act all hurt about it. That bothers me a lot.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

What shows do you have experience with?  You have my attention!

lol, it's really not terribly exciting. 15 years ago I worked for a cable network...this was just before the reality tv craze, but the network I worked for was known for documentary and learning programs. That's where I decided that working in that field felt sort of icky.

And then I lived in a city that was used in a lot of tv productions. A Will Smith movie was shot right outside my building.  They were serious assholes. Like I couldn't walk back into my building from the store because they'd set up their command center right there in the street. I was also witness to a Ron Howard directed film, a Sean Penn film, a few days of tryouts for a singing show and some other reality casting shows. I try to avoid them, I'm not a gawker.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MissMel said:

I think Farrah and Amber shared some business/financial information when they were getting along better but Matt came in with his stupidity and ruined that relationship. Rewatching the behind the scenes episode with Amber trying to call Farrah really got me thinking there's some smoke behind that fire at the reunion. (Money)

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Farrah shared her "wealth building knowledge" with Amber, in which Simon is deeply involved, and that is part of the reason Amber was so angry with them about their talking bad about her and Matt; she took it really personally. When Amber was threatening to disclose how his businesses were all paid with investor money, and tried to say it was a pyramid scheme, but misspoke, it was her inarticulate way of threatening them. If I'm right about his financial scheme, it is not a "pyramid scheme" but still shady as hell.

People in glass house-flipping, boutique opening houses shouldn't throw stones.

My computer is punishing me for looking at that photo of Matt in Amber's thread, so I'm surprised it even let me quote the above since it won't let me quote or like anything else. Also want to offer my condolences to those who have lost children.

Regarding Cate and Ty specifically, I think they are in the place of acceptance that is routine in adoption. It seems that many adoptions close by now, with the birth parents and adopted child moving on in their lives. This show keeps bringing Carly into it. It doesn't seem like C&T would still be doing birthday parties for her if not for fear of their fans disapproving or accusing them of abandoning her. It was only recently that one of them, Ty I think, finally told a fan that B&T were her parents, not them, a term I think they had come to grips with a long time ago, and only after we were shown that B&T had backed way up with the contact and were being bashed pretty hard by C&T sycophants online.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

lol, it's really not terribly exciting. 15 years ago I worked for a cable network...this was just before the reality tv craze, but the network I worked for was known for documentary and learning programs. That's where I decided that working in that field felt sort of icky.

And then I lived in a city that was used in a lot of tv productions. A Will Smith movie was shot right outside my building.  They were serious assholes. Like I couldn't walk back into my building from the store because they'd set up their command center right there in the street. I was also witness to a Ron Howard directed film, a Sean Penn film, a few days of tryouts for a singing show and some other reality casting shows. I try to avoid them, I'm not a gawker.

I, too, live and work in SoCal towns that play host to a lot of location shooting because there are major studios nearby.  "Doctor" Jen films her couples therapy reunions right up the street at GMT, a popular studio that nobody has ever heard of.  Many location crew members are indeed arrogant and overbearing, no matter how mundane their job is.  I guess they're all impressed with themselves because they are in "The Business."  I sometimes wonder if that attitude rubs off on the Teen Moms and their hangers-on.  None of these people have done anything out of the ordinary with their lives despite the money thrown at them, yet they act like they have changed the World for the better by appearing on a cable television show several times a year.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I, too, live and work in SoCal towns that play host to a lot of location shooting because there are major studios nearby.  "Doctor" Jen films her couples therapy reunions right up the street at GMT, a popular studio that nobody has ever heard of.  Many location crew members are indeed arrogant and overbearing, no matter how mundane their job is.  I guess they're all impressed with themselves because they are in "The Business."  I sometimes wonder if that attitude rubs off on the Teen Moms and their hangers-on.  None of these people have done anything out of the ordinary with their lives despite the money thrown at them, yet they act like they have changed the World for the better by appearing on a cable television show several times a year.

YES!

There have been articles written about how people feel after the producers are no longer calling them and sending limos for them and sucking up to them. It is very sad and for people on the edge, it can be catastrophic. I think I saw one article that compared it to winning the lottery and then losing all the money.

These girls' heads have gotten so enormous, when the phone stops ringing and the fanfare dies, it's going to be very rough for them. They've been courted and "yes"ed and sincerely asked their opinion on things for so long that achieving any sort of normal life that doesn't reward narcissism is going to be so difficult. And a normal life will be such a let down.  I just think of those 80s era child stars who ended their lives in poverty and mental illness.  It's not going to be pretty.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, leighroda said:

I'm not watching the show, because if I wanted to watch people pick at their skin and eat it, I'd go to work in with the psych ward, where at least I get paid for it. 

My deep and sincere sympathy to those that expressed losing children, a loss at any age is hard, but a child makes that blow so much more difficult. It breaks my heart to see y'all drawing similarities to Cates situation, because I can sense that you would give absolutely anything to have your children back. I don't mean that adoption is a cop out or should be easy on any level, because it is definitely also a loss and deserves to be respected and mourned in its own way... I'm not sure if I'm saying this well... I guess it just really bothers me that cate and tyler have stopped sending gifts because they don't get anything back. Ultimately I actually think that is probably best that they don't have contact with Carly, but it's their motivation that bothers me. In my opinion if they were sending things to Carly simply for the sake of Carly what does getting anything in return matter? If the motivation all along was to get something in return the relationship is more messed up than I thought to begin with. 

Thank you. Child loss is difficult regardless as to age or whatever else you have going on at the time. My youngest daughter was in the hospital for 6 months and we fought every day for her.

And I think Cate's attitude is extremely selfish. If they aren't sending presents because they aren't getting pix then it isn't about Carly at all. As we have all suspected, they are just selfish assholes.

• Love 9

I don't know if cate is just getting more realistic editing or if she has turned into a passive aggressive lunatic recently.   But it makes me wonder what she is actually saying to Brandon and Theresa in those texts and calls.  there's probably a lot more to the story than we are seeing.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lexiexx said:

I don't know if cate is just getting more realistic editing or if she has turned into a passive aggressive lunatic recently.   But it makes me wonder what she is actually saying to Brandon and Theresa in those texts and calls.  there's probably a lot more to the story than we are seeing.  

I am getting the sense that MTV has stopped unilaterally giving any of them a good girl edit. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I am getting the sense that MTV has stopped unilaterally giving any of them a good girl edit. 

I get the sense the more they become Z list celebrities, the more difficult it becomes to edit their behavior in such a way that it could constitute the good girl edit. They film with them what, a couple of days a month? I'm pretty sure as a cost saving measure for the crew and an incentive for the girls, the number has gone down over the last couple of seasons (hey, you only have to film with us two days every two weeks for three months, but we'll still pay you $300K sort of thing) The girls barely change clothes during their segments, so it's not all that often, which means they have more limited raw material to work with. So when these girls are jackoffs, they only have jackoffs to show. Want to waste one of those days going to a horse farm? Fine, but we won't be able to film you doing "wonderful mom" footage. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lexiexx said:

I called this out back when that episode initially aired. Most definitely we can see how Cate is manipulative and passive aggressive to the core. We have watched how she lies and twists the truth to Tyler on camera. She will downplay her behavior, just like April. She can be and is aggressive like April. She and April are two peas in a pod. Or a bong.

2 hours ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Especially since the minion fans don't seem to care what the fuck these assholes do. They are all "great role models" and "the best mothers". Fucking idiots.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:39 PM, DeeReynolds said:

I think Cate and  Tyler continually talking with Nova about her sister Carly is going to be very confusing for Nova at some point. She is way too young to understand why her sister wouldn't live with them. Especially if she has another brother or sister at some point.

It fucking kills me how C&T constantly refer to Carly as Nova's sister. She is NOT her sister.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I forgot to say this earlier... anytime anytime anyone on this show says "classy I imagine it in my head spelled "klassy"... I can't help it.

And rhinestoned across a sweatpant-clad ass.

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 15
On 12/13/2016 at 6:47 PM, Emmierose said:

I think Maci showed the greatest amount of poise maturity and seemed very careful about what she said regarding Farrah.  Good for her.  It's really not necessary at this point.

I agree. But....the cynical part of me thinks she quietly whispers in the other two's ears and gets those loud orangutans all riled up. So HER point can be made, but she can sit back and look all mature and calm. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. But....the cynical part of me thinks she quietly whispers in the other two's ears and gets those loud orangutans all riled up. So HER point can be made, but she can sit back and look all mature and calm. 

This is how I feel about Maci. I personally don't think Maci is a straight up fighter, I think if push comes to shove she could hold her own. It I don't think her first instinct is to go with punches. I think she likes to  stir the pot and get others to fight her battles and loves to talk. Maci is just a mean girl to me. 

Also did anyone catch the moment when Nessa asked about the reunion fight and Catelynn said something like, "I don't know.. Amber was gone and then I hear little sweet Maci go 'we should go get Amber"" I swear she said 'sweet little Maci'! Wow. I can't even with any of that nonsense. These girls are terribly stunted in their behavior by this show. The way they talk and act is behavior I would expect from teenage girls. This show may be called teen mom but these girls haven't been teens for years at this point. 

• Love 13

Amber pissed me the hell off with her "you're not the mother" comment. If she was fully involved in Leah's life, I would agree, but she is not. She barely sees her. She should be happy and grateful Leah has an amazing mother figure like Christina in her life. And like someone upthread mentioned, Christina probably wrote notes to her own daughter and Leah, so she put Mommy on both. I know her daughter isn't filmed but I assume she does live with them some of the time (not sure what her custody situation with her ex is) so when they're all together I believe she treats Leah and her daughter the same along with baby Emilee. I'm also annoyed with her calling everyone "sweetie" and "hun".

My heart also goes out to all of you who have lost children. Sending big hugs!

I laughed when Maci mentioned Jurassic Jayde. That was cute and Jayde is adorable

Edited by MaggieG
Forgot to add something
  • Love 9

My sympathy to the members here who have shared their stories about their losses and inability to conceive. Words can't even convey what I feel in my heart. Big hugs to you all.

Amber's disdain towards Kristina really grinds my gears. Amber is of the belief, like Catelynn and other females who give birth, that they are mothers for simply giving birth. There is so much more to being a mother than giving birth.

Kristina is not Leah's bio mother, but she is a mother in every sense of the word. To me, that makes her Leah's mother. One day Leah will be so grateful for having Kristina in her life.  Leah will know who was there to ensure she had her dinner. Leah will know who helped her with her homework. Leah will know who hugged her when she was feeling sick or not feeling particularly happy. Leah will know who attended her special events. Leah will know who was there by her father's side to share the load of that household and raising the kids. Leah may not harbor ill will toward Amber, but in her heart of hearts, she will know who was the one who put her to bed and kissed her and her sibling goodnight.

I am highly offended at the likes of Amber criticizing, vilifying and trying to alienate Kristina's role in her daughter's life. I have no doubt Leah would be raised fine by Gary as he did a hell of a job doing so when Amber was too damn lazy and drugged out including the few years she spent in prison. Having Kristina in Leah's life only added to her already healthy home life. Kristina loves her, she gives Leah assurance that she will always be there for her. Kristina respects Amber's boundary and respects Leah's love for her mother. Kristina also doesn't instigate or weigh in on parenting discussions between Gary and Amber. She is a great listener when Gary talks about Amber and the problems that arise, but she is not negative or nor does she criticize Amber. As a wife and mother, Kristina is a good role model and that makes all the difference to a child who has a parent who is not stepping up to the plate. Amber is merely the parent who takes their child to their favorite fast food place and the occasional play in the park.

Amber and Adam share more than the same first initial. They are both pieces of shit who don't deserve to have their children in their lives because they bring nothing to the table as far as what a true parent does.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 17

I really feel for Leah in the situation.  Amber IS her mother and nothing will ever change that, no matter how good of a mother she actually is or isn't.  Leah loves her and that's what matters.  Kristina is also a huge part of her life, and basically another mother. I've totally been the kid in Leah's situation. I mean, sort of, there wasn't a tv, drug problem, jail, etc, just a father and then a step father who was really the hands on father that I lived with.  As I grew up, I did see who got up with me when I was sick and that sort of thing, but it didn't change the fact that I also loved my father.  I love my stepfather as a father as well.  I just see it as having two different types of fathers, but both "real" fathers, not one who has a title because he married my mother after a divorce.  

Now, for Leah's situation, it's a difficult position to be in, because you do grow up with a lot of tension.  I never really worried about who was who in my life, I just loved the people around me, and I imagine Leah is the same.  However, adults tend to place a lot of value on the titles, so, the kids end up trying to please everyone around them.  You can't let Mommy (Amber) think you're totally happy with the way things are when you're with Daddy and your stepmother, because she might feel hurt and left out.  But, when you're with Daddy and your stepmother, you worry about Mommy by herself.  You never want to betray the other parent.  And, in Leah's case it's more complicated because there are other children.  It's hard to keep Leah calling Kristina "Kristina" when 2 of the 3 kids in the house call her Mommy.  And, if you're writing something to all of the kids, what do you sign it?  

In a perfect world all of the adults realize that it's an awkward situation and that it's just best for the kid to have people around them that love them.  Weirdly, Maci's ex, Ryan, seems to be the best at this, as he has no issue with Taylor.  Whenever he's asked, he pretty much says he has no problems with him and his relationship with Bentley and that he's a good guy.  

• Love 7

Amber is such a classy piece of shit that she'd rather her daughter have no mother figure at all than for Christina to love and care for Leah as her own.

Amber has gone 2-3 months without seeing her daughter -- several times in the last 2 years.  Precious BewBew. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you! That is exactly how I think Maci works. She is the girl who has a big mouth, but needs her back-up. God, I dealt with bitches like Maci in junior high. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Maci saw that she didn't get the back-up from those two orangutans back when the dust-up about Farrah happened. During the behind the scenes of the girls as they arrived to NY for filming and we watched the scene in the break room as Farrah ripped into Maci, it was so obvious how Maci couldn't handle what Farrah was throwing her way. She sat there like the weakling that she is.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, smores said:

I really feel for Leah in the situation.  Amber IS her mother and nothing will ever change that, no matter how good of a mother she actually is or isn't.  Leah loves her and that's what matters.  Kristina is also a huge part of her life, and basically another mother. I've totally been the kid in Leah's situation. I mean, sort of, there wasn't a tv, drug problem, jail, etc, just a father and then a step father who was really the hands on father that I lived with.  As I grew up, I did see who got up with me when I was sick and that sort of thing, but it didn't change the fact that I also loved my father.  I love my stepfather as a father as well.  I just see it as having two different types of fathers, but both "real" fathers, not one who has a title because he married my mother after a divorce.  

Now, for Leah's situation, it's a difficult position to be in, because you do grow up with a lot of tension.  I never really worried about who was who in my life, I just loved the people around me, and I imagine Leah is the same.  However, adults tend to place a lot of value on the titles, so, the kids end up trying to please everyone around them.  You can't let Mommy (Amber) think you're totally happy with the way things are when you're with Daddy and your stepmother, because she might feel hurt and left out.  But, when you're with Daddy and your stepmother, you worry about Mommy by herself.  You never want to betray the other parent.  And, in Leah's case it's more complicated because there are other children.  It's hard to keep Leah calling Kristina "Kristina" when 2 of the 3 kids in the house call her Mommy.  And, if you're writing something to all of the kids, what do you sign it?  

In a perfect world all of the adults realize that it's an awkward situation and that it's just best for the kid to have people around them that love them.  Weirdly, Maci's ex, Ryan, seems to be the best at this, as he has no issue with Taylor.  Whenever he's asked, he pretty much says he has no problems with him and his relationship with Bentley and that he's a good guy.  

I don't see any of the adults in Leah's life (Kristina, Gary) putting titles on themselves as much as it is Amber pointing out the need for her title to be "Leah's mother". How many times has Amber said that on camera? "I am Leah's mother!" Amber is more concerned about that title than actually putting in the effort, the hard work, and the time into being a mother.

I do believe Leah is having some issues with the situation because she has made it clear to Gary she is not that interested being with Amber or going to her home for visits. Amber has gone after Gary as if it is him holding Leah from her when he appears to be giving in to his daughter's wishes. She is bored at Amber's. They sleep in late. She is worried about getting to school on time because she has perfect attendance. She is not getting the interaction at Amber's that she gets at home with Kristina and Gary and the rest of their family. She is also dealing with the stress of having to soothe things over with her mother when she sees Amber getting upset. It is similar to Sophia who tries to offer kind words to Farrah in order to calm her ass down. Leah is so concerned about her mother's feelings because of the relationship she has with Kristina. No child should be made to feel they have to rip out a page from their book that their step-mother signed because it upsets their mother.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, smores said:

I respectfully disagree with you. I was Leah, granted we weren't on MTV but my mother for all intents and purposes abandoned me when I was a baby. She was still around, but the real parenting was done by my aunt, her sister. As I grew up I knew who my biological mother was and I always longed for a mother/daughter relationship like I saw my friends had. I wanted a mother I could count on, talk to about my life and I never got it. Instead I got disappointment after disappointment. The funny thing is that even though my mother left of her own free will, she always hated my aunt for stepping in and raising me. I remember many shouting matches whenever she would bother to come around. My mother would yell at my aunt that she had stolen me and that she was nobody to act like my mom. Finally in my 20's my mother started to come around more and I thought she had finally changed but no. She only comes around when she needs me to help her and she is only ever worried about herself and whatever man she's currently chasing after. She's not around of there for my kids, but on my facebook she likes and comments on everything I post. If I post pictures she comments on every single one and signs each of them with her name and then comma "your mother" It's so important to her that people know she is my mother even thought she never did any of the mother work. 

• Love 12

It's funny how people have different perspectives on similar situations.  I was also Leah, but with fathers, not mothers, as I mentioned.  I can vividly remember living my life through the week with my "family" (Mom, dad, siblings), and then on the weekend a couple siblings, but not all would go visit the other father.  When you have a nuclear family like that, it's easy to have the parents be mom and dad to all the kids (and, in my case, dad WAS dad to all the kids, regardless of blood).  But, invariably, during visitation, you have to refer to something during the week and if you said, "dad said we're going to . ." then you get told that he's not your father.  But, by the same token, at some point you realize there's a difference in how you're being parented, and the person who is "not your father" is also the one getting up with you when you're sick, doing your homework, etc, and you don't want to slight them in favor of the other person either.  It does become a tightrope, or at least it did for me, and that's how I see Leah behaving sometimes.  Basically, telling each parent what she thinks they want to hear, so they aren't upset or thinks they love the other one more.

From my experience as the kid in that situation, it's never really made sense to me why people worried about what they were called.  I felt like it was clear to both male adults that they were important, and it's not like one was loved more or less, they were both different (kind of like how parents say they love their kids the same amount, but in different ways, I guess).  Everyone else outside of the situation has always been more intent on having a neat box to put things in, when I would have preferred to just say that I have 2 fathers, instead of having to explain that this is my father, this is my stepfather, but he's raised me and been around, etc, etc.  I've always felt that each family should just go with the composition that works best for them, even if it means taking a bit of ego out of it- Amber needs to recognize that Kristina was able to be there for Leah when she wasn't (ie, jail), and then Kristina would need to (and, I believe she absolutely does) recognize that Leah will always feel a bond with Amber, even if she doesn't pull the weight as the "Mom" in the relationship.  It's not equal, and it's probably not fair, but if you have a happy and healthy kid at the end of the day, that should be the priority.

That's where I was coming from with my previous post.

• Love 6