Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom OG: Behind the Scenes

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

That's where I was coming from with my previous post.

Thank you for explaining this in more detail. I get what you mean. You know, this would be such a great family all around for Leah if Amber would just remove Matt from her life and get herself into some proper therapy and whatever else she may need to get her life together. I can see things working out so beautifully for Leah with three parents who support her, guide her, and love her unconditionally. Amber is just so damaging and toxic to this family dynamic. But of course, because she is so toxic to herself.

• Love 9

I think what smores is saying is that 'your mom is your mom' and 'your dad is your dad', no matter what.  They are your parents-good, bad, or otherwise. That doesn't mean there isn't room for more parents and adults to love in your life. There's room for a bunch of them. As a child though, it's a lot pressure if those adults can't act mature and realize that as well.

At least that's how I read that post but it's also how I see it. I've never been a child in that situation but I've been in it my whole adult life. With adult children of my own and they say the same thing. Even the child that didn't come from my body but I was with his father and had two more children with him. I was 'mom' to all the boys and took a backseat to the original mom whenever she decided to blow through. She laid the guilt on that child when it suited her. I just let him know it's ok, I'll be there no matter what and he didn't have anything to worry about in our home. He referred to her as his mother and I was his mom. She eventually quit the shit and that helped ease the tension on everybody. There's only a contest if the adults make one. In Leah's case, that responsibility lands on Amber's shoulders. Or it should. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, smores said:

It's funny how people have different perspectives on similar situations.  I was also Leah, but with fathers, not mothers, as I mentioned.  I can vividly remember living my life through the week with my "family" (Mom, dad, siblings), and then on the weekend a couple siblings, but not all would go visit the other father.  When you have a nuclear family like that, it's easy to have the parents be mom and dad to all the kids (and, in my case, dad WAS dad to all the kids, regardless of blood).  But, invariably, during visitation, you have to refer to something during the week and if you said, "dad said we're going to . ." then you get told that he's not your father.  But, by the same token, at some point you realize there's a difference in how you're being parented, and the person who is "not your father" is also the one getting up with you when you're sick, doing your homework, etc, and you don't want to slight them in favor of the other person either.  It does become a tightrope, or at least it did for me, and that's how I see Leah behaving sometimes.  Basically, telling each parent what she thinks they want to hear, so they aren't upset or thinks they love the other one more.

From my experience as the kid in that situation, it's never really made sense to me why people worried about what they were called.  I felt like it was clear to both male adults that they were important, and it's not like one was loved more or less, they were both different (kind of like how parents say they love their kids the same amount, but in different ways, I guess).  Everyone else outside of the situation has always been more intent on having a neat box to put things in, when I would have preferred to just say that I have 2 fathers, instead of having to explain that this is my father, this is my stepfather, but he's raised me and been around, etc, etc.  I've always felt that each family should just go with the composition that works best for them, even if it means taking a bit of ego out of it- Amber needs to recognize that Kristina was able to be there for Leah when she wasn't (ie, jail), and then Kristina would need to (and, I believe she absolutely does) recognize that Leah will always feel a bond with Amber, even if she doesn't pull the weight as the "Mom" in the relationship.  It's not equal, and it's probably not fair, but if you have a happy and healthy kid at the end of the day, that should be the priority.

That's where I was coming from with my previous post.

I totally understand. I wasn't trying to discount your experience at all, so I apologize if it seemed like that. Sometimes its hard to communicate on posts since things can come off in a way you didnt mean them to be. I didn't really have a nuclear family like it sounds you did so that may have been the difference in how things feel as a child. I see a lot of myself in Leah and her relationship with Amber. The good thing is that Leah has Gary and Kristina and it seems they are providing the stability she needs and isn't getting from Amber.

• Love 4

I just caught something that I missed on the Unseen Moments. Towards the end of this special, Amber is pissed about not being able to get a hold of Farrah by phone. She rants to the producers about having grown up "old fashioned" when Cate speaks up and loudly says,  "Me too!"

Oh, fuck the both of you. Cate grew up with old-fashioned ways??? Ohhh this is hilarious.

Old-fashion ways in Cate's household as she was growing up must have been April getting drunk and high after she made sure her kids ate their Happy Meals.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I just caught something that I missed on the Unseen Moments. Towards the end of this special, Amber is pissed about not being able to get a hold of Farrah by phone. She rants to the producers about having grown up "old fashioned" when Cate speaks up and loudly says,  "Me too!"

Oh, fuck the both of you. Cate grew up with old-fashioned ways??? Ohhh this is hilarious.

Old-fashion ways in Cate's household as she was growing up must have been April getting drunk and high after she made sure her kids ate their Happy Meals.

Yeah I don't understand what point they were making there. Also what was the old fashioned way they were accustomed to that Farrah wasn't abiding? Farrah talking bad about them? Or Farrah refusing to speak to Amber or answer her call? I.. don't know. It didn't make sense.

• Love 6

I hate Amber for making Leah feel like shit over that note Kristina wrote. What an asshole.

I just rewatched. Leah said "what's wrong?" and Amber couldn't just make shit up. Of course not. Because it's really all about you, the birth mother who sees her child 4x a month if she's lucky (or not busy laying around), it's not about trying to normalize relationships for your daughter and making sure she feels ok with having more people love her or about the woman who has been kind enough to the daughter you abandoned for drugs, men and jail to treat her like she's her own child.

No, it's all about you Ambie.  You and your greasy, smelly hanger on.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I hate Amber for making Leah feel like shit over that note Kristina wrote. What an asshole.

I just rewatched. Leah said "what's wrong?" and Amber couldn't just make shit up. Of course not. Because it's really all about you, the birth mother who sees her child 4x a month if she's lucky (or not busy laying around), it's not about trying to normalize relationships for your daughter and making sure she feels ok with having more people love her or about the woman who has been kind enough to the daughter you abandoned for drugs, men and jail to treat her like she's her own child.

No, it's all about you Ambie.  You and your greasy, smelly hanger on.

GROW THE FUCK UP.

I'm in total agreement here.  And I have to wonder what Amber or Matt say to Leah when the cameras are off to make her feel this way about things Kristina does for her.  Do they drill into Leah's head that Kristina is "not really your Mommy", and that "she doesn't love you the way I love you" type shit?  Because if that's the case, Amber just became a bigger asshole than I've been giving her credit for all this time.  And I can really see her doing this.  Amber never hesitates to remind everyone that Kristina is "not Leah's mom."

Why else would Leah tear our that little note that Kristina wrote?  Indeed, to pacify Amber and deflect any eruption that would surely follow.  Leah is a very intuitive little girl, but if Amber spoke highly and lovingly of Kristina, I'm pretty confident that Leah wouldn't feel the need to silence the raging storm inside Amber.

That's a lot of responsibility Amber is putting on a child.  

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, RamonaSenomar said:

I'm in total agreement here.  And I have to wonder what Amber or Matt say to Leah when the cameras are off to make her feel this way about things Kristina does for her.  Do they drill into Leah's head that Kristina is "not really your Mommy", and that "she doesn't love you the way I love you" type shit?  Because if that's the case, Amber just became a bigger asshole than I've been giving her credit for all this time.  And I can really see her doing this.  Amber never hesitates to remind everyone that Kristina is "not Leah's mom."

Why else would Leah tear our that little note that Kristina wrote?  Indeed, to pacify Amber and deflect any eruption that would surely follow.  Leah is a very intuitive little girl, but if Amber spoke highly and lovingly of Kristina, I'm pretty confident that Leah wouldn't feel the need to silence the raging storm inside Amber.

Word.

Amber did not even try to stop Leah from ripping it out. It would have been an opportunity for Amber to reinforce to Leah how important Kristina is to Leah. 

• Love 13

Yeah and at the reunion she was like "I didn't tell her to rip it out, I did not tell her that." Well no shit she didn't say "rip that out" but she made it so clear that she wasn't happy about it and Leah noticed. Would it have been so difficult to just shut the fuck up and pretend she was fine for 5 minutes and then had a tantrum behind closed doors if necessary?  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, poopchute said:

Yeah and at the reunion she was like "I didn't tell her to rip it out, I did not tell her that." Well no shit she didn't say "rip that out" but she made it so clear that she wasn't happy about it and Leah noticed. Would it have been so difficult to just shut the fuck up and pretend she was fine for 5 minutes and then had a tantrum behind closed doors if necessary?  

That just burned me up when I heard Amber say that on the reunion. Amber was sulking as Leah read that note to her. Amber is using the tactic of guilt-inducing to manage Leah's behavior when it comes to her relationship with Kristina. Amber also tends to take Leah's comments and behavior as an intentional dig at Amber when it is just merely a child being a child.

8 hours ago, RamonaSenomar said:

No doubt whatever bullshit tactics Matt pulls on Amber, and she on him, they are both pulling that same tactic on Leah.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2016 at 1:17 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Also did anyone catch the moment when Nessa asked about the reunion fight and Catelynn said something like, "I don't know.. Amber was gone and then I hear little sweet Maci go 'we should go get Amber"" I swear she said 'sweet little Maci'! Wow. I can't even with any of that nonsense. These girls are terribly stunted in their behavior by this show. The way they talk and act is behavior I would expect from teenage girls. This show may be called teen mom but these girls haven't been teens for years at this point. 

I did catch that comment by Catelynn and it just supports what I feel about Maci - she is no better than Cate and Amber.

The thing is, Amber and Catelynn have spewed they have mental disorders/PTSD/mental health problems, which some might point out as being an excuse or reason for how they respond or react to certain situations. I don't, but some might. What excuse is there for Maci for her flagrant mean girl behavior? Too much Bud Light? Eh, she might have been lit before she went to the studio.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7

My heart also goes out to those here that have lost children. My daughter was in High School when she was diagnosed with a rare cancer, and I had to watch her fight for her life until she couldn't anymore, for 19 long months.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas, and know that our lost children are Angels now, and will be with us forever:)

• Love 19
8 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

My heart also goes out to those here that have lost children. My daughter was in High School when she was diagnosed with a rare cancer, and I had to watch her fight for her life until she couldn't anymore, for 19 long months.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas, and know that our lost children are Angels now, and will be with us forever:)

Virtual hug to you on your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you feel. Indeed, angels in Heaven.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:38 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Maci just is a mean girl. She gets a pass from people because yes she doesn't get physical but she says some harsh things and likes to pour gasoline. She's not a nice person. 

She is definitely not a nice person to those she deems are beneath her. That is the problem with Maci. Who the hell is she exactly? The clone of Mother Teresa? What makes her so special? The fact she became pregnant at 17 instead of 14?

On the Unseen Moments show Maci mentioned having gone through many obstacles in her life to get where she is at today. What obstacles were those? Trying to create miracle babies? Trying to get Ryan to marry her? Drinking only three Bud Lights a day as opposed to a six pack? Not being able to have a trap baby with Kyle?

• Love 8

I wonder how little Leah will make out this Christmas. I know that she will have many happy memories with Gary & Kristina, and the other children. I bet that Kristina is the old-fashioned kind of woman, who will be sure to make family memories for years to come. But what about with Amber & Matt? Will it be just the 3 of them, eating take-out in bed watching T.V, and Amber will be sure to buy her love by buying her everything she can ever dream about getting for gifts? After all that has happened, I think that Amber is not very happy with Kristina for signing that page the way she did, from her heart as her Mom. And she will be sure to take it out on Kristina, but all she will be doing is causing more stress on Leah. Christmas is for kids, not a time to be mean to those that you don't like. I guess we will never know what happens, not unless something major goes on, and we will read about it on a gossip site. Last year I went around and did random acts of kindness, and it sure made my Christmas happier. I took $100. worth of $5. bills, put them in Christmas cards, ran around town giving these cards to random people. Inside I wrote that though it was not much, to use it on them, or pass it on to someone else. I just had a blast. One woman told me that I had just made her day, and that was before she even opened the card to see what was in it! I try to do things like that every year, because giving to others makes me so happy. Now $5. is not very much, but what I could afford. Imagine how thrilled it would make Leah, to go around with Amber doing random acts of kindness. And what a great fun and life-lesson to teach a child. And Amber has both money and time to do things like that with Leah, but it's not just about money, it is the life-lesson. So much that Amber would be doing with Leah, but Amber would never think of others this way, and she does not seem interested in doing things with her daughter.  All she thinks about is Matt, and buying more stuff, like her new body. She needs to find her heart, it must be in her somewhere. Sigh....

• Love 19
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO, Amber has many problems, but there is nothing wrong with a nontraditional Christmas. No need to celebrate it if you don't hold those beliefs.

I would agree with that if I thought it was really about doing her own thing and not just her being a sloth.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Once again, signing out. I never say the right thing, guess I am not good saying what I mean.

Oh no you don't. That's not what we do here. I agree with your entire post.

Amber is always going to hate Kristina for being a better mother to Leah. Some part of me belives Amber stays with Matt to punish herself for sucking at life. Some women are not cut out to be mothers and that's ok. But what Amber can't do is make Leah suffer because she lucked out and an awesome substitute mom was placed in her life. 

I'm proud of Gary. With his D level Teen Mom fame he probably could have gone for flash and found a hotsie totsie girlfriend  but instead he went for substance and got a good mother and wife to build a home with.  Amber will forever be angry at Gary for the upgrade. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO, Amber has many problems, but there is nothing wrong with a nontraditional Christmas. No need to celebrate it if you don't hold those beliefs.

45 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I would agree with that if I thought it was really about doing her own thing and not just her being a sloth.

28 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Once again, signing out. I never say the right thing, guess I am not good saying what I mean.

I agree with all y'all. 

@mittsigirl Kristina probably DOES provide a better holiday experience for Leah. My mom used to have midnight Christmas Eve dinner in bed and it was a blast. You CAN do those non-traditional things and make them FUN. I don't see Amber making anything fun. Like @Brooklynista said, it's less about being nontraditional and more about being lazy with Amber. And I agree with @DangerousMinds-we are not Christian so we don't celebrate in the religious way. Doesn't make us wrong. However, we still celebrate and still make the holidays a fun, entertaining time for the kids. And we're still together as a family. It would be totally cool if Amber did that as well. I highly doubt she does, though. From what we've seen, Amber goes out of her way for NOTHING, unless it is in support of Matt. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mittsigirl said:

Get yourself back here! Your opinion matters. :-)

You posted something I agree with.

I seem to remember Amber making a big stink a few seasons ago where she wanted to take Leah to Florida for the holidays. She yammered on about the need to have Leah with her for Xmas, spending time with Amber's family, how she doesn't get to have Leah all that much, pretty much a guilt trip was being laid on Gary. Amber is self-centered and is all about putting on a show and displaying what a great mother she is any chance she gets. I can see her doing this at holiday time rather than make the holiday a fun time for Leah. If Amber has Leah over to her house (wherever that new place is) I would hate to know Leah was put in her room with thousands of dollars of presents while the sloths are lying around watching Netflix. Leah is better off with Gary and Kristina who will likely make it a festive and wonderful holiday for the kids.

@mittsigirl I am deeply sorry for your loss. It saddens me to read what happened to your child. It is a reminder of how we should always be thankful for the people in our lives because we just never know. I am sure your angel in heaven is looking down upon you with a beautiful smile.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Another thing to consider is that Leah has a sibling at Gary's house. Those girls are going to want to spend Christmas together, especially as they get older. I can see Amber making demands about Christmas, just to get her way. Not because she's going to do something really fun or special. She probably sleeps until 3, has Matt grill some burgers, and then opens the presents she bought herself. 

Blended families have to be flexible around the holidays. My parents divorced before I was born and both remarried and had other kids. I always spent Christmas morning with my mom, step-dad and 3 sisters. My dad picked me up mid-day; then he, my step-mom, my other sister, and me went to my grandparents for Christmas dinner. Then we had SECOND Christmas on the 26th. My dad taught me and my sister that Santa came an extra day for children of divorce. The parents did what they needed, to make the kids happy. It wasn't the norm, but it worked for us. 

Amber is such a brat, I can't see her giving an inch when it comes to getting her way. It's even more annoying because she doesn't even spend time with BooBoo when she has her. 

• Love 10

@mittsigirl I forgot to mention about you spreading that Xmas cheer. *thumbs up*  I love reading stuff like that because it gives me ideas. I am a "pay-it-forward" kinda person. One thing I like to do is pay for a police officer's drink at Starbucks, help an elderly person put their groceries in their car, or give a homeless person a bag of socks, baby wipes, and some snacks.  I did that a lot when my kids were with me growing up. I didn't tell them anything, I just did it, hoping to lead by example. Now, my kids, who are adults, do the same. I like the idea of Amber taking Leah and spreading some cheer, even if it is for a few hours. Amber could take Leah to a place where former addicts are now making a change in their lives such as at a sober house or a facility where families are in need of help such as a shelter. They could drop off some much-needed gifts such as toiletries, socks, and maybe a blanket or two with some little gifts for a few children.  But, this is Amber. She can't bother to spend quality time with her kid. Why would she spend her time and money on anyone else? Ungrateful and self-centered bitch.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Another thing to consider is that Leah has a sibling at Gary's house. Those girls are going to want to spend Christmas together, especially as they get older. I can see Amber making demands about Christmas, just to get her way. Not because she's going to do something really fun or special. She probably sleeps until 3, has Matt grill some burgers, and then opens the presents she bought herself. 

Agree.

• Love 5

I'm several days behind in my reading, and seem to have lost the posts I was quoting, but wanted to address our mean and/or snarky comments about the girls and the show on PTV. There are people who seek these girls out on social media to tell them how crappy of a person they are, and seem to get personal satisfaction in being mean. I don't blame them for blocking those people, because there is no reason to put up with abuse. However, some of them, Amber and Catelynn are the one's I'm aware of, block anyone who doesn't post something about how great they are. Someone who suggested Catelynn reconsider renting a horse as opposed to buying, and didn't do it hatefully, but matter of fact and politely, was blocked. Yet the people who call Carly their daughter and proclaim how Brandon and Theresa should give her back are not. People also seek them out on social media in hopes of getting a response, and tell them how great they are and how they should ignore the haters. Those same people get in fights with anyone who doesn't doesn't post something positive, including the person who suggested she reconsider the purchase of the horse.

These girls have to come here and search out our posts to read our comments. I truly believe that some of them do, and have no doubt that someone from MTV does. If they don't want to read our opinions, they don't have to come here. It requires an action by them. They put themselves on television and are paid to share their lives, and people talking about them is going to happen. They should be called out for some of their behaviors, but no one in their life will do it, since they are the moneytrains. I think Barb and Maci's mom were the only ones we saw do it. Simon is doing it now, but it's because he is a famewhore who likes the attention and enjoys being a shitstirrer. He is every bit as bad as Matt and Farrah, and he probably reads here to see what people want him to say. So, if he is, he will know that I think he is scum. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm several days behind in my reading, and seem to have lost the posts I was quoting, but wanted to address our mean and/or snarky comments about the girls and the show on PTV. There are people who seek these girls out on social media to tell them how crappy of a person they are, and seem to get personal satisfaction in being mean. I don't blame them for blocking those people, because there is no reason to put up with abuse. However, some of them, Amber and Catelynn are the one's I'm aware of, block anyone who doesn't post something about how great they are. Someone who suggested Catelynn reconsider renting a horse as opposed to buying, and didn't do it hatefully, but matter of fact and politely, was blocked. Yet the people who call Carly their daughter and proclaim how Brandon and Theresa should give her back are not. People also seek them out on social media in hopes of getting a response, and tell them how great they are and how they should ignore the haters. Those same people get in fights with anyone who doesn't doesn't post something positive, including the person who suggested she reconsider the purchase of the horse.

These girls have to come here and search out our posts to read our comments. I truly believe that some of them do, and have no doubt that someone from MTV does. If they don't want to read our opinions, they don't have to come here. It requires an action by them. They put themselves on television and are paid to share their lives, and people talking about them is going to happen. They should be called out for some of their behaviors, but no one in their life will do it, since they are the moneytrains. I think Barb and Maci's mom were the only ones we saw do it. Simon is doing it now, but it's because he is a famewhore who likes the attention and enjoys being a shitstirrer. He is every bit as bad as Matt and Farrah, and he probably reads here to see what people want him to say. So, if he is, he will know that I think he is scum. 

As you said, those girls have to come here to find us. Our mean and snarky comments are mostly done in fun. What I see as a big difference in what we do, and what people who seek them out do (aka "haters") is that we CAN give them the benefit of the doubt. We can snark on Farrah, for instance, and make fun of her yet we can also step back and acknowledge the fact that Debra's boyfriend was a creep to her. We can ridicule Amber, but also be concerned about the idea of Matt abusing her. We don't WANT to see bad things happen to these women and if any of them do something outstanding, we (sometimes begrudgingly) celebrate that. The fact, is, when you put yourself out there in the public like that, people are going to talk about you. They are going to hyper-analyze you. It happens. They should be glad it happens. The public's attention to minute details of their lives is what's paying their bills. 

• Love 9
On 12/25/2016 at 6:16 PM, Christina said:

I agree. If I may add, the girls also allow such hateful and vile comments by their followers to remain on their pages. They go the trouble to delete any tweets or comments directed at them, as you pointed out, they perceive is negative. They sure don't bother to remove anything that is cruel or insensitive about their exes, Farrah, or anyone else they have an issue with in their lives. As long as it follows their agenda, it remains on their pages.

I wouldn't put it past MTV or the cast members to be scrolling through our pages here. A Google search will bring up the threads from PTV depending on what is being put in the search engine. I have had that happened when I was searching for something, particularly a specific moment from the show. With the way Cate and Amber spend countless hours on the couch with nothing to do, and phones in their hands, they are surely searching for themselves on the internet.

They can put a stop to all the "haterz", but that would mean sacrificing the almighty MTV check.

• Love 4

Aside from her  sparkling  personality   I would   bet the reason Maci hates Farrah is that she sees Farrah as a D list Reality star and herself as an educator providing valuable  life lessons to young girls.

The other two are upset because Farrah is a D list star and they are Z listers who are fading fast.

• Love 5