Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Honeymoons

• Start Topic

Yeah, I scratched my head at that passive-direct pairing reason as well. 

Also, it took a near-death experience for Sam to appreciate Neil being calm? Girl, bye.

I agree. These "experts" don't know shit. Sometimes passive vs. direct works, but fuck me, it's as if he married a bag of cocaine with legs.

• Love 13

A near death experience certainly would qualify as an opportunity for misattribution of arousal. Sam started talking about Neil taking control and saving her life. If the previews are any indication, she got over it.

I wouldn't use the term "crazy bitch," but Sam was really passive aggressive about her behavior toward Neil. She tried to tell him it's his fault because she can't figure out when she's being an ass. It's also funny how Neil is getting over finding Sam attractive as well.

David and Ashley are following the narrative better in that Ashley is starting to warm to David a little bit. I like the obvious reward / punishment system being employed. Ashley talks about not sleeping in the same bed as David, now she has to give him a manicure.

Tres and Vanessa are kind of boring. They seem like the Cortney and Jason of this season so far.

Adding: Opposites attracting is kind of a dumb explanation. Sometimes different traits compliment each other by supporting strengths with weaknesses. Lots of people are show leadership without being aggressive alpha dogs.

Edited by ketose
  • Love 4

Has anyone mentioned the dent in Ashley's forehead yet?

Some people apparently talked about it online and Ashley's mother explained that it was due to being born with a tumor and having it removed. Her full explanation id on the discussion page for the 2nd episode (The Weddings). Personally, I never noticed it until I saw people talking about it. Even then I barely see it and I'm surprised that anyone else could Edited by ralph
  • Love 5

I feel sorry for Neil.  His body language said it all when he was Skype-ing his friend.  He looked so deflated - He couldn't hide that.  In his talking heads he's nothing but optimistic but I think he's trying to convince himself to stay that way.  Psycho-beast Sam needs to stop being so freaking shallow and judging a book by its cover.  Neil is more man than she's ever known, obviously.  She wouldn't know a "manly man" if one fell over her.  I don't mistake passivity for lack of manliness.  There are such beasts as "strong silent types" who walk softly and carry a big stick.  She obviously doesn't have enough class to know a gentleman from a brute.  I don't care if Sam comes around to liking Neil - He is worth SO much more than her.  I hope he realizes it before making a huge mistake.  She's one of those psychos that will turn on you on a moment's notice.  Going on and on at him with all the insults was just inexcusable and shows what little maturity she has.  Shame on these stupid "experts" for not seeing her crazy eyes a mile away!  Totally inexcusable!  When her father told her that a man starts to do things to "take care" of a woman when involved in a romantic relationship he was right - She did just about everything to insure that Neil would NOT feel romantic towards her by attacking his manhood, so what did she expect?  If she treated him like a man, maybe he would start to act like one toward her.  What a freaking stupid bitch!

Ashley is back with the stick up her butt.  The problem is that she's not comfortable with herself, not just that she's with someone she's not comfortable with.  It's her lack of social maturity that's the problem.  But she does have a good heart and is still giving it the ol' college try.  She's trying and that says a lot for her.  When she said she didn't have any guy friends I thought that was regrettable, and telling.  She's an introvert and some of her standoffishness has to do with that, but it goes beyond that with her, IMHO.  She has a sort of social anxiety that I understand because I had it when I was young too - But then again I would have been aware enough of that not to get involved in marrying a stranger.  David's right that she had guts to do that, but she didn't think about the follow-through and what that would really involve from her.  I thought she handled David well when she admitted she wasn't "feeling romantic" - What a stark contrast to Sam, who couldn't care less how Neil felt and just kept belittling him.  At least Ashley is not so self centered that she doesn't care about David's feelings - Clearly she does.

Tres and Vanessa - What can I say?  I think it's good that she's going with the flow with him for now, but I can totally understand her reservations about him.  I just hope she doesn't get hurt.  Their chemistry is undeniable and a refreshing element to this season so far.

• Love 10

This was mentioned last week and apparently she had a brain tumor as a young child or infant.

I was just wondering about it. I also did not notice it until a couple days ago when I read about people talking about it on another site.

I know Neil sounds positive in his TH's but he seems hurt that Sam is insinuating that he's less than a man. Matching a strong personality with a passive aggressive person doesn't always work out. When she said she realized something was there after the near-death experience I think she was just caught up in the moment. I doubt that feeling will last.

David also seems hurt that Ashley doesn't feel anything for him right now. To me it seems like she's not even trying.

Tres and Vanessa seem like a real married couple to me. They actually like each other.

• Love 2

Sam and Neil- This is painful to watch. I feel like these two are stuck on the world's longest worst first date. Neil is a much better person than I am because I would have told Sam to go fuck herself and quit the show if I were him. She really is an awful person and she's never going to find anyone to put up with her shit.

Neil's not the kind of guy I'm normally attracted to either so I get that but there's no excuse for insulting the guy and constantly making jokes about him being girly. I do hate his clothes though.

David and Ashley- I can't figure out why she signed up for this show. She seems so miserable all of the time. David's constant talking would probably drive me a little batty but Ashley is the world's worst conversationalist. It's almost like she's on tranquilizers half the time. I really think she's to boring for David. She sucks the fun out of everything.

Tres and Vanessa- These two seem like a decent match but they are so boring to watch.

• Love 11

Sam:  WHAT A BITCH.  Neil should just stop trying... he is WAY too good for her.  I keep thinking that Davina and Neil would have been a good match, she was dominant, but not a hosebeast.

Ashley is a cold, cold, cold fish.  I feel bad for her husband he is trying so hard.... and IMO is a handsome guy.. and she isn't giving him ZERO. Why did Ashley ever think of doing this show if she is so averse to 'STRANGER, STRANGER, STRANGER! DANGER!' ??

Edited by butterly17
  • Love 11

I felt like Ashley wasnt even trying most of this episode and was too focused on all the awkwardness of the situation to even begin to start to grow closer to David.

I feel for her because she seems a lot like me. I'm very introverted and could totally see myself reacting to every situation she was in in the same way, but I'm would have seen and appreciated how hard David was trying to make things work that I would have forced myself to talk more or be more open with him.

I really think she at times could have given intimacy a little nudge by doing something as small as asking David to hold her hand on a short distance walk. Anything to not wallow in the "he's a stranger, I don't know him" mindset.

I'm glad something in her seemed to have shifted by the end of the episode and she decided to open up to him. I hope she keeps it up because David seems like such a sweet heart.

Edited by ralph
  • Love 5

Neil is more man than she's ever known, obviously.  She wouldn't know a "manly man" if one fell over her.  I don't mistake passivity for lack of manliness.  There are such beasts as "strong silent types" who walk softly and carry a big stick.  She obviously doesn't have enough class to know a gentleman from a brute.  

Cosign all of this. My husband isn't what you wouldn't consider an "alpha male." He's very tall (6'7"), very slim and unassuming, even a little bit shy. But he is fiercely loyal, fiercely independent and fiercely resolute in his convictions which are usually right. He's the perfect, perfect example of the saying "still waters run deep." I'm outspoken, not at all shy and definitely opinionated: we balance each other out in ways that complement. Sam is just a dick. The way she was belittling Neil at their lunch table? I wanted to reach into my screen and wring her neck. A man is not measured by his "manliness" but by his character. Ugh. I would totally date Neil--he has a good physique and a pleasant, fun personality. 

Re: Ashley and David. David is a cutie! He seems like a genuinely nice person and he's the type of guy you can have fun with. Ashley has the personality of dry toast. I understand she is shy, but then why did she sign up for this show? There is nothing wrong with being shy and I appreciate that despite not being attracted to David, she didn't brazenly hurt his feelings a la Sam, but my God woman... try to at least have a conversation!

Edited by RococoChanel
  • Love 10

I totally agree about Ashley. I was thinking the same thing as several people here: if she's so freaked out about being married to a stranger, then why did she sign up for this show? What exactly did she expect? I just don't get it. It's not like David is a troll. He's nice looking and he seems like a fun guy. I get being an introvert, and I'm sure she needs some alone time sometimes, but couldn't she make at least a little effort to talk to him?

On the other hand, at least she's not been insulting him, unlike Sam.

Sam is absolutely insufferable. She's rude, aggressive, and overbearing, but if somebody says something back to her - oh, boy! She's a hurt princess. And how could she think that it was all right with Neil for her to keep insulting him? It was such bullshit that supposedly she didn't know that he didn't like her cruel words. So, unless someone tells her to stop being such an ass it's totally fine to be mean?

I don't think Neil should have apologized so much. He did nothing wrong. Now I really hope he will not want to stay married to this woman. Even if they made it past the 6 weeks mark, can you imagine how married life would be with someone like that?

I really don't understand why the experts think that it's good to pair up two people who are opposites. That kind of stuff might work in the long run, when two people have the chance to get to know each other for some time, and slowly realize that they do like each other. But in this situation it's asking too much of two absolute strangers to suddenly feel romantic when they have such different personalities.

• Love 9

This is my first time watching this show; it's a "stranger" to me, if you will.  Random thoughts:

Tres looks like the Weeknd without hair.  Vanessa is adorable.

Weekly Sam check - yep, still a bitch.

David made a great point in saying to Ashley, essentially, that he'll always be a stranger if she keeps considering him one.  I like that he has been vocal in trying to get his frustrations across, but at the same time he's been enormously patient.  I feel Ashley goes up and down with her feelings for David, but I do hope that she continues to see in David what the person named after a soda and some guy who wears more makeup than I do saw when they matched them.

Also, I love how the "experts" will periodically weigh in and be like "Now folks, let's not forget - these people were 'strangers' mere days ago, so it's completely natural for them to physically recoil in disgust from their spouses.  This will fade over time."  

• Love 8

This is my first time watching this show; it's a "stranger" to me, if you will.  Random thoughts:

Tres looks like the Weeknd without hair.  Vanessa is adorable.

Weekly Sam check - yep, still a bitch.

David made a great point in saying to Ashley, essentially, that he'll always be a stranger if she keeps considering him one.  I like that he has been vocal in trying to get his frustrations across, but at the same time he's been enormously patient.  I feel Ashley goes up and down with her feelings for David, but I do hope that she continues to see in David what the person named after a soda and some guy who wears more makeup than I do saw when they matched them.

Also, I love how the "experts" will periodically weigh in and be like "Now folks, let's not forget - these people were 'strangers' mere days ago, so it's completely natural for them to physically recoil in disgust from their spouses.  This will fade over time."  

Yep. That's how they treated the media abortion that was season 2... and that certainly worked out rather swimmingly.

The only season where this has actually worked and gotten places is the first season. Jason and Cortney are this show's version of Kelly Clarkson or Trista Rehn (the first Bachelorette - married the longest), aka people who in the early vestiges of their reality show, got really lucky while everyone else failed.

• Love 4

This whole modern day arranged marriage concept is getting thinner all the time. Statistics is the only science at play here. I'd love to see some real counseling to the deluded people who think there's something better out there. "Hey Sam, you're kind of a two-face and Neil was willing to buy the cow sight unseen. You can commit now or end up an old lady in an apartment filled with sugar glider droppings."

I suppose it's unethical for the show to try plying the couples with copious amounts of free booze to loosen them up, but then when has TV ever been ethical?

• Love 5

Sam is absolutely insufferable. She's rude, aggressive, and overbearing, but if somebody says something back to her - oh, boy! She's a hurt princess. And how could she think that it was all right with Neil for her to keep insulting him? It was such bullshit that supposedly she didn't know that he didn't like her cruel words. So, unless someone tells her to stop being such an ass it's totally fine to be mean?

I don't think Neil should have apologized so much. He did nothing wrong. Now I really hope he will not want to stay married to this woman. Even if they made it past the 6 weeks mark, can you imagine how married life would be with someone like that?

You nailed Sam above.  How she could turn around and blame her abusiveness on HIM was a bad sign.  It's the classic MO of the classic abuser to blame the victim.  Usually people that do that in quite the nasty way she did have a pattern of doing that in relationships.  I think Sam is one of those people who continues to test people's boundaries until they want to strangle her.  It's very childish behavior, like she's perpetually stuck in the "terrible twos".  I call it the "hurt puppy" effect.  The puppy continues to bite you until you swat it to get it to stop and then it acts all hurt and mortally wounded like YOU'RE the big meanie!  When she said she was used to eating alone, Mr. Snarklepuss said, "Good, honey, because with your attitude you're going to be doing a LOT of it".  I too thought Neil apologized too much.  I get it that he doesn't want to stoop to her level or anger her, but he seriously has nothing to apologize for, IMHO.  I hope he's just dutifully following through on his promise at this point but realizes what a total psycho she is.  BTW, when he grabbed the ball and said, "How about not calling me a pussy" he became about 50% more attractive to me in that moment. 

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 12

Cilona said that the experts matched Sam and Neil because Sam is direct and frank and Neil is passive. For the life of me I can't figure how that made any sense to anyone. Passive quiet shy people do not like being around abrasive, aggressive people. Opposites don't always attract.

I partially disagree. People who are not outgoing and a bit passive can (and often do) benefit from being with a more outgoing, more assertive person. 

But Sam and Neil are extremes -- especially Sam! -- and I see no way this could ever really work out. (Not even after Neil 'saved her life'.)

Also, I agree 100% with what Snarklepuss said. Sam blamed all her abusiveness on Neil as soon as he dared to complain about her constant insinuations and implications that he's less than manly. 

Unfortunately, there is someone in our family who behaves that way, so I understand how it makes people feel. She prides herself in being 'honest,' but of course, it's not really honesty -- it's abuse. Most people don't dare to respond to it, not even to say that they don't like something hurtful she keeps saying -- because if they do, she will really go on the attack and she will blame them for not mentioning it before and she will stomp off blaming the other person for being mean to her! (...Sam is a lot like this person...)

I can't even count the number of times that this family member has ruined a special occasion or holiday for the rest of us. Neil shouldn't walk away from Sam -- he should run!!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

Sam and Neil - We are now into season three and I think it is safe to say that Sam is the worst person ever to be cast on this show and while we all have reservations about the 'experts', how this insufferable, spoiled, abusive, fright-pig of a person was picked to be matched up for anyone to be married is beyond me.  While I loved that Neil finally stood up for himself, I was disappointed that he then took the blame for not 'communicating'.  Sam...there are NO statute of limitations for being told that you hurt someone with your constant abusive manner. 

David and Ashley - David seems to try in such earnest but its almost getting to be a little desperate. but he doesn't deserve the non-reactions from such a stick in the mud like Ashley.  I get that she is not attracted to him physically but he is being so nice, how can she not react to him in at least in a playful friendly manner?  Oh, unless she is devoid of any personality which seems to be the case

Trezzzzz and Vanezzzza - zzzzzzzzzz sorry I fell asleep.  So the thing with these two -yawn- is that.....they.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 10

Ashley is just saying "but you're a stranger" as a way to explain to him nicely that she is physically repulsed by him. It's her way of being nice about it. Instead of saying I  dont find you physically attractive AT ALL..she is beating around the bush with things like "well we just met, I need some time and you are a stranger".  It think he is nice and all but she is looking at his bad physique, the white jelly belly and she just can't. At least Doug Hehner has a great body.  Also the Ryan that the other New Jersey girl didn't like at first also had a great body. I feel for Ashley. She is repulsed by him and has to pretend. It is very hard when you are not attracted to some one. I think she is cold but this is a tough spot she is in.

Also the body language of Tres is very telling. HE WANTS OUT! did you all not see it? Vanessa was hanging all over him and his body language was showing that he did NOT feel the same way. Watch the last 2 scenes with them and watch his body language and watch her. 

Edited by operalover
  • Love 4

I partially disagree. People who are not outgoing and a bit passive can (and often do) benefit from being with a more outgoing, more assertive person.

But Sam and Neil are extremes -- especially Sam! -- and I see no way this could ever really work out. Not even after Neil 'saved her life'.

I think you're right. Opposites can attract but generally not when both are at the extreme end of the spectrum. Sam and Neil are just too different. Neil needs a nice woman who appreciates being with a gentleman and Sam needs medication.

Now I think Ashley and David might be the type of opposites that can compliant each other. Ashley seems shy and reserved but not necessarily passive and David seems outgoing but not an aggressive dick like Sam. I still don't think these two are going to make it but at least they can be respectful of one another.

Anyway, I don't even know how Sam functions as an adult. I think the comparison to a two year old is perfect. She likes to push people to see how much they'll take than gets offended when they snap. I have no patience for assholes like her. I wonder how well she would have done if she were paired with a dominant man like Vaughn. I suspect he would have abandoned the experiment at the wedding.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 6

But Sam and Neil are extremes -- especially Sam! -- and I see no way this could ever really work out. Not even after Neil 'saved her life'.

I agree. I think it could work with Dave and Ashley. I wouldn't necessarily say Ashley is passive, but she is introverted and a bit closed-off, and I think could benefit from Dave's more outgoing & easy going personality. And he seems like he may be patient enough to wait for her to open up, although he did get a bit frustrated this week.

But with Sam and Neil, their issue is mostly that she is an ass. I'm curious to know exactly what this 'manly-man' type of guy that she wants is, but I'm pretty sure he would be someone who I would consider to be a world-class jerk.

I think the problem with the concept of this show is that the interviews and personality tests that the 'experts' do just aren't enough to weed out people like Sam. People can fake their way through those things. I think the experts should take the final contestants on a long weekend retreat somewhere that would take them out of them out of their comfort zones and they would get a better sense of what these people are really like (Pepper and Logan could take the group of women and Cilona and the Harvard guy can take the guys).

• Love 2

Opposites can be fine as long as they are open to each other's ways. Neil seems boggled by Sam, and Sam has no respect for Neil. Also Sam is a mondo bitch from the planet BitchTron. And apparently she is a really shitty driver, too.

• Love 6

Neil, how much more can you take from Sam?

If Sam was a husband talking and treating his MAFS wife in the same manner she is treating you, there would be producer/expert interventions.

Flashbacks of RyanD and his playful verbal "teasing" of Jessica last season.

• Love 7

Oh, I don't  know to say. I think this show is just so scripted.

So David and Ashley decide to sleep in separate beds and then wouldn't you know the first question on the call with the expert is "Are you sleeping in separate bedrooms?"

• Love 5

I can't stand Ashley, why is she even on this show?  If she told David, "you're a stranger," one more time, I was going to throw something at the TV.  I don't think she's an extreme introvert, I think she's a person who is scared of how she'll come off on camera.  Again I say, why is she there?

I get Sam, I really, really do.  I've had dates where the guy was great but sometimes you're just not into them and there's zero you can do about it.  Sam though needs to expand her vocabulary, she could have said, "I don't have any romantic feelings for you yet," instead of insulting the guy.  BTW, I'm not into Neil either, I think he's strange looking and I would have been grossed out at first if he was chosen for me, and sometimes when you're grossed out there's nothing you can do about it.  

Vanessa reminds me of girls I knew in college (I went to a college near an all male military academy) who would spend all their free time reading Brides magazine and planning their wedding, even before they met someone.

• Love 2

You nailed Sam above.  How she could turn around and blame her abusiveness on HIM was a bad sign.  It's the classic MO of the classic abuser to blame the victim.  Usually people that do that in quite the nasty way she did have a pattern of doing that in relationships.  I think Sam is one of those people who continues to test people's boundaries until they want to strangle her.  It's very childish behavior, like she's perpetually stuck in the "terrible twos".  I call it the "hurt puppy" effect.  The puppy continues to bite you until you swat it to get it to stop and then it acts all hurt and mortally wounded like YOU'RE the big meanie!  When she said she was used to eating alone, Mr. Snarklepuss said, "Good, honey, because with your attitude you're going to be doing a LOT of it".  I too thought Neil apologized too much.  I get it that he doesn't want to stoop to her level or anger her, but he seriously has nothing to apologize for, IMHO.  I hope he's just dutifully following through on his promise at this point but realizes what a total psycho she is.  BTW, when he grabbed the ball and said, "How about not calling me a pussy" he became about 50% more attractive to me in that moment. 

I totally agree with everything you said. She is an emotional abuser, and her blaming the other person is emotional manipulation. She's trying to divert the attention from her own behavior by blaming Neil. I've actually met several people who do that testing thing: they are obnoxious and confrontational until you fight back, but when you do, you earn their respect and they are much nicer. Sam, on the other hand, didn't seem to be too impressed with Neil standing up to her. Instead, she got all huffy about it. I am not surprised that she's been single. Who could take someone like that in the long run?

And yes, Neil became much more attractive when he talked back to her. But, apparently not to Sam.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 5

I get Sam, I really, really do.  I've had dates where the guy was great but sometimes you're just not into them and there's zero you can do about it.  Sam though needs to expand her vocabulary, she could have said, "I don't have any romantic feelings for you yet," instead of insulting the guy.  BTW, I'm not into Neil either, I think he's strange looking and I would have been grossed out at first if he was chosen for me, and sometimes when you're grossed out there's nothing you can do about it.  

I don't think that justifies her extremely hostile and nasty behavior, though. She knew there was a risk that she wouldn't be attracted to her husband when she signed up for the show. If that was so important to her, she should have made it a dealbreaker or not done the show. Instead she is treating Neil like something that came out of a homeless man's ass. There's a huge difference between "not attracted to you" and "talking to you like you are the most pussy-ass piece of shit I've ever met."

• Love 10

I dont think Vanessa is any different from most girls growing up that dreamed about their wedding. I dont think shes asking for too much from Tres, shes obviously someone thats been burned a few times. Intentions are important.

Sam was absolutely disgusting to Neil but I guess makes for better TV. Somehow I think they are still together.

Ashley and David are very boring, Ashley lacks personlaity.

Edited by kam
  • Love 2

Opposites can be fine as long as they are open to each other's ways. Neil seems boggled by Sam, and Sam has no respect for Neil. Also Sam is a mondo bitch from the planet BitchTron. And apparently she is a really shitty driver, too.

LOL, yes, and it was funny how she got all frustrated with Neil's driving and took over (with some griping sprinkled in), but when she was driving them home, she almost got them killed.

Also the body language of Tres is very telling. HE WANTS OUT! did you all not see it? Vanessa was hanging all over him and his body language was showing that he did NOT feel the same way. Watch the last 2 scenes with them and watch his body language and watch her. 

I did notice that it was always Vanessa leaning in for a kiss. Tres didn't seem to initiate kissing or hugging or anything like that.

To me, so far they've been the bright spot, since they at least are getting along well, but I have a feeling that some big drama will come when they go home and everyday life starts.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 1

So Sam needs someone to tell her that she's been an asshole?  And she has to be told that it's not okay to call her husband (or any man) a p*ssy?  She is some piece of work.  Neil deserves so much better.  I would date him in a minute - - he's funny, he's easygoing and he's fun.  Where's the problem, Sam?

I know some people don't get Ashley but I'll cut her some slack.  I've had my moments of feeling introverted and shy and I have done the same thing she did - - clam up and basically want to be alone.  Because she's on the shy and reserved side, she may have thought this would be a good idea.  I would guess she has a hard time meeting people.  In any event,  David seems awesome.  He is very patient and understanding without being judgy.

Tres and Vanessa are kinda dull.  Vanessa mentioned being in a 4 year relationship.  When did it end?  She's only 25 so I'd be worried that she ran into this while still dealing with that breakup. 

• Love 7

I think Neil and Sam were matched because they are both kind of weird, funny and quirky.  The problem is that their weird quirky personalities kind of clash.  And Sam is an asshole.

Ashley is driving me crazy!  She is so uptight!  I get that she is not attracted to David.  I would have a problem being forced to be with someone I wasn't attracted to also.  I had plenty of dates like that when I was young and single.  Guys that were perfectly nice looking and decent guys, but there was just no spark.  But I would have never signed up to marry someone sight unseen!  What was she thinking?  She probably just assumed they would match her with someone tall dark and handsome and they would live happily ever after.  I feel so bad for David.  I can't believe he doesn't just bail.

I really like Tres and Vanessa.  I think they are adorable and I hope it works out for them.

• Love 4

It think he is nice and all but she is looking at his bad physique, the white jelly belly and she just can't. At least Doug Hehner has a great body. 

David has a cute face but does need to lose weight (sorry David! You're a total cuddly bear).

Doug is the PERFECT example of a dude who knows his face isn't cute so he's put time and effort into his body. He has a slammin' body. 

BuPUyM1CMAE5V3i.jpg

Edited by RococoChanel
  • Love 1

Some of these "strong" personalities like Sam think they want a dominate manly man type. But if she did have a guy who questioned her on everything and did not let her make the decisions- a guy who took over- she would hate it! I'm pretty sure she wants and needs to be in control of all situations. It's a fantasy that she wants a partner to tell her "no" and to make the decisions. A big fantasy that in reality she would hate. 

David has a cute face but does need to lose weight (sorry David! You're a total cuddly bear).

Doug is the PERFECT example of a dude who knows his face isn't cute so he's put time and effort into his body. He has a slammin' body. 

BuPUyM1CMAE5V3i.jpg

this is exactly what helped Jamie get over not be attracted to him at first. She was looking at the face at the wedding. Once she got a look at that- well yeah he IS sexy and attractive. Ashley does not have this "out" so she is basically stuck. 

• Love 1

I continue to wonder what these women possibly could have said to so many casting agents, producers, and "experts" to get chosen. There's no way they could have acted the way we're seeing them, right?

I don't want to put words in Ashley's mouth, but if she had sat there and run down her list of must-have looks ("combination of Ian Somerhalder, James Marsden, Matt Bomer, Chace Crawford, Chris, Pine, and Channing Tatum. Must be tan and fit, with a sculpted physique. Under 12% body fat."), I have to believe she would have been thrown to the curb alongside all the other delusionals.

I can only assume that she and Sam are lying liars who lied their faces off, both in person and on Cilona's vaunted-but-worthless "instruments."

• Love 9

The thing with Ashley that I don't get is she's a very average looking person herself so realistically she could never land a guy that is super attractive.

David might not be gorgeous but at least for me he's the kind of guy that gets more attractive the more you get to know him. I think his smile is super adorable. I know you can't help who your attracted to but I'm a firm believer that attraction can grow with time (as long as you don't find the person physically repulsive which David is not.)

When I first met my husband I didn't feel instant sexual chemistry but after a few dates and a few drinks I was ready to jump all over him. It actually caught me off guard how quickly my feelings changed. I think the same thing happened to Jaclyn and Jamie so it does happen.

• Love 8

Ashley's "you are a stranger" is the new "the process" overuse excuse gem from our old friend Davina for those participating in the new season's MAFS drinking game.

Feel free to sub eggnog if you have in your fridge.

Somewhere under David's winter body is one that can rival Doug's.

Few months with a personal trainer and a clean eating regime he can transform his physique.

David has a better face... sorry Doug fans.

• Love 8

The shirt that Sam was wearing during the tether ball scene was too tight. She has quite a little stomach on her at age 30. She is going to be overweight at 45 I'm sure of it. Too tight=not a good look.

Agree, that was a crazy-unflattering shirt. Yikes. It didn't help that her shorts were way too small and you could see a muffin top where they cut into her waist. I always say, muffin top doesn't mean you're fat, it means you have no clue what size you should be wearing.

• Love 5

I can get not being attracted. Those moles on Doug's face would seriously turn me off LOL

And even a good looking guy could be a turn off when u get to know them...I remember one of the "best" seeming guys I ever dated, seriously Bradley Cooper handsome, an architect....handholding - sweaty clammy hands.....I began noticing the sweat marks on his shirt....then a casual date...he was not glowing, he was sweating....and a brief makeout session that left me drenched....ewww......no ...I was busy when he did call a few more times. Yeah, superficial but eww...and I understand it might be a medical issue...but ewww

At least Ashley is acting with some dignity. At the end she can say "you r a great guy but I see u as a friend, blah blah"
Sam ?? Horrible. How can his and her family watch this and not cringe?

~~~~~~~
I wonder what happens with Vanessa and T when they are home? IMHO his job is a lot of hours.....luxury car sales is fast paced, many hours...and from what I have seen lot of party types.

• Love 1

I am beginning to wonder if the reasons these women get so freaked out by the guy's physical appearance is because they are really thinking for life going into this thing.  They have zero sparks with the groom and start to panic.  The guys on the other hand, are much more okay because they go into it sort of with the attitude "the way she looks is fine as long as it is someone I am not going to be kicking out of bed."  I know this is a very sexist way to think about this, but this seems the pattern that is repeated on every season of this show.  Of course, the previous seasons' brides did warm up to their grooms, much to the detriment of one.

• Love 6

The version of Sam being presented on this show isn't just a strong personality. She is awful and has terrible social and communication skills. 

Also, I can't stand it when women like her talk about a traditional relationship where the man takes care of the woman when what they actually want is sort of a sugar daddy with movie star looks who takes care of all the bills and doesn't make any demands on her, but gives her at least 50% (but, usually more) of the decision making power.

Guess what? Truly traditional relationships where the wife appeared to be taken care of involved her having no real rights of property, reproduction and definitely not her own body. So, shut up about tradition. A man being honest about wanting to be married to another fully actualized adult should be celebrated. Sam is doing more to increase Neil's chances of finding a fulfilling relationship after this show than she ever could for her own. 

Edited by red12
  • Love 19

Ha funny write up! Yes Dave throw yourself out of the helicopter! This is the problem with internet and blind dating as well: you cannot see chemistry on paper. Ashley was already worrying about how she was going to make it through the next 6 weeks being thoroughly repulsed by him.