Type keyword(s) to search

Savannah Guthrie

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Blue eye shadow, bright pink lipstick? She looks like a child that raided her mother's makeup kit.

That's probably why when the Today ladies did this "no makeup" video for this Colbie Caillat song, Savannah is the one who arguably looked BETTER outside of makeup.

Jx1Spia.jpg

vs.

FKLb6IJ.jpg

EDIT - Damnit, unless that's Natalie Morales.  Honestly for some reason unless you can see their full body, it's actually kind of hard to tell their faces apart.

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

I thought that was Natalie on first glance.  But I've never noticed the resemblance until now.

If you see them full body its easy to tell them apart.  Close up where you can only see the face?  Same color hair, almost same color eyes. Similar noses, chin, etc.

Wait... here, this is scary. 

oX7ArXN.jpg

Yes, you can tell them apart here, but if all you saw was a closeup of just the face on that day would you REALLY be able to?  

Edited by Kromm

Savannah Guthrie:  Mama NoLips

(Is that too mean?)

We could go even meaner and also riff on the confusion above about how much (otherwise) the two Today show news brunettes look alike.

Savannah Guthrie: Natalie Morales minus Lips equals Savannah

• Love 1

What the hell was she wearing today?  The weird print top and black leggings.  She looked like one of those decorated and lacquered eggs.  She's waaaay too knock-kneed for leggings.  She was dressed for winter, and the other "women" were in the usual sleeveless little-girl dresses.

I thought it was just me having a morning hallucination when I saw her in that getup.  And yes, she is quite knock-kneed so leggings should be banned from her wardrobe.  Maybe she got up tired and just threw something on.

It's an "interesting" name, but I'll feel sorry for her when she will have to constantly correct the spelling.  "V-e-i-l? 

V-a-i-l?   NO, V-A-L-E, dammit!"

Edited by Ohwell

It's better than Apple, or Pilot Inspektor, or Blanket, or Satchel, or Kal-El (Nick Cage's dopey name for his kid), but I still wonder about names like this.

Hey, have you heard of Frank Zappa's least well known kid? Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa?  

Actually there are a few even worse.  Penn Jillette named his kid Moxie Crimefighter.  Jermaine Jackson named his Jermajesty.  And the worst of all?  From a guy I thought more sensible.  Rob Morrow named his kid "Tu".  So she's going through life as Tu Morrow (was he trying to force her to get married young?)

And let's not forget North West.

The name Vale itself isn't ugly or weird like those other names, but it's the spelling issue that comes to mind.  Also, call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer names that you can tell whether it's a male or female.  I know nowadays that a lot of people like gender-neutral names, so I guess Vale fits that description. 

Anyway, regarding the baby, I just wanted to reach through the TV screen and pinch those adorable chubby cheeks.

Interviewing Eddie Redmayne:

Matt: "you've called this the most challenging role in your career...blah, blah"

Eddie: "answering"

Savannah: "is this one of the most challenging roles you've ever taken on?"

Did she not just listen to him answering when Matt asked the very same question?

Meh.  I actually like Savannah on the Today show.  They need someone who knows what they're talking about when they do the political interviews and commentary during the first half hour, and I think she compliments Matt well.  The bad thing for Savannah is she's just not that natural with the cooking and lifestyle segments, though she's much better than Ann was at that type stuff.  Ann seemed like she was attending a wake every day when she was co-host.

• Love 1

Take Savannah out of the morass of Today and put her back on MSNBC with Chuck doing politics like she used to do--she just gained 50 IQ points!

Agreed. I can barely listen to her as she attempts to do small talk during Today's Take (or whatever that is called). I swear my 15 yr olds can hold a more intelligent conversation!

Today's Take is the name of the third hour of Today where Al, Natalie, Willie and Tamron pretend they like each other.  You're probably thinking of roundtable thing they do during the second hour of Today where they discuss random pop culture, viral and lifestyle crap, the name of which is escaping me.

Today's Take is the name of the third hour of Today where Al, Natalie, Willie and Tamron pretend they like each other.  You're probably thinking of roundtable thing they do during the second hour of Today where they discuss random pop culture, viral and lifestyle crap, the name of which is escaping me.

Trending. As I type this I am realising how empty and desolate my life is...

• Love 2

Savannah looks terrible in those ugly, serious newscaster glasses. She is becoming more and more vapid to me. I think Natalie should be in that chair. She is much sharper. 

• Love 2

Those glasses are the worst.  The other thing that always strikes me is, after all this time, she's so uncomfortable with the camera.  She just cannot follow the red dot, and you can see her thinking about it whenever there's a toss to someone else.  

• Love 2

I think Natalie should be in that chair. She is much sharper. 

Natalie is just slightly less uptight than Ann Curry imo.  Beyond the Lauer rumors it's no surprise to me Natalie failed to get promoted higher than newsreader at Today.  It baffles me that she's now in the entertainment news business.

Savannah's all right to me.  I like her better doing politics, though, and wish she was doing Meet the Press instead of that bald jackass that currently moderates the show.

• Love 3

Those glasses are the worst.  The other thing that always strikes me is, after all this time, she's so uncomfortable with the camera.  She just cannot follow the red dot, and you can see her thinking about it whenever there's a toss to someone else.  

I used to watch her on MSNBC and she always put me off because she never looked directly at the camera....she was always at like a 89 degree angle with it. Even in photos she's slightly askew.

Has anyone else noticed how much Savannah has been working lately?  This week alone in addition to hosting the Today show every day, she anchored NBC Nightly News Wednesday through Friday and seems to have spent the entire time between Tuesday and Wednesday's Today Shows going to California to interview Priscilla Chan (She barely made it back in time Wednesday, and I think she left the show before 9am on Tuesday).  She also has anchored Nightly News a few other times recently and has been involved in NBC's political coverage, including every night at the conventions.  When does she see her family or sleep?  I don't think she has taken off even one day the entire summer either, unlike Matt, who seems to be off almost every other week.  I was thinking that maybe she is saving all of her vacation time for  maternity leave, but she probably has paid leave in her contract and can afford to take as much time off as she wants.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2016 at 8:03 AM, Dejana said:

Savannah won't be going to Rio for the Olympics because she's expecting another baby!

So happy for Savannah & now Dylan, the weather gal, is expecting a baby too!

I also wondered why Savannah is working so much?  She filled in for Lester Holt several nights while he was preparing for the debate...why dont they have one of the other reporters like Kate Snow or Kristen Welker fill in for her?

• Love 3
On 11/6/2016 at 6:03 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

I wonder if they tell her to "dumb it down" on Today.

I think it's more they asked her to be what they think is relatable to the viewers.  Assuming that the Today producers probably think most of their viewers are stupid rubes being "relatable" is as good as dumbing it down.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
18 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Again, Savannah is so sharp and holding her own on Election Night coverage with Lester, Brokaw, and Chuck.  

She used to co host a show with Chuck Todd on MSNBC. They had good chemistry.

• Love 1

I never post on the newsie forums but HAD to come here and comment that I never had a strong opinion of her, but today I have to comment that the remote access sound thingy is not doing anything kind to her voice.

Painful actually to listen to her. I am assuming since I never noticed it before, it must be the equipment ( or lack of in one's home?).

Anyone else notice this? 

YIKES!

• Love 1