Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Life's A Pitch

• Start Topic

Thoughts on David/Yolanda

Mohammed and David were/are friends.

Mohammed left Yolanda when Anwar was less than 2 years old - but she did not settle the divorce until right before marrying David in 2011.

I think Mohammed asked his buddy - go ahead and date her, convince her to marry you so that she signs the divorce papers.

I don't think David ever intended to stay married to her forever, I think he already had an end date in mind.

It's funny, they got married the same day as Kim Z & Troy

Lisa V and Mohammed are really good friends. He adores her and threw lavish parties for her. I don't remember seeing Yolanda at any of these events until Yolanda was a cast mate. I don't think YoDummy and Lisa were ever friends but they were polite and cordial to each other in public.

YoLemon wanted on the show because one she is jealous of Lisa and two she wanted to use it as a jump off for getting her own lifestyle fitness show. When that failed to come to fruition and David was doing a Kelsey Grammer (flying off to parts unknown without her) her Lyme disease came out. She used it as an excuse to fly off to the same parts of the world as David for treatment and so that he wouldn't divorce her ass.

She went from LD, to CLD, to NLD. I don't care if she goes to ABCD...LMNOP LD - I think it's a crock o shit - she's lying. Unless LD is reversed to DL for David's Leaving. Since a cow licked her, I wouldn't be surprised if she claims Mad Cow Disease next.

I think Yolanda was the mastermind of trying to take down Lisa. Yolanda asked Lisa if they were Hollywood friends or friends. She put Lisa on the spot...none of them are true friends - they are work mates that turn it up when the cameras are on. Lisa is Mohammed;s friend, not Yolanda's.

On a side note, Bunny can picture the following. David is in the studio, wearing goggles...drilling tiny holes into almonds and carefully placing xanax into each. He convinces Yolanda to eat 1 a day. After she is knocked out, David is hovering over Yolanda, with a specimen jar full of ticks and a pair of tweezers....insert Dr Evil laugh....Bwahahahahahahaha

• Love 12

What did you guys think of Lisa V flirting with the Dodgers catcher by joking that she was a sexual athlete? Do you think he thought that it was funny, that it was gross and she's a dirty old woman, or that it barely registered with him?

She's teetering on the edge of where you have to stop putting yourself out there as a sex pot. At some point, she's going to have to put away her 5 inch heels for health reasons, her spidey false eyelashes and teased hair. Else she'll start looking like Angelyne. Just better dressed and with nicer cars. Angelyne's favorite color is pink, too.

I think IRL and up close and in broad daylight, like on that ball field, and made-up for the cameras, Lisa probably looked like a fright to that ball player. Her jokes probably amused him in that semi-amused/horrified way.

• Love 7

I finally watched this week's episode tonight but I still haven't read through this thread so I'll keep my comments brief (for now).

It was a pretty boring episode but the HW's season opener is usually uneventful.  The only part of the episode I enjoyed was watching LisaV prepare for and then throw out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium.   It might be because I haven't seen the BH crowd in a while but LisaV seemed to be exaggerating her "English accent" a bit.

One thing I did notice that I thought was interesting and that was seeing Harry Hamlin drinking a beer.  Didn't he swear off alcohol last season?

I am thinking Lisar misspoke by using the term sober.   Nowadays sober means zero use of alcohol or drugs.  Sober use to just mean not affected by drink.  So one could be sober and have what use to be known as social drinking.  Perhaps he use to drink/drug to a point where he was drunk.  My 85 year old father has had a single beer every night before dinner, on holidays he has a glass of wine with dinner.  I consider him to be sober. 

• Love 3

Now we know there was something else going on with Yolanda aside from the Lyme disease.  She must have known that her Hollywood marriage was falling apart.

I also suspect that Ken and Lisa always knew the truth.  Thus, the turning on the Vander Pumps.

• Love 5

I don't think anyone knew about the divorce but I doubt they were surprised.  It strikes me that Yolanda would keep that very tight to her chest.  And they don't socialize with her outside of the filming as far as I know.  

• Love 3

After Ken greeted Yo at Lisar's dinner, they exchanged a few words and he says something to the effect of "That's what I like to see--positivity." Instead of Yo saying "thank you" or "I'm doing my best" she says, "Well, I don't have a choice." It was so eyerolly to me. Between that statement, the no makeup (which I agree was 100% a calculated move) and being dressed down for the dinner--I think we're going to be treated to a whole season of Woe is Me Yolanda.

• Love 11

I don't think anyone knew about the divorce but I doubt they were surprised.  It strikes me that Yolanda would keep that very tight to her chest.  And they don't socialize with her outside of the filming as far as I know.  

They would/could know from Mohammed, who would know from the kids and from Yolanda/David, that not all was well. They put the Malibu house on the market the first time when they joined the show, before Yolanda was diagnosed and could no longer instruct the house/ground staff on how to do their jobs.

• Love 6

After Ken greeted Yo at Lisar's dinner, they exchanged a few words and he says something to the effect of "That's what I like to see--positivity." Instead of Yo saying "thank you" or "I'm doing my best" she says, "Well, I don't have a choice." It was so eyerolly to me. Between that statement, the no makeup (which I agree was 100% a calculated move) and being dressed down for the dinner--I think we're going to be treated to a whole season of Woe is Me Yolanda.

Oh yes, we will be.  She is going to get her face in that camera every chance she gets.  None of the I am too sick to go stuff.  She will take a ceremonious early exit, feeling tired and weak.   

They would/could know from Mohammed, who would know from the kids and from Yolanda/David, that not all was well. They put the Malibu house on the market the first time when they joined the show, before Yolanda was diagnosed and could no longer instruct the house/ground staff on how to do their jobs.

Good point, could be.   I would not be surprised to hear that they did not tell the kids or anyone until they lined up their ducks.  Both are sensitive to media attention and Foster has a solid reputation to guard.  I can go either way on this.  If Mohammed knew I have a hunch he would keep that to himself.  Men tend to do that in general, anyway.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Oh yes, we will be.  She is going to get her face in that camera every chance she gets.

If is turns out to be true, and I hope not, I wonder why Bravo would allow it to become a big storyline.  Coming on the heels of Brooks and all. Don't they have anything else?  Illness and addiction - I don't watch these shows for that.  Awareness is good but these storylines are becoming as stale as the breadbasket at a HW's luncheon.

C'mon Bravo, what did Harry do?

• Love 7

But they run in similar circles.  Ken and Lisa are close to Mohamed.  They had also known David Foster.  The divorce just didn't happen over night.  It had to have been building for some time.  The Vander Pumps likely knew the truth - in that the Foster's Hollywood marriage wasn't as blissful as portrayed for the cameras.

Edited by escape
  • Love 6

If is turns out to be true, and I hope not, I wonder why Bravo would allow it to become a big storyline.  Coming on the heels of Brooks and all. Don't they have anything else?  Illness and addiction - I don't watch these shows for that.  Awareness is good but these storylines are becoming as stale as the breadbasket at a HW's luncheon.

C'mon Bravo, what did Harry do?

I so agree!  I just caught up on this thread and my head is spinning with Yolanda's condition.  Enough with the heavy metals and supplements (which contain metals btw as do almonds, ironically).  I don't want this to be a theme either.  Kim dominated last season, I want to see plot lines involving all of them not the designated victim of a condition.  Oy.  Onward.  

• Love 6

I have only one comment on Yolanda.  Not wearing make up was a calculated choice.  Everyone knew that but did not dare utter those words.  

But she *IS* wearing make-up.  Was it only the reporter who said she wasn't?  I think not wearing make-up to Rinna's birthday dinna was a calculated choice.

Foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner - (brown on upper lids, white on inner lower), blush, lipstick, highlighter, brow powder, really good concealer, probably a powder and a finishing spray for that glow.  Her make-up person did a great job.  I learned that trick long ago about the whitish or apricot liner on the inside lower lash line with no mascara on the lowers.  Opens and brightens and somehow makes my dark circles less noticeable. I think she looks older than her age but good for her for knocking off the botox and filler.  She looks great.

But she *IS* wearing make-up.  Was it only the reporter who said she wasn't?  I think not wearing make-up to Rinna's birthday dinna was a calculated choice.

Foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner - (brown on upper lids, white on inner lower), blush, lipstick, highlighter, brow powder, really good concealer, probably a powder and a finishing spray for that glow.  Her make-up person did a great job.  I learned that trick long ago about the whitish or apricot liner on the inside lower lash line with no mascara on the lowers.  Opens and brightens and somehow makes my dark circles less noticeable. I think she looks older than her age but good for her for knocking off the botox and filler.  She looks great.

Did we watch the same show?  At the dinner table at Rinna's bday party, Yo was not wearing make up.  That is what I posted about.    And what reporter?

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

LOL.  Sorry, my bad.  I've been on Yolanda's thread this afternoon where we're talking about the pictures from the premiere.  I must've wandered into this thread by accident. One of the reporters at the premiere said that she was only wearing bronzer.  Not true.

But I agree the non-wearing of makeup to Lisa's dinner was calculated.

• Love 6

LOL.  Sorry, my bad.  I've been on Yolanda's thread this afternoon where we're talking about the pictures from the premiere.  I must've wandered into this thread by accident. One of the reporters at the premiere said that she was only wearing bronzer.  Not true.

But I agree the non-wearing of makeup to Lisa's dinner was calculated.

So it is you that is the wandering crazy ass, confusing me.  Stop it.  :>)

• Love 1

So it is you that is the wandering crazy ass, confusing me.  Stop it.  :>)

That's why I'm staying home today. My crazy wandering ass is tired and confused so I'm keeping it off the streets.  I figure it's safer here on the internet.  Maybe. :-))

• Love 8

But they run in similar circles.  Ken and Lisa are close to Mohamed.  They had also known David Foster.  The divorce just didn't happen over night.  It had to have been building for some time.  The Vander Pumps likely knew the truth - in that the Foster's Hollywood marriage wasn't as blissful as portrayed for the cameras.

I think Ken, Lisa, & Mohammed knew about this long ago. Like a week after their November 2011 wedding.

David suffers from his own Chronic Malady.   M ADD - Marriage Attention Deficit Disorder.

He marries age appropriate woman to serve as hostesses and travel organizers.

While he schtupps young ingenues on his piano.

Ken throwing some British shade at Yolanda cracked me up.

I do wonder how long the divorce will take as Yolanda clung on to Mohammed for years after their separation.

• Love 7

That's why I'm staying home today. My crazy wandering ass is tired and confused so I'm keeping it off the streets.  I figure it's safer here on the internet.  Maybe. :-))

I would say so and go so far as to say, close your blinds and don't answer the door.  Criminals can sense debilitated minds and take advantage.

• Love 5

I'm sure everyone knows about the divorce. Yo moving into the condo alone... I'm guessing she's getting that in the divorce. Only 9 years, no kids, likely a pe-nup, I'm pretty sure she won't have that much to negotiate with David. It might be quick.

• Love 3

Yes, that was my reaction too.  Declaring it so publicly is completely inappropriate.  Feeling that way is one thing, but advertising it so that all of America - and her children - know about it is entirely different.  Completely unnecessary, and clearly intended to garner sympathy. 

She should be sharing that information with a friend, working through it with a therapist, etc.  Off-camera.  She doesn't seem to understand that not everything has to be put out there on national television, every IV treatment doesn't need an album of photos documenting it, and every thought doesn't have to be expressed publicly.  What she said is so intensely personal, and yes - she absolutely put something very difficult on their shoulders.  She knew very well that there were cameras present, that they were filming, and that her children would hear her say that.  IMO she's revealing herself to be exactly what a lot of us have thought all along.

But is it really that inappropriate – any more inappropriate than, say, Kyle outing Kim's alcoholism in the limo or Briana essentially calling her mother a doof at the OC reunion? ? I'm not a Yo fan but why should her actions, on a series that seems to be 30% reality, 60% contrived for drama and water-cooler chat and 10% whichever way the wind blows,  be deemed wrong for being on camera? Take Kyle and Kim (and then take a lexapro): all over this thread (not singling you out DebbieM4, just a global statement) are comments that, of course, Kyle should endlessly  talk about Kim because it's her life and this show should focus on her life and of course the pictures from Dog-Bite Hospital should have been posted because it's Kyle's life and, yes indeed, Kyle's reality and (lest I forget) Kim is an evil bloodsucking leech who doesn't appreciate her sister (no argument from me on that, btw -- Kim's blather sometimes makes me want to open a vein) and should def have images of her drunken mug plastered everywhere etc etc etc. Seems to me this correlates with Yo's insane desire to advertise her health woes: all storylines with some elements of truth and lots of hyperbole designed to generate buzz.

As for the children – O poor children! -- gotta tell ya, I find Yolanda's words and actions all terribly contrived  so yes -- maybe her kids heard that remark about suicide and Gigi fell off the runway and Belle blew another DUI and Anwar shaved his head and wept – but my guess is not one had any real issue with her comment because she let them know in advance what she'd said and not to worry because when all is said and done it's not reality -- it's her storyline.

IMO, y'all.

• Love 7

I find it kind of funny that one of the reasons that Brandi was not asked back was on account of her not having anyone left on the show who would talk to her, yet her biggest Allie, Yolanda, appears to be the biggest storyline this season.

And thank you to whomever it was above that referred to Yolanda and David's marriage a "Hollywood" marriage. I have been thinking that all week. Here she gave Lisa so much crap about whether they were "real" friends or "Hollywood" friends and the relationship she promoted the most on the show really does in hindsight seem to be one of the most shallow marriage we've viewed on this show. I think Ken kind of wandered into the territory of calling out Yolanda's marriage in the Season 4 finale, but it got lost in the b.s. "Ken put his hands on me" fiasco. I don't know if Ken & Lisa knew about the dicorce, but no way do I believe they are surprised by it either.

• Love 6

But is it really that inappropriate – any more inappropriate than, say, Kyle outing Kim's alcoholism in the limo or Briana essentially calling her mother a doof at the OC reunion? ? I'm not a Yo fan but why should her actions, on a series that seems to be 30% reality, 60% contrived for drama and water-cooler chat and 10% whichever way the wind blows,  be deemed wrong for being on camera? Take Kyle and Kim (and then take a lexapro): all over this thread (not singling you out DebbieM4, just a global statement) are comments that, of course, Kyle should endlessly  talk about Kim because it's her life and this show should focus on her life and of course the pictures from Dog-Bite Hospital should have been posted because it's Kyle's life and, yes indeed, Kyle's reality and (lest I forget) Kim is an evil bloodsucking leech who doesn't appreciate her sister (no argument from me on that, btw -- Kim's blather sometimes makes me want to open a vein) and should def have images of her drunken mug plastered everywhere etc etc etc. Seems to me this correlates with Yo's insane desire to advertise her health woes: all storylines with some elements of truth and lots of hyperbole designed to generate buzz.

As for the children – O poor children! -- gotta tell ya, I find Yolanda's words and actions all terribly contrived  so yes -- maybe her kids heard that remark about suicide and Gigi fell off the runway and Belle blew another DUI and Anwar shaved his head and wept – but my guess is not one had any real issue with her comment because she let them know in advance what she'd said and not to worry because when all is said and done it's not reality -- it's her storyline.

IMO, y'all.

You make sense here.  For my personal viewing pleasure I like the no filter approach.  Tell us everything!  Spill!  The word appropriate really has no place on this show.  LOL!  Let her rip, I say.  

• Love 6

LOL.  The imagery. The only problem I have with that whole scene is how contrived it seems.  I'm sure when Yolanda says that she would jump off the balcony if it weren't for her children, it wasn't taken in the same context by them as some took it.  They know their mother loves them. They seem very tight knit.  I'm sure they took it in the spirit she meant it, which imo, was they make her life worth living.

• Love 5

LOL.  The imagery. The only problem I have with that whole scene is how contrived it seems.  I'm sure when Yolanda says that she would jump off the balcony if it weren't for her children, it wasn't taken in the same context by them as some took it.  They know their mother loves them. They seem very tight knit.  I'm sure they took it in the spirit she meant it, which imo, was they make her life worth living.

Exactly! 

• Love 2

Ah yes, making millions is all well and good, until the IRS comes a knockin'. I think plenty here know about royalties and how they work. There have been quite a few stars who have earned millions on top of millions for their work but, they have also had financial woes due to their SPENDING ways, bad investments, etc.  Just because someone earns a lot of money, it doesn't mean they aren't spending it as fast as they earn it. Richard Carpenter? Sure the guy earns a pretty decent living from royalties, but he also isn't living life where he has to pay spousal support to four ex-wives and child support to children to those ex-wives. He lives a different kind of lifestyle than David. Anyone else remember the mess Michael Jackson found himself in due to his spending? I don't know David Foster's financial matters. I don't know how he spends his money, He might be sitting on a couple of decent bank accounts. I am also sure he covered his ass and had YoFo sign a pre-nup.

The thing about spousal support is, that is taxable income. Only child support is tax free money.

I don't see YoFo being in any financial dire straits. I do think she won't have as much at her disposal like when she was with David. They didn't have any children so, there won't be any child support. I do think Mohamed would likely be YoFo's cushion if ever she needed help.

Picked Richard Carpenter because he hasn't done anything in decades & yet he makes millions a year.   

You mention Michael Jackson. Once he was dead (which he wasn't around to create more songs or go on concert tour. Or spend money.) he received enough to bail out his estate for the loans he took out of a reported $350 million and his estate currently has a net worth reportedly of around $400 million. (His family has stated this, didn't come from an internet website.) A reportedly $750 million made in the last 6 years while he's dead. All from royalties. 

Stand even stronger by my position that the vast majority of people don't know how royalties work in their detail.  

Know most here can't stand Foster. He's a creative genius, these people to regular folks are weird. He's had 4 wives, he's got issues. He's not my ex, got enough stuff in my own life, not my business. But his personal life has nothing to do with the reality of how he makes his money which is legit and talent based.  

Ending this as most of your post is stuff that has been hashed out repeatedly. And don't want the Mod to come in and say move on.   

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 5

I don't think anyone knew about the divorce but I doubt they were surprised. It strikes me that Yolanda would keep that very tight to her chest. And they don't socialize with her outside of the filming as far as I know.

I believe Yolanda's marriage ending was pretty hard on her, almost as much as her disease symptoms. IMO her jumping off the balcony was partially said to let the audience know how truly crappy she felt physically and at the end of her marriage rope. No more rich and famous performers singing around the piano or jet setting all over even if it was looking for a cure for CLD. No more being a spokesperson for how to improve your marriage ( like on her FB page).

Did she alert the kids to her suicide talk? IMO, like some up thread posted, I believe she alerted her children along with everyone close to her including her mom, brother and Mohammed that she'd be saying it on TV.

Was it all calculated or was it half/half. Something she blurted out with emotion before she took stock of the seriousness of it's implications. A faulty brain burp once again and I doubt we're finished hearing TMI this season. I'm thinking of intestinal worms, lol.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I believe Yolanda's marriage ending was pretty hard on her, almost as much as her disease symptoms. IMO her jumping off the balcony was partially said to let the audience know how truly crappy she felt physically and at the end of her marriage rope. No more rich and famous performers singing around the piano or jet setting all over even if it was looking for a cure for CLD. No more being a spokesperson for how to improve your marriage ( like on her FB page).

Did she alert the kids to her suicide talk? IMO, like some up thread posted, I believe she alerted her children along with everyone close to her including her mom, brother and Mohammed that she'd be saying it on TV.

Was it all calculated or was it half/half. Something she blurted out with emotion before she took stock of the seriousness of it's implications. A faulty brain burp once again and I doubt we're finished hearing TMI this season. I'm thinking of intestinal worms, lol.

I could buy that what we are seeing are the spontaneous outburst of a very calculated woman. Yo is just....not easy going. Everything in her life always strikes me as strategic and planned out, but that seems to just be her nature. I remember her parties always looked beautiful, but she would run her guests around like a Drill Sargent. It's weird. For me it's hard to tell the line between Yo being purposefully manipulative and Yo just being her own natural gold digging/social climbing/self serving ass. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9

Think Yo is typical of many good looking women who are traveling through life on their looks alone. She probably doesn't need to marry money but likely that is what she'll attract.  

(That whole 'my king' thing ... my husband would tell me to knock it off. Of course I couldn't do it with a straight face. We've been married much longer than YoFo and DaFo were.) 

I remember a 30 something woman saying in a forum a few years, she didn't need a career. She was gorgeous and took care of her looks.

She was uneducated and did manage to hook herself a 1%er.  Not sure she ever had a job. Knew there were women like this, they just hadn't been so candid about it.   

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 4

Picked Richard Carpenter because he hasn't done anything in decades & yet he makes millions a year.   

Know most here can't stand Foster. He's a creative genius, these people to regular folks are weird. He's had 4 wives, he's got issues. He's not my ex, got enough stuff in my own life, not my business. But his personal life has nothing to do with the reality of how he makes his money which is legit and talent based.  

I am still in awe that Richard Carpenter makes millions a year.  I can't remember the last time I heard a Carpenters song.  Oh yeah, Christmas but they didn't write the songs.  Heck, some of their biggest hits were not even written by Richard or Karen but Bacharach, David, Paul Williams, Lennon/McCarthy. 

Foster does have talent and he is a very active producer.  I do believe he could stop working tomorrow and be cashing checks for a very long time.  I don't think exposure on RHOBH hurt him at all.  I am sure he will take an audience anywhere he can.

• Love 2

Richard still gets paid royalties for Karen singing the songs. She's dead, no heirs, he's getting her share. There are a couple layers of royalties per song. Artist, label/producer and song writer. And we are talking about the entire world paying royalties. Last I heard the Carpenters were popular NOW in Japan.  

Think about how many places you walk into that play music. If its a place that makes money, restaurants, health clubs, etc. they are suppose to be paying into funds that pay out royalties.  

You must not listen to 70's stations, my fav time for music. Prefer these to my own music collections when driving. They dig up some songs I had forgotten about, so I never know what I'll hear. If I'm in the car a few hours, I'll hear Carpenter songs 3 to 4 times a day. 

• Love 5

I did enjoy the luncheon between Kyle and Lisa V.

I miss the days they got along and goofed around.

I thought of the time they were on vacation and on the back deck of the resort. Kyle jumping over the partition...and Lisa V getting wedged in.

It was mentioned in an earlier post - Lisa V and her Spidey eyelashes. Quick someone start a Save The Daddy Long Legs campaign.

I'm waiting to see a shot of Rosita using RIT to dye some Swiffer Dusters black. Then Lisa saying...Rosita darling, are my lashes ready yet?

• Love 9

IMO, y'all.

Yes, I think it is very inappropriate.  And I wasn't comparing it to Kyle or anyone else.  Someone could be more inappropriate, but that doesn't let Yolanda off the hook.  (I also happen to think the Kyle/Kim situation is very, very different - not comparable at all.)

And I don't see any reason to believe that Yolanda gave her kids a heads-up.  Even if she did, what is this woman thinking?  Why would she plan something like that?  It's just so inappropriate on so many levels.  Clearly we disagree!

• Love 8

You make sense here.  For my personal viewing pleasure I like the no filter approach.  Tell us everything!  Spill!  The word appropriate really has no place on this show.  LOL!  Let her rip, I say.  

I agree with you in general.  But when it comes to someone's children, then I think there definitely is such a thing as inappropriate.  In real life and on TV too.

• Love 8

I agree with you in general.  But when it comes to someone's children, then I think there definitely is such a thing as inappropriate.  In real life and on TV too.

She is a good mother.  I think her kids know what she meant.  And of course there are things that would cross the line!   My words were meant to be taken lightly!   :>)

**note to self, be careful what you say with humor, it doesn't always translate well.  

• Love 7

I could buy that what we are seeing are the spontaneous outburst of a very calculated woman. Yo is just....not easy going. Everything in her life always strikes me as strategic and planned out, but that seems to just be her nature. I remember her parties always looked beautiful, but she would run her guests around like a Drill Sargent. It's weird. For me it's hard to tell the line between Yo being purposefully manipulative and Yo just being her own natural gold digging/social climbing/self serving ass.

I love this post.  All of it.  So much!!!

• Love 5

I agree with you in general. But when it comes to someone's children, then I think there definitely is such a thing as inappropriate. In real life and on TV too.

I thought of her jump-off-the-balcony comment as hyperbole.

And I am going to guess that her "kids" (16, 18 and 19) are not only able to recognize it as such but to also be, perhaps, used to Yo's sometimes overarching needs.

That meds cabinet is ludicrous.

Earth to Yo...

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7

Yes, I think it is very inappropriate.  And I wasn't comparing it to Kyle or anyone else.  

No, I know you were not hence my bolded statement.

And I don't see any reason to believe that Yolanda gave her kids a heads-up.

Fifty percent chance she did -- 50 percent chance she did not. Unless Yo is posting here we will never truly know if she gave her kids a heads up.

Even if she did, what is this woman thinking?

Story line! Social media! And people on PTV debating her intent! I think that's what she was thinking.

Clearly we disagree!

Ja but think how frightfully dull this place would be if we all thought the same thing.

• Love 5

I thought of her jump-off-the-balcony comment as hyperbole.

And I am going to guess that her "kids" (16, 18 and 19) are not only able to recognize it as such but to also be, perhaps, used to Yo's sometimes overarching needs.

That meds cabinet is ludicrous. 

Earth to Yo...

I agree.  Hyperbole.  And yes, I'm sure her kids are used to her.  She's a very manipulative person, IMO.  But I still think it was inappropriate.

And yes, her meds cabinet is beyond ridiculous.

On another note, I'm sure her marriage was over a long time ago.  And I doubt anyone was surprised. 

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10

No, I know you were not hence my bolded statement.

I understood what you meant.  My point, though, was that I don't see Kyle/Kim as comparable to the Yolanda/kids situation.  And even if I did, I certainly don't think that anyone should be off the hook just because someone else does something awful too.

I'm so sick of Yolanda!  LOL!  And there's only been one episode so far.  She wears thin with me very quickly.  I guess I have had a low tolerance for her from the beginning.  But Brandi is gone (sort-of), and that IMO is major reason to celebrate!!!   Here's to agreeing to disagree and lots of fun snarking!

• Love 4

Living close to Richard's home town, it is common knowledge that he continues to work and does a lot of Carpenter-related events. Just because the events are not on the scale of David Foster, it doesn't mean the man isn't still out there working.

Yes, my referencing Michael Jackson was to point out how his spending ways caused him financial dire straits. Basically, his death meant no more spending, which allowed his estate to recover financially. I have no clue how Foster lives or what he spends his money on. Just pointing out that no one can possibly know what David Foster's bank accounts hold or how much he spends.

As for the hate towards Foster, I can speak for myself. I don't like nor hate the guy. I just know that his track record regarding marriages speaks volumes about him and if Yolanda being sick is too much for him to handle, then she is better off without him.

YoFo's crazy talk about suicide and other comments, could it be her mental health is not up to par? Something has to be off with her. Seeing all that medication at her disposal is questionable.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

This is what I was thinking as well. For the past 3 seasons she's been perfectly fine filming and traveling with her King. Then come reunion time she would deflect all her bad behavior on Lyme brain. She's been using this as a get out of jail free card against any criticism of her antics and Brandi bonding. I'm not forgetting that shit. She can fake cough and be hooked up to an IV drip all she wants. I'm not buying it. She even said people in her own family didn't believe her.

Thank you!

I agree *with the exception of the statement about her family*.

Edited by BookElitist

Regarding Yo stating that she wants to kill herself and only her kids are preventing her, I must chime in. My mother would say that to us since childhood. (She isn't very stable, growing up was rough). Hearing that, believe me, does not make one feel comfort. You become responsible for keeping your mother alive, a terrible burden for a child of any age. Children should not have to wonder if their mother will die/ disappear that day, or if you mess up in any way, that will cause them to go off the edge. In my opinion Yolanda said a terrible thing, a massively selfish thing, to get attention, with no regard to the trauma it would cause her kids. I speak from experience.

Edited by ElderPrice
  • Love 14

Regarding Yo stating that she wants to kill herself and only her kids are preventing her, I must chime in. My mother would say that to us since childhood. (She isn't very stable, growing up was rough). Hearing that, believe me, does not make one feel comfort. You become responsible for keeping your mother alive, a terrible burden for a child of any age. Children should not have to wonder if their mother will die/ disappear that day, or if you mess up in any way, that will cause them to go off the edge. In my opinion Yolanda said a terrible thing, a massively selfish thing, to get attention, with no regard to the trauma it would cause her kids. I speak from experience.

I'm sorry for your experience. 

The difference I believe, though, is that Yo's kids don't seem to have always been subject to her telling them she wanted to kill herself.  Looks to me that they grew up in a stable, extended family environment with lots of love to go around.

My mother was once very ill.  And she said to us, while unable to completely care for herself, "If it weren't for you kids, I don't know what I would do."  This is in the same vein as what I heard Yolanda say.  Or at least in the same context.  That we made her life worth living and easier.

I took that as a gift from her - that we were able to be something for her that she had always been for us. My mom has recovered, but even if she had said, in all her pain back then, "I would jump off a bridge if it weren't for you kids", there is such a history of love here that I wouldn't have ever considered it a terrible or traumatic thing to say.  Now Yo's 3 kids might feel differently but they seem to have been raised with lots of love, too.  Just with a WHOLE lot more money.  A whole lot more.

Again, I'm not negating your experience at all and I'm sorry you had to hear that as a child.  Or ever. :-(

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

I agree with you here. I overheard my mother saying something (sort of) similar to this about 15 years ago and it's a wound that took a long time to heal. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

On the other hand, my partner's mother committed suicide when we were in college together. Waking up at 2am to knocks on your door to find a policeman with his hat in his hands. Did she not love him enough to stay alive for him?

My grandmother two years ago chose to end her life, under a weird set of circumstances we knew a few hours in advance that it was going to happen. I drove up to see her and she refused. Were her children not worth living for?

When I was majorly depressed and suicidal (turned out to be a thyroid disease) I didn't kill myself because of my mother. Did I tell her that? Or anyone that would tell her? Hell no. That is not comforting at all. That's a burden, and its scary.

I don't know I find the whole thing to be disgusting. You should never make your children feel like they're causing you to live a life full of pain and misery. That carries so much baggage.  Ugh, I find the whole thing so deplorable I can't even think about it anymore. To me its worse than the Giudice's committing fraud. (I know some of you don't understand why I feel this way, I get it.)

If Yo had empathy and compassion she wouldn't have said what she did. Instead, it looks like shes vying from sympathy from her children despite the effect it will have on them mentally.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 11

I am still in awe that Richard Carpenter makes millions a year.  I can't remember the last time I heard a Carpenters song.  Oh yeah, Christmas but they didn't write the songs.  Heck, some of their biggest hits were not even written by Richard or Karen but Bacharach, David, Paul Williams, Lennon/McCarthy. 

Foster does have talent and he is a very active producer.  I do believe he could stop working tomorrow and be cashing checks for a very long time.  I don't think exposure on RHOBH hurt him at all.  I am sure he will take an audience anywhere he can.

Part of Carpenter's millions also comes from investments. When they first started earning money they invested in real estate.  If you drive through Downey, California where they grew up you can still see the very first apartments they bought and named "Close To You" and "Only Just Begun" . Carpenter doesn't own them anymore.

It's amazing how one bit of inspiration in any field can lead to results that continue to benefit one through out and beyond their life.

edited for correction

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

David would have a steady income from music royalties, plus a ton already accrued.

Yolanda and Mohamed's divorce settlement gave her "ownership of the Santa Barbara mansion, a $6 million dollar Malibu property, an Arabian horse, sole ownership of Hadid Interiors, several bank accounts, a Range Rover and an Escalade.

Yolanda also received a one-time cash payment of $3.6 million dollars and receives $30,000 a month in child support for the three children they had together: Jelena, Isabella and Anwar." Lisa Rinna looks about half as wide as former models Eileen and Yolanda. I can only imagine what she looks like in the flesh.

I don't think Lisa r is the least bit attractive; I have always thought Kyle to be the most attractive of the whole bunch of wives from all franchises. Lisa R has had a few too many lip plumpings, imo.

Living close to Richard's home town, it is common knowledge that he continues to work and does a lot of Carpenter-related events. Just because the events are not on the scale of David Foster, it doesn't mean the man isn't still out there working.

Yes, my referencing Michael Jackson was to point out how his spending ways caused him financial dire straits. Basically, his death meant no more spending, which allowed his estate to recover financially. I have no clue how Foster lives or what he spends his money on. Just pointing out that no one can possibly know what David Foster's bank accounts hold or how much he spends.

As for the hate towards Foster, I can speak for myself. I don't like nor hate the guy. I just know that his track record regarding marriages speaks volumes about him and if Yolanda being sick is too much for him to handle, then she is better off without him.

YoFo's crazy talk about suicide and other comments, could it be her mental health is not up to par? Something has to be off with her. Seeing all that medication at her disposal is questionable.

oh, I definitely think this woman has quite an assortment of mental health

Problems

• Love 2

I think Yolanda may be expressing some of her sadness about her marriage in her symptoms, but I do think she is ill and sadly did not get a lot of support from her husband. I think if David had got sick Yolanda would have been there for him. Super sad. I'll be interested in seeing David and Yolanda on this season. I really was shocked when I heard they were divorcing. But I didn't really ever see him as that interested in her. He was impatient around her friends and hardly exuded love. But I chalked it up to the fact that Yolanda was SO in love, that it would be easy for David's gestures to look small. I wonder if David or Yolanda will get married again? I hope Yolanda meets a very nice man who is loving to her. 

Anyway, agree that Yolanda and David are not hurting for money. But her treatments have got to be a small fortune. Who pays for that? How? I just have no idea how the richest people live. It's just fascinating to me to have that much money. 

I don't have a problem with Kyle in general, but I don't think she has been supportive of Kim at all. Whenever she has talked to Kim about anything, she has always been exasperated, angry, or crying about anything that Kim has suggested. I still believe that Kyle does not have patience for anyone that is not 100% put together and perfect. That said, I have a lot of respect for Kyle. She is truly beautiful, she has a gorgeous and loving family, and her kids are super sweet and poised. They aren't the "white trash with money" kids, like the ones from OC over the years. Actually, all the BH kids seem very well mannered and self-disciplined. Do you learn that in boarding school? 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2