Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E26: Things To Do On A Rainy Day

• Start Topic

Best line in the episode when I saw it "Zuckerman moonlighting?" And "I am a human male" "Well Brenda will be happy about that" and "She'll probably write a 4 part special"

Ahhh Andrea not taking the hint. Also she answered someone else's door. Who does that? I mean Andrea if you didn't call and you waltzed to the Walsh house and no one was there....what would you do?

Stripper thing? Kind of is a guy's rite of passage along with Vegas.

David was pretty smart this episode. Kind of funny that when he and Brenda were bickering they were like some weird married couple. Liked their chemistry more than Tori and Brian but whatever.

Kelly being meta. Kelly had a lot of great lines this episode.

But Andrea was lame this episode.

Twas a classic episode with horrible music.

• Love 2

I know that Donna's hot pants are the famous outfit from this episode, but I have always remembered and appreciated Kelly's floral dress and over the shoulder bag. Who would have thought, when this show started, that Kelly Taylor would be the one to wear the most Angela Chase-like outfit? (granted, that would take the prescience to pre-imaged MSCL.) I mean, dye her hair not-red-it's-crimson-glow and your three-quarters of the way there. (Granted, that floral is very Sharon Chersky.)

And, even with the scrunch socks, I think it's a cute outfit.

• Love 5

I agree, I really like Kelly's dress in this episode. But the scrunch socks and chunky shoes are too much. I know that was the look at the time, but she really needed some sheer hose and ballet flats to keep her legs from looking so stumpy. But that dress was so hip at the time, and it also makes her look young. I feel like a lot of the time they dress the kids too old.

• Love 2

About this time I had a very favourite skirt that is sadly close to Donna's shorts here - purple and black diamonds and super (but not butt-cheek revealingly) short. It was suede, and the most expensive item of clothing I had ever bought (until I got a long black velvet overcoat, anyway...). Usually worn with opaque tights full of holes and army boots. Sadly I can not find any photos...

• Love 1

I actually went to Hancock Shaker Village in Western Massachusetts (a museum, not an active community) and a guy there explained that the Shakers were basically a Protestant monastic sect, which I thought was really interesting! They were famous for their furniture and baskets the same way, like, Belgian monks are famous for their beer.

So I have actually been to and enjoyed a (short) lecture about the Shakers and I still thought Jim and Cindy's Shaker date sounded terrible!

• Love 2

Great podcast guys. Also, I think last week you said it was Tara's birthday this week so happy birthday Tara!

Kelly was a good MVP of this episode. I also thought David did good boyfriending other than not being able to read Donna's emotions until she was flat out crying. He worked really hard to make sure she was having a good time and be there for her.

Oh Color Me Badd talking about the price of fame. How awkward.

• Love 2

Those raisin people have an excellent sense of humour. OFFICIAL FRUIT for the win. 

(I don't like raisins on their own. I accept them as an ingredient in certain dishes.)

Also, seconding the birthday wishes to Tara. In your "honour" I conquered the world in a game of Civilization 4 (remember that game? ask your parents) when I should have been working on my thesis. While listening to Again with This. #ÜberNerdingout.  

Edited by kite-wombat
  • Love 2

The band isn't cute at all

They were, for like 2 minutes in the early 90s.

Of course, a year later Donna was into Jeremy Jordan. I can't find the clip on Youtube, but Donna assures us all he was rad. Or something.

Edited by AndySmith

They were, for like 2 minutes in the early 90s.

Of course, a year later Donna was into Jeremy Jordan. I can't find the clip on Youtube, but Donna assures us all he was rad. Or something.

"Jeremy Jordan, all right!"

And now that's stuck in my mind. Great...

• Love 1

I assumed that Goodie and Cotton Walsh were all "Shaker-Fest 1992!" as a cover for a trip to a sex club. That would also explain why Cotton was all "wait two years" to Brandon.

So they could go to sex clubs together. As a family. As you do.

• Love 2

Kelly has the best lines/role for this episode.  Also, I wonder about the licensing for Color Me Badd.  It also makes me wonder about the Peach Pit After Dark episodes....will wild orchid (see Fergie) or monica or whomever get to sing their own songs?

After two truly terribly episodes, this one provided some comic relief and Kelly snark we needed.

Why didn't "I wanna sex you up?" not make it into the episode?  Or did it?  It would have made great music for Felice.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater

If I'm not mistaken -- and since this was basically my uniform in high school in the early '90s, minus real Docs, cause I couldn't afford them, I don't think I am -- that's a detachable dress suspender clip on the back of Garth's baby doll ensemble. Those friggin' things were always coming unsnapped and flying off at the most embarrassing moments. No one who wore one of those dresses didn't have to fish on out of a public toilet because it sprung off when you stood up (or not, your choice just to abandon them; but then you're wearing a flour sack) at least once. By the way, what was up with the idea of needing/wanting to be stick then and then draping yourself with so much fabric Honey Boo and her entire family could be easily outfitted? Why '90s? Why?!?!?

• Love 3
On 12/1/2015 at 1:31 PM, Hollysdower said:

For anyone who doesn't know about The Shakers, they were a sect who took "no sex without marriage" one step further: no sex at all. So, they died out. Their biggest contribution to society is this hymn, which Jim and Cindy sang a bit of.

The Shakers were so cool! I love their plain, austere aesthetic and would totally go to a lecture about them.

On 12/1/2015 at 6:58 PM, kite-wombat said:

I know that Donna's hot pants are the famous outfit from this episode, but I have always remembered and appreciated Kelly's floral dress and over the shoulder bag. Who would have thought, when this show started, that Kelly Taylor would be the one to wear the most Angela Chase-like outfit? (granted, that would take the prescience to pre-imaged MSCL.) I mean, dye her hair not-red-it's-crimson-glow and your three-quarters of the way there. (Granted, that floral is very Sharon Chersky.)

And, even with the scrunch socks, I think it's a cute outfit.

Scrunch sox rock 🙂

HOW STUPID IS FELICE to make out in the hallway when she knows her daughter is at the hotel? And gaslighting her afterwards? Cindy's talk with Donna was sweet but Felice is an idiot.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 10/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, CeeBeeGee said:

HOW STUPID IS FELICE to make out in the hallway when she knows her daughter is at the hotel? And gaslighting her afterwards? Cindy's talk with Donna was sweet but Felice is an idiot.

That bit where she angrily confronts Donna because she thinks she's caught her and David post-coital when SHE is the one who's just finished fucking someone else is infuriating. Bitch, not only have they NOT slept together, even if they had, THEY'RE in a legitimate relationship, not cheating on/with anybody.

Ohnndrea showing up at Brandon's uninvited and unannounced is incredibly rude, I don't care how happy and cheerful she was. Did it ever occur to you that Brandon doesn't want to work on the paper and would rather hang out with his other friends?

And WTF was with Jim having zero reaction to the news that his underage son and his equally underage friends had a stripper over? (If I'm wrong about the ages, my bad, but he still should be angry, not laughing about it)

Edited by Dr.OO7
  • Love 2

I get the feeling Jim was always living vicariously through Brandon, so that's probably why he wasn't mad at all about the stripper (or any of Brandon's other shenanigans).

• Love 6
On 6/29/2021 at 6:02 PM, Dr.OO7 said:

And WTF was with Jim having zero reaction to the news that his underage son and his equally underage friends had a stripper over? (If I'm wrong about the ages, my bad, but he still should be angry, not laughing about it)

17 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I get the feeling Jim was always living vicariously through Brandon, so that's probably why he wasn't mad at all about the stripper (or any of Brandon's other shenanigans).

I agree with @Hiyo that Jim lived vicariously through Brandon. But I also this think this scenario suffered from "rules according to tv" where by teenage characters are treated like adults so they have more to do, and in the 90s before wide spread internet, camera phones etc there was less diligence about these things. No adult performer now would dare not do an ID check or let ANYONE under 18 be on the premises (even a baby) because of their liability for exposing a minor to sexual images and the criminal penalties that came along with that.