Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

i was just reading about amber rose/kanye at tmz (i know, i know) and in the article they refer to her saying something about MUVA.

does anyone at all know what that means? i sure don't..

It means "mother".

• Love 1

Iowa isn't as important as they make it out to be. Many winners there don't go on to get the nomination.

I'm not defending Trump, rather bashing the State and politics.

i love to bash trump and i'm a canadian...

lol  i really don't care about iowa either but trumped bragged so much about how he was going to be the #WINNER i just love that he didn't and now, like he loves to call others, he is the LOSER..

• Love 5

I have a four hour training tomorrow at the physiotherapy place, and then a seven hour shift at the fundraising place. And I'm so nervous!

I'm going to be juggling both jobs for the first month because the fundraising place insists I work 21 hours a week, minimum, and I don't want to let go of it in case the other job doesn't work out during the one month probationary period. However, that means I will be working 46 hours a week and I fear I may die, lol.

And I have to get used to going to bed early again, I've been averaging 3 am bedtimes and waking up at 11 am. I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep tonight, lol.

• Love 7
And I have to get used to going to bed early again, I've been averaging 3 am bedtimes and waking up at 11 am. I don't know how I'm going to fall asleep tonight, lol.

Now jewel, you know a few minutes of SHOW will have you drifting off to the land of nod in record time.  Pratt + Y&R = non-habit forming ambien haze. 

Wishing you much success with your new endeavour.

• Love 9

I have a four hour training tomorrow at the physiotherapy place, and then a seven hour shift at the fundraising place. And I'm so nervous!

I'm going to be juggling both jobs for the first month because the fundraising place insists I work 21 hours a week, minimum, and I don't want to let go of it in case the other job doesn't work out during the one month probationary period. However, that means I will be working 46 hours a week and I fear I may die, lol.

GOOD LUCK!!! And I hope especially that the people treat you right. We'll be waiting to hear how it goes!

• Love 9

Don't over do it! Plus besides the work hours which is a lot there's the commute time and prep time.

Not long ago I worked 3 jobs. I worked in grooming, circulation dept at my library, and at a concert venue as a greeter. And in some ways it's nice since one is busy, but its kinda shitty too. It becomes a grind. I was good at handling it and was a good student years ago so I wonder if I missed my calling not going to med school.

Since I mentioned my bites up thread I wanted to mentioned I got a new job. My boss was HORRIBLE and very crazy. Like come into work when she's scheduled off to follow me and stare at me and make weird comments and white glove my cleaning crazy. I'm looking forward to being away from her and not working around dogs as much (it's not a grooming job). I start soon.

• Love 9

i just watched the best pepsi commercial ever on my facebook page.

it was a full music video with britanny, beyonce and pink dressed as gladiators in the coloseum with all the extra's dressed in roman togas and such.

the song was "we will rock you" by queen..

• Love 3

Ok, now I feel stupid for not knowing the difference between a lamb and a goat. I'll use my bad eyes as an excuse, since I just picked up my new glasses today. My new glasses with progressive lenses, which means I am officially old.

Lamb, goat...cuteness all the same!

• Love 6

Ok, now I feel stupid for not knowing the difference between a lamb and a goat. I'll use my bad eyes as an excuse, since I just picked up my new glasses today. My new glasses with progressive lenses, which means I am officially old.

Lamb, goat...cuteness all the same!

If it helps, I thought they were goats too :)
  • Love 3

Hello Preverts, I just want to introduce myself.  I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.  Was raised on soaps and Y&R is currently my fave, with DOOL a close second.  I love reading all of your insightful and hilarious posts.  I hope you will welcome me into  your community.  Thank you.

• Love 10

I hope you will welcome me into  your community.  Thank you.

How many walkers have you taken down?   Same with breathers,  how many --  and why?   Do you have snacks?

j/k of course. 

Welcome.  Help yourself to the courtesy bar where you'll find the Grey Goose, Guiness, laudanum, absinthe, and an always freshly steeping pot of the finest assam tea.

• Love 7

How many walkers have you taken down?   Same with breathers,  how many --  and why?   Do you have snacks?

j/k of course. 

Welcome.  Help yourself to the courtesy bar where you'll find the Grey Goose, Guiness, laudanum, absinthe, and an always freshly steeping pot of the finest assam tea.

I for one am partial to home made chocolate chip cookies.

Oh and make sure you have your curlers rolled extra tight, your quilted house coat tightly belted and your Bon Bons at hand.

• Love 7

I for one am partial to home made chocolate chip cookies.

Oh and make sure you have your curlers rolled extra tight, your quilted house coat tightly belted and your Bon Bons at hand.

i don't like belts, so my housecoat has a full zip front...

carry on, just going to get another box of bon bons.

• Love 5

Lol. Thank you for the warm welcome!  I've taken down more walkers than I can count and a few breathers, because, you know, reasons.  I am a drinker thanks to the terrible state of my "stories" and I'm happy to share a nice bottle of Cabernet.  Well, an extra one. I joined the WST wine club!

• Love 6
(edited)

Lol. Thank you for the warm welcome!  I've taken down more walkers than I can count and a few breathers, because, you know, reasons.  I am a drinker thanks to the terrible state of my "stories" and I'm happy to share a nice bottle of Cabernet.  Well, an extra one. I joined the WST wine club!

Thank God you drink - I'm sure we must have some preverts who don't drink, but I don't know how they exist.  I am an x-preacher's daughter, (fundamentalist) and this is the point MAB, JFP, and Chuckles have brought me to. I prefer Grey Goose, but don't mind Frozen Margaritas and good Rummmmm drinks.  I do drink wine, but my sister has spoiled me to the good stuff, and it wipes me out.  Hell of a party going on here, in spite of, or because of, the crappy show.

Edited to add commas, but I think there are too many now - must not type and drink. 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 7

Yes, welcome!

As another Y&R/DOOL split partisan, you're in good company here. Wine-wise we won't be competing, since it's my sworn mission to empty out Australia of cheap [$10.00CDN] white. This a really enjoyable group of people--please do post!

• Love 5
(edited)

How many walkers have you taken down? Same with breathers, how many -- and why?

This cracked me up, because it's what I now say to myself every time I meet somebody new.

I'll actually say it out loud if I suspect the person I'm meeting has a sense of humor.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Jewel that schedule sounds grueling especially when you factor in the commute times.

I started my new job as well and already got my first review (its been 3 week? LOL). It was ok some good comments and some criticism.

I like job but sometimes my new supervisor can be snippy or dour. The work is interesting because there's a lot of responsibility and autonomy.

• Love 6

I feel your angst about fundraising jewel21!  I hate making phone calls and bugging people for any reason but asking for money has to top the list!  

Back when I was an office manager, I had to call our dead beat non-payers and try to get them to pay their invoices.  I loved it.  But, then again, I'm a bitch.

• Love 9

Yea I wouldn't like that at all.

I am good at phone sales & face to face sales tho. I even cold called and had a huge number of closing or appointments, I also worked straight commission sales.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yea I wouldn't like that at all.

I am good at phone sales & face to face sales tho. I even cold called and had a huge number of closing or appointments, I also worked straight commission sales.

Those are excellent skills to have.  I liked sales too, but I can't sell anything I don't believe in.  I sold water beds in Hawaii one year and I think I sold, like two.  Straight commission, too.  I just couldn't sell to these little E3's who I knew could not afford it.  Good thing I was living with my BF or I would have starved.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 5

I have issues being pushy and asking people for money especially when I know they're also struggling financially or on a fixed income. The coaches tell me to think of the cause not to feel sorry for the people on the phone but I can't help it. I can't wait to be done with it.

• Love 7