Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Oh, how I love a bad film before dinner.

I'm saving this one, glow, if you don't mind! Great phrase!

I do some of my best crap-watching on a weekend, once I give up on whatever work I should be doing...lately I've enjoyed a few Nazi-era ladeeez movies...

• Love 1

Yesterday I watched a bad (in the best way) flick from 1972 called Tower Of Evil. Terrible special effects, hilarious script. At one point zip is used in place of fuck. "Yeah, zip me. Zip me, baby, zip me." Oh, how I love a bad film before dinner.

Lulz!  That's zippin' hilarious!

• Love 2

Watching One Step Beyond marathon on COZI. This was little known - but I liked it as much as Twilight Zone.  

Young bride has hysterical dreams of drowning in cold inky black sea. Groom has surprise tickets for....the Titanic. Also there is a book in library that spells out almost the exact story - written years before.

or "the chandelier fell on Lisa" one... 

• Love 5

i was wondering if anyone else got this too.

at a different board i post at, i noticed that when i post things about herb (have to call her sage there) or about criminals serving time or not etc, then the banner ads at the top of the page are all about accounting software (sage. formerly known as simply accounting) or about having my criminal records pardoned etc. etc...

i actually find it quite funny.  good ole big brother, keeping an eye on us.

• Love 5

Thanks guys! Just went ahead and downloaded Adblock Plus. I held off on that because some know-it-all told me it would cause all kinds of problems with certain sites, but whatthefuckever. My Gawker and PTV experience just got way better, and those are the only sites I care about. :)

• Love 3

I usually get ads for things that I've recently Googled, or searched on Amazon or eBay :D I generally access this site on my iPad using Safari, and I don't think there's an AdBlock for that. I do use AdBlock on my desktop, though.

• Love 3

Well, it's official, I'm in Hell.  Hallmark has started their eleventy one billion days of Christmas.  I wouldn't care, but my husband totally, absolutely lurves this shit.  He watches it every chance he gets.  To quote the inimitable Roseanne, "it's beginning to look a lot like crap."

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7

Well, it's official, I'm in Hell.  Hallmark has started their eleventy one billion days of Christmas.  I wouldn't care, but my husband totally, absolutely lurves this shit.  He watches it every chance he gets.  To quote the inimitable Roseanne, "it's beginning to look a lot like crap."

Oh god. I can't breathe...

We enjoy those Hallmark holiday movies, but by "enjoy" I mean drink wine and laugh our cynical asses off. There was one about a blizzard and a widow in a house on the side of a mountain and a city slicker got in a car accident and had to stay at her place. A sheep gave birth. There was a helicopter involved. It was glorious.

• Love 6

We enjoy those Hallmark holiday movies, but by "enjoy" I mean drink wine and laugh our cynical asses off.

My son and I do that, but my husband takes it fairly seriously.  Have you seen the one with Jay Mohr?  I think it's called Holiday Do-over.  Anyway, Mohr plays the ex husband who is trying to get back with his wife, but she has moved on with a really nice guy.  We apparently are supposed to hate the new guy and root for Jay because he's such a lovable fuck-up.   It stinks on ice.

• Love 4

I'll look for that one! Does your husband get annoyed when you heckle his Hallmark movies, or does he tune you out?

A little from column A, a little from column B.  I think he does get annoyed that I'm not treating this junk with the reverence it "deserves".  I don't know why he likes it so much.  I mean we still have our Halloween (my favorite holiday) decorations up FFS and here he is watching this saccharine garbage like it's the greatest thing ever.  As the weeks go on I will be surprised if I don't start considering homicide.  Don't get me wrong, I think Christmas is great, but taking a pile of shit and throwing Christmas on it doesn't make it not a pile of shit.

• Love 5

I refuse to consider Christmas until we've had Thanksgiving. To prove how serious I am about that, I recorded A Walton Family Thanksgiving and I intend to watch it. Drunk.

Oh dear lord, I was forced to watch A Walton Thanksgiving Reunion yesterday.  The one where President Kennedy dies.  I wasn't nearly drunk enough.

• Love 3

I hate that Thanksgiving always gets forgotten.  It's my favorite holiday because there's not the candy, costumes, and parties of Halloween, and not all the gift buying of Christmas.  Just a nice time to get the family together for dinner, and nothing extra.  It always seems calming to me in the midst of all the other hysteria of the season.  JMO  

Edited to say I've been on a sulking sabbatical, but have been reading.  Love this board.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 8

peacheslatour, No spoilers, please! I don't want to know in advance if Erin Walton was the extra shooter on the grassy knoll. I'm kinda hoping, though. Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.

movinon, Has Pratt got you sulking, too? I'm ready to throw in the towel again. :(

• Love 4

I hate that Thanksgiving always gets forgotten.  It's my favorite holiday because there's not the candy, costumes, and parties of Halloween, and not all the gift buying of Christmas.  Just a nice time to get the family together for dinner, and nothing extra.  It always seems calming to me in the midst of all the other hysteria of the season.  JMO  

Edited to say I've been on a sulking sabbatical, but have been reading.  Love this board.

ITA about Thanksgiving.  It's a relaxing, no-stress holiday that gets overlooked way too much.  Family, good food and a four day weekend!  What's not to love?

• Love 4

And the Christmas movies have started!  

Started?  In what Hallmark Channel-free world do you reside?  My husband, blessings-be-upon him, has been bombarding me with this crap since Halloween.  I may next be posting from prison, if they'll give me internet access.  If not, TELL MY STORY TO THE WORLD!

• Love 5

My fav Christmas movie had MM in - he played a rich business man who planned to marry the heroine and travel the world. She returns reluctantly to her home  town for the holidays and ---surprise, she falls for her old BF and the kitsch --- OK, but then she attacks her fiancé  as the villain. The bastard...wanting to give her the world... that she wanted a week before. I was sitting there shouting "Run Guy...run far from this crazy bint,"

• Love 2

crowswork, was it Correcting Christmas? The blurb has me in stitches:

A woman travels back one year in time to the Christmas before her broken engagement and tries to repair what went went wrong. She discovers that this is a challenging undertaking.

One would imagine that time travel is a bit challenging...

• Love 3

ITA about Thanksgiving.  It's a relaxing, no-stress holiday that gets overlooked way too much.  Family, good food and a four day weekend!  What's not to love?

Unfortunately, some people get super stressed at Thanksgiving about making the perfect meal.  As far as I'm concerned, give me turkey, give me mashed potatoes, I'm good!

• Love 6

Hi guys!

I'm new to posting but not to the forum. I've been stalking lurking here since TWOP shut down. I was a lurker there as well. I've been watching this show on and off since I was a baby. My mom used to watch it after she had me so I definitely grew up with Y&R, and have been regularly watching since Patty first came to town and Colleen died. 

I'm not quite sure what else to say... I'm Canadian, currently unemployed (not by choice, still bitter), and I'm the proud parent of an adorable cockatiel named Steve McQueen, heh.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! And now I'm going to go hide again, because all you fabulous witty people are seriously intimidating ;-)

• Love 13

Cockatiels have so much attitude it's insane! They're always kind of grumpy, yet we love them anyway, haha.

I used to work in a bird hospital, and every cockatiel I met was grumpy and full of 'tude and I found it hilarious.

My bird is actually on TV right now. He was sick and a French TV station filmed his surgery for a French Veterinary show. It's been airing on TV this week and is available on their website for one week only. It's kind of cool, Steve McQueen the cockatiel is on TV just like his namesake, heh.

• Love 7

Cockatiels have so much attitude it's insane! They're always kind of grumpy, yet we love them anyway, haha.

I used to work in a bird hospital, and every cockatiel I met was grumpy and full of 'tude and I found it hilarious.

My bird is actually on TV right now. He was sick and a French TV station filmed his surgery for a French Veterinary show. It's been airing on TV this week and is available on their website for one week only. It's kind of cool, Steve McQueen the cockatiel is on TV just like his namesake, heh.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Steve McQueen!

• Love 6

Hi guys!

I'm new to posting but not to the forum. I've been stalking lurking here since TWOP shut down. I was a lurker there as well. I've been watching this show on and off since I was a baby. My mom used to watch it after she had me so I definitely grew up with Y&R, and have been regularly watching since Patty first came to town and Colleen died. 

I'm not quite sure what else to say... I'm Canadian, currently unemployed (not by choice, still bitter), and I'm the proud parent of an adorable cockatiel named Steve McQueen, heh.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! And now I'm going to go hide again, because all you fabulous witty people are seriously intimidating ;-)

Welcome aboard this snarky little ship of preverts Jewel21! Happy to have you with us!  I loved Steve McQueen so much I named my youngest son Steve after him! How cool to have a cockatiel named after him! They are beautiful birds. Don't hide from us as we love all the different opinions on here and some one's take on a scene or subject might make us all look at it a lot differently. I hope you will post often. Most important of all is just to have fun!!

• Love 7

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, slowpokey and I love that you named your son after Steve McQueen!

So I legit had a dream about Y&R last night. It involved a court room along with Cristine, Michael, Adam, Dylan and Leslie.

It was just as boring as it sounds.

• Love 7

Hi Preverts, so glad to see you all again, I feel like I've been gone for a week.  Yesterday we had one of the worst wind storms I've ever lived through, I was waiting for a tree to fall on our house at any moment, my parents house was hit by a tree in the last storm- damages est. at $35,000.00  The power went out at noon and we didn't get it back until this morning.  Man, it was cold in here last night, I would have cheerfully killed for a fireplace.  We had Papa John's (which we have been boycotting for years) because every other fast food joint in town either didn't have power or were just closed for reasons...

It's just now warming up enough in here for me to start feeling human again, but many thousands are still without power. Oh and our neighbor with the generator ran the bloody thing all night, wow are those things loud.  Warmest wishes to MollyB and I hope the river doesn't get you!

• Love 7

It's all part of El Nino, first we had a Pineapple Express, warm and breezy and then a cold front moved into the convergent zone and we got cold and wind.  The only relief from the generator was to the benefit of the neighbors.  The WORST NEIGHBORS IN THE WORLD.  They are just evil.  They have three huge dogs that they leave out on their balcony all day long while they are not home and of course the things bark All. The. Time.  He has have loud fights with someone I presume is his son, the dude uses his leaf blower early in the morning and late at night, he has a Harley-Davidson which he never rides, he just sits on it and revs it for an hour every Sunday.  I could go on for hours.  The entire neighborhood hates them.  Well, I should say hates HIM.  You don't really ever hear a peep out of her.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4

Hi Preverts, so glad to see you all again, I feel like I've been gone for a week. Yesterday we had one of the worst wind storms I've ever lived through, I was waiting for a tree to fall on our house at any moment, my parents house was hit by a tree in the last storm- damages est. at $35,000.00 The power went out at noon and we didn't get it back until this morning. Man, it was cold in here last night, I would have cheerfully killed for a fireplace. We had Papa John's (which we have been boycotting for years) because every other fast food joint in town either didn't have power or were just closed for reasons...

It's just now warming up enough in here for me to start feeling human again, but many thousands are still without power. Oh and our neighbor with the generator ran the bloody thing all night, wow are those things loud. Warmest wishes to MollyB and I hope the river doesn't get you!

Hey, that sounds just like The Crimson Lights Miracle of 2014! Does Dylan Macavoy own that Papa John's?

I hope the worst is over and I'm glad to hear you're safe.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6

Hey, that sounds just like The Crimson Lights Miracle of 2014! Does Dylan Macavoy own that Papa John's?

I hope the worst is over and I'm glad to hear you're safe.

It was weird, just this one block in the whole town had power.  And, man were they slammed, the kid behind the counter practically threw the pizza at my darling hubby.  Poor Dullyn would have been cowering in the back.

Thanks for the kind wishes, sweetie!

• Love 4

Welcome Jewel.. I know what you mean by intimidating. I  am the only sharon hater on the board and it gets tough some times.. but just keep posting.. it is a great board. With really funny people.

• Love 4

Welcome Jewel.. I know what you mean by intimidating. I  am the only sharon hater on the board and it gets tough some times.. but just keep posting.. it is a great board. With really funny people.

As a Victor/EB fan I know what you mean :)

• Love 2

Yesterday we had one of the worst wind storms I've ever lived through, I was waiting for a tree to fall on our house at any moment, my parents house was hit by a tree in the last storm- damages est. at $35,000.00

YIKES! So glad you are okay and sorry to hear about the awful neighbor, not to mention your parents' wind damage. Also, hail fellow Papa John's boycotter!

Hey, that sounds just like The Crimson Lights Miracle of 2014!

I love you so much for this.

I  am the only sharon hater on the board and it gets tough some times.. but just keep posting..

I'm not a Sharon-hater but I'm no Sharon fan, either. Sharon and I haven't been on good terms ever since she showed up in GC. So come sit here with me whenever it gets tough. I have gingerbread!

Welcome jewel! I see this board has already invaded your dreams. This place is like the Hotel California of soap forums - you can check out any time you like but your heart will never leave.

• Love 6

peacheslatour quote

Warmest wishes to MollyB and I hope the river doesn't get you!

Thank you for your wishes, but I think I fared better than you did.  We had flickering power, but no major water damages-most of us sit well back from the river.  Just rearranges the greenery scenery somewhat.  Glad you are ok-my son in Seattle said the wind was horrific. And the restaurant he manages in Kirkland was closed. (Papa John's has apparently made a pact with the devil.)

Hint:  sugar in most any fuel tank will really fuck it up-ready to brave the dogs to put a diabetic coma on  the generator and bike?  I generally don't engage in revenge-my motto is everybody steps in their own shit- but sometimes Karma needs a hand.  (Karma helps those who get off their ass.)  We've cycled through people like your neighbor in my 'hood, too.  Eventually foreclosure, divorce/domestic violence, outstanding warrants and anonymous threats remove them.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 3