Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast of Superstore: America Ferrera, Mark McKinney, Ben Feldman and more!

I like the show and the cast, but it seems to be a case of Justin Spitzer doing "The Office" in a big-box setting. We've got all "The Office" characters:

Amy = Pam, but married!

Jonah = Jim

Glenn = Michael

Dina = Dwight, but female! (The actor is very funny.)

Kevin is spread around. Stanley is Garrett. I can't get a read on who is the Phyllis.

It's not something that bothers me. I enjoy the show, but think it's not a real feeling as TO was. It's a little sitcomy. I do give props for looking like they converted an actual empty big-box to the set.

• Love 1

It's not something that bothers me. I enjoy the show, but think it's not a real feeling as TO was. It's a little sitcomy. I do give props for looking like they converted an actual empty big-box to the set.

Doesn't bother me either. Besides, the longer TO went, the less realistic it got.

On 8/22/2016 at 0:45 PM, possibilities said:

Here's an interview with Colton Dunn (the guy who plays Garrett)-- I didn't know he was a writer on the Key and Peele show! He also does stand up. He talks a little about Superstore, and also about his thoughts on comedy and his career in general:

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/colton-dunn-superstore#axzz4I50gTM3Q

Thanks for that link!

On 2/24/2016 at 1:01 PM, The Solution said:

And also Doug Guggenheim from House of Lies as the pharmacist.

I liked seeing him in something else. But I kept saying, "STFU, Doug!" in my head.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:08 PM, CofCinci said:

America is pregnant. I wonder if it will be hidden on the series. 

I hope they do hide it. One of my pet peeves is inserting a pregnancy into a TV series when it makes no sense for the character and derails storylines in the process. Grey's Anatomy is proof that you can easily film around actresses' pregnancies. They can explain Amy's absence in some way. Have her transfer stores and then come back or something. Seems a good chance she will give birth during the summer break anyway.

I love that America is pregnant and that Ben's wife recently gave birth. Must be something in the water on the set.

• Love 2

I wanted to come here and say how darn impressive Mark McKinney is every week as Glen. McKinney takes a character that would be really easy to send up and makes me feel like he's a real person. 

• Love 4

I'm on season 6 of a Mad Men rewatch, where Ben Feldman is looking like this:

image.png.fca147bb66cdcc961e32a16e5b5c73de.png

I haven't been giving him enough credit as an actor. I can watch both Superstore and Mad Men at the same time and I never get a, "hey, that's Michael in Cloud 9," or "it's so weird that Jonah works at Sterling Cooper now" feeling.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I'm on season 6 of a Mad Men rewatch, where Ben Feldman is looking like this:

image.png.fca147bb66cdcc961e32a16e5b5c73de.png

I haven't been giving him enough credit as an actor. I can watch both Superstore and Mad Men at the same time and I never get a, "hey, that's Michael in Cloud 9," or "it's so weird that Jonah works at Sterling Cooper now" feeling.

Is that real hair and mustache!? I don't know how to process this.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ae2 said:

Is that real hair and mustache!? I don't know how to process this.

Heh. I'm pretty sure the hair is real, but I don't know about the mustache. It's got a Selleck-y quality that a lot of men can't achieve.

I just happened to catch the last 25 minutes or so of Hollywood Game Night last night and one team was from Superstore (Dunn, Ash, Feldman).  I've never seen this show before, but just happened to be flipping channels and the Superstore gang plus Donald Faison made me stop.

Wow!  If I wasn't already in love with Lauren Ash, this would have sealed the deal.  She's like the new Tony Randall of game show celebrities, amazing play and can really think on her feet.

Also, Ben Feldman is a pretty good tap dancer...

• Love 3
On 8/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, Scout Finch said:

Ben Feldman still reminds me so much of David Naughton. (For us old folks, he was the Dr. Pepper dude in the late '70s/early '80s.)

download.jpg

Don’t forget his song “Makin’ It”! I won’t link to it because I end up listening on loop and get an earwig. Takes me days to recover.

God speed, Linda. Can’t say I cared for Myrtle’s racism, but she played the part well.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:39 PM, Sile said:

I just happened to catch the last 25 minutes or so of Hollywood Game Night last night and one team was from Superstore (Dunn, Ash, Feldman).  I've never seen this show before, but just happened to be flipping channels and the Superstore gang plus Donald Faison made me stop.

Wow!  If I wasn't already in love with Lauren Ash, this would have sealed the deal.  She's like the new Tony Randall of game show celebrities, amazing play and can really think on her feet.

Also, Ben Feldman is a pretty good tap dancer...

I saw Lauren Ash on Lipsync Battle and she was absolutely awesome!

• Love 1