Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So you all know I love me some Thope. But today when Thomas talked about the impact of Rome and how grateful he is, all I could think was “😬😬 Hope was cheating and ended up blowing her life and family with Liam apart “

Not that I mind, but let’s not ignore that aspect of Rome. 

• Like 5

No Ridge, Hope doesn’t love Lurch. Hope only loves that Lurch loves her.  Ridge, please stop saying how Finn should feel.  

You can tell Ridge, Lurch, and RJ are father and sons by their lack of charisma. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Brooke "OK, let's just change the topic away from Thomas to the Taytot I can occasionally stomach." 

Me watching Thope today "oh, are they actually finally going to do something somewhat date like instead of just banging?  Oh, no, wait, they're just going to eat and bang, aren't they?" Have they been on any kind of date, other than sightseeing in Rome when she was still married and just intended for it to be one day out of time? And Ridge going on about how they're so in love was a big old anvil of what's to come, especially juxtaposing Thope/Sinn/Bridge talking about Thope and Sinn. 

Also, you can see Thomas restraining himself from being more aggressive in trying to get Hope to stop defending Finn. I doubt he's going to be able to restrain himself much longer. If I had to guess, I'd say he's going to start pushing harder for Hope to agree to marry him, and he's eventually going to lash out at her about standing up for Finn and not just focusing all of her attention on their relationship. 

I have to say that they could be going in kind of an interesting direction in how they're breaking up Steffy and Finn. As the song says, sometimes love just ain't enough. They've each got an emotional wound from what's happened, and those wounds are in direct opposition to each other to the point where they're each not the person to comfort the other. Finn very clearly loves Steffy and wants to make things work, but every single time they start getting close again, he's triggered. Instead of some big blowup, or one of them banging someone else in a weak moment, let's see them actually discuss how this just isn't working for either of them, because it's too painful. 

Or, you know, they'll just give us Steffy's third WTD storyline. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

How did the latest episode in any way advance the plot?

Like, OK, let's have all the characters talk and talk about each other—such is the nature of many a soap—but B&B, you used to be able to do this while advancing the plot.

You've now had Steffy and Finn talk about Sheila for 3 episodes and really the only thing you've done with that is establish that both are Still Dealing with the traumatic event even though one of them—not naming any names here—didn't even directly participate in said traumatic event, and his reaction can be described as, at best, oddly strong.

What bothers people on a larger scale is how Finn didn't act in said event but he's now reacting in response to it; you know, that telltale sign of Bad Writing taught in every fiction writing class since ever.

Then you have Hope and Thomas talking about Steffy/Finn too because there's no other plot to speak of except how much they want to bang each other. Which, good for you, but it isn't plot.

Ridge and Brooke talk about Hope/Thomas with Ridge being the voice insert for the writing (You're supposed to root for Hope and Thomas! Sure, Thomas did some Awful Things in the past, but if I, a Main Character can get over it, so should you!) and Brooke being the voice insert for viewers still not on board with Hope/Thomas. And then they too talk about Steffy/Finn and repeat what Ridge said the last time he talked about Steffy/Finn. 😴

tl;dr This episode didn't advance the plot because the show isn't clear on what its own plot is right now.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Thomas and Hope were sweet today. 

Absolutely loved them today. Hope is very playful with Thomas and she’s happy.  I know there wasn’t any movement in their story but I just love watching them on screen  they have the spark.  They have progressed, molasses paced but they’re in a relationship now and it’s obvious Hope loves him.  I would love an outside date but not even the beloved Runa or Bridge has gotten that, I am assuming that’s more about budget than anything else.  I also think the ILY is coming soon, enough time has passed  Hope is no longer asking Thomas to assure her she is the only one, she’s openly with him, she’s doesn’t look uncomfortable anymore when he talks about love. Before she would look away or correct him.  AN is doing a great job with the body language.  If she had said it last year it would’ve been too soon after her divorce. 

I am also enjoying their conversations, they are talking like adults, loved when Hope opened up about her relationship with Deacon and now they’re discussing Sinn on which they disagree.  Thomas listens and doesn’t tell her how to feel. I think Hope is at her most honest with Thomas.

Sinn had their turn discussing all things Thope and we all know Steffy has stuck her nose in Hope’s relationships so turnabout is fair play. 

I don’t think anything will happen with Finn, she’s literally the only neutral party he can talk to without being told to get over it.  He certainly can’t talk to Li and the Runa crowd is out, he doesn’t know Zende. Side effect of a small cast who has no friends.  

Is Aurora real or made up ? I’m assuming that they couldn’t say Alexa??

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Is Aurora real or made up ? I’m assuming that they couldn’t say Alexa??

They're probably not allowed to use real names. Like on Y&R, Facebook was "Faceplace" and on As the World Turns "YouTube" was "UsTube."

10 hours ago, EleanorD said:

OK, let's have all the characters talk and talk about each other—such is the nature of many a soap—but B&B, you used to be able to do this while advancing the plot.

If it weren't for repetition, all we'd get is commercials between dead air.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
(edited)

🥰🫠 - that was me watching Thomas/Hope today. 😀.. just love em with all their baggage. even that pesky voice that kept saying “she was married” didn’t bother me too much lol 

If people had such issues with Sheila at Il Giardino why didn’t they just eat somewhere else??? 

Liam - I’m not going to lie, I appreciate the support he’s showing Steffy. On the other hand he’s just so …lil pukey.. the show is making it very clear Steffy isn’t interested  

🤔 I’m in the mood for Italian for dinner lol 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Did they say how Deacon got the money for Il Giardino?  Did I miss seeing that?

Maybe somebody Sheillad out for it.

... sorry I'll see myself out.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Steffy should NOT be the one to repeatedly comfort Finn.

JMW is usually compelling but whenever Steffy's back on Comforting Your Spazzy Spouse 101 even scenes with her in them become weary. Time to change it up.

Finn: “I keep seeing her.” Hey Finn! Maybe you should SEE SOMEONE? And I don't mean as in see more of your dead ~*~birth mother~*~ but a professional, instead of talking to your wife ~the murderer~ who did your birth mother dead and somehow manages to hold it all together better than your fragile ass.

That look on Finn's face at the end was definitely meant to convey something but unless somebody introduces TN to face acting we'll never know what.

And yeah, they're definitely building Liam for a comeback. Thing is, keep writing him this way and let him keep his new attitude... and it just might work. Especially if they keep showing Steffy as willing to work on saving her marriage and keep building on the friendship with Liam.

PS. Show, if somebody could just mention Ally just to acknowledge Steffy's acted in self defense before that'd be great kthanx.

Edited by EleanorD
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

Liam, Stuffy is not a violent person?  I guess killing Ally and trying to make Ivy in to a crispy critter aren’t acts of violence. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Thank you @EleanorD for your recap of this week's episodes. I spent about 3 seconds on each clip, then hit FF. It seems I missed NOTHING. 

Agree that Finn needs a therapist ASAP. Unfortunately that might require Taylor to come back to town.....peasepleaseplease  NO !!!!  🙏

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

I also think the ILY is coming soon, enough time has passed

It's coming up on 9 months now on that. It's been well beyond time for that and for Hope to make a decision either way. I mean, in a good soap, Beth would have been SORASed to an age where she be able to express an option on this union much like 7 year old Aly did by cutting up Taylor's wedding dress....but if they're not gonna bother with that, I wish they'd just get on with it. The Thope shippers deserve some closure, at least.

7 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Liam - I’m not going to lie, I appreciate the support he’s showing Steffy. On the other hand he’s just so …lil pukey.. the show is making it very clear Steffy isn’t interested  

And thank God she's holding strong on that, although it begs the question why Liam can only *ever* play hero to people once they have no interest in him instead of just trying to be a good partner to anyone he's with.

• Like 4

Steffy hanging up on Liam was funny.

Then Hope going on and on about Italy and the moments with Thomas, ignoring the fact she was married at the time. Lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Thank you @EleanorD for your recap of this week's episodes. I spent about 3 seconds on each clip, then hit FF. It seems I missed NOTHING. 

Agree that Finn needs a therapist ASAP. Unfortunately that might require Taylor to come back to town.....peasepleaseplease  NO !!!!  🙏

My pleasure!

They'd get a lot of mileage out of introducing a new therapist character a la how they introduced Taylor 1.0 way back when during Caroline's leukemia storyline. Let's face it, most of the characters on the show could use a round or twenty of therapy and it'd compensate for the lack of friends they can't vent to.

A therapist is a free way to introduce, signal and advance storylines. But Bell's budget probably says ouch and a lot of hell nos.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

If people had such issues with Sheila at Il Giardino why didn’t they just eat somewhere else??? 

Don't be silly, we all know there's only one restaurant in LA!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

So who is Luna tic-tac’s  daddy.. inquiring minds want to know.  

IF Thomas and Hope do get engaged- this will be Brooke Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMANHeart Attack Fred Sanford GIF

As you all can see I’ve discovered the gif icon. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • LOL 7

Regarding Hope/Thomas -- once again they have Ridge in the role of audience surrogate for how viewers should feel about Thomas (and Hope/Thomas) while Brooke acts as the audience insert for those hesitating/on the fence about Hope/Thomas. They literally have Hope take Brooke/the audience's hand and ask her/us to be happy for her and the new love she's found; she even asks Brooke/viewers to give them a chance.

Whatever you think about Hope/Thomas, the writing's on the wall: the show wants you to get on board with them.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 5
29 minutes ago, EleanorD said:

Regarding Hope/Thomas -- once again they have Ridge in the role of audience surrogate for how viewers should feel about Thomas (and Hope/Thomas) while Brooke acts as the audience insert for those hesitating/on the fence about Hope/Thomas. They literally have Hope take Brooke/the audience's hand and ask her/us to be happy for her and the new love she's found; she even asks Brooke/viewers to give them a chance.

Whatever you think about Hope/Thomas, the writing's on the wall: the show wants you to get on board with them.

Interesting perspectives, I never thought of it that way . I’m thinking this may be Bridge angst since Brooke will never be on board. Actually I would love if Brooke/Thomas just mutually agreed that they will never like each other and let the families just accept it. 

I saw an old clip with a tween Thomas telling Brooke that he didn’t want any ice cream from her because he knows she didn’t like his mother and was mean to his mommy 😂.  I think he yelled it and Ridge was like “Thomas”.. clearly this dislike goes way way back. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EleanorD said:

Whatever you think about Hope/Thomas, the writing's on the wall: the show wants you to get on board with them

I’ll get on board with them. If they’re on the Hindenburg or Titanic.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 7

That dress was god awful. What does that dress have anything to do with HFTF?  It pure high fashion and not middle class working girl. 

Again we hear why Hope is with Lurch and that, to him, she’s his wife one and only woman.  

Of the conversations between mother/daughter  and father/son the true fatherly/“daughter” conversation was between Bill and Luna. It ended in tears by Luna and tears by Bill.  Once again I wish that the monkeys with keyboard reconsider Bill as Luna’s father. 

• Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Actually I would love if Brooke/Thomas just mutually agreed that they will never like each other and let the families just accept it. 

I truly wish B&B could just do this more often in general. People can have unforgivable beef. Someone years ago pointed out on Y&R that although Lily and Kevin rarely shared scenes after the whole kidnapping/attempted fire(or freezing?) thing in 2004 that Lily keeps a cool distance from him in the big event scenes. Likewise, for as much as I wish TIIC would allow Chloe to have any other purpose on Y&R beyond bashing Adam, she still is allowed to hate his existence for hiding the truth about Delia.

Brooke made Amber's life hell over comparatively less, so Thomas should be damn glad she isn't digging up Oliver Jones's contact information or trying to set Hope up with her ex-fiancé Dave's kid who just also happens to work for LAPD in the cold case department.

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Once again I wish that the monkeys with keyboard reconsider Bill as Luna’s father. 

Considering they're circling back on this, I don't wonder if they're still not going that route. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

I don't think they're going to make Bill really Luna's father, but I think Poppy is either going to lie to him that he really is, or she's going to ask him to pretend he is because she's afraid to say who it really is.  And since Bill is already super attached to Luna, for some reason, he'd go along with pretending to be her father if Poppy convinced him he'd be protecting her by doing so. 

Hat tip to Luna for basically using the "mints" story to try to guilt Poppy into telling her who her father is. 

I cracked up at Steffy hanging up on Liam. More of that, please. But, Steffy, come on, your sainted mother is a world renowned psychiatrist, and when your husband is sitting there telling you how he's seeing his dead mother, and how he is having images of himself in her place, you don't think to suggest, at minimum, a little grief counseling? 

Listening to Hope's dialogue today with Brooke, it's still so much about "Thomas makes me feel more important than Liam made me feel," not so much about "this is how I feel about Thomas." There's a contrast to "I've opened my heart to him," and "he's given me every piece of his heart." I give credit to the dialogue and the way AN plays things, because I legitimately can't tell which way things are going there. One day (like yesterday), you think it's definitely going to go full steam ahead. The next day, you've again got Hope pulling her punches when talking about how she feels about Thomas and focusing far more on how he feels about her, and how that is refreshing for her, making it seem more like this is a rebound because she's hurting from Liam not being all in like that. Also, "and he's not obsessive about it any more" felt like someone (Hope, the writers) protesting too much. 

And Thomas bringing up Brooke to Ridge and talking about how she doesn't want to give his relationship with Hope a chance, feels like the buildup to Thomas doing something crazy. If he starts feeling like Brooke not being on board is the reason Hope hasn't said "yes" yet, what would he do about that?  

That dress seemed familiar, and I finally remembered where I've seen it before. It's a knockoff of this: 

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

I am not letting go of Finn being Luna tic-tac's father....

I agree. The conversation a couple months ago about how Finn and Poppy were super close a year before Luna was born sealed it for me. It would also explain the pure rage Li has against her sister.

• Like 3

My bets say Poppy will say Bill is Luna's father in order to put an end to it. Of course, Bill isn't her father, that is either Finn or Jack, and is the reason Poppy refuses to come clean with Luna. Then again, Show could have been throwing us a red herring. And it would be a win for Poppy since Bill and Luna already know and like each other. 

Luna looked so much better yesterday without those tendrils of hair hanging around her face and the toned-down makeup. 

• Like 9
13 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't think they're going to make Bill really Luna's father, but I think Poppy is either going to lie to him that he really is, or she's going to ask him to pretend he is because she's afraid to say who it really is.  And since Bill is already super attached to Luna, for some reason, he'd go along with pretending to be her father if Poppy convinced him he'd be protecting her by doing so. 

Hat tip to Luna for basically using the "mints" story to try to guilt Poppy into telling her who her father is. 

I cracked up at Steffy hanging up on Liam. More of that, please. But, Steffy, come on, your sainted mother is a world renowned psychiatrist, and when your husband is sitting there telling you how he's seeing his dead mother, and how he is having images of himself in her place, you don't think to suggest, at minimum, a little grief counseling? 

Listening to Hope's dialogue today with Brooke, it's still so much about "Thomas makes me feel more important than Liam made me feel," not so much about "this is how I feel about Thomas." There's a contrast to "I've opened my heart to him," and "he's given me every piece of his heart." I give credit to the dialogue and the way AN plays things, because I legitimately can't tell which way things are going there. One day (like yesterday), you think it's definitely going to go full steam ahead. The next day, you've again got Hope pulling her punches when talking about how she feels about Thomas and focusing far more on how he feels about her, and how that is refreshing for her, making it seem more like this is a rebound because she's hurting from Liam not being all in like that. Also, "and he's not obsessive about it any more" felt like someone (Hope, the writers) protesting too much. 

And Thomas bringing up Brooke to Ridge and talking about how she doesn't want to give his relationship with Hope a chance, feels like the buildup to Thomas doing something crazy. If he starts feeling like Brooke not being on board is the reason Hope hasn't said "yes" yet, what would he do about that?  

That dress seemed familiar, and I finally remembered where I've seen it before. It's a knockoff of this: 

spacer.png

I’m not a big Royal watcher so this is the first time I’m seeing Kate and this dress. Not only is the dress itself amazing, Kate looks sensational wearing it.

3 hours ago, AManfred said:

I agree. The conversation a couple months ago about how Finn and Poppy were super close a year before Luna was born sealed it for me. It would also explain the pure rage Li has against her sister.

Soooo gross if Finn ends up as Luna’s father. Yes, it makes Li’s rage waaaay more logical, but still gross if a nephew impregnated his aunt. (Yeah, yeah, not blood aunt, but still…)  What is this?!   A V.C. Andrews production!  🤪

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, AManfred said:

If I found out that my sister was screwing my son, I don't think pure rage would cut it tbh.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Did you see Poppy when she saw shirtless Finn. What is she going to say on Monday ? If Finn is Luna’s daddy and I do believe he is .🤯

Brad Bell does love a good pseudo incest storyline. At least this time, both people would have known the whole time that they weren't blood related? 

1 hour ago, aussieinsydney said:

If I found out that my sister was screwing my son, I don't think pure rage would cut it tbh.

Yeah, murder would definitely be on the table.  Hand me Steffy's stabbin' knife and tire iron.  If Finn is Luna's dad, and Li has known all this time, then I'm going to have to take back some shit I've said about Li since Luna came to town. Although she still shouldn't have been so shitty directly to Luna. She didn't do anything wrong, and she'd be Li's granddaughter, despite how gross her origin story is. 

The only thing that is going to be hard to explain is why Finn never did the math. He's a friggin' doctor and he didn't figure out that the baby born approximately nine months after he hooked up with his aunt could be his? Did Finn take some of Aunt Poppy's famous mints before they hooked up? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6

Hope is asking Brooke to support her relationship with Lurch because he makes her happy but Shiela made her father happy and she could support that relationship. Maybe I’m mixing apples and oranges but Brooke hates Lurch the same way Hope hates Shiela. 

And there is another dress that has nothing to do with HFTF besides being another awful design and totally the wrong color for Hope.  It makes Hope look washed out. 

We have two cliffhangers for next week. Luna’s father is either Finn or Jack. Finn acted like he never slept with Poppy but wouldn’t you think that a young man would remember if he did unless he was also minted. So is Poppy going to tell Finn that Jack was Luna’s father?  

No pressure Hope but Lurch can’t wait any longer. Will Hope now give into the pressure. I hope not and once again we’ll see Lurch turn into Mr Hyde.  That will be more entertaining than the mundane Lurch and Hope. 

I almost forgot. Beware of the Ides of March. 

• Like 4

If Finn once did the deed with Poppy, you’d think things would be more awkward between them. He never had a weird reaction to her name being mentioned by Li or Luna. Plus, ew.

What is the big hairy deal about Brooke and Ridge approving of Hope and Thomas? These people spend way too much time mulling over the sex lives of their family members. And did Hope say Thomas was great with the kids, like kids plural? Meaning Beth? That’s a non-starter for me. I don’t care how much work that suffocating asshole claims he’s done. I notice too that Mr. “No Pressure” is proposing again. He’s got no chill at all.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

If Finn once did the deed with Poppy, you’d think things would be more awkward between them. He never had a weird reaction to her name being mentioned by Li or Luna. Plus, ew.

What is the big hairy deal about Brooke and Ridge approving of Hope and Thomas? These people spend way too much time mulling over the sex lives of their family members. And did Hope say Thomas was great with the kids, like kids plural? Meaning Beth? That’s a non-starter for me. I don’t care how much work that suffocating asshole claims he’s done. I notice too that Mr. “No Pressure” is proposing again. He’s got no chill at all.

I'm so squeamish that we're going to get Finn not remembering they hooked up because he was drunk or he took some of Poppy's "mints." The Luna/Zende "misunderstanding night" was bad enough, but a "misunderstanding night" where a college kid fathered a child with his aunt and doesn't even remember they hooked up? 

You'd think after decades of Stephanie's bullshit, both Ridge and Brooke would be at least a little hesitant to dive so deep into their kids' love lives. But, nope, they're just going to go ahead and take up that mantle. 

And, I completely agree on the "no pressure" bullshit. All he's done is pressure her in various ways since the moment she asked him to give her time and not pressure her. And this time, he was applying even more pressure. I really did not like the way he's just telling her "it's time." I believe she told him, multiple times, that she would tell him when she feels like it's time. Not to make this too much about my personal anecdote, but I dated a guy in college who had a similar "I know what's best because I love you so much" kind of bullshit about him. Once I recognized what a pattern it was, I was out of there. Hope needs to stick to her guns, even if she's wavering a little, because this is such disrespect for a very reasonable boundary. Give the ring back and tell him that she will tell him if she's ever ready for that, but she refuses to wear the ring around her neck any longer, because he will not stop pressuring her. 

And, yeah, I'll never be OK with him having any kind of pseudo parental role in Beth's life. Nope. Not OK. 

Shallow time: that dress is ugly. It's a bad color for Hope. It technically fits, but in the least flattering way possible. It somehow makes her chest look saggy, which is absurd. And then, the camera panned to the back of her head while No Pressure Thomas was, again, proposing, and I got a look at her hair. If I was remotely invested in this pairing, I'd be offended that they sent AN out on set with that hair for what could be some big pivotal romantic moment. But, since I hate watch this pairing, I just laughed for a good few minutes over how bad they managed to make poor AN look for the big romantic moment. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Ugh. Thomas is just too much. I am feeling smothered and I'm just a viewer! Hope needs to step outside her wounded ego and take a good hard look at how controlling Thomas is doing to be once the sex haze wears off. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

Does Poppy truly not know WTD ?? Is that the reason behind the mysterious talk between her and Finn ?? Having him do a secret DNA test on Luna would make sense. That seems more reasonable than having poor overburdened Finn face yet another challenge. Seeing dead Mommy and finding out that a drunken college age one-nighter resulted in a child with Auntie Poppy could send him right over the edge. All that ominous build up...wasted...wasted, I say !!

Luna is a grown ass adult over 18 with a job that pays good money. Stop bugging your mother about "who's my daddy" . Spend the $99.99, spit into the cup and get back a chart outlining some of your second cousins and aunties...Ooopppps. May want to commandeer some of those mints first.

Bill needs another child. After all, he has Liam, but seems to have misplaced Wyatt and Will. 

LUNA " MOM, have you seen my toothbrush ??"

POPPY " Never mind sweetheart, I'll buy you a new one." 

• LOL 6

Why didn't Thomas gift Hope that lovely caped evening gown instead of that fugly mess he dressed her in before the hours-long proposal ?? Which has reduced Hope to her usual state of "deer in the headlights".  Must wait til Monday...or Tuesday....or til after March Madness for her answer. Either way, it will be the wrong answer.

"No" will send T into a dangerous spiral.

"Yes" will result in happy T being triggered at some point by someone's interference or disapproval, sending him into a dangerous spiral.

Either way, just move it along, there's been nothing to see here for a very long time.

• Like 4

Yay, Spazzy Finn is exchanged for Surfing Shirtless Finn! He's still dull as paint but nice to see he's taken a break from doing his best Haley Joel Osment impression.

Ridge wonders why Brooke's change of heart regarding Hope/Thomas now? Duh, because the show wants us to be on board with them, Ridge! You as the audience surrogate should know that. Question is whether it's because the audience should be on board with an inevitable engagement between the two or "shocked" at a no from Hope after how strongly the show signaled a yes.

There's mileage out of whatever Hope answers. Definitely leaning one way, though.

Since I have no horse in the Hope/Thomas race, I'm happy to sit back and watch chaos ensue no matter what, especially if it gets me less RJ, less Spazzy Finn, and less of Traumatized Woman Comforting Her Crybaby Husband in the Year of the Lord 2024 from here on. 🤞

• Like 4

Li has commented to Poppy several times that "you don't even know who Luna's father is", so I don't think she is angry at Li over shagging Finn or Jack. She is just a disapproving older sister, who sees her life's path as superior. 

Her finding out who Luna's father is will send her down an even darker, angrier path. 

• Like 8
(edited)

I’m disappointed in the no but I completely understand it. At least she admitted that she loved him. Thomas proposed way too early and was pushy and I am saying that as a Thope fan. He should’ve given her the time to come around on her own. She came around to loving him so just let her be, she not ready for another marriage as is her right. I don’t think Thomas is going dark after this either. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 7

Here’s… drama! (Let's hope.) An episode about wrongness and bad timing:

Thomas proposal got rejected. I say proposal and not Thomas because I believe—and the show certainly wants us to believe—that Hope’s feelings for Thomas are genuine. However, due to a case of Bad Timing Thomas proposed soap-weeks too soon and got a no. Womp womp. The drama from this might give the show some much needed energy; all we’d need is a solid romantic couple to root for and B&B might even be a little entertaining again.

Liam and Steffy’s conversation—not wrong per se; a solid scene between the two—with Steffy denying there’s anything wrong with her and Finn in the long run (ha ha ha Steffy what planet are you on you live in soap land) and insisting Hope is leading her brother on. Again, Hope’s feelings are genuine. She ain’t ready though. Cue Sad Thomas? Whacky Thomas? Mopey Thomas? Anything but the latter! There are enough mopey men on this show.

Speaking of, it’d be nice if Bill remembered he actually already has legitimate kids… then again maybe not, since Dollar Bill has a penchant for messing their lives up. No mints for him, please.

Can’t bring myself to care for the Search For Luna’s Daddy because she’s searching in all the wrong places anyway and yawn.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Hope tells Mr Hyde (formally Lurch) that she loves him but is not ready to marry him. To me, Hope is saying that she only loves the thought of him loving her.  Mr Hyde just had to presser Hope once again knowing she didn’t want to be pressures. If and when Hope was ready, she wouldn’t need to be prompted to put the ring on her finger.  What is the rush Mr Hyde?  Is he so virtuous that he has to get married instead of just living with Hope because of the kids or does Mr Hyde want to have a baby with Hope?  

Poppy you are a day late and a dollar short with asking Finn to be a father figure in Luna’s life. It looks like Bill is going to fill that role.  Besides Bill has much more experience being a father to adult children. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, EleanorD said:

Thomas proposal got rejected. I say proposal and not Thomas because I believe—and the show certainly wants us to believe—that Hope’s feelings for Thomas are genuine.

It's actually pretty refreshing to see serial monogamist Hope Logan choose *not* to rush into marriage after doing exactly that for all of her twenties. I wish more people on this show could do this.

That said, the irony of Steffy of all people throwing shade on this is not lost on me, considering that she used  being free wheeling as a bonus point to get Liam back in the day.

• Like 8

I like Thomas and Hope but I don't think it's bad she's not ready. She's probably the one person ever on this show that didn't jump to engaged. Liam, Ridge bounced from wife to wife to wife daily.  Reusing rings and not leaving a day.  

Did Thomas not hear the ILY part? All he had to do was wait for her to give him the ring to give to her.  

Steffy is going to act like Hope's not so innocent and take Liam side for the marriage ending?  Yet Steffy slept with the woman's husband and had to do a DNA test but she'll judge her for kissing Thomas and says she's not innocent. 

I don't care who Luna's father is at this point.  Finn has kids to take care of not parent Luna.  Poppy needs to tell her daughter the truth.  Luna needs to do an online DNA kit. 

Finn brought up how much time he and Poppy spent together, then said "as Luna's cousin...". So he's the brother? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1