Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

If it turns out that Sheila really is alive, I'm done with this show.

And Hope and Liam need to mind their own business.

I think she is very much alive but it may be weeks or months  (next year??) before we (the audience) finds out.  Hope has over-stepped and then some...

Also can we discuss RJ being shirtless - if it's between that and the grandpa sweater I will take the itchy looking sweater.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

Also can we discuss RJ being shirtless - if it's between that and the grandpa sweater I will take the itchy looking sweater.

If the writers keep having RJ being shirtless, that'll be another reason I'll stop watching this show.   

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
(edited)

Once again I have to beat the dead horse to say it was not consensual between you Z but it was only consensual because Luna thought it was RJ.  Z’s ego won’t let him consider the fact that it wasn’t him Luna wanted.  

Liam just go take a maple syrup bath and shut the fuck up.  You have no business lecturing Finn on how to deal with his marriage.  

The same goes for Z.  Why are you even talking to RJ about Luna. Is it your guilt speaking?  

I don’t remember if Stuffy felt this much remorse about killing Ally.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

Not sure the purpose of Zende and RJ today.  

Is Poppy back on her mints?  

So Li and Hope don't get through to Finn but Liam and his threats do.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Do you know how creepy and weird I would have found it if any of my cousins stopped in on their way to work to let me know how lucky they think I am to have a guy like my husband?  Seriously, that is so fucking weird. Zende should start hanging out with Liam. They're basically the same guy. And if you combine the two of them, you get one Thomas. 

And, seriously, Finn, either punch that waffle or have security haul him on out of there. What a tool. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

What was her excuse when she almost killed her other cousin, Ivy, by electrocution? Oh, that's right, she was trying to keep Ivy from telling the truth about what happened when she killed Aly. 

I will always call BS about Aly's death being self-defense because after they both pulled over on the side of the road, it was Steffy who yanked Aly out of Aly's car, they argued, Aly grabbed a tire iron, which Steffy grabbed AWAY from her. Aly had a rock in her hand but it is questionable if she would have used it or not or what, exactly, she would have done with the rock and we'll never know because seconds later, Steffy struck Aly with the tire iron so hard that it caused her to hit her head on a rock and die from the head injury within minutes. She also tried to cover up what happened and nearly killed Ivy in the process. If it was self-defense, why lie and try to keep the truth from everyone?

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
On 3/6/2024 at 10:41 AM, TVForever said:

That was Show's way of retconning the "Thomas murdered Emma" storyline so that he and Hope can be together without the fans' heads exploding. Nice try, Show, but we all saw Thomas run Emma off the road on purpose. It was not an accident. 

So disappointing... I actually thought that Bradley was going to be forced to send Thomas to prison for some time.  Not surprised at all that this is his way of trying to put the issue to rest so viewers will stop talking about it.  That and the "brain tumor".

On 3/6/2024 at 1:30 PM, CountryGirl said:

Later, Sugar crossed over into Y&R territory, Sheila tricked Sugar into having plastic surgery to look like Sheila so that she could put the cops on SugarSheila's tail and it was Sugar who went to jail, though not before stabbing Scotty Grainger (she did so to get revenge on Sheila by attempting to kill someone RealSheila loved and whom she had raised briefly when she swapped him with another baby when married to Scott Grainger Sr). Sugar was caught and carted off to prison where she presumably has been ever since.

So Sugar presumably still has Sheila's face in prison.  Whatever happened with Sheila getting plastic surgery to look like Phyllis?  I forget the show explanation but the real explanation was to try and get an Emmy for Michelle Stafford, who I loathe.  I think when we next saw Sheila she was back to looking like Sheila and IIRC there was absolutely no reference or explanation as to what happened to her having Phyllis' face.  Just pretended like it never happened.

18 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Bradley seems to think that RJ is the new Don Diamont when he was in his prime.  Always making RJ shirtless.  Does he think that RJ looks good?  I think he looks bloated and overinflated.

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Liam just go take a maple syrup bath and shut the fuck up.  You have no business lecturing Finn on how to deal with his marriage. 

Absolutely.  This isn't the first time that Liam waltzes into someone's office and lectures them when he has absolutely no business being there in the first place.  The way he called Finn "John", the superior attitude, the "I'm going to be with your wife since you won't".  STFU Liam.  I would have invited him to leave before he even opened his mouth, and then called security.

They were at the hospital, right?  What kind of hospital allows non-employees to just walk around all over and enter private areas without authorization?

28 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

What was her excuse when she almost killed her other cousin, Ivy, by electrocution? Oh, that's right, she was trying to keep Ivy from telling the truth about what happened when she killed Aly. 

I will always call BS about Aly's death being self-defense because after they both pulled over on the side of the road, it was Steffy who yanked Aly out of Aly's car, they argued, Aly grabbed a tire iron, which Steffy grabbed AWAY from her. Aly had a rock in her hand but it is questionable if she would have used it or not or what, exactly, she would have done with the rock and we'll never know because seconds later, Steffy struck Aly with the tire iron so hard that it caused her to hit her head on a rock and die from the head injury within minutes. She also tried to cover up what happened and nearly killed Ivy in the process. If it was self-defense, why lie and try to keep the truth from everyone?

Hear hear!  I hate that she never faced any consequences from this.  I hate that they killed Aly just to prop up Steffy.  I hate that they killed both Phoebe and Aly and got rid of Ivy.  Why get rid of so much of the younger Forrester generation?  So we can be subjected to all Steffy, all the time?

Steffy killed Aly.  Taylor killed Darla.  Neither faced any real legal consequences.  Like mother like daughter.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Steffy killed Aly.  Taylor killed Darla.  Neither faced any real legal consequences.  Like mother like daughter.

Well, little Aly cut up Taylor's wedding dress when she was marrying Thorne, so there was that!

• Like 2
On 3/4/2024 at 9:01 AM, RuntheTable said:

I have no doubt Sheila would sacrifice her daughter to get what she wants, and this would get Steffy out of the way, would make Finn realize that he actually does love Sheila, and would make Deacon's heart grow fonder, and may get him ready to get married.

Which daughter are you talking about? The one she had with Massimo, who I believe will never be mentioned again, or Erica/Mary who last we heard wanted nothing to do with Sheila, or one of the retconned twins on Y&R who I hope they never mention here?

On 3/4/2024 at 12:22 PM, blackwing said:

I don't think I've been following that closely... what happened with Xander accusing Thomas of murdering Emma?  Did that just get dropped?  Why wouldn't the police investigate further?

1. I don't think that Xander had any new evidence to make the police reopen the closed case. 2. I think this was in part to get fans to STFU about Emma's death, since the show is done with it. And 3. This was all about Hope forgiving Thomas yet again and pushing them closer together, for the time being.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:46 PM, Crashcourse said:

Today, Finn was looking like he's inherited some of his mother's murderous tendencies.  Steffy looked scared, and she should be.  

Doesn't it usually skip a generation? Shouldn't Haayes be the one to be worried about. With grannies like Sheila and Taylor whatever skips a generation is going to be in his DNA big time.

On 3/4/2024 at 10:25 PM, KerleyQ said:

"I've never seen anyone work so hard to change."  Well, we know where Hope gets it, don't we? 

Speaking of Hope, I thought she was a good friend to Finn today. He needs someone to listen to him without judgement, and she's pretty much as close to a neutral party as he's going to get, even with her issues with Sheila.

I never really realized how much Hope and Deacon are alike in that regard.

Speaking of Hope being a good friend to Finn, she really was. On the other hand we had Liam being a total ass and a predator to Stuffy.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:49 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I wish Finn and/or Deacon would punch Ridge.

Every day. And Brooke could look on smiling and telling him, "you really do deserve it".

On 3/5/2024 at 11:11 PM, KerleyQ said:

Liam is basically the same as Thomas now. He even went into that low, slow soothing tone for a short moment there while he was assuring Steffy that he'd always be there. 

I just thought he had a cold.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:16 AM, Waldo13 said:

Please please Li, stop barking orders at everyone. Stop telling people how they should feel.

They finally got someone to fill the Stephanie void.

16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I don’t remember if Stuffy felt this much remorse about killing Ally.  

I don't remember Stuffy having even one ounce of remorse when she killed Ally. And she did her damnedest to kill Ivy but failed. She may have had a touch of remorse in her failure, but not at her attempt to kill.

15 minutes ago, blackwing said:

So Sugar presumably still has Sheila's face in prison.  Whatever happened with Sheila getting plastic surgery to look like Phyllis?  I forget the show explanation but the real explanation was to try and get an Emmy for Michelle Stafford, who I loathe.  I think when we next saw Sheila she was back to looking like Sheila and IIRC there was absolutely no reference or explanation as to what happened to her having Phyllis' face.  Just pretended like it never happened.

When Sheila, the real Sheila, came back to B&B there was some line about stories about her in another city that weren't true.  It was a moment. I'd love to see a little clip of that again. And seriously, that crap on Y&R was idiotic and terrible. I'm fine with pretending it never happened.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Which daughter are you talking about? The one she had with Massimo, who I believe will never be mentioned again, or Erica/Mary who last we heard wanted nothing to do with Sheila, or one of the retconned twins on Y&R who I hope they never mention here?

I was having a very stupid moment there and forgot that Sugar was not Sheila's daughter, but was Sheila's friend, accomplice, and now enemy. 

But I still don't doubt she would sacrifice one of her kids to save her on hide, or to get what she wanted. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Does Poppy have a damn job?  Is she on her lunch hour when she pops into RJ and Luna's place of employment whenever she feels like it?

If the writers are going for RJ and Luna to be the "hot young couple" they have failed miserably.  I don't need to see either of them scantily dressed ever again.  And not only do I hate seeing RJ shirtless, but I hate his V-shaped hairline in the back.   

I think Thomas is beginning to read Hope, and he needs to just wake up and break up with her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

But I still don't doubt she would sacrifice one of her kids to save her on hide, or to get what she wanted.

Agreed. Finn seems to be her current favorite, and she was perfectly content to leave him to die in an alley instead of calling for help for him. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

The only thing worse in TV land than hate is apathy.

I don't have anything to say about RJ and Luna because I've already lost interest in the subject.

As for Finn, he's become so annoying and boring and I can't tell if it's the character or the actor. Either way, I can't bring myself to care about his so-called trauma when his wife is the one actually going through the wringer.

The only interesting way they could spin Finn's reaction wrt Sheila and Steffy to make it make sense is if they brought up/it leads to Finn's reaction being based in repressed resentment at Steffy for, uh, past transgressions or whatever they want to call it...

... but this is B&B and I'm not sure they're that clever. :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, EleanorD said:

I don't have anything to say about RJ and Luna because I've already lost interest in the subject.

I found out I didn't miss them. And Zende, poor Zende, how lonely are you? Dude, If you don't want to go anywhere to meet women I'm sure that any one of the fit models would go out with you in a heartbeat. It's just so weird that he developed a weak almost-obsession over Luna. And shouldn't Ploppy be busy dancing for $Bill?

@CountryGirl I have to watch those vids you posted again. I love that guy's humor. Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 9

I’d almost think Poppy and Zende were going to get together if he wasn’t so hung up on Luna. Their obsession with Luna not telling the truth is bizarre. Get a grip, you assholes.

Speaking of assholes, Thomas keeps love bombing Hope and getting sweet fuck all in return. Buy a clue, buddy. Also, wtf with Ridge’s murderous children?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’d almost think Poppy and Zende were going to get together if he wasn’t so hung up on Luna. Their obsession with Luna not telling the truth is bizarre. Get a grip, you assholes.

They spend so much time together that I'd swear it was a chem test. I'm predicting some drunken hookup when they're, once again, talking about keeping Luna quiet. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Speaking of assholes, Thomas keeps love bombing Hope and getting sweet fuck all in return. Buy a clue, buddy. Also, wtf with Ridge’s murderous children?

Well Poppy/Zende (Zoppy/Popde) seem to have chemistry that’s surely lacking from Runa. 

Thomas is a patient man, he’s been telling Hope he loves her for years Hope went from “it will never happen” to banging him every chance she gets.  He’s good lol. He just needs to wait a few more years. 

Speaking of Thomas, anyone notice how the Thomas spoilers have not been panning out.  Wasn’t Xander supposed to wreak havoc on him but he just disappeared. They didn’t even have a scene together.  Also, this week we were supposed to get Thomas being surprised at how close Hope and Finn were, but we get him telling Hope how caring she is and that he loved that about her.  Also, based on numerous spoilers dating back to last year, Thomas should’ve turned dark 10x over already but they all were a nothing burger.  I keep going back to the proposal , he came across a bit delusional, and he looked annoyed that she did not say yes, and she had an “oh shit “look on her  face. Now it’s like that never happened??? I have this image in my head of a bunch of monkeys, furiously typing away generating storylines

Speaking of RJ, I’m a terrible person. Someone online referred to him as a “ Minotaur looking boy” and boy did I laugh and now I can’t get it out of my head when I see him.   

Liberty biberty! Just cuz :)

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

The way he called Finn "John", the superior attitude, the "I'm going to be with your wife since you won't".  STFU Liam.  I would have invited him to leave before he even opened his mouth, and then called security

You know, for all that Ridge was a self righteous waffling dickweed, when he wanted to go after a woman, out of genuine desire or other purposes, he just went for it. He didn't go dickwaving to the rival the minute things went sour between him and Brooke or Taylor. And he certainly wouldn't have waited for things to go sour to just do the damn thing.

I thought KKL had it bad with her repetitive stories but God, she's got nothing on the one solitary beat SC has had to bang out for almost 14 years now. I've heard rumblings that he got a bit big for his britches over on GH but certainly any karma has been paid back with interest by now.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

If Luna tells RJ she will have something to loose or gain says Z. I’m sure Z thinks the something to gain is him.  Why do I get the feeling that Z is going to spill the beans and hope he can persuade Luna he’s so much in love with her that he had to tell RJ to get him out of the picture.  Of course Z will add that it was consensual.  RJ will probably forgive Luna but Luna would not feel that she would see the love in RJ ‘s eyes anymore.  

Lurch thinks Finn should be like him in having  no  remorse over Shiela’s death because he had no remorse over Emma’s death.  Lurch hasn’t changed because he has no concept of remorse. 

Finn’s nightmare was the way he thinks what happened according to the way Stuffy said it  happened not what actually happened. 

• Like 4

1. Liam...you "have/are caring for" Kelly. Where IS that child while you are roaming LA-LA Land popping in on Finn and Steffy all day ?? [asking for the nanny].

2. Poppy/Zende/RJ/Luna-tictac...who gets all lovey-dovey-cuddly in the office in front of Mom and the Misunderstanding Guy ?? "Let's go to my place". Jaysus !! Let's just go do some work while on the clock.

3. Again, Popeye and Luna-tictac...I wuv u, u is so special, lets go swim. 

4. Hope/Finn/Thomas/Steffy...we all know how this is going to turn out, just get to it and put us out of our misery [boredom].

5. Hope/Steffy...2 scripts were written for their confrontation, one for each lady. They each delivered, but just traded lines, call & response, not replying to each other. They might as well have been on 2 different sets. Comical. Again, boring.

6. Lemon Bar Lady and Eric's latest wife [ I'm having a senior moment] used to share desk duty at FC. Now I think there is a Madame in charge of Reception. I envision RuPaul with a peacock quill pen, taking reservations. " Yaaas, two for 3 pm Tuesday ?? Well, Dearie, Eric's office has been spoken for by Ridge and Brooke, the HFTF room has a permanent booking by Hope and Tomassssss, Design office is currently in use by RJ and Luna, but walk-ins are accepted.  The cutting room is available for 2 hours, and I understand the floor is quite comfy. May I quill y'all in ???

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I thought KKL had it bad with her repetitive stories but God, she's got nothing on the one solitary beat SC has had to bang out for almost 14 years now. I've heard rumblings that he got a bit big for his britches over on GL but certainly any karma has been paid back with interest by now.

And to top it off, SC has been damn good in scenes and stories with $Bill and Wyatt and anything does't involve waffling. As a leading man in love (& waffling) stories he is a drip.

11 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Finn’s nightmare was the way he thinks what happened according to the way Stuffy said it  happened not what actually happened. 

I was hoping that while Finn was having the nightmare, Stuffy would try to wake him and in a half sleep stupor he'd yell, leave my mother alone, and turn her into blood stain #2.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Peppermint said:

1. Liam...you "have/are caring for" Kelly. Where IS that child while you are roaming LA-LA Land popping in on Finn and Steffy all day ?? [asking for the nanny].

That nanny better ask for a raise.

13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I thought KKL had it bad with her repetitive stories but God, she's got nothing on the one solitary beat SC has had to bang out for almost 14 years now. I've heard rumblings that he got a bit big for his britches over on GL but certainly any karma has been paid back with interest by now.

1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

And to top it off, SC has been damn good in scenes and stories with $Bill and Wyatt and anything does't involve waffling. As a leading man in love (& waffling) stories he is a drip.

So far it's too early to tell whether it's the writing or the actor's choice but I hope we get more of the kind of Liam we've been getting lately where he kinda channels some of Bill's swagger. It suits him. If they plan on putting him back in the role as a leading man in love, as @SweePea59 calls it, then I hope they let him keep this stronger personality because this Liam is more entertaining to watch.

Edited by EleanorD
  • Like 4

I agree about Liam, he is doing well this way - being a bit of an a-hole.  They need to let his character evolve, waffling can only get you so far.  I was happy he was off screen but now I find myself enjoying his scenes.  I still don't want him with Steffy after knee begging gate.

So Kelly is with Liam and Hayes is with Li/Brooke - is it wise to split the kids up? Would be nice to see the conversation with the kids about why they're not home, add some more depth to the story.

• Like 3

I was cracking up at Finn's dream. But, yeah, that marriage is dead. He's not going to be able to get over his deep down feeling that Steffy took some kind of glee in killing Sheila. 

And Zende and Poppy are definitely going to sleep together. If not, the show is wasting that chemistry. He has no chemistry with Luna, and the Bill and Poppy scenes go back and forth between embarrassing (I'm looking at you, Poppy dancing in the middle of the restaurant), and him being focused on telling her how great Luna is.

• Like 9

Why would Poppy want to hook up with Zende when she's got a thing going on with $Bill?  And why would Zende want to hook up with Poppy when he's obsessed with her daughter?  I hope this match doesn't happen because I don't like Poppy. 

• Like 3

If it happens, I'm thinking it's going to be one night stand kind of thing that just happens, not some intentional "I want this" thing on either part. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

If it happens, I'm thinking it's going to be one night stand kind of thing that just happens, not some intentional "I want this" thing on either part. 

So, Zende accidentally pops some of Poppy's mints and thinks he's fucking Luna?  I wouldn't be at all surprised the writers went there. 🤣

• Angry 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So, Zende accidentally pops some of Poppy's mints and thinks he's fucking Luna?  I wouldn't be at all surprised the writers went there. 🤣

Yeah, that's pretty par for the course with this show. Right up there with Brooke not realizing that Oliver wasn't Ridge. Also, let's see Zende on the other side of that situation, and see how completely consensual he thinks it is. 

I was thinking like an angry sex thing, since they've been getting a bit pissy with each other. And I can see Poppy then holding it over Zende's head to keep him from ever telling RJ (or anyone else) about his night with Luna. Because "even if you break RJ and Luna up, if I tell her we had sex, she'd never get involved with you." 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I also think we are heading to some type of Poppy/Zende mashup. How long has it been since we have seen Bill and Poppy on a date? Or heard him waxing on about her? It seems they are trying to distance them while at the same time throwing Poppy and Zende together all the time. I believe the original plan was for Luna to be Bill's daughter and he and Poppy would hook up, but for reasons unknown they ditched that and are moving Poppy in a new direction. 

Honestly, I am ok with that. I want Bill to have a new woman in his life, but he was becoming such a steaming pile of mushy oatmeal, constantly going on about the wonders of his one night with Poppy twenty years ago, that I didn't recognize him anymore. I really wanted to see him and Li hook up, but they have destroyed her for me, so I can't root for that pairing anymore. How can you have a dynamic character like Bill Spencer and not be utilizing them, but are completely on board with shoving Luna and RJ down our collective throats on a daily basis? 

21 hours ago, EleanorD said:

This show used to have a spark. I miss that.

Indeed!

• Like 10
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I guess Ploppy's magic mints are the new boink-berries. Mints for everybody!

When is Eric going back to the office? I know a lot of people got tired of his story line, but I was really into it. I'd like it if they'd check in on his recovery from time to time and then bring him back to the office. AFAIK they've never replaced Quinn as head jewelry designer. Who's doing the jewelry?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 2:10 PM, SweePea59 said:

On 3/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, bluvelvet said:

I agree about Liam, he is doing well this way - being a bit of an a-hole.  They need to let his character evolve, waffling can only get you so far.  I was happy he was off screen but now I find myself enjoying his scenes.  

The only way to save viewers from passing out from rolling their eyes too hard at Liam once again being part of the Steffy/Finn/Hope/Thomas storyline—and, to some degree, his character in the eyes of some—is to actually commit Liam to ONE woman and then have the balls to stick to that the rest of the show. Nature of soaps be damned; that's one way B&B could actually be bold.

Let Liam keep the fresh set of balls and swagger he's found.

For the past half decade—longer could be argued—the show has trouble commiting to a Supercouple, and one reason any couple they've even attempted to put in that position in recent years failed is because B&B seems to have forgotten that said couple has to be compelling. Putting two Nice People together and watching them do Nice Things... does not an entertaining soap make. B&B's fix to that problem has been throw ALL THE DRAMA! at them but when it's the same type of drama regurgitated it's no longer compelling or entertaining; it gets old. Fast. And makes viewers turn the channel.

Stepping off my soapbox . No pun intended. :)

Edited by EleanorD
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, EleanorD said:

The only way to save viewers from passing out from rolling their eyes too hard at Liam once again being part of the Steffy/Finn/Hope/Thomas storyline—and, to some degree, his character in the eyes of some—is to actually commit Liam to ONE woman and then have the balls to stick to that the rest of the show. Nature of soaps be damned; that's one way B&B could actually be bold.

Let Liam keep the fresh set of balls and swagger he's found.

For the past half decade—longer could be argued—the show has trouble commiting to a Supercouple, and one reason any couple they've even attempted to put in that position in recent years failed is because B&B seems to have forgotten that said couple has to be compelling. Putting two Nice People together and watching them do Nice Things... does not an entertaining soap make. B&B's fix to that problem has been throw ALL THE DRAMA! at them but when it's the same type of drama regurgitated it's no longer compelling or entertaining; it gets old. Fast. And makes viewers turn the channel.

Stepping off my soapbox . No pun intended. :)

Liam committing to one woman would be different indeed - he basically said he was not a one woman man.  They need to bring in a new woman for him and let him realize that Steffy/Hope and him have too much water under the bridge and move on.

THE supercouples of the show are supposed to be Bridge and Lope I think , however the current versions lacks any type of spark, say what you want about RM's stiff acting but he and KKL sparkled together.  Bridge 2.0 is milquetoast and Lope 2.0 is yawn inducing.  They should have the balls to break up Bridge permanently and go with Tridge since TK had better chemistry with KA - I am saying this as a former Bridge fan who hated Tridge. Same with Lope v2.0, it didn't work - don't revisit, make the breakup permanent.  Have Lope as adversaries - given them non-romantic dramatic storylines, this is where the actors shine with one another.  Breacon we never revisited so it's not an odd concept for the show.

They need to get rid of all the chemistry less couples and pair people based on where the chemistry lies, don't bring in someone with a preset pairing (aka Luna), have that person interact with the cast and see where the chemistry lies and then go with that story.   They brought Luna on for RJ, it's not working break them up and move on.    The only chem test I heard of was AN/MA and we know what happened with evil Thomas. Knowing they had that chemistry, Thomas shouldn't have done all the evil deeds.  SC/JMW work well as a romantic pairing but they killed that with terrible writing, luckily they also work well as friends.  I like SINN but they don't really have that spark.

Bring is some friends for these people, have a rival fashion house - we need an equivalent of Spectra's.

Commit to a signature couple and give them angst that doesn't involve cheating.

More business storylines and less sex.  Those office couches must need a deep clean and fumigation on the regular.

I do understand that chemistry is subjective so my opinion may differ from others.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I do understand that chemistry is subjective so my opinion may differ from others.

I actually think it's reassuring that even when viewers disagree over pairings many of us agree over which pairings actually have chemistry and which do not. I mean, the entire reason for chemistry tests is because chemistry actually isn't entirely subjective. Preferences, however... 

45 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

Those office couches must need a deep clean and fumigation on the regular.

Imagine blue lighting them... 🤢

42 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

Bring is some friends for these people, have a rival fashion house - we need an equivalent of Spectra's.

Oh how I miss thee, Darlene Conley. 😥

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I agree that SC and JMW have really good friend chemistry. Whenever one of them starts getting romantic inclinations towards each other, though, their chemistry dies. What I'd love to see now, and I think their friendship could survive it, would be for Steffy to just lay into him one time. Tell him that she realizes now that she was always his second choice. And his whole "I love you, it's always been you" bullshit now is simply, once again, his reaction to shit going south with Hope. Say she refuses to be his backup plan anymore, and that even if her marriage doesn't survive the current issues, she isn't going to go back to being his placeholder, because she knows now what it's like to be with a man who only loves her. 

Then the show can do some extensive searching for someone who has good chemistry with SC.  When they have their actress, have Liam start volunteering at a dog rescue, or something similar, and meet a new woman there who he has things in common with. 

I still think both KM and AN had the best chemistry with Darrin Brooks (even though AN didn't get romantic scenes with him). And when AN started as Hope, she and SC had really good chemistry, but the writing has killed it over time. 

• Like 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I still think both KM and AN had the best chemistry with Darrin Brooks ...

I'd argue that most people have chemistry with Darin Brooks. He was enjoyable to watch with pretty much anyone when the writing didn't make him an emotional punching bag; his strength was comedy.

Edited by EleanorD
  • Like 11
  • Love 4

When is Eric going back to the office? I know a lot of people got tired of his story line, but I was really into it. I'd like it if they'd check in on his recovery from time to time and then bring him back to the office.

Currently, this show is incapable of balancing more than one story at a time. I'm not sure why.

I think of all of Steffy's relationships, her best chemistry (maybe only) was with Bill. The show should have had the balls to stick with that. I would agree that current Ridge and KA Taylor had more chemistry than he has with KKL, but KA and KKL had more together than with him!

RJ and Luna are dull and chemistry free for me. Sadly the show seems determined to push them. I think the actors playing Thomas and Hope do have chemistry but them being together makes no sense given his past actions regarding her. Thomas is just problematic period.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I am sooooooooo sick of the tongue baths Luna is getting from everyone.  Like her shit don't stink. 🙄

And PLEASE writers, get shirtless RJ off my tv screen!  🙏  He is not sexy! 

That was a nice, heartfelt conversation between Steffy and Finn today.  They really tried to understand each other's feelings.  Too bad the writers will probably break them up.  

• Like 7
(edited)

Doth my eyes deceive me ? Was  Ser Thomas allowed to show *gasp* strong emotions in today’s episode and disagree with the fair maiden Princess Hopeth.. Oh My God Omg GIF

Verily I say onto B&B - giveth Ser Thomas his balls back. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I am sooooooooo sick of the tongue baths Luna is getting from everyone.

She is the new Hope. Everyone praises her and what a good person she is.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, backhometome said:

She is the new Hope. Everyone praises her and what a good person she is.

I said the same thing elsewhere -- B&B is shooting itself in the foot with a classic bad case of telling versus showing.

Two examples: 1) Finn's reaction to Sheila's death, and 2) all the gushing about Luna.

1) Sure, Finn. Sheila was your birth mother, as you've told us eleventy billion times just since last week, but in most scenes we saw of her prior to her unfortunate collision with Steffy's knife she was either threatening your family, someone you loved, or you, yourself, when she wasn't busy shooting at you. So watching you wallow in all this anguish over someone with whom you had the strongest connection when you were still attached to her umbilical cord is, shall we say, a little WEIRD?

Yet the show wants us to believe in and sympathize with your torment at losing the woman who's tormented more of the show's characters—including your wife—than bad dialogue.

2) Whenever a show needs to have characters repeatedly gush over another character and how great they are and how their farts smell like pink roses but we see the character do Not Great Things, and get to see with our own eyeballs how what other characters say about this ~precious character and what ~precious character DOES doesn't match up... there's a problem.

This is the same problem you had with Hope for years, show. Come on. You should know better.

tl;dr When you have to tell viewers instead of showing them there's a problem.

Edited by EleanorD
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

And then there's Carter and Zende today gushing about what a great intern Luna is.  It would be nice if they showed her, you know, working?  So far, the only "work" we've seen her do is hanging onto RJ.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Everyday in every way, Lurch proves he’s a putz to the nth degree. I have to say again that Lurch is so self centered, that he can’t imagine that other people have feelings. 

Casey Stengel, the original manager of the NY Mets, said in their 1962 120 game loss season, “Can’t anyone here play this game”?  To this I say, can’t  anyone on today’s show act?  

• Like 1

Sheila was your birth mother, as you've told us eleventy billion times just since last week, but in most scenes we saw of her prior to her unfortunate collision with Steffy's knife she was either threatening your family, someone you loved, or you, yourself, when she wasn't busy shooting at you. So watching you wallow in all this anguish over someone with whom you had the strongest connection when you were still attached to her umbilical cord is, shall we say, a little WEIRD?

So much this. Yes, Sheila was his birth mother but he didn't know her at all. Were there tons of bonding scenes that I somehow FF'd through?!? He watched her shoot Steffy and himself point blank. Then once his mom saved his life, Sheila nearly killed him again by holding him hostage.

I mean come on. I know people tend to forget all the bad stuff about a person when they die, but this is ridiculous. Plus even if he didn't want to take everyone's else's word about Sheila's past, there is this thing called google and the internet!

I am sooooooooo sick of the tongue baths Luna is getting from everyone.

I hate when soaps do this. It's stupid and boring. Much like the Luna and RJ pairing.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
On 3/8/2024 at 10:53 AM, SweePea59 said:

Which daughter are you talking about? The one she had with Massimo,

Wait. Wait. I'd forgotten this.  That means Sludge has a half sister via Massimo and Sheila, who was once his step-mother. And because Sheila was his step mom, Finn is his step brother as well as his son-in-law.

Oh damn this is just all too incestuous for me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8