Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, grisgris said:

Yes, she did. It was she had the major hots for him as well as trying to leverage his lust for her into a takeover of FC from him. She's show up at his office in the cliched skimpy lingerie under a trench coat and the whole nine yards. She also used to stalk Bill when he and Katie lived at the beach house. She had a habit of waiting until Katie left in a fit of rage then moved in on a vulnerable (and usually buzzed) Bill.

Taylor was aware of what was going on and actively tried to discourage her daughter of pursuing a married man. Steffy's argument was, "I get Bill." (A pet phrase that continues today as her justification for relationships with men.) It sounded so juvenile was so hilarious back then because JMW was so much younger and even though the age difference hasn't changed, it just made the whole scene even more "wrong." (This was also before she started tinkering around with her face and cosmetic surgery.) We used to joke about what Steffy and Bill would talk about in front of the fire at home (talking, right?!) or having her along on an important business dinner. "I get that you need to please the shareholders ... " while solemnly nodding.

The culmination was when one day Bill was over at Taylor's house and he and Steffy were in Steffy's childhood bedroom (that she probably had to share with Phoebe given the lack of BRs in the Belair MANSIONS) and rolling around on the top of the bed when Taylor walked in on them and threw Bill out.

Wowza!  Thank you for this back story @grisgris.  It makes it even more creepy that she has married both of his sons.  And, now, she appears to be siding with him over her current husband.

• Love 3
On 9/22/2017 at 10:52 PM, Anna Yolei said:

But damn Wyatt, you have a woman where your only competition is her inability to butt outta other people's business. For any other character I'd say to run, but that's a huge leg up from being Liam's leftovers.

i don't know...I'm not sure going from Liam's leftovers to his father's leftovers is much of an upgrade :)

• Love 5

Man, I rarely yell at the tv, but when Brooke took off her rings and told $Bill no after he pleaded with her I caught myself yelling at her, "oh, you dick!"

So how long were they happily married?

And what's on the horizon? Sludge? KMN.

Life doesn't suck enough? Show had to break up its best couple ever?

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 6

I know this is soap world where people find the love of their lives 3 times a year and any marriage over 6 months is considered a loooooooooog relationship when most couples get married and divorced with a few months..... But damn .........  the Brill breakup is just too much too soon.

I am sooooo beyond annoyed at Show sacrificing Brill at the altar of GarBridge.  Oh yeah I "get" that Bill did a horrible, terrible, awful, criminal thing. That he's a ruthless guy who lets nothing stand in the way of achieving what he wants.  But Brooke honey it's not like you didn't already know how ruthless Bill is, and that he lets nothing stop him.  Bill didn't get to be a bajillionaire by being sweetness and light.

Brooke -- Bill did what he always does (well made a little more with the arson thing) and now.... now..... you call him out on it?  It's over and you want a divorce because he disappointed you?  Really?  Really?   But Sludge it still your go-to-guy even though he cheated on you the night before your wedding just a few months ago, played keep away all those years while bouncing between you and Taylor, left you over a text message, and generally treated you like a side piece he could go back to whenever he was between romantic entanglements.

And what in the name of all that's sacred is Sludge doing just showing up uninvited at Brooke's house with Slouchy -- ready to move right on into Bill's place before the sheets are cold.  This is low even for Sludge.  Sludge does not make Brooke happy.  He never really has and the TK version certainly doesn't. (See: Chemistry with KKL., does not have).

I do not want Brill over.  I want Bill to fight and claw and do everything he can to show Brooke he has/ will change and to get her back.  I do not want GarBridge round # 9,647.  If they have to break up Brill, let Brooke do a Kelly and choose herself.  Let her tell Sludge and Slouchy to STFU and back off ..... for good****.  Let her tell Slouchy the truth about Sludge so he'll stop with his fantasy of "Mommy 'n Daddy 2gether 4eva".

**** While we're at it could Slouchy just leave the show.  He was gone for over a month after the PSA texting car wreck and not missed At. All.

Edited to add:  What the eff is this rumor about Brad Bell firing Winsor Harmon to recast Thorne?  Heresy I say.  Winsor is Thorne. Always was.  Always will be.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Man, I rarely yell at the tv, but when Brooke took off her rings and told $Bill no after he pleaded with her I caught myself yelling at her, "oh, you dick!"

I laughed way too hard at this. Considering Brooke is known for her 'golden cooter' to hear her being called a dick is a nice change of pace.

24 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

I am sooooo beyond annoyed at Show sacrificing Brill at the altar of GarBridge.  Oh yeah I "get" that Bill did a horrible, terrible, awful, criminal thing. That he's a ruthless guy who lets nothing stand in the way of achieving what he wants.  But Brooke honey it's not like you didn't already know how ruthless Bill is, and that he lets nothing stop him.  Bill didn't get to be a bajillionaire by being sweetness and light.

I don't think Brill is being sacrificed on the GarBridge altar This is about Still. Brooke's about face is so Bill can say to Steffy by mid-October (heck, probably by end of this week) 'You have been the only woman who understands me, accepted me for who I am, never judged me, and never tried to change me.' I don't think GarBridge is long term, but Still just might play out for a year.

And yeah, Brill really had a very short run of being happy. After the stops and starts and hell they put Katie through, this couple should've played out longer. We never saw them enjoying life like he did with Katie. We never saw the awkwardness of Brooke being step-mom to Will when he would visit Bill. Does he still like spaghetti dinners or is he now about taco Tuesdays or beanie weenies? How about a couples dinner night with Steam or a real Spencer family dinner with Brooke as matriarch so we could see this new Spencer family regime. Or another Aspen trip as man and wife as they canoodle in the cabin so that we can have some new damn flashbacks.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

I know this is soap world where people find the love of their lives 3 times a year and any marriage over 6 months is considered a loooooooooog relationship when most couples get married and divorced with a few months..... But damn .........  the Brill breakup is just too much too soon.

Brooke -- Bill did what he always does (well made a little more with the arson thing) and now.... now..... you call him out on it?  It's over and you want a divorce because he disappointed you?  Really?  Really?   But Sludge it still your go-to-guy even though he cheated on you the night before your wedding just a few months ago, played keep away all those years while bouncing between you and Taylor, left you over a text message, and generally treated you like a side piece he could go back to whenever he was between romantic entanglements.

And what in the name of all that's sacred is Sludge doing just showing up uninvited at Brooke's house with Slouchy -- ready to move right on into Bill's place before the sheets are cold.  This is low even for Sludge.  Sludge does not make Brooke happy.  He never really has and the TK version certainly doesn't. (See: Chemistry with KKL., does not have).

I do not want Brill over.  I want Bill to fight and claw and do everything he can to show Brooke he has/ will change and to get her back.  I do not want GarBridge round # 9,647.  If they have to break up Brill, let Brooke do a Kelly and choose herself.  Let her tell Sludge and Slouchy to STFU and back off ..... for good****.  Let her tell Slouchy the truth about Sludge so he'll stop with his fantasy of "Mommy 'n Daddy 2gether 4eva".

**** While we're at it could Slouchy just leave the show.  He was gone for over a month after the PSA texting car wreck and not missed At. All.

Edited to add:  What the eff is this rumor about Brad Bell firing Winsor Harmon to recast Thorne?  Heresy I say.  Winsor is Thorne. Always was.  Always will be.

Thanks for giving me a reason to get 18 - 20 minutes of my day back.

I will NOT under ANY circumstances watch Sludge's rancid, bottom-feeding ass or GarBridge's smug slouchy brat.  

I get it now.  These motherfucking hacks spent several  years building up Brill and asking the audience to invest in the pairing.   They give the Brooke character and her fans the big build-up, the big wedding and then BAM--here comes the big crash.   Who the fuck knew it would happen this soon?  Before Brooke even has a chance to fit into her Spencer matriarch persona?  I should have known though because it's happened way too many times, starting with Throoke.  There's the chase, the big romance, the exotic locations, the big wedding and Brooke swearing that she's moved on from her "destineeee" along with the big speeches about how such-a-such man has always been there for her and has never let her down.  I should have seen it coming the moment Brooke kept talking about how Bill was loyal and never let her down and was there for her.  Of course, he was bound to disappoint her and rather than keep the couple together and have them try to work on the issues, here we are with another round of GarBridge complete with teases and bones to keep viewers on their seats with the "who will she choose?" bullshit.  Here's a novel approach writers.  Since you have shown repeatedly that this character is NEVER going to be happy, just leave her the fuck alone and have her live life on her own terms.  Frankly, I don't care if she has 1 lover or 20 at this point.  Just leave her the fuck alone and don't let her get married anymore.  It's just too utterly exhausting for me to watch as a Brooke fan I grew sick of it years ago.  But, silly me--I figured if you let Brooke get married to Bill at 50-something, that would be IT.

Oh, and if the writers were trying to recreate that soapy goodness we were treated to when Brooke and Bill organically ran into each other in Australia by trying to make lightning strike again by having her run off to Forrester Creations of all places--EPIC FUCKING FAIL, motherfuckers.  Why?  Because it's too predictable not to mention too stupid.

To team Bell--Fuck y'all.  Fuck every last one of y'all for this shit.  Don't even THINK of revisiting Brill either when you want some angst injected into whatever "stink"* can generate.  Because, that's another favorite trope, as well, when it comes to Brooke.  Stuffy's basic ass can't generate any excitement or interest, and then--BAM!  Brooke has to be thrown into it.  I don't want to see it.

And, No--I will NOT watch Stuffy's basic, ugly ass attempt to be "that woman" for every guy on this show over 12.  I was about to say every guy she's not related to, but I forgot she humped her uncle.  So, yes--build your show around that bitch because I'm not watching.

*I refuse to honor that shit with the moniker "Still."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, La di Diva said:

Brooke -- Bill did what he always does (well made a little more with the arson thing) and now.... now..... you call him out on it? 

I still don't understand why, to Brooke, Bill getting Ridge to be dumped out of a helicopter is a more forgivable offense than this.  At least he could rationalize that he had it planned for nobody to get hurt in the fire (not that that makes it any better), but throwing someone out of a helicopter cannot be anything but attempted murder.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9

I just don't know how much longer I can hang in.

Brill - ruined and Rumple is waiting in the wings with some more wilted rose petals

Tally - ruined (I get PF wanted to leave but to have it end via a phone call and no comeuppance for Carolyin') - bullshit!

Still on the horizon (and this coming from someone who actually rooted for Still the first go-round, that's how much I hated Katie)

Sheila is still on the loose

I mean, what is there left to watch?

ETA - And the Thorne recast...WTAF??? Fuck this show with a bag of dicks.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

I'm with you. Let Brooke stay single if no one is willing to give her any kind of a  happy relationship.

How many people need to be sacrificed for Garbridge? Conor Davis, Grant Chambers, Thorne, Nick, Ashley (granted she'd have dropped Ridge if Victor came a-callin'...damn, wouldn't that have been a refreshing change....except for the seeing Victor win part) Katie and now Bill. And that's not even counting all the drama between their two families getting sucked in, like Rick's continued whinefests, The Pair That Shall Not Be Named, all the rubbish of the early 2010s with Hope and Steffy, and Steph and Taylor's spiral into Harpyville in their later years.

Kill it with fire. I'd rather see Donald Trump do the Macerena naked before I sit through Failed Attempt at GarBridge #8472. NuRidge had more chemistry with LIAM when the two of there were blowing their weenie wads over Quinn last year than he's even shown with Brooke.

• Love 4
Just now, TobinAlbers said:

Ho.ly. Cow.

New Thorne has been cast.

Don't click if you don't want to know!

Now, I'm curious about whom they are going to chem test him against.  Ironically, he was supposed to be with Rena Sofer's GH character, Lois, back in the day.  However, the actor indicated he has been reading up on Brooke and Thorne's relationship, which sounds a little ominous to me.

I was hoping he would be brought on to avenge Aly's death.  But, at the rate things are going, Thorne will end up kissing Stuffy's corn-encrusted and hammer-toed feet and thanking her for getting rid of his only child.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MulletorHater said:

Now, I'm curious about whom they are going to chem test him against.  Ironically, he was supposed to be with Rena Sofer's GH character, Lois, back in the day.  However, the actor indicated he has been reading up on Brooke and Thorne's relationship, which sounds a little ominous to me.

I was hoping he would be brought on to avenge Aly's death.  But, at the rate things are going, Thorne will end up kissing Stuffy's corn-encrusted and hammer-toed feet and thanking her for getting rid of his only child.

Ewwwww, at the Stuffy toe kissing, LOL.

Yep, I can see him with Rena but also with Katie.  Not seeing him with Brooke.

I do find it funny that the actors they get to play Thorne don't have the 'right' accents. WH was Texan and the newest one an Aussie accent.

• Love 3

Every time I look at Brooke's ring I wonder which gum ball machine Bill got it from. 

Eric and Ridge kiss and make up and the moment is ruined by slouchy.  Can he just go back to boarding school. Also, what happened to Coco going to school to learn about the fashion business. Being a student is not required to be an intern but wasn't that the original premise of Coco coming to LA?  

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

New Thorne is a good looking man, but this isn't what Thorne is supposed to look like! Ugh :(

All of the Thornes have been attractive except for #2, he was ok.

I would hope they don't pair Thorne with Quinn.  Brooke is newly freed (and would probably have better chemistry with Thorne #4 than with Ridge.)

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Thorne/Sally friendship.  Perhaps Thorne is sick and tired of being passed over and decides to help Spectra in Darla and Aly's names.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

All of the Thornes have been attractive except for #2, he was ok.

I would hope they don't pair Thorne with Quinn.  Brooke is newly freed (and would probably have better chemistry with Thorne #4 than with Ridge.)

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Thorne/Sally friendship.  Perhaps Thorne is sick and tired of being passed over and decides to help Spectra in Darla and Aly's names.

I could definitely see Thorne throwing his money behind the new Spectra Fashions out of sentiment also.  It would draw on the show's history (which they routinely rewrite to fit the plot) and make a great deal of sense.  

Given that Eric and Sludge have kissed and made up without any hard work on either of their parts, it would be just like TIIC to have them make up just to have a more ruthless version of Thorne to come in and upset the apple cart.  It would warm my cynical heart if he could bounce the Marone faction of the family out the door so fast that their asses hit the ground before the feet do.

As an added bonus, it would serve Sludge and Slouchy right if Jack Marone showed up on Brooke's doorstep demanding that she remarry his dad so that they could be a family especially since that's the way these mofos are rolling now.

• Love 5

the Brill breakup is just too much too soon.

I guess I'll sit alone at my table because there isn't any way for me to care less about Brooke and Bill together or breaking up. I cannot stand this pairing. I can't.

Brooke with Thorne again - esp new Thorne? I could roll with that. Seriously that was the only pairing of Brooke's I could ever stand.

• Love 5

Just wow. The writers can't introduce any new men or women on this show for the old characters to interact with in business or romance? They just retred all of the old ones again and again and again. Thorne has been in the basement for years without showing his face and now a new one comes upstairs? LOL. This is too stupid for words. 

• Love 2

It's a joke, right? I'm literally in shock with Ingo Rademacher being cast as Thorne. I think he's a foot taller then TK. Anyway, I thought IR liked doing side gigs and GH when asked. I guess doing a half hour show with an international fan base  was up his alley. I think IR is amazing looking but this recast is so unnecessary. The cast is already bloated as it is. Also, I always thought WH was fine as Thorne and even better when he had material. He was alaways the step child to Ridge & Ronn Moss & Brad Bell. 

• Love 1

Couldn't they have brought IR on board as a new character -- and maybe hooked him up with poor, neglected, gorgeous Ivy? Perhaps as someone she knew from back home, so he could've used his natural accent?

Oy, this show. I'm finding it harder and harder to stick with it. The chuckles I get from you folks is the only reason I stay at this point.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think IR is amazing looking but this recast is so unnecessary. The cast is already bloated as it is. Also, I always thought WH was fine as Thorne and even better when he had material. He was alaways the step child to Ridge & Ronn Moss & Brad Bell. 

I agree about IR, and I really, really agree about the cast, which is why I have to wonder who will be dropped altogether, or put on recurring status, to make room for IR.  While B&B has lost two heartthrobs in PF and RF, I'm guessing that their salaries, multiplied by 2, may not come close to a vet like IR's.  I have to believe that some cuts are coming.

I'm someone who reads soap magazines and follows what the actors say when they're interviewed, and the fact that it looks like Brill may really be done at this point is shocking to me, and probably stunned the heck out of DD and KKL, because they talked in joint interviews done in August (not even June or May) about how they hoped Brill would last for awhile because Brooke is everything to Bill, and Brooke was realizing how Bill was the one man she could depend on, etc.   Makes me think that PF's exit, in particular, caused B&B to look at who they could get who was a name, a handsome romantic lead, and shake up the canvas like no one's business, because if they do Still, or Liam/Sally, I would guess that getting IR on the show was the catalyst for all those changes, especially if (and it's a big if) Thorne is going to interact with  Brooke again.  Kimberlin Brown's arrival stopped Quidge, and whatever they were doing with Katie/Eric, and indirectly resulted in Wyatt/Katie, as well as Ridge's renewed interest in Brooke which we're seeing now.   Based on what we've been seeing in the past two weeks alone, Ingo's arrival promises to have even bigger changes in store for the show.

Hey, I admit that I said on this board that with Tally ending and PF exiting, B&B needed to up the ante on romance with the few couples they had left.  Looks like they may be trying to do just that, but I'm not sure how successful these changes will be.  

• Love 4

Well, hells bells, people.  What the hell.....

Perhaps to make this story full circle perhaps the idiots in charge could bring back Brooke's first love, Dave.  He's successful (he started a security company after his policeman days were over), his kids are grown, gone, and given him two grandsons and a granddaughter that are now young adults (25+), he's recently widowed, and in town with one of his gransdons to advise Sally on a security and fire alarm system at her recently upgraded building.....

Dave runs into Brooke at Il Giardino and they catch up on each other's lives.......

Damn it all to hell.....I need to write stories for this show, because lather, rinse, and repeat just ain't workin'.

Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 6

Personally, I would have preferred a recast Nick. He has a son who could've been paired with any of the younger set (or Saul!) and given the unique circumstances of his conception could've been a rival for Slouchy so he'd have something to occupy his time beyond cheerleading his garbage ass father.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Personally, I would have preferred a recast Nick. He has a son who could've been paired with any of the younger set (or Saul!) and given he unique circumstances of his conception could've been a rival for Slouchy so he'd have something to occupy his time beyond cheerleading his garbage ass father.

Slouchy.does.not.know.what.to.do.with.his.arms. They must be a foot longer then his body because he is always folding them. I wish one of the directors would tell him to knock it off. Thank you. 

• Love 4

It's my understanding that IR was not initially going to be brought on as Thorne, but as a character for 11 episodes and then all of a sudden he was "Thorne." Allegedly the actor himself was surprised.

Here's how you can trim the cast to accomdate IR's salary:

1. Sheila coerces Charlie into helping her kidnap & drug Quinn.  Sheila & Charlie are caught. Sheila & Charlie are sent to prison for decades.

2. Nicole stays with Zende in Paris.  They are not recast. 

3. Thomas & Caroline marry & decide to start their own design house in NYC. The "I'm big mad b/c I've been passed over" storyline goes back to Thorne.

4. Coco has decided to attend Parsons so she'll need to go to NYC right away.

5. RJ applies to and goes to college on the East Coast. 

6. Grams decides to concentrate on her bakery, with only occasional visits to Sally.  (Darlita & Saul can stay b/c they aren't on that much)

7. And unless Rick mixes it up with Thorne and/or Ridge for control of Forrester, he & Maya can go start the new London division.

One character who probably should get a bit more airtime is CJ, who is Sally's cousin, Aly's uncle & Thorne's former brother in law.  Perhaps CJ & Sally 1.0 decide they want to be investors in the New Spectra but Sally tells them she has a secret investor...who turns out to be Thorne.

I do like the idea of Dave.  Perhaps Brooke is surfing Facebook and sees Dave in her "people you may know" list.  She clicks on his profile & is reminded of a simpler time in her life.  She friends him, they reconnect, he's divorced with 2 kids ... take it from there.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, kimmy482 said:

Couldn't they have brought IR on board as a new character -- and maybe hooked him up with poor, neglected, gorgeous Ivy? Perhaps as someone she knew from back home, so he could've used his natural accent?

Oy, this show. I'm finding it harder and harder to stick with it. The chuckles I get from you folks is the only reason I stay at this point.

According to Ingo: 

My managers called me up and said B&B was interested in my doing this 11-episode character, and I said, “Sweet. Let’s do it.” But then, as I understand it, [executive producer] Brad Bell had a change of heart and wanted to give me a full-time, contract role.

I suspect the 'change of heart' was having to write Thomas out/crap, Summer of Sheila is tanking we need a huge ratings spike. 

Ingo would've totally been perfect as an old friend/lover of Ivy's who comes to town and stirs things up a bit. 

Edit: @drivethroo beat me to it.  Sorry for the repeat info.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

According to Ingo: 

My managers called me up and said B&B was interested in my doing this 11-episode character, and I said, “Sweet. Let’s do it.” But then, as I understand it, [executive producer] Brad Bell had a change of heart and wanted to give me a full-time, contract role.

I suspect the 'change of heart' was having to write Thomas out/crap, Summer of Sheila is tanking we need a huge ratings spike. 

Ingo would've totally been perfect as an old friend/lover of Ivy's who comes to town and stirs things up a bit. 

I wouldn't mind IR & AB being hooked up even though he's 20 years older then her. I guess if Eric can do it why can't Thorne?! LOL!!! I'm just curious to see the Ridge & Thorne dynamic. I think it's gonna stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not too optimistic about this. This could be a recast fail. Sort of like when they replaced Alyson Rice Taylor with Susan Batten on ATWT. That was beyond awful. Of course, IR is perfect in the looks department and can act. I still prefer him on GH with Laura Wright. Even, LW was shocked by it per her twitter. This recasting was really on the down low.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Ivy & Thorne are first cousins so that's not going to work.

The 20 years younger person Thorne would hook up with would be Sally.

Totally forgot they were cousins. LOL!! Although, Ridge did almost date Bridget. Gross!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Ivy & Thorne are first cousins so that's not going to work.

The 20 years younger person Thorne would hook up with would be Sally.

I'm wondering if Thorne's ultimate hook-up is Sally's yet to be cast mother or perhaps Thorne already knows Sally's mother as in Thorne finally gets his long lost child in the form of replacement daughter Sally!  

Although that would mean that Sally hooked up with her cousin Thomas so they probably won't go there, but they should. Maybe Coco will end up his kid instead.

• Love 2

What I'd like to see happen is Thorne has been reading about what's been going on with Spectra in the news.  He's been upset at the rest of the Forresters because they haven't been there for him in his time of need, from losing his only child. They haven't called him, they haven't checked on him, they barely talked to him after Eric's stroke.  He remembers how Aly had dreams of designing herself but those dreams were cut short by Steffy.  Now Steffy is co-CEO of Forrester.  Thorne calls CJ and wants to know how he can invest in Spectra Fashions.  CJ calls Sally 2.0 and tells her he & another person want to invest in the new Spectra Fashions.  CJ asks Sally to meet him at the Spectra building to meet with a potential investor in Spectra Fashions, she agrees.

Before the meeting, Sally goes to Il Gardino to have lunch.  She is in the middle of remembering being there with Thomas when Liam interrupts her memories.  They chat about how things are going with Spectra, blah blah.  Very innocent but Steffy arrives at Il Gardino and sees them there.  She hides behind a bush so they won't see her. Sally leaves, then Steffy calls Liam on his cell to say something came up at Forrester & she'll see him at home.

Sally arrives at the Spectra building & is telling Grams, Darlita & Saul that CJ wanted to meet with her to talk about investors when CJ arrives.  He tells her he, Sally 1.0 & the 3rd person want to invest in the new Spectra.  When Sally asks who the mystery investor is, Thorne comes into the office.  Sally asks who he is, and CJ explains this is Thorne Forrester, Aly's dad and Macy's ex-husband.  As they get to know each other, Steffy arrives at the Spectra office to tell Sally off once again and sees Thorne there.  When Steffy demands to know why Thorne is there, he announces he will be investing in Spectra Fashions.  Steffy tells Thorne he can't do that & he tells her he sure can, just like she sho' could kill his daughter.

Then you could have Steffy leave and gorunteldat to Eric & Ridge.  Hijinks ensue.

• Love 10

I could hardly bear to watch.

Brill ending is just so, so, so wrong, especially when we all know it's going to lead to GarBridge reunion 666. While I can't disagree that Bill did some despicable things, how hypocritical that Brooke could forgive and forgive and forgive when it's Ridge involved, most especially Ridge raping her while she was zonked out from medication and forgiving him for insta-forgiving his mother (and forgiving Stephanie herself) for orchestrating her second rape. After everything she and Bill have been through, to have it end this way, is just a kick in the crotch to those of us who loved Brill and hung in, hoping we would finally be rewarded.

I wasn't expecting her to insta-forgive Bill. No, I expected her to ride him like the Pony Express until he made things right - with his son, with Sally, and with her. As Bill had said, scream, fight, throw things, but don't walk away...and certainly not back to the hobo's arms.

Those scenes where Shaggy and Scrappy Don't just waltz into her home to assure her she did the right thing (fuck both of them) and it's right on the heels of watching Brooke think back on her fondest memories (I think seeing their reunion in Sydney was the most painful of all). Ridge holding her as she cries and calling her "Logan." Fuck me now. 

Also mind-boggling is Eric aka Scooby Dum forgiving Ridge for cheating with his wife. Those wonderful, angsty scenes between JMc and TK were all for naught. It just cheapens all of that and makes Brooke kicking Bill to the curb all that more ridiculous. 

I seriously don't know why I'm still watching.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Perhaps to make this story full circle perhaps the idiots in charge could bring back Brooke's first love, Dave.  He's successful (he started a security company after his policeman days were over), his kids are grown, gone, and given him two grandsons and a granddaughter that are now young adults (25+), he's recently widowed, and in town with one of his gransdons to advise Sally on a security and fire alarm system at her recently upgraded building.....

Dave runs into Brooke at Il Giardino and they catch up on each other's lives.......

Damn it all to hell.....I need to write stories for this show, because lather, rinse, and repeat just ain't workin'.

I just logged on to suggest that they bring back Dave!   It would be a great storyline to have Brooke revisit her life before she met the Forresters.  We all look back on past relationships and wonder, "what if I had stayed with him/her?".  It would be so much better than Brooke bouncing back and forth between Ridge and Bill.

SIMPLEPLEASURES, I agree, you should be writing for this show. :) 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, SingerIslander said:

I agree about IR, and I really, really agree about the cast, which is why I have to wonder who will be dropped altogether, or put on recurring status, to make room for IR.  While B&B has lost two heartthrobs in PF and RF, I'm guessing that their salaries, multiplied by 2, may not come close to a vet like IR's.  I have to believe that some cuts are coming.

I'm someone who reads soap magazines and follows what the actors say when they're interviewed, and the fact that it looks like Brill may really be done at this point is shocking to me, and probably stunned the heck out of DD and KKL, because they talked in joint interviews done in August (not even June or May) about how they hoped Brill would last for awhile because Brooke is everything to Bill, and Brooke was realizing how Bill was the one man she could depend on, etc.   Makes me think that PF's exit, in particular, caused B&B to look at who they could get who was a name, a handsome romantic lead, and shake up the canvas like no one's business, because if they do Still, or Liam/Sally, I would guess that getting IR on the show was the catalyst for all those changes, especially if (and it's a big if) Thorne is going to interact with  Brooke again.  Kimberlin Brown's arrival stopped Quidge, and whatever they were doing with Katie/Eric, and indirectly resulted in Wyatt/Katie, as well as Ridge's renewed interest in Brooke which we're seeing now.   Based on what we've been seeing in the past two weeks alone, Ingo's arrival promises to have even bigger changes in store for the show.

Hey, I admit that I said on this board that with Tally ending and PF exiting, B&B needed to up the ante on romance with the few couples they had left.  Looks like they may be trying to do just that, but I'm not sure how successful these changes will be.  

Based on a Tweet that KKL posted a little over a week ago, she expressed her frustration (in a professional way, of course) with this foolery.  Evidently, the actors--KKL, DD and TK--have been getting an earful from irate fans and KKL indicated she understood why fans were upset that Brooke was not allowed to at least try to work things out with Bill.  She indicated everything was up to the writers, and not the actors.  It's probably the closest she has come to criticizing the sloppy ass hatchet job on Brill.  I've also seen pretty creative hashtags from fans who are expressing their disgust, i.e. #RidgeAintShit, being a prominent one.  Whatever support there is for GarBridge is muted at best.  I won't even touch on how the "summer of fucking Sheila" screwed up so many things, including Quidge and what should have been the long-term consequences of that.  Now, ratchet-ass Ridge is instantly forgiven with no one outside his circle of fambly being the wiser and he shows up with Slouchy in tow like a vagabond looking for somewhere to lay his greasy head.  Nor, did we get to see the much-anticipated fallout from the Carolyn' is dyin' storyline, which should have resulted in ThomAss not only dropping that whiny bitch like a sack of soggy potatoes but dragging his sister by the pelts on her head for filth for manipulating his life yet again. 

11 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

SimplePleasures, I LOVE this!!  I remember Brooke's first proposal and remember giggling my butt off when Brooke mentioned that it would probably be the only marriage proposal she would ever receive.  I love the prospect of Brooke revisiting her roots and wondering how her life would have turned out as the wife of a LAPD police sergeant, who ultimately went on to bigger and better things.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Based on a Tweet that KKL posted a little over a week ago, she expressed her frustration (in a professional way, of course) with this foolery.  Evidently, the actors--KKL, DD and TK--have been getting an earful from irate fans and KKL indicated she understood why fans were upset that Brooke was not allowed to at least try to work things out with Bill.  She indicated everything was up to the writers, and not the actors.  It's probably the closest she has come to criticizing the sloppy ass hatchet job on Brill. 

I really have to hand it to KKL (actually, the whole cast) for the professional way they handle their opinions about these idiotic SLs. I've only once ever heard of KKL using her voice to veto a story, and I only ever heard Ronn Moss blast that godawful Ridget story after he'd left the show. It's kinda refreshing from then BTS shitshow of Y&R with Eric Braeden's ego, Gina Tognoni cheerleading for Philly and the years of Michael Muhney's bullshit. I'm just glad he and Victoria Roswell (another shit stirring drama queen!) were never on the show at the same time. The producers would need a trip to Fairview themselves dealing with both of them.

But anyway, the scattershot way Bell goes from shiny object to shiny object does shed some light as to why Moss and Flannery (who had already been setting up for her retirement from the show with her cancer storyline) pulled up stakes when they did.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

I wouldn't want Brooke & Deacon back together, it's just a reminder of how she betrayed her own daughter.  I would love for Brooke to take some time off from romance but eventually reunite with Bill.  Or even Thorne (or even Eric) but definitely not back with Ridge.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I guess I'll sit alone at my table because there isn't any way for me to care less about Brooke and Bill together or breaking up. I cannot stand this pairing. I can't.

Save me a seat! Long time lurker here. I greatly enjoy all of your posts but I can't abide my girl Brooke with that neanderthal Bill.   He is just such a misogynist asshole. There is nothing redeemable about his character. I hate him as much as y'all hate Ridge. The way he treats women who "get in his way", whether Hope, Amber or Sally is deplorable (Yup, if the B&B characters were real, I'll bet Bill voted happily for 45).  He doesn't love anyone but his ego.  Ridge is problematic yes, but at the end of the day I don't think he hates women the way Bill does.  He makes my skin crawl. If they killed him off tomorrow I'd be overjoyed.

Edited by LexieBNYC
  • Love 6

And just like that; it is over.

Are we looking at a Bridge reunion?

Normally, given yesterday’s events, I would say yes, but I am not getting those vibes this time. Yes, Ridge was there at Brooke’s lowest, and yes he told her he loved her and he hugged her, but it was the things he didn’t say that struck me. There was no “I knew it was a matter of time”, “I knew Bill would fuck it up”, “How could you marry that guy anyway”. Ridge usually goes in for the kill while the wounds are fresh, but he seemed like he was just there for support and as a friend. I can take that. I can take them being friends. I cannot take them as friends with benefits. I see they have recast Thorne, and this would be the prime time to revisit my most favorite ever Brooke pairing. Except not. After getting jilted by Ridge in Australia, and really seeing and understanding what kind of person Bill is, the best thing for Brooke is to be alone and get her head on straight. Now, if Thorne wants to comfort her too, and support her as a friend that leads to more? I am alright with that, after all, it was their friendship that led them to each other the first time.

Losing Brooke is going to really send Bill around the bend. I have to admit that I don’t know what to think about Bill right now. He comes to Brooke swearing he has learned his lesson and regrets what he did; at the same time he is still working with Justin to undermine Liam. That tells me he isn’t the least bit regretful and is once again lying to Brooke. And I am still convinced he is playing Steffy, and it will only be a matter of time before those two go boink in the night. They are just writing Bill all over the place, maybe on purpose, but it is most unsettling.

It was nice to see Eric and Ridge mend their fences. Funny how that happened right as Thorne is set to return to the canvas. I can’t help but think Eric and Ridge reuniting isn’t going to play into Thorne’s return somehow. Maybe they will be taking Thorne in a new direction? Maybe more like this:

Man, that was such good times on B&B, and I will miss Windsor very much. What I find kind of funny is Eric will now have two foreign sons; one German and the other Australian.

I agree with others that this recast should have been for Ivy.

• Love 8

@RuntheTable, WH was so, so good and so very underrated during his tenure on the show. He more than held his own with JMc and SF unlike the wooden RM. 

It's a shame they are bringing Thorne back and for what sounds like a frontburner storyline and not letting WH step back into the role he more than made his own.

I didn't realize TK was German (makes his difficulties hiding his accent make much more sense now). Call me silly but I always thought he was Irish.

Brooke and Ridge as friends... I would be ok with that IF I trusted Ridge but since I trust Ridge about as far as I can throw him and I can't even pick him up, well, there you go.

• Love 4

I'm the most excited to hear Ridge & Thorne, the children of Stephanie & Eric Forrester, raised in the same LA house, with 2 very distinctly un-LA accents! Towards the end of his GH run, IR's accent had lessened a lot, but it was still there. 

Also, I meant to comment on Friday, while TK's chemistry with LG was fabulous, & definitely my favorite pairing of his, the actor that he by far has the most chemistry with is DD. Seriously, those 2 are made for scenes with each other. 

• Love 4

Just a theory here, but Brad Bell, for all his faults and personal faves and inability to follow through with storylines, etc., must know that Bridge is not working now that RM is gone and TK is there.  Since TK joined, I've felt  that Bell realizes this and therefore goes only so far with Bridge, but no farther, which is why two Bridge engagements with TK as Ridge have ended right before the I Dos (one at the altar with Katie's fake fainting and one the day before in Australia).  Both Katie and Quinn gave Ridge other options which B&B appeared to want to pursue, and it sure seemed to me that he wanted to see what Brill would be like.  As a result, I'm not convinced that Bridge is truly reuniting, especially if IR is reading up on Thorne's history with Brooke, as he said in his interview with Michael Logan.  B&B pays lip service (a lot of lip service) to Bridge as Destiny, but I don't see the show pulling the trigger. 

I also am wondering how many veteran male leads over the age of 45 a 30-minute daytime drama (19 min. without commercials) can feature before one of them drops to recurring or leaves altogether.  There are a lot of alpha males of a certain age on B&B now, is all I'm saying. 

• Love 4

Thorsten Kaye and Ingo Rademacher are actually both German.  Born and raised in Germany until about they were about ten, when they both relocated to England and Australia, respectively.  Now, both are playing characters born and raised in L.A.  Those accents are going to be hilarious.

Loved that YT clip of WH losing it as Thorne.  That was one for the books.  Eric pointing at Thorne and telling him to stop his childish (but completely justified) outburst was amusing.  I've always enjoyed JM and Susan Flannery when they've taken decidedly parental tones with their adult children. 

• Love 4

I am hoping that the reason Bell recast Thorne with IR is because he is rebooting the character.  I can't see IR playing Thorne as the passive kid brother.  I am not blaming WH, Thorne has been written that way since the beginning of the show.  I would like to see IR's Thorne come back, kick Ridge and the Taytots asses and take his rightful place in the family and at Forrester.  It would be icing on the cake if they could figure out a way to bring back a stronger and empowered Aly.    

• Love 7

Dear God in Heaven (as my beloved Katherine Chancellor so often said) what were those black things masquerading as eyebrows on Fauxdi's face?  Caterpillars?  A Mario Brothers mustache?  Black velcro? 

They were so awful I was mesmerized by the awful-ness  and could barely pay attention to her and Bill.  Is it my imagination or did Fauxdi look like she was going in for the big smooch and then changed her mind at the last minute.

Totally floved Liam telling her to stay out of it while he and $Holla were going at each other.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

I'm the most excited to hear Ridge & Thorne, the children of Stephanie & Eric Forrester, raised in the same LA house, with 2 very distinctly un-LA accents! Towards the end of his GH run, IR's accent had lessened a lot, but it was still there. 

Also, I meant to comment on Friday, while TK's chemistry with LG was fabulous, & definitely my favorite pairing of his, the actor that he by far has the most chemistry with is DD. Seriously, those 2 are made for scenes with each other. 

It was already like that - WH has had an inexplicable Southern accent pretty much from the start!

• Love 2

I like IR very much from his GH days but - and no offense to KKL, who is still gorgeous - I don't really see the show putting those 2 together. 10 years age difference is a lot in HD.   (Maybe a fling for old times sake?) 

I imagine DD is having fun playing $Bill but what a waste of a good couple. It would have been nice to see Brooke playing the Spencer matriarch over the holidays - or at least planning for them.  They couldn't drag it out another 8 - 10 weeks?   

• Love 13