Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I doubt Brooke will have a fuck to give about about Dollar's manipulation.  She didn't when it was her own child, why would she bother about someone else's? They'll be fine. 

Old man Forrester never changes. There is consistency.  Sheila told him the truth when the ones that are supposed to love him were lying. No surprise that he trusts her now despite the past, he trusted Quinn despite hers and his entire family.  Watching Sheila work him is the most interesting thing going on to me.

• Love 9
(edited)

Recap for Wed. 7/26/17:

We open at the Forrester mansion where a pissed Ridge is demanding that Steffy tell him where Eric and Sheila are, arguing how dangerous she is and her history (which includes shooting Taylor).

Ridge-steffy-danger-BB-CBS-300x175.jpg

Steffy tries to deflect, saying that this is all his and Quinn's fault, which, true. She then confesses that she shot Sheila with Stephanie's gun and grazed her, the cops came, but Sheila covered and it was much a-do about nothing.

Steffy lets it slip that they're at a hotel and with that tidbit, Ridge is a dog with a bone and insists he needs to talk to Eric. 

Steffy finally agrees to tell him where he is.

Ridge takes off, but not before telling Steffy that he won't be going to Monte Carlo and to explain to everyone he'll be absent. Steffy looks none too happy about any of this.

Steffy.jpg.858c088cc6f8bf5285f7e8ed99f4019d.jpg

On the one hand, damn, she caved easily! On the other, they need to get the show on the fucking road already.

Over at the hotel, Sheila and Eric are sitting on the bed, talking about his family being concerned about him.

Sheila-Eric-gripe-BB-CBS-300x175.jpg

Sheila: "I hope Ridge doesn't find out where you are." Too late.

Eric: "I don't want to see any of them yet."

They discuss Ridge and Quinn confessing and Eric finally comes to the same conclusion I've had ever since said confession, they only confessed because they were about to be outed.

Eric: "I no longer trust either of them." It's a fair point.

Sheila reassures Eric that she was in the same hotel by sheer coincidence and that she's truly concerned about his situation.

Sheila: "I promise you that I will keep your family away...if that's what you need." 

Sheila2.thumb.jpg.47861dafabee84f1e0b1184c57d7580e.jpg

Eric doesn't directly answer her but continues to grouse about being snowed by his wife and son.

There's a knock at the door.

Eric goes to answer it.

Eric.jpg.b29d1c521cb08c89121cfabb8204e347.jpg

What perfect timing...

Ridge.jpg.fba16b185d7443a20819a46172f6f5a8.jpg

Over at SP, Caroline is freaking out (with some horrible overacting by LG, I might add) over Bill's lying to Thomas that she's dying.

Caroline, screeching: "Why would you DO that?"

Caroline-reaction-BB-CBS.jpg

Bill is calm as can be: "You asked for my help."

Caroline, screeching even louder: "You telling him I'm dying isn't helping!!!"

She insists she won't go along with this (uh huh) while Bill just laughs at how easily he convinced Thomas and she really starts to lose her shit then.

Bill, of course, finds his despicable actions completely justifiable and Caroline stares at him and come the fuck on, Caroline, with this Bambi naivete look. She had to have heard the stories about what he did to Hope, not to mention his ruthlessness in other  parts of his life. Lying about her dying might not have entered her mind, but to have such shock, is more suspension of disbelief than I can take.

Caroline insists again: "I won't win Thomas back this way." I beg to differ. I think she'll get him anyway she can and keep him just long enough for Sally to move on and then discard him like so much used Kleenex.

At SF, Thomas is clearly distracted, thinking about Caroline dying while an oblivious Sally is excited about the upcoming showdown in Monte Carlo. She's equally excited about getting her first trip on a private jet, even if it is owned by Bill.

Speaking of Bill, she asks about their meeting earlier and Thomas looks decidedly unsettled by that.

Thomas: "Bill's not out to get us. I thought that at first, but I was wrong." Thomas, are you really that stupid? Of course he's out to get you, so he can get his greedy little hands on the ground SF sits on. A great big WORD to everyone who has said why this piece of property when there must be dozens or more in that area that would work just as well, if not better. It's pure plot contrivance. Sally looks skeptical for a moment, but you can see she wants to believe him.

Sally: "Thanks to you, I've never felt more alive." She looks so happy here and it's heartbreaking, knowing her world is about to crumble around her.

Sally.jpg.9100c05263022f58fcc48d5fd1e8ae70.jpg

She embraces him and they share a quick kiss, but it's clear from Thomas' expression that his thoughts are elsewhere.

Later, she is alone with Grams and shares the happy news that Bill had a change of heart regarding his plans to reunite Thomas and Caroline, telling her grandmother that she's not worried about Caroline anymore.

Sally2.jpg.f33f53777a718ca7b5ce51e18e1bc4a7.jpg

Grams doesn't look quite as convinced but (mostly) keeps her opinion to herself.

Sally is going to be so devastated (presuming the truth doesn't come out to blow up in both Caroline and Bill's faces right away). She thought she was hurt by Bill before, that was nothing in comparison to now.

Back at SP, Thomas has arrived and before he can speak, Caroline blurts out: "My uncle did...something...and I didn't know he was going to do it."

Bill hangs out by the door, so smug and self-assured that his big little lie is going to play out masterfully.

Thomas just stares at her, thinking she's referring to Bill telling him she's dying against her wishes that no one know.

Caroline: "I don't even know what to say right now. Because I don't want you to worry about me or Douglas."

Thomas reaches for her hands: "Caroline, look, I can help."

Thomas1.thumb.jpg.a37dfe902d382549a5df7a501aae73c0.jpg

She shrugs him off: "No! I don't need help!" 

Thomas insists he won't let her go through this alone - he won't let that happen.

Caroline: "No, no...cause you have this whole life, you have Monaco and this fashion show and.." Tell him the motherfucking truth!

Thomas: "No, that doesn't matter, that doesn't matter. I have to think about my son. What are we gonna do without you?"

Caroline.thumb.jpg.af97ab25f4981e2f9194b7e9a6dfa3f7.jpg

Caroline does look torn up over this. She wanted him back (or at least wanted him to want her) but not like this. I have a feeling she'll squelch her misgivings right quick.

Bill stands in the background, clearly enjoying this. All that's missing is the popcorn. Popcorn I'd like to shove down his peacock throat right now.

Thomas: "What is Thomas going to do without the most important person in his life?

Caroline, in tears now, "You're just as important."

Bill, helpful as ever: "A little boy needs his dad." 

Caroline's expression matches mine with this hypocrisy at its not so finest line.

Caroline2.thumb.jpg.3b6c6316f27d607d9c5424125944b7ee.jpg

Thomas: "I have wanted to be there and I am going to be there for you and Douglas and I am going to spend as much time with you as I can while you are still here...I want you to teach me everything." Caroline looks like she's going to puke, but then, I see it, the first tiny hint of realization that for now, this could work and she needs it to work just long enough for everything Thomas has with Sally to be eviscerated beyond repair so that she'll win as the default choice.

Caroline: "I know that Douglas would love that."

Bill: "Proud of you, Thomas." For what? Being gullible? "The man wants to step up, be the kind of father that little boy needs." And what kind of father are you, Bill? 

Caroline is calmer now and talks about how much Douglas has missed Thomas and Thomas replies he's missed him, too. He admits he's missed both of them and that all of that is going to change. 

Caroline tears up again, wavering again, and Bill steps in: "Clearly, Caroline is overcome with emotion.But I think I can speak for her in saying that she doesn't want you to do any of this out of pity, Thomas." That's exactly why he's doing this...that and concern for his son. The same concern he has always had.

Thomas wheels on Bill here, pissed, "I'm not doing this out of pity. This is what should have happened from the beginning." It's what he wanted, back then, but Caroline didn't. A fact that is lost on both Caroline and Bill. 

Thomas: "It shouldn't have taken a tragedy like this to bring us together. Caroline, when I left New York, I was heartbroken and I was miserable and I buried myself in work. But I couldn't stop thinking about you and Douglas and...God, I am going to be there now." But what about Sally, Thomas? You absolutely are in love with her and haven't been with Caroline in months. I am not buying this revisionist history that Sally has been some sort of welcome distraction and Caroline is now the true love of his life. I would wager that Thomas was never in love with Caroline. He was infatuated with her, particularly so when she was forbidden to him. Sally is the real deal.

Thomas vows that he is going to be there for their family: "Family comes first." Caroline nods at this, pretending that this declaration is totally genuine and not derived from Bill's machinations.

Thomas: "Caroline, I...I am sorry..." He's apologizing now??? For what??? Caroline should be down on her knees and kick Bill to grovel down beside her, apologizing that she's let her uncle's lie get this far. You can see her weighing it all in her mind, she can't even look him in the eye at this point, but again, the realization that she could work this to her advantage, that she could even add the lie of innocence to the mix and let Bill take all the blame (which he'll happily do, assuming he gets what he wants) - the pull is too strong.

She lets Thomas take her into his arms, then slowly wraps her arms around him, and you can see here how pathetic she feels, having to lie that she's DYING for fuck's sake to get him to reunite with her. Sally pulled some shenanigans for sure, but nothing that even comes close to the sheer evil that this lie is unleashing. That is some truly sad shit right there. My, my, how the haughty little rich girl has fallen, right into the gutter she insist Sally go back to.

Caroline3.thumb.jpg.adea9223d3621d9a5c1801adafd79cd9.jpg

You are fucking scum and so is your uncle.

She looks up at Bill then, like a little girl, looking for his approval.

Bill3.thumb.jpg.cf0158a6d9010eaa598f704324ae8d1e.jpg

He's all too happy to signal how proud he is of her...and himself. 

So I guess I'm supposed to be happy because we finally got Brill and a fashion show down in MC and Quidge being outed??? Well, I'm not happy. Not in the slightest.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 19

Excellent summation as always, CountryGirl!

I truly don't grasp how the writers could have fucked things up so spectacularly.  

I am thoroughly disgusted with the turn this poorly contrived Sally/Thomas/Caroline triangle has taken.  All this over a building that hasn't even been constructed yet.  Even though Bill's lie was done on the fly, the fact that he wants to keep it going and put his niece in a position to accept an already taken man by default does not sit well with me.  At all.  The lie is bad enough, but the way he was stage-managing and narrating while he watched Caroline and Thomas go through this drama...I'm just floored.  

And, Miss Thing, you can speak up anytime now.  What happened to all that pride you were showing earlier?  I had to roll my eyes though at her acting as if she isn't well aware of what her uncle is capable of.  In what seems like a lifetime ago, Caroline and Rick went to Brooke's house to discuss the machinations that were used to keep Hope and Lame apart.  Rick claimed he thought he was doing the right thing when he lied, but he and Caroline decided that it was time to come clean to Hope and Lame.  In fact, Brooke called Bill and told him to immediately come to her house.  When he got there, Caroline begged him to tell Lame the truth, which Bill emphatically refused to do because he was worried that it would ruin his and Lame's relationship.  So, what's with the big amazement?  And, even before that, Caroline was well aware of the things Bill did--to her advantage and with her approval--to get rid of Maya.  How can she stand there now and front especially since she was in on the taunting and sabotage her damn self?  All I know is that this shit had better end soon.  I'm almost tempted to suggest that Sally just cut her losses and move on.  Or, better yet, talk to the women in Thomas' family--including his sometime stepmother, Brooke--about what she may have to look forward to.  Because if it wasn't this, it would have been something else.

The Summer of Sheila?  How about the summer of my discontent?  Whatever conversation Eric and Sludge have should have occurred eons ago--WITHOUT Sheila's evil specter lurking in the background.  Bitch isn't even subtle with her bullshit either.  It's outrageous that Eric is leaning on this viper.  The moment he indicated that he missed his family, Sheila started up about Quidge's betrayal again.  Do you notice how she moves on from just Quinn and Sludge to wanting to keep Eric isolated from his entire family?  Even Stevie Wonder can see the con for what it is, which starts with alienating Eric from those who love him.  That way he is totally under her influence.  Eric sitting on the bed with Sheila and having intimate discussions with her about things that are very personal, along with allowing her to touch him thoroughly pissed me off.  And, promising to keep his family away?  Really?

• Love 15

I've been busy the last few weeks so it's nice that TPTB have made it easy to just not worry about catching up. I may tune back in for MC and then I'm back out until Sheila is gone.  As others have posted already, I was invested in Queric (and Quidge to a lesser degree) but thanks to Sheila, not so much anymore.   And the less said about Caroline, the better. Though this show occasionally surprises and outs secrets quickly, so who knows...

• Love 10

I have one and one-half feet out the door with this show.  As @MulletorHater said, how could they fuck things up so quickly and so completely?  Was it only a month ago when B&B was REALLY GOOD?

It makes me sick to watch yet another good person be tortured by Bill Spencer.  I honestly thought that the love of a good woman had changed this sociopath and made him a better man.  Ooops!  It's clear that $Bill doesn't deserve Brooke and I hope the second she finds out, she kicks his ass out the door.  There are other stallions in LA. 

Caroline is just as bad as her uncle.  I remember the woman who insisted on calling Maya out of her name.  Being a hateful bitch is obviously bad for the hearing because if Caroline's ears were working properly she would have noticed that the one thing she DIDN'T hear is Thomas saying 'I LOVE YOU'.  Thomas is a decent, honourable man who loves his son.  He's going to put his happiness aside to be there for his son and his son's mother.  He doesn't love Caroline.  THOMAS LOVES SALLY.  And let's face it: two weeks with Caroline in NY will be more than enough for Thomas to hop on the first thing smoking to LA to put a country between him and her hateful, whiny ass.

I can't bear to think about how hurt Sally is going to be but maybe this is a good thing.  I want Sally to realize she can stand on her own two feet.  It's nice to have Thomas Forrester (and his cheque book) in her corner but she can bring Spectra back on her own, with her own talent.  I want Sally to bury Fauxdiloks on the cat-walk.

It's interesting how Ms. 'Family First' Faudilox is willing to leave her beloved grandfather to the tender mercies of a psychopath, the minute that psycho covers her gun-slinging ass.  The pain that Sheila caused Fauxdi and her siblings was enough to make Fauxdi pack heat and USE IT, but it looks like it's forgive and forget now.

I'm looking forward to Eric reading Ridge for filth for no other reason than it might shake him out of this fugue state he's in.  Perhaps giving it to Ridge with both barrels might remind him that he's ERIC FUCKING FORRESTER, head of a multi-billion dollar empire.  ERIC FUCKING FORRESTER doesn't skulk in a no-tell hotel.

Stunt casting has destroyed this show.  The assholes in charge need to fix this, stat!  Or I'm out,

• Love 13

What happened to the show that had me on the edge of my seat? The show I exceeding the speed limit in order to get home and watch? The show that gave me a new fashion house, and business centric SLs, and three amazing couples to invest in?

Why is it we get hateful, distasteful couples like Maya/Rick and Steffy/Liam shoved down our collective throats? Why are these awful characters allowed to live in wedded bliss and have their fucking happily ever after’s, but you can’t let the dynamic and exciting couples have any peace? You know Show, it doesn’t have to be forever, but you could give us a few months. Maybe a year?

Sheila Carter has a hell a nerve to open her disgusting mouth about what Quinn and Ridge did. How they betrayed Eric. As if kissing and fondling can compare to shooting, poisoning, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, and perpetrating a lie against your husband and his entire family about who the fuck you really are. And this is the Eric I hate. The sad sack who let his penis tell him which-a-way to go, and as always with Eric, led him to the danger zone. And now that his headstrong and feisty wife has done something wrong he runs and hides and turns to the darker side. Oh, yes, poor dear, lamenting the horror of his son kissing his wife to the ex-wife that played him like a fiddle and for a fool. I hope Ridge and Quinn do get together because Quinn and Eric are dead to me now.

If Caroline doesn’t fess up any modicum of respect I still had for her will be gone. You don’t love Thomas. You just don’t want him to be with Sally. And you want to flaunt your high society superiority so bad that you would let him believe you are sick? Oh honey, you are sick, but not in the way Thomas thinks. I too felt so bad for him yesterday. Props to PF, who has been doing such a good job with this whole SL. His chemistry with CH is simply off the charts, while I feel nothing between him and LG. All I see with them is her horror and disgust the morning after, and how she couldn’t get away from Thomas fast enough. That and her eyebrows.

I hate to say this, but for once I am on Ridge’s side. Yes, he was wrong to go after Quinn, but he is dead on with his assessment of what is happening with Sheila, and I absolutely believe he wants to protect Eric from her. Ridge may not respect his father, and he may not be able to observe boundaries, but I do believe he loves him as much as Ridge is capable of loving anyone but himself and his deceased mother.

So what does this leave me to root for? Brill is all I have left, and I am fearful that when Brooke hears about Bill’s “plan”, she will be so disappointed she may walk.

Fucking Show.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Caroline is just as bad as her uncle.  I remember the woman who insisted on calling Maya out of her name.  Being a hateful bitch is obviously bad for the hearing because if Caroline's ears were working properly she would have noticed that the one thing she DIDN'T hear is Thomas saying 'I LOVE YOU'.  Thomas is a decent, honourable man who loves his son.  He's going to put his happiness aside to be there for his son and his son's mother.  He doesn't love Caroline.  THOMAS LOVES SALLY.  And let's face it: two weeks with Caroline in NY will be more than enough for Thomas to hop on the first thing smoking to LA to put a country between him and her hateful, whiny ass.

Seriously, the whole time I was watching them, I was, like, Caroline, he's not once used the word love with regard to you. Take a hint and go back to your moms! Stupid show.

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

Really? We're gonna have Brooke and $Bill talk about distracted driving ?    Drunk driving is OK then ?

Ridge needed the hydration for his tears.

LOL!  I haven't seen it yet, but from what I heard, it sounded like the Eric/Sludge showdown is must-see TV and a long time coming.

Based on your description of Brooke and the Stallion's talk, I just mentioned how it seemed that this show had two sets of writing teams and that they're not in sync.  It almost sounds as if someone looked up and realized, "Oh shit!  We need to tie up some loose ends to that PSA storyline!"  

• Love 5
On 7/26/2017 at 1:29 PM, RuntheTable said:

You are willing to turn your life over to Sheila because Quinn and Ridge were kissing and having an emotional affair? Well for fucks sake, they certainly didn’t push anyone out a window, or try and shoot your wife, ex-wife and daughter-in-law. They didn’t slowly poison one of your loved ones with Mercury. They didn’t mess with your paternity tests. They didn’t kidnap another woman’s child. They didn’t try to kill their own mother. They didn’t try to incinerate your son.

Yeah, but they LIED to him!!!!  Can't get any worse in soapdom.

• Love 11
(edited)

I think Sharpie dying is going to be resolved sooner rather than later.  LG is only back for a short run so I don't think Show will drag this out (unlike the Queric -Sheric -Quridge mess)

Here are my thoughts on how it might play out.

1) Thomas is going to overhear Sharpie tell Puffy all about "dying" and how it was $Bill idea but she went along with it to get Thomas back.  Thomas will play along with the deception for a while but .....Then Thomas is going to very publicly leave Sharpie at the altar after reading her and Bill for filth.  Bonus points if he sues for full custody of Douglas.

2) Thomas calls Karen with questions about Sharpie dying, and Karen immediately flies to Bell A.  She confronts Sharpie, who tells her it was Bill's idea. she just got caught up in it..  Karen makes Bill and Sharpie tell Thomas the truth.  $Bill is his usual self -- can't blame a guy for helping out his family.  Sharpie is her best Carowhine self crying that she just wanted Thomas back so they could be a family. Can't he please forgive her and come to NY anyway so they can work things out.    Thomas tells her he was ready to give up his Bell A life due to a lie, but not now.  He says he'll always love and be there for Douglas, but he doesn't love Sharpie, he never really did and he never will. He loves Sally.  Bonus points if Sally is there for all this. Extra bonus points if Sharpie decides to give Thomas custody or and least leave Douglas in Bell A.  Extra, extra bonus points if Thomas punches $Bill out and tells him that it's now war between them.

The next two I see as less likely and they don't have the bang that Sharpie's public outing does,

3) $Bill just can't help himself and tells Brooke what he did.  Brooke is horrified, and having learned her lesson when she didn't out Quridge to Eric, will spill all to Thomas. Thomas will confront Sharpie and make her confess all in front of Sally. Again bonus points if T sues for full custody.

4)  Probably the least likely.  Sharpie develops a conscience and tells Thomas the truth. Thomas reads $Bill for filth. Thomas grovels to Sally to please take him back as she is his only love.  Bonus points if Thomas demands equal shared/ full custody.

The end game for all of these is a stronger than ever Tally, firmly united against the Forresters who want to break them up.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 13
(edited)

I get the PSA and great info was conveyed but the the biggest takeaway is how thick RJ can be. Coco didn't even say anything when RJ was being juvenile. 

Why the fuck is Shelia still in the room. Ridge should grab her by the ear and show her the door.  As I said before, it's all about how Eric feels about Ridge and has nothing to do with Quinn. 

WTF with Thomas!  Caroline confessed that there was no love in making Douglas.  TIIC are so hypocritical where they have a lie breaking up Eric and Quinn but a lie brings Thomas and Caroline together.  I don't want to sound harsh but Thomas has no real obligation to Caroline other than guilt. He thinks he loves Caroline but more times than not a child is enough to keep a couple together. Right Bill?  Right Brooke?  Caroline being alive or dead, Thomas is still Douglas' father.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5
(edited)

I was in the middle of my post when I read Waldo13's.  I was also pretty stunned (actually looked up from my needlepoint!) when Caroline blurted out that Douglas wasn't conceived out of love. Since the remark didn't seem to resonate with anybody and there were no reactions shots from PF or DD, it just seemed like a throw-away line (bone) the writers threw to us to get us to STFU about the "misunderstanding." How much of a cheap shot is that and proves that there are spies on this board! LOL!

OK, well if you are here ... please read on. I could tell that Carowhine was torn, especially by the way she kept yelling at sideline coach Uncle Bill to shut up while poor Thomas was crying and apologizing and promising to make right with Douglas and her ... for whatever time she has left. When Thomas stated that he was not going to go to MC with Sally, I was about to throw something at the TV, then Caroline had the decency to tell him to honor his commitment (said with a wistful tearful sniff) and go. The best thing to happen would be for Caroline to pack up Douglas and just leave while everybody is in MC. Anybody who can influence her -- Thomas, Stuffy and Bill -- will all be away.  I could almost see the writers having her just vanish and leave behind a note for Thomas. Got that? Please don't drag this on and ruin Tally. (BTW, I keep wanting to take Caroline's blouse and shove off her shoulders. It's supposed to be worn that way and they way it's styled on her makes it look too tight like it's straining across her upper back and shoulders. Very unflattering from the back. Usually, I think that LF usually looks fairly well dressed. Not in that.)

Why are Sally and Thomas flying to MC with the Forresters? And on $Bill's plane. A-W-K-W-A-R-D!!  It's going to be a very long and chilly ride home if SF wins the fashion showdown.

Brooke's PSA (and in case you cut off before the entire end of the show, KKL gave a stern lecture afterwards about distracted driving on behalf of CBS and some organization.) I was too busy rewinding to see the final scene of Eric and Sludge again, so I didn't pay any attention.  Well, that is another bit of retconned history ... have any other old-timers heard about Brooke losing a high school boyfriend in a car accident? She said he became a big-time rock star and crashed his car while fiddling with the radio to find a station playing one of his songs. Slouchy's sullen backtalk made me wish Brooke had hauled off and slapped the taste out of his mouth. At least Coco kept quiet and respectfully listened but her expression vacillated between glazed-over fear to smirkiness.

The main attraction: Eric/Sludge Showdown: First, I 100% agree. WTF was Sheila doing hanging around during that very highly emotional, intimate and private exchange? Eric could have nicely asked her to leave or ... better idea ... she should have had the decency and respect for Eric to excuse herself. No, she sat there like she was watching a tennis match and all that was missing was the popcorn and Raisnets. Eric didn't miss a beat. It started with the usual ... Ridge being all self-deprecating and sheepish. Well, it didn't work that time. Eric played him like a fiddle and down to the last note where he more or less disowned Ridge, and Sludge. It actually was an awesome scene. I had to watch it about three times. Sludge just gave a wordless nod and left with tears streaming down his face. Then, the camera cut to Sheila. It was impossible to tell, but I think she had the tiniest hint of a smirk on her face, then she slowly turned around to look at Eric, who was facing the window with his back to everybody, and you could see tears on her cheeks. Eric's face was just set with no emotion.

Wow! I would say today's last scene maybe compensated for about one or two of those awful days of Zencole. Powerful stuff!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 9

Okay folks, I am throughly confused with this show. Eric is in a seedy hotel with Sheila down the hall who keeps popping in to his room. Ridge arrives and she stays to hear the conversation between him and his dad. Huh? Why is she there? Why is Eric okay with her being there to hear his talk with is not-son? Where is this stupid story line going and how long do we have to be subjected to this crazy woman who will eventually do Eric in some how, some way? Caroline knows that Bill has told Thomas that she has a fatal "auto immune disease" and is dying. She's furious that he's done that and screams at him in front of Thomas to "stop saying that". And YET. She doesn't tell Thomas that she's NOT dying, Uncle Bill is lying and he doesn't have to "step up" as a father to Douglass because SHE'S NOT DYING. Oy, Vey!!

That last part with Eric kissing Ridge's forehead and then saying he was no longer his son was a total take off of The Godfather's scene of Fredo and Sonny(?) when Fredo had betrayed him. 

• Love 10

This is probably the case in an ironic twist. You see all my female fave characters on this show have to be trashed and/or killed. 

This was a strange episode. There was the texting while driving PSA that only meant a damn since Brooke was in it and carried the scene. I could care less about those apathetic kiddo hipsters and it would have meant more had they perished like Adam on Degrassi when he was texting on the road. 

So that triteness was juxtaposed with the heavy Emmy work of Ridge confronting Eric and Eric giving him his heart then disown status. I liked the actors giving it their all. Ridge getting read was overdue. Having Sheila there took away from the scene IMHO. 

Sally's hair is gorgeous that new shade is just so rich and pretty. It's red but copper and had so much depth and shine. 

Katie you're starting to get out of pocket again. 

• Love 8

I agree with you @grisgris.  I wanted Brooke to give Slouchy a smack too!!  Slouchy is certainly his father's son; smug, entitled and selfish.  Why did Brooke look like a single mother?  No matter what woman is with Ridge Forrester, she usually ends up raising the kids on her own.  Unless she's being held hostage by an Arab sheik.

No wonder Caroline and Steffy are such good friends; they'll both stop at nothing to get a man.  I kept waiting for Caroline to tell Thomas that her uncle lied.  BUT SHE DIDN'T.  She stood there and watched Thomas tear himself apart with grief and guilt and didn't say the one thing that would have eased his pain.  And we're supposed to believe that she loves him?  Women like Fauxdi and Caroline don't love men; they posses them, like a fancy handbag.  We've seen what Fauxdi has done to Liam, a guy who once had a purpose in life.  Now we're supposed to watch while Caroline sucks the life out of Thomas?

Once again, TK and JMc brought their A game.  But imagine that scene with Quinn instead of Sheila hovering like a vulture.  Having Quinn there would have upped the dramatic stakes to 11.  But now we have to endure yet ANOTHER scene with Quinn telling Eric that his family is no good and she's the only one who cares.  If Eric doesn't pack his bags, tell Sheila thanks for the TLC and settle his bill (he can throw her a bone by paying her bill too), then he's an even bigger fool than he appears to be right now.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

Brooke's PSA (and in case you cut off before the entire end of the show, KKL gave a stern lecture afterwards about distracted driving on behalf of CBS and some organization.) I was too busy rewinding to see the final scene of Eric and Sludge again, so I didn't pay any attention.  Well, that is another bit of retconned history ... have any other old-timers heard about Brooke losing a high school boyfriend in a car accident? She said he became a big-time rock star and crashed his car while fiddling with the radio to find a station playing one of his songs. Slouchy's sullen backtalk made me wish Brooke had hauled off and slapped the taste out of his mouth. At least Coco kept quiet and respectfully listened but her expression vacillated between glazed-over fear to smirkiness.

Didn't happen, that we know of. On the other hand, we never saw Brooke until she was in college.

It's just a very cheap way to make the message more serious, when the OBVIOUS way to make this message more serious would have been to actually make RJ and Coco's accident more serious. Show, don't tell, and all that. If either RJ or Coco had been fighting for their life after that accident, they wouldn't have needed a lecture from Brooke to realize the dangers of texting and driving.

• Love 7

I think (HOPE) the Thomas, Caroline thing will resolve itself in Monaco, I mean they have to have something exciting happen there right????  And Eric's speech yesterday really brought a tear to my eye, Well done! 

• Love 6

Good stuff between JMcC and TK yesterday; like Ridge or hate him, I found myself all teared up when Eric told him he would never be his son again. And this is where Thorsten is light years ahead of RM; he was clearly projecting pain and despair instead of looking like he had bubble guts and had just passed the wind.

I am soooo done with Bill and his rotten little niece. Poor Sally is going to be so blindsided and hurt; it hasn’t even happened yet and I am already down with cutting a bitch. I know Thomas doesn’t love Caroline, but all the same, I am very troubled with how easily and quickly he changed gears and became all about Caroline. So your baby’s mama is sick and dying with “Soap Opera Disease”, that doesn’t mean you have to cash in on the one, and probably the best, thing that ever happened to you. When the truth comes out I want Sally to remember how easy it was for Thomas to throw her away.

I don’t understand why we had that stuff with Brooke and the munchkins. I love Brooke, but my girl needs to look in her own closet and remember how she helped a very drunk Bill avoid prosecution after he ran his car off the road.

I now have horrible and terrifying thoughts shooting through my head. Now that Eric has disenfranchised Ridge what does that mean? Is he no longer welcome as part of the family? Will he be excluded from holidays and family events? And what about FC’s? I don’t see how he can stay around now. At the same time, Thomas will be leaving Sally and Spectra and coming back to FC’s and the family fold. Does this mean an out of work Ridge will go calling on Sally? And we all know what that would mean; it would just be a matter of time before he has Sally in bed. Or will Ridge and Quinn strike out on their own? I don’t see Eric wanting her around either. No, I suspect Eric will have an engagement ring on Sheila’s wretched finger by this time next week. And really, who is left for Ridge? Shirley? Darlita? Dare I say Brooke? Could Bill’s “plan” be what repairs Bridge?

You see what I mean by terrifying thoughts…..

• Love 11
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

And this is where Thorsten is light years ahead of RM; he was clearly projecting pain and despair instead of looking like he had bubble guts and had just passed the wind.

Yeah, that scene with the tears made me see what others have said about TK as an actor, he was quite good.

• Love 6

I just have a quick question.  I have no idea what California's child abuse laws are.  However, I need to know how old a child has to be before you can slap the cowboy shit out of him and have it not be considered child abuse.  I can't stand Slouchy and his cheeky attitude.  Brooke's better than me because I would have snatched his little ass up and he would still be looking for all 32 of his teeth on every continent!  As a day one viewer, I also recall that Brooke was working on her master's degree in chemistry and also had a job after school.  Dave Reed was her boyfriend at the time, and I didn't hear mention of any high school boyfriend who was a future rock star.  It would have made more sense to have Brooke mention Bill's drunk driving accident.  She could have also mentioned how she pulled over to the side of the road and dozed off after having club soda at a bar and being falsely accused of drunk driving just so that Slouchy's vindictive grandmother could get custody of him and Hope.  But, I guess the writers had to dumb down the message so that the victim had to be someone in Slouchy and Coco's demographic.  

I'm still trying to figure out why Caroline couldn't stop clutching her pearls long enough to tell Thomas the truth right then and there and then read her uncle for filth to boot.  She is sooooo insulted at the notion that the only reason Thomas now wants to be with her is because he thinks she's dying.  Yet, she had no qualms about dangling Douglas in front of him and playing the "I want my fambly back together" card.  And there goes that "commitment" word again.  What commitment would that be, pray tell?  As Eddie Murphy would say, "I don't see no rings on your finger!"  I guess it remains to be seen just how far Caroline is willing to keep this mess going.  Whether she is dying or not, why would Thomas want to sign up for that?  Given that Stuffy and Caroline are cut from the same piece of cloth, all he needs to do is take a look at the eunuch his brother-in-law has become.  Does he really want to live that life?  Kudos to the writers for having Thomas mentioning that he did not want to be the type of father his own father was.  For years, it was almost a part of B&B's canon that Original Recipe Ridge be hailed as a wonderful husband and a great father.  Never mind that that was not the reality that played out on our screens as he bounced back and forth from household to household and from one marriage bed in Beverly Hills to another one in Bel Air in any given year.

This brings me to yesterday's highlight .  Could JM please submit yesterday's scene as a part of his Emmy reel?  TK really brought it as well.  I shudder to think how this would have played out with RM, whose Botox injections rendered his face practically immobile by the time he left.  There were some harsh and painful truths told during those scenes.  From the show's inception, Eric and his oldest son butted heads, whether it was their differing philosophies on clothing design, to Ridge's reasons for marrying Caroline, to Stephanie all but admitting that it was Ridge who was the number one man in her life.  Quinn being targeted for Ridge's own selfish reasons also reminded me of how he also targeted both Carolines.  He targeted Caroline 1.0 to piss off Bill Spencer, Sr. and to get into her drawers, and he targeted Bill, Sr.'s (!) granddaughter because he wanted to supplant Rick--just as he's attempted to supplant Eric numerous times before.  It was an excellent way to draw on the show's history.  Bravo for the excellent writing and two great performances!  The only fly in the ointment, of course, was Sheila.

Was anyone else creeped out just a little to see Brooke, Katie and Stuffy standing together as Bill addressed them?  And, Bill had better be careful because his evil scheme will come back to bite him.  The question is how?  Suppose, for instance, Thomas and Caroline implode when the truth outs (as it always does); he pursues full custody, which will include a paternity test; and Maury says:  Ridge--you ARE the father!  What then, Stallion?  Thomas will break his neck trying to get back to Sally, leaving skidmarks all over Caroline's backside.  And, Ridge will pursue Caroline yet again because, you know, children can only grow up in a two-parent household.  I mean that is what you said, isn't it, Bill?

• Love 9
(edited)

Recap for Thurs. 7/27/17:

While there was much to continue to fuel my ire over this show (and desire to hit delete series) on yesterday's episode, it was salvaged by its closing moments, which I will save for last, to give them their full due.

We open where we left off yesterday, in Bill's office at SP.

Thomas.jpg.e4e1ad93e836ac7e6b8c8a57a8c1dc56.jpg

A concerned Thomas asks: "Why did you think that you couldn't tell me?"

Caroline: "I don't ever want you to feel obligated." Of course she does. 

Thomas: "No, but I am obligated. You are the mother of my son. We're in this together."

Caroline snots: "Thomas, we haven't been in this together for a long time." That was by YOUR choice, sweetheart. This heifer is on the thinnest of thin ice right now. 

Thomas, more patient than I would be: "Caroline, things were different back then, but your diagnosis changes everything."

Caroline: "And I'm not happy about that." She's not happy that this is the only reason he's standing before her right now.

Bill "helpfully" suggests: "She's mad at me for telling you. I told you she would be." That's not why she's mad and he and his niece both know that.

Thomas asks after Douglas, for when she meets her demise, and that while he loves her moms (and trusts them with their grandson), he says that he needs his boy.

Caroline: "I mean, we have separate lives, Thomas. We've always had separate lives. (By YOUR choice, for the hundredth time!) "I was married...and then you were playing the field. I love Douglas, but.........he wasn't made out of love. We both know that." Well, well, well, the tiniest of bones was just thrown about that night. Not nearly good enough, TPTB, but it's the most I've come to expect from this on this point.

Thomas, uncomfortable: "That...was different."

He tries a different tact, asking about her condition.

Bill: "This one is so rare that it doesn't even have a name. It's a cluster of symptoms that don't respond to any..." How are you falling for this nonsense, Thomas? Of course it would have a name. I'll give it one myself - Nonexistentitis.

Caroline grits her teeth: "God, can you please just stop?"

Thomas: "No, it's fine. I know that I don't have a right to ask you these questions..." Of course he has the right - as Douglas' father and that he's willing to upend his entire life for her.

Bill: "Well, if not now, when? We don't know how much time we have." Bill, just STFU!

Caroline: "I said stop! Look, I get it that you're trying to say all the right things, but do you have any idea, any clue as to how offensive it is that you only want to be with me because you think I'm dying?" 

Carowhine.thumb.jpg.629e3630f967fc0a6f260a7356068d71.jpg

Is she for fucking real with this? She's offended? SHE'S OFFENDED??????? She is the one going along with the lie of all lies so she can take all the seats, everywhere, throughout the universe. If I could have reached through the TV and strangled her scrawny neck, I would have. Well done, Carowhine...I officially hate you more than Fauxdi. 

Thomas insists that it's not true and that he always wanted to be with her: "While I was in New York, I was heartbroken that you didn't want me. I just want to spend whatever time that we have left together." Caroline just gives him a pouty, put-upon look and I want to pop her right in the kisser.

Thomas: "Don't be angry with me. Please don't tell me that I've done too little or it's too late. I know. I get it. I've been trying to cope the best way that I knew how since we ended things in New York, and that's why I threw myself into work. I saw my dad do that and it's not right. That's not the father that I want to be to my son." It just absolutely galls me that he's the one apologizing when he's done nothing wrong. 

He stuns Bill and Caroline by announcing he's not going to the Spencer Summit.

Bill doesn't object to that at all, but Caroline does.

Thomas: "No...why would I go? Caroline, everything has changed."

Caroline: "Because when you make a commitment, you keep them. You want to know what I expect from you? That's it." You have no right to make any claim or expectations on Thomas. 

Thomas: "Don't make any decisions until I am back."

He leaves then with a furious Caroline ranting about what Bill's lie has done. It's your lie, too, bitch, and you had AMPLE opportunity to tell Thomas the truth.  

Caroline-fumes-Bill-BB-HW.jpg

Bill is as characteristically compassionate as ever: "Come on, Caroline. Don't you get it? These people, they don't grow up. They stay freakin' juvenile until there's a catastrophe. And then and only then can you break 'em." I just cannot believe the BS that is coming out of Bill's mouth right now. 

All his recent growth with regard to Brooke and waiting and trusting in her to come back to him has been completely eviscerated.  Instead of letting things work out as they should, he's back to his old, familiar bad habits of trying to manipulate things to his advantage, nevermind that his schemes have always come back to bite him on the ass.

Over at FC, we pick up that dangling thread I'm not sure anyone here really cared about - the texting/driving accident involving RJ and Coco. And this is not to say we don't care about the very real dangers and often deadly consequences of texting/driving, but PSAs are typically not this show's strong suit.

Suffice it to say that Brooke tried hard to drive the point home: "If you come away from this thinking, 'whoo-hoo! We're lucky to get away with this,' well, then the fine and the close call and the loss of a very expensive car will all be for nothing. The fact is, you're lucky to be alive."

Coco-RJ-lecture-Brooke-BB-HW.jpg

She shares with them a story of a highschool boyfriend who was on the verge of becoming a rock star, who crashed his car and died after he was distracted and fiddling with the radio. The story would have had much more impact had we (the audience) heard about him before. 

KKL does her best with the material, but her efforts are sadly lost on the actors who play RJ and Coco, who appear bored, Slouchey especially, and annoyed with having to sit through a lecture. It would have made for a much better storyline if RJ had been the one texting (which sounds much more like him vs goody two shoes Coco) and Coco had been seriously injured/in a coma, etc. Certainly, teens (the target audience for this storyline) wouldn't have walked away, all "eh, no biggie." Oh who am I kidding? Teens aren't watching this crap. It would also have had other repercussions given the Forrester/Spectra conflict. Major opportunity missed.

There's a quick little scene between Wyatt and Katie, putting the finishing touches on the swimwear line. with Katie teasing Wyatt that he should be one of the models and Wyatt laughs that off.

Over at SF, Sally and Grams are taking care of last minute details, including Grams researching sleeping on private jets. Sally teases her, but she's clearly so excited and ready to fly to Monte Carlo.

Shirley: "Honey, I am just trying to be supportive of you and Tom of Forrester." (Hee!) "I call him that in my head sometimes. Makes him sound like Robin Hood."

Sally calls her out: "I thought you were convinced that I was doomed to lose him to his high society baby mama."

Shirley: "Hmm, you know what? I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. Especially when being right would bankrupt us." That's a cheery note.

They share a hug.

Sally.jpg.1fc2cec98ea25c585d4352dbe3d59b85.jpg

Shirley: "You just go and have a great time and beat the pants off those Forresters."

Sally: "Yes!" She laughs. "Okay! Love you."

Shirley: "I love you." And I do think Grams loves her grandchildren even if she sometimes has a fucked up way of showing it. Sally heads to the airport, where she is meeting Thomas.

We cut to the Spencer jet where Wyatt, Steffy, Katie, Brooke and Bill are already on board and chatting.

Sally arrives and puts on a brave face: "It's a gorgeous day for flying, huh?"

Katie: "What are you doing here?" Shut it, LemonHeads.

Bill: "Now, now, now. Sally is an invited guest. You know I'm a big-hearted guy, and, uh, we also know that saying. You keep your friends close, and your enemies, and so on." Oh, he can afford to be magnanimous to Sally, considering he's once again stabbing her in the back.

Bill pulls Brooke aside to ask about her little chat with RJ and Coco, admitting that even he doesn't text and drive.

Thomas arrives then: "Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late." Sally lights up, clearly happy to see him and it was not lost on me how he instinctively and immediately puts his arm around her and pulls her close, looking so content.

Tally.jpg.0f380b7ae335d374411e3e242a3ac4d3.jpg

Steffy: "Perfect timing."

Sally: "Oh! Thank goodness. For a second I thought this might be a plot to drop me in the Atlantic."

Wyatt: "Oh, no, Dad reserves that treatment for Ridge." Ooh, burn, Wyatt.

Steffy: "Um, actually, uh, my dad's not joining us.

Bill scoffs: "Typical." Shouldn't his Spencey senses be tingling right about now?

Steffy admits that Eric isn't going either. Again, Bill and Wyatt aren't questioning this?

Finally, we arrive at the scenes that make today's episode must-see.

We cut to the still-open doorway at Eric's hotel room with Sheila lingering like Ser Hiss to Eric's Prince John. 

tumblr_lmkbrk4XTF1qinmdwo1_400.gif

She was so unnecessary and why Ridge didn't immediately march her out is beyond me, but it proves the point that KB is a polarizing prop and nothing more in the Eric/Quinn/Ridge debacle.

But I'll set that aside because what happens next is just so, so good.

Ridge, a look at Sheila, then back at his father: "Nice company you're keeping."

Eric sidesteps: "I thought I could trust Steffy. Clearly not."

Ridge: "She didn't want to tell me. I pulled it out of her." Ehh, she caved pretty easily. "She's scared for you. We're all scared, Dad." 

Eric: T"his whole family pattern is getting kind of old, isn't it? You stab me in the back and then you wring your hands and you fret about me?" He has a very fair point. Too bad cheaters never think of moments like these before they cheat.

Ridge: "I understand running. But you can never run far enough. I will always find you." I'm surprised Sheila didn't object to that and claim "that's MY line!"

Eric, bitter: "To the victor go the spoils. Why don't you go home and enjoy them?"

Ridge: "I moved off the property."

Eric: "With Quinn?" Well, that is par for Ridge's course.

Ridge: "No, of course not with Quinn. She barely leaves the house, as far as I can tell." Admitting he's still keeping tabs. 

Eric: "Well, that's very unlike you, isn't it? Don't you usually like to take possession of the women you steal?"

Ridge: "What do you want to hear? Because I will tell you everything. Either in there or through the door. But it's gonna get said today." He stares Eric down and he steps aside to let him in the room with Sheila continuing to have a front row seat. But I will say, as the scene unfolds, that her presence is irrelevant and it felt like just the two of them were in the room.

Ridge: "We can't go on like this."

Eric: "You're the last person I need to justify myself to."

Ridge shrugs: "Fair enough. You know what day this is, right? It's the day when everyone leaves for Monte Carlo. Everyone except Quinn. Remember last year? She came and surprised you. It's the anniversary of you getting together. It's the first time you became public. And you told everyone how much you love her. And you haven't stopped loving her. So why are you here?" He gestures around the room. Eric has no answer for him.

Ridge looks pointedly at Sheila then: "So...Sheila, how did you find my dad?"

Sheila: "I didn't."

Eric: "She was here when I checked in, down the hall."

Ridge, not believing this is just a coincidence for a moment and the jury is still out on this as far as I'm concerned: "Uh-huh."

Eric: "Look, believe what you want, Ridge."

Ridge: "Why don't we try something? Let's try being honest with each other. Can we do that? Just you and me, nobody else here." A look to Sheila. "Nobody that matters. The relationship that caused this disaster wasn't between Quinn and me. It's yours and mine. From the very beginning,  you knew before I was born that I'm a bastard.  I am what I am, and what I am is a man who wants to win at everything. And you've been the best at it. You were my first adversary and you're still number one. You fired me. And you said the only way I can come back... is if I accept a role beneath Steffy, my own daughter." (Um after you tried to undermine his authority with the POA, you jackass!) "So what do I do? I got to try and get back to you in some way, I got to retaliate. And no, no, no, it wasn't, I didn't plan it. It just kind of happens that way. I just did what I do because I could. I can make a woman want me. Isn't that right, Sheila?"

So this was really about Eric and punishing him for firing him, then making him a co-VP with Rick? 

Sheila: "You know what, I never had that problem." Oh, shut the fuck up, crazy cakes!

Ridge: "Oh, stop." He pauses then, considering. "Sheila's right. No, she's wary of me. Quinn wasn't. Because you told her not to be. And, man, I took her and I wooed her." 

He scoffs then: "But she resisted. She always resisted. " Where is this revisionist history coming from? And what is this ridiculous attempt to whitewash and protect Quinn? We all saw what we saw. "You know why? Because she loves you. I didn't believe it. And I love you, too. But there's a part of you, there's something inside of you that makes you better than me. I've tried to find it, but I don't have it. But what I do have, Dad, is an understanding of what's going on here. This is not punishing me. It's punishing you. You're with the one woman in the world, the one person that understands you and loves you more than anybody. Poor woman, beautiful woman... ...that I used as an innocent pawn in my quest to beat you. Game's over. Go home to your wife." So, if I'm buying this malarkey, Ridge apparently held a gun to Quinn's head and made her kiss him and caress him and roll around on a bed with him and lie through her teeth to her husband and admit that she loved him? Innocent pawn my ass. But my hat is off to TK for this monologue. It pissed me off but I was glued to every single word.

Sheila interjects: "Are you done?" Oh shut it and go back to munching on popcorn.

Ridge, ignoring her, eyes only for his father: "It's up to you."

Eric stands there, thinking for a long moment.

Eric1.jpg.4f57d0e7f0581246f0c44fe3b6cac279.jpg

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Ridge, I...any time I've wanted to insult you or berate you, I've called you a 'Marone.' I apologize for that. That was wrong. You've always been my son." I respect Eric for apologizing for that. Ridge swallows, hard, trying to keep a tighter rein on his usually tightly held emotions.

He softens then, a look of pride and delight on his face as he continues: "From the first moment your mother put you in my hands...I've been your father."

Eric2.thumb.jpg.26d048d9724ebd1aa3ff82fa00448536.jpg

Father and son share a smile. 

Eric: "And you turned into this boy, this great boy, and we had fun together. We played together, we laughed. And your sisters and your brother, they adored you. And they gave you all the love and attention that you possibly want. You learned to crave that  and you took it." Eric half smiles and points at Ridge here - "Because you could."

Ridge is just so, so uncharachteristically quiet and just stands thee and you can almost see the young boy he was then, so many years ago, and wistfully recalling what they had..until he destroyed it. A tear is looming, unshed.

Ridge.jpg.33ab74b2dbb0403e7da1b3354b5df6d7.jpg

Eric continues on, relating the story of Ridge Forrester. One we've heard before, to be sure, but never told quite like this: "Then when you got older, you started to draw. " His face lights up with the memory. "There was my surprise. You could draw." Ridge swallows and you can see that this is killing him far worse than if Eric had railed and screamed every obscenity imaginable. Anger and hatred he could deal with, but not this: "You would draw everything. And you would tell me things about shape and style and color. You would say things to me about design that I hadn't taught you."

He pauses, reaching out to place his hand on Ridge's chest and Ridge looks down. I wonder if Eric can feel how loudly his son's heart is beating right now. Ridge looks down to look at that hand, the hand that held him and comforted him, that guided his hand when he was learning to throw and catch...and draw. That clapped him on the back after yet another stunning FC show. A lifetime of memories in that simple gesture.

Eric3.thumb.jpg.6e479fbf12facff9a8d16d2176752629.jpg

Eric: "That made you my son." He leans in towards his downcast son, forcing him to meet his eyes again. "So, then, you wanted to emulate me, and I thought, 'that's great, I'll bring you right into the business with me -- my business.'" Ridge swipes at the threatening tear. "It wasn't long before you and I, we were the father-son team, the team of the year. We had attention and accolades from the fashion industry all over the world, just pouring in on us, and you loved that. But you wanted to be better than me. You wanted more of that attention for yourself than I had, and so you took it. You took it (and we hear it again) because you could. And then you took your mother from me, and you took Brooke from me. And then you took the woman I love more than anything in this world. You took Quinn from me." The final refrain here, the chorus of Ridge Forrester's life: "Because you could." JMc's as Eric is just masterful here, building and building and building the moment, his calm giving way to clear torment written all over him, while TK's Ridge just stands there, watching and listening...his tears finally spilling over as his father smiles at him, a heartbreakingly sad, wistful smile, no animosity, no anger, just tender resignation.

Eric4.thumb.jpg.c87ceb35b90a0ed83e2cef3b877fdc99.jpg

I let out the breath I'd been holding as Eric gently reaches out to hold his son's face in both hands.

Ridge2.thumb.jpg.c6ff9d0873fd53adf6f49352c5254f3e.jpg

There aren't tissues enough for what comes next.

Ridge opens his eyes and it's as if father and son are seeing each other for the first time. Ridge is still so eerily quiet and it's as if he's somehow waiting for these next words as if knowing all along this is how it would be in the end, his tears unrestrained now as the song reaches it's climax with this:

"I loved being your father." The first hint of a tear in Eric's eyes now. 

He kisses Ridge on the forehead as surely he must have done with him countless times before, when Ridge was a boy, and Eric is no doubt replaying those moments of a bygone time as the tears fill his own eyes. 

Eric5.thumb.jpg.70f28e44f003e2662bead2b9de029648.jpg

But neither of one of them could have ever predicted what this kiss would mean.

Ridge pulls back to look at his father and dammmmnnnnnn, TK can bring the waterworks. 

Ridge3.thumb.jpg.15fedffd322c4910929fba805eb661ac.jpg

And while I think there is some tiny part of Ridge that hopes he won't hear what he hears next, you can tell he knows that this time, he's gone past the point of no return. 

Eric looks at him and softly whispers: " You'll never be my son again."

He releases his son, in more ways than one, and the full gravity finally hits Ridge like a bullet to the brain as he sobs.

Eric6.thumb.jpg.ddc7c45dc48093e88b23d1f8d256260f.jpg

Eric walks away from him then, somehow walking taller as his son just stands there, broken and alone and having lost the one relationship he knows now mattered the most to him.  But that knowledge came far, far too late.

Ridge4.thumb.jpg.e5da21be813afaae9625de5b8924dae8.jpg

Ridge nods as if he accepts it as his due and leaves the room without saying another word.

There's a bit with Sheila and whether or not she smirked (I saw her more as trying to restrain her own tears - I mean, who couldn't help but be moved by that?) but I'm not wasting time on her. Not today.

Eric looks out the window, apparently firm in his decision to (a nod to upthread) be Michael to Ridge's Fredo. Time will tell...

Today is, as I said, must-see TV (FF through everything else if you must, but watch this because this farewell is one of those moments that will stick with you (for me, the standouts mostly involve Brooke, her red power suit scenes, her breakdown in Barbados, her rape, and, more recently, her dialogue-free reunion with Bill in Sydney). 

It's these moments that keep me watching and my anger at the Carowhine lie notwithstanding, my hats are off to TPTB and to JMc and TK. They were just marvelous to watch and I have to believe there will be a reconciliation or, perhaps, a more open rivalry, whatever it takes to keep these two front and center and playing off of each other. And today, TK finally became Ridge Forrester to me. He's always acted circles around RM, that's a given from the start, but today is the first day I believed him as Ridge and that speaks volumes.

I'm tearing up again as I'm recapping this and just like that (Brooke finger snap), I've been sucked back in. 

Dammit....

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

You see what I mean by terrifying thoughts…..

Don't you dare even go there with resuscitating the long-pronounced-dead GarBridge. I think Ridge would do well to do a thing he's never been...alone.

And for a good long while.

That's the least he deserves and would show some growth vs him falling back on his no-longer-available standby or sniffing around for the next woman he can leech onto.

After yesterday's scenes, the character deserves better than Groundhog's day (especially considering he's in his 50s) and Lord knows, so do we.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Today is, as I said, must-see TV (FF through everything else if you must, but watch this because this farewell is one of those moments that will stick with you (for me, the standouts mostly involve Brooke, her red power suit scenes, her breakdown in Barbados, her rape, and, more recently, her dialogue-free reunion with Bill in Sydney). 

It's these moments that keep me watching and my anger at the Carowhine lie notwithstanding, my hats are off to TPTB and to JMc and TK. They were just marvelous to watch and I have to believe there will be a reconciliation or, perhaps, a more open rivalry, whatever it takes to keep these two front and center and playing off of each other. And today, TK finally became Ridge Forrester to me. He's always acted circles around RM, that's a given from the start, but today is the first day I believed him as Ridge and that speaks volumes.

I'm tearing up again as I'm recapping this and just like that (Brooke finger snap), I've been sucked back in. 

Dammit....

Yes!! I feel exactly the same way. What an amazing scene with these two. TK is now more Ridge than RM could ever be with this story.

For these two, I will allow myself to be sucked back in.  I will always watch for TK, JMc & RS. Dammit! If only the other stories/characters/actors could bring this much to the screen.....

• Love 8

That scene with Brooke, Slouchy and SlouchyII was so damn lame. Those children acted like they were just waiting for her to stop speaking (Blah, blah, blah) so they could go get ice cream cones. Get them off of my screen please. Can we say bad acting and BORING? 

• Love 5

Did Charlie give Shelia the extortion money?  He must have unless Shelia is now sponging off of Eric. Also, how did she pay for the take out from H Giardino?  It's certainly a heck of a lot more than the dollar menu at McDonalds. 

Shelia is feeding Eric a bowl of shit porridge and Eric is asking may I have some more please?  Shelia is not family anymore and no way should be a confidant.  But the more she hangs with Eric the more she feels emboldened about getting back together. Eric, that old codger, doesn't even consider the fact he is leading her on and in a way looking for an excuse to cheat. 

To me, Eric saying that Quinn and Ridge having an affair" is as stupid as Caroline and Thomas conceiving Douglas during a misunderstanding.  It was not an affair and it was not a misunderstanding. 

I was so disappointed that Eric and Quinn didn't start singing "Somewhere Out There".  By the way, where is Liam.  Aren't charities his thing?  

• Love 4

Wow! Thanks, as always, CountryGirl, for the recap. It was fun to relive that over again.  Fabulous work by TK and JM. Yes, I have to agree with everybody who said that there is no way in hell that Ronnnnnn Mossssssss could have pulled that off in any capacity.

I will concede on another point. I used to really be a big Sheila fan back in the day because I liked the character and I liked KB. However, I have to agree that this just isn't working. I was initially excited to have Sheila return but this is turning into poorly-conceived stunt casting. Her forced attempts at intimacy with Eric, seems, well, forced. (I honestly didn't think those two had much chemistry the first time around and what made it sort of work was that Sheila won Eric by sheer will and manipulation. While I still think KB is an attractive woman, back then, she had youth on her side, which played well into Eric's eye for the beautiful younger ladies, as he was still married to Brooke at the time.)  Even if Brad Bell pulled the idea of bringing back Sheila out of his ass at a photo shoot, there are hundreds of much better SLs he could have put some time and thought into to gradually bring Sheila back in a way that made sense. This inserting her into the Eric/Quinn/Ridge mess is all kinds of fucked up. Also, her extreme neediness is galling. She didn't used to be that way. It makes me think that while she served her time, she tore photos of Eric out of any copies of "Eye on Fashion" that got smuggled into prison and taped them to her cell walls. Ick.

If Eric is stupid enough to fall for the "changed woman" ploy again so soon, then he gets what he deserves.

I had to chuckle though, when Sheila announced she had sea bass. My mind went to, "Ah, Sheila comes again bearing mercury!" (Sorry, inside joke to the old-timers. I'd be happy to explain.)

I don't understand how Quinn was able to so quickly reverse her feelings towards Ridge. Today she looked like him like she couldn't stand to be in the same room with him. (RS probably entertains the same questions when she receives her daily script!)  However, I was pretty surprised that she backed down so easily when Ridge told her to leave Eric alone.

$Bill is a first-class ass for proposing a toast to Douglas??!! (I didn't miss Fauxdi's side eye when he included Sally as "family." I hope Fauxdi falls flat on her plastic Botoxed face.) This "twist" has taken all of the fun out of the fashion showdown for me. Even the beautiful MC scenery didn't cheer me up since I know what's coming.  At least, please let SF win the competition so Sally can have something ...

• Love 3

Friday's episode certainly was a let down after the high point of Thursday.  Somebody needs to tell Bell Jr that whatever 'magic' the character of Sheila had in the past is gone, gone, GONE and this stunt casting isn't working.  Sheila is a total bore and she drags every scene she's in.  I'm sick of hearing the same old 'I was a baaaaaaad girl but now I'm GOOD, so let's just forget all the murder and mayhem I caused everyone who came within 100 miles of me'  Sheila's problem wasn't that she didn't know  how to love.  Her problem was that she was a dangerous psycho killer and I don't think there's a self-help book for that.  Eric can't forgive Quinn and Ridge for KISSING but he can forgive Sheila?

Speaking of re-writing history, there's a lot of that going on.  Ridge and Eric's confrontation was very well played but it's not how I remember things.  Ridge didn't take Stephanie from Eric; Eric threw Stephanie away!  He's already admitted that he avoided going home at night and we all know that Eric was fucking every model he could get his hands on, back in the day.  As for stealing Brooke, we all know that Eric never 'had' Brooke to begin with.

Ridge's confession was very moving but it was also total bullshit.  It's typical of Ridge that he would make it ALL ABOUT HIM.  Big Bad Ridge went after Quinn 'because he could'.  Actually Ridge plotted and planned with Liam to seduce Quinn to get her out of his father's life.  It had little or nothing to do with a lifelong competition between father and son.  And Quinn was no helpless victim.  She loved the game at first and then she got caught up in it.  I would give anything if Liam's part in all of this came out, if only to see the look on Fauxdi's face

Since I'm on the topic of stunt casting, how about that Caroline?  We have a storyline with Caroline going along with a heinous lie because she's so desperate to get Thomas back.  But, as I recall, the reason Caroline is in LA is because Fauxdiloks CALLED her and told her to come out.   And Fauxdi didn't call because she thought Douglas needed his father.  She called because she wanted Sally Spectra OUT OF THE WAY.  Fauxdi doesn't give a fuck about Caroline or Douglas or Thomas.  Fauxdi just cares about herself.  Which gives her a lot in common with Bill  It made me sick to see Brooke loving on Bill when he so doesn't deserve it.  The woman Bill Spencer deserves is Fauxdiloks; they're made for each other.  I'll never understand the sudden turnaround with Fauxdi imprinting on Liam after getting knocked out.  Ten minutes before she was madly in love with his old man.  The greatest love story of all time that has taken up hours of airtime and caused Ronnnnn Mosssss to walk is based on a head injury and Fauxdi's desire to hurt her stepsister.  Not the stuff that fairytales are made of. 

Steffy and Bill would be the perfect couple because they're both selfish and self-involved.  Bill doesn't give a shit about Caroline and Douglas either.  He wants to get Sally out of the way too!!!  He's willing to use his 'beloved' niece and grand-nephew because he sees them as the best weapons to get what he wants.  I don't understand why they bothered to bring Caroline back; she's as unnecessary as Sheila.  The story isn't about Caroline, the story is about SALLY.

It's frustrating because interesting stories were pushed aside for the sake of stunt-casting that has added absolutely NOTHING to the show.  What adds insult to injury is they got rid of the one character from past who was actually interesting and fun to watch.  DEACON!!!!  Sean Kanen was given the bum's rush but we're stuck with KB for a whole fucking year.  FUCKERY!!!

• Love 13

Sally is my favourite character on the show but I will be very pissed if she turns her back on Thomas and doesn't forgive him when he forgave her for betraying him just a few months ago. Thomas is being manipulated in a very horrible way by Bill just like Sally was. I think that would be the end of Tally for me if she didn't recognize that and forgive him. I HATE this story but it does put Thomas and Sally on a more equal footing in their relationship with both having hurt each other and hopefully forgiving each other and moving on.

I really, really hope they don't screw up Tally. Sigh.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Could JM please submit yesterday's scene as a part of his Emmy reel?  TK really brought it as well.  I shudder to think how this would have played out with RM, whose Botox injections rendered his face practically immobile by the time he left.  There were some harsh and painful truths told during those scenes.  

That's kinda the irony: if Ronn Moss never left, I fully believe Bell would have never given us anything we've gotten to see in the last four years. They've taken some risks to the character--some, like dropping Ridge off his sainted pedestal, were well needed. He and Brooke needed to be done twenty years ago arguably but definitely in 2005. I don't think the character is fundamentally that different from what he used to be (although he didn't so blatantly shit over and use his kids like he does now) but I don't have to hear half the cast twist themselves in knots on his account nor is Bell trashing other characters to prop Ridge up the way he eventually did with Nick to sell their 2006 reunion.

in some ways, I think they knew what they had with Moss and didn't want to mess that up. I just wish they'd taken some more time to find a different actor that could have sold some of Ridge's easy going charm. I've said many times it was a mistake to have the Holden Snyder actor come on for a day player role because the entire 2005-06 season (and much of everything he got after that on ATWT) might as well have been an audition for Ridge Forrester, because I forgotten how much I truly hated that character and what an asshole he came off as even when he was right until I watched the Luke/Noah story a few months back, but he often had some amazingly wonderful scenes with his children, especially Luke and Faith.

Eh, he could easily play Nick and give the Stallion some real competition for Brooke ?

19 minutes ago, FireSpark said:

Sally is my favourite character on the show but I will be very pissed if she turns her back on Thomas and doesn't forgive him when he forgave her for betraying him just a few months ago. Thomas is being manipulated in a very horrible way by Bill just like Sally was. I think that would be the end of Tally for me if she didn't recognize that and forgive him. I HATE this story but it does put Thomas and Sally on a more equal footing in their relationship with both having hurt each other and hopefully forgiving each other and moving on.

I really, really hope they don't screw up Tally. Sigh.

I would like for her to at least bring up the possibility that Caroline and/or Bill are lying. Kinda like when Maya and Nicole suspected Sasha was lying about being pregnant, except not as smug about being right....because someone sure needs to. :/

And then, once this is over, they can all say "Fuck this" and just find a new damn building and pull themselves away from Bill's insanity.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I would give anything if Liam's part in all of this came out, if only to see the look on Fauxdi's face

What if he found out about her conspiring with Sharpie at the same time?! ??

• Love 2

I will have to give Brad Bell credit when it comes to location shooting. The final shot today courtesy of a drone flying over the cast was amazing. Monte Carlo looks beautiful and the walkway on top of the hotel top was amazing. The hour long soaps can't compete with B&B with location shoots. Whereas GH goes to the local park with the chain link fence B&B is going all over the world. 

• Love 7

I wish that after Eric divorces/disowns/fires Ridge and Quinn, that Quidge vanishes into the horizon.  If Brad Bell is on a stunt casting roll, then here's one for him ... have Jackie Marone arrive back in town on a buying trip for her boutiques. She has lunch at -- where else? -- Il Gardino  with Eric and she confesses that she was tired of the "Four's Company" arrangement with Owen and Bridget and their kid, so she has disengaged herself to let the family function as a "traditional unit." /eyeroll .. Voila! She can help plug the holes at FC and become a new love interest for Eric. 

To get rid of the elephant in the room -- Sheila -- have her go on a jealous rampage and try to harm Jackie in some manner  (I think LAD and KB would play well off each other in the victim/perpetrator roles) and Sheila heads back to the big house for life with no chance of parole.  I always liked LAD and JM. I think they made a striking couple and they had great chemistry on all levels.

• Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, RuntheTable said:

What happened to the show that had me on the edge of my seat? The show I exceeding the speed limit in order to get home and watch? The show that gave me a new fashion house, and business centric SLs, and three amazing couples to invest in?

Why is it we get hateful, distasteful couples like Maya/Rick and Steffy/Liam shoved down our collective throats? Why are these awful characters allowed to live in wedded bliss and have their fucking happily ever after’s, but you can’t let the dynamic and exciting couples have any peace? You know Show, it doesn’t have to be forever, but you could give us a few months. Maybe a year?

Sheila Carter has a hell a nerve to open her disgusting mouth about what Quinn and Ridge did. How they betrayed Eric. As if kissing and fondling can compare to shooting, poisoning, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, and perpetrating a lie against your husband and his entire family about who the fuck you really are. And this is the Eric I hate. The sad sack who let his penis tell him which-a-way to go, and as always with Eric, led him to the danger zone. And now that his headstrong and feisty wife has done something wrong he runs and hides and turns to the darker side. Oh, yes, poor dear, lamenting the horror of his son kissing his wife to the ex-wife that played him like a fiddle and for a fool. I hope Ridge and Quinn do get together because Quinn and Eric are dead to me now.

If Caroline doesn’t fess up any modicum of respect I still had for her will be gone. You don’t love Thomas. You just don’t want him to be with Sally. And you want to flaunt your high society superiority so bad that you would let him believe you are sick? Oh honey, you are sick, but not in the way Thomas thinks. I too felt so bad for him yesterday. Props to PF, who has been doing such a good job with this whole SL. His chemistry with CH is simply off the charts, while I feel nothing between him and LG. All I see with them is her horror and disgust the morning after, and how she couldn’t get away from Thomas fast enough. That and her eyebrows.

I hate to say this, but for once I am on Ridge’s side. Yes, he was wrong to go after Quinn, but he is dead on with his assessment of what is happening with Sheila, and I absolutely believe he wants to protect Eric from her. Ridge may not respect his father, and he may not be able to observe boundaries, but I do believe he loves him as much as Ridge is capable of loving anyone but himself and his deceased mother.

So what does this leave me to root for? Brill is all I have left, and I am fearful that when Brooke hears about Bill’s “plan”, she will be so disappointed she may walk.

Fucking Show.

Agree!  I may be alone here, but not crazy about the Spectra clan! 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Gam2 said:

That scene with Brooke, Slouchy and SlouchyII was so damn lame. Those children acted like they were just waiting for her to stop speaking (Blah, blah, blah) so they could go get ice cream cones. Get them off of my screen please. Can we say bad acting and BORING? 

AGREE!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh please...no Jackie Marone with her annoying "I'm so sexxxxxay" cougar roaring!  If there were a conflict between her & Sheila, I'd like to see BOTH of them fall off a cliff.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Yeah. I kind of forgot about all of that cougar nonsense with Owen. That got old, but I didn't complain about Brandon Beemer! (I just read that he's now on one of the other soaps.)

• Love 1

I was wondering why Liam was MIA; after all, Fauxdi is going to need someone to hold her purse.  And then it came to me:  Monaco is just a little too close to Italy for Fauxdiliox' comfort.  She wouldn't be able to keep an eye on Liam 24/7 and what if he used the Spencer jet to make a quick trip to Milan.  Fauxdi probably confiscated Liam's passport before she left.

• Love 3
On 7/28/2017 at 0:13 PM, CountryGirl said:

And today, TK finally became Ridge Forrester to me. 

Not for me. I still don't see any emotion from him or anything period. And he is so not Ridge Forrester in any way, shape, or alternate universe form. JMcC carried that whole scene all by his lonesome.

Usually I binge watch as much as I can on the weekends, but since Sheila's been back I watch this show every night. It's all I want to see. 

And what a great week it was this week. The most amazing thing to me was that even with the Fashion Showdown coming up  (I'm so excited!) and Sheila (!!!!!) and JMcC (bringing all the A games) - $Bradski stole the show. Mind blown.

(edited)
On 7/28/2017 at 7:31 PM, Waldo13 said:

Did Charlie give Shelia the extortion money?  He must have unless Shelia is now sponging off of Eric. Also, how did she pay for the take out from H Giardino?  It's certainly a heck of a lot more than the dollar menu at McDonalds. 

Shelia is feeding Eric a bowl of shit porridge and Eric is asking may I have some more please?  Shelia is not family anymore and no way should be a confidant.  But the more she hangs with Eric the more she feels emboldened about getting back together. Eric, that old codger, doesn't even consider the fact he is leading her on and in a way looking for an excuse to cheat. 

To me, Eric saying that Quinn and Ridge having an affair" is as stupid as Caroline and Thomas conceiving Douglas during a misunderstanding.  It was not an affair and it was not a misunderstanding. 

I was so disappointed that Eric and Quinn didn't start singing "Somewhere Out There".  By the way, where is Liam.  Aren't charities his thing?  

I also wondered where Sheila got the money to pay for takeout at Il Giardano, which used to be on Melrose Place (in real life), with prices starting at $13.  On a shallow note, did she also stop at Sephora at the Beverly Center?  I only ask because her makeup is a lot more noticeable now, and she obviously spent more time with her appearance since she's been back.  She obviously decided to glamorize herself and did all of this to appeal to Eric.  If Eric didn't feel uncomfortable with confiding in Sheila before, he sure as hell should feel that way now after listening to her idealized memories about there relationship.  Chick has "bunny boiler" written in flashing neon lights across her forehead.  It's unbelievable that Eric is sitting their listening to her ex-con speech.  His B.S. detector should have activated and went into overdrive when Sheila rhapsodized about having his picture in her cell.  Ruh-roh?!  It's even more shocking that Eric would willingly eat anything that she had her hands on.  And, how embarrassing that Eric actually had to subtly correct Sheila when she claimed that he kissed her?  I'm glad to know that my lying eyes didn't deceive me in this instance because Sheila was clearly the instigator and Eric's mouth barely moved.

When I look at the totality of Ridge and Quinn's involvement, I believe they did have an affair even if it was an emotional one with some "innocent kisses" thrown in.  Although Ridge didn't reciprocate when Quinn told him that she loved him, it was clear that he was drawn to her.  Nor, can I forget their "innocent and foolish" goodbye kiss in Australia and the risk they took by rolling around on his bed in the guesthouse.  

The flashback of Eric and Quinn's courtship only infuriated me.  They were a couple that I could actually get behind, as Quinn stepped up and proved without a doubt that she wasn't just marrying Eric for his money.  But, Ridge just had to be thrown into the mix to mess it all up.  So, now what?  Eric has disowned him; he claimed he moved out of the guesthouse and he's not in a "committed" relationship for the first time in years.

I love that B&B has such a large budget for remote shoots especially since the show is so wildly popular in overseas markets.  I am disappointed that Bill is bogged down in this Tally/Carowhine foolery to the point where it hasn't occurred to the writers to take advantage of the memories that marked Brill's time in Monte Carlo.  It's great to finally see them in scenes together but it's all marred by this mess.  Thomas is clearly distracted but his displays of affection with Sally are natural and unforced, which I'm sure Stuffy noticed.   I can't say that about Carowhine and it would serve her needy ass right if she will always have to wonder if Thomas' affections are motivated by his belief that she is dying.

Oh, and I still hate Stuffy.  Smug.  Supercilious.  And, downright trifling.  In my writer's mind, the perfect revenge would have been for Lame to be Monte Carlo shopping for duty-free purses to hold for Stuffy.  He accidentally runs into Hope while she is dining al fresco with Brooke.  When Hope sees what Lame has been reduced to, she shakes her head and looks at Brooke knowingly.  She would later get down on her hands and knees thanking whatever diety she worships that she dodged a bullet.  Not that I want a return of the Triangle of Doom, but anything that causes Stuffy to sweat bullets and yank those Sally's Beauty Supply extensions out of her scalp in frustration would be gratifying to me.  

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 5
On 7/29/2017 at 10:50 AM, grisgris said:

I wish that after Eric divorces/disowns/fires Ridge and Quinn, that Quidge vanishes into the horizon.  If Brad Bell is on a stunt casting roll, then here's one for him ... have Jackie Marone arrive back in town on a buying trip for her boutiques. She has lunch at -- where else? -- Il Gardino  with Eric and she confesses that she was tired of the "Four's Company" arrangement with Owen and Bridget and their kid, so she has disengaged herself to let the family function as a "traditional unit." /eyeroll .. Voila! She can help plug the holes at FC and become a new love interest for Eric. 

To get rid of the elephant in the room -- Sheila -- have her go on a jealous rampage and try to harm Jackie in some manner  (I think LAD and KB would play well off each other in the victim/perpetrator roles) and Sheila heads back to the big house for life with no chance of parole.  I always liked LAD and JM. I think they made a striking couple and they had great chemistry on all levels.

I really enjoyed Eric and Jackie's chemistry when she first arrived.  I thought she was elegant and was a perfect match for him.  I always believed that Massimo wanting to get together with her had more to do with besting Eric yet again.

And, wouldn't it be a hoot if Bill's words came back to bite him if Nick (played by someone else) suddenly showed up and started that "we have to unite our family so that Jack could be raised by both of us" nonsense?  As an added bonus, Nick can have a mysterious autoimmune disease called PulledOutofMyAssItis.  Jackie could prevail upon Brooke repeatedly that Nick doesn't have too long for this world and it would only be right if she reunited with him for Jack's sake.  Brooke would sigh and actually consider it. I'm sure the Stallion wouldn't be so free-wheeling with his self-serving advice then.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 5:31 PM, Gam2 said:

IKR they shuffle off 

Coco: What was she saying?

RJ: When she was in HS her bf died snapchatting and driving. 

Coco: Sounds dangerous, let's stick to Instagram then. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

And, wouldn't it be a hoot if Bill's words came back to bite him if Nick (played by someone else) suddenly showed up and started that "we have to unite our family so that Jack could be raised by both of us" nonsense?  As an added bonus, Nick can have a mysterious autoimmune disease called PulledOutofMyAssItis.  Jackie could prevail upon Brooke repeatedly that Nick doesn't have too long for this world and it would only be right if she reunited with him for Jack's sake.  Brooke would sigh and actually consider it

I don't remember, did Jackie like Brooke?  Did she like Taylor?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't remember, did Jackie like Brooke?  Did she like Taylor?

Jackie adored Brooke, which is why, in some respects, she was a breath of fresh air.  Imagine!  A mother-in-law who didn't physically assault her, tried to kill her, facilitated her rape or tried to be Ridge's de facto wife and the third wheel in her marriage.  

I don't remember too much about how she felt about Taylor.  I always thought that marriage was strange and was solely motivated by Taylor's need to one-up Brooke.  Jackie cared about Bridget and accepted her as Nick's choice, but she always thought that Brooke was "IT" for Nick.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Jackie adored Brooke, which is why, in some respects, she was a breath of fresh air.  Imagine!  A mother-in-law who didn't physically assault her, tried to kill her, facilitated her rape or tried to be Ridge's de facto wife and the third wheel in her marriage.  

That must have been nice!  I actually liked Brooke with Nick...and this is probably a very unpopular opinion, but I liked him with Bridget as well.

Steffy's hair when the show began was so ugly and unbecoming with that huge curl hanging in the wind. Sally's white top was cute but it looked like her self tanner was rubbing off under the arms. Her show stopper "skirt" (?) was just stupid. No one would ever wear that. I actually liked Steffy's outfit much better. Good ole' Bill lies yet again about the results of the competition. Go figure. And worst of all, Katie and Wyatt. JUST NO. A year ago, she was his step-mother, for God's sake. Make this horrible writing stop!

• Love 6