Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So according to $Bill, Katie had a moment when she took Charlie's gun and aimed and fired at Quinn. (And Katie did not know the gun wasn't loaded. Her intent was to kill.) What did $Bill say, we've all had those moments? So I contend that drunken Deacon (who miraculously sobered up after a KO punch from Sludge) had one of those moments and did not do the previous shootings. He didn't really outright admit to the other shootings. His responses were grey in that area and they didn't actually outright ask him about those. Plus, the sharpshooter wore gloves. Deacon Sharpe shooter was not wearing gloves. So who's been wearing the gloves?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The Forrester mansion is Bill Bell's house, right? For the longest time I thought it was Brad Bell's house but then I realized it's been used for 35 years. It's an amazing looking home. I was checking into it today & it has quite a history.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/william-joseph-bill-bell-jr-and-maria-arena-bells-house/view/google/

Bradley Bell's house is used as Brooke's house. His sister LauraLee, who plays Christine on y&r, house was used as the Marrone mansion. William Bell Jr and his ex producer writer wife Maria Arena Bell house was Ridge and Taylor's and is now repurposed as $Bill pad. 

• Love 3

Sleeping on it, I take back the missed opportunity of Sheila being revealed to be Wyatt's lover. What if she's his biological mother? Many on here theorized that Quinn seemed unstable enough that maybe she did abort Bill's baby, had an emotional breakdown over it and ended up stealing another child to compensate. Sheila has some wiggle room in her history where she could've given up a child for some urgent reason with the intent to reclaim it later.

Decades later Sheila has found her baby boy and plans to reclaim him and take out Quinn. It's actually the one circumstance where I could find myself rooting for Quinn. Or at least against Sheila. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

So according to $Bill, Katie had a moment when she took Charlie's gun and aimed and fired at Quinn. (And Katie did not know the gun wasn't loaded. Her intent was to kill.) What did $Bill say, we've all had those moments? 

Haha. I forgot about that one.  

And this is the part of the story that really bothers me. Old Quinn wouldn't have flinched, just scared the daylights out of Katie with a look, gun or no gun. I don't like this quivering mass of Jello Quinn. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Sleeping on it, I take back the missed opportunity of Sheila being revealed to be Wyatt's lover. What if she's his biological mother? Many on here theorized that Quinn seemed unstable enough that maybe she did abort Bill's baby, had an emotional breakdown over it and ended up stealing another child to compensate. Sheila has some wiggle room in her history where she could've given up a child for some urgent reason with the intent to reclaim it later.

Decades later Sheila has found her baby boy and plans to reclaim him and take out Quinn. It's actually the one circumstance where I could find myself rooting for Quinn. Or at least against Sheila. 

Come to think of it,,Bill never did take a paternity test for Wyatt, did he? Not that paternity tests mean anything on soaps, but still.

This idea could totally still work. Add to all the goings-on with the Ambien Twins and Raya over Lizzie and maybe Nicole realizes that she doesn't want to put either her sister or Lizzie under that kinda stress.

• Love 2

Brooke sure has no right to be judgey about Quinn and Ridge since she's been in the whole Forrester father/son love triangle thing.

11 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Oh, please no!

• Love 3

I have to admit it pissed me off to see Deacon being treated like he was the scum of the earth, especially in the company he was keeping.  I like Quinn and all, but to see her act all 'lady of the manor' with Deacon was stomach turning.  Deacon didn't USE Quinn.  He was the only one who accepted her for what she was and what she was wasn't very pleasant.  Right now Quinn is playing 'poor little me' but anyone who REALLY knew Quinn would know that she can take care of herself.  A lot.

Katie has no reason to look down her nose at Deacon either.  She might be the heroine of the hour but the only reason she knew Deacon was holding Quinn at gunpoint was because she's been SPYING on Quinn for ages. Oh, and is Charlie EVER going to be reprimanded for leaving his gun LYING AROUND for nutcases like Katie to wave around.

It was amazing the number of times Deacon mentioned  that Quinn pushed him off a cliff, only to have it brushed aside.  There's no justification for shooting at someone, but doesn't the fact that she tried to kill him fall under mitigating circumstances.

It's a good thing that Brooke decided to marry Bill because it's clear that Ridge isn't carrying a torch.  The scene between them at Forresters could have been between two total strangers.

Deacon's biggest crime is not being born to a wealthy family.  There isn't a single thing that he's done that a member of the Forrester/Spencer clan hasn't. 

I have no words to express how disgusted I am over Quinn's declaration.  Fuckery.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Deacon's biggest crime is not being born to a wealthy family.

Deacon was brought into their lives by Rick, who tried to buy his paternal rights when Amber was about to marry CJ. IIRC, Becky never told him about the baby, so when he was given the money, he was like "Ha ha ha ha no." Then Rick being Rick got indignant about it. 

They've all been willing to use him as a pawn when it suited them--Rick, then Stephanie with Eric III's stock and then Bill with breaking up the 3rd Lope wedding that week.

Come to think of it, given all that, it makes a lot more sense why he married Bridget to stick it to this group of collective fuckers. Not these particular fuckers, but in general 

• Love 8

I had always heard stories that KKL didn't like working with Sean's Kanan. I hadn't thought about it in a while until KKL & DD showed up after SK left the Forrester's but everyone else was still there.  Maybe, the stories were true after all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

That's interesting. I always thought KKL and SK has some amazing on-screen chemistry. Some of their love scenes were bordering on an R-rating!

I remember one in particular!  Lord have mercy!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I had always heard stories that KKL didn't like working with Sean's Kanan. I hadn't thought about it in a while until KKL & DD showed up after SK left the Forrester's but everyone else was still there.  Maybe, the stories were true after all.

From what I understood at the time, SK approached Bradley about working with KKL.  She was opposed to the idea because she knew how damaging the storyline would be to the Brooke character, but Bradley persisted, stating that he "trusted" her to make it work.

Years later when asked if there was a storyline that he regretted penning, Bradley indicated that Breacon was it for the very reasons that KKL didn't want to do the storyline in the first place.

• Love 6

I wouldn't have mined Breacon if he hadn't been paired with Bridget first. Someone a long while ago pointed out that there was only so much that could've been done with Deacon and Bridget even if he didn't end up in Brooke's bed. He likely would've eventually cheated with Amber or someone else or drifted apart as Bridget focused more on her career (ah, the good old days when teens had career goals that weren't "fighting to become Mrs Eggo McWaffle"). It was as much of a waste as Rick and Phoebe would become.

• Love 5
(edited)

Recap for Friday, 6/16/2017:

We open at the Forrester mansion.

Ridge and Quinn are still holding onto each other as Deacon lies unconscious on the living room floor.

Ridge.jpg.93ff7a75924949dce0af6d28b24f5302.jpg

Quinn is clinging and crying and gasping for air.

Ridge, soothingly: "It's over. You're fine. It's okay. You're okay."

Quinn: "I would be dead if it weren't for you."

Ridge: "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you." To all those who are questioning Quinn's shrinking violet act of late (myself included), I think it's (mostly) an act and my, my, my, look at the benefits she's reaping by playing the damsel in distress. Ridge gets to play the Knight in Tarnished Armor. They both win. Yay???

Over at the police station, Eric is discussing Sheila with Lt Hot Dog.

Eric: "This is unbelievable that this has happened. I haven't thought of Sheila Carter, not for a minute. I haven't thought of her for years and now here she is? I have no idea why she's here. And then she shoots at my wife?"

Lt HD: "Yeah, your wife was really lucky. That bullet could have been the end of her."

Eric: " God, I can't bear to even imagine that. Well, the important thing is that she's here. She's caught, and she's behind bars." Except she didn't do it.

Lt HD: "And she will be for a very long time." Not for violating a restraining order.

Eric: "Thank you. I'm very grateful to you that I don't have to worry about Quinn's safety anymore." Not when your son is busily taking care of her.

Lt HD assures Eric that Sheila won't get out on bail, considering her past and recent crimes, then offers to drive Eric home. So assuming Eric drove to the police station, what about his car? Details, details.

Awww, it's my favorite couple. Brooke shows up at SP to surprise Bill.

Brill2.thumb.jpg.3119ffff554b864ea829d3a70c3d7a3a.jpg

They enjoy a nice, long kiss.

Bill: "Hi, Mrs. Spencer." Mrs. Spencer!!!

Brooke smiles into his eyes: "Hi."

Bill, holding her close, "I like when you surprise me at the office. You have to do that more often."

Brooke laughs and teases: "Careful. You're gonna make it so I won't want to leave." I already wouldn't want to leave.

Bill: "Oh, you figured out my secret strategy."

Brooke: "I love your secret strategy. Guess I'm just feeling a little bit guilty." Do NOT feel guilty, Brooke.

Bill: "Guilty? What?! We're married. We're allowed to do this." He eyes her lasciviously.  "And a whole lot more." He kisses her again.

Brooke: "We're lucky to be so happy."

Bill: "Yeah. We deserve it. We worked hard to get here." Hell yes, you did.

Brooke: "I just can't stop thinking about Eric and Ridge. Must be awful dealing with Sheila Carter."

Bill: "This Sheila character sounds loonier than Quinn." 

Brooke, shuddering: "Oh, you don't know the half of it."

Bill: "Maybe I don't want to."

Brooke: "Yeah, you're right. There's better things for us to be doing."

Bill: "There are better things for us to be doing. Good idea." He kisses her again. Thoroughly. 

Brill1.thumb.jpg.8d09f2b7a9da2854e8111c338038df94.jpg

Brooke: "Mm-hmm."

Bill's cellphone chimes and Brooke tells him he should probably check it. He's stunned to learn that shots were fired at the Forrester estate. He and Brooke don't know what to make of it, considering Sheila's in custody.

Bill contacts Wyatt, who confirms he heard the same thing, there was definitely another shooting. Wyatt indicates he's heading over to the house.

Brooke: "Oh my God. We've got to go. We've got to get over there!"

Bill doesn't hesitate: "Let's go."

Back at the mansion, Ridge is calling the police, telling them Deacon is still unconscious and to get over there now! He tells Quinn that the police are on their way.

Quinn can't believe that it was Deacon all along. Was it? She was convinced it was Sheila, but she was also convinced it was Katie.

Deacon groans and begins to show signs of coming around.

Quinn: "He's waking up, what do we do?" Still playing the damsel act to the hilt I see because the Quinn I know would have bashed his head in with a candlestick already.

Deacon groans again and sits up: "What the hell happened?"

Quinn: "You tried to kill me, you idiot!" Oh that is truly rich, coming from you.

Deacon slowly gets up, then sits on the couch, still groggy.

Ridge yells at him to step back, the gun still in his hand.

Deacon: "Oh crap! With that? I must have drank a little too much." Is the gun even loaded? 

Ridge, channeling his inner Dirty Harry, "Go ahead. Try something else. Be the last thing you do." He tells Deacon the police are on their way.

Deacon: "Hey, look, I'm not stupid, all right? I'm not gonna try anything. I just want to talk to Quinn alone for a minute."

Quinn: "You are such a fool! You're gonna spend the rest of your life in prison!" If I could have reached through the TV and strangled her here, I would have. The utter gall of her, crowing about prison when she should have already been in a cell for a few years now.

Deacon tells her he's broke and just needed a little help.

Quinn: "By shooting at me?"

Deacon tells her he tried to reach out to her, to no avail. Because you had served your purpose of getting her through the days - and nights - before she moved on to someone bigger and better richer.

Ridge: "She doesn't owe you anything, Deacon."

Deacon: "Oh, that's easy for you to say, Forrester. I loved her. She dumped me. You broke my heart."

Quinn: "You are so selfish. Things are always all about you. You are a worthless drunk! I should have known you would do something like this! I don't want you near me ever again!" Oh fuck you and your matron of the manor act! Not to mention revisionist history. Deacon helped her with the jewelry business and he took care of things at home, including the cooking/grocery shopping, so she could focus on work. The truth is that he supported her in every way that counts.

Deacon: "All right. Calm down, all right? You're fine. You're as beautiful as ever."

Quinn: "Are you serious? You're hitting on me right now? Really?" Don't flatter yourself.

Deacon begs her to call off the cops and let him walk out of there (the way he let her walk out of the cabin after she tried to kill him.

Quinn: "You should have thought about that before you tried to kill me!" OMFG, this bitch! Just look at the murderous look on her face right now.

Quinn3.jpg.b21941290efce9e823bed4ba23ef1c5d.jpg

Deacon: "You tried to kill me first! Now we're even!" Finally!

Quinn: "No, it was just a little shove! That's all!" "A little shove????"

giphy.gif

Deacon is indignant and rightfully so: "A little shove off a cliff into the ocean! You know, thank God there was high tide, otherwise I would have been a goner! Yeah! Did I go to the cops?! No! Why? 'Cause I'm not a snitch! I gave you a second chance!  I'm just asking for you to do the same!" But Quinn is anything but receptive.

Deacon snarks at Ridge: "You know, for a dressmaker, you got a pretty good right hook." It's a shame he and Bill couldn't have teamed up to put Ridge in his place.

Ridge: "You're lucky that's all you got. I said don't move."

Deacon: "What? You gonna bust a cap in me? I got it."

Quinn eyes Ridge: "Hey. How did you know to come and save me?"

Ridge: "Katie saw that you were in trouble. She called me."

Cue Katie arriving (and how, exactly, did Katie know it was safe to come over? Ditto for Wyatt, Brooke, and Bill.) 

Quinn can't rush over fast enough. That's a switch.

Katie: "Oh, Quinn! Thank God you're okay."

Quinn: "Thank you so much. If it wasn't for you and Ridge, I wouldn't be here right now." I'm guessing this newfound peace will last about three days.

Katie asks about Sheila and Ridge tells her it's not Sheila.

Her jaw drops: "Deacon?"

Deacon looks at her and I can't do his expression justice because it's just so good, complete with a flirty head tilt. "Yeah."

Deacon.jpg.bd29b6db69cf449b2cfb0f0da7616655.jpg

We hear sirens then and Eric enters the house, calling for Quinn.

Ridge: "She's in here. She's fine, Dad." Quinn eagerly accepts his comfort like the soul-sucking emotional vampire she is. Wonder if her body is still warm from Ridge's embrace.

Eric: "Thank God. Thank God. Are you all right?" Of course she is. She has her husband and her soon-to-be lover fawning all over her and her ex-husband still thinking she's beautiful. It's a banner day for Quinn Fuller Sharpe Forrester.

Lt HD: "We heard about the shooting over the radio. What happened?"

Eric spies his former son-in-law: "Deacon? What are you doing here?" Ridge reveals Deacon was the shooter, not Sheila. I  wouldn't be too sure about that.

Eric curls his lip in disgust: "It was you?"

Deacon: "Yeah, it was me. But she did it first! Oh, yeah. She pushed me off a cliff. What? Your blushing bride didn't tell you that one?" Of course not. As if Eric would have cared. It's just Deacon. And he overlooked her attempted murder of Liam (twice) and Ivy, not to mention the kidnapping and assault of Liam. The hypocrisy continues to amaze. Not to mention the ridiculousness of not one cop, Lt HD included, calling the discussion to a halt to get more details about Deacon being pushed. Off of a motherfucking CLIFF!!!

Quinn narrowing: "You're crazy." No, Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. That would be you.

Deacon protests: "See what I mean?! You see what I mean?! Crazy! Nice attitude! You know, now that you're Mrs. Eric Forrester living up here in this big estate, loaded with gold cards and cash! What about me? What do I get? Nothing! Nada! I helped you build your business! And you just left me high and dry. Quinn, all I wanted was a couple of bucks."

Eric calls him a SOB and Lt HD directs one of his officers to cuff Deacon, who insists he wasn't trying to be greedy and that he didn't mean for it to come to this, but she wouldn't answer his texts.

Quinn: "You just tried to end my life and you're complaining that I wouldn't answer your texts? I was right to cut you out of my life! You're insane!"

Deacon: "Oh, yeah, I'm insane, right? Ha! That's rich coming from you!" Amen, brother!

Katie stares at Deacon, putting two and two together: "You were on my property, weren't you?"

Deacon turns on a dime and OMG, SK is magic here: "Wait, you own that big house over there? Wow. You seeing anyone these days?" 

Deacon.jpg.be8ec394b050cc6ceb58933199feb765.jpg

I think I rewound that bit a half-dozen times. He's charming and not a little suggestive and Katie's face is trying to say she's disgusted, but I see some interest perking up there. Tell me you saw it, too.

Katie.jpg.a3662dcdbd18065375cd32ab1af3cdb1.jpg

In all of the chaos of the cops and everyone else, there was that little moment of possibility between them and it was enough for me to say this:

TPTB, if you are lurking (and we know you are), MAKE DATIE HAPPEN!

tenor.gif

Katie is flustered (uh huh): "My God. Did you do this to set me up so I would take the fall?"

Deacon: "No. Come on, Katie. You've always been really cool with me. No, I would never do that to you. What kind of guy you think I am?" Again with the bad boy who is a good man charm and Katie is going to go home tonight and think about him...and yes, like that. I know I would.

Quinn, sarcasm dripping with every word: "No, he wouldn't do that. He would just try and kill me. He's a real standup guy." I seriously hate her. More than Fauxdiloks and I didn't think that was possible.

Lt HD has had enough of this nonsense and questions Deacon about working with Sheila. Deacon thought Sheila was six feet under and is shocked to learn she's not. Lt HD places Deacon under arrest.

Deacon: "Wait, come on, guys. I said I was sorry!"

Eric: "Sorry doesn't cut it, all right? You're gonna pay for everything you've done to this family!" The way Quinn has paid? 

Deacon: "Quinn, please. Come on. Come on, baby. You know me! I-I wasn't never gonna hurt you! I just wanted some attention." The cuffs are slapped on and he's led toward the front door. "Ow! Look, all right. All right, look, I'm sorry, all right? I'm sorry I messed everything up. Eric, I'm sorry to you, too. Come on. No hard feelings, right? Look, I've always respected you. Actually, I think you guys make a nice-looking couple. I mean it. I hope you're happy."

Eric: "You're pathetic. You've never been anything but trouble around here." I'm seriously shaking my head right now.

Deacon: "Eric, please. Let me make this up to you, all right? Look, I'll do anything! I'm practically begging! Quinn, I just wanted a reaction!"

Quinn: "Oh, come on! Just stop talking and get out of here!"

Eric: "Don't you come anywhere near my wife again!" Newsflash Eric - she ain't worth it!

Deacon yells about a lawyer and is led outside.

Moments later, Bill and Brooke arrive, closely followed by Wyatt, who rushes to embrace his mother.

Bill: "Everyone all right?" See, he does have a heart.

Brooke wants to know why Deacon was being put in a police car. They fill everyone in on Deacon being the shooter.

Wyatt: "Wait, why would Deacon--what the hell happened here?"

Katie pipes up: "I saw that Quinn was in trouble, and I called Ridge immediately, and he saved her life."

Eric: "Thank God for that. I've never been more grateful to my son in my life." What about Katie? Yes, I know, giving her credit for anything, ever, is like eating worms.

Ridge: "As long as everyone's okay."

Quinn: "I don't know how I'm ever gonna be able to thank you." I'm sure Ridge can think of a way.

Brooke and Katie are eyeing this exchange closely and knowingly.

Bill: "So Sheila Carter really had nothing to do with this? Deacon was the shooter the whole time?"

Eric: "Apparently." 

Brooke: "This is crazy. He's had his issues before, but nothing like this." And that's why I still don't think it was Deacon.

Quinn talks about how he's been making veiled threats for months, but she figured if she ignored him, he'd give up and go away.

Wyatt: "Mom, you should have said something. We could have gotten a restraining order or more security around here, something."

Quinn: "I honestly didn't think he would take it this far. He shot at me. He came into my house.  I was terrified. I thought that was the end. If it wasn't for Katie and Ridge, I'd be dead." Wyatt takes a moment to thank them both.

Eric turns to Katie: "Katie. Thank you. If you hadn't been so fast on your feet, I don't know what would have happened. I'm so grateful you got down here in time. You saved my wife's life."

Katie laughs nervously. I'm wondering if a part of her isn't thinking, dammit, I should have let sleeping dogs lie.

Eric: "Ridge, you're the hero today." Oh puke! "Thank you. Quinn, I'm sorry. I left you here. I thought you were safe. Sheila was at the police station. She was being booked and fingerprinted, and I thought you were perfectly safe here. I never would have left you alone otherwise. I'm sorry." Quinn sighs and OMG, is she going to start crying again. Milking this shit for all it's worth because I don't believe for a nanosecond she was ever in danger from Deacon.

Lt HD calls Eric then, telling him that Deacon's being booked right now and that he also spoke to Sheila: "Apparently she was telling the truth. She wasn't involved in either shooting. But she did violate the restraining order, which gives us cause to hold her in custody, so what do you want to do?"

We don't get the answer to that.

Wyatt remarks that if he had been there....with Bill telling him to take it easy: "Look, I'm all for a good ass-kicking, but the police have it under control." Bill asks Katie about Will and she says he's been at Donna's all day.

Brooke: "This is awful what Quinn's been through." 

giphy.gif

There you have it, ladies and gentleman, the Canonization of St Quinn is complete, and why I thought this show was better than stooping to the most played out soap tropes (even more trifling and tiresome than triangles of doom and WTD) is beyond me. But I hate with the fire of a thousand suns when TPTB try to manipulate viewers into liking a vile character by having some kind of tragedy befall them. It is so unnecessary here because I was coming around to Quinn with her initial storyline with Eric. Only for her to be ruined, beyond redemption (IMO), by her affair with Ridge.

Bill: "Yeah, it's terrible." I had to laugh at the absolute insincerity of Bill's tone here. "Uh, most importantly, uh, Katie, you've been vindicated."

Katie appears to show remorse at her actions as she recounts recent events.

Wyatt: "Yeah, we kind of heard about that."

Katie: "I feel terrible about it."

Bill is kind to his ex here: "You had a moment, Katie. We've all had them."

Brooke: "The important thing is that you're okay and you were able to call Ridge and then he was able to rescue Quinn."

Katie: "Yeah. Quinn owes her life to Ridge."

Brooke: "This will connect them forever."

Brooke.jpg.0a70c8415635126b23b5eace4bf2c8eb.jpg

The sisters share a look as, unseen, Ridge and Quinn step out onto the terrace.

Quinn hugs herself and seriously, enough with the "I'm so scared" act. Ridge is protectively standing behind her.

Quinn1.thumb.jpg.ee878f0247bd2e44dca4a576de1b8139.jpg

Quinn: "Sends shivers down my spine to think about what he tried to do to me."

Ridge: "Deacon is in custody. He can't hurt you anymore."

Quinn: "I almost died today. And when I needed someone...more than I've ever needed anyone in my life... you risked yours to protect me." Still milking it.

Ridge: "And I would do it again." Like catnip to her ears.

Quinn: "Look at this house. My family and my husband. I have this renewed sense of gratitude." Oh really? Then why are you out here on this terrace when you should be inside. With your husband. She is the cake-eater of all time. 

Ridge: "So something good came out of all this."

Quinn: "Because of you. Because of what you did for me." She places her hand on his shoulder. 

Quinn: "I'm sorry." No, she is not the least bit sorry. "I have to say this...I love you. " Aaaannd fade to black.

Quinn2.thumb.jpg.9037ab0a28534ed109031866cb3e525a.jpg

Color me not surprised. I'm just surprised she didn't kiss him right there on the terrace. 

I hate her, guys. I seriously hate her and I hope these two get outed but good.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 19

I saw it too.  Datie, Show - please, please, please!  

You know, this damsel in distress crap is completely unnecessary. I can't justify Quidge on any level, but it was kind of interesting to watch Quinn and Ridge's playing with fire for reasons that made sense for the characters. I didn't like it but I wanted the pay-off of Eric finding out and Quinn realizing what she'd lost and how stupid it was.  And if it had led to some kind of Eric/Ridge epic battle that would have been okay too, because Quinn is just a symptom in that father/son relationship.  

I might have bought that Quinn is playing some kind of long con if they'd given her some kind of conspirator, which in the beginning I thought we had with Deacon's brief appearance when Queric was revealed.  I suppose when they get tired of Quinn, that's what will happen. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

There you have it, ladies and gentleman, the Canonization of St Quinn is complete, and why I thought this show was better than stooping to the most played out soap tropes (even more trifling and tiresome than triangles of doom and WTD) is beyond me. But I hate with the fire of a thousand suns when TPTB try to manipulate viewers into liking a vile character by having some kind of tragedy befall them. It is so unnecessary here because I was coming around to Quinn with her initial storyline with Eric. Only for her to be ruined, beyond redemption (IMO), by her affair with Ridge.

God, no kidding. This show has had its undeserving saints in Taylor and Maya, but neither of them were lunatics that nearly killed their kid's romantic rivals or raped people while they were out of their minds and passed it off for love.

im sure the shooter will either be Ivy of Liam has somehow gone all "Me, Myself and Irene" now that he's settled into domestic bliss with Steffy (*barf*) and his mind has calmed down enough to process the trauma he was put through. I hope it's the latter, but B&B and Bell are morons that throw good money after bad, so I'm more certain it's Ivy as they write her off the show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

This.  So much THIS.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who was pissed off beyond the height of pissivity by St. Quinn of the Crazy Eyes and her attempt to gaslight Deacon into thinking that he is the insane one and that pushing him off of a cliff to his DEATH is just some inconvenient kerfuffle that he needed to get over.  I can't tell you how many times I screamed, "FUCK YOU, QUINN!" at the TV.  I rolled my eyes so hard, and murmured, "Bitch, please," so many times I'm surprised I don't have a migraine.  She needs to go to the Staples Center and take every seat.

As for Miss Katie, all I can say is, girl, you know you want some of that.  Make all the scrunchy faces and purse your lips all you want, but you know you want your turn aboard the Sharpe-a-Whirl.  It sure as hell makes a lot more sense than trying to go after Eric.

Great to see the honeymooners again.  BTW--does Bill still have that secret room at the office?

• Love 11

And why is Nicole confiding only in her? Because her sorry ass should be a college student, too.

Maya's makeup was horrible and Nicole needs to just go away and not come back until she's fixed that wig problem. Sheila also isn't very attractive to look at, except from certain angles. That is mean, I know, but I don't want her back at all. Since that's obviously happening, though, I hope she's going to act like a normal fucking human being. Yeah, she may scheme to rekindle her love with Eric, who also is looking kind of old and liver spotted today, but do it like a normal person and not all the putting people's lives and/or sanity at risk bullshit. I hate that kind of thing. When she went to use the powder room I wondered if she was setting up a wiretap.

Zende's face cracked me up when Rick said "we'll get Nicole to sign the papers and everything will be fine." It had a "good luck with that" thing going on. And Maya looked like she wanted to cut a bitch when Nicole was like, hmmm, don't think I can do that.

• Love 9
(edited)

Ha! They're already setting it up for the Queridge emotional affair to be retroactively justified by Eric welcoming Sheila into Quinn's home and telling her to get over it.

The thing is Quinn now knows how Liam has felt having to grin and bear her presence in his life after all the crap she pulled on him and him being told to accept her because she's been through so much and is really trying to change.  Well now everyone is selling that crap to her about Sheila and Eric expects her to accept it. How about them apples?

22 minutes ago, politichick said:

And Maya looked like she wanted to cut a bitch when Nicole was like, hmmm, don't think I can do that.

On one hand, I totally get Maya being a protective mommy. On the other, she really hasn't had to put herself in Nicole's shoes about what she was really asking her kid sister to give up for her and how big a deal it was.  Maya's ire is probably as much how Nicole just isn't going along with the plan anymore and standing in the way of 'the perfect life that she she is entitled to and totally deserves'.

Article about Sheilamania. Has some spoilers. Got a feeling that

Spoiler

Katie and Wyatt are on since they say she's getting a new love interest. Finally!

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4
(edited)

What happened to the urgency of designing a new collection?  The CEO office has become a nursery and the design office has become a place to sulk. 

Eric Eric Eric, once a fool always a fool.  Katie and now Shelia, does Eric even realize he's not being magnanimous but just a horses ass.  I don't bye in Eric just wanting to keep her close. 

There is no two ways about it that Coco is older than RJ. Why would Nicole have that conversation with Coco unless she thought of her as someone close to being her age.  

Im looking forward to having a hair pulling fight or should I say wig pulling fight between Nicole and Maya. It just goes to show you once again how shallow Rick and Maya are about other people's feeling. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Im looking forward to having a hair pulling fight or should I say wig pulling fight between Nicole and Maya. 

Hey, I'm all for whatever it takes to get that nasty ass thing that lives on Nicole's head removed.

51 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ha! They're already setting it up for the Queridge emotional affair to be retroactively justified by Eric welcoming Sheila into Quinn's home and telling her to get over it.

Reveal hidden contents

Katie and Wyatt are on since they say she's getting a new love interest. Finally!

Retroactively justified indeed. 

Let the two asses get together and Quinn can get her comeuppance when Ridge inevitably dumps her for someone else 6 months or so down the road. She is the biggest idiot on the planet if she thinks this is twue wuv for the ages and they'll just roll off into the sunset in their wheelchairs or somesuchshit.

Quinn doesn't get that she's an itch he can't scratch, an intriguing scratch, but a scratch nonetheless and once he's had her for a few rolls in the hay, she won't be worth the fallout and he'll be done with her. Because at the end of the day, this is Ridge Forrester and she's just another woman. She could be anyone.

• Love 9

I think Coco is being Slouchy 2 because she's taller than the actor playing Slouchy.  Check it out next time they stand face to face to kiss.  Since she doesn't seem very tall, Slouchy must be .... um... rather vertically challenged.

Nicole's dead animal wig has got to go.  Maybe Show is trolling us to see how horrendously awful the wig can be before RE rebels.

Nicole honey, have you even hinted/ mentioned/ told ZZZZZende how much you bonded with Lizzy and she's your daughter?  Or are you just going to show up at home with -- "Surprise!!"

I think the Lizzy custody battle will be interesting only because Julius will be right in the middle of it.  I have a feeling ZZZZZende will side with Raya.  He wants his own kid not his Uncle's.  As it is she's his cousin (not blood related though).

Let's be honest here, there are quite a number of us who'd like a ride on the Sharpe-a-Whirl (raises hand).

• Love 8

Nicole refusing the sign the conveniently screwed up adoption papers (who couldn't have predicted that 3 months ago?) was also so predictable. I think she's losing her mind and I loved Maya ORDERING her to sign the damn papers! This will turn into a shit fest in which I have absolutely no interest. Don't care about Rick, Maya, Nicole or Zzzzzzende. On the other hand, that baby is too cute for words. This will drag on for weeks, months until we all stop watching out of sheer boredom.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Let's be honest here, there are quite a number of us who'd like a ride on the Sharpe-a-Whirl (raises hand).

Given he dumpster humped Phyllis over on Y&R and also given both Nikki and her daughter Victoria some nookie, as pretty as that face is, I just couldn't do it. Between the three of those ladies and who they slept with (Victor, Billy, Nick, Ronan, Jack, Paul) and who they all slept with, Deacon's been exposed to all of Genoa City! 

And then there are the 'what happens in prison, stays in prison' arrangements he's probably had to make to keep his pretty face pretty so yeah.....wouldn't chance it. ?

• Love 3

Not me.  I was never very attracted to Deacon.  I agree with what Brad Bell says about Deacon being best served in small doses. He is too intense to be on full-time in a front-burner SL.

Sheila: "Ridge. You look different." Extra kudos is KB ad-libbed that.  Ha! Ha! Ha!

Eric's about face with Sheila didn't make a lick of sense. He wouldn't budge an inch in the presence of Lt. HD but he suddenly left his home -- leaving his clearly "distraught" wife -- to go rescue Sheila from jail? I thought he wanted her locked up permanently. His argument about "keeping her close" didn't have any logic either. It's just going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  For once, I agree with Sludge. Eric is playing with fire.

After Maya's little display of bitchiness at the end of the show, I wouldn't mind mixing her up with Sheila, either.  Would it be too much to ask to have ZZZZende and Nicole swipe Lizzie and run far, far away to never return? I'm sick to death of them.

I sign that once Sludge and Quinn do the deed that he'll get bored and drop her. Just another notch on the bedpost in the live of Ridge Forrester.

• Love 5

Maya seemed more panicked and borderline hysterical than bitchy to me. I'm sure that's every adoptive parent's nightmare.  But RE's very odd acting choices (if they are choices) aren't helping this story. Someone needs to get her an energy drink or two before her scenes.  

• Love 10

Would it be too much to ask to have ZZZZende and Nicole swipe Lizzie and run far, far away to never return? I'm sick to death of them.

Even better is Sheila kidnaps her and pisses them *all* off.

Eric's about face with Sheila didn't make a lick of sense. He wouldn't budge an inch in the presence of Lt. HD but he suddenly left his home -- leaving his clearly "distraught" wife -- to go rescue Sheila from jail? I thought he wanted her locked up permanently. His argument about "keeping her close" didn't have any logic either. It's just going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  For once, I agree with Sludge. Eric is playing with fire.

Par the course for Eric, who is,always dismissive of his current wife's concerns: Brookes concerns about Stephanie, Sheila's concerns about Stephanie,  Stephanie's concerns over both Brooke *and* Sheila, Donna's concerns about Pam until she was turned into bear bait and Quinn's concerns about everyone not named Ivy.

But this one takes the fucking cake. Sheila and her track record of insanity goes way back before she even met him. She ran off with Mary, brainwashed her into perusing Rick as Erica Lovejoy and when that fell apart, she shoots Taylor and Brooke. Then goes on to try to kill Ridge barely a year after that.

My God, was the sex really that great?  That's the only explanation, because Eric never uses the head that's attached to his neck when thinking about this kind of thing. If he did, he wouldn't be married to Quinn, either.

• Love 4

Kimberlin Brown does crazy well. She does it so well she was basically type cast in the role of Sheila. I know she did some other small parts on soaps but alot of actresses are able to jump from soap to soap with big roles. She never seemed to be able to break that ceiling. Although, she might have done well on GH playing a mob princess. LOL!!!

• Love 7

I didn't see this mentioned, so forgive me if it has been, but it's so obvious that Sheila will be the one to out Ridge/Quinn & Eric won't believe her. She'll put it together much faster than $Bill, whom I can't believe didn't pick up on that look or the language between Katie & Brooke about Quin & Ridge being bonded forever since he saved her life. I always though $Bill would out them, but I'm going with Sheila now. 

This may be unpopular, but I'm glad that Nicole & Coco are friends. Soaps never show female friendships anymore, but they used to be the best part - Robin & Brenda on GH, Kristen & Jen on Days, Cricket & Nina on Y&R - & while I know that Nicole is about to snap & Coco is playing the sounding board role, it's nice that they're building a friendship for her beyond people she shares blood with, a child with, or a bed with.

At this point, I don't care who Wyatt hooks up with, but it's been almost a year of celibacy for him. Give the boy some lovin! 

• Love 10
(edited)

From what little I have seen of Nicole, all I know is that she has on a cheap, bad-fitting wig and horrible makeup that ages her by 20 years.  Plus, the chick never seems to smile.  Imagine my shock when I saw the flashback of her giving birth to Lizzie and realizing that her mouth does turn up into a smile!  I don't know if it's because of the actress' lack of talent or her acting choices, but her delivery is sleep-inducing and for someone so young she has no pep in her step whatsoever.  She even makes Zzzzende look alive!

As much as I dislike Maya, I have to say that I've never seen anything to indicate that she was less than devoted to Lizzie.  She looked like she was ready to snatch a bitch's wig off and throw it in the toilet.  Was it selfish to put her little sister in that position?  Yes.  Which, is why it's not a great idea to use a surrogate with whom you have a personal relationship.  Nor, does it help that Julius is in Nicole's ear like Iago, egging her on with his, "Lizzie knows you are her mother!" speeches.

As for Quinn, Miss Thing is in for a world of butt hurt if she's trying to consider Sludge her prince in rusty, dusty armor.  Notice how when she told Sludge that she loved him, he couldn't respond in kind.  Oh, he has an itch for her because he's so self-destructive.  But, love her?  Nope!  Boo-boo., ask your predecessors how that shit worked out.  And, no wonder Sludge is nervous about Sheila being in the house.  I get that she tried to kill him, but I don't think that's just it.  I would venture to guess that real recognizes real in this instance.  Something Sheila said about Sludge taking care of his father's wife caused me to perk up instantly.  That bitch knows!  I'm convinced of it and I wonder if her little trip upstairs to refresh herself had another purpose.  There is something about that smirk as she looked toward the house that leads me to believe that in spite of Brooke and everyone else's best efforts to protect Eric from knowing the truth about his duplicitous wife and son, Sheila will be the one who will ultimately out them.  And, it will be well deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 11
(edited)

I was looking at a few YT clips and you can tell the actress is low key but it wasn't nearly as bad back when she was first on.  I'd forgotten how painful the whole Wyatt woos Nicole for the "secret" was but RE was so much better. Smiling definitely helps.

ETA: add a +1 for Nicole and CoCo being friends. I just wish they were hanging out, dating college guys and having fun with fashion. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 7
(edited)

Recap for Monday, 6/19/2017:

We open at the Forrester mansion and it looks like it's the next day. Ridge walks in and finds Quinn lurking just inside the home, steps away from the terrace.

She's doing her "I'm so scared" hugging herself again and I'm over it.

Ridge: "You know, it's safe to go out there."

Quinn: "It's gonna take awhile." I'd believe it more if you hadn't gone out there HOW many times after one bullet almost hit you? Not to mention, you're Quinn. 

Ridge: "Deacon's in jail. He admitted he tried to shoot you." Did he though? I don't recall him saying he fired all or any of the shots that occurred on the terrace.

Quinn: "And he would have shot me if it hadn't been for you. Sorry. What I said after everything... but I do. I do love you, Ridge." 

Ridge is clearly uncomfortable: "That's enough." Notice he doesn't say it back, not even a hint of reciprocation.

Quinn: "Seeing Brooke and Bill together, everything you've lost because of me-" But I'm worth it, right? her big blue calf eyes are asking.

Ridge: "I'm to blame for that, too. But you're safe. And that's all that matters."

Quinn: "Because of you."

Ridge: "You're safe, and you're alive. You're strong. You're gonna move past Deacon and everything else."

Quinn: "'Everything' meaning this?" Always fishing...

Ridge: "Especially this."

They share a long, meaningful look that is, thankfully, interrupted by Eric, who has arrived home.

He stands there in the open doorway: "Good...you're both here."

Quinn is curious as to where he went and he shares that they have a visitor.

Quinn: "We do?"

Eric turns to look over his shoulder: "Sheila?"

Sheila steps into the foyer, smiling. KB looks luminous. It's the first time she's been in this house in almost two decades.

bold-eric-shelia-visit-2.jpg

Sheila greets Ridge: "It's good to see you again, Ridge. You look...different." He certainly does and it's a cute nod to his being recast. KB has a little twinkle in her eye as she says this and so does TK (it's almost a breaking the fourth wall kind of moment). She turns to face Eric's wife. "And, Quinn, nice to properly meet you."

Ridge is furious that Eric brought her here (to the scene of one of her crimes, where she shot Taylor and Brooke...speaking of Taylor, who did not die from those wounds after all, you had ONE JOB, Sheila!)

Eric: "Sheila's had a very trying time of this, too."

Ridge: "Why is she here in our home after everything that happened?"

Eric: "She had nothing to do with all this Deacon insanity. She was a victim of it all just as much as my wife was." He looks to Quinn: "How are you? You okay?"

Quinn in a totally fake quavery voice: "I'm feeling a little bit better."

Eric: "Yeah? Good. That's all thanks to him." He looks fondly at Ridge.

Ridge: "Let's stay on point. Why is this woman here after everything she has done to our family?" Why is Quinn here after everything she's done to your family? To your daughter, Steffy, to your stepdaughter, Hope, to your son-in-law, Liam? Not only has Ridge hand-waved all of that away, he's turned on by her dark, twisty, crazy side.

Eric: "Well, that's exactly why we were all so quick to rush to judgment. I was, too. I'm well aware of the horrible things that Sheila's done to our family. My eyes are wide open. But for her to be falsely accused and to spend a day in jail for it?" 

Sheila: "You were judging me for the person that I was in the past, all of you, and I don't blame you for any of that. And I don't expect you to believe me when I say that I've changed, but I have. I regret it, all of it, especially what I did to your family. For what it's worth, it's not much, I'm deeply, sincerely sorry."

Ridge, sarcastic: "That's sweet. You apologized...Now get out!"

Eric interjects: "I don't think it's too much to ask for us to at least listen."

Ridge: "I just did listen."

Sheila: "Eric, you know what? Thank you. Thank you for bringing me into your home. But I do understand Ridge's concerns and I'm a distraction I don't want to be." She looks back toward the doorway.

Eric: "Sheila, I know this has been difficult for you, for you to have to spend a day in jail. I think maybe we owe you an apology."

Ridge is furious now but Eric won't be cowed by him.  He offers Sheila some iced tea, which she accepts and he's off to the kitchen to get it for her, leaving his wife, his son, and Sheila alone in the living room.

He's gone just long enough for Sheila to admire Quinn's portrait and Quinn soaks up the praise.

Sheila: A stunning portrait. The new Forrester matriarch.

Eric is back with the tea and Sheila remarks on what a beautiful home the mansion is and that she remembers it well.

Ridge snarks: "I'm sure you do."

Sheila: "Quinn, you must have been horrified. Eric told me about what happened." She goes on to add: "You're a very lucky woman, you know, to have so much goodness in your life. The woman that I'm becoming right now is largely because of this man." She looks at Eric. "Only I could have screwed that up. He's lucky to have someone so devoted and loyal." 

Quinn seems genuinely appreciative: "Thank you, Sheila. That's very nice of you to say."

Sheila: "And Ridge... I heard that Brooke married Bill Spencer. I thought for sure that you and Brooke would have ended up together." A little bit of a thinly-veiled passive-aggressive dig here but it's Ridge, so she can dig all she wants.

Ridge: "Well, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He couldn't care less about losing Brooke.

Sheila's eyes are laser-focused on Ridge: "I'm not worried about you. I know you can take care of yourself. Much like you took care of your father's wife. " Uh huh...her Spidey senses tell her there's something arot at this mansion. Go with those senses, Sheila. "Thank you for the tea. Uh... as far as putting me in jail..." She gives a sheepish look and Eric apologizes. Sheila laughs it off: "Oh, don't worry about it. All's well that ends well. I just wanted to come by and try to make amends for my past. I'm gonna be leaving town. If you feel the need to get in touch with me, my information's on the card."

Ridge tells her snidely that she should keep the card and she sidesteps that, asking to freshen up before she leaves and recalls exactly where the powder room  is.

When she's out of earshot, Ridge again takes Eric to task: "What are you doing? Why is she here in our house?" Love how Quinn's just casually sitting on the couch.

Ridge-Eric-disagree-Quinn-B-HW.jpg

Eric: "Do this with me."

Ridge: "Do what with you?"

Eric: "This. This. I know what she's capable of. I want to keep her close." I, too, questioned WTF, Eric, with bringing Sheila to his home but it makes sense that he would want to make her feel comfortable and keep in touch, so he can try to be one step ahead of her. Although that will never happen because she's about 10 steps ahead of everyone else. I also feel like there's a part of him that recognizes how easily he forgave Quinn and fell for her, despite everything, and how hypocritical would he be to not throw Sheila a bone.

Eric reminds Ridge: "I had her put in jail for a crime she did not commit."

Ridge is highly skeptical: "That remains to be seen."

Eric: "She's trying to turn her life around."

Ridge: "No, what she's trying to do is get back with this family. She manipulates people." Just like your sweetie-pie, Quinn.

Eric: "I know, Ridge! I know." He's had enough.

Sheila comes back into the living room then: "I just wanted to say thank you again. You don't know how much this means to me, being in this house after all these years."

Ridge: "Well, you said what you had to say. And now it's time to go. Come on." He starts toward her but Eric insists HE will show Sheila out. They walk outside.

Quinn hisses to Ridge: "Was that really necessary?"

Ridge: "Yes. I don't want her here. My dad is playing with fire." Apparently, he likes fire. 

Outside, Eric apologizes for Ridge's behavior.

Sheila shrugs it off: "Oh, don't apologize for him. I really can't blame Ridge. But thank you for sticking up for me."

Eric: "He doesn't believe you've changed."

Sheila is so hopeful here: "But I have. You can see it, can't you, Eric?"

Eric: "I want to believe that anybody can change if they really want to." And he does believe it, where Quinn is concerned.

Sheila laughs: "That means a lot to me. Thank you. And I'm really happy that you found someone like Quinn who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. But let me tell you what. If she doesn't, I just might bust her one." They share a smile and see? Progress. It's also foreshadowing or perhaps my wishful thinking that Sheila will soon learn Ridge and Quinn's dirty little secret and use that information as only she knows how.

Eric: "Well, don't worry. Quinn is just about the ideal wife. She's committed, she's dedicated." And I just about choked on my Diet Dew.

Sheila: "Good. It's what you deserve - the perfect wife." He moves to walk her to her car: "I can see myself to the car. But thank you, Eric, for everything."

Eric: "Okay. Take care of yourself, Sheila."

She watches him walk away, then stares at the front door, a faint smile on her lips and I can only imagine the thoughts running through her mind right now. All I can say is if rooting for Sheila vs Quinn is wrong, I don't want to be right. It would be some kind of poetic justice if Ridge and Quinn get their comeuppance courtesy of Ms. Carter.

Over at FC, we've got a lifeless Nicole musing about Lizzie in the design office.

Yes, it's an Ambien day.

tenor.gif

Zende comes in a few moments later and quickly senses she's worrying about not being able to have other children.

He blathers on about how it's going to happen and again, I appreciate his positivism, he needs to be grounded in the realistic possibility that they may have to pursue an alternative route to parenthood.

Nicole, her romper, and her wig, sit on the desk and Zende sits next to her and honest-to-goodness, I thought she fell asleep for a few moments.

Nicole, dully, "Lizzy's so beautiful. I don't know how they could leave for Paris like that. I couldn't do it."

Zende is spared from a reply to this as Coco enters, apologizing for interrupting.

Zende: "It's all right. I forgive you." Dafaq? And it's not like he sweetens the snark with a smile.

Nicole asks if he can leave so she and Coco can catch up (poor Coco). Zende makes a hasty exit, joking about his designs not drawing themselves. 

Coco shares that she knows something is bothering Nicole, who confesses her diagnosis.

Nicole admits: "I'm scared."

Coco, soothingly, "I know. I know. But nothing's definite, okay? And you have so much time and you have so many people that love and support you. And I'm one of them."

Nicole: "I can feel myself changing, becoming judgmental."

Coco: "Of who?" Of whom, Coco.

Nicole: "Myself. And pretty much everyone else. Rick and Maya."

Coco: "Okay. Why? Why? What about them?"

Nicole: "The way they took off for Paris and left Lizzy. They even wanted a nanny. I was not gonna let a stranger watch her."

The floodgates are open here and Nicole starts venting about Maya leaving for Paris and she gave them Lizzie and, and, and - Coco doesn't slap her into sanity but you can tell she's itching to. She tells Nicole to calm down. She's a rabbit away from being a bunny boiler.

Nicole talks about how she has all these feelings and that she feels like she made a very big mistake. Which would resonate a lot more if we had seen one hint of second-guessing or regret or anything when Lizzie was born. Of course, it's the wooden RE here, so it's kind of hard to get a read on any of her emotions.

Coco looks even more worried when Nicole shares that Lizzie called her mama and she keeps hearing that over and over and over again in her head.

Nicole: "I haven't talked to anybody but you, because you are my friend and I trust you."

Coco: "I'm really, really glad you do. And nothing you say here is leaving this room." But I wish Coco wishes she could. Leave, that is.

Nicole: "I just wish there was some resolution to all of this. But if I can't have another child and Lizzy's my only shot at motherhood..."

While this scintillating conversation is taking place, Rick and Maya are in the CEO office, playing with Lizzie.

Rick fills Maya in on the snafu with the adoption papers. He plays it off very casual, that they just need to sign the new papers as does Nicole, but you can see the worry just below the surface. Which is mild compared to Maya's bug-eyed reaction. She shrugs off the alarm bells in her head and says she'll take the papers to her.

This should end well.

Zende comes in a few moments after Maya leaves and Rick admires Zende's work, then updates him on the adoption papers issue. 

Rick: "Oh, it's just a few typos. You know, that sort of thing. Nothing relevant. No worries. We'll get Nicole to sign. We'll be done with it."

Maya enters the design office and tells Coco she needs a moment alone with her sister. Coco quickly departs.

Nicole: "So what's going on?"

Maya tries to play it cool: "Oh, Carter dropped off this paperwork to Rick, and, uh, we have to do a few signatures."

Nicole: "What is it?"

Maya: "The adoption papers."

Nicole: "I thought that was finalized a long time ago."

Nicole doesn't understand this since they signed the papers "ages ago." Maya chalks it up to some clerical issues.

Nicole, dead-voiced, repeats that she thought it was finalized.

Maya: "We all did. And, I mean, between us it's final, so once you sign, it'll be legal." Big, confident smile from Maya here.

Maya.jpg.8e77e3abf9d3beedfe0c6f6fe0bb7952.jpg

Nicole: "So... Lizzy's not your's." 

Maya misses her meaning but is starting to get nervous all the same: "No, of course she is. Maybe not legally. It's not a big deal. Same document with the corrections. (She hands her the papers). And, um, the terms are all the same. So it's nothing to really be concerned about. Um, here's a pen. And you just sign right by the yellow."

Nicole stares at her, thinking, uh uh...my wig and I aren't signing shit.

Nicole.thumb.jpg.b62295120922ceaefde7cca6f74c4e65.jpg

Nicole: "Oh, my God. You mean... you mean that I'm her mother?"

Maya does not mistake her meaning this time: "No, Nicole. I am Lizzy's mother. Just please. Please sign the papers."

The pen goes slack in her hand and she pushes the papers away, turning her back. Nicole flashes back to Lizzy calling her "Mama." 

Nicole: "I can't. I can't do it. I can't sign the papers."

Maya is panicked and strides toward Nicole, her jaw jutting out: "What do you mean, you can't sign the papers?"

Maya1.thumb.jpg.b034042ba0a1b4e298f170b5a5788a13.jpg

Nicole: "Maybe this is a sign. Maybe this is happening for a reason."

Maya is angry now, a mama bear: "No! No, Nicole. Listen to me. I am Lizzy's mother. Rick is Lizzy's father." She gets in Nicole's face: "Just sign those papers. Sign those papers right now!" Nicole's expression...dead carp, just like always.

Maya2.jpg.0df81c8d9aea80d1b00dba6cfa26b2a3.jpg

I'm of two minds about this. One, I feel for Maya because this is every adoptive parent's worst nightmare. On the other hand, she and Rick pressured a girl barely out of her teens into being their egg donor and incubator. And turned around and pressured her yet again. When there were a plethora of other options that would have safeguarded against what's happening right now.

Karma's a bitch.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14
On 6/19/2017 at 7:45 AM, CountryGirl said:

God, no kidding. This show has had its undeserving saints in Taylor and Maya, but neither of them were lunatics that nearly killed their kid's romantic rivals or raped people while they were out of their minds and passed it off for love.

It's so very hard to feel an iota of sympathy for Maya in this situation that she and Rick both could have avoided, to say nothing of the five ton merchant vessel of karma she deserves to have T-bone her for everything in 2015.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Something Sheila said about Sludge taking care of his father's wife caused me to perk up instantly.  That bitch knows!  I'm convinced of it and I wonder if her little trip upstairs to refresh herself had another purpose.  There is something about that smirk as she looked toward the house that leads me to believe that in spite of Brooke and everyone else's best efforts to protect Eric from knowing the truth about his duplicitous wife and son, Sheila will be the one who will ultimately out them.  

I noticed that as well!  It made me say to myself that if Sheila is only here to torment Ridge & Quinn with little innuendos making them wonder whether or not she actually knows, then I'm in!

12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Par the course for Eric, who is,always dismissive of his current wife's concerns: Brookes concerns about Stephanie, Sheila's concerns about Stephanie,  Stephanie's concerns over both Brooke *and* Sheila, Donna's concerns about Pam until she was turned into bear ba

I never thought of this.  Sadly you make a good point!

21 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I think the Lizzy custody battle will be interesting only because Julius will be right in the middle of it.  I have a feeling ZZZZZende will side with Raya.  He wants his own kid not his Uncle's.  As it is she's his cousin (not blood related though).

I'm going to get a headache thinking of all the ways they're related; he's Lizzie's cousin, her uncle, AND her step-father!

22 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Article about Sheilamania. Has some spoilers.

What I found interesting is :

Spoiler

You’ve signed Kimberlin to a one-year contract. Do you see possibilities beyond that?
This is a big arc. We will watch it closely and hope for success. We all thought Stephanie was pretty bad, but now that Eric is caught between Sheila and Quinn, Stephanie’s looking like a pussycat. I think we have all the ingredients for a great, long story. Yes, it looks like we’ve brought back the devil, but Sheila’s first moves on the show have been good. She even thinks Quinn is a great person and she’s really happy Eric married her. But then Sheila will learn more about Quinn and what she’s been up to and suddenly it’s, “Hmm…maybe Quinn isn’t so wonderful after all. Maybe Eric needs my help.” So she and Quinn will become rivals.

23 hours ago, politichick said:

I hope she's going to act like a normal fucking human being.

Well, KB hasn't been chewing any scenery as of yet, so at least we've got that!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, tessaray said:

Maya seemed more panicked and borderline hysterical than bitchy to me. I'm sure that's every adoptive parent's nightmare.  But RE's very odd acting choices (if they are choices) aren't helping this story. Someone needs to get her an energy drink or two before her scenes.  

She seems like she can't open her mouth very far when she speaks,  has a baby voice, and has odd reactions facially. I also don't think she is even close to attractive enough to be a supermodel, Nicole is much prettier, she should be the model (with a different wig, of course)! 

• Love 5

OMG, Napoleon! Seriously, how stupid are you? Nicole gave you her first-born child, free & clear, she wasn't paid, or compensated in any way, & now she discovers that because of her first pregnancy with Lizzie, she likely can't carry her own biological children. Through a miracle clerical error, she finds out that she is still legally Lizzie's mother, & she's processing the thought of having no other biological children while finding out that she does have a legal claim to the potentially only biological child she'll ever have. Your solution to get her to do what you want & give you all rights to Lizzie, is to go in & yell at an already-mentally-fragile woman & try to bully her? Sometimes I forget why I've always hated you, Dumbass.

Julius sucks with his advice, but he so elevates every scene he is in. What a great catch for our show. Also, Carter, wouldn't this be a private, legal issue, not to be discussed with anyone who isn't Rick, Maya or Nicole? Damn, good thing you're pretty.

Finally, why has no one suggested a surrogate for the surrogate? If her eggs are still viable, & she just can't get pregnant or carry a baby, why couldn't her eggs & Zende's swimmers be used with a surrogate? Furthermore, why hasn't Zende, who was adopted & never treated differently because he was adopted (as all adopted children should be), thought about adopting, especially a child from Africa? 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

OMG, Napoleon! Seriously, how stupid are you? Nicole gave you her first-born child, free & clear, she wasn't paid, or compensated in any way, & now she discovers that because of her first pregnancy with Lizzie, she likely can't carry her own biological children. Through a miracle clerical error, she finds out that she is still legally Lizzie's mother, & she's processing the thought of having no other biological children while finding out that she does have a legal claim to the potentially only biological child she'll ever have. Your solution to get her to do what you want & give you all rights to Lizzie, is to go in & yell at an already-mentally-fragile woman & try to bully her? Sometimes I forget why I've always hated you, Dumbass.

Julius sucks with his advice, but he so elevates every scene he is in. What a great catch for our show. Also, Carter, wouldn't this be a private, legal issue, not to be discussed with anyone who isn't Rick, Maya or Nicole? Damn, good thing you're pretty.

Finally, why has no one suggested a surrogate for the surrogate? If her eggs are still viable, & she just can't get pregnant or carry a baby, why couldn't her eggs & Zende's swimmers be used with a surrogate? Furthermore, why hasn't Zende, who was adopted & never treated differently because he was adopted (as all adopted children should be), thought about adopting, especially a child from Africa? 

Everything you said. I read a recap and can't wait to watch the episode. I hope the silly cow never signs the papers, given Rick and Maya's attitudes. Maya, who has a manufactured vagina, of all people should understand the void that Nicole is feeling and why she's hesitant even if it hurts. And it's not like she'd be totally torn away from the child because her asshole husband is the biological father. 

• Love 5

Rick just STFU your not helping the situation. You just love to bully young woman. First Aly now Nicole. Carter is the one who screwed up, yell at him.  

Coco has drank the Forester Kool Aide. Coco, Nicole is the mother and nothing can change that. Lizzy is technically not Maya's child. Why would you say, to Zende , that Nicole is confused about Rick's and Maya's child. Back and support you friend and try to understand Nicole's confusion.  Maya's feelings shouldn't be more of a contributing factor in resigning the adoption papers, than Nicole. And where is Zende, Nicole's so called rock?  Don't you think you should be standing right there when you found out the adoption papers had to be resigned.  Hey Zende, you're Sandstone and not Granite.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

She watches him walk away, then stares at the front door, a faint smile on her lips and I can only imagine the thoughts running through her mind right now. All I can say is if rooting for Sheila vs Quinn is wrong, I don't want to be right. It would be some kind of poetic justice if Ridge and Quinn get their comeuppance courtesy of Ms. Carter.

Heh!  I don't want to be right either.  It will be like watching Jason versus Freddie Krueger.  I wonder if Sludge will come to the rescue yet again.

• Love 3

Did I miss an episode or are we forgetting that Rick is Lizzie's bio dad? Nicole is acting like she had her by immaculate conception and is the only person with any rights. I knew this storyline was going to make my head hurt and Nicole's horrible wig isn't helping.

oh and because it needs to be said everyday, Julius STFU. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Like Chris Rock said, "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand."  I can understand why Rick might not be willing to play this situation as coolly and calmly as others think he should (or the situation dictates).  Lizzie is NOT Nicole's child and it's not like they're having this conversation in the hospital 10 seconds after the baby was born.  He and Maya are her parents and I wouldn't expect them (or him in this case) to handle anything/anyone standing in the way of that with total ease.  Nicole is obviously going through something life altering, but she's putting Lizzie's parents through something too by making them "wait" for the signature.  The situation sounds scary from their POV.  I haven't seen anything in the storyline to make me think Rick and Maya wouldn't care about her well-being after she signed the paperwork.

ITA that if anyone here should be screamed on, it should be Carter.  Does this imbecile know he shouldn't be giving clients' personal information out to people in the hallway?  What a buffoon.

Zende hasn't mentioned adoption because the storyline and it's writers are stupid.

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Like Chris Rock said, "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand."  I can understand why Rick might not be willing to play this situation as coolly and calmly as others think he should (or the situation dictates).  Lizzie is NOT Nicole's child and it's not like they're having this conversation in the hospital 10 seconds after the baby was born.  He and Maya are her parents and I wouldn't expect them (or him in this case) to handle anything/anyone standing in the way of that with total ease.  Nicole is obviously going through something life altering, but she's putting Lizzie's parents through something too by making them "wait" for the signature.  The situation sounds scary from their POV.  I haven't seen anything in the storyline to make me think Rick and Maya wouldn't care about her well-being after she signed the paperwork.

I agree.  Of course Rick has been/can be an ass, but in this case I can see where he's coming from, and I can see why he wouldn't tiptoe around Nicole & be ultra careful with his words/tone.

• Love 6

But Zende's been all butt-hurt about being adopted and being a "Dominguez" and not a FORRESTER.  With all of the WTF-ery that whiny attempt at manipulation entailed ... so maybe he doesn't want an adopted kid to feel the same way?  I thought ZZZzzzende was being a spoiled petulant ass when he threw out that weak argument about being a designer and then look what happened.  You'd think the sniveling brat would be eternally grateful. But anyway, it seems hypocritical that he hasn't considered adoption (yet.) Besides, I thought Zzzende was pretty emphatic that he wanted his kids sired from his loins and all of that crap and his woman's job was to bear fruit, blah, blah, blah ... and now he must spill his seed upon barren soil.

I could barely make it through their scenes today. Nicole does indeed look like she swallowed a handful of Ambien. If she usually behaved in a more animated manner then maybe these dead carp (love it!) scenes would be more poignant and meaningful. Even Julius and Rick couldn't elevate her. Also, are we going to have to listen to Nicole's earworm of that damned baby crying all summer long? It's going to be mighty long ...

Maya looked and sounded like a harpy yesterday and today and Rick was no better. I am really not sure whose side I am on in all of this and frankly, don't care. Wow! Julius really hates Maya, doesn't he?

Carter needs to be disbarred. First, for the DPOA farce with Eric/Ridge/Quinn and now this ... violating attorney-client trust.  What an idiot.  How exactly, are Julius and Carter "family?"

Can we please get back to Sheila & co. tomorrow? Tally? Anybody else?

• Love 8
(edited)

I know this storyline is going to give me fits.  Why Bell Jr. thinks it's a good idea for RE to do any of the heavy-lifting, acting wise is beyond me.  And I call bullshit on trying to involve Coco in this story.  Nicole has only known her a minute.  What this story needs is Sasha.  Because Sasha would be the one person who remembers just how quickly Nicole dropped Lizzie in Maya's arms so she could hot-foot it after ZZZZZZende.

Oh and speaking of Lizzie...We're supposed to believe that Nicole is being tortured by dormant 'maternal' feelings for Lizzie that have suddenly sprung to life.  In reality, Nicole is talking about Lizzie as if she's a pair a shoes she gave to Maya but regretted giving them away because she just got a new outfit and those shoes would look soooooooooo cute with it.  Has Nicole given a second's thought to what taking her away from the only parents she's ever known is going to do to Lizzie? 

Rick and Maya may be due some 'karma' but nobody deserves to lose their child, especially to a half brain dead imbecile with fucked up hair.  What has Lizzie done to deserve that kind of punishment?  How can Nicole say she wants to be Lizzie's 'mama' when she hasn't given a single thought to what she's doing to that baby?

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 16

I thought RE did a fine job today. She's come a long way & has improved a lot. I'm not buying the Coco speed dating friendship but she's the only other young teen-ish girl around. The only thing that's bothering me is KM face? Half her face makeup isn't matching up with the top half. It's so odd and out of the blue. What's up with that?

• Love 1