Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

My main question about today's show was why was Sally wearing red leather gloves to work in the office?  I'm kind of starting to get tired of her weird clothes. I can't wait to look up what she wore today to see how much all of that cost!

The rest of the show was meh ... Coco sure is a cutie! I can see why Slouchy fell (well literally, it so appears) for her.

Re:  The Eric proposal to Sally. Yes, that was true except it was some elaborate hoax the Forresters pulled on Sally for some reason. Maybe revenge for ripping off their designs for so many years.  I don't remember the details. I do remember Sally waving her engagement ring in Stephanie's face and Stephanie smashed it into bits to prove that it was not a real diamond and just glass!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I was referring to knock-off houses copying the designs after they are made public. Old Sally used to literally steal designs, IIRC.

Right...I was agreeing when you said knock-off houses generally don't steal designs.  In that sense, I disagree when Spectra gets referred to as a knock-off house because they were pretty much just thieves.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bill: "I built this empire for myself and, as it turned out, for my children. This is my legacy. But it's not my life, not anymore. I used to come up here, top of the mountain, and I would reflect on everything I strived for and everything that I achieved. And I thought I had it all. I've always reached for the stars. But this will be my greatest reach. I'm going to give you something. Just tuck it away. But I want you to have it. I don't want it anymore."

He takes off his sword necklace.

Brooke protests, "No! Don't take it off."

Bill, holding the necklace in his hand: "This sword... this sword represents me, my power. You'll need that if you're going to restart a life with Forrester."

Brooke, tears in her eyes: "You don't have to do this."

Bill: "This necklace is an extension of who I am. Never give up. Never give in. Fight the good fight and be the last man standing. Be the very best that I could be. Well, I was at my best when I was with you. (I wholeheartedly agree - and vice versa). I have my sons, I have my work, I have my company, and I'm proud of them. But without you, I won't have achieved my highest goal. So every day I will look in the mirror. This will be gone, and it will be a reminder of the thing I love most in the world... and couldn't have."

Bill: "This necklace has been my talisman, and there's power in it. And that's why I want you to have it. Please take it, Brooke."

He places the necklace into her hand and kisses it. 

Brooke is crying now and it's so damn obvious whom she should be with (and yes, I'm a sap when it comes to Brill) and whispers his name.

Bill: "I will love you forever and a day."

Annoying as fuck scene with $Bill and Brooke ... $Bill didn't built his "empire," he inherited it from his father, and owns half of it with his half-sister Karen (one of the mother's of Caroline Spencer). Torpedoing the Spectra's fashion show with your press organ to force them to sell the property so you can build an edifice to reflect your image ("Have I mentioned I love mirrors?") and ego-centrism is far from building an "empire."

So, when $Bill walks ... er, struts around without his stupid sword necklace, and Brooke has it hanging off her key chain or the sword is dangling suggestively from her waist chain, no one is going to notice?

The idiocy between Ridge and Quinn is no better than the emotional affair Brooke and $Bill are in the thick of.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

For me TK and LG had great chemistry and there was the odds stacked against them (age difference, forbidden romance aspect of it). And it was believable that while Caroline was happy with Rick, she as a designer had a bond with Ridge (an influence and hero) who was also a designer. And Ridge needed her in a way Rick didn't - to help him regain the confidence to design again, be his muse, pull him out of his depression,and give him a reason to get up in the morning.

Also Rick revealed himself to still be easily manipulated by Maya and have a really dark jealous streak that could be lethally violent. Ridge can be a dick (as seen by the Douglas/Thomas situation) but he hasn't pulled a gun on anyone.

The weird thing with Quidge is that Ridge and Quinn don't seem to fulfill a need or want that the other desires. This thing with Quinn actually does seem to reinforce what Rick and Eric say about him how he just takes what he wants, when he wants on a whim even from his own family without considering the emotional damage. Caroline suddenly looks like another notch on his belt.

Yep - I think that's exactly why I hate Ridge now. He's not only ruining what was my favorite pairing (Queric), he's ruined my CaRidge memories too.  Thanks, Show.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Annoying as fuck scene with $Bill and Brooke ... $Bill didn't built his "empire," he inherited it from his father, and owns half of it with his half-sister Karen (one of the mother's of Caroline Spencer). 

I noticed that too, but there was so much stupid I forgot to comment. And $Bill was given that by his dad to go fuck with Eric after Bill Sr posthumously announced his love for Stephanie (wtf!!!). Or some stupid ass shit like that. The point being Bill has worked as hard to build his empire as his idiot sons have.

15 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

The idiocy between Ridge and Quinn is no better than the emotional affair Brooke and $Bill are in the thick of.

Yep, and Brooke is getting on my last nerve with this shit.  She pulled this crap with Nick too...not just when he was with Bridget, but after after he'd moved on to Taylor and used her fertile eggs in an attempt to reel him in. It stank then and it stinks now. Pick a lane already. 

• Love 4

Another day another shitty Steffy hair do. That's as lame as the "We were robbed" and "It's my time". 

RJ has to keep wearing dark pants or we would notice the wet crotch stain every time he looks at Coco. Oh, to be 16 again.  Of course RJ mentioned the steam room. 

Coco gets thrown under the bus and RJ is seemingly splattered by the fork lift.  Charlie was too busy trying to get the goods on Ridge and Quinn than watching the loading dock guy.  

• Love 7

Does Brad Bell secretly want Steffy & Thomas not to be related and have sex? How many times does he have Steffy either walking in on him undressing or sitting around with him undressed? It's so weird and creepy. He looks awesome and is one of the tallest studs in daytime so I'm not complaining but it's odd.

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm confused with Thomas's living arrangements; Steffy is back with Liam, so why is he living at FC's? If it is just a ploy to show PF's physique, then I on board with that. 

Grousing time:

Stop rewriting Sally's history! Sally was a lying, conniving, slippery as a snake thief, but in her later years that was all put to rest. Sally actually tried hard to become legit, and eventually she and Stephanie buried the hatchet and became best friends, which had a lot to do with Macy, Darlene Conley's failing health, and haircuts. Sally even worked for Forrester for a while. So why is everyone acting like Sally went off in search of beaches and cabana boys with every Forrester still her mortal enemy? Did Stephanie and Eric not call her to ask her to come home before the Queen's death? I will say I am surprised at how quickly Steffy caved to the notion of Coco, but Ridge? Look, if you want to be upset that your Wee Little Girl got some cake thrown at her, that is ok. But what you also need to consider is that your Wee Little Girl can more than take care of herself; witness Ally, Ivy, Quinn, and now Sally, who endured a vicious two handed face slam that could have broken her nose, her neck, or her whole entire face. But you can stuff it with all this stuff about what the Original Sally did. 

And that whole family kumbaya thing? Just stop with that shit already. Brooke looked so vapidly stupid, supporting and propping her two boys, giggling about elopements, and warning RJ about the dangers of anyone named "Spectra". 

I am not happy with what is going on at Spectra at all. Setting Coco up this way is wrong on every level. She will be blamed and ostracized when she is just starting out. This SL has all the underpinnings of the one where Macy was accused of stealing the BeLief patent, simply because she was a Spectra, when she had nothing to do with it. Macy was treated horribly by all, especially Ridge and Stephanie, and I can see that happening with Coco. I am just so disappointed we are going in this direction, when there were so many other great, fresh, and creative possibilities. 

Would I be a truly wretched person if I confessed that I wanted the forklift driver to speed up?

17 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Was the old clip of Eric proposing to Sally a fantasy sequence?

No. In an effort to find out exactly what Sally was up to, Eric dated her and proposed to her. No one, not even Queen Stephanie, knew what he was up to, hence her surprise in the video. It was a great SL; eventually Stephanie found out the truth and paid Sally a visit to "educate" her on Eric's true feelings:

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

So, when $Bill walks ... er, struts around without his stupid sword necklace, and Brooke has it hanging off her key chain or the sword is dangling suggestively from her waist chain, no one is going to notice

it's the same as Liam and Steffie's shell......

• Love 3

Recap for Mon. 3/6/17:

In Rick's office, Thomas is, once again, shirtless. I mean, thanks for the man candy, TPTB, but this is getting seriously ridiculous. Although if shirtless Thomas is the new Pam's lemon bars, I'll take shirtless Thomas.

He's putting his shirt on when Steffy walks in (and yes, stop with the Flowers in the Attic vibe, Badley!) And I must say, I am constantly amazed by the fact that just when I think her Fauxdiloks can't get any more Fauxdi, she looks like she poured black shoe polish on her hair. And eyebrows. Except for the long ponytail part which is still inexplicably brown.

Here's a lovely shot of her that I just know you preverts will appreciate:

58bec1f2193bb_SteffyBlack.jpg.6bc9a015ca8fc0d7ead099b0287e830a.jpg

Steffy: "Oh, for the love of... why am I always walking in on you shirtless?"

Thomas: "I do what the script tells me." Well, okay, he actually remarks that she could "knock." Queen CEO knock? Not a chance. She snarkily reminds him that this is a design office, not a locker room.

Thomas, snarking back, "What can I do for you, Miss CEO?"

Steffy decides to gush about her upcoming wedding details and she should know that Thomas? Has zero fucks to give.

She asks if he wants to come and he counters, "Do you want me to come?" 

He offers to stay behind and run the company while she's in Aussieland but she adds insult to injury by telling him Rick will be holding down the fort.

Thomas: "Of course he is. He's probably gonna be designing, as well, isn't he? You know what we should do? We should hire a bunch of people that aren't qualified to run the whole company while we're gone. That's a great idea."

Steffy: "Okay, this is what I've been concerned about, this tension between us. Come to my wedding. Please come to my wedding. Please, Thomas."

Thomas: "I appreciate the offer. I'll think about it, okay?" And while I think he's being a big baby, I can appreciate that he doesn't immediately capitulate.

RJ is showing an impressed Coco around and they wind up backstage. He dubs it "where the magic happens" and manages to sound as smarmy as his father.

He tells her he's showed her everything..."besides the executive steam room." Gross, RJ. 

He tells her he'd like to show it to her, but he likes to keep his tours g-rated. He's a slouchey little sixteen year old and as about unsexy as they come. But Coco looks smitten so what do I know?

They start working on sorting clothing or fabric or something with Coco remarking how nice the Forresters are. Oh, honey.

Sally is in her office, looking for one kind word about Spectra in the article she's reading, but surmises people are probably predicting their quick demise. Well, Bill is, for one.

Shirley proclaims Coco as their miracle and savior of their bacon.

Sally looks uncomfortable at the thought of her little sister poaching designs from FC and I'm still just so furious with the 180 she's done.

Thomas decides to throw his sister a bone and ask who's coming to the wedding.

Steffy: "Well, Ivy's coming since she suggested Australia. It's actually been really nice for us. We've gotten a lot closer. She's helping me out a lot." Notice her last two sentences...could she be any more self-absorbed?

He asks about his father and Brooke and Steffy assumes they'll be eloping down there sometime after her wedding to Liam. Oh, I don't think that's going to happen.

She checks off some other guests, Eric, Quinn, Bill. The groom's brother, Wyatt, will be absent for "obvious reasons" and that she wanted a "lean and mean" guest list. 

Thomas, sarcastic, tells her, "Well, I'm glad I made the cut."

Shirley is convinced Coco is their best and only chance of getting back into the game.

Saul isn't so sure, saying stealing designs isn't who she is.

Sally: "Yeah, it's not who any of us are." It is if you allow it, Sally.

Saul tells Shirley they can't make Coco do this.

Shirley: "Says who?"

RJ is sorting more out in the open and Coco is sorting behind a curtain.

His parents come in then and he wants to know why they've tracked him down. Brooke's blouse is about 3 sizes too big and dowdy as fuck. Rumple is looking predictably like he just rolled out from under an overpass or a bridge, waiting for a Billy Goat Gruff to wander by.

Did you know that Steffy and Liam are getting married? Again? In Australia?

RJ tells them he wishes he could go but there's school and midterms and he's in charge of getting into their newest intern's pants...

Ridge: "I'm sure Steffy understands." She didn't even mention him at all when ticking off who would and would not be at the wedding.

Brooke says that they plan to elope while they're down under and RJ is "ecstatic." They all hug and Coco, unseen, smiles.

Steffy is still blathering on about the wedding: "One good thing about a destination wedding - no Spectras. I still can't believe Sally crashed Zende and Nicole's wedding. (I don't think her spying on the wedding completely undetected by all except Thomas could constitute "crashing." The only ruckus happened when you, sweet cheeks, smashed her head into the cake.) Maybe if she was more focused on designing than publicity stunts. I still can't believe Jarrett's review was so bad. I mean, those outfits were terrible."

Thomas: "They weren't that bad, Steff." And with some fine-tuning from you, Thomas, they could be fabulous. So jump ship already!

They wonder about how long SF will stay in business. Thomas tells her Sally has a little sister named Coco.

Steffy is characteristically interested: "Okay, I couldn't care less about Sally Spectra and if she has a little sister."

Thomas: "Would you care more if I told you she was the newest Forrester intern?" That gets her intention.

Sally and Saul try and work on Shirley some more against using Coco, but Shirley's plan is for them to use her without her knowing about. Nice.

RJ, Brooke, and Ridge are still all smiles about the wedding that is never, ever, ever (like ever) going to happen. 

Coco sneezes and RJ decides it's time to introduce them to his future girlfriend.

RJ: "Mom, Dad, this is... Coco Spectra." Immediately, Ridge goes apeshit.

Ridge: "Coco what? Spectra? Like Sally Spectra?"

Coco: "Uh, yes. I'm her sister."

Ridge immediately launches into a tirade about Sally's escapades. 

184428-spongebob-square-pants-mrs-puff.g

RJ tries to intervene but Ridge reminds him he didn't approve her being an intern.

RJ tells him that he and Thomas hired her and Rick signed off on it. Ridge is furious.

And really, how professional to do this in front of her.

Shirley fills in Sally and Saul on her plan to plant a device on Coco without her knowing so she can be their spy.

Steffy is going a little apeshit herself.

Thomas tells her to chill and that she's a sweet kid. Smart, sharp, and honest.

Steffy scoffs: "She's sharp? She's probably a thief just like the rest of her family." 

Thomas tells her he was impressed with her and so was RJ.

RJ tells Ridge he's overreacting and asks Brooke for some back up.

She practically giggles (and again, really professional) and tells him she understands Ridge's concerns, what with the history between SF and FC and all.

Coco tries to apologize for Sally and tries to tell them how she gets carried away. "But I'm not my sister. Yes, I love her, but I would never betray Forrester Creations, family or no family. I want to work here, and I want to learn as much as I can about the fashion industry."

Ridge is all, uh, huh, that's nice honey, but "But you're not gonna work here." Asshole.

Ridge calls her aunt a thief who stole from them and why would the new generation be any different?

RJ tries to tell him that he doesn't even know her but Ridge tells her to get her crap and go.

Coco, classier than any of the other people in the room, assures RJ that it's okay, that Ridge is just doing what he thinks he needs to.

Sally, stating the obvious, "Okay, coco flat-out said that she wouldn't spy. So instead you want to plant a device on her, making her an unsuspecting spy for Spectra Fashions." She sighs... "It just might work." Dammit, Sally, for caving so easily!

Ridge is grilling RJ about bringing a Spectra on board. Coco is collecting her things offscreen, apparently.

Brooke, helpful as always, "Your father can help you find another intern, sweetheart."

Steffy snots "Great. RJ's a Spectra fan, too."

Thomas: "So what? Look, Spectras may not have been born with silver spoons in their mouths-"

Steffy: "Cheap spoons, like cheap plastic." Entitled, snobby heifer, this one.

Steffy says she doesn't like it, stating it's too risky, bringing in a Spectra.

Thomas tells her that's in the past and that HE made the decision.

Steffy: "One you made to appease the girl's red-headed sister." She does have a point.

Thomas: "Okay, look, if you're opposing this just because i made a decision without your approval on that-"

Steffy, not wanting another argument today, "Can you not go there? I trust your judgment. But I'm the one being harassed by Sally, not you. (I wouldn't call it harassment.) Okay, fiiiine. Coco can stay. But if this Spectra screws with us or the company, it's on your head, Thomas."

RJ is chasing after Coco who has made a hasty exit.

He tells her to wait and that he didn't know his father would react like that. He tells her he knew Ridge had problems with her family, then apologizes.

Coco, far and away one of the most mature folks I've seen on this show, says, "Hey, don't be sorry. Your father has every right to be cautious, especially when it comes to my sister and grandma. But I would never do anything to hurt Forrester."

RJ tells her knows and that he believes her. He hates to see her go but thinks she's going to have a good future.

They say their goodbyes and why don't you just queue up the theme from Romeo & Juliet (Henry Mancini style) for goodness sake?

Or make that the Jaws theme...

Because LDG is apparently here to answer at least one of our prayers and a forklift is coming right at RJ!

Oh noes!!!

giphy.gif

Coco yells at him to get out of the way...and I'm sure we can all see where this headed.

We fade to the next round of 30th anniversary look backs.

We have Eric's proposal to Sally (fake, of course, but Sally doesn't know that). DC's face is just priceless. As is SF's.

Then we have Scrunchy and CJ and holy cow, he was young! JY just before the car crash that led to Scamber giving Rick one of her kidneys. So I guess she was good for something after all, depending on your feelings about Ricky boy.

Finally, ANOTHER Scrunchy scene? Well, it is with F-I-N-E Usher (Usher Usher) so I'm okay with that.

• Love 9

I aleays thought it was the other way around...that Rick gave her a kidney. I remember this only because it came up in conversation when Rick briefly tried to enlist in the Army, where missing organs is a no-go.

Oh my God. Who do we write to to let the writers etc. know that we do not give a fucking fuck about the romantic pursuits of RJ. Most teens won't even be interested as he is not sexy at all. This is a half-hour program and there is no time for this kind of bullshit. Gross!!!!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I aleays thought it was the other way around...that Rick gave her a kidney. I remember this only because it came up in conversation when Rick briefly tried to enlist in the Army, where missing organs is a no-go.

Nope.

Amber donated her kidney to Rick after she encouraged him and CJ to race their cars, leading to an accident where Rick was severely hurt.

But she took his virginity in return so even?

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, politichick said:

Oh my God. Who do we write to to let the writers etc. know that we do not give a fucking fuck about the romantic pursuits of RJ. Most teens won't even be interested as he is not sexy at all. This is a half-hour program and there is no time for this kind of bullshit. Gross!!!!!!

I agree that this kid doesn't look like what a child of Brooke and Ridge should. And I know this is mean, but he should be more along the lines, looks-wise of Y&R's Reed. That kid looks like he could belong to real-life marrieds AH and TL. 

My fear though is that we'll be saddled with a RJ and Coco star-crossed summer romance (the teenage version of Thorne and Macy only without the singing, well, let's hope so) - except TPTB already have a smokin' hot star-crossed pairing with Tally.

• Love 6

I'm not fond of RJ, at all, and IMO he's another entitled Forester twerp so I'm sure that's why I find anything more of a friendship between RJ and Coco very irritating. It's as irritating, to me, as Nicole's surrogacy.  RJ has a crush on an older woman and Brooke thinks is absolutely adorable but not inappropriate. Should I be surprised, when it comes to her and her family, nothing is inappropriate. 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What kind of idiot changes clothes in the office all the freaking time? What are these writers doing?!

IKR? Show him at home getting dressed. That would make sense, which is why it would never occur to these "writers". #firebbwriters

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

RJ has a crush on an older woman and Brooke thinks is absolutely adorable but not inappropriate. Should I be surprised, when it comes to her and her family, nothing is inappropriate. 

Of course not. Cuz Rick's crush on Amber passed so quickly, right? How'd that turn out?

RJ better not knock Coco up. Besides not wanting to sit through another teen pregnancy, we'd probably get Rick whining about how unsupportive Brooke was when Amber got pregnant and somehow connect it to Ridge.

30 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

IKR? Show him at home getting dressed. That would make sense, which is why it would never occur to these "writers". #firebbwriters

Or maybe they got rid of his apartment set to make room for Spectra's office?

But yeah, that changing in the office is seriously gross, no matter how hot PF is.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

RJ better not knock Coco up. Besides not wanting to sit through another teen pregnancy, we'd probably get Rick whining about how unsupportive Brooke was when Amber got pregnant and somehow connect it to Ridge.

Lawd, no. NO! Don't ruin Coco by having the girl be launched directly into a teen baby story. Sheehs.

Although, if RJ knocks up Coco, why not have Rick and Maya push to adopt it? Maya pushed her sister to do it, why not have Rick push his sibling to give up their kid as well? It'd distract Ridge from his Quinn-fection for a bit.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Of course not. Cuz Rick's crush on Amber passed so quickly, right? How'd that turn out?

Or maybe they got rid of his apartment set to make room for Spectra's office?

But yeah, that changing in the office is seriously gross, no matter how hot PF is.

And this is very nit-picky but where is his damn T-shirt? It is LA - he is going to sweat.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, politichick said:

Sally's parents were carnies. Why am I not surprised?

I expect the Spectra Carny Family 2.0 will make the Avant's look like the Brontë's before this is over.

If the reincarnated Spectra's hang around for more than six months, Sally2 and Coco's parents will show up with their scammer/grifter bag of tricks to connive a little of Sally2's gravy ladled their way.

Why couldn't Sally2 build a successful boutique design brand?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why couldn't Sally2 build a successful boutique design brand?

What they said.

i think that's the one benefit to Y&R and the post-Bell revolving door of writers; the writing was shit, but at least there would be new shit. Bradley Bell is as predictable as my microwave timer and has been since 2005 at least.

• Love 6
On 3/6/2017 at 0:29 PM, CountryGirl said:

How Scamber (or Scrunchy) and her caterwauling made the 30th anniversary clips cut, I will never know.

Eh. Amber and the baby drama was what got me hooked to be honest. I'm assuming the Amber/Raymond clip made the cut because of Usher, since there was definitely bigger shit going on in 1997/98, like Brooke's wedding or Taylor's pregnancy with Thomas or the tail end of the Grant Chambers stuff.

That said, Y&R! Amber was an epic fail who TIIC should've cut their losses with sooner than 2011.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Eh. Amber and the baby drama was what got me hooked to be honest.

Early Amber was actually pretty interesting and the stories around her were decent.  Of course she was then turned into the train-wreck we know today.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Eh. Amber and the baby drama was what got me hooked to be honest. I'm assuming the Amber/Raymond clip made the cut because of Usher, since there was definitely bigger shit going on in 1997/98, like Brooke's wedding or Taylor's pregnancy with Thomas or the tail end of the Grant Chambers stuff.

That said, Y&R! Amber was an epic fail who TIIC should've cut their losses with sooner than 2011.

That's funny, because I enjoyed Amber on Y&R, at least at first.  AF could do the bad girl with the hint of vulnerability and that kind of character is fun to watch. But then, I wasn't a long time viewer of that show either, so she didn't bother me.  

• Love 3
On 3/4/2017 at 7:04 AM, grisgris said:

IKR? Yesterday's clips were great: Sheila, angry red-suit Brooke and pre-surgery Taylor!

I'd forgotten all about the SL where Taylor (after her latest return from the dead) was in that hideous (and unconvincing) disguise as the hospital volunteer, That was some pretty awful acting with that attempt at a British accent. /cringe! I think that she successfully (albeit unwittingly) created a brand new dialect that has yet to be assigned to a region!

The funny thing about that time Taylor returned from the dead was an interview with Hunter Tylo in one of the soap mags where, when describing Ridge's shock at seeing his resurrected wife, HT joked that her response should have been "Go ahead and touch them, they're real!"  

Ah, how times changed.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

That's funny, because I enjoyed Amber on Y&R, at least at first.  AF could do the bad girl with the hint of vulnerability and that kind of character is fun to watch. But then, I wasn't a long time viewer of that show either, so she didn't bother me.  

The thing is, that character trait was old hat by the time she came to Y&R and got her hands into Cane for their green card marriage. In fact, Cane makes a phone call to Brooke asking about her past. And it was honestly kinda uncomfortable watching Amber in yet another group of 20-somethings with Daniel/Kevin/Jana when she herself was far closer to 30, given her deflowering of Thomas was still in recent memory.

8 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Does Coco even realize that RJ is 16?  She probably thinks he's in college.  Ridge also  thinks it's cute and his only real objection is that she's an intern. 

Of course he's okay with it ??

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

It seemed to work for Ragnar Lothbrok.  Maybe Steffy needs the tattoos.

Ragnar-Lothbrok-tattoo.jpg

Nah, Steffy could never pull it off as well as Ragnar. Though the addition of some Vikings could only improve the show at this rate.

• Love 7

Did anyone notice the other day when Ridge fired Coco and RJ had the sadz that Brooke told him not to worry his Dad would find him another intern.  She said it like she was consoling a 5-year old who broke his favorite toy.   

Seriously, if they are going forward with this RJoco  SL could we at least have a handsome, taller and older RJ?  If RJoco are Thorne/Macy 2.0 then I need pretty people to root for.  Thorne and Macy were sure pretty.  I need a reason to invest in the couple..

At the moment Slouchy is completely turning me off. Smug brat thinks he's entitled to his personal intern/ play pretty.  There is no way an 18-19 year old Coco would even remotely be interested in a 16 year old boy.  Far more likely she'd have a crush on Thomas.

• Love 9

Yes, they need to ditch this sad RJ and send him back to boarding school. Of all of the boring characters they had on this show, he's the most boring, sad and laughable. Please, just stop with this kid. Well, I take that back. The most boring people who have ever been on this show are Nicole and ZZZZZZende. OMG. They send me right to sleep. 

• Love 8

Maybe Amber can return to deflower RJ and complete a creepy as fuck underage trifecta of Forrester boys since he likes older chicks so much :/

The complete gutting of core families  is always glaring when they've introduced SORASed kids after Rick and Bridget since the teens have no one to bounce off of, no quarreling families to bridge, no reason to care about the parties involved. Bell knows that, which is why the Steffy/Hope rubbish was milked for as long as that was. Having one kid by himself who has mostly existed to be a prop for his parents' threadbare relationship then stuck in a romance? Snoresville.

• Love 6

Another day another shitty Steffy hair do

3 hours ago, Lugal said:

It seemed to work for Ragnar Lothbrok.  Maybe Steffy needs the tattoos.

Ragnar-Lothbrok-tattoo.jpg

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Nah, Steffy could never pull it off as well as Ragnar. Though the addition of some Vikings could only improve the show at this rate.

A few marauding Visigoths to the rescue of B&B.

• Love 4

Thomas and RJ are quickly becoming my favorite couple. I get the feeling that the young man playing RJ feels more comfortable around the younger set than with the vets. They have really botched the kids return with the ridiculous cupid SL with his mommy and daddy, but that isn't the actors fault, so I will cut him a little slack there. Material is everything in acting, and you can tell when performers are enjoying there SLs (Quinn, Eric, Ridge) and when they are not (Brooke, Ridge, RJ).  I think his cuteness factor goes up about 110% when he is around Coco; his smile seems genuine, and when a smile is genuine it touches the eyes and lights up the face, and that is what I am seeing. I don't care about the age so much; in true B&B fashion, they are blurring the age lines. I thought RJ was supposed to be about 17 when he came home, but the other day when he turned down the offer to go to Australia, he was talking like he had college papers due? So who knows. But I will take any relationship that will get Steffy/Liam, Nicole/Zende and Maya/Rick off my TV screen. I feel fortunate that I have three that I can pull for; Quinn/Eric, Thomas/Sally and RJ/Coco, when I generally just watch and groan. 

The only thing saving the Spectra SL for me is Sally's dislike of what they are doing. The fact that she has regrets and really doesn't want to do it should be telling her something. Maybe it is time that a Spectra stepped up and showed they are more than grifters, thieves, and cons. I hope this plan falls flat. It is stupid as fuck, and so tired, and was beat to death with Sally 1.0 and Stephanie. Why can't Steffy and Sally have a modern day war? This shit is only going to prove Steffy right and further pump up her overly inflated ego. And it will destroy Coco. I hate it. 

Oh Ridge, you sound more like your mother and ex-wife every day. All those years of hearing Stephanie refer to Brooke as "The slut from the Valley", and "Those Logan's." As I recall, you didn't like that too much. And I know you hate it when Rick or Eric start talking about you being a "Marone", so why don't you just STFU about Coco being a Spectra?

Great anniversary clips this week. A few I would like to see are:

Thorne shoots Ridge

Pierce hypnotizes Taylor, and when Ridge comes home to the Beach House, she is dancing around to Disco acting like a teenager.

The introduction of Brooke's Bedroom

Kimberly tries to kill Brooke

Taylor telling all the Forrester's off and accusing Stephanie of wanting to fuck Ridge; resulting in the slap heard around the world.

• Love 7
(edited)

Recap for Tues. 3/8/17:

Just as we expected, Coco pulls RJ to safety as we all audibly groan that Slouchey will live to see another day.

Rumple comes running and watching him run down the stairs was kind of hilarious.

Back up in the CEO office, he tends to Coco, whose head is bleeding. RJ, of course, doesn't have a single scratch.

Brooke rushes in, all verklempt: "OH MY GOD! RJ, are you OKAY?" Calm down, Brooke. 

Ridge explains what happened, including the fact that Coco saved their son's life.

He and Brooke thank her and Slouchey pipes up to say she's not a threat and that she saved his life.

Ridge is grateful to Coco but not that grateful: "All right, RJ.. I shouldn't have judged you just by your last name. You seem like a nice kid. You're bright and courageous, and what you did today, I mean, who does that for someone that they barely know? Brooke and I are very grateful. But there's a lot of history between your family and my family, none of it good. I'm sorry, Coco. You can't work here." Ridge is all heart. I'll bet if it had been his favorite child Coco had saved (Steffy), he'd be singing a different tune.

RJ, overdramatic, yells that he would be DEAD right now if it wasn't for Coco.

Ridge thinks it's settled but Brooke tells him he needs to hear RJ out. Wow, she still has a bit of a backbone in there somewhere.

RJ: "Listen. I get it. You outrank me. You're CEO. But I'm not gonna let her get fired just because she has a last name you don't like. Let Coco and me drive Spectra and Forrester in a new direction, finally have peace between our families. Just give her a chance."

Ridge caves, growling that she can stay, for now.

Coco effusively thanks him and assures him he won't regret his decision. They leave, presumably to sort fabric some more.

Alone in the office, Brooke is quick to heap on the praise as well.

Ridge: "It's my good deed for the year." I thought his good deed would be keeping things professional with Quinn?

Brooke: Giggle giggle giggle. Ugh.

At SF, Sally and Saul are rehashing how they can get Coco to spy for them.

You can tell Sally isn't thrilled but she's going along with it. So disappointing.

Saul shows her the teeny tiny camera that can "record for hours."

He suggests planting it in a brooch.

Sally, deadpan, "It is NOT the 1930s. Teenagers don't wear brooches."

They decide to plant the camera in the necklace from their collection, the one Coco has been admiring.

Saul tells Sally he can install the camera right away.

She decides to throw in some earrings, too, that match the necklace. 

What makes them think she'll wear the necklace every day? Or be exposed to the designs for longer than a hot minute? Most interns would be in the mail room or running errands or something besides sitting around and admiring clothing. Why am I asking logical questions?

Then Saul, staring at Sally, has this fantasy of her, complete with a wind machine sexily tousling her hair. He imagines her calling his name just as sexily. Oh, Saul, I think you're setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Sally: "Are you even listening to me?"

He's flustered, but covers, agreeing with her giving Coco the earrings.

He mentions finding some old pictures of Saul and Sally and asks if she knows that his grandfather proposed to her once upon a time.

Sally: "No way!" Clearly, not the reaction he was hoping for.

We see a flashback of original Sally and Saul and said proposal. Awww....

Saul 2.0 tells Sally that if her aunt is anything like her, he can understand why his grandfather wanted to marry her.

Sally thinks that's sweet of him to say.

Saul then asks about her parents, which you can immediately sense is a sore subject for Sally.

She shrugs it off, telling him that Grams took care of her and Coco. He presses, ever so gently, for more details.

She admits her parents weren't around much when she and Coco were growing up. She tells him they were carnies and con artists, dealing more than cards.

She is very matter of fact about all of it, but it's obvious, deep down, how much she was hurt by it and why she's so conflicted about doing what they're about to do with Coco.

She says that if it wasn't for Grams, they would have been thrown into the foster care system. So that definitely explains why she would be swayed by her to spy on FC, to somehow make up for all Grams gave her and Coco. 

Sally, as if resigned to her fate, remarks: "We come from generations of hustlers, years and years of scammers, and then out pops Coco. She's like this angel baby, the most innocent little girl that you have ever met in your life. And thinking of taking advantage of her, I don't know. I don't know. Maybe this is her fate. Maybe she is destined to become one of us."

Sally-parents-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

She looks so uncomfortable here and it's obvious she's trying to convince herself this is who she is more than anything.

I have to wonder if Sally and Coco's parents will turn up at some point.

Sally thinks she toughened up because of her background but Coco is still more guarded.

Not so guarded that she doesn't share her first kiss with RJ that very day.

Saul shows Sally the finished product and she's impressed but still very rattled about lying to Coco.

Saul insists it's the only chance they have.

ETA: 30th anniversary clips 

Stephanie tries to choke Brooke over Throoke. Brooke is rocking the short hair.

Macy dies, courtesy of an oil tanker truck. Except she really doesn't. *See the recap for Wed. 3/8/17 :-)

Kristen and Tony adopt Zende...when he was still cute and charming and not boring and trifling as hell.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

Recap for Wed. 3/8/17

In the FC studio, Coco is all blushing and shyness after RJ's kiss. Okay, they are sort of cute together.

In the CEO office, Ridge is updating Rick, Maya, Thomas, and Nicole regarding a photo shoot he's planning at the Sydney Opera House. Apparently, Steffy and Ivy will be the models. I can't wait to see Fauxdilok's face when he tells her she'll be sharing the spotlight with Ivy. Where is Madame CEO anyway? Oh, probably still in bed with Liam.

And can I just take a moment to comment on how nice it is that Rick and Thomas are both wearing ties. Ridge, of course, can't be bothered. 

RJ comes in in the middle of the discussion and Thomas and Rick tease him about getting him a hard hat after his brush with death.

Maya pipes up that it was a good thing the new intern, Coco, was there. "Good" is debatable, Maya.

Ridge lectures about security and everyone's eyes glaze over.

He reminds everyone that Rick is in charge while he's away. 

After the meeting, Thomas and RJ talk about Sally and Coco. Thomas still can't believe RJ was able to talk Ridge out of firing her.

RJ, puffing up a little, "Told him the obvious. She's not hurting anyone. She just wants to contribute. Her only fault is that she's a Spectra, and even that's not her fault."

Thomas: "He went for that?"

RJ: "I didn't give him a choice."

Thomas: "Oh, Dad always has a choice. Still, you're better at it than me, getting Dad to do what you want."

RJ: "Well, I am the youngest."

Thomas: "And spoiled." Hello pot, this is kettle.

RJ, sheepish, "Maybe a little."

They both laugh at that and I agree with those who are enjoying the brother relationship. So refreshing to see brothers getting along and enjoying one another's company.

RJ confides in Thomas that he and Coco kissed and their exchange is just made of win.

RJ: "I kissed her."

Thomas: "Coco?"

RJ: "I kissed a Spectra. Bet I'm the first forrester to do that." Actually, that was probably Thorne with Macy and Eric and Sally as well, but Thomas' face tells me he's thinking about a certain fiesty redhead whom he kissed in her office.

Thomas, incredulous and also proud, I think: "You kissed Coco?"

RJ, big grin, "Yep."

Thomas: "All right. How sweet. That's very adorable." 

RJ: "Oh, shut up!" He pauses, then admits, "It was." 

Thomas, teasing, "You don't think Dad should know about this?"

RJ, horrified, "No. No, no, no, no."

Or more like:

tumblr_mnfwx3nT6w1rynk4uo1_250.gif

Thomas, smirking: "Good. Me either."

RJ: "You're not gonna say anything? Right?"

Thomas, grinning: "Well, not if you want this to happen again." They are allies and I love it.

Later, RJ meets up with Ridge and thanks him for letting Coco stay at FC and assures him that "she won't let us down." Ridge tells him he did this for him, against his better judgment.

RJ continues to gush about Coco and Ridge's Spidey senses are tingling.

Ridge: "Is there something else going on here?"

RJ: "What do you mean, 'something else is going on?'"

Ridge, cutting to the chase: "She's a beautiful young lady."

RJ laughs, "No - you are NOT gonna lecture me about mixing business with pleasure." Touche, RJ.

Ridge: "Okay, I probably shouldn't, but I will anyway. Be careful, son. She's a Spectra. Okay?"

But again, RJ has heart-eyes and isn't listening to Ridge anymore at this point. And Ridge knows it.

At SF, Saul and Sally fill in Grams about Coco's spy necklace. Sally is still clearly uncomfortable about using their sister but Shirley gets up on her soapbox.

Shirley: "Your little sister is doing the world a service. All those fancy-schmancy thousand-dollar dresses, common folk can't afford that! We're giving them options. Lookalikes at a fraction of the price. Think of what it'll do for women, their self-esteem!"

Sally, dryly: "You make it sound like we ought to be canonized."

Shirley: "We have every reason to hold our heads up high."

Saul piles on, telling her that they can do this and how genius it is and all Coco has to do is wear that pendant and they're back in business.

Sally's cell rings and she grabs it like a lifeline.

It's Thomas and oh, the guilt on her face as Thomas sings Coco's praises.

He then says, "I look forward to seeing you again." Her heart stops...

Sally: "Me, too," she manages to squeak out before they hang up.

Saul snarks about her feeling guilty about "that rich kid?"

Sally, defensive, "Thomas is good and honest and we're talking about screwing him over, too, not to mention Coco's feelings for RJ."

Saul scoffs at that, saying she hardly knows Thomas, she can't be madly in love already. Well, you barely know Sally, Saul, so shut it.

Sally: "She saved his life."

Shirley: "And now she's gonna save our's."

Saul: "She'll find another guy, okay? Just not a Forrester. Same as you, Sally." Not your business, Saul.

Sally, annoyed: "I'm not looking for a guy, Saul." But you've already found one.

Saul: "Well, when you're ready, you don't have to look far. You need someone you can depend on. Someone who is loyal and speaks your language."

Shirley, in the line of the day: "Someone who always wears a tape measure around his neck." Hee!

Saul is flustered and deflects by basically saying Spectras and Forresters don't mix.

Coco arrives and fills them in on all the happenings at FC.

She talks about how everyone was so nice and then bursts the little bubble by telling them her last name was a deal-breaker and they fired her.

Before everyone can panic, she then reveals that she saved RJ's life and that he stood up for her and she got her job back.

She tells them that's not all.

Saul: "You saved the kid's life, you lost your job, you got it back. Did they make you the CEO? 'Cause they already got two of those." LOL.

Shirley: "Then what happened?"

Coco: "And then he kissed me."

Darlita swoons, but only for a moment, as Sally orders her back to man the receptionist's desks.

RJ calls and Coco steps out to take his call, echoing Thomas, she tells RJ she can't wait to see him again and teases him about watching out for forklifts.

When she comes back in, they present her with the gift of necklace and earrings. I'm guessing both are bugged because they tell her she can trade off.

Coco is touched and is off to show Darlita, who thinks she'll look "so hot, sashaying into Forrester wearing those."

Coco admires Darlita's dress, a Sally original, especially the way it flows and hugs her body.

Darlita: "I love having my body hugged." Oh, Darla.

Sally, Shirley, and Saul watch the conversation with Shirley remarking that "this is going to work like a charm."

The 30th anniversary clips are as follows:

Bridget, learning via the baby monitor gifted to Brooke at her baby shower, that the little bun in her mother's oven is her very own husband's. And I hate admitting this because is just destroyed Brooke (and I'm not convinced she's ever recovered), but SK and KKL were smoking hot together...not so hot was JF dripping snot all over the place as she found out THE AWFUL TRUTH.

MACY.IS.ALIVE and standing on top of a lighthouse for some inexplicable reason and Thorne runs to her and the music swells and it's so very soapy.

Then we have the glorious scene of a drunk Sally Scissorhands creating magic by giving an equally schnockered Stephanie a haircut.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Does Coco even realize that RJ is 16?  She probably thinks he's in college.  Ridge also  thinks it's cute and his only real objection is that she's an intern. 

I'd think his objection would be that she's an eeeeevilllll Spectra!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Kimberly tries to kill Brooke

I wasn't watching too often at that time, but really???  I always thought Kimberly was a big time goody-goody character.  Wasn't she in love with Thorne?  Is that why she tried to kill Brooke?  How did she try to kill her?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wasn't watching too often at that time, but really???  I always thought Kimberly was a big time goody-goody character.  Wasn't she in love with Thorne?  Is that why she tried to kill Brooke?  How did she try to kill her?

Our little Kimberly eventually turned to the dark side; dying her hair black and then developing a crush on Thorne. She turned on Brooke, and blamed her for Macy's alcoholism and told her that Thorne didn't love her anymore. This is a terrible clip, but it is the only one I can find:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Stephanie tries to choke Brooke over Throoke. Brooke is rocking the short hair.

Macy dies, courtesy of an oil tanker truck. Except she really doesn't. *See the recap for Wed. 3/8/17 :-)

Kristen and Tony adopt Zende...when he was still cute and charming and not boring and trifling as hell.

Stephanie losing her shit at Big Bear and trying to strangle a broken armed Brooke was some good soap.

Regarding young Zende, it's like Patty and Selma on The Simpsons says: The older they are, the cuter they ain't.

• Love 7

I am also not a fan of RJ. He just looks like a little twerpy kid. And he is so short compared to Thomas and everyone else. Zero interest in him. The camera in the locket and the earrings. I felt like I was watching some kind of Spy Kids movie. Ridiculous. I STILL cannot get interested in Sally Spectra and her gang. I am barely hanging onto this show. It needs to get better!!!

• Love 7