Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Ah, the good old insert "object" in the glass of champagne trick. When that started up, I was actually afraid there was going to be an engagement ring amongst the bubbles and was going to be thoroughly pissed if that was the case. This romance is moving along at breakneck speed as it is.  Given the fact that Eric and Quinn also haven't as much as gone to Starbuck's for a coffee date, Eric is taking a huge leap of faith by inviting her to "shack up."

Steffy really needs to STFU and take several seats right alongside her doting dad. Maybe if she would just chill and focus on something, anything ... besides herself ... things would follow their natural course. Previous odds were that Queric would probably fizzle out, but now, thanks solely to Steffy and Ridge, Eric has dug his heels in and may very well end up marrying Quinn.  And again, WTH is Wyatt supposed to do about this? He's tried talking to Quinn and he and Steffy even agreed that Wyatt has made valiant efforts, but nobody can control Quinn. Actually, they might consider that they can't control anybody else. Just a thought, huh?

If I were Eric, I'd suggest to Steffy that if she's so beside herself over his involvement with Quinn, that maybe a stint at "International" (meaning the further from LA, the better) would calm her down by removing her directly from the situation. (A bonus would be working in a hostile environment under the reign of a vengeful Uncle Thorne!)  Actually, since Eric is the CEO, he could buy her a one-way plane ticket and tell her she's either going, or she's out of a job. Why stop with Ridge? Eric's on a roll right now.

I wish that Quinn would let those stupid bangs grow out. I'm beginning to think that maybe they're a hairpiece and IRL, RS didn't cut a fringe. The bangs aren't really the same texture as the rest of her hair and the shape kinda wonky against RS's features. (Hoping ...)

• Love 14

Were they sending a subliminal message with Quinn’s gown? White in the front, black in the back? Of course the jury is still out, but this viewer is hoping that Quinn has turned a corner, and is going to be the perennial Lady of the Manor. There were subtle clues yesterday that this may be the case; Quinn saying all the right things, trying to leave before the prodigal son returned. And most importantly, none of the tried and true soap trope of the over the shoulder mean eye; instead Quinn was just smiling and closing her eyes in bliss. 

The red herring in all of this is Deacon. I am beginning to wonder if Deacon is alive at all, and is not a figment of Quinn’s imagination. There is the obvious question of who could survive a fall like that. Then you have Deacon showing up at just the right time to let Quinn out of the closet. Seriously? The guy was dripping wet and wrapped in seaweed as if he had just been floating out in the Pacific for a week and suddenly decided to make his way back to Captive Cabin. And amazingly, Deacon was ok with everything; no matter that the lady tried to off you, it’s all good. And Deacon has now become the cheerleader of Quinn’s love life, popping in at Quinn’s seedy hotel unannounced. No one else has seen Deacon. It’s like Quinn has been pulling Deacon out when she felt herself getting ready to go off the rails, and was using him as a sounding board, or a buffer to stop her from doing something crazy. The only hole in this scenario is that Deacon did go to see Bill, but I think that was before she pushed him off the cliff. I am a little fuzzy on that. And I keep waiting for Liam to remember seeing Deacon at the cabin and start asking questions. The whole thing with Deacon is odd; where is he living? How is he living with no income?

Why does Ridge think Katie owes him anything? Why should she jeopardize her divorce, and custodial arrangements for Will, for Ridge’s problem? I don’t see Katie throwing in with Ridge and the Gang. She has come off as sour to the idea since Ridge first summoned her. I think the whole thing is too close to Brooke, and Katie doesn’t want anything to do with it. Katie doesn’t have any issues with Quinn, and has made it a point to tell Bill that she understands why Quinn did what she did. I think Katie is going to get those shares, and is then either going to keep them for herself, or sell them to Eric, giving him equal shares to what his kids and grandkids have. I would love to see that. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

The red herring in all of this is Deacon. I am beginning to wonder if Deacon is alive at all, and is not a figment of Quinn’s imagination. There is the obvious question of who could survive a fall like that. Then you have Deacon showing up at just the right time to let Quinn out of the closet. Seriously? The guy was dripping wet and wrapped in seaweed as if he had just been floating out in the Pacific for a week and suddenly decided to make his way back to Captive Cabin. And amazingly, Deacon was ok with everything; no matter that the lady tried to off you, it’s all good. And Deacon has now become the cheerleader of Quinn’s love life, popping in at Quinn’s seedy hotel unannounced. No one else has seen Deacon. It’s like Quinn has been pulling Deacon out when she felt herself getting ready to go off the rails, and was using him as a sounding board, or a buffer to stop her from doing something crazy. The only hole in this scenario is that Deacon did go to see Bill, but I think that was before she pushed him off the cliff. I am a little fuzzy on that. And I keep waiting for Liam to remember seeing Deacon at the cabin and start asking questions. The whole thing with Deacon is odd; where is he living? How is he living with no income?

That would be one heck of an awesome twist that Deacon is all in Quinn's head but it would make his actions make sense.

And yeah, they've conveniently forgotten or have had Liam forget that he did see Deacon. Actually, Deacon would've been the perfect way for Quinn to skate on her Cabin Crimes while still having Liam try to press charges.  Liam pressing charges, they go to trial, Liam's lawyers call Deacon to the stand because he remembers Deacon being at the cabin and Deacon changes his story on the stand and takes the rap for Quinn saying he prevented her from coming forward because he knew no one would believe that she was trying to help Liam. She developed Stockholm Syndrome and began clinging to Liam/Adam as a way to cope (or some other bull). At the very least he gives enough doubt to the facts of the case in the judges eyes that she skates which leaves Liam rightfully livid and Wyatt with an out to say 'See it wasn't my mooooom, it was Deacon!' so he can continue to support her without looking like a complete idiot. Deacon's reasoning could be that he still loves her and wants to save her from herself despite everything. Quinn is affected by Deacon taking the rap for her and backs off Liam and then Eric calls....

So we get to the same place where we are now, but Liam at least tried to get justice for himself and it sticks in his craw that Quinn has been legally absolved for her crimes, Deacon is dealt with and we have a legit reason why Quinn may want to do better when Eric comes a calling.

And we have ourselves teenaged RJ Forrester!

Looks nothing like Brooke or current Ridge but intrigued what story we're getting from him.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 6

I hope Quinn takes a page from Eric's book and tells Chickenhead to like it or lump it -- she is moving ahead with her life with Eric. If his marriage is that fragile, there is a lot more wrong with it than her. Why, oh why can't someone confront Steffy with the irrefutable fact that NOBODY forced her to marry Wyatt. Her "but I thought Liam broke up with me" is no reason to immediately marry the closest man available who just happens to be his brother. I'm so sick of that shrew! She thinks the world revolves around her, and she's got everyone else believing it, too.

• Love 17

@RuntheTable another thing that's cool about your scenario is that if Deacon IS dead then it sets up a great story for if/when his body washes ashore and is found, Quinn's happily Mrs. Eric Forrester with a baby on the way, has actually been decent in her behavior since hooking up with Eric, but her past crimes threaten her new happiness.

I love how Quinn wants to tell everyone to stay out of her love life when she was never respected anyone else's business and has run roughshod over people to get what she wants - to the point of actual crimes.  NOW she doesn't care about Wyatt's love life after all the crap she pulled on Liam?

Regardless of Waffles' 'crimes' against Hope and Steffy (and frankly, they were two grown women who could've walked away at anytime. Liam was a waffler, but Steffy/Hope didn't want to lose their boy toy to the other so they kept this crap up as much as he did), Quinn has done worse in the name of Wyatt's happiness and now that she's moved on to her own, Wyatt can kick rocks? I can't with this woman.

• Love 9

My only issue with Wyatt is he's doing this to save a marriage with someone who doesn't actually want to be married to him.  It just continues to make him look pathetic.  He's trying to reason with his mother, meanwhile EVERYONE else doesn't care if his marriage implodes or is actively trying to make it implode.  He should've been the one to get a potential relationship with Sasha, not the hovering rapist.  Speaking of which...

Thomas, just STFU.  It doesn't even matter what subject he's talking about.  STFU.  I cannot stand that asshole.

• Love 10

Deacon went to see Bill after the attempted murder.  Bill wanted him to tell him where Quinn was because he found out about her kidnapping Liam.

It would be interesting if Quinn did try to kill Deacon, he is now a figment of her imagination and then the real Deacon comes back and creates havoc for her while she is set up with Eric (while starting something with Katie which will make Bill's head explode).   As the writers have forgotten, Deacon was on the show before so not only does he have history with Quinn he does with Eric too.  Hell, this could set something up with Brooke/Deacon by having them both try to break them up for their own reasons.

And I don't buy Eric/Quinn as a couple.  All the crap she is spewing now she said the same about Liam.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

One thing I'll say is Ronn Moss was by far the worst actor to ever grace B&B, but at least he got some decent material to work with that made the character easier to root for at times. Plus, Moss was so bad he was good for lulz (see also the scenes where Brooke tells him Caroline I is dying. I really couldn't keep a straight face.)

I don't even get that from JMW,  and there hasn't been one story with Steffy in all this time that's stuck the landing for me, 

Now you've made me want to see Steffy burst through the door and yell " THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN QUINN !! NOT GONNA HAPPEN !!!!

• Love 12

Re: Teen RJ, I really wished he'd been aged up the same time as Hope, cuz I would've  I would've loved for Mick Hazen (the kid that played angst Parker Munson Snyder on ATWT. it was right around the time of ATWT'S cancellation, so it would've worked.

As it is now, I have some minor hope RJ will get better stories than his siblings did. He's got no female cousins close in age for him to book and he's too young to be a spoiler for any of the Forrester/Avant romances. So they'll have to write some actual not-entirely-stupid stories for him.

6 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

Now you've made me want to see Steffy burst through the door and yell " THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN QUINN !! NOT GONNA HAPPEN !!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man, good times!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Were they sending a subliminal message with Quinn’s gown? White in the front, black in the back? Of course the jury is still out, but this viewer is hoping that Quinn has turned a corner, and is going to be the perennial Lady of the Manor. There were subtle clues yesterday that this may be the case; Quinn saying all the right things, trying to leave before the prodigal son returned. And most importantly, none of the tried and true soap trope of the over the shoulder mean eye; instead Quinn was just smiling and closing her eyes in bliss. 

I liked the graphic irony of the dress -- The white front (forward into the light for a positive future with Eric) and the black back (leaving the darkness of her past behind) -- and she looked great in it. RS depicting Quinn in love with Eric is delightful. I really enjoy watching her support and standing up for him taking procession of Forrester Creations and the mansion. Only time Stephanie would get behind Eric is if it advanced her future objectives to keep Ridge coddled in FC with a sugar tit in his mouth.

The whole Adam and Eve at the Magical Cabin SL was cherry-picked to avoid saying out loud that Liam was (mentally incompetent though he was) emotionally and sexually invested with Quinn and she with him. There's been a lot of screwed up faces and "not going to think about" Quinn and Liam fucking like bunnies, and enjoying every minute of it. An earlier poster mentioned Steffy is hysterical about Quinn because she is angry and jealous at her for being in a emotional and sexual relationship with Liam, and she's blaming everything on Quinn's interference and her marrying Wyatt.

Steffy would never openly admit that she was jealous of Quinn schtupping Liam for months; that would place Quinn on the same sexually competitive level as Steffy ... and no one is as sexually alluring and provocative as Steffy Forrester. Instead, Quinn is dangerous and threat to everyone in her orbit, therefore Quinn must leave her and Wyatt alone and to go far away. All those squawking threats and demands came to nothing; Eric has taken control of FC, he and Quinn are living together at the mansion, and Steffy has chosen Liam as her White Knight to "protect her from Quinn." Bitch please.

The other part that is so annoying of cherry-picking Liam's stay-cation at the Magical Cabin, is his convenient memory on several significant incidents; his reason for breaking his engagement with Steffy was because he returned from Australia to find Steffy and Wyatt in his bed and assumed the worst, and Deacon being Eve's friend at the Magical Cabin. We've not been shown any treatment or therapy that Liam has gone through, so the viewer can assume the treatment was minimally administered and grudgingly approached by Liam.

Deacon isn't Quinn's imaginary friend; he's very much terrestrial. I do believe that he will pop up when he's least needed to screw with Liam's rosy dream of getting Steffy back. How Deacon deals with the day-to-day, takes care of himself and where he lives aren't considered important to the SL. Deacon's periodic characterizations as Cassandra are important (by the limited Delphic standards of TIIC); Quinn never believes his warnings that her bright ideas will generate problems for her and tragedy for Wyatt.

Why does Ridge think Katie owes him anything? Why should she jeopardize her divorce, and custodial arrangements for Will, for Ridge’s problem? I don’t see Katie throwing in with Ridge and the Gang. She has come off as sour to the idea since Ridge first summoned her. I think the whole thing is too close to Brooke, and Katie doesn’t want anything to do with it. Katie doesn’t have any issues with Quinn, and has made it a point to tell Bill that she understands why Quinn did what she did. I think Katie is going to get those shares, and is then either going to keep them for herself, or sell them to Eric, giving him equal shares to what his kids and grandkids have. I would love to see that. 

Ridge thinks he has an ally with Brooke in convincing Katie to pursue $Bill's 12.5% of Forrester Creations stock. Brooke refuses to say directly she will support Katie in Ridge's plan in her divorce settlement. Katie see's Brooke say nothing, knowing Brooke is loyal to $Bill, but Ridge might still think he has some influence over Brooke.

I doubt it -- Why should Brooke burn her bridges with amicably getting back together with $Bill by supporting a divorce settlement fight over FC stock with Katie? Katie getting the FC stock only benefits Katie and Ridge, not Brooke. Brooke has no dog in the Take Back Forrester Creations From Eric and Quinn Battle with Ridge; other than personal feelz, history, concern about Rick's future and Quinn returning to FC, Brooke has no financial stake in FC.

Brooke does have an big emotional stake in $Bill, and a much smaller stake in her relationship with Katie. The Golden Cooter will be aroused by free and clear boinking with The Stallion, and Brooke will tell him everything Ridge is planning with Katie and the stock. I could see $Bill deliberately going to Eric, telling him Ridge's plans, then supporting Eric to continue as CEO in a stock fight, if only to get back at Ridge for conspiring with Katie against him.

The other possibility is that Brooke keeps Ridge's plan for the stock to herself. $Bill has his suspicions Ridge is behind it but no evidence, and Katie refuses all other offers, threatening to go to court and get more than the FC stock but also a substantial chunk of Spencer Publications and will drag out the divorce as well. $Bill desperately needs Brooke back in his bed, and grudgingly gives the FC stock to Katie in the divorce settlement. The pending stock fight takes place, Katie holds on to the stock and she votes to support Eric to continue as CEO of FC. <Ouch!>

• Love 9

I can't make heads or tails of where the Brill and Katie stuff is going. Broke owes Ridge nothing and has no vested interest in keeping Quinni and Eric apart. OTOH, she's been sincere about standing by Katie and helping her keep Will, even if Bill is not happy about the arrangement. I've never even seen her stand up to Ridge like that ever.

• Love 2

Come to think of it, does Brooke own any stock anymore? It just dawned on me that RJ's arrival just as Stock Swap 2016 is gearing may not be a coincidence. Y'all remember when Brooke was voted out when Stephenie courted Deacon for the two percent that Eric III had? Hope also had stock at the time via Brooke despite being in diapers still. Maybe his conveniently forgotten stock will be the sway that keeps Eric as CEO as she supports Katie in an attempt to get on her good side.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Poor Wyatt ... Frantic to find Quinn, to unceremonially kick her ass out of his life and out of Los Angeles, because his marriage to Steffy hangs by a thread and is dependent on Quinn leaving the planet.

Oh, well. He tried to reason with her by begging and pleading, but Quinn was having none of it. She's finally happy and in love with Eric. Eric is having her move into the mansion and return to Forrester Creations. He's told his family to grow up, get over it or get out.

What does Wyatt have left that Quinn will take seriously? The mysterious death of Senor Montemayor, and how Wyatt was left the Hope For The Future Diamond in Senor Motemayor's will?

Personally, I think Wyatt's failure to banish Quinn is Steffy's lame excuse to dump him after 2 minutes of marriage and go back to Liam. I don't think it will be a clean break with Wyatt or a clear path back to Liam, because this triangle has too many anvils waiting to drop..

• Love 9

Wow! Quinn really has a lot of power if the *president* of one of the world's most successful fashion house and its head designer wile away hours -- I'm talking HOURS, people -- discussing her every waking moment. Get a life ya dumbfucks! Ridge needed to have been doing some serious house hunting instead of enabling Steffy's exit from her marriage. "I meant those vows." (My ass!) Meanwhile, Steffy needs to be seeking out one of Beverly Hill's tattoo removal specialists. 

I feel sorry for Wyatt. I really do. Yes, he was a dimwitted fool to so doggedly pursue Steffy, but you can tell how conflicted he is. I could tell by his facial expressions and body language that he is truly happy and excited for his mother. But he's stuck having to dance to the tune of that vile screeching harpy.

I guess it's too much to ask for him to just go home and tell Steffy to suck it up or get lost. He deserves better and then he'll be off the hook IRT whatever goes down with Eric and Quinn (no pun intended ... well maybe....!) ;-) Steffy and Liam deserve each other and it's a given that if the reunite and even marry, divorce #283791091 isn't long in the works.

Yeah. Thomas really needs to concentrate on getting and keeping his side of the street clean before he goes around subtly undermining Steffy's marriage and encouraging Liam.  (Just when I was starting to really like Thomas* again.)

What I fear is going to happen is that Wyatt will get through to Quinn and he'll leave.  In the meantime, Quinn will leave Eric's house and he'll return to an empty living room with no idea where Quinn is. Of course, this is an old SL that's been recycled so many times it can rewrite itself.

*Re: Thomas's hair. I work part-time and I've noticed a few of the young millennial guys sporting the same type of hair style as well as dress -- the skinny manjeans and patterned shirts. No, I didn't both to gaze down to their feet to see if they were wearing socks or not!

• Love 11

Quinn's dress was awesome!  The structure, black/white, and loved the thigh high slits.

Steffy & Ridge...hell, all of 'em needs to take a seat or 10 and leave Eric alone.  I'm loving Eric/Quinn (anything that puts these two on my screen more...together or not...is fine by me).

Katie was rockin' those grey jeans.

Agreed on the hipster hair and clothes.  My shop is in a college town and I see that look quite a bit.

Loved Pam's floral dress and red sweater this week.  Steffy's dress is very nice, too.  Good color on her.  Ok...I've been re-arranging racks of clothes all day getting ready for fall.  Got wardrobe on the brain.

Back to the Olympics......

• Love 7

It is so stupid for anyone to think they can control another's personal life and quite arrogant at that. If Quinn stays true to form she will self-destruct and if she is really sincere about changing, everyone is worried for nothing.  Of course that doesn't work for a soapy story. I do like RS as a actress and enjoy watching her but she does do bad girl really well. Not sure I want to see her reformed just for entertainment value. This is definitely the best storyline the show has had in a long while. Glad the vets are getting air time. Now if they could only find something for Deacon to do...

• Love 7
2 hours ago, FanOfTheFans said:

Now if they could only find something for Deacon to do...

Like soon-to-be three-time divorceé Steffy?

I mean, she knows the history of Deacon and Bridget. Being the spiteful bitch she is, I'd totally see her screw him in between break ups from Liam just to piss off dear old Granddad and prove a point. Such a shame iPhones don't hold up under water like a landline ;)

• Love 6

Well, they certainly have my attention. Wyatt is starting to try my patience though. He has allowed himself to get so caught up in Steffy’s hysteria that he isn’t seeing the real picture. He needs to go somewhere alone, without Steffy harping in his ear, and really examine the situation. There was no ultimatum about Quinn on his wedding day. To the contrary, that was a festive, happy, joyous occasion, with Quinn in attendance. Steffy and Quinn spent some time together, Quinn toasted and made speeches to the happy couple. And I do believe Steffy was fully aware of Quinn’s past deeds at the time. I do believe she knew how Quinn had stalked Liam, broke into his home, held a sword to his throat, locked him in the steam room, pushed Ivy into the Seine and so on. But she had no problem with her then; her issues didn’t arise until Liam was sprung from Captive Cabin. And that is what Wyatt needs to examine. What was different about that from Quinn’s other actions? I say it is that somehow Liam’s magical mojo worked its spell on Quinn. That, and Liam being totally dependent on her brought out all those latent mothering and loving tendencies Quinn had either forgotten about, or maybe had never felt. I think Steffy is fuming mad and jealous that Liam developed real feelings for Quinn. It doesn’t matter that he didn’t know who he was. Inside, he was still Liam.

Wyatt needs to understand that all of Steffy’s huffing and puffing isn’t about her, or Eric, or FC’s, it is about Liam. He also needs to realize that if the key to his marital happiness lies with his mother being MIA, then maybe he needs to pick the lock instead. Wyatt doesn’t get it yet that he is never going to have a happy, fulfilled relationship, much less marriage, with Steffy. She is too demanding and self centered, and too involved with Liam. He doesn’t get that the third wheel in his marriage isn’t Quinn, but is Liam. I am angry with him that he would tell his mother she doesn’t deserve any happiness. Quinn’s actions may have been misguided, but they were all for him, as was her years of struggle and sacrifice as a single mother who was starting a business on her own. I know Wyatt is tired of cleaning up his mother’s messes, but what he doesn’t understand is that is what he is going to be doing with Steffy as well. He should walk away from this paper thin marriage and let Steffy go back to her cosmic love. Then he can laugh it off after they implode for the hundred billionth time.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15

As annoying as Liam has been, I'm a little surprised at how marginalized he seems right now. When you have to be propped by Thomas and Ridge, it's a little pathetic. 

Wyatt is getting on my nerves. His marriage never had a chance and he has to know it. Ruining Quinn's chance with Eric is only delaying the inevitable.

• Love 4

I just don't think severing a parental tie is realistic.  Kids want to love their parents, even if said parent does questionable things. I would think Wyatt would eventually resent Steffy if he cut Quinn out of his life. I am curious to see how this all pans out. 

• Love 11

^

Exactly. How many times have Ridge and company managed to ban Stephanie from their lives? How long did it take for Bridget to forgive Brooke for both Deacon and Nick?

Looney as Quinn is, Steffy is far from worth this amount of effort. But that said, Watt is aware of how weak sauce his marriage is. If he had any faith in their union he'd have tried to find Liam when he saw the security footage (is anyone gonna address that, ever? I mean that would be a gift wrapped excuse for Steffy to high tail it to Waffles, like Brooke did to Nick that time Ridge cleaned Rick's clock).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

If he had any faith in their union he'd have tried to find Liam when he saw the security footage (is anyone gonna address that, ever? I mean that would be a gift wrapped excuse for Steffy to high tail it to Waffles, like Brooke did to Nick that time Ridge cleaned Rick's clock).

I think they know. Charlie was openly brag/discussing finding the footage to Pam and several other people at Liam's welcome back to Forrester party. Why no one was like 'And you didn't report this to the police/Bill?' I have no clue. Or rather it, like Liam finding Steffy/Wyatt in bed together, and Liam forgetting about Deacon being in on Quinn's plan has been forgotten/glossed over/perhaps used at a later date/but not really.

What gets me is that with the usual soap trope bad girl redemption by rape, the bad girl is raped and 'redeemed' and becomes a rootable heroine on the show (Liz on GH, Marty on OLTL) except in this case Quinn is the bad girl who sexually assaulted a man and it's her and not her victim that gets the redemption treatment because she 'learned the power of true love' and is getting rewarded with a powerful male lover who is playing her white knight prince charming hero which is great - except that she sexually violated another man in order to learn this. She still doesn't think or get that what she did to Liam was heinous, things just didn't work out the way she wanted. That's a weird message.  Then again Caroline backtracking to saying she wanted Thomas the night Douglas was conceived is also a weird message so it's not like this show isn't consistent.

Maybe Ivy's return is for Wyatt and not Liam. Steffy puts her foot down and moves out, and Ivy swoops in with a sympathetic ear and open arms. Steffy goes back to Liam, he then remembers about Wyffy cuddle times in his bed and dumps her. Good times.

• Love 12

I honestly don't think Bradley Bell has a grasp on what "consent" actually is, Tobin. But rape of male characters, especially on soaps gets grossly glossed over or outright laughed at if Hogan Sheffer is penning the show (*gets angry all over again about Craig and Jack on ATWT*) Hell, on Y&R, Phillis actually helped her son's rapist get custody of the grandchild who had been adopted (however illegally) to....well, Billy and Victoria weren't ideal to raise any child, but they aren't psychotic rapists.

Then, there's the shit Ridge has pulled, and even one kinda questionable point where Taylor did the same thing to Ridge that was handwaved with him saying Taylor didn't know he'd taken the medicine. At least TIIC didn't wait almost a year to back track on that one.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

What gets me is that with the usual soap trope bad girl redemption by rape, the bad girl is raped and 'redeemed' and becomes a rootable heroine on the show (Liz on GH, Marty on OLTL) except in this case Quinn is the bad girl who sexually assaulted a man and it's her and not her victim that gets the redemption treatment because she 'learned the power of true love' and is getting rewarded with a powerful male lover who is playing her white knight prince charming hero which is great - except that she sexually violated another man in order to learn this. She still doesn't think or get that what she did to Liam was heinous, things just didn't work out the way she wanted. That's a weird message. 

There's plenty of weird to go around.

Quinn, still in the throws of her ardor for Liam, was willing to go to jail to give Liam whatever he needed to give him peace about their Magical Cabin episode. Liam declined to have her charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment. He fully expressed his anger with her, she accepted their idyll was over, and TIIC swept the whole thing under the rug.

To this day, Steffy categorically refuses to admit that Liam and Quinn were relating to each other in any way at the cabin. As far as Steffy is concerned Liam was hogtied and gagged in some dark cellar, with Quinn cackling maniacally, poking at her prisoner with a sharp stick. It's no different than Steffy denying that Eric would choose Quinn over family demands to the contrary; Quinn has to have a plan and manipulating gullible old Eric in some nefarious way.

With everyone squicked out and refusing to believe that Concussion Liam had happy sexxxy times with Quinn (he believed he was Adam married to Eve), Liam suddenly glossing over it was dishonest. Quinn attempted to avoid having sex with Liam, but she was already caught up in his baby bird neediness, and Adam wanted to make love with his wife.

Quinn placed him in a situation and location where he was dependent on her for everything, but she didn't force him to have sex with her. That came out of her ministrations of his concussion and protracted lies to have him believe they were married, and he understandably responded sexually to her. None the less, Quinn cloistered Liam away from his life while he was suffering from a concussion. He wasn't able to consent to any kind of relationship with anyone and Quinn was well aware of it. 

Then again Caroline backtracking to saying she wanted Thomas the night Douglas was conceived is also a weird message so it's not like this show isn't consistent.

Consistently moving the goal posts on Misunderstanding Night.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I honestly don't think Bradley Bell has a grasp on what "consent" actually is, Tobin. But rape of male characters, especially on soaps gets grossly glossed over or outright laughed at if Hogan Sheffer is penning the show (*gets angry all over again about Craig and Jack on ATWT*) Hell, on Y&R, Phillis actually helped her son's rapist get custody of the grandchild who had been adopted (however illegally) to....well, Billy and Victoria weren't ideal to raise any child, but they aren't psychotic rapists.

Then, there's the shit Ridge has pulled, and even one kinda questionable point where Taylor did the same thing to Ridge that was handwaved with him saying Taylor didn't know he'd taken the medicine. At least TIIC didn't wait almost a year to back track on that one.

I think modern or legal terms of "consent" get in the way of how B&B has always handled sexual activity ... DESTINY!, Greatest Love!, The One!, momentary dirty fun but not for the long-term, romantic sepia-toned first-time nonsense, or Rape Night rewritten recharacterized reimagined to salvage a character at the expense of another.

Soap culture often conscripts men as the sexual aggressor, theoretically the man initiates sexual activity.  But women are sexual initiators; they are the one's to choose to have sex with the man ... or not.

Without "consent" and you've got poorly written SLs involving social stigma, denial, criminal activity, immediate conception, WTD?, shame, guilt, lies and more lies, jealousy, revenge, fist fights, the occasional hospital/doctor's visit, and in very rare cases, legal repercussions.

B&B likes to muddy the waters as they have been presented by rewriting Rape Night to throw ambiguity into the mix, but more often than not it's to fix what TIIC have fucked up.

• Love 3

I have a question.  I know Liam does not remember finding Steffy and Wyatt in bed together after he returned from Australia.  Did he tell Ivy about what he saw?  When Ivy finally returns will she be in a position to drop that particular bombshell?  

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a question.  I know Liam does not remember finding Steffy and Wyatt in bed together after he returned from Australia.  Did he tell Ivy about what he saw?  When Ivy finally returns will she be in a position to drop that particular bombshell?  

Unfortunately, Liam didn't tell anyone that he saw Wyatt/Steffy in bed together. He came home, saw them, left and went to Spencer publishing where Bill and Katie found him sleeping on the couch in Bill's office. He told them he and Steffy were over but not why. Later in his conversations with Steffy he needled her about what possible reasons would he have to break up with her (expecting her to confess to sleeping with Wyatt) but because she never realized he came right back home (even though she commented that he was wearing the same clothes he had left for Australia in and hadn't changed them) she never put it together that he might've seen her in bed with Wyatt and so never confessed. This pissed Liam off even more and he played well if you're not gonna admit to it, then we have nothing to discuss angle.

During Ivy's return earlier in the Spring, she told Steffy that Liam came right back and never stayed in Australia with her but Steffy still didn't put two and two together that the timing was right for him to have come home and found them in his bed together. Given how mad he was, Steffy should've figured it out but I'm betting her excuse is partly going to be that it hadn't crossed her mind as a reason for Liam breaking up with her because they hadn't slept together and so it was an 'innocent' situation.

They needed Liam to so livid that he couldn't even stand to talk to Steffy and so that people would believe that he would need to take a break from it all and cut off communication from everyone for a bit. 

• Love 5

That's an interesting question.  I kind of had the impression that once Liam very firmly told Ivy goodbye when she kept clinging (with words) as they were trying to deplane, that they haven't had any contact since.

However, given Bell's history, here's what I'm sort of expecting. Obviously (we hope) there has to be some explanation as to Ivy's absence for all of these months.  Ivy will come back to LA and say that she spent some time back home trying to "find herself," "get her head back on straight," etc. (really, it should be RECOVERING FROM MY VERY SERIOUS MULTIPLE  INJURIES INFLICTED BY MY DEAR COUSIN STEFFY! -- Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir!)  I can also see her doing something like reaching out to Wyatt to apologize for her behavior towards him, which will crack the door (soon to become POD)  since by then, Steffy will have moved out and he'll be lonely, vulnerable and hurting.

New "reformed" (softer and gentler) Quinn will extend an olive branch to Ivy and invite her back to work with her at FC.  Then circling back to the question, Ivy's new "higher evolved self" will pay a friendly visit to Liam and the conversation will eventually be something along these lines when Ivy is confused as to why Steffy and Liam are getting back together, "You told me that when you came home from taking me back to Australia, that you found Steffy and Wyatt in bed together." Liam, then, will suddenly have a memory flash and recall what he saw and remember that's the reason why he and Steffy were apart in the first place. That's really the only way I can think of to backtrack and release that flaming arrow into the smoldering fire at the landfill of Steffy/Wyatt/Quinn/Eric/Liam.

Wyatt and Ivy will get back together and be wholly supported by Quinn. Quinn and Ivy will become buds as well as step-aunt/niece when Quinn marries Eric. Liam will end up with Katie, Brooke with Bill, Sasha and Thomas and in a twist that nobody saw coming, Caroline and Deacon! Steffy and Ridge leave town in disgrace and have a head-on accident with the Kardashians on PCH and the ALL die. And they (the rest) all lived happily ever after!

Or, I suppose that Ivy could just nonchalantly show up out of the blue like she simply went across the street to Starbuck's on an extended coffee break ...

Otherwise, Steffy has some nerve. So she's going to throw Wyatt -- who a the previous breath, she stated that she loved -- in order to get her way with Quinn. I mean, how f-ed up is that? It's so obvious that that bitter bitch has a huge axe to grind with Quinn over Liam. I was so hoping that Eric would hear the shrieking and come racing down the stairs to hear Steffy's threats and throw her ass out of his house. I also liked seeing Quinn showing a little edge when she told Puffy that it was Eric's (and her) house and he (they) had discretion over who could visit or reside there. Really is frozen bitch face scowl the only expression JMW can emote? That really could have been a compelling scene if RS had a better actress to play against. SMH.

And Sasha ... girl, please! Stop acting so thirsty again. Technically, Thomas is still your boss, so to speak, so until he indicates otherwise, CHILL! He was obviously hurting because he missed Douglas (and probably Caroline) so he wasn't in the mood for anything more than a quick beer and some vague conversation. Show yourself some respect and let him come after you for a change.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 11

Thanks TobinAlbers.  You jumpstarted my memory.  Liam was being such a passive aggressive bitch playing the You Tell Me What You DID game with a clueless Steffy.  

Maybe having Ivy around will spark his memory just as Wyatt dumps Steffy and she goes back to Liam.  Liam will also dump Steffy, leaving her all alone.  Steffy getting her just desserts would make me so happy.

• Love 4
On 08/18/2016 at 3:50 PM, Gudzilla said:

Based on how she ran after Quinn in Monaco, she'd bust through the door like the Kool-aid Man.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Steffy kinda sucks.

Stuffy totally sucks. I would love to see her thrown into the mouth of an active volcano. I hope Quinn calls her bluff about ending her marriage if Quinn doesn't leave. It would be great if Quinn,"You know, you should end your sham of a marriage because he deserves better than you."

• Love 11
2 hours ago, jenrising said:

If Wyatt knows his wife, he'll be the one to bring Ivy back to LA. The only sure way to get Steffy interested is to look at another woman. 

He should've called Hope first. ;)

7 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Steffy kinda sucks.

This.

The wrong twin went over the cliff in 2008. #stillsalty

• Love 11
4 hours ago, grisgris said:

And Sasha ... girl, please! Stop acting so thirsty again. Technically, Thomas is still your boss, so to speak, so until he indicates otherwise, CHILL! He was obviously hurting because he missed Douglas (and probably Caroline) so he wasn't in the mood for anything more than a quick beer and some vague conversation. Show yourself some respect and let him come after you for a change.

She's dating outside of her sister's exes and NOT resorting to scheming. It's something Brooke only learned to stop doing within this decade.

For B&B, that's damn near progressive.

Baby steps ;)

• Love 11

This is the only board I read so this is a sincere question - are we supposed to be rooting for Steffy? Does she have fans?

As far as I can see, the only young, beautiful heroine type on now is Sasha. I just wish Thomas wasn't her knight in less than shining armor. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, tessaray said:

This is the only board I read so this is a sincere question - are we supposed to be rooting for Steffy? Does she have fans?

As far as I can see, the only young, beautiful heroine type on now is Sasha. I just wish Thomas wasn't her knight in less than shining armor. 

In all honestly, who else is there for Sasha? Liam the weenie? He'd probably stare into the distance as Julis railed off all the reasons Sasha's existence is responsible for everything from the economy to global warming. Wyatt wouldn't even noticed she exist until Liam fucks her. Carter's been MIA for a while, and so has Oliver after Aly died. That pretty much only leaves Thomas, sad as it is.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

In all honestly, who else is there for Sasha? Liam the weenie? He'd probably stare into the distance as Julis railed off all the reasons Sasha's existence is responsible for everything from the economy to global warming. Wyatt wouldn't even noticed she exist until Liam fucks her. Carter's been MIA for a while, and so has Oliver after Aly died. That pretty much only leaves Thomas, sad as it is.

That's pretty depressing. Sasha spent her most of her life being a terrible secret, is trying to be a better person than she has been, and Rapey Forelock is the only romance prospect she has. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I'm guessing that maybe Steffy/JMW has a big fan base overseas*.  That's the only *logical* reason I can think of for why BB & Co. insist on keeping her front and center.  I wonder how much he has to toe the line in order to keep the foreign markets happy vs. what appeals to viewers on this side of the pond as well as keeps advertisers and the network happy? Can't be easy, but it seems like until lately, he hasn't been trying very hard.

I'm OK with Sasha and Thomas. If Quinn can change, so can Thomas. My main reason for shipping them is because of the big FU it sends to Julius when he was ranting that Sasha couldn't possibly land "a Forrester man." Who's gonna get the last laugh here?  Also, how much shall we wager that once Sashmas is firmly cemented, that Julius will change his tune a warp speed and welcome his long-lost daughter with open arms and empty pockets?

*If you're ever really bored and want a good head-scratch and laugh some time, check out some of the other soap boards or even the comments to B&B clips on YouTube.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I'm guessing that maybe Steffy/JMW has a big fan base overseas*.  That's the only *logical* reason I can think of for why BB & Co. insist on keeping her front and center.  I wonder how much he has to toe the line in order to keep the foreign markets happy vs. what appeals to viewers on this side of the pond as well as keeps advertisers and the network happy? Can't be easy, but it seems like until lately, he hasn't been trying very hard.

I'm OK with Sasha and Thomas. If Quinn can change, so can Thomas. My main reason for shipping them is because of the big FU it sends to Julius when he was ranting that Sasha couldn't possibly land "a Forrester man." Who's gonna get the last laugh here?  Also, how much shall we wager that once Sashmas is firmly cemented, that Julius will change his tune a warp speed and welcome his long-lost daughter with open arms and empty pockets?

Yeah, Thomas is a much bigger "catch" than Zzende is. Zzende is just the son of a peripheral Forrester. ;-)

• Love 8

It's ironic that both new romances have the rape problem.  IMO, they did such a good job of making Thomas a creeper, with things like the door locking fantasy - not just "misunderstanding night".  His being strong and sympathetic with Sasha really works for me and then I catch a glimpse of Caroline.  Ugh.  I know, I'm either going to have to handwave it or stop watching but it sucks that those are my only 2 choices.   

Quinn is more problematic for me because Quinn and Eric really shine.  And Steffy being the only one to bring up Liam's captivity makes me root even harder for Quinn.  Well, until she starts going on about how Liam changed her.  That part is nausea-inducing.  

But I'm watching. So I guess they are doing something right.  It's just frustrating that the good stories have such a gross foundation. 

• Love 8

I'm not sure who we're "supposed to" root for when it comes to Steffy/Quinn, but my reaction to Steffy of "oh shut the hell up you ugly haired-puffy lipped bitch" was not the reaction TPTB was going for.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure who we're "supposed to" root for when it comes to Steffy/Quinn, but my reaction to Steffy of "oh shut the hell up you ugly haired-puffy lipped bitch" was not the reaction TPTB was going for.

*gigglesnort*

• Love 4
5 hours ago, grisgris said:

*If you're ever really bored and want a good head-scratch and laugh some time, check out some of the other soap boards or even the comments to B&B clips on YouTube.

:-)  I tried.  Luckily on the clips I skimmed, the Youtube viewers are all over the map.  (I was afraid there were going to be a bunch of Steffy/Liam forever fans.)  The worst thing I've seen on YT was the speculation that Steffy will find out she's pregnant after she's left Wyatt.  Let's hope they've had their fill of baby stories for a while. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

^^^I don't recall a likely WTD storyline where a potential daddy just accepted that it wasn't him...that was very weird.

There wasn't, but given how Hope literally jumped from being with Liam one day to Wyatt the next and that the following week after that wedding, she was pregnant, I have a hard time thinking that wouldn't have come up at eventually, whether before birth or after the kid is born with some genetic illness that Liam realizes could mean the kid could be his (a la Jack Marone) I'm surprised Liam hasn't managed to spawn yet given how Bell seems to love this useless character.

• Love 2

I'm enjoying the hell out of Quinn/Eric and the fallout from all the need to mind their own beeswax cry-babies has been positively delicious.

I'm also really liking Thomas/Sasha and for once, Thomas isn't creepy, so, um, good job there, PF.

Throw in some scenes with Viv finding some independence and Julius getting a clue and a job, Brooke and Ridge having their friendly chats, and that's about all I would need to see on my screen to keep me happy.

• Love 14