Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

So my DVR didn't record yesterday's show.

Sounds as if it it was performing an act of mercy.

Because, to your point, RuntheTable, it sounds like they are going to have Caroline and Thomas try their hand at being the next Luke and Laura. First of all, neither of them can hold a candle to GF or TG where their acting capabilities are concerned and second of all, L&L was the biggest sack of bullshit that has ever been sold in soap history, taking the horrific rape of Laura at the disco and then funneling all efforts into making them THE supercouple of the ages, complete with a dream wedding where how many millions of suckers tuned in to watch the rapist marry his victim?

At least with L&L, chickens came home to roost decades later when Liz was raped and Lucky learned the truth about his golden, magical parents and was disgusted with both of them. As he should have been. 

But TPTB have already drawn the line in the sand where C&T are concerned as it's clear they aren't calling it a rape, despite playing it out that way on screen. I guess it's one of those "Blurred Lines" situations. Give this a read: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/. Notice how Badley, the misogynist of all misogynists,hand waves it away because Thomas thought it was consensual. WTF cares what Thomas' state of mind was? And California penal code clearly dictates his mistaken belief of consent does not = consent by the victim.  Please excuse me while I puke reading this again and snort-laughing over the statement regarding Badley "you are the most socially conscious producer in daytime." AYFKM?

As for Ridge being ousted as CEO, well there are plenty of legitimate reasons he shouldn't have been CEO in the first place, but name one FC  employee who hasn't been involved in at least one, if not a half-dozen scandals over the years so it's ridiculous that this would be the straw that broke the camel's back where his CEO status is concerned. Rick isn't fit to be CEO either so he can take a seat.

I wish Thorne could return and take the reins but that will never, ever happen.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Has Rick forgotten that he had relationships with both of his nieces, not to mention their mother? How about faking his paralysis in order to keep his mother and Ridge apart? Messing with mom’s podcast to edit out anything good about Ridge? Shooting guns off in occupied offices? Demoralizing the FC’s staff? Sabotaging new campaigns? Oh, and of course shooting your mom’s husband.

He is allowed to forget the ones that were played by a different actor :)

• Love 8

Oh, and of course shooting your mom’s husband. Yes indeed, let us discuss morality clauses.

That Ridge covered up and assumed the blame for to protect Rick. Rick always seems to forget that when the chips were down Ridge pulled off one of the biggest big brother moves (and did it for Brooke, yes) and had Rick's back going as far as a trial and was committed to going the distance. When Rick fired that gun at Ridge and Caroline I wish he or Brooke or Eric brought that up but knowing Rick he'd just have said 'You weren't protecting me, you just did that to get into my mom's pants.'

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

That Ridge covered up and assumed the blame for to protect Rick. Rick always seems to forget that when the chips were down Ridge pulled off one of the biggest big brother moves (and did it for Brooke, yes) and had Rick's back going as far as a trial and was committed to going the distance. When Rick fired that gun at Ridge and Caroline I wish he or Brooke or Eric brought that up but knowing Rick he'd just have said 'You weren't protecting me, you just did that to get into my mom's pants.'

I really wish TIIC would let Rick remember it on his own. Back when Ridge shot Shane, Brooke teamed up with Taylor the quack to try jogging his memories to no avail, but confessed that he shot Grant anyway so Phoebe wouldn't see her dad go to jail. Just like Katie, he too needs to deal with his bitter resentment, like yesterday.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I wish they'd let Rick remember it, too, and that he and Ridge hash out all the crap from the past and agree they were both jerks and hug it out.

What?

Honestly, I feel like all Rick's pain is really because he does/did love and look up to Ridge, but there's also the conflict of loving your brother who you admire and hating the jerk who jerked around your mom. Obviously he sides with his mother rather than the fickle brother but as deep as his hatred is for Ridge is probably proportional to the hurt and love.

If Rick and Ridge could move past that hurt and forgive, they'd actually be a damn formidable pair at Forrester. And I would love to see Ridge and Rick act like brothers who like and get each other even if they at times have friction. I think they'd have great 'I don't hate your guts' chem.

• Love 6

This is the missing element that makes their fighting fall flat. Even as Thorne shot Ridge for sleeping with Caroline, it was clear they both loved each other in their other interactions. They've been the best man at the other's weddings.

Ever since Kyle Lauder took over the role, it's been non stop hate between the both of them, like it was some typical stepfamily arrangement. But mostly, Rick is an unrepentant entitled brat who at times was no better than Ridge. Like his relationship with Steffy, who he was going to marry to spite Ridge. Sounds familiar? 

Justin Torkelsen  (sic? Can never spell it correctly)'s Rick had his moments of standing up for Brooke and Amber against Ridge and he never needed to use weapons or other pepole to do that.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Rick is an unrepentant entitled brat who at times was no better than Ridge. Like his relationship with Steffy, who he was going to marry to spite Ridge. Sounds familiar? 

That spite "I own her ass" story annoyed me.  Not because it happened, but because it was so out of left field.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That spite "I own her ass" story annoyed me.  Not because it happened, but because it was so out of left field.

It was. The early episodes of that paring definitely came off as happening organically then this Rick using her shit was reconned in once the ratings predictably tanked. 

I distinctly remember that being one of the few stories I didn't have spoilers for because the Internet in my house had been turned off for months. When they got together, barely a week in real time after Phoebe was buried, I was shocked, to say the least.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:26 PM, tricknasty said:

Morality Clause you say? Here we go...

19 hours ago, La di Diva said:

And seriously Rick -- STFU.  Worst scandal ever?  Bah.  And why does the press have to know?  It really is a private family matter as to who Dougie's bio father is. Ridge, Caroline and Thomas can co-parent to their heart's content and it never has to reach the scandal sheets.  Even Bill agreed not to publish it.

Unless of course Rick intends to leak it as a way to shame Ridge and drive him out of the CEO office. Hmmm??  I think Rick is *that* devious and doosh-y.

And if there is a CEO morality clause (first time we ever heard of it), why wasn't it invoked when Rick was still married to Caroline and boning Maya on the side?  Or when they were openly living together while Rick was still married and waiting on the divorce?

I don't know ... Scandal is a relative term on B&B, mostly a matter of expediency and convenience ... Gotta' dig yourself out of badly re-written SL somehow. Blow everything up, scrum for leadership at FC, and shuffle the couples ... Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

In this particular case, Doug's paternity was used as a Forrester Creation PR event for an Eye on Fashion interview with Ridge, Caroline and newborn Doug. TIIC write Show as if the daily goings-on at FC are a regular thing covered by the media, so we can only speculate how far and wide that interview went in the imaginary media portrayed on B&B (Kim Kardashian Adjusting Underwire Bra big? No, but perhaps Kirsten Dunst Grocery Shopping At Whole Foods notable, and that day-in-the-life photo goes everywhere on the wire services).

Ridge and Caroline lied to the press, their families, FC employees, vendors and buyers -- And that becomes the issue for the company. Because of the deception, some people may feel the leadership of FC is untrustworthy and want certain monetary guarantees to continue doing business. Vendors could demand full payment with an order, the bank could refuse to loan money or change the payment rate, buyers could drop or reduce the FC line from their stores, and FC store lease negotiations could be declined. There could be a backlash with long-time customers, cutting deeper into the bottom line of the company, while fixed expenses continue to bleed out cash, and unsold stock is shuttled into expensive storage looking for a secondary marketer. Future season production would have to be cut back, employees laid off, and the almighty stockholders will have to tighten their belts.

Ridge is an idiot to suggest he can control the media from turning this into a sideshow; he's been a failure at keeping Doug's paternity a secret in a labyrinth of convoluted lies and emotional missteps, and he won't be able to stop the media from finding out every salacious detail of Doug's conception. Depending how FC handles Doug's paternity issue (calmly staging a leadership change to focus on design, or puff up your sagging chest and dare the gossip mill to throw back-handed insults at my family or FC -- Challenge Accepted!) the damage can be Kim Kardashian big or Kirsten Dunst notable.

Much of this rests on Ridge nursing his wounded privilege and pride, and taking his lumps for being a egotistical bore without evidence to support Doug's presumed paternity. Rick has his ambition and family to keep him warm; he has business acumen, but has demonstrated his difficulties with directing family members prejudicially at FC; I could see him burning Ridge because he doesn't get back the CEO position. Steffy isn't a business force to be reckoned with if Spencer Publications is selling her as a vacuous Wear All The Trends! Instagram/Twitter/FB/armparty-wearing Celebutard (And with her Remember Us seashell and Liam on a tirade, Steffy's taking the long walk to filing divorce papers on Wyatt by September) -- Get serious! Brooke rarely darkens the door of FC, and she's at the beginning of her own Scandal! with Katie and $Bill.

Eric should return as CEO and redefine the job to his liking, as Quinn suggested today. Delegate, redefine and redistribute work to the other executive positions, hire from within or from outside, and sweep the joint out with a new broom.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

Ok....this is weird.  I got today's ep in Spanish.  Commercials in English but had to watch show with the CC on.  They came up in English.  I understand a little so it was kinda fun to figure out what they were saying.

Anyone else have this problem?  Everything else on my DVR is in English....go figure.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

So my DVR didn't record yesterday's show.

Sounds as if it it was performing an act of mercy.

Because, to your point, RuntheTable, it sounds like they are going to have Caroline and Thomas try their hand at being the next Luke and Laura. First of all, neither of them can hold a candle to GF or TG where their acting capabilities are concerned and second of all, L&L was the biggest sack of bullshit that has ever been sold in soap history, taking the horrific rape of Laura at the disco and then funneling all efforts into making them THE supercouple of the ages, complete with a dream wedding where how many millions of suckers tuned in to watch the rapist marry his victim?

At least with L&L, chickens came home to roost decades later when Liz was raped and Lucky learned the truth about his golden, magical parents and was disgusted with both of them. As he should have been. 

But TPTB have already drawn the line in the sand where C&T are concerned as it's clear they aren't calling it a rape, despite playing it out that way on screen. I guess it's one of those "Blurred Lines" situations. Give this a read: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/. Notice how Badley, the misogynist of all misogynists,hand waves it away because Thomas thought it was consensual. WTF cares what Thomas' state of mind was? And California penal code clearly dictates his mistaken belief of consent does not = consent by the victim.  Please excuse me while I puke reading this again and snort-laughing over the statement regarding Badley "you are the most socially conscious producer in daytime." AYFKM?

As for Ridge being ousted as CEO, well there are plenty of legitimate reasons he shouldn't have been CEO in the first place, but name one FC  employee who hasn't been involved in at least one, if not a half-dozen scandals over the years so it's ridiculous that this would be the straw that broke the camel's back where his CEO status is concerned. Rick isn't fit to be CEO either so he can take a seat.

I wish Thorne could return and take the reins but that will never, ever happen.

CountryGirl, I couldn't agree more with your post. Kudos!!  How in god's green earth that anyone could justify RAPE by saying the RAPEST thought that he had permission to RAPE.  It's all about what Thomas thought and nothing about what Caroline was thinking.  

God bless Quinn for putting things into perspective for Eric to name himself as CEO even in a reduced capacity. Let Steffy remain president and add responsibilities to her job description. Rick and Ridge need a slap on the wrist not just Ridge.  Ridge might be called King but Rick is a Czar. Eric saying that Rick was the best CEO that FC ever had was a slap in the face of Brooke. Calling Rick the best CEO is like calling Joseph Stalin the best leader the USSR ever had.  

Kudos to Maya also for showing restraint to Rick's mania about Ridge. I especially like it when she said that wherever Rick was she would call it home. I also commend her that she wanted to go home to Lizzy instead of waiting for Eric to come home. 

Still a big fan of Ridge's and Caroline's tender moments.  Steffy can you just STFU.  We don't need Quinn's name to come out of your mouth every day  we get it, Quinn sucks.  

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Ok....this is weird.  I got today's ep in Spanish.  Commercials in English but had to watch show with the CC on.  They came up in English.  I understand a little so it was kinda fun to figure out what they were saying.

Anyone else have this problem?  Everything else on my DVR is in English....go figure.

This has happened to me twice before--and only with this stupid ass show.  It is extremely bizarre. I have Xfinity.

• Love 2

Ugh, today. I love how Steffy's with Thomas talking about how terrible Rick is to try and oust Ridge, while saying she should get the job if he does. Which is just Forresters being Forresters. But Thomas, obsessive creep that he is, just HAS TO bring it back to her relationships with Wyatt and Liam. Dude, stick to being gross about your own life.

Also: if Quinn and Eric is headed towards her being the new Forrester Matriarch (drink!) I'm 100% for it. Dial back the crazy and up the scheming. Eric needs a woman to tell him what to do, otherwise he'll just pingpong between his stupid sons forever. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

In this particular case, Doug's paternity was used as a Forrester Creation PR event for an Eye on Fashion interview with Ridge, Caroline and newborn Doug. TIIC write Show as if the daily goings-on at FC are a regular thing covered by the media, so we can only speculate how far and wide that interview went in the imaginary media portrayed on B&B (Kim Kardashian Adjusting Underwire Bra big? No, but perhaps Kirsten Dunst Grocery Shopping At Whole Foods notable, and that day-in-the-life photo goes everywhere on the wire services).

Ridge and Caroline lied to the press, their families, FC employees, vendors and buyers -- And that becomes the issue for the company. Because of the deception, some people may feel the leadership of FC is untrustworthy and want certain monetary guarantees to continue doing business. Vendors could demand full payment with an order, the bank could refuse to loan money or change the payment rate, buyers could drop or reduce the FC line from their stores, and FC store lease negotiations could be declined. There could be a backlash with long-time customers, cutting deeper into the bottom line of the company, while fixed expenses continue to bleed out cash, and unsold stock is shuttled into expensive storage looking for a secondary marketer. Future season production would have to be cut back, employees laid off, and the almighty stockholders will have to tighten their belts.

Admittedly they misled the press about the in depth facts of the baby's conception, but that's just not, to me, an issue that speaks to their credibility and reliability as a company, especially for a company with decades of good history with their vendors and buyers.  Now, if someone (Rick) is stupid enough to leak all the gory details to the press, it's a little bigger of a deal, but, overall, the biological paternity of the baby Ridge and Caroline are raising together is really none of any of the buyers and vendors' business.  All that has to be done to ward off any scandal is for the whole family to be a united front stating that, yes, the baby is biologically Thomas's child, and that he, Ridge, and Caroline all plan to raise the baby together.  And even that statement isn't necessary unless someone (Rick) is just dying to spill that information.  Nobody outside of the family needs to know the nitty gritty details - that Ridge and Caroline kept it from Thomas until a short while after Douglas was born, or the circumstances as to how he was conceived.  Not only is it nobody's business, but it would be incredibly disrespectful to Caroline (and Douglas) for someone (Rick) to leak that information to the press as a tool with which to attack Ridge's position in the company.  If the press does get hold of the whole story, then whoever told them (Rick) would need to be held responsible for the fallout.  I don't see how he thinks that him leaking information like this to fan the flames of the scandal would make him the ideal replacement for Ridge.  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

All that has to be done to ward off any scandal is for the whole family to be a united front stating that, yes, the baby is biologically Thomas's child, and that he, Ridge, and Caroline all plan to raise the baby together. 

Worked for Bridget, Owen, and Jackie.

So we're back to morality clauses and Eric having final say of who is CEO, instead of votes and shares...... I guess I'll have to roll with it.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

Worked for Bridget, Owen, and Jackie.

So we're back to morality clauses and Eric having final say of who is CEO, instead of votes and shares...... I guess I'll have to roll with it.

Also, Brooke and Hope, who thought Whip was her father for years (or that Deacon was without knowing of Bridget's marriage. I forgot which).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Won't it be a real kick in the ass if Eric decides to give himself the job?  I would LOVE to see the looks on their faces!

• Love 9

These idiots live in LaLa land where affairs and baby mamas/daddy's are the rule rather than the exception.  And if they're afraid what $Bill is going to do, all they need is to talk to Liam and find out Bill wants to screw his sister-in-law.  

Can we please take up a collection to send a lifetime supply of shampoo to TK?  I'm so sick of looking at his dirty, greasy looking hair.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Can we please take up a collection to send a lifetime supply of shampoo to TK?  I'm so sick of looking at his dirty, greasy looking hair.  

I cringe every time he embraces Caroline.  She's so ultra clean looking, and I feel afraid she's going to get his cooties.  It's not just his hair either.  I almost swear I can smell him, and it ain't his cologne.

• Love 6

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit…a Darkside.  (The opening from Tales From the Darkside)

That is exactly how I felt yesterday while watching the show. Quinn and Maya as a dual voice of reason? Caroline and Thomas sketching and casually chatting, as Ridge is across the hall blowing up their collective worlds?

Caroline, don’t come slinking in asking Ridge how it went. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOUR HUSBAND AS A SHOW OF SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY. But oh, hell no! Girlfriend was far too busy supporting and reassuring her assailant, to worry about the man who truly loves her, and has been there for her through everything, going all the way back to Rick. I am sorry to say that Caroline has slid down several notches on my likability meter.

While Maya, a character I dislike passionately, scored major points. I appreciated that she was more concerned about getting home to Lizzie, than she was in staying at the Forrester mansion to hear more of Rick’s groveling and crowing. I also liked her comments about loving Rick and anywhere he was is home to her. Shit made me want to bitch slap my tv.

My God Quinn and Eric. I find myself loving them and it makes my head spin. Quinn is the absolute perfect woman for Eric. Her advise was spot on, and if Eric can find it in himself to think with the head on top of his shoulders for once, he will realize that Quinn is right.

Best lines of the day:

Thomas – “Why would you even go there? You know how Rick is; he is like an action figure going around saying 'I should be CEO, I should be CEO'!”

Steffy – “You know he whined his way into the job before.”

Shallow notes:

Maya was looking positively lovely in her soft pink shirt like dress.

Steffy has improved her appearance by leaps and bounds and I loved her silvery dress and black blazer. A little sassy, but still office appropriate.

Caroline’s geometric print dress made my fingers itch to pick up a sharpie, or a colored pencil, and set to work on one of my adult coloring pages.

Ridge is looking really rough. His hair looks like it is about ready to spontaneously combust. And the facial hair is getting way too heavy. I kept rewinding yesterday because I thought I saw a cloud floating around him…..

• Love 8

Given Maya's comments to Rick, I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually drives her away. Putting most of last year's ego stroking aside....she's a mother now. I know they have off screen nannies, but who can focus on all that hateful ass shit when you've got a newborn keeping you up at night?

• Love 3

Thomas – “Why would you even go there? You know how Rick is; he is like an action figure going around saying 'I should be CEO, I should be CEO'!”

Steffy – “You know he whined his way into the job before.”

That line was funny, but Steffy can have a seat or two, she and daddy dearest did/do their fair share of whining.

Maya won major point when Rick told her the nanny can feel Lizzie and she said nope, she has never missed feeding her and wants to be the one to do it.

• Love 5

Eric complaining about Ridge getting his hand smacked every once in a while is about 25 years too late. So was Steffy's comments about Ridge's relationships. She could've thrown that in his face instead of blaming Brooke for ruining their family (which, no ).

Also, if TIIC want to rewrite history with Thomas/Caroline, can they stop with her apologizing every time she sees him? When they did the same thing with Ridge/Caroline I, she had exactly one line about "I knew it was him all along" and that was it. 

I'm still hoping against hope that this kid is still Ridge's son. I mean, if old, decrepit Victor Newman can father two babies in one year including one with a woman who'd had cancer, post vasectomy Ridge can too. But as much as I love seeing Ridge get taken down, I like it more when he actually did something to deserve it.

• Love 2

Of course Quinn wants Eric to be CEO.  There are perks to being the side-piece of Old Man Forrester, but they don't compare to the perks of being the side-piece of the CEO of Forrester Creations.  She could not give two whits about that company.  As always, she's just looking out for herself.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Admittedly they misled the press about the in depth facts of the baby's conception, but that's just not, to me, an issue that speaks to their credibility and reliability as a company, especially for a company with decades of good history with their vendors and buyers.  Now, if someone (Rick) is stupid enough to leak all the gory details to the press, it's a little bigger of a deal, but, overall, the biological paternity of the baby Ridge and Caroline are raising together is really none of any of the buyers and vendors' business.  All that has to be done to ward off any scandal is for the whole family to be a united front stating that, yes, the baby is biologically Thomas's child, and that he, Ridge, and Caroline all plan to raise the baby together.  And even that statement isn't necessary unless someone (Rick) is just dying to spill that information.  Nobody outside of the family needs to know the nitty gritty details - that Ridge and Caroline kept it from Thomas until a short while after Douglas was born, or the circumstances as to how he was conceived.  Not only is it nobody's business, but it would be incredibly disrespectful to Caroline (and Douglas) for someone (Rick) to leak that information to the press as a tool with which to attack Ridge's position in the company.  If the press does get hold of the whole story, then whoever told them (Rick) would need to be held responsible for the fallout.  I don't see how he thinks that him leaking information like this to fan the flames of the scandal would make him the ideal replacement for Ridge.  

How has Forrester Creations demonstrated a history of stability? Decades of musical chairs for CEO, internecine family warfare and public denouncements, marriages, inter-marriages and the dedicated Forrester Divorce Express Lane, Who's the Daddy? sweepstakes, corporate espionage, a minority stockholder determining the leadership of FC and installing his own vice president, years of stockholder-juggling for power, Ally's death, Logan Sister's on bed rotation, theft of intellectual property, enjoining the Culture Wars with Hope for the Future gospel tour vs. the Lingerie Line/Brooke's Bedroom Frolics, shootings, assaults and public threats -- Even in the faux Soap world, any three of the above issues would undermine confidence in the reliability of doing business with FC without expedited contract provisions to protect the vendor or buyer of products. As an aside -- Recently (early spring) FC had a party at the mansion to backslap and make nice with vendors and buyers; the dialog cycled around Eric, Forrester Creations CEO Emeritus, assuring the business guests how the Ridge/Steffy leadership change was a success for FC. It isn't out of realm of possibility the party was to smooth some restive feathers concerned about the future of FC.

Many consumers wave off bad press/behavior of producers of products for reasons or no reason at all. There are examples of egregious behavior of leadership/namesake clothing lines that had to be rebuilt, crippled or killed off the brand:  

-- Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana unsavory personal opinions on IVF and their ongoing tax issues with the Italian government continues to dog the clothing label. The majority of sales for D&G come from footwear, handbags, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, perfume and cosmetics.

-- Child and slave labor used for GAP, H&M, Nike and Kathy Lee Gifford/Wal-Mart clothing: GAP has become the industry standard for labor transparency, H&M and Nike waffles and Kathy Lee/Wal-Mart not so much. There are many other examples of dangerous working conditions in 3rd world countries involving Sears brands, Victoria Secrets, Joe Fresh, and Disney products, to name only a few. 

-- John Galliano's firing from Dior in 2011, after his anti-Semitic rants were caught on video. The designer eventually was found guilty in French court and had to pay a fine of $8,500 fine post-rehab; In France, it is against the law to make anti-Semitic remarks of this nature. Since then it's been a long right of return; the designer recently found new work as creative director of Maison Martin Margiela. The House of Dior had to rebuilt its brand (losses of 32%+ in sales in 2012) over 5 years, and is still in search of a new creative director when Raf Simons left Dior to start his own line in 2015. 

-- Since 2003, the founder of American Apparel, Dov Charney has been floating in a sea of scandal. After several sexual harassment lawsuits were filed by former employees and models, Charney was removed as CEO in 2014. The company filed for bankruptcy protection in 2015. In Feburary 2016, American Apparel had officially exited bankruptcy; the company is privately owned by its creditors and bond holders, cutting all associations with previous stockholders and ex-CEO and founder Dov Charney.

And my favorite:

-- After successfully reviving the dormant Halston clothing line 1996, Randolph Duke left in 1998 to start his own design group. The day after dressing the award-winning Hilary Swank at the 2000 Oscars, designer Randolph Duke was served with a sexual-harassment suit filed by his former personal assistant, Maureen Walsh. Among Walsh’s allegations was being forced to hold Duke’s hand during a botched penile enhancement surgery. Charming. Mr.Duke presently designs, under somewhat reduced circumstances for an HSN clothing line, The Look. In 2012, Duke launched a ready-to-wear private label sportswear line for boutique, hotel and cruise line shops (the label reads the name of the shop it is sold from).

I work with vendors, advertisers, and companies small and large ... The one thing I've learned is that one lie leads to another and another. Even when cornered, they continue to dissemble and deflect ...

Ridge has a long history of lying to others and to himself. The TK version of Ridge Forrester is not an improvement -- Take a bath and stop slouching, why don't cha'! The torturous, non-stop story-telling about Doug that Ridge kept revamping and reconnoitering to fit the latest situation was ridiculous, and doomed to fail from the second Ridge chose not to tell baby-rabies infected Caroline he had a vasectomy. Ridge has essentially been lying about pretty much everything to everyone, and that elephant remains in residence ... Is this information the truth or another lie? What am I not being told? Am I being told the truth now? ... You'll never know.

Ridge didn't tell the whole truth at the meeting, he dissembled, insisting that by falling on his sword he would be able to control the damage to FC. He imagines by being seen as the responsible party he can shield Doug and Caroline (Thomas not so much) from family questions and media scrutiny. Everyone is going to get smeared, because everything not said is going to come out -- It's still in the minds eye of the viewer, regardless of a rewrite for a character/SL Hail Mary or whatever Brad Bell insists was his original intent.  

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

How has Forrester Creations demonstrated a history of stability? Decades of musical chairs for CEO, internecine family warfare and public denouncements, marriages, inter-marriages and the dedicated Forrester Divorce Express Lane, Who's the Daddy? sweepstakes, corporate espionage, a minority stockholder determining the leadership of FC and installing his own vice president, years of stockholder-juggling for power, theft of intellectual property, enjoining the Culture Wars with Hope for the Future gospel tour vs. the Lingerie Line/Brooke's Bedroom Frolics, shootings, assaults and public threats 

I nearly choked from laughing at this! The only thing I see missing is the famous "Design Offs" and "Fashion Showdowns" for key positions in the company. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I nearly choked from laughing at this! The only thing I see missing is the famous "Design Offs" and "Fashion Showdowns" for key positions in the company. 

I miss those! Those were some of the show's best comedy gold!

Aside from that California Dream line that dropped off after Aly died, there hasn't been anything close to a fashion show since.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2016 at 1:34 PM, ByTor said:

So was "I own her ass" before or after this little gem:

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pianogirl73 said:

Who has the kind of conversation Steffy had with Eric with their grandfather. That is nasty!

No kidding!  I don't about the rest of you guys but I swear my parents only had sex twice and that resulted in my brother and I.  As far as my grandparents are concerned .... must've been immaculate conceptions.   Of course, I am over 60 now so I'm sure a lot of this has changed but just the thought of discussing sex with parents or grandparents is just UGH!

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

Ha ! I just posted that clip under TV's funniest moments in the Everything Else TV category.

Since this came up, I gotta say Kyle Lauder brought our the hammy best in Ronn Moss. Next to Susan Flannery, Lauder was Moss's best screen partner EVER.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, apbr said:

No kidding!  I don't about the rest of you guys but I swear my parents only had sex twice and that resulted in my brother and I.  As far as my grandparents are concerned .... must've been immaculate conceptions.   Of course, I am over 60 now so I'm sure a lot of this has changed but just the thought of discussing sex with parents or grandparents is just UGH!

I haven't seen the episode yet, but knowing how few boundaries are respected, I'm sure it goes well beyond the openness I grew up with on the West Coast.

I thought Wyatt was his own man but now he's trying to be Bill's favorite son. Dressing like him and agreeing with him. He crawling up Bill's ass so far that he can taste Brooke on Bill's breath. 

Kudos Quinn in getting Eric's head out of the sand and take back the CEO chair. I sure hope that Steffy doesn't forget her words when she finds out who has been putting pep in grandpa's step and a polish on his nob.  

• Love 7

Just joined this group after lurking since TK started playing Ridge.  I really appreciate the wit, candor, and especially the correct punctuation people use on this board. It's an oasis of intelligence in the midst of Internet idiocy.

However, I have to defend TK, because I've been watching him for twelve years now, and from all accounts he seems to be someone who really cares about acting and the storylines he has to portray through his characters. He has always been pretty popular with his castmates on all the soaps he has been on.  It's really hard to see him bashed so badly on this board because of his physical appearance.  If you  have seen him on other shows, he has always looked well-groomed, even with longer hair (disregarding the Mane of Romantic Poetry he had on One Life to Live).  I can't help but think that if he looks shaggy on this show, it's because that's what TPTB want for his character.  

I never saw his predecessor in action (only on clips on The Soup - enough said).  I think TK is doing the best he can on a show that is really badly written many days, and it's kind of sad that his hair or his looks is the one thing people are judging him on.

Did anyone else wonder why Bill and Wyatt were eating ribs in the morning, when there was orange juice in the boardroom at Forrester?

• Love 13

I like TK and I think he has done a great job with the character. With what he is given, anyway. I can't argue about the fact that he looks unkept, unclean and down right shabby especially in comparison to the metrosexual RM. I loved the beggining of his romance with Caroline and I think he is handsome and rather sexy when he is cleaned up. 

• Love 5

Hello maisie. You know, it's funny and this is even before you posted; I wondered this week if TIIC have purposely asked TK too look so schleppy and gross on purpose. (I think he's been looking his all-time worst this week.) I don't think there was any love lost between Brad Bell and Ronn Moss when Moss quit. I wouldn't put it past Bell to write Ridge's appearance today to be the polar opposite of the Ridge of days gone by. I don't like his look and as it stands, Ridge doesn't fit in with Eric, Rick, Liam and Thomas, who are always very well-dressed, clean and neatly groomed, both on and off the job. Wyatt is usually more casual and Bill is clean and age-appropriate (except for the obviously-dyed black hair) but his wardrobe and the cheesy man-jewelry leave a lot to be desired. My other thought was that maybe TK has some type of acting gig when he's on his frequent hiatuses from B&B and he lets that role dictate his appearance. In any case, just washing his hair would be a huge improvement.

Regarding today's show, what the fresh hell is up with Deacon? Is he seriously still ga-ga over Quinn that he'd settle for being a possible sidepiece if she bags Eric? After the way she's treated him? I hope that there's an ulterior motive here. Otherwise, the character looks wimpy and pathetic, and I'd just as soon have Deacon go off for an extended visit with Hope in Italy or somewhere and not have the character (or SK) be subjected to that.

Didn't Deacon and Alison have a brief flirtation or something when he first came back on the show? I seem to recall something like that. It was more like she had a little crush on him, maybe. It's too bad she's not a regular on the show and those two could get together. Get them mixed up somehow in the dismantling of Batie. Anything but this.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oksy, can Deacon and Steffy be a thing? She and Wyatt are doomed and if Liam is gonna play Captain Save A Ho to Katie, I'd like for Steffy to get with him. His history notwithstanding, he can't be any worse than Liam was for her.

Hell, she could reach out to him when Eruinn  (or Erin?) comes to light to scheme with breaking them up and then eventually they fall for each other. I'd add that it's so simple they couldn't possibly screw up up, but the Liam/Quinn fiasco proves Bell is capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like a crocodile.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, maisie said:

Just joined this group after lurking since TK started playing Ridge.  I really appreciate the wit, candor, and especially the correct punctuation people use on this board. It's an oasis of intelligence in the midst of Internet idiocy.

However, I have to defend TK, because I've been watching him for twelve years now, and from all accounts he seems to be someone who really cares about acting and the storylines he has to portray through his characters. He has always been pretty popular with his castmates on all the soaps he has been on.  It's really hard to see him bashed so badly on this board because of his physical appearance.  If you  have seen him on other shows, he has always looked well-groomed, even with longer hair (disregarding the Mane of Romantic Poetry he had on One Life to Live).  I can't help but think that if he looks shaggy on this show, it's because that's what TPTB want for his character.  

I never saw his predecessor in action (only on clips on The Soup - enough said).  I think TK is doing the best he can on a show that is really badly written many days, and it's kind of sad that his hair or his looks is the one thing people are judging him on.

Did anyone else wonder why Bill and Wyatt were eating ribs in the morning, when there was orange juice in the boardroom at Forrester?

HI Maisie! I agree with you about TK. I feel the same way you do. I've liked him on OLTL, AMC & even the GH spinoff Port Charles.I've seen him bring it on more than a few occasions.When I like an actor it makes all the difference in how I feel about the character they play. I will forgive?excuse a whole lot I guess. I just get a big kick out of TK playing opposite JR- I mean Rick...kind of reminds me of my greatly missed AMC.

As to Wyatt & Bill eating ribs & dressing the same w/black shirts....I figured its to prove they are both "manly men" according to $Bill's definition that real men eat MEAT.  (We're looking at you Liam tofu eater. ;)  Also, time has no meaning in B&B land. just sayin'.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, maisie said:

Welcome, I like you already :)

I've been a little hard on TK's appearance, but I guess it's possible the "dirty" hair could be from too much styling product.  Y&R always made poor Sage look like she dipped her head in a vat of oil, but I think it was too much gel from attempting the "beachy wave" look.

• Love 1

“How can you be so cavalier about kidnapping a child?”

“Nobody’s being cavalier, but you are being, as usual, melodramatic.”

BWAHHHH!!

Why is it that I could take certain characters individually and happily smack them around, but when they are interacting together I love them. That is how it works for me and the Spencer boys. Liam’s reaction when he entered Bill’s office and saw the Bobbsey Twins merrily munching their big meaty ribs, with their Spencer Swords on full display, was hilarious.  The subject matter however, was not. I do agree with Bill, that right now Will should be with him, but I do not agree with keeping him in hiding. That is all kinds of wrong, not to mention cruel to Katie. I also think having her declared incompetent is overkill. I don’t care who Bill wants to be with going forward, but right now his focus should be on Katie and getting her better, not being vindictive and mean.

Did Bill look darker than normal yesterday? His hair was particularly black and so was his facial hair. Just thought they may be trying to make him look more menacing.

Who is this person they are passing off as Deacon? Give this man something to do please. Watching him beg Quinn to be her side piece was painful.

Eric looked fab! If this is the effect Quinn is going to have on him, then let it continue. I have watched this show long enough to know that there is much more to come for these two. Outside of the fact that Eric always thinks with his penis, is the fact that people are noticing a change in Eric. Once comments start, you can lay bets that Eric will be proposing. I see one of two things down the road; a new Bedroom Line featuring a lot of black and leather, or a different portrait hanging over the Forrester Manse fireplace. The portrait should be a true representation of it’s subject; black leather bustier, thigh high boots, and a tool belt replete with all manner of kitchen ware and utensils.

Steffy! Girrrlllll…..you are so trying to become my new favorite! Your calm, cool, collected demeanor after Eric’s announcement is the kind of stuff that gives us ladies a good name. I am not sure if I want to laugh or cry.

Welcome aboard maisie!

• Love 11

First, welcome to the board, maisie!

On to the show...

I LOL'd at the Spencer boys chowing down on ribs in their matching black garb and sword necklaces while the other Spencer boy, Mr. Tofu, looked all verklempt. So Liam isn't Daddy's favorite anymore?

Well, it's about damn time. 

I agree that Bill is the safer bet for taking care of Will but that he should let Katie know Will's whereabouts or let her see her child for her sake as well as Will's. To keep them separated is just cruel.

What a waste of SK - he and Deacon deserve better. Deacon Sharpe never begs, TPTB. Remember that.

I had a feeling newly invigorated Eric was going to reclaim the CEO spot and my goodness, the maturity Rick and Steffy both displayed (notice the playful teasing about the other getting the position before Eric's announcement). The only one who came off whiny was Ridge. 

Speaking of Steffy, who is this person? Gorgeous hair, tasteful makeup/clothing, mature about her grandad's professional and extra-curricular activities. I scarcely recognize her.

But fear not, folks, when Steffy learns about Quinn, she'll revert right back to her teeth gnashing, black mascared tears crying self. I'll enjoy this version while it lasts.

• Love 9

You know...I thought it was just me who was moving from merely tolerating Steffy's presence to actually liking the character for the first time since before she banged Rick before her twin was barely in her grave. Certainly, it helps that there no females for her to compete with romantically and  that for now, she's out of Liam's orbit. This is much, much closer to how Stephanie Forrester II should have been written to project that confident woman she supposedly was five years ago. This woman is learning to be content with what she has with Wyatt and not wailing about being robbed (yeah that was Hope, but still).

• Love 6