Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, grisgris said:

May I ask who/what does "Vanessa Williams-chibi" means, please?  Thanks!

I had to Google it the first time I saw it.  Evidently "chibi" is derived from a Japanese word for little or child.  It can cover a wide variety of meanings, from cute to derogatory terms like midget or shrimp.  I don't know any anime fans (well, IRL) so I've never encountered it either. 

And RE does look a little like a young Vanessa Williams at times.  

• Love 3

It didn't help that I've been seeing Eraser a lot recently in rotation on various broadcast netlets, because that's ultimately what led to "Vanessa Williams-chibi."  Reign Edwards' resemblance isn't uncanny, but it's surprisingly strong for such a young lady.

4 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Why is it so hard and guilt inducing to hurt Katie now, when it didn't stop her before? 

Anyone?

I think this, in that typically backhanded B&B way, is meant to be character development for Brooke.  Or history repeating itself, one of the two: up to this point, AIUI, she hasn't consciously wanted...okay, she hasn't meant to bust up Bill's marriage in the name of his being "the great love of her life."  She wanted Nick to be happy with her daughter...er, that is, she wanted Bill to be happy with her sister.  But, in the name of her being a nosy caring big sister, she's been all up in Katie's alkie-ness and subconsciously flaunting her Brookeness in Bill's face; how much voluptuous big sister exposure can a guy take?

• Love 4

@Bill C. okay, I see your point as it could be typical lame "growth" on Brooke's part. However, where was this caring big sister when she told her little sister's husband how much she !oved him? That was not very long ago. Not the work of someone who cares about their sister. 

• Love 3

So, Bill, let me get this straight...a brother can't disrespect his brother's marriage, but it is a-ok okey dokey for a sister to disrespect her sister's marriage.  Who knew Bill was so into women's liberation! 

"Boom-boom room"...awesome, this is why Preverts are the best!!! :)

• Love 6

However, where was this caring big sister when she told her little sister's husband how much she !oved him? That was not very long ago. Not the work of someone who cares about their sister. 

That's because Brooke cares only for herself at all times. Oh she pretends to care about her female family members (daughter, sister) but when it comes right down to it - any man worshiping the golden cooter is more important to her.

Besides, the idea that Bill is the love of her life is absolutely hilarious. Come on show - we know that isn't remotely true. She couldn't get Ridge to fall for her nonsense again, despite her snapping her fingers over and over - so she had to turn to Bill.

And Bill if you want that worn out golden cooter so badly, just tell Katie and be a grown up. Bill judging Ridge or Liam? Shut the fuck up!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Besides, the idea that Bill is the love of her life is absolutely hilarious

Not to the show...because that's the only way they can show all the passionate flashbacks.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tricknasty said:

That room was always there so why did Waffles look surprised to see it?

Because Bill had said it was a gym...and now it's the love shack :)

• Love 2

Will is defiantly cute!  Good job HT. 

Well Vivian has removed her rose colored glasses due to Julius's lie. Now all men can't be trusted. Well except for Lord Rick.

Nicole, the virgin, = Hope, the virgin

Sasha, the wild child, = Steffy, the wild child. 

Liam, the snoozer, = Zende, the snoozer.  

Bell just likes to wash rinse repeat because he thinks that equation works when it's just a sorry ass excuse for laziness in writing. 

Rick was like a kid at Disneyland since he now thinks LA and FC is the happiest place on earth.  

Sasha talking to Zende, about Nicole, is hard to see if her words sunk into that robot brain of his because his facial expressions never change. Enjoy working with heels, Zemde, because St Nicole has deemed it so. 

• Love 10
On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 6:46 AM, LittleIggy said:

POD (partially opened door) played its small but pivotal role today leading Waffles into the Boom-Boom Room. Emmy reel material, POD! 

P.O.D. never fails me. It's by far my favourite character. 

• Love 8

Mini Chef's Hat Will pretty much stole the entire episode.  Alison and all things "napping room" were a distant second.

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Nicole, the virgin, = Hope, the virgin

Sasha, the wild child, = Steffy, the wild child. 

Liam, the snoozer, = Zende, the snoozer.  

Bell just likes to wash rinse repeat because he thinks that equation works when it's just a sorry ass excuse for laziness in writing. 

This, frustratingly, didn't even occur to me until now.  It's not quite the same, but it's close enough--Sasha still wants to spice up Soulverine's life, over his strait-laced and now slightly distrustful "lady."  The irony is that if they'd left that part of things until, say, tomorrow's episode and just let her pine for Soulverine and his camera and how they made her sparkle and silently acknowledge that he's now working with heels (and damn you, show, for having Pam pop up for twenty seconds just for that damn joke) it would have worked rather nicely.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

P.O.D. never fails me. It's by far my favourite character. 

2 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Followed closely by LDG (Loading Dock Guy)

Even though he only appeared twice I have to put Deacon's seaweed into the running for best character.

• Love 7

I'm not so sure I want to admit this out loud, but I'm really enjoying this nonsense going on with $Bill and Brooke. However, I am afraid that in about ten minutes it will turn out to not be a story about them, but only be a plot point in the Liam and Steffy story. (Liam and Steffy do have more flashbacks, so maybe whoever has the most flashbacks wins?)

• Love 8
On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM, grisgris said:

May I ask who/what does "Vanessa Williams-chibi" means, please?  Thanks!

"Chibi" is a term in Japanese commonly used by anime fans to describe a miniature version of thing or someone. It's the equivalent of calling someone a runt, IIRC, and it certainly fits here.

But good grief, even when Brooke was at her worst with setting up picnics and showing up at Ridge's office in lingerie  (hell, she even had a bed put in her office to seduce him and ended up using it with Deacon!), I don't remember Taylor forbidding him from working with her. Hypocrisy aside, she had a convincing confidence that none of the women since have shown.

17 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I'm not so sure I want to admit this out loud, but I'm really enjoying this nonsense going on with $Bill and Brooke. However, I am afraid that in about ten minutes it will turn out to not be a story about them, but only be a plot point in the Liam and Steffy story. (Liam and Steffy do have more flashbacks, so maybe whoever has the most flashbacks wins?)

I hope not. I hate Brill, but I hate tell Liam and Steffy and Sometimes a Third Party Show far more. Those two have already been far too involved in the idiot kids' lives.

• Love 3

Zende is an idiot. He passed up a great opportunity because his girlfriend didn't want him snapping pictures of a lingerie clad Sasha. Have fun taking pictures of shoes. And does Nicole do any work? Worst intern ever.

Can we keep Will and Allison and dump the rest? (I've always liked Princess Theodora.)

• Love 9

How long before Zende starts to chafe under Nicole's iron fist? I give it a week, if that. What happens when he's asked to photograph other women or even a fully-clothed Sasha? 

He is a new photographer - he should be chomping at the bit for a major campaign and Nicole should be his biggest advocate.

Instead, she's insecure and jealous and rather than own it, she's forbidding (where's that wagging finger?) Zende from doing work that would no doubt further his career. Clearly, she doesn't trust Zende but of course, she can't tell him that. Better to put all the blame on Sasha who just sings her siren call and the men cannot stop themselves from running to her like hapless fish on a silver hook.

If Zende is truly in love and committed to Nicole, it wouldn't matter if Sasha strutted around naked. He wouldn't give her more than a passing glance. 

Even Viv was in on the it's all those hoochie mama women like Sasha who make our good guys go bad. 

I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

He is a new photographer - he should be chomping at the bit for a major campaign and Nicole should be his biggest advocate.

Instead, she's insecure and jealous and rather than own it, she's forbidding (where's that wagging finger?) Zende from doing work that would no doubt further his career.

What I find incredibly stupid as well is the fact that Zende & Sasha were always by themselves during her photo shoots.  I was never a model or photographer, but I always thought there would at the very least be wardrobe/makeup/hair people present at all times at a photo shoot.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What I find incredibly stupid as well is the fact that Zende & Sasha were always by themselves during her photo shoots.  I was never a model or photographer, but I always thought there would at the very least be wardrobe/makeup/hair people present at all times at a photo shoot.

Contrivance. Notice when the new photographer arrived there were 3 models not just Sasha (not fierce)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure if it was an actual photo shoot or just a way for Zende to see if he could be a photographer. 

I am a photographer and I had to laugh because the distance Zende shot at could only capture her face and not what she was wearing.  Yesterday's photo shoot looked like they used a real photographer instead of an actor. The camera he was using was a professional camera and not the point and shoot that Zende was using. 

• Love 5

While the Nicole/Zende "relationship" is boring, it's also irritating.  I can't get behind all the shade being thrown his way after he tried, but ultimately failed, to get on board with his girlfriend having his uncle's baby.  And, unlike what happens with most relationships on this show, he actually broke up with Nicole before he hooked up with Sasha.  (And if no one could date a friend or relative of someone they've already been with, well, no one would be with anyone on this show.) So, Zende slept with Sasha and realized Nicole was The One and now they're back together.  But if he's having his cake and eating it too, so is Nicole because she did exactly what she wanted (gestate her sister's baby), and now she's got her man back.  Now, I hope it will be Zende's turn to do what he thinks is best (for his career) and hope Nicole can get on board with it.  

• Love 8

I'm not upset with Zende for his not being able to handle his barely twenty-something girlfriend being her sister/brother-in-law's surrogate. That would give many a young man pause, I would think, and he was upfront about that with her. I also commend him for breaking up with Nicole before he pursued someone else.

I take issue with whom that someone else was - namely, his girlfriend's lifelong BFF. Seriously, there were no other fish in the sea he wanted to swim with? And I also take issue with him getting none of the blame for that while Sasha is all but proclaimed the whore of Babylon (and that was before the pregnancy lie) and that if Zende were to take up again with Sasha, the lingerie wearing ho, it would be all her fault and nevermind that Zende is a grown-ass man who can make his own decisions (but try telling that to Nicole and Maya).

• Love 10

What's up with Liam and Thomas?  Since when have they become ass hole buddies?  Wasn't it just a few months ago that Thomas was pissed that the Spencer boys were working at FC?  Can anyone say revisionist history. The pen is usually mightier than the sword but not when the pen is held by a talentless hack. 

They said it couldn't be done but Princess Nicole has turned Prince Zende into a frog.  Unless Prince Nicole is really Hecate in disguise.  

Bill is cheating on Katie because it helps his marriage. WTF?  Are we now going to have Steffy cheating on Wyatt to help her martage?  As I said before, the pen is brandish by a talentless hack. 

• Love 9

I cannot wait to see the reactions to Bill's hypocrisy, especially from Liam. It's a shame, though, because that father-son relationship was one of the show's best and most genuine. But of course the "writers" have to ruin everything. Bill is a pig. He can tell Steffy what she is and isn't allowed to do, but you better believe that once she stops waffling, she's not going to let anything stand between her and Liam. As a steffy/liam fan, I look forward to this turn of events. She may love Wyatt, but she's not in love with him, in my opinion. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

if Zende were to take up again with Sasha, the lingerie wearing ho, it would be all her fault and nevermind that Zende is a grown-ass man who can make his own decisions (but try telling that to Nicole and Maya).

Well, as Viv said, Liam & Sasha are like the burger and the puppy, Zende has no choice but to get devoured by Sasha *eyeroll*  It was nice, though, to see Nicole a little self aware that being so controlling could bite her in the ass.  Prediction...Nicole will finally start to trust Sasha again, then Sasha finds out she really IS pregnant.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Sadly, the whole "blame the whore" mentality has been a staple on this show from its earliest days, and is hardly unique to Sasha and Nicole. It's more pronounced here than usual, however.

Not necessarily in Sasha's case, but sometimes the whore is to blame.

I'm looking at you Brooke.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

I'm getting rapey vibes from Bill

Me, too, and it is seriously pissing me off.

Even without Brooke's history of being raped (and almost raped in the very first B&B episode), his aggressiveness would be all kinds of wrong, but you add in her history....dude needs to BACK THE FUCK OFF.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Not necessarily in Sasha's case, but sometimes the whore is to blame.

I'm looking at you Brooke.

But is it, truly? Like non-Twilight vampires, a homewrecker can only come in when invited.

Don't get me wrong, Brooke's absolutely guilty of meddling and poking around Bill, but mainly my irritation stems on the writing that disproportionately bashes the women and gives little to no copability on the man. For years I thought Brooke had taken Eric from Stephanie but their relationship was strained from the very first scene the two of them ever shared on the show. Hell, when they did get together, Eric and Stephanie were already separated, the final blow being the reveal of Angela being a fraud IIRC. The company being owned by Brooke? Never would've happened if Steph hadn't encourage Eric and Ridge into tricking her to sign a bullshit contract.

Fast forward several decades to Hope and Steffy. No further explaination is necessary, since God knows they ate up more of the show than Cookie Mister chows down on Double Stuf Oreos. But did Liam ever fight for either one of them? He stays with Steffy after finding out about the gondola, doesn't have the balls to go through with the annulment when Steffy finally gives him one and passively switches back and fort to whichever chick gives him less drama that week and only last week does Bill--BILL!--point this out to him. Once, in six fucking years.

It hardly matters what the women do, the men on this show are equally shit and are never called on how they contributed to the mess. Zende couldn't slept with any other model, and he goes for Nicole's friend. Liam could've banged a random chick at a bar the first time Hope left him,not marry her sister and use her engagement ring to do so. Ridge could've told Caroline the fucking truth about his fertility and let her decide if she'd rather be with him, to say nothing of the decades of bullshit he pulled with Caroline I, Brooke and Taylor.

• Love 7
(edited)

Rapey vibes aside (and I understand that his forcefulness yesterday was troubling), this version of Brill is being set up to make Brooke the "victim" who just had to sleep with her sister's husband to save their marriage.  $Bill is for sure manipulating her but not into doing something she doesn't want to do (as indicated by her flashbacks).  Her protestations are weak and she succumbs pretty readily.  This is going to be like the whole contract-switching they had in Brill v.1, when Brooke decided $Bill was just too bad for her and suddenly found her sisterly solidarity.  

As an aside, are we to believe that Brill slept together in the flowy-curtain patio thing outside $Bill and Katie's house?  And in the "nap room"?  I ask because I'm getting the strange feeling that, given her recent unflattering wardrobe, and increased covering up, KKL may be feeling self-conscious about her body.  If so, I don't think I can imagine anyone who has less to be self-conscious about.  I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 4

When Thomas left Eggo's place it was dark outside. Now it's daytime and Brooke is about to take a nap? And according to Chickenhead the family meeting happened earlier that day yet he and Katie are wearing different clothes?

Rick to Brooke: You're definitely hot and seem all flushed. Let's get you back to bed.

Me: Ewww

• Love 4
(edited)

Brooke is easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich, and the whole world knows it. Hell, I could talk her into bed.

She told $Bill exactly what she wanted him to know and knew he would pursue her. The more she feigns guilt over schtupping her sister's husband and retreats a whole step away from $Bill, the more he wants her.

$Bill isn't forcing Brooke into anything; with those two it's foreplay. Brooke knows it's a game. $Bill knows it's a game.

We will fuck because we don't care about anyone but ourselves and it will be glorious ... Ignore Katie rending her garments and Liam's confusion on Spencer Family Values.

She was hiding under their bed, is Brooke, and the viewer, supposed to dismiss that $Bill is still having sex with Katie too?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Even without Brooke's history of being raped (and almost raped in the very first B&B episode), his aggressiveness would be all kinds of wrong, but you add in her history....dude needs to BACK THE FUCK OFF.

This. If I wanted to see this kinda crap, I can watch Y&R or Game of Thrones.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Brooke is easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich, and the whole world knows it. Hell, I could talk her into bed.

She told $Bill exactly what she wanted him to know and knew he would pursue her. The more she feigns guilt over schtupping her sister's husband and retreats a whole step away from $Bill, the more he wants her.

$Bill isn't forcing Brooke into anything; with those two it's foreplay. Brooke knows it's a game. $Bill knows it's a game.

We will fuck because we don't care about anyone but ourselves and it will be glorious ... Ignore Katie rending her garments and Liam's confusion on Spencer Family Values.

She was hiding under their bed, is Brooke, and the viewer, supposed to dismiss that $Bill is still having sex with Katie too?

Honestly, this whole Brill 2.0 is a wholesale revision of what Brooke stands for. She lover wholeheartedly, and doesn't have to resort to this kind of manipulation to get a man excited. Even on the rare occasion she's manipulated circumstances in her favor, it's because she genuinely feels it's the best thing for the other party, and if she benefits, it's a win-win.

I'm not sure which one I hate more: the usual Brooke ploy of not meaning to hurt anyone, or this crap right here.

• Love 9
(edited)

Excuse me but is Hope dead?  Is the mention of her name a crime punishable by death?  Steffy, in talking about past problems with their relationship, doesn't bring up Hope. In the montage, they are in Cabo and wasn't one of the reasons she was there was to keep Liam away from Hope and to have Thomas put the moves on Hope?  If memory serves, Hope predates Steffy's relationship with Liam and I believe Amber is before Steffy also.  Steffy staked Liam and now Liam is staking Steffy.  Beside Bernini dishonorable, turn around is fair play in Bell's book.  

No comment on Brooke and Bill for it will just be rehashing the same old shit but I have to say that Brooke's hair looks like crap or should I say straw. 

Nice scene between Wyatt and Katie today.  Eventually there will be more scenes of them commiserating over their spouses betrayal and a possible Wyatt Katie hook up. After all, Wyatt has gone for his brother's seconds, why not his father's.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Nice scene between Wyatt and Katie today.  Eventually there will be more scenes of them commiserating over their spouses betrayal and a possible Wyatt Katie hook up. After all, Wyatt has gone for his brother's seconds, why not his father's.  

LOL, go check out the spoiler thread. Wyatt's competition may not be Bill...

Just like they don't date mention Still's affair, there have been no other women for Wyatt or Liam before Steffy. If/when Hope comes back, feelings will be rekindled and then Wyatt and Liam will run after her with Wyatt trying to play the 'We were robbed!' and lost baby card.

• Love 4
(edited)

Am I the only one who finds this crap repetitious? Every day the same people saying the same thing over & over & over...not to mention the same old flashbacks! (If this was still shot on film they'd have melted it by now. Yeah, I'm old.)

The only remotely interesting  bit was Wyatt & Katie's convo...but then they were merely repeating what they've been saying the past few weeks,too.

Since I pretty much FF about 90% of the show I wonder why I'm dvr-ing it. Maybe it's time to give it up...not even much fun to snark...it's pretty much all been said. I don't enjoy watching weak selfish liars & whiners and honestly...not too much else going on here right now. No savvy business stories or good people in difficult circumstances having to make difficult choices...oh right...this is B&B 2016.

(OK, so maybe the heat just has me cranky.)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 10