Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

To me, Luna was clearly under the influence of something. Knowing this show, we may never discover what. I marvel that Bell couldn’t simply write a story where Luna dates RJ but also maybe develops an attraction to Zende. Triangles that never end are his thing, after all. RJ and Zende being design rivals could provide conflict. Exciting? No, but at least it’s not gross.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

To me, Luna was clearly under the influence of something.

Agreed. And, under the circumstances, Zende should have had some level of "are you sure? What happened with you and RJ?" when Luna has always been very direct with him that she is in love with RJ and not interested in him that way. He walks in and she's basically passed out in his bed, that should have been the first red flag. And I was creeped out by his "you know this was consensual, right?"  Dude, it clearly was not, because she can barely remember anything that happened last night, and she's already told you she thought you were RJ. That isn't consensual. Someone can actively participate in sex and it still not be consensual, when they lack the ability to consent. That's the situation here. Since this was someone Zende did not have a pre-existing sexual/romantic relationship, the onus was on him to take a pause and ensure everything was OK. He didn't do it. He heard her dreamily slur "I was waiting for you," when she was half-asleep, and he just went for it. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So Luna can climb into his bed, have consensual sex with him, even though she thought it was RJ.  Zende is crying because it's not him she thought it was.  It's also possible he was crying because he felt badly about how things ended with her crying because she thought it was RJ.  So, why is he the bad guy because of Luna's mistake? 

Do anxiety drugs make you hallucinate?

The side effect of Xanax can be disorientation, confusion, hallucinations. These side effects are heightened with alcohol.  Luna was drinking champagne and took 2 “mints” within a few minutes.  Z knew that Luna was committed to RJ so it would be Z mistake to think that Luna would jump into bed with him after a few cheesy comments about not leaving her alone and he lives next door.  Z, Luna saying that she was waiting for you was not an open invitation to jump her bones.  It’s not like Hope jumping into bed with Lurch every time he tells her she’s the only woman for him. He should had made sure she wanted him first knowing that she rejected him at the romantic dinner thinking it was RJ  

• Like 5

I marvel that Bell couldn’t simply write a story where Luna dates RJ but also maybe develops an attraction to Zende. Triangles that never end are his thing, after all. RJ and Zende being design rivals could provide conflict.

All of this. So instead of writing a fairly simple triangle, the writers actively chose this route.

That isn't consensual. Someone can actively participate in sex and it still not be consensual, when they lack the ability to consent. That's the situation here.

Although is Luna even aware she was drugged? Since we are supposed to believe Luna is dumb enough to mistake medicine for mints then she isn't aware she took medicine, right? The writers probably think this muddies the water enough to cover their butts over rape/assault and boom another misunderstanding is born.

Now she'll run around feeling guilty for cheating on RJ and we're likely going to be enduring months of that conversation before the inevitable WTD plot kicks into gear.

If those "mints" are Xanax, then, given the way Poppy pops them like candy, she has a very serious problem.

True which is why they'll probably turn out to be something else.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

Although is Luna even aware she was drugged? Since we are supposed to believe Luna is dumb enough to mistake medicine for mints then she isn't aware she took medicine, right? The writers probably think this muddies the water enough to cover their butts over rape/assault and boom another misunderstanding is born.

Now she'll run around feeling guilty for cheating on RJ and we're likely going to be enduring months of that conversation before the inevitable WTD plot kicks into gear.

I'm assuming that, once Luna finishes explaining what happened, Poppy will figure it out and tell her. I assume that was the whole point of Li mentioning the drugs this week for the first time, and hammering away at how dangerous it could be for Luna, so that Poppy is already in that mindset and figures it out right away. (And if she doesn't tell her and lets her carry on thinking she just flat out cheated on RJ, she's made a serious bid for Shitty Parent of the Year.) 

Also, she was referring to them as mints (when she was alone and looking for them), so apparently, whatever drug she's taking, she was able to get in the form of a mint, which explains why Luna didn't notice that they weren't her mints when popping them. Although I'm still side-eyeing the idea that they would have had to look like her mints and that Poppy keeps them in the exact same kind of container, so that Luna wouldn't notice anything was off. 

• Like 11

Also, she was referring to them as mints (when she was alone and looking for them), so apparently, whatever drug she's taking, she was able to get in the form of a mint, which explains why Luna didn't notice that they weren't her mints when popping them. Although I'm still side-eyeing the idea that they would have had to look like her mints and that Poppy keeps them in the exact same kind of container, so that Luna wouldn't notice anything was off. 

Perhaps it's such a habit to call them mints for Luna's benefit, she does it when she's alone too. And what drug or medicine would be in the form of a mint?

I side eye the entire thing. It's all dumb which is nothing new for this show.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I'm sure BabyBell thinks he's a genius for laying the groundwork with Poppy and Luna very obviously popping "mints" over the last few weeks, leading to the 'uh-oh" mix-up which will provide months of a boring, repetitive storyline.

He would be wrong.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Did you see that petrified wood ring on Poppy’s forefinger as she hugged Luna. I bet it’s worth more than the costume jewelry engagement rings given to Hope and Donna. 

Maybe Poppy was not taking a prescription drug but Luna had all many of the side effects of a prescription drug. Poppy’s anxiety medication could have been an over the counter supplement that reduce anxiety.  They are not a drug but even though they are mostly herbal, mixing them with alcohol is not recommended because it can cause unwanted side effects.  One last thing, Luna could unknowingly be allergic to one of the herbal ingredients. I’m allergic to aspirin which I found out the hard way. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Waldo was right, it’s some kind of anxiety med. Although some people use pot for anxiety. Do they make mint flavored Xanax? I wouldn’t think it tastes like a regular mint if it’s a prescription med. 
I’m guessing two weeks of reliving the night until poor RJ overhears a conversational at Forrester. 

• Like 6

As harsh as she is, Li has been spot on about Poppy.  Her drugs ended up hurting and ruining her daughter's life.  

She said the drugs are when she's anxious? We've only seen her pop them with Bill.  You would think Li would have her popping them instead of Bill. 

The word mints were said too much, it's eye rolling.  Poppy takes drugs, say it like Li does. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Was anybody else bothered today when Eric boasted not once, but twice, about the prestige and benefits of having a "younger, beautiful wife?" 🤬

No credible physician would write unlimited Xanax prescriptions for Poppy so she could pop them like mints (literally.) 

• Like 9

I think this will serve as a lesson to all. Keep your magic mints and all eddies in a prescription bottle or lock them up.

Eric telling Zende to find out what excites Luna. Accidentally sleeping with her boyfriends cousin got her rather excited Grandad.

Liam, if only Poppy had ill intentions to murder Bills most irritating son. That would be amazing.

Hey Lunatic, you should have realized that you were messed up and taken RJ up on his offer of a ride home instead of stumbling into a guest house. Also mints have these nifty things called labels so you know what you’re eating. Quit shaming your mom!

Luna go tell RJ. I’m not up for the shamed conversations at Forrester with an opened door. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2024 at 5:28 PM, Crashcourse said:

But Luna didn't look drunk to me, and I don't think she looked drunk to Zende either. 

Neither did Caroline I or II. Neither did Brooke. Or Liam. Or Thorne when Darla may or may not have taken advantage of him (I don't remember that one but I've heard he may not have been clear minded).

What does it say about this show that they have to keep dipping into this specific well THIS many times and THIS often rather than just let them cheat or find some other way to bring couples together? Even if he was quite as dogged as Thomas was for Caroline or as cocky and entitled as Ridge, it's a bad, bad, terrible, awful, double-plus ungood look for this show that they can not or will not try ANY other way of uniting couples besides coercion and lies.

I don't think this is even being done in service of propping RJ as Brooke's son even, but bc Bell is just that creatively bankrupt.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

I don't even like Poppy, but it's not her fault that Luna mistakenly took those "mints."  It's not her fault that Luna mistakenly went to Zende's place and got in his bed.  Luna is just trying to feel better and justify her actions by shifting the blame from herself to her mother. 

1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

Neither did Caroline I or II. Neither did Brooke. Or Liam. Or Thorne when Darla may or may not have taken advantage of him (I don't remember that one but I've heard he may not have been clear minded).

I'm not associating Luna's situation with these others.  My point is that Zende didn't think Luna looked drunk, and neither did I.  That's my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m guessing two weeks of reliving the night until poor RJ overhears a conversational at Forrester. 

At a bare minimum. Brooke was hand wringing about a New Year kiss with Deacon until Memorial day weekend two years ago. Assuming Luna doesn't end up pregnant from this, this could last at damn long time.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The Bold & The Beautiful, now sponsored by Altoids, Certs and Tic Tacs. 

This?  Is hilarious.  Unfortunately, this is also why this genre is dying.  Certs and Tic Tacs haven't been a thing for decades.  Only older people (like me) will even get this reference.  And it feels increasingly like only older people (like me) are watching soap operas.  It doesn't help the creakiness of the genre that Luna calling her mom a "druggie" feels more appropriate for an afterschool special from the '70's.    

On the plus side, Zende has stepped up his acting in this SL.  Luna is doing great. Real tears and everything.  But just like his "dad", RJ stinks.  

• Like 13

Does Luna have halitosis?  Why does she need mints every time she's about to kiss somebody?  If a guy wanted to kiss her, he might wonder why she always had to pop a mint.  He might be afraid she has some kind of mouth disease. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

And it feels increasingly like only older people (like me) are watching soap operas. 

I'm only 38 myself and TBH the genre was dying even when I was in high school. I started watching during the Rick and Amber days and my own mom (who, I now realize was younger than I am now at the time) found the idea of  three young men fighting to be her baby daddy  ridiculous beyond belief and out of touch. And in hindsight, she had a point because I only know of one couple from my high school class who are still together after a teen pregnancy.

I know a few teen viewers on Reddit but they are exactly that: very few. I dunno how they found their way to this show because if their mothers are near my age, odds are they gave up the genre when Passions or OLTL was cancelled and never bothered w B&B in the first place. Or more likely, they got hooked to reality TV instead.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

As I was thinking Z is only upset because he really wanted Luna and she chose RJ.

Luna give Poppy a break she didn’t drug you on purpose. I wouldn’t consider Poppy a druggy unless she addicted to a prescription drug that contains a narcotic. I take 5 different prescription drugs daily.  Should I consider myself a druggy. Some of the prescription drugs I take have adverse side effects for some people. 

Poppy doesn’t drink but we see Ridge,Eric, and Bill drinking to relieve stress quite often but are they alcoholics?  

WTF Eric!  You absolutely know that Luna’s RJ’s girlfriend but you want him to get closer to Luna?  Are you trying to cause conflict between RJ and Z?  Z is a designer not a businessman, what can Z mentor her in other than designing?  Eric, go fuck Donna and leave RJ and Luna alone. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a big fan of Luna and RJ and a lesser of a fan of Luna and Z. X reminds me too much of Lurch and you know how I feel about him. 

One other thing, is Luna a mintaholic because she had to take a mint before she kisses RJ.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1

This SL with Luna is so ridiculous. And not to mention, outdated.

Is it because of their age and social media that RJ and Luna seem so co-dependent with the constant texting and calling? I don't see how FC stays in business as nobody actually works during the day.

Did Zende say the other day that he was in love with Luna? How and why? They barely interact at the office and Luna shuts him down whenever he starts flirting with him. What a loser and now he is expected to "mentor" Luna?

And the actor who plays Poppy is terrible. I hate when actors fake cry and speak in a gravel-y voice and have completely dry eyes.

This has all the makings of a first-class, boring-as-hell dumpster fire!

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Poppy doesn’t drink but we see Ridge,Eric, and Bill drinking to relieve stress quite often but are they alcoholics?  

Two drinks we see them take here and there doesn't cause what happened to Luna. Hallucinations? Blackout on her location? 

Poppy claims the mints are harmless, obviously not.  That's what a druggie would say.

Li said Poppy even didn't know what was in them. The mints aren not from a doctor obviously. So she's buying them from who? 

Luna's such a better actress than Poppy. She's horrible in these scenes. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Is it because of their age and social media that RJ and Luna seem so co-dependent with the constant texting and calling? I don't see how FC stays in business as nobody actually works during the day.

I would say today it's constant texting and not so much calling lol.

• LOL 1

Zende is just super creepy. He knows Luna did not intend to sleep with him. He knows she's devastated by what happened with them. And there he is getting all weird over her hair tie and keeping it like a souvenir. He's going to be the new Thomas. And after Eric asked him to mentor Luna, you just know he was thinking "hey, working with Hope eventually worked for Thomas!" 

Luna, don't listen to your mother. She doesn't want you to tell RJ what happened because, if it does lead to your breakup, she would feel guilty over her role in it. So she's urging you to keep quiet so she doesn't have to face that. 

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't even like Poppy, but it's not her fault that Luna mistakenly took those "mints."  It's not her fault that Luna mistakenly went to Zende's place and got in his bed.  Luna is just trying to feel better and justify her actions by shifting the blame from herself to her mother. 

Luna was drugged. Her actions occurred because she was drugged and disoriented. If she had been in her right mind and did all the things she did, she would, of course, bear the blame. But that's not what happened. And Poppy is partially responsible here. She was walking around with her "mints" apparently in exactly the same kind of container her daughter keeps her own real mints in. She surely must have known how heavily her daughter pops those mints. She had choices she could have made to ensure that her daughter didn't inadvertently and unknowingly end up taking her drugs. She could have kept them in an entirely different container (say a pill bottle). She could have made sure her daughter knew that she had "mints" she used to treat her anxiety that could be confused for normal mints. 

I take narcotic pain meds regularly. I've always made sure to keep them stored safely, but also, from the time my son could understand, I made sure he knew what medicine looks like and how important it was to not ever put it in his mouth. (And it took. When he was like 3, someone had dropped a pill on the floor in the lobby of the physical therapy clinic I went to. He spotted it and was right on telling all of us "medicine! There's medicine on the floor!")  If I could get a toddler up to speed on what I was taking and how to avoid it, Poppy could certainly make sure her adult daughter knew to avoid her "mints." Luna's a bit over the top today with the "OMG, my mom is a druggie," but she's still reeling. Toned down, her points stand. It was too easy for her to end up with Poppy's drugs in her bag, and without any knowledge of what Poppy was taking, she was defenseless when it happened. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6

So I asked my friend Google about Ploppy's mints... here's a little article from 24 years ago... "Diviner's Sage" or "Magic Mint" is a rare herb in the mint family that is used recreationally, causes hallucinations, and is not illegal. It is usually smoked or chewed. So I would guess that you can buy candies with the extract in it, just like you can get everything from vitamins to cannabis in the form of a gummie.

Salvia divinorum: an hallucinogenic mint which might become a new recreational drug in Switzerland

"Salvia divinorum Epling & Jativa is an hallucinogenic mint traditionally used for curing and divination by the Mazatec Indians of Oaxaca, Mexico. Young people from Mexican cities were reported to smoke dried leaves of S. divinorum as a marijuana substitute. Recently, two S. divinorum specimens were seized in a large-scale illicit in-door and out-door hemp plantation. Salvinorin A also called divinorin A, a trans-neoclerodane diterpene, was identified in several organic solvent extracts by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The botanical identity of the plant was confirmed by comparing it to an authentic herbarium specimen. More plants were then discovered in Swiss horticulturists greenhouses. All these data taken together suggest that many attempts exist in Switzerland to use S. divinorum as a recreational drug. This phenomenon may be enhanced because neither the magic mint, nor its active compound are banned substances listed in the Swiss narcotic law."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10940599/

• Like 1
  • Useful 11
11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And there he is getting all weird over her hair tie and keeping it like a souvenir

Is that what that was? Gross. I was thinking maybe this storyline was salvageable because Zende felt like a giant piece of shit over what happened, but putting a hair tie in a box of keepsakes is hella weird. Also, Eric unknowingly putting all those double entendres out there while asking Zende to mentor Luna was neither cute or funny. I bet Bell pulled something laughing at his own wit, though.

I don’t dislike Luna, but the show needs to seriously ease up on the Luna is Love, Luna is Light browbeating. Do we need to hear that she’s the greatest intern who ever graced the halls of FC? No. How about showing her doing amazing workplace things?

Oh thank the stars above Liam is back to roll up on RJ and imply his girlfriend’s mom is a gold digging tramp. Pure class. RJ should be able to put both feet in his waffle ass, one for each sister Liam has shit on. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh thank the stars above Liam is back to roll up on RJ and imply his girlfriend’s mom is a gold digging tramp. Pure class. RJ should be able to put both feet in his waffle ass, one for each sister Liam has shit on. 

"You're going to question me about someone's romantic intentions when you're divorcing one of my sisters so you can go try to wreck my other sister's marriage?" 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Think the thing Zende was playing with was one of Luna's earrings that had somehow fallen inbetween couch cushions, maybe when she was ripping her clothes off.  I thought those earrings were very cute in a sparkly, fresh young thing kind of way.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And there he is getting all weird over her hair tie and keeping it like a souvenir.

Earring (right before she leaves, she is only wearing one). I kind of thought they looked cool.

Maybe my read is wrong, but I took Zende being upset to show his remorse about the situation. He feels bad he was intimate with someone who was drugged, and he feels bad she was so visibly shaken by the encounter. I feel we don't see that regret in male characters after negative sexual experiences (to the point he was crying and it was weighing on him) a lot on soaps, so I appreciated that.

Also, I buy that Poppy's mints are herbal, since we have been told how "free spirited" she is all the time.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Poppy mints and Luna’s mints were in different shaped bottles. One was round and the other square.  I do feel bad for Luna though. 

I keep going back to Hope’s sexual expression with Wyatt and Thomas which is/was a lot more free. Today would’ve been a good segway into a conversation about her first time. She was clearly uncomfortable talking about it when RJ brought it up. Would’ve even nice that she reflected on the impact of her disastrous first time with Liam after RJ left the room. Thomas has commented on how she has surprised him in that aspect enough times. That would’ve been better than repetitive conversations. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I don’t dislike Luna, but the show needs to seriously ease up on the Luna is Love, Luna is Light browbeating. Do we need to hear that she’s the greatest intern who ever graced the halls of FC? No. How about showing her doing amazing workplace things?

We have yet to see her do anything other than finding Eric's stapler.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
3 hours ago, bayviewbubba said:

Think the thing Zende was playing with was one of Luna's earrings that had somehow fallen inbetween couch cushions, maybe when she was ripping her clothes off.  I thought those earrings were very cute in a sparkly, fresh young thing kind of way.

Ah, thank you. I didn't have my glasses on, and it looked like a thin hair tie to me. 

• Like 1

What a lame excuse Z. Luna was just there waiting for him and jumps into bed with her. Full speed ahead and don’t even give RJ a thought. Z, why didn’t you even think to ask Lune if she was sure about this knowing she’s RJ’s girlfriend. 

Z, blow it out your ass. Your affended?  You tried to snake RJ by stealing his girlfriend and you thought you did until the truth kicked you in the balls. EYou are no better than Lurch. Lurch is just lucky that Liam fucked up but RJ didn’t fuck up. Now Z even sounds like Lurch in trying to cover up that Phoebe was Beth. 

Unless the monkeys with a keyboard are fucking pricks, RJ will understand what happened and will blame Z for the misunderstanding. I don’t think he will put the major blame Poppy.  

So today we find out that Luna took more than two mints. Even an over the counter anxiety drug, with alcohol, will give you an adverse effect.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, bluvelvet said:

I was thinking - Poor RJ

His brother and sister are f**king each other for the second time in his life.  First was Steffy/Rick...

Wasn't Phoebe with Rick, too?

• Like 5

Luna is not a terrible actress but she is eating this show like Flo, Zoe and Paris before her (and probably more I don't know about since I only started paying attention at the gym about 4 years ago--Wyatt and Katie caught my attention so however long ago that was) and they've all disappeared so I don't doubt Luna will lose her sparkle with Bell and disappear without a mention. Unless she's pregnant and then she's tied to the Forresters forever I guess. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

You know, something might be amiss with your show when a young man is discussing popping a cherry with his brother and sister who happen to be fucking each other. That’s messed up.

Hey, did everyone get the memo that Luna was pure and amazing and honest and fun? Now you know.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

Brother and sister are bad enough.  Didn't he also proudly announce it to his Mom and Dad too?  I thought I heard Brooke nearly orgasmic about it.

This show often likes to have a pure as the driven snow good girl character. Caroline I, Hope, and now Luna come to mind.  It is truly sickening.  I'd love it if it eventually came out that Poppy and Luna are not quite as wonderful as they seem.  I know I need not hold my breath waiting for that.

I'm curious--do young people in general nowadays let their parents and/or other family know once they've slept with someone?  Things were quite a bit different from that back in the day, even on the soaps.

• Like 11

This is so ridiculous. More of Poppy's bad acting (at least Luna can really cry.) Poppy is a horrible mother. There. I said it. And how can she afford such a nice apartment from selling t-shirts and beads at crafts fairs and festivals? (Makes me wonder if she's dealing on the side ... )

I have NEVER seen a man mope around and cry after bedding a girl like Zende is.  What planet is he from? I don't understand how/why he has developed such deep feelings for Luna. He barely knows her. At least we saw the relationship develop with Luna and RJ and it was a slow buildup (on soap time.)

Yeah. What is with this Luna wants to be "pure" and sleeping with more than one guy could damage Luna's "reputation." THIS from Poppy? Hypocrite? 

When I was Luna's age, if I'd told my mother that I lost my virginity to a fairly new BF whom I wasn't married to, she would have lost her mind.

I hope that when RJ finds out what happened, he goes straight over to Grandad's estate and knocks Zende's teeth into the next county. Regardless of Luna's condition, Zende has no business creeping on Luna the way he has been. 

This is such a weak SL primarily because all of the actors suck. The people playing Luna and Zende are OK, but the rest ... ugh. Seriously. The show needs writers who aren't stuck in the 1950s.

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

And how can she afford such a nice apartment from selling t-shirts and beads at crafts fairs and festivals? (Makes me wonder if she's dealing on the side ... )

I haven't watched every episode lately, so that's what she said she does for a living?  I remember Luna saying something about Poppy being a singer.  Even so, it does make one wonder how she can afford such a nice apartment. 

• Like 3

Wasn't Luna in town first working. I thought Poppy moved in with her? 

Poppy judging Luna taking more than one? She didn't know that were drugs. 

How dare Poppy put her hands on Zende like that when Poppy and her drugs is why any of this happened. 

RJ, Hope and Thomas should not share scenes it's ick.  Especially when RJ is talking about his sex life.  This writing is horrible. 

• Like 10

So I asked my friend Google about Ploppy's mints... here's a little article from 24 years ago... "Diviner's Sage" or "Magic Mint" is a rare herb in the mint family that is used recreationally, causes hallucinations, and is not illegal. It is usually smoked or chewed. So I would guess that you can buy candies with the extract in it, just like you can get everything from vitamins to cannabis in the form of a gummie.

Let me first say, I appreciate this information - very interesting! However, I don't believe for a minute these writers spent any time thinking about this or what the drug is going to end up to be. They just thought mints was a good way to confuse things and make this lame arse story come about. Unfortunately, nearly every viewer probably spends more time trying to figure out these story lines than the writers do. And god knows we remember more about the past of the show than they do too.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Well, it's finally happened...the ->-> on my remote's FF button have worn off...from now on, muscle memory will have to suffice. 

If I'd told my mother when I lost "my purity" to my new BF, she would have backhanded me into the next county...long ago and far away.

Luna mourning her lost pure relationship ->  Poppy whining about her  "sorryness"  -> Luna bitching about "drugs" -> RJ futzing because his galpal said she wasn't feeling well so he texts her 29 times -> Thope checking in straight from sexing on the drafting table to comment on RJ's love life -> Zende butt hurt that he wasn't actually the person Luna thought she was [whatever it was].->

At least Zende said he "used protection". A WTD situation avoided, unless he realizes that his kitten clawed the condom packages, therefore....

As is Soap protocol, Luna will spill a garbled , out of sequence,  explanation of her "misunderstanding night" so that RJ will have a wrong impression of what happened, freak out, reject Luna, who will then turn to Z for understanding and comfort, and that pair will bond, discover her pregnancy, decide to raise the child together, until 3 years later they discover that Z has always been sterile, but by then RJ will have been married to Ivy from Australia for 2 years.

No screams of "incest" please...RJ is a Marone, TYVM.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
21 hours ago, AManfred said:

Maybe my read is wrong, but I took Zende being upset to show his remorse about the situation. He feels bad he was intimate with someone who was drugged, and he feels bad she was so visibly shaken by the encounter. I feel we don't see that regret in male characters after negative sexual experiences (to the point he was crying and it was weighing on him) a lot on soaps, so I appreciated that.

Also, I buy that Poppy's mints are herbal, since we have been told how "free spirited" she is all the time.

I agree with you regarding Zende. I appreciate Show giving us this POV.

For those that believe Zende assaulted (or worse, raped) Luna, consider this:

You're a 20 something guy who has made your feelings clear to the object of your affection. She's your cousin's GF. Shady? Yes. But still...

You come home to your room to find her naked in your bed, saying, "I was waiting for you."

I'm not even a guy, and I could see how Zende would see that as an invitation. He had no idea she was high on Mommy's Magic Mints. And I appreciate that he would be upset/disappointed to find out later that that was the case.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Tippi said:

Brother and sister are bad enough.  Didn't he also proudly announce it to his Mom and Dad too?  I thought I heard Brooke nearly orgasmic about it.

That really squicked me out. RJ tells his mom and dad that he and Luna are more than just dating. And they were thrilled. Oh, golden child, we're so happy that you're getting some.

And Luna-tic tells her mom, aka her bestie, Ploppy, too. Oh, bff, I'm so glad you got your cherry popped. (But actually from the way Luna acted in the after-glow, no way that was the first time anything was ever inserted there.)

WTF is wrong with these people? The salt and pepper shakers telling their parents and then the parents being ecstatic that their spawn are bumping uglies. Are there actually people in the real world that act this way?

15 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Poppy is a horrible mother. There. I said it. And how can she afford such a nice apartment from selling t-shirts and beads at crafts fairs and festivals? (Makes me wonder if she's dealing on the side ... )

That apartment was like a '70's museum display. Much too nice and expensive for what we've heard about Ploppy's means of support.

Let's talk about the fashion on Friday's episode for a moment. I am deluding myself that the schmatta that Hope was wearing is actually from her HFTF collection and not something that exists in the real world. The front half of a tan granny shawl sewn onto the front of a tan plaid dress? Awful. Then they had the audacity to have RJ put that ugly-ass sweater back on. Maybe, just maybe it could work on a scrawny guy, but on his over-pumped physique it brought out the worst in both the sweater and him. And then, they put Luna-tictac back in that white cropped MC jacket that doesn't even cover the bottom half of her little boobs. She must still be high to be wearing that thing. What a bad, bad day for fashion.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

Still on the topic of fashion, I was just thinking, Luna-tictac is the muse/anti-muse of FC. She had RJ sketching at lightning speed, while she had Zende unable to make a decent sketch and clearing everything off his desk in frustration.

How sick is it that I found Hope and Thomas to be a breath of fresh air?

They're all making me miss Sheila. Could you imagine if Sheila and Li teamed up to be super-villain/sheroes?

• Like 4
  • LOL 4