Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I finally had a chance to catch up (pesky work getting in the way) and this week has been on absolute 🔥.

Well, sans, the Tridge drudgery. I cannot with this 50-something acting like a gushing teenager over the greasy slob of rancid bacon grease sitting next to her.

I mean I have German second-hand embarrassment for Taylor right now.

FYwVdN_WAAEg1rs?format=jpg&name=small

No recaps for them!

get-out-leave.gif

If their plane could crash on Boinkberry Island and we never have to hear or see them again, it would be mighty fine with me.

At Bill's, he fills in Liam as to Li having suffered some definite trauma.

Li, has finally found the ability to speak more clearly, her memories and her fire and her fury returning to her as she utters: "Sheila. Sheila Carter."

Both men stare at her as she adds, "“Finn is alive! My son is alive!”

FYwxZsCWAAEhNKg?format=jpg&name=small

Bill and Liam aren't wrong for assuming she's confused, given all that has happened and no one would ever suspect Finn of being alive. I mean, those of us who watch this show would, but YKWIM.

FYwxZ0YXgAI5IRr?format=jpg&name=small

Li can see they don't believe her and knows they are her shot at rescuing her son from that evil psycho's clutches so tells them again that he IS alive and what's more, "He's with Sheila!"

That gets their attention as their skeptical looks turn to frowns. They know that the impossible is entirely possible where Sheila is concerned.

At the hotel room, Finn, recognizing threats won't work with Sheila tries a different approach and tries to engage with the shred of decency, if any, still inside of her, asking: "How am I supposed to believe you love me when all you do is take away what I love." He pleads with her to make things right (knowing they will never be made right again) by allowing him to reunite with his wife and son.  

Sheila appears to be listening so he continues: ""This doesn’t feel like love; it feels like punishment." He recites the litany of pain that she is causing. "I will never see my mother again because of you. I will not let the same thing happen with Steffy.”

I love that Finn didn't try the trick of pretending to be all lovey-dovey with Sheila because she would have seen right through it. But she's listening to his every word now.

Sheila-Finn-plea-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,5

Finn reminds her of the obvious: none of this is sustainable.

Finn looks her square in the eye as he exclaims, simply, "I'm done."

Sheila: "I'm sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen." You never do, do you, Sheila, and yet here we are. “I came back to LA with nothing but good intentions. I wanted to meet my son. I wanted to look you in the eye and tell you I was your mother, and that I never stopped loving you.”

If this is what love is to her, I'm pretty sure Finn wants nothing to do with it or her.

Sheila: "Everything could have been so different, if Steffy had just been nicer to me." While I'm no fan of Steffy, I can't agree with Sheila here.

Finn, gritting his teeth here, counters:  “There you go again...Blaming others for what you set in motion.”

Sheila: "This time, I would have proven myself and become part of the family, but Steffy wouldn't allow it. She was hellbent on stopping it...and...I just...lost it."

Finn, thinking you did a helluva lot more than losing it, shouts: "You shot her! Stop trying to justify this unforgivable thing."

Sheila wrings her hands, whining about how: "I hate the idea that you'll never forgive me. Shooting you was an accident. I didn't want to hurt you or Steffy or Li." 

But you did, all the same, didn't you? She brings nothing but devastation and destruction wherever she goes. 

Back at Bill's, Li can see the skepticism on Bill and Liam's faces and insists she is telling the truth.

With flashbacks playing while she's talking, Li reveals how she saved him from the hospital and refused to give up on her son. You can see the admiration in their eyes, Bill's especially.

Bill: "And Finn is with Sheila? Now?"

Li cries, clearly worried sick about her son, "YES! I have to stop Sheila!"

They usher her to the sofa, fearing she might collapse, she is so upset, though understandably so.

Liam-Li-Bill-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,598

I love Liam crouching down at the end of the couch, so as to not crowd her and just that little touch of Bill's hand on her back to reassure her. 

Li tears up, feeling defeated for a moment, but then you can see the mother lioness battle to come to the surface as she shares the details about how Finn was on life support and the doctors thought he had no chance.

Li, resolve etched on her face and evident in her tone, says: "I knew my son was a fighter."

She shares how she smuggled Finn out of the hospital, forged the death certificate, and took him to the hotel, where he could be safe and she could give him the care he needed to live.

Li's face is quiet determination until her expression changes and a look of disgust shadows her face as she reveals, "But Sheila tracked me down. I tried getting rid of her...but," Her voice cracks here, "she saw Finn."

Liam exclaims: "That's why no tombstone, no memorial service...of course!" Glad you caught up, doofus. And I wish that Li had told Sheila she had Finn cremated and scattered the ashes in the water near the cliffhouse after Steffy left town so the loon would have jumped in after them. But then we wouldn't have this riveting storyline now.

Li shares their struggle that led to the chase that nearly claimed her own life with the car plunging into the ocean.

Liam: "If Finn really is alive, it's because you saved him!” He's clearly in awe of her as is Bill. 

The gravity of the situation hits Li all at once as she panics, crying: “He’s with Sheila! I have to save him again!”

Back at the hotel, Sheila, seeing her words have no effect on Finn as his hatred is palpable, she snots: “Does it even count that I saved your life?”

Umm, you are the crazy bitch who shot him, so I'm guessing no here.

Finn shakes his head, "No, that was my mom."

Sheila, laughably insists, "I did it the second time." You can't argue with that kind of crazy so Finn goes back to the plan of appealing to whatever maternal instincts she might have (or think she has).

Finn: "If you love me, you should let me go." He is kinder than I would be as he says, gently, "You saved my life, so let me live it.”

Sheila: "It wasn't my intention to make you a prisoner here or deprive you of your family." Intentions don't mean diddly squat, Sheila.

Finn tells her as much: "That’s exactly what you’re doing.” He adds, eyeing her carefully, that he won’t go another day without seeing Steffy.

Finn: "If you want my happiness...you have to let me go."

Sheila's expression is unreadable.

Back at Bill's place, Bill is as serious as we've ever seen him as he says no one can know about this until they have Finn safely with them.

He turns to Li, asking, "Can you take me to him?"

Their eyes meet and she nods, "Yes."

They agree that Liam will remain behind and alert Chief Baker once he knows they have Finn safely away from Sheila's grasp.

Back at the hotel room, Sheila is talking, mostly to herself, wondering why this always happens to her and seriously???

Sheila, proving once a delusional loon, always a delusional loon, says, "I'm sure we can get past this and start over since you are such a kind and compassionate man."

His kindness and compassion have limits, Sheila.

Finn: "You will never terrorize Steffy again and will never know Hayes." I really love how he's giving it to her straight vs subterfuge. It's a tactic few have tried and it looks as if it might be working. Although I suspect only her own offspring could get away with it.

Sheila is at the pleading stage now, saying: "I wanted to love all of you."

Finn, lowers the boom: "That's no longer possible." He begins unhooking from the machines.

Finn, on his feet now, even if he is a little unsteady, looks at her with decidedly steady eyes.

Sheila is clearly at a loss as she whispers “You can’t walk out.”

Finn: "How are you going to stop me? Are you gonna shoot me again or stick with me a needle?" I think the latter is exactly in her mind even as she apologizes again.

Finn, showing a moment of mercy that she doesn't deserve, tells her "I want to believe that. But it's over."

Sheila, as quiet as she's ever been, says simply, "Go ahead."

Finn says and I truly believe he means this, "I wish it could have been different." And it could have been, if she had truly chosen a different path and worked her ass off to earn redemption. I think she could have fostered some sort of relationship with Finn and maybe, someday, the chance at knowing Hayes a tiny bit. But she had to have all or nothing as usual. 

He is clearly still weak as he hobbles out of the room into the adjacent one, nearing the door and his freedom.

I froze as did he when Sheila comes up behind him and places her hand on his shoulder and says his name. He pauses and turns back toward her.

Finn-Sheila-go-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,598

And I was yelling at the TV for Bill and Li to get there already before this act I was so sure she was putting on was dropped and she was fixing to stab him with a syringe again. 

But then, the door opens and Bill is there (filling the doorway exactly as you put it so aptly, @RuntheTable).

Despite Li's story, he's amazed as he exclaims, "“You really are alive!”

Bill-door-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,598

Hell, yes he is!

Bill doesn't have time to process because of the petite lady behind him. He quickly steps aside and we see Li enter the room, the mother lioness restored in full force

FYsZ8s6acAEEtZ7?format=jpg&name=360x360

Her eyes flick to Sheila for a moment with disgust. But she doesn't have a moment to waste on her as she sees Finn, standing on his own two feet, and looking back at her.

Naomi and Tanner brought it, all episode long, but especially here, and my eyes started stinging at Finn's, "Mom?" 

FYsZ8s2aAAAabmh?format=jpg&name=360x360

That moment when mother and son reunite, Li running to embrace Finn and him so overjoyed that his real mother, the one who took care of him from babyhood, who risked so much to save his own life, is alive and there and so very real at last was beautiful to watch and I'm tearing up, remembering it again.

FYsZ8s0aUAANQnw?format=jpg&name=small

Their mother and son reunion was sheer perfection.

6E7VVmRY?format=jpg&name=small

Li: “Finn! Thank God! Oh my God!”

FYoT4ihUIAA1chq?format=jpg&name=small

They cling to each other, but as Li opens her eyes, she sends a death glare at Sheila, who is probably still shitting her pants right now.

Li-Finn-reunited-BB-CBS.jpg?w=1230

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Bill and Finn couldn't wait five minutes?! (I absolutely do not buy that either of them would leave Li alone with Sheila.) And Finn forgot to mention that some guy named Mike has been coming around? And no one thought that the police might want to talk to Finn, or even verify he's alive, before he flees the country? C'mon, writers. They shouldn't have wasted the Mike reveal on the useless Bridge interrogation and instead had him immediately bust Sheila out of lock-up.

Li is a badass.

I forgot to say this about yesterday's episode, but the nostalgic person in me liked that Finn's first scene was with Bill back in July 2020, with Bill now being the first person (in a way) to discover Finn alive in July 2022. All in all, I could really get on board with a Finnegan-Spencer family dynamic via Li/Bill and I never thought I'd say that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Give me a break that Shiela is so dangerous that Bill wouldn’t be able to handle her?  That’s as dumb as Li being able to hug FrankenFinn without even a wince of pain from his injuries, FrankenFinn being able to fly after being reanimated a few days ago, and Shiela being able to get past the police just seconds before that arrive. Ridge is going to bust a blood vessel 😊

I was hoping that FrankenFinn and Bill would have sung and danced to a few lines of “Putting on The Ritz” before they left 😂

• LOL 8

Well @dovegrey, you seem to have read my mind as you have posted exactly my thoughts. 

Bill couldn't have waited five minutes? But I guess I will give Show a pass, because this and Li calling the police before leaving the room are the only weak points in this SL. I guess the silver lining is that Mike will now be in custody and will not be able to assist Sheila any longer. 

Li certainly does come to quickly after being knocked upside her head. I wonder how the poor woman has any facutiles left after being hit by Sheila and Mike, torched in her car, and nearly drowned. But I thought her grabbing Mike's leg and tripping him was hilarious, as was their brief exchance afterward:

Mike "What the hell lady?"

Li "How could you do that?"

Mike "I should have hit you harder"

Li "How could you let that phsyco go?"

Mike "Get out of my way"

Li "Make me"

And in comes the good Cheif Lt, and Mike's jig is up.

I do wonder how Sheila managed to evade the police given she had only left a few minutes before they entered the room. Maybe she took the stairs. 

I don't think Cheif Lt. Baker is going to be very happy with Bill for putting Finn on a plane before he has even had a chance to talk to him. Finn has valuable evidence, and needs to know that Sheila has once again escaped. 

I have no doubt Ridge will blame Bill, even though Bill was doing what he thought was best for Steffy. We will probably continue to endure the constant reminders that Ridge has "beefed up security" and "Ridge is taking care of all his wimenfolk". 

Will Sheila run to Deacon for help? Deacon is another man that Sheila probably wouldn't want to tangle with. But if he was to help in bringing that psyhco to justice, I think Taylor might not care about Ridge's rules too much anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Deacon is another man that Sheila probably wouldn't want to tangle with. But if he was to help in bringing that psyhco to justice, I think Taylor might not care about Ridge's rules too much anymore. 

Deacon deserves way better than loony Taylor Hayes.  I wouldn't inflict her on anyone.

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Deacon deserves way better than loony Taylor Hayes.  I wouldn't inflict her on anyone.

Not even Ridge 🤔.  Shiela is even too good for Ridge. 

• Wink 2
  • LOL 5

I, too, called foul on Bill leaving Li alone with Sheila to get Finn to Steffy a measly 5 minutes sooner. He helped rescue Li and got the truth from her and helped rescue Finn only to bail in the 11th hour. Do better next time, Bill. TPTB throwing Still some stale, moldy crumbs with Bill being the one to deliver Finn to Steffy, to the exclusion of all else, is my only explanation. That or the fact that today is the 2-year anniversary of Finn and Steffy meeting.

Although as bad-ass as Li is, in the end, she ended up handling things.

FYywyY9UsAAixXx?format=jpg&name=small

I loved her grabbing Mike's leg and pulling him to the ground, like I'm not done yet, bitch!

I think she would have grabbed that bat and done some damage if the cops hadn't gotten there first.

But OMGLOL at Sheila smooching Mike when he set her free. Perfect, campy moment.

FYy5t8UX0AARH2d?format=jpg&name=small

The dolt didn't realize she was just using him, as usual, when she waltzed away, leaving him to deal with Li and the cops.

Hope, I have no words for that outfit. Wait, yes, I do.

Burn that, starting with the purse.

hope-cream-floral-skirt-pink-cami.jpg.we

At least she wasn't wearing her Canadian Mountie hat as well.

But seriously, did she piss wardrobe off or what?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Finn with his kids. 😭 (how many times are they going to change Kelly lol)

Eric was cute when he said the babies would be so happy.

Steffi's glasses looked ridiculous. 😆

FTFY

FY2tzwXWYAEZ1bx?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Today's episode was very good, though the ridiculousness of Steffy (see ^^^) took away from it just a smidge.

We open at FC, where Brooke, Eric, and Thomas are pretending to work when Hope and Liam arrive to drop the bombshell that Finn is alive, stunning them all, Brooke especially.

FY264FwXgAYthrr?format=jpg&name=small

Where's Donna? Waiting at the club or upstairs in the Forrester mansion master bedroom with honey?

Liam: "He's been through hell, but he is very  much alive."

Everyone is very excited and practically giddy.

Hope and Liam share that they have tried to reach Steffy and Taylor and Ridge (does Brooke know they are together?) to tell them the amazing news but haven't had success yet.

It's a lot of "this is crazy" and smiles all around, which I guess is the appropriate reaction. Brooke is probably extra-happy that this news means Liam won't keep sniffing around under the guise of "consoling" of no-longer-a-widow Steffy, but I wouldn't hold your breath, Brooke.

We cut to the Spencer jet where Bill encourages Finn to get some shut-eye (I'm guessing he's had enough of that for quite some time), but Finn says he's too excited.

Finn: "All of my thoughts of Steffy and the kids...they were all that kept me going while I was with Sheila."

Bill: " I'm guessing it must have been torture."

Finn, too jazzed to dwell on that (for now), sidesteps it, saying "It won't be long now until I see my wife."

Bill gives his phone to Finn, urging him to keep trying to reach her.

There's still no answer so he leaves another voicemail and as an aside, how crazy would it be to get a voice mail from someone you believed dead? So many emotions.

He tells her: "I’m coming to be with you, babe. We’re going to be together again soon, I promise.”

He sighs a very dramatic sigh to go with the equally dramatic sight of clouds.

Finn-jet-phone-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,59

And Finn, why are you dressed like Little House on the Prairie's Alamanzo Wilder?

All that's missing is the hat.

124161b2-04ab-4db3-836f-ea3c16da3d1f-Dea

Taylor and Ridge have arrived in Monaco and meet with Steffy's doctor, Flavia, who tells them their daughter is receiving the best care possible. They ask about seeing her, but the doctor tells them - get this - that they don't know where she is.

britney-spears-gif.gif

Is this facility the same brand of "world-renowned" as is Taylor?

The doctor handwaves their concern away that she likes to take time alone to do her healing (overlooking a large body of water, no less).

We cut to Steffy, standing alone, wearing a black dress and dark glasses, looking out at the water. 

And I'll stand by what I said already - she looks ridiculous, like she's auditioning to be The Real Housewives of Malibu.

FYxlbJEVUAEk-TE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Steffy-outlook-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,59

Back at FC, Liam and Hope share the details that they know at this point.

Brooke: "I'm so grateful that Bill found Li and brought her back to his place."

Eric laughs, thinking about how of how amazing Steffy’s reunion with Finn will be. Based on the OTT dramatic get-up and scenery, um, yep. And while I think Tanner/Finn deserve an on-location moment, I'm meh about Jacquie/Steffy.

Liam: "Kelly is gonna flip out." And be SORASED yet again, I'm sure.

Thomas: "When Steffy sees him for the first time, it will be priceless." 

FY2sGxwWAAE8Mqt?format=jpg&name=360x360

Still on the Spencer Jet, Bill decides to try Ridge one last time, hoping he'll get through.

Ridge pulls a face when he sees it's Bill calling, but Taylor tells him to put on his big boy pants and answer it.

Ridge: "What do you want, Spencer?" So classy and mature, Ridge.

Bill: "Is Taylor with you?" Don't you hear the sound of giggling and cold-shoulder top fabric rustling in the background, Bill? Of course she's there.

Ridge answers "yes," still annoyed, as Bill asks him to put him on speaker, but at a look from Taylor, he complies. 

Bill: "You should brace yourselves. I have some unbelievable news. The best news ever.”

Ridge, impatient as always, barks, “What is it?!”

They practically scratch their heads as Bill shares he's on his way to Monaco...with their son-in-law.

FY2pY-OWQAIRuLI?format=jpg&name=small

Bill is grinning from ear to ear as he gives them a beat to process, saying "Finn is alive.”

He acknowledges that it's the "shock of all shocks," but, a moment later, he puts Finn on the phone.

Finn: “Taylor, Ridge, it’s me. I’m alive.”

Taylor-Ridge-gasp-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024

It's too much for either of them to take in and they gasp and have to take a seat on the couch.

FY2tPY4XkAENrle?format=jpg&name=small

Wanna bet they'll be doing other things on the couch to celebrate the news?

FY2lTKLXwAAgC-D?format=jpg&name=360x360

I said what I said.

Finn shares how Li kept him alive and then tells them that Sheila got involved, but he doesn't have time to give them a play-by-play because he's desperate to see Steffy.

They tell him they'll text him the name of the hotel and arrange to get the kids there since they aren't sure where Steffy is at the moment.

Finn hangs up and shares with Bill that Steffy wasn't there, but that won't stop him and they'll be together soon. Bill just smiles. 

We cut to Steffy, who dramatically removes her glasses to review a face made up for New Year's Eve, complete with false lashes and highlighter. Her hair looks good, I'll give her that. She dramatically shakes her head and asks, "Why, Finn? Why?" I'm already bored.

FY223JMXwAEGVgs?format=jpg&name=small

At FC, Liam reasons that Bill's plane should have arrived by now and Hope squeals with excitement over the impending reunion.

Eric and Thomas are amazed at how quickly things change. Yeah, like that time you were kissing Hopequinn and it seemed liked seconds before you were dropped in a vat of not-acid.

Brooke: "I can only imagine how Ridge and Taylor will feel about this." Uh huh.

Back at the hotel, Ridge and Taylor are over the moon with happiness that Finn is alive.

There's a knock on the door and it's Finn with Bill.

And TK's reaction is sweet as he pulls Finn into his arms and hugs him.

FY2i0npXEAAiN_O?format=jpg&name=small

FY2i0nqXkAI3JI6?format=jpg&name=small

Finn tears up. Now that you have learned how to act, Tanner, don't let Jacquie send you back to mediocrity.

Taylor hugs him next and KA is just so OTT effusive, you'd think Finn was her long lost love and calm the fuck down, woman!

FY2i0nqXkAEOzTx?format=jpg&name=small

FY2i0nrWAAEnYK-?format=jpg&name=360x360

Bill, very understated, says he'll leave them alone to celebrate.

He and Finn have a moment where Finn thanks him and he tells him none are necessary and they clasp hands. It's a sweet moment and I have the highest of hopes that Bill and Li will become a couple and Finn can be his stepson. 

Bill moves to go but Ridge stops him and honest-to-God thanks him, telling Bill he (Ridge) is in his debt. Will wonders never cease?

FY2qlhMXkAYcw_k?format=jpg&name=small

FY2qlhPWQAQL8lP?format=jpg&name=small

TK and DD have the best chemistry on the show as the two men smile at each other, with Bill starting to tease that he'll take him up on that, but then changes course that he's just glad he could help.

Once Bill leaves, Finn promises Taylor and Ridge that he'll answer all their burning questions, but he just needs to see his family now.

They reiterate that they don't know where Steffy is yet, but the kids are here.

A moment later, there's a knock at the door and it's Kelly and Hayes. Kelly is, indeed, SORAS, but Hayes is still a baby.

FY2jQYrXwAEvUtB?format=jpg&name=360x360

Kelly is super thrilled to see stepdaddy Finn and his reunion with the kiddos is adorable.

Finn-kids-bb-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,598

Just look at Tanner's face.

FY2jQYoXwAELDD8?format=jpg&name=360x360

He and Kelly are the pairing I didn't know I needed.

FY2jQYsWIAATrzS?format=jpg&name=360x360

And I am a sucker for a man with a baby.

FY2mquhX0AYtk3x?format=jpg&name=large

Tanner is a RL dad to two and it shows.

FY2sO-ZWAAAqTKk?format=jpg&name=small

Somewhere in Monaco, Steffy opens her heart-shaped locket from a charm bracelet and I don't see her as the charm bracelet or locket type. Anyway, she looks at the pictures of her with Finn and the kids. It's all so terribly depressing and yet, not one tear is mustered up.

Back at the hotel, Hayes is napping and Finn tells Kelly that he missed her like crazy.

Kelly: " “Don’t ever go away again, promise?”

Finn pinky promises with her and again, it's adorable.

Kelly: "Where is Mommy?

Finn: "I'm going to go get her."

Kelly is really cute as she questions him leaving again when he just promised he wouldn't. Kids can be so dang savvy.

Finn: "I have to go get Mommy so that when he returns, they can be a family again."

Taylor provides more reassurance, telling her granddaughter that he'll be right back.

FY2sGevX0Agbiy3?format=jpg&name=small

Before he leaves to find Steffy, Kelly holds out her arms for another hug and he obliges and how cute is that?

Finn asks to borrow a phone (it's not entirely clear why) and then leaves to find his wife.. .

It's more happy, happy, joy, joy at FC and yes, I'm happy for everyone, but getting a bit repetitive so I'm moving on. 

Taylor and Ridge watch as Kelly finishes a drawing she made of her family.

FY2oDyvWQAE7def?format=jpg&name=small

Ridge: "You'll all be a family again, just as soon as mommy and daddy find each other."

Outside, we see Finn arrive at what seems to be the exact spot Steffy was standing at, but the woman he sees is in a different dress, but nice try with the fakeout, TPTB, even as he says her name and she turns around and, of course, they fade to black.  

FY2uS8aWAAAsKib?format=jpg&name=360x360

FY2uS8gXwAMCrWU?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
(edited)

The last couple of weeks the episodes were very well done. I began to look forward to the show each day. After today's episode, I am wondering if it will soon go back to actors sitting around in the same few sets and the repetitive dialogue.  Admittedly, I was half way out the door but the SL and changes brought me back. The scenes with Finn  Bill, kids and even those in LA were fine. Not looking forward to main focus being back on Forresters or on tired old plots.

New: CountryGirl, I loved all of your asides in post before this one. Too many to repeat but I laughed at every one. They were too good not to point out.

Edited by madfortv
Added comment about CountryGirl's post.
  • Love 12

Can I say again how pleasantly surprised I am at how quickly the "everyone discovers Finn is alive" plot has moved?  I thought for sure they'd drag out Li's disorientation at Casa Spencer.

Maybe it was Tanner who pushed for a quick resolution because he's just had it with being in that same room for so long!   🤣🤪

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Besides those fugly ass glasses, I doubt women walk around in spike heels like Steffy's wearing.   She looks like she's dressed to go to a Spanish nightclub.  

That "doctor" sounds like she's speaking with a fake French accent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

There you have it.  Stuffy standing all statuesque with dark sunglasses overlooking the ocean with a pensive look on her face channeling her inner self.  Now we know who’s the true favorite of TIIC. Stuffy is the star and everyone else is just a supporting cast.  Stuffy’s “girl”, after giving birth, are in full bloom and so are her lips.  

Bill left but couldn’t the monkeys with a keyboard give Bill a little more time just to say hello to his granddaughter?  It’s been a while that he hasn’t seen Kelly.  Kelly looks more like Hope is her mom than Stuffy.  

What is Liam going to do now that he doesn’t have to worry about Stuffy?  Or will he?  

• Love 6

I kinda miss asshole Bill. Maybe not dial it back quite so much. Some point between skyscraper days and current.

Are we supposed to forget that Taylor shot Bill? They act like nothing happened.

Why is Taylor still draping herself all over Ridge and hugging and kissing him? Doesn't she understand what being dumped means?

I thought Steffy looked atrocious. Her highlighter alone could send signals to the space station.  And I would have chosen the Priscilla Presley wig to complete the "look."

My opinion of TN has been extensively elevated. Now let's just hope that he doesn't digress to being Steffy's doormat again. He was cute with the kids. Damn it! When is Kelly going to turn out to be Bill's daughter? I was so hoping the SOARSed girl would appear with jet black hair and dark eyes! 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

When it was first revealed that Finn was alive and Li had him, Li said something like how Finn's life had become a hot mess ever since he got involved with Steffy and the Forresters.  That's totally valid, but I'm glad they've dropped it because I was afraid they were going to make Li out to be the villain and Sheila somehow be the hero.  Now we just need Bill's army of lawyers to get Li out of whatever legal trouble she may be in. 

Random observation #1...New Kelly looks a lot like the girl who plays Katie on Y&R.  I wonder if they're sisters?

Random observation #2...I'm sure it's beautiful there in real life, but Monte Carlo doesn't look appealing to me at all.  Just a crowded cluster of ugly dull high-rises.  Not putting that on my bucket list.  (As if it would be in the realm of possibilities...I probably couldn't afford bus fare in Monaco.  Do they even have buses in Monaco?)

Also would like to echo the praise for @CountryGirl's epic, brilliant, and witty re-caps.  It must take forever to put them together, but they look like a labor of love and they are much appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Love 8

That was a nice scene with Bill and Ridge. It was also nice to see Ridge without his head up his ass the whole time.

The kid who plays New Kelly seemed like she genuinely adores Tanner. And she looks like Liam. Good casting. (But I laughed when Liam low-key reminded everyone at FC, and the audience, that Kelly is his daughter and not Finn’s.)

Finn’s reaction to Ridge and Taylor’s effusive joy to see him alive was interesting. He had a freaked out/pained (?) expression at least two times, which I understand with Ridge, but Taylor was being Taylor and even she looked like she picked up on something weird for a split second, which makes me think it was intentional directing. Maybe it was Finn's desperation to see Steffy/the kids, but I wonder if he’s internalizing what Sheila did. I hope he gets to unpack some of what he experienced, rather than the show making it Only About Steffy and keeping Finn oblivious to his own existence.

Speaking of... when is Finn going to drop dead for real from being recently flatlined/comatose, being constantly drugged for days, dragging himself around a fake hospital room + strangling Sheila, flying across the world + apparently not sleeping for the 14-15 hour flight, and now launching a one-man search-and-rescue mission? I mean. It's a lot.

I’m not Steffy’s biggest fan but I don’t hate her. That being said, the dress didn’t fit her (MAJOR sideboob), her hair was fried and oversprayed, and her makeup was completely overdone. None of it was from this decade. Wardrobe and make-up made her look like a try hard who failed hard.

As a less serious comment, poor Finn flew all the way to Monaco, only to end up across the hall from where Sheila confined him. Only now he has Taylor giggling at him. Can’t blame him for immediately leaving and speed walking across France.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Days like today make a slight dent in the endless days of the same dragged out , endless conversations and inaction for weeks or months at a time.

Last great day I remember is the Beth reunion. 

Only another year to go. 

Great, great episode.

• Love 10

Well, that was certainly one sentimental, sappy load of soapy gooeyness; and I loved every minute of it. A good, well written SL deserves a good, well written conclusion. 

BUT....

9 hours ago, dovegrey said:

I hope he gets to unpack some of what he experienced, rather than the show making it Only About Steffy and keeping Finn oblivious to his own existence.

THIS! I fear all the focus will be on Steffy moving forward, and how she can resume her life with her family now that Finn is alive again. At this point, Finn is the one who needs the attention and the care. His body has been through a lot, his psyche has been through a lot, and when he learns that Sheila has yet again escaped, he will be dealing with the stress of wondering where she will strike next. I can clearly see him having PTSD; with nightmares and hallucinations, as he barricades Cliff House for the end of the world. 

Steffy did look a bit um........much, but damn, that girl has one rockin hot bod. Personally, I loved her dress, but didn't find it appropriate for grieving day wear. 

Bill and Ridge in the same room always makes me smile. TK's chemistry with his male colleagues is something to behold, particularly with Bill, but as for the ladies? 

Now Bill needs to go home and help Li. Of all the characters on Show, he will understand her desperation to save Finn. He will understand it and be wowed by it. Now he needs to get out his checkbook and his arsenal of legal advice and clear Li of any wrongdoing, so they can start their romance. 

• Like 6
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Now Bill needs to go home and help Li. Of all the characters on Show, he will understand her desperation to save Finn. He will understand it and be wowed by it. Now he needs to get out his checkbook and his arsenal of legal advice and clear Li of any wrongdoing, so they can start their romance. 

This is more of a general comment on the ramifications Li may be facing... With how the police handled the non-investigation of Finn’s murder, where Ridge and Taylor didn’t even know that he and Steffy didn’t arrive at the restaurant together (which means the police didn’t do even a basic investigation, like talking to witnesses, checking cameras, verifying Finn's work schedule) and IIRC Baker never complained about a missing autopsy/body/coroner’s report, I’ll cry foul if they actually investigate Li and are able to build a case. Maybe if she turns herself in?

Because I'd spin it like this: The attending physician said Finn was dead and had taken him off life support, Li accordingly signed the death certificate (real world handwave) and took her son’s lifeless body for burial wherever the Finnegans came from, and some time after that she realized he was breathing but braindead, so she got him hospice care to die in peace, with no expectation that he would live. Her dictated charting will reflect that he showed no signs of brain activity right up until Sheila found them and ran Li off a bridge; at first opportunity, Li got help. Give Baker a hot dog and all is well in Soapland.

Total speculation, but I think the ramification will be Jack. Finn's last words to him were brutal, then Finn was violently murdered by a person Jack schemed with, and then he wasn't even able to find Finn's grave or his own (ex?) wife. The guy had his entire world disintegrate on lies. And he's not even an afterthought for Li or Finn.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dovegrey said:

This is more of a general comment on the ramifications Li may be facing... With how the police handled the non-investigation of Finn’s murder, where Ridge and Taylor didn’t even know that he and Steffy didn’t arrive at the restaurant together (which means the police didn’t do even a basic investigation, like talking to witnesses, checking cameras, verifying Finn's work schedule) and IIRC Baker never complained about a missing autopsy/body/coroner’s report, I’ll cry foul if they actually investigate Li and are able to build a case. Maybe if she turns herself in?

The investigation part of this SL was full of holes from the outset. Any proper investigation should have revealed who the shooter was, through witness testimony and camera surveillance. Another big hole is Mike Guthrie. How could they have not looked at him a bit harder? He was the only person on duty when Sheila escaped, and they took his statement at face value without doing a deeper dive into his past. Then, even after Chief Lt. Baker was brought up to speed on Mike's history, they did not even put a tail on him. 

In Bell LA the laws that govern our land are stretched to their boundaries, and legalities are often overlooked for plot points. How to forget Felonious Flo being sprung on Ridge's word alone? Sally getting off on Thomas's pleas? And the fact that the police still don't know who shot Bill.  I would not be the least bit surprised to see them go after Li in an effort to overshadow their sloppy work in regard to Sheila. Instead of focusing on finding that loon, they will make a big deal out of Li wanting to save her son. It would be all kinds of wrong, but that is why they would do it. 

And I do wonder how Jack will fit in with this ending, or if he is even going to be part of it. I am sure Finn would not want him around, but there was that one random meeting with Taylor. It felt like they wanted us to know that Jack hasn't been completely written out. But in the end, it does all circle back to Jack, and his bad decisions, so I could see him bearing the mother lode of blame and guilt. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

And I do wonder how Jack will fit in with this ending, or if he is even going to be part of it. I am sure Finn would not want him around, but there was that one random meeting with Taylor. It felt like they wanted us to know that Jack hasn't been completely written out. But in the end, it does all circle back to Jack, and his bad decisions, so I could see him bearing the mother lode of blame and guilt. 

I’m hoping that Finn understands now why Jack essentially stole him from Sheila and kept all of it a lifelong secret. I get the sense that Finn deeply regrets ever meeting her and even knowing about her. I don’t see Li forgiving Jack but I could actually see Finn getting there after all of this. If Finn were to not want Hayes to know about Sheila, then I think he could come to accept why Jack lied to him. I’d love to see a “thank you” scene (for making sure Sheila didn’t raise him)…but also an angry “how long were you waiting for me to turn out like her??” scene. There’s a lot there to mine for a story.

P.S. I’m on my phone and accidentally took out the quote about Li - I hate jail/prison/court storylines so I’m biased LOL. Let’s just get on with BillLi. 😅

• Love 8

So Steffy leaves her rehab facility to walk alone through this town dressed in a crochet dress and high heels. What the hell kind of rehab joint is this? They didn’t even know where she was! And can we please start calling her Stephanie? If I hear NuTay say “Steffy” like she’s 4 years old makes me ill. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, Crashcourse said:

Besides those fugly ass glasses, I doubt women walk around in spike heels like Steffy's wearing.   She looks like she's dressed to go to a Spanish nightclub.  

That "doctor" sounds like she's speaking with a fake French accent.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Who dresses like that to undergo intensive therapy? 

At least it's not this ...

Dorit.jpg

People wear all types of styles during psych inpatient, but strappy heels like the ones Steffy was wearing would definitely not be allowed. I mean, you can't even bring in shoelaces 😂.

23 hours ago, dovegrey said:

The kid who plays New Kelly seemed like she genuinely adores Tanner. And she looks like Liam. Good casting. (But I laughed when Liam low-key reminded everyone at FC, and the audience, that Kelly is his daughter and not Finn’s.)

After you mentioned it, I had to go back to see it again. The fact that it happened right after Eric said that the kids got their father back made it even more hilarious. Aside from that, Finn was basically written as Kelly's father for the whole episode.

As a less serious comment, poor Finn flew all the way to Monaco, only to end up across the hall from where Sheila confined him. Only now he has Taylor giggling at him. Can’t blame him for immediately leaving and speed walking across France.

🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Steffy did look a bit um........much, but damn, that girl has one rockin hot bod. Personally, I loved her dress, but didn't find it appropriate for grieving day wear.

At least it's black, LOL. That's what Gaby from Desperate Housewives said when she showed up to a funeral wearing:

k8j7o5-l-610x610-dress-gabrielle+solis-e

Check the back:

6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

So Steffy leaves her rehab facility to walk alone through this town dressed in a crochet dress and high heels. What the hell kind of rehab joint is this? They didn’t even know where she was! And can we please start calling her Stephanie? If I hear NuTay say “Steffy” like she’s 4 years old makes me ill. 

That place is hella sketchy. Steffy should've did more research. Had she'd been suicidal, she could have already hung herself with her shoes or jumped into a body of water by now.

Edited by Zemiar
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I've always thought her name on the birth cert was Steffy -- to distinguish her from Stephanie.  

Is RJ really Ridge Jr, or is he RJ on the birth cert?

Legally, she is Stephanie Forrester but I am very happy with her being called  Steffy. In no way does she embody her namesake apart from her hatred of all things Logan.

RJ is in fact Ridge Jr.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Maybe I wouldn’t hate hearing her name all of the time if her mother, NuTay, didn’t say it every 3 seconds in such a whiny, sorry and pathetic way. But ick, NuTay.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I can barely tolerate Steffy, barely. I’d pick scenes of Sheila reading the phone book over Steffy doing anything, most days. But, I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a little misty-eyed at the Sinn reunion. 

Now, I’m worried that Deacon is going to try to help Sheila, when he needs to save himself.

Also, I missed $Bill today. I know Friday was a fantastic show, but I was annoyed at Ridge for not even offering $Bill a handshake. I know he had tolerable words, generous, for him, but he’s just such a gigantor douche.

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Didn't Bill and Ridge shake hands on Friday?

Nope, that was Bill and Finn.

Ridge touched Bill's side when he was heading out the door to stop him and he thanked him and said that he was in Bill's doubt, but no significant touching. LOL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Finn & Bill shook hands as Bill was leaving. Taylor, who shot Bill didn’t acknowledge him, but she was busy pawing her son-in-law. When Bill announced that he was leaving (without seeing his granddaughter, who’s been out-of-the-country for weeks), Ridge touched his side/stomach & said “Bill, I owe you.” Bill started to be a smartass, then stopped mid-sentence & said he was just glad he could help. I was just glad to see him on screen, bring the hero. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8

I’m side eying that Taylor didn’t recognize that lady looked nothing like her daughter. Also not digging the snakeskin fanny pack. 
Also, anyone else wondering what Deacon was writing about with the book and notepad? 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Now that Deacon absolutely sees how absolutely nuts Sheila is… is turning her into the officers that are literally knocking on his door really a stumper? Or is he going to somehow hide her, because he's afraid the police won't believe that he wasn't harboring her?

Also not a huge Steffy fan, but I actually felt bad for her when she saw Finn in the distance. He would have seemed like a full-blown hallucination, and that's exactly how she physically reacted to him. I think it'd be hard to ever go back to normal with someone after thinking they were dead for months (and, uh, watching that person choke on their own blood and say goodbye), and I wonder how the show is going to play it for both of them. Other than that, I’m disappointed that JMW couldn’t spare any tears again. Maybe tomorrow.

I LOL'd when Finn visibly couldn't have cared any less about Flavia.

44 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

BTW, as the world's smalles principality, with an area of 0.8 square miles, Monaco is smaller than most of our neighborhoods. 

Should have taken no more than thirteen minutes to find Steffy.

It kinda did only take 13 minutes, though. 😂

I have a bigger problem with Finn being physically able to navigate the town without any trouble; all the steps, inclines, and declines should be absolutely brutal for a person who could barely walk without grabbing things for support, what, 20 hours ago (at best). These dense mountain villages are built like intestines and take stamina.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Of course that wasn’t Stuffy. Why not drag it on a few more hours or days. Isn’t Stuffy supposed to be depressed but that doesn’t stop her from putting on her makeup and get a manicure.  Does this well regarded facility not only allows patients to roam the city but they don’t have to return at night?  

Excuse me but did the storeroom at the restaurant where Deacon lived got bigger or did he get an apartment very close to the restaurant?  Deacon, you should have never let Shiela in.  Beside, Chief Hot Dog is not all that smart so how did he know that Shiela could be in Deacon’s apartment?  

TIIC’s favorite go to scene was at the conclusion of today’s episode with the lovers running into each others arms. Once again Miracle Max works his magic for True Love. Not only was FrankenFinn able to run around the city after being half dead but he was able to pick up Stuffy as she was in his arms. 

• Love 8

Finn was moving and shaking pretty good for a guy that was bedridden very recently. I guess the facility Steffy is at is very high end and you grieve and have therapy in dresses and heels. Which you also wear for long reflective walks.

Dear sweet baby Jesus, please give Deacon the strength to turn Shelia in and not compromise his own freedom.

• Love 10

When Ridge showed his phone to those women and asked them if they'd seen Steffy, I thought one of them said, "Is he rich?", as in, "how deed zhat hobo get into our lovely Snootylandia?  I must have a word with Albert about zhe lax securitee at zee border crossing."   But I think she actually recognized the famous Forrester and said, "Is he Ridge?"  I like my version better.

The looks on Deacon's face were pretty priceless when Sheila was spewing her delusions.  He knows she's batcrap crazy, and he promised both Hope and his new crush Taylor that he would call the police if Sheila tried to contact him.  C'mon, Deacon, do the right thing.  Just open the door and hand her over.  You owe her nothing.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

he promised both Hope and his new crush Taylor that he would call the police if Sheila tried to contact him.  C'mon, Deacon, do the right thing.  Just open the door and hand her over.  You owe her nothing.   

This. This I need to happen, so of course it won't and he'll probably help that psycho. I want Deacon to stick around and not get into trouble for helping Sheila. I want him to pursue Taylor to drive Ridge insane. And I want Taylor to finally walk away from the hobo and take a chance with Deacon. Listen I know Taylor is a pain in the arse and not a favorite of many around here but I'd rather watch her with Deacon (or Jack), than cooing over Ridge. I'd like Brooke to be set free of Ridge too, but alas I don't think that is evah going to happen permanently.

I now also need some Quarter and !BillLi!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Well, just going to own it; I teared up just a little bit. 

Props to JMW for being able to run in shoes that I would barely be able to walk in.

Ah Deacon, you should never have let her in. Now you are in a no win situation; if you open the door, it doesn't matter what you say, you will be charged with harboring a fugitive. If you don't open the door, or manage to somehow hide Sheila, then you will never be rid of her, and if you do kick her out, she will strike back, finding some way to fuck up your parole.

• Love 12

Oh, Deacon, you dumb dumb. There goes any flirtation you had with Taylor. 

Sheila needs to be done already. She is boring. Her delusions aren't fun anymore. 

Taylor saying a mothers intuition isn't like GPS made me laugh. 

JMW played shell shocked well. Especially when Taylor was taking those (dumb) pics. 

• Love 8

I hope Deacon went straight to the police and told them the truth, that Sheila came to him, he left, but she might still be there.  That's his only way out of this mess. 

Edited by Crashcourse
Oops, I meant Sheila
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Steffy is all kinds of messed up. For Steffy’s sake, the World Renowned Psychiatrist might have considered that a better plan would have been for Taylor or Ridge to find her, sit her down, gently tell her that Finn survived, have her listen to his voicemails, and then have the two meet up. It wouldn't have "fixed" Steffy and everything they've both gone through, but she thinks she's hallucinating, and the shock of just suddenly seeing him alive out of absolute nowhere was too much of a jolt to her system. But I guess Finn crashing through Steffy's wall like the Kool-Aid man on speed makes a great "happily ever after" love story for Taylor's social media (WTF with that photo, Taylor).

Very, very, very tired of Sheila. Someone needs to push her off a steep cliff for the next five years.

I'm happy that Finn thought of his dad. That's a reunion and sit-down that I hope the writers don't skip over. (Though for as much talking as all these characters do, nothing is ever really said, so maybe not.)

I feel like we’re going to be hearing “Finn is ALIVE! He and Steffy are TOGETHER! It's so WONDERFUL!” through Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I thought TIIC love Stuffy. So why are they allowing her to cry in sunlight exposing all that Botox in her face.  

Where are the kids?  Stuffy you weren’t so worried about the kids when you were roaming around the city. 

Where is Justin and Bill’s helicopter?  I think it’s time for Ridge to be dropped once again in the ocean and this time take Taylor with him holding hands.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I hope Deacon turns in Shelia. I don’t mind her in small doses but she’s ready for a time out again. 
Waldo, I thought the same thing when Steffy was crying in the outdoor light. The fillers seem to make ugly criers. 
I also need a Ridge and Taylor break. He seems to like her better than Brooke right now. 

• Love 8