Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I do understand and agree that it really wasn't Hope's place to try to manage the lives of Liam, Steffy, Kelly and Phobeth -- regardless of her mental health state. OTOH, Liam and Steffy certainly didn't have to acquiesce to Hope's wishes. Liam, Brooke, even Steffy could have tried to convince Hope to get professional help. Even if Hope refused, Liam should have moved into a place of his own and visited Steffy and the girls when it was convenient. So, I put a lot of blame on Liam for digressing to his rudderless ship role. And he had come so far ...  

This just confirms why I don't believe in the great love of Liam/Hope.  The only way they ended up back in this situation was because of Hope and Liam's choices.  I understand Liam tried for a long time to make his marriage to Hope work, and this is mostly on Hope, but Liam didn't have to move in with Steffy.

As for Steffy, she is still a card carrying member of the club of the women on this soap who have no self-respect or dignity at all.  Sad.

43 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Thomas Thomas Thomas, being creepy in front of Brooke is not a good idea.  

If Thomas would snap and kill Brooke, I would forgive him for a lot of his transgressions.  It won't happen though, and this is one of the problems with today's soaps.  There was a time when soaps could fool you or pull out a last minute twist that worked, made sense, and made the story better.  Those days are long gone.

10 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

OMG!  So much shut up to go around today.

Yet another person who says Hope needs to know the truth right now.  So pick up the damn phone, and tell her.  While you are at it tell Liam and Steffy to because they also deserve to know the truth.  I realize it might be better to give this news in person, but these people aren't capable of doing that.  The brain dead morons can't even send a text.

Hope make up your damn mind.  Hope's waffling is getting almost as annoying as Liam's.  Beth's death isn't the reason Liam and Hope aren't together.  Hope is.  Hope is the one who bailed.

Thomas put up or shut up.  Please kill Emma, Xander, and Zoe today.  None of them can act, and I can't decide who is worse Emma or Zoe.  Wooden Xander is horrible, but he is still a better actor than those two idiots.  Kill Flo to.  One serial killer, four idiots.

JMW and KKL look horrible.  JMW has destroyed her face (why do women in Hollywood keep doing this?)

Even though that would be too tidy, I would like evilThomas to be a serial killer.  Kill 'em, all. Everyone in his path!  Every soap has a murder mystery.  Have one of those stories and enough with this "the girls, the girls" shitty story.

• Love 6
(edited)

Tomorrow is the big annual B&B fan event in Burbank! If anyone is able to go, please let us know how the backlash from the fans is received by Brad Bell to this interminable, repetitive, despicable, heartbreaking, mean-spririted storyline.

I wonder if the fans (if there are any left) have to sign non-disclosure agreements upon entering.

They've known now for at least 4 months how badly this storyline is being received by the fans, easily giving them enough time to have changed course by now.  This means they know the fans are disgusted but they don't care.  They're going to stick to the schedule of one more character learning the truth each week and DOING NOTHING.

Next week, after Pammy finds out, Thomas steals her Lemon Bar recipe and threatens to release it on Twitter causing her to go off her meds and keep quiet.  A week later, she confesses to Charlie, who confronts Thomas, who holds him at bay with his finger on the SEND key.

Edited by ChiefWiggum9-1-2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, ChiefWiggum9-1-2 said:

Next week, after Pammy finds out, Thomas steals her Lemon Bar recipe and threatens to release it on Twitter causing her to go off her meds and keep quiet.  A week later, she confesses to Charlie, who confronts Thomas, who holds him at bay with his finger on the SEND key.

I'd actually watch this over what they're currently airing 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Yet another day with so much STFU to go around.  How can these people talk, talk, talk, and never say anything?

Spoiler

Did they really go there with Thomas?  It's not some stupid fantasy sequence?  Because if it really happened that might somewhat salvage this SL.

Amazing, I am once again missing RM as Ridge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

nuThomas has beady eyes. That's been my take away about nutty Thomas.

My daughters and I miss "The Flipper" - Adam Gregory. They gave him that nickname as he looked like he was wearing a flipper on his front teeth. I think he is my favorite Thomas. I appreciate NuThomas' biceps, though, beady eyes or not. Ahem.

MV5BNzU4MDQ2NDEwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg4

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 3

At least someone could make the argument that Steffy acted in self defense re: Aly. If Aly acted that way towards any other character who wasn't as shitty at 2015 Steffy was I think history would be less kind to her memory. 

But there's no such ambiguity here, there's not even a "slight worse" element like when he firebombed Rick's car when he was using Steffy and they wisely did not hide or dance around it like they did with the bullshit misunderstanding that wasn't. This was straight up deliberate. 

I'm still shocked they've Adam Newman'd Ridge's oldest son like this, however. How is his character going to survive this? I know charm and charisma can go far in this genre but this current actor is no Michael "Stay of Execution from Maria Bell" Muhney. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

OTOH, this is literally the first new script we've gotten since January 4th... like, it felt like the plot was moving forward for the first time all year, and I'm here for that, at least (and for Emma shooting a text to Hope letting her know she was on her way, unlike the rest of these morons). 

Can't believe she half-way redeemed herself on the way out but I won't miss her when this story wraps in 2145 when Liam Spencer VIII and Brooke Spectra-Marone-Carter-Forrester discover the truth was somehow preserved in a holographic message Zoe recorded on her deathbed fifty years from now. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

OTOH, this is literally the first new script we've gotten since January 4th... like, it felt like the plot was moving forward for the first time all year, and I'm here for that, at least (and for Emma shooting a text to Hope letting her know she was on her way, unlike the rest of these morons). 

Can't believe she half-way redeemed herself on the way out but I won't miss her when this story wraps in 2145 when Liam Spencer VIII and Brooke Spectra-Marone-Carter-Forrester discover the truth was somehow preserved in a holographic message Zoe recorded on her deathbed fifty years from now. 

Anna, you’ve won the entire internet today!!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

STFU, Ridge. You've never had Hope's best interests at heart. Especially not before the wants of your spoiled, entitled kids. You are going to look like such an a$$clown when the truth comes out.

Did I just hear Zoe hope God would help Thomas stop Emma from getting to Hope? You can die now too, Zoe, you worthless piece of trash. Go enjoy getting barbecued in hell. ☠

I think Emma simply should've told Thomas he was right, she'd keep her mouth shut just like Zoe, Flo, and Xander did. Sadly, her righteousness was her ultimate downfall.

Ditto comments upthread, Thomas just moved into the unredeemable column AFAIC. I don't see how he comes back from vehicular homicide. Thing is though, no one will know it was him unless he confesses.

• Love 13

I’m sick and tired of hearing Stuffy is the only mother PhoBeth has ever known. She’s only 6 months old. The only thing PhoBeth knows is that she’s hungry or she’s wet.  

I’ll give 2 to 1 odds that Emma could beat the shit out of Thomas if push came to shove. 

Thomas, Emma, Zoey, and Xander 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮💩💩💩💩

Ridge is lower than 🐳💩.  I guess he forgave Thomas for Caroline because he’s now a fine young man and a good person. 🐂💩

Ok, its not the Stuffy pushing Ivy into the electrical board but its the Stuffy tire iron to Ivy’s head play.  Well, sort of.  Come on TIIC, have the balls to keep Emma alive and blow up Thomas’ plan. This way the beady eyed son of a bastard doesn’t win. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Come on TIIC, have the balls to keep Emma alive and blow up Thomas’ plan. This way the beady eyed son of a bastard doesn’t win. 

Maybe Emma will play dead and then come twirling back in to tell everyone what Thomas did. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Of course, they never actually showed Thomas in the car behind her. They could recon the story that it was somebody else and Thomas came upon the “accident” afterwards. That said, I had forgotten that Steffy “killed” Aly. How many people know the truth about that? It’s was a shame they got rid of the actress who played Aly. Granted, when she got OTT it was ridiculous but she started out as a shy teen & then blossomed in to a smart and pretty girl. I remember her in some some love story and they were swimming in a pool. I can’t recall the actor or character though. Anyhoo, watch out for those Forrester kids. They drive and kill people. No questions asked. LOL!!!!!

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Emma simply should've told Thomas he was right, she'd keep her mouth shut just like Zoe, Flo, and Xander did.

WHY do soap characters always threaten to do something?  It's always their downfall.  Yep, just say, yeah, you're right, I'll keep my mouth shut, THEN tell!

2 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Maybe Emma will play dead and then come twirling back in to tell everyone what Thomas did. 

LOL!!  Maybe she can do a singing, dancing telegram 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I remember her in some some love story and they were swimming in a pool. I can’t recall the actor or character though.

Oliver!  He was the Forrester photographer and he was taking underwater shots of her.  She looked amazing.

ETA Oliver is also the one Brooke accidentally boinked at Hope's graduation party.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Oh, my gosh. I wish y’all would quit bringing up the fact that Brooke boinked Oliver at Hope’s graduation party. It’s bad enough that she “mistook” her daughter’s boyfriend for HER HUSBAND but she actually thought it was acceptable to boink her husband at her daughter’s party! What the hell is wrong with this woman who presents herself as a paragon of virtue now. Take ten steps back, Brooke, and take that snake of a husband with you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Oh please, Show. Pretty please with sugar on top.  And could it be during the "does anyone know ..." moment in the Thope wedding?.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I remember her in some some love story and they were swimming in a pool. I can’t recall the actor or character though.

That would've been Oliver.He was the only boyfriend she had. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

she actually thought it was acceptable to boink her husband at her daughter’s party!

I'm embarrassed to say, I never thought about that LOL

• LOL 3

Raise your hand if you believe that Brooke prepares fried chicken dinners for Ridge. I recall that she can barely make a sandwich because Rick had to make his own, even when he was battling "paralysis." /eyeroll  

I absolutely can't stand that querulous voice that Zoe and Lippy break out when they are trying to act emotional. Egads ... it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Thomas and Douglas need to switch homes with Hope. I am very worried about her alone in that dark cabin with Thomas lurking about.  I think if she were home under Brooke's watchful eye, it would be easier to keep Thomas at bay. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

If Emma calmly steps out during “does anyone have any reason why there 2 shouldn’t be married?” at Hope and Thomas wedding I’d scream. 

This show can’t do a twist or OG soapy goodness to save it’s life. I have to think it’s Bradley’s laziness since he’s the head writer and producer and because he’s rich AF from his parents, this show  & syndication.  It’s kinda embarrassing when you compare his story and commitment to production to his parents glory years. 

To those who brought it up Aly was a legacy character destroyed to prop the alter of Steffy since this show has no use for anyone outside of triangles duJour. She was Thorne’s only child and Eric’s granddaughter. The actress was pretty good and a real life model. Her magazine ads are stunning and editorial even though she was a nerd on B&B.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Also, Emma deserves to be killed off because that actress can’t act whatsoever. The confrontation scenes between her & Thomas were cringe worthy. With her scrunching up face and horrible acting I was hoping she was going to be killed in the office with Thomas “accidentally” pushing her and her hitting her head on the desk. Unfortunately, the annoying Pam came in and then I wanted Thomas to kill her. I am curious if Thomas will kill someone else to cover this up. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Raise your hand if you believe that Brooke prepares fried chicken dinners for Ridge. I recall that she can barely make a sandwich because Rick had to make his own, even when he was battling "paralysis." /eyeroll  

Brooke's mother was a caterer. She used to help Beth at her job. That's literally how she and Ridge met. 

I buy this stupid fact that she can't cook even less than her stupid reason for not telling Ridge and Oliver apart. 😐

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’ll give 2 to 1 odds that Emma could beat the shit out of Thomas if push came to shove. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If Emma calmly steps out during “does anyone have any reason why there 2 shouldn’t be married?” at Hope and Thomas wedding I’d scream. 

Can we combine these two? Emma steps out at the wedding to beat the shit out of Thomas at the altar? Emma is a Barber so she does draw from the same gene pool as Drucilla Winters. 

Is there any reason not to believe that the twist to this story will be ala DOOL and Thomas will rip off his face to reveal he’s Sheila and that she has the real Thomas stashed somewhere? Framing Taylor’s son and gaslighting Brooke’s daughter to get revenge on both women are plausible motives. Would make about as much sense as Thomas’s motives now.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Also, Emma deserves to be killed off because that actress can’t act whatsoever. The confrontation scenes between her & Thomas were cringe worthy. With her scrunching up face and horrible acting I was hoping she was going to be killed in the office with Thomas “accidentally” pushing her and her hitting her head on the desk. Unfortunately, the annoying Pam came in and then I wanted Thomas to kill her. I am curious if Thomas will kill someone else to cover this up. 

I thought Emma looked very pretty today but my God she was acting with her nose.....wrinkling & scrunching and that was all I could see...

But I love the idea of her breaking up the wedding of Hope & Beady Eyes..

...yes that freaking Pam is the most annoying character ever and I think  she's there for comic relief (😱) but she's not funny !!!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

Pam is the most annoying character ever and I think  she's there for comic relief (😱 )

Pam should've exit stage right once her and Steph's mother bit the dust. She was never designed to be a long term comic relief and as much as I love Ally Mills, I'm sure her salary doesn't come cheap...I'd rather have more young men for Steffy, Hope and Sally to mix it up with. Eric III is still out there, as is Jack Marone, Dino, Logan Knight and it's been long enough for Zende to have divorced that drippy snowball of a human being Nicole to come back into play. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m sick and tired of hearing Stuffy is the only mother PhoBeth has ever known. She’s only 6 months old. The only thing PhoBeth knows is that she’s hungry or she’s wet.  

Actually, babies bond with their mother/caretaker from the very beginning which is why when the idiots first started having this same god damned conversation MONTHS ago, they should have told the truth.  The longer this drags on the more painful it will be for everyone (not just Hope), including Phoebe/Beth.

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I'm on board with Thomas taking out as many of these useless characters as possible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It’s true they bond and those moments can never be gotten back. But Show is acting like Steffy is the only mother Phoebes had and being separated would damage her irrevocably and that’s pure clownery. My grandfather and HS best friend were adopted past being a year old and I spent a lot of time away from my mother as a baby, not everyone remembers it or cares even right after. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Pam should've exit stage right once her and Steph's mother bit the dust. She was never designed to be a long term comic relief and as much as I love Ally Mills, I'm sure her salary doesn't come cheap...I'd rather have more young men for Steffy, Hope and Sally to mix it up with. Eric III is still out there, as is Jack Marone, Dino, Logan Knight and it's been long enough for Zende to have divorced that drippy snowball of a human being Nicole to come back into play. 

But they dress her nice. I don’t see too many woman dressed like her in real life but there’s something about it that I like. Maybe, it the dresses, the soft colors or it might just be the pearls. It might help if you have a nice figure like Ally Mills. I lived her on Wonder Years. 

• Love 2

Thomas is a class A CREEP!

And a Class B felon. So far. He could graduate to Class A if he straight up murders somebody. We've got our fingers crossed for you, Tom! 😑 Make your mommy and daddy proud!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It’s true they bond and those moments can never be gotten back. But Show is acting like Steffy is the only mother Phoebes had and being separated would damage her irrevocably and that’s pure clownery. My grandfather and HS best friend were adopted past being a year old and I spent a lot of time away from my mother as a baby, not everyone remembers it or cares even right after. 

Also, I'm a vet and I've had other sailors tell me the separations are far harder on older kids than younger ones. The babies are far more flexible so long as they're being fed and clothed and diapers changed. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And a Class B felon. So far. He could graduate to Class A if he straight up murders somebody. We've got our fingers crossed for you, Tom! 😑 Make your mommy and daddy proud!

Most of the characters on this show are despicable anyway.  I really want Thomas to tell Ridge, Taylor and Brooke he doesn't understand what they are so upset about.  He was just following his destiny, and doing everything he could to get who he wanted.  To which, Ridge and Brooke respond, we never killed anyone (which is not true), Taylor remains silent (because why open up that can of worms), and Thomas will say, "How was I supposed to know there were limits on what I could do to get what I wanted."

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Also, I'm a vet and I've had other sailors tell me the separations are far harder on older kids than younger ones. The babies are far more flexible so long as they're being fed and clothed and diapers changed. 

If they continue to drag this out, Kelly and Phoebe/Beth WILL be older children.  It's not just the criminal element, and that is bad enough.  The longer this goes on, the harder it will be on everyone including the children.  That's why there is a time limit on when people can change their minds about adoption (legal adoption that is), and try to get their kids back.

Thomas is a straight up psycho (I think), but Zoe and Flo are self-serving hos (actually they are selfish criminals trying to save their own asses, but I liked the rhyme).

Edited by TigerLynx
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

To which, Ridge and Brooke respond, we never killed anyone (which is not true)

Actually, of all Brooke's sins, murder is not one of them...and that's a point in her favor considering what she's put up with from Stephanie and Taylor over the years. 😂

9 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Thomas will say, "How was I supposed to know there were limits on what I could do to get what I wanted."

Honestly, it's a somewhat valid question considering the enabling Taylor especially has done on his behalf. Try to murder Rick? Well, he was dating Steffy so it's okay! Kiss Brooke on stage? Well, it's Brooke, the slut from the valley was trying to seduce him anyway! I mean, even Ridge, a grown ass man nearing his 60s, had the gall to pull that card when confronted about his macking on Quinn, so why shouldn't Thomas as well? He has a far better case for it IMO. [/sarcasm] 

I'll say it again: if Bell wants out the business, he should be in the process of grooming a successor (preferably not anyone of the four yahoos that have killed Y&R over the past 15 years) or just have the decency to wrap it up. But as much as I rip on B&B, I wouldn't still be here discussing it nearly every day for the last 13 years if I didn't care and enjoy it. I didn't love ATWT nearly as much as this show and it still angers and sadden me how deliberately that series was tanked on the way out. I do t want that for this show, even if the Hope baby story has far surpassed Ridge and Bridget as the worst plot ever done on the show.

ETA:

Thomas is a straight up psycho (I think), but Zoe and Flo are self-serving hos (actually they are selfish criminals trying to save their own asses, but I liked the rhyme).

Yep, which is why they're by far the weakest links in this. Like I said a month ago, their only motivation is staying out of prison, but who cares if either of them fucks off? Amber was trying to protect her financial investment relationship with Rick, who she had gotten feelings for; Adam Newman wanted to cover his ass but also stick it to Daddy; Paul, Emily and Meg each had a personal stake in keeping Johnny from Jen.

Most importantly, these were all characters that the audience had an investment in wondering how they'd all get out of this mess, not glorified interns the audience already resented from day one. Xander was rendered useless the moment Karla Mosley was given her walking papers and Nia Whats her face could take some acting direction from Charity Rahmer. If this was a way to build their stock, Bell needn't have bothered ; they could just poof away the way Nick Marone did once B&B decided his salary demands no longer justified his continued presence and not one person would give a shit. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Actually, of all Brooke's sins, murder is not one of them...and that's a point in her favor considering what she's put up with from Stephanie and Taylor over the years. 😂

I said killed, not murdered.  Macy and Brooke were responsible for the truck driver's death.  Macy was driving so she was more culpable.  Macy left the cabin to get away from Brooke.  Brooke jumped in the passenger's seat, and was demanding Macy sign divorce papers.  They were arguing, Macy lost control of the car, and they crashed.

Brooke gave as good as she got when it came to Taylor.  Brooke is not and has not ever been an innocent victim.  If Ridge was still married to Taylor, Brooke would still be stripping down to her underwear begging Ridge to have sex with her.  When that didn't work, Brooke would screw Bridget's husband to try to make herself feel better.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Actually, babies bond with their mother/caretaker from the very beginningcky

I am another baby that was sent away to someone who was very loving to take care of me when I was an infant.

Because my mother was working.

I was lucky.

• Love 4

Finally saw Friday's show and I'm going to give the actress who plays Emma a pass because a) she was speaking the truth and b) things are finally starting to move with this story. (Actually she wasn't that bad. I've seen worse over the years.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

Finally saw Friday's show and I'm going to give the actress who plays Emma a pass because a) she was speaking the truth and b) things are finally starting to move with this story. (Actually she wasn't that bad. I've seen worse over the years.)

Fair enough on point B. It's the first time I've been genuinely entertained by this show all year in a way unrelated to SC and AN squeezing blood from this crusty, dried up turnip of a story, so I'll take it.

Like I said earlier, kudos for her not biting or falling for any of these stupid lies that Zoe has been telling herself or being intimidated by Thomas and actually shoot Hope a text msg saying she was on her way to the house. I wish she'd written 'baby is alive' with it but of all the characters, she's the only one whose albeit few neurons have been firing so hey, I guess her cringy dancing and whiny relationship stuff last year finally paid off if her death puts an end to this.

• Love 3

I've fast forwarded 99.5% of the Emma, Zoe, Xander scenes since they appeared - especially once it was clear that Xander was not going to connect to Maya's past or that Emma wasn't going to affect Justin's screen time much. So I guess it's easier for me. 🙂 

• Love 2

I wonder if there will be a memorial service for Emma and if it will be held at Eric's house. I'd like to see how they explain that connection. "Emma was a valued intern at FC, blah, blah, blah ..."  It really should be held at Bill's house since Emma was Justin's niece. (I am getting way ahead of myself. LOL!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3