Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Quinn and Ridge enter the house today and Quinn orders Sheila out of the house. Sheila says" No". Huh? She has no right to stay in that house without the owners consent. Man alive. That woman has some balls. I cannot stand the character or the actress that plays her. 

• Love 13

Coco needs to sit her narrow ass all the way down.  Who the fuck does she think she is?  Oh, that's right, she thinks she's a Forrester because she's snogging Slouchy.  Coco should remember that the Forresters were going to cut her loose.  Sally raised her and has practically gone down on her knees begging Coco to forgive her.  Coco needs to remember that she's a fucking INTERN. 

Are Sally and Thomas going to have the same conversation FOREVER?  They've been on a continuous loop for weeks.  Why don't they shut up, sit down and do some damn designing?

I am so over Sheila and KB.  She might be part of B&B's glory days but those days are in the past.  Sheila and KB's style of acting are old and tired and I am bone tired of watching her.  It makes no sense for anyone to give a woman they know as a dangerous psychopath the time of day.  I can't believe that staying away from the people she's hurt wouldn't be part of her parole.  Eric needs to get Captain Hotdog on the line.

The best punishment for Ridge and Quinn is to live with their guilty secret.  Telling Eric will only clear their conscience, it won't help Eric.  Not to mention that Brooke, Katie and Ivy will all suffer too.  Eric is going to feel hurt and betrayed by his whole family.  Ridge and Quinn need to remember that 'loose lips sink ships'.

• Love 18

I couldn't believe my eyes (and ears) today when Slouchy gave Coco a gift bag and she pulled out a tacky stars and stripes bikini top. WTG dufus! What a way to celebrate being a new couple. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it? (I will give props though that TK's Ridge has never handed out gifts of sleazy lingerie like RM's Ridge did to Brooke all the time.) That was just tasteless and stupid and seemed like an unsuccessful ploy to trick the audience into perceiving Slouchy as being older than he actually is. That stupid new haircut just made him looked younger than IRL.  Epic fail.

Ditto. I am tired of hearing the same old lines from Sally and Thomas. OK. We get it. Sally is grateful. Thomas needs to stick it to his family. They are in love. Move. on. "NOW" (said in threatening Sheila voice.)

I thought the scene with JMc and KB was good today. I could feel the struggle for Sheila to recognize that she was coming off exactly as she did 20+ years ago but this time she was telling the truth. If KB/Sheila seems dated my interpretation is of somebody who's been locked away in prison for a very long time and is trying to adjust to the outside world. My question is now that she's successfully outed Quinn and Ridge, what next? I also get a good laugh at how she's been dressed the past few days in that snakeskin print jacket. (Although I do like the look.)

• Love 13
(edited)

This thing with Ridge and Quinn, with Sheila added to the mix, is hard to watch. Not liking it at all. Honestly, Sheila hasn't added all that much to the show yet other than nostalgia. I guess she freed Katie from having to expose Quidge, so there's that but she has no job, no money, she's not a designer - what are they going to do with her now? (ETA: what did Sheila do when she was on before?)

I also thought the bikini gift scene was unappealing.  (RJ, to clarify. He thinks he's a player. Ick. OTOH, I can believe he's Ridge's son there.) 

2nd ETA:

Eric's reaction was great and heartbreaking at the same time, given what the audience knows. This is exactly why Brooke, Katie, Ivy, and even Charlie folded - none of them wanted to do this to Eric.   

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

This thing with Ridge and Quinn, with Sheila added to the mix, is hard to watch. Not liking it at all. Honestly, Sheila hasn't added all that much to the show yet other than nostalgia. I guess she freed Katie from having to expose Quidge, so there's that but she has no job, no money, she's not a designer - what are they going to do with her now? (ETA: what did Sheila do when she was on before?)

I also thought the bikini gift scene was unappealing. 

Sheila is a nurse. (Yes, that is the height of irony.)

I was glad Coco didn't put on the bikini and instead gave RJ a "seriously?" look. It was refreshing. A lot of other girls on the show would have gladly put the stupid thing on (Steffy, Sally, Brooke...).

Edited by Videnbas
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Videnbas said:

Sheila is a nurse. (Yes, that is the height of irony.)

I was glad Coco didn't put on the bikini and instead gave RJ a "seriously?" look. It was refreshing. A lot of other girls on the show would have gladly put the stupid thing on (Steffy, Sally, Brooke...).

Ah, then I'm surprised she hasn't saved anyone's life yet but I guess there's time. :-) 

I should clarify that I thought RJ was gross, giving her a cheesy bikini and wanting to photograph her in it. Her response gave me hope for the character.  

• Love 7
On 6/30/2017 at 5:47 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Since KB has signed a one year contract, we have to live with Insane Sheila for that amount of time.

Not necessarily so.  It just means KB is contracted for that length of time.  All soaps have a proviso in actor contracts that dictate production can end a contract at any time for any reason.  So the second Brad Bell thinks Sheila isn't working out, she's out.  Personally, I hope she works out, I stop FFing when I see her face pop up.

• Love 5

RJ wants to be a photographer?  Coco should have been in the photo shoot?  ?Coco needs a beeping mug of STFU. My respect for Coco is falling fast in my book.  Thomas and Sally has done absolutely nothing wrong. Would Coco be that judgmental to the Foresters if she knew about all their transgressions.  RJ is truly his father's name sake as to being a pig in trying to get the truly virtuous choir girl to wear a bikini.  If that ridiculous kissing between Coco and RJ is a prelude to more, I will have a bad case of the shits. 

Eric doesn't believe Sheila but he allows her to stand there and expound on accusations.  Are they going to allow her to stick around for the floor show?  We will see?  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/3/2017 at 9:27 PM, Artsda said:

Rick is the head of International and is stuck at the back with Carter (why is he even in the shoot?) and Nicole?

Speaking of Nicole, I guess she got over "not being with Lizzie 24/7 means you don't give a crap about her" since she didn't stay behind to babysit.

32 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Are they going to allow her to stick around for the floor show?

I just love Sheila's declaration of "I'm not going anywhere."  Eric should have gotten himself on the phone with Lt Hotdog...then watched Sheila scurry outta there like a rodent.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I just love Sheila's "I'm not going anywhere" line.  Get yourself on the phone with Lt Hotdog & watch Sheila scurry outta there like a rodent.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about the ongoing RO against Sheila.  I'm kind of wishing that Sheila's old sidekick Mike Guthrie would turn up.  They were great together, especially with Mike's unrequited pining away for Sheila.

I see that Nicole is no longer sporting the "baby rabies" wig of horror.  I wonder if that was a special "look" for that SL?

Speaking of styling, Sheila's wardrobe has now overtaken Sally's as most expensive. That snakeskin jacket rings up at just a hair under $1200.

• Love 10

It is ludicrous that Quinn and Ridge are explaining themselves in front of Sheila! Throw her out and just come clean to Eric, if you have to.

is Slouchy even old enough to drive??

• Love 14
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It is ludicrous that Quinn and Ridge are explaining themselves in front of Sheila! Throw her out and just come clean to Eric, if you have to.

He was 16 when cast about eight months ago, so yeah.

Also, didn't they do this story with Amber and Rick? He was upgrading, crashed the car and Amber gave him one of her kidneys.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

He was 16 when cast about eight months ago, so yeah.

Also, didn't they do this story with Amber and Rick? He was upgrading, crashed the car and Amber gave him one of her kidneys.

Evidently, the EPA's Man of the Century is determined to recycle yet another storyline.  As an added bonus, if gives Sludge an opportunity to be in Brooke's orbit yet again.

Oh, joy.

• Love 5
(edited)

Very important story for teens with texting and driving. That said, do teens even watch soaps? I thought that stopped in the 80's in high school and the college campuses. I'm probably showing my age. Anyhoo, I don't really need to see a teen storyline involving texting and driving. I want my soaps to be soaps and not a PSA.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Oh, that's right. I forgot about the ongoing RO against Sheila. 

Actually I forgot about that too.  I wasn't even thinking in terms of a restraining order, just the fact that someone is refusing to leave your house after repeated attempts at telling them to leave.

23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't really need to see a teen storyline involving texting and driving.

From what I see on the road, an adult texting while driving PSA storyline would be appropriate!

• Love 11
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Very important story for teens with texting and driving. That said, do teens even watch soaps? I thought that stoppedin the 80's in high school and the cologe campuses. I'm probably showing my age. Anyhoo, I don't really need to see a teen storyline involving texting and driving. I want my soaps to be soaps and not a PSA.

I'm 31 and soap viewership was in decline even in my high school days. I was the only one of my friends who watched B&B as her main show; everyone else was into Days or Passions. By the time I joined the Navy and would tune in to Y&R on the good ol' Armed Forces Network, I had many a sailor express surprise that the show was still on the air.

Frankly, I'm astonished that Y&R was given a three year renewal recently. Even with Phelps and Pratthole being shown the door and the current team getting mixed to warm reviews, rating still are falling.

But yeah, I don't worry about impressionable teens getting wrong messages from this show. Can't get bad messages if you don't know the show is even on the air.

reece.jpg

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Very important story for teens with texting and driving. That said, do teens even watch soaps? I thought that stoppedin the 80's in high school and the cologe campuses. I'm probably showing my age. Anyhoo, I don't really need to see a teen storyline involving texting and driving. I want my soaps to be soaps and not a PSA.

Amen to that.  Given that Maya's transgender storyline was treated like an ABC After School Special, I have no expectations whatsoever that this will be treated any differently.  It's always bugged me that Maya lied by omission and commission about the most basic thing about herself and yet, she might as well have told Rick that she chipped a nail.  Don't even get me started on the PSA that followed Brooke's rape storyline (the one by Andy--not Ridge) and how that storyline in no way mirrored the message the show was trying to send.  Instead of an empowered Brooke, the show used it as an opportunity for Brooke to wax poetic about Ridge being her "savior" and her clinging to him like a dying patient needing a new liver.

I've seen more realistic and relevant outcomes on the original Degrassi, as well as Degrassi: The Next Generation.  And, I'm the last of the Baby Boomers!

• Love 9

Bull Shit talks and we should walk. In what world would Eric let Sheila stand there, all virtuous, and listen to a personal family matter let alone let her comment on it. Fuck the TIIC for another unbelievable moment shoved down the viewers throat 

So now they slightly aged RJ to be able to drive with a regular drivers license but we didn't see a party for his 17th birthday.  They went with teenage texting and driving and old school teenage back seat make out session in a '66 Camero SS SL.  So what's next?  A teenage marriage in Monti Carlo during the Spencer Summit?  

Take back Shelia, Eric, so she can kill you in your sleep.  

• Love 7

B&B  has already done a texting and driving PSA. Remember when Mushmouth thought he hit Anthony while Anthony was crossing the street. Thomas and Caroline played detective and I think it was resolved that somebody else actually hit the guy.  I think Anthony got some free orthopedic surgery out of the deal.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

I was amazed that Ridge didn't manhandle her out the door, like he used to do with Quinn. When he hated her.

• Love 13
(edited)

Just starting to watch today....

First off...that's a bad-ass Camaro.  My Dad was a GM man (all he ever owned) and he used to work on cars (his own and for folks part-time) back in the day.  Grew up handing him wrenches since I was 6ish.  I am a motor head to this day.  But the absolute first thing I noticed is...

WHY AREN'T THESE TWO WEARING SEATBELTS??!!??

You can retro-fit an older car.  Plus it's against the law to drive without one.  Not cool writers.  If you're trying to appeal to the younger crowd at least show some responsibility. 

Now....get off my lawn!

*sorry*  Mom here who knows a friend of my son's who messed himself up for life at 17 not wearing one.  I don't cross a parking lot without buckling up....

Off to finish the show...I have a feeling this is not going to end well*.

*I don't watch spoilers or previews

eta....bolded because mightysparrow did it better...

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

WHY AREN'T THESE TWO WEARING SEATBELTS??!!??

PREACH THAT SHIT!

I'm so angry that those two little punks weren't wearing seatbelts that I couldn't give a damn if both of them ended up dead.  Wasn't Coco supposed to be the straitlaced Spectra that Sally and Grams wanted to protect from all the family hijinks (until Grams needed someone to wear a hidden camera)?  I'm not surprised Slouchy was that irresponsible but I am so over Coco.

The scene between Eric, Quinn and Ridge would have been so much better without Sheila hovering over them like the Angel of Death.  I don't believe for one second that Eric Forrester would let her stay in the house and I KNOW Ridge would have bum rushed her out the door.  I don't know what the point of bringing Sheila back.  We already know that her 'reformation' is just an act so there's no surprise there.  And there are way too many people who love Eric to ever allow him to get involved with a psycho like Sheila for a second time  Marrying Quinn almost split his family in two.  I can't believe that Thorne hasn't come out of the basement the second he heard that Sheila was back!

The only upside to this Sheila story is that Pam kicks Charlie's ass to the nearest curb.  I used to think they were a cute couple but now I want him gone, gone, GONE!!!

Edited by mightysparrow
Quinn and Sheila are two different people.
  • Love 10

The fact that Sheila was allowed to stay in the house and COMMENT on what Quinn and Ridge said makes my head explode. Who writes this absolute dreck??!! They should be fired and hire a few of us to write for this show. At least it might be 10% believable. And we wouldn't be nearly as expensive as these "writers". 

• Love 14

Seat belts were put into cars as of 1964. Camaros were introduced Sept 1966, so the car did have seat belts (lap belts) but it didn't have 3 point seat belts we are accustom to seeing today.  3 point seat belts are not required in vintage cars. 

• Love 3

Ridge should've bounced instead of spilling his guts to Eric in front of Sheila. The woman 'killed' Taylor and devestated his kids for a good part of their childhood and then later kidnapped him and nearly got him killed. Ridge doesn't have to tolerate her one iota.

Having said that, Sheila at least got to throw in snark from the peanut gallery unlike Taylor when she outed Brill 1.0. Katie ran her and everyone else out the house before she tore into them. Can you imagine Taylor in that scene using her psychologist voice to encourage her to let her feelings out?  

$Bill, you won. Stop poking the bear about why Brooke and Rideg broke up. Your lady is sitting there sunbathing on your patio looking fine and content as hell.  Get your stallion on and count your blessings. Loved seeing them doing normal couple things. About time.

'I like who I am now because of you, please don't take that away from me.' Way to guilt Eric and put the onus of responsibility of your actions on someone else. Like with 'Adam', Quinn tried to put the power of her behavior in someone else's hands. Liam thank goodness didn't fall for that shit once he got his mind back. Any cred she had about truly loving Eric was lost when she pulled that emotionally manipulative stunt. She.sucks.

Coco and RJ were lame but that car was dope. Kids do stupid things unfortunately. We're at the point that kids have been working mobiles and tablets since birth and they're used to using them for everything. It doesn't compute yet that they can't text and drive. Us old folks incorporated texting once we were older and know better. But yeah, RJ was literally just gazing out the window while Coco was trying to drive and text. He should've been too busy Blue Steeling on his own phone that Coco felt she had to upload her own stuff.

• Love 11

Waldo13.....you are correct about the introduction date of 2pt.  I was thinking of the folks I know who go to car shows and such.  If they drive on the public roads/highways in their classics they are required to have 3pt seatbelts to be street worthy. 

I was looking forward to Sheila as I had never seen her before.  If I thought Quinn was supposed to be crazy (Liam-cabin boy/Deacon over the cliff)....damn...Sheila scares me more.

Quinn done met her match. 

Ummm.....Eric?  If you want Sheila out of your house call freakin' 911!!

• Love 6

Why shouldn't Sheila be allowed to stay and witness the implosion? It's Eric's house and he said that whatever Quidge had to say could be said right then and there in front of Sheila. I don't think it was an act of Eric being high-minded; I'm sure he intended to make Sheila look like a raving lunatic when he assumed that Quinn and Ridge would vehemently deny the allegations. But yeah, Sheila chiming in and implying Quinn was a gold digger was inappropriate and particularly rich -- considering the source.

I actually thought the fall-out was very anti-climatic. I was hoping that Eric would have booted both Quinn and Ridge out of the house and off the property. I wanted to see Sheila open the door for them and have them hustle out in tears, apologies, blame and confusion while Sheila stood there with that smug little smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth.  It was too quiet and this viewer felt cheated after the months and months of teasing and slow build-up to ... that.  It was like waiting for the grand finale of the fireworks display and you get a bottle rocket. Pfftt ...

I ff'd through the teen scenes. I take it that Coco and Slouchy got into an accident caused by texting while driving since we discussed that problem earlier today. Why is it on soaps that whenever there is a car accident, there is a blaring car horn? That doesn't happen in real life.

Brooke was in a pissy mood today. She looked good in that sky blue bathing suit though. Hell, if I were married to $Bill and he was standing around half-naked, he could bad-mouth my shitty ex to his heart's content. My mind surely wouldn't be on Sludge being butt-hurt over a little teasing but true shade.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Waldo13.....you are correct about the introduction date of 2pt.  I was thinking of the folks I know who go to car shows and such.  If they drive on the public roads/highways in their classics they are required to have 3pt seatbelts to be street worthy. 

I was looking forward to Sheila as I had never seen her before.  If I thought Quinn was supposed to be crazy (Liam-cabin boy/Deacon over the cliff)....damn...Sheila scares me more.

Quinn done met her match. 

Ummm.....Eric?  If you want Sheila out of your house call freakin' 911!!

I beg to differ.  My friend has a 1963 Corvette split window coupe that doesn't have seat belts and it is street legal. In fact, if he did install seat belts he could no longer call it an original unaltered  classic Corvette and it would loose a great deal of value.  The same way classic cars are grandfathered for emission controls they are also grandfathered for no seat belts or not having 3 point seat belts. It's also the same for airbags.

• Love 1

I read the recap of Wednesday's show. Wow, Eric the adulterer getting all judgmental? The Dude who was photographed standing buck naked on a hotel room windowsill hiding from his wife? That's rich.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I can't believe that Thorne hasn't come out of the basement the second he heard that Sheila was back!

I'm not a frequent watcher, I check in from time to time, and there's a good chance I could be wrong, but the last I heard, Thorne was working in Europe at Forrester International.

8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Is it too much to hope that RJ and Coco have been killed off in this accident?

And they accidentally ran over Grams Spectra.

• Love 5
(edited)

Color me shocked that Sludge (who likes to manhandle women) didn't lay hands on Sheila and shove her out the door first.  Okay, Sheila.  Boo-Boo, as much as I wanted you to out these two duplicitous ass-wipes, I'm going to need you to stand there and just keep your mouth firmly shut--especially since Eric afforded you the opportunity to witness what he thought was going to be his dear wife and son's throwing your "lies" back in your face.   All these years of grifting, lying, scheming and doing dirt, and you still haven't learned the art of subtlety.  Oh, and I'm going to need you to keep Brooke's name out your mouth.  Again...the art of subtlety, Boo.  Given the amount of blubbering Quinn and Sludge were doing, Eric would have figured that out sooner or later on his own with no prodding or commentary from you.  As anti-climatic as this reveal was, the show did a good job of using that recent flashback of Brooke trying to tell Eric the truth.  It doesn't appear he's going to hold it against her--yet--and is actually placing the blame squarely on Quinn and Sludge's shoulders for talking her out of telling him the truth.  

Speaking of which--Bill.  Please leave it alone.  There's a reason your bride doesn't think it's worth talking about.  She told Sludge in front of you at the restaurant that he had betrayed her for the last time.  That's all you need to know.  Now, get back to those temptations--and I don't mean the singing group.  On a shallow note, sometimes it's hard for me to remember that KKL and DD are in their 50's.  They have obviously taken excellent care of their bodies for years and continue to do so.  Jewel tones look gorgeous against KKL's skin and I would love to see her wear one of her caftans on the show.

I wish I could say, "poor Eric," but I can't quite do it.  JM is doing an excellent job in these scenes.  However, the show should have mined its rich history with Eric having a "Eureka!" moment--like Brooke's--and recognizing that this is who Sludge is.  Eric is well aware that Sludge has a long history of "plowing" his father and brothers' heifers.  He does it because he can.  He has even resorted to "pranks" and aggravated sexual assault, which usually left his conquests humiliated and devastated.  He has gotten away with it each time because these same women forgave him in a nano second, declared their undying love for him, and rewarded him with their devotion.  Even worse, he has had no shortage of enablers, including his late mother and other family members, who willfully turned a blind eye to his behavior.  Eric should have also remembered the conversation he had with Original Recipe Ridge when he was engaged to Caroline because he was very concerned that Ridge would actually hurt Caroline.  As he said at the time, his son had it in him to do that.

I can't even get worked up about that accident.  The failure to fasten seat belts aside, that other behavior--texting and taking pictures of the driver, who takes his eyes off the road to skin and grin--is behavior I have seen way too often.  As pointed out by others, it's not just kids who are guilty of doing it.  I've seen adults, who are old enough to know better, posting and uploading videos on social media that were clearly taken while they were driving.  For those who are hoping that both Slouchy and Coco were killed off in this accident, can I also have a ticket and seat aboard that train?

Edited by MulletorHater
I inadvertently interchanged Sludge for Slouchy
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

It's always bugged me that Maya lied by omission and commission about the most basic thing about herself and yet, she might as well have told Rick that she chipped a nail.  

Trans women in particular have to fear their safety when coming out to people, as men have been known to kill them upon finding out.

However, none of that was discussed, the family all accepted her with no question despite the other turmoil she brought into their lives and even Rick N. Sane, who had fired a run right at Ridge and Caroline not that long ago, was basically "Eh, whatevs" about it. It was basically a ratings stunt. Maya can't come down with contract negotiation cancer soon enough.

11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I read the recap of Wednesday's show. Wow, Eric the adulterer getting all judgmental? The Dude who was photographed standing buck naked on a hotel room windowsill hiding from his wife? That's rich.

IIRC, he had split from Stephanie following the shit from Brooke's rape and was hiding to spare Storm from going to jail.

But he has cheated on Steph in the past, including his fling with Lauren, with Beth in the early season, and there were scenes where he was discussing with Ridge how he had his fun with certain models throughout the years. Even still, having to get betrayed by Ridge yet again has got to sting.

• Love 5

Who the hell does Eric think he is?  That man is no paragon of virtue as he's been known to not keep it in his pants.  But Quinn and Moroni's son get kissy faced (I'm not saying they were right, but at least they never played hide the cannoli) and Eric gets all Pope the Perfect on them.   But if Eric goes all Gaga over that nasty butt brain Sheila, I'm done.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I think Eric's ego got doubly bruised - 1) Ridge once again stole his woman and 2) Quinn disabused Eric of the notion that his love did indeed change her. Whether he admits it or not, it had to stoke his ego -especially so late in life- that he was 'worshiped'/credited by Quinn as such a pivotal influence in her life.

And then she brought him crashing back down to Earth that his influence was nothing compared to the Ridge Marrone Forrester. He stood up for her, defied his family for her, and pretty much made her his world. Now he feels like an exploited old fool.

But that still doesn't excuse turning to Sheila of all people. He's just making the same mistake all over again. But it does now make sense that with all the people conspiring to keep the secret - Ivy, Brooke, Katie - Eric isn't going to give them the time of day as he'll feel they betrayed him as well.  Heck even Pam will feel his wrath if she mentions that Charlie suspected it. He's going to be pretty much isolated and under Sheila's influence as he nurses his wounds.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Spelling issues.
  • Love 11

That's all true, but....Sheila?! The woman who kidnapped another woman's child, nearly killed her own mother to keep that secret, attempted to kill Lauren on more than one occasion, gave Eric happy pills to keep him horny  (she needn't have wasted the time or effort on the old goat), slowly gaslighted Stephanie, got pregnant by James under what I recall to be rather suspect circumstances, took off with said baby and raised her to target Rick, shot and "killed" Taylor, tried killing Ridge and possibly kidnapped yet another child passing her off as Massimo's daughter?

If Eric jumps back into that pool of lunacy,  no matter how pissed he is with Quinn, he deserves everything that happens to him. But then, as i reread what i just wrote, very little of it actually happens to him, which is par the course for the men on this damn show.

5 minutes ago, nkotb said:

"Ridge Marone"? Damn, Eric, cut him where you know it'll hurt. 

I really wish they both would stop usingthis as a fighting tool. Apart from a very brief time, Ridge has always regarded Eric as his father. And yes, I know Ridge and his crouch fruit use the Forrester slam against the Logan's, but they're all so intermarried by now that it's lost any meaning.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, nkotb said:

"Ridge Marone"? Damn, Eric, cut him where you know it'll hurt. 

Even though what Ridge did was nasty, it's a low petty blow by Eric that he pulls out whenever he wants to hurt Ridge as he knows that Ridge values being a Forrester above everything. Eric is the parent, Ridge is the child. You just don't mess with your kid like that. The fact that through no fault of his own he is not biologically his son allows Eric exactly one chain to yank with Ridge (and Stephanie in absentia) and he uses it every time Ridge steps out of line. I hate it because if you've claimed him as your son, then he is your son, Eric. None of this quibbling when he disappoints you.

And really Ridge's tomcatting around isn't due all to his 'nature'. His nurture -which Eric had a hand in- is also at play.

Ridge really could be that kid in the drug commercial whose angry dad asks him where he learned to do drugs and the kid replies 'You dad! I learned it by watching you!' Eric was a cheating cheater who cheated in his marriage to Stephanie.  His karma is Ridge undercutting him in the bedroom.

Actually Ridge could get on his high horse and talk about how Eric belittled Stephanie and cheated on her left, right, and center. Stephanie was no shrinking violet, but Eric did her dirty.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Eric is the parent, Ridge is the child. You just don't mess with your kid like that.

Normally I would agree with you, but since it involves Ridge, I just can't.  

36 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

None of this quibbling when he disappoints you.

Quibble away Eric!  Quibble away!

I've just had it with three decades of an adult Ridge Forrester sniffing around the most inappropriate women (his brother's wife, his father's wife, his late wife's doctor, his late wife's niece, his wife's sister, his wife's sister, and these are just off the top of my head!)  And he did all these as an adult, I can't blame parents for the actions of an adult.  I wish Eric would disown him, fire him and kick him off any Forrester properties.  Ridge could see if Spectra is hiring.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Normally I would agree with you, but since it involves Ridge, I just can't.  

Quibble away Eric!  Quibble away!

I've just had it with three decades of an adult Ridge Forrester sniffing around the most inappropriate women (his brother's wife, his father's wife, his late wife's doctor, his late wife's niece, his wife's sister, his wife's sister, and these are just off the top of my head!)  And he did all these as an adult, I can't blame parents for the actions of an adult.  I wish Eric would disown him, fire him and kick him off any Forrester properties.  Ridge could see if Spectra is hiring.

Don't forget the most inappropriate relationship of all:  the girl Ridge raised as his daughter during her formative years, only to find out she was supposedly* his sister.  The abomination known as "Ridget" still makes me retch to this day.  I'm still trying to figure out what kind of nimrod decides to teach his sister a lesson by sticking his tongue down her throat to "prove" that her little crush on him was inappropriate. 

I haven't had a chance to watch today's dreck yet, but I am curious if Eric remembered how he nearly stroked out when he caught Ridge and Bridget kissing and how they attempted to justify their "feelings."  I guess no longer being related to each other has its rewards.

*Supposedly because there were some serious shenanigans surrounding Bridget's paternity thanks to a forged letter that somehow ended up in Ridge's favorite book, as well as the untimely death of Brooke's doctor--something Sheila may have had a hand in.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Don't forget the most inappropriate relationship of all:  the girl Ridge raised as his daughter during her formative years, only to find out she was supposedly* his sister.

Thanks, I must've blocked it out!

7 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

but I am curious if Eric remembered how he nearly stroked out when he caught Ridge and Bridget kissing and how they attempted to justify their "feelings."

Just in case anyone forgot, I've attached the clip.

I didn't bother listening to the clip before I posted it (mistake!), it's dubbed in a foreign language, so watch with the mute on.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4

?????? Shelia is still there reveling in all the mishegas.  And she even speaks and makes judgments. TIIC had to interject Shelia which bothers the crap out of me because she really doesn't have any skin in the game. It would bother me a hole lot less if it was Brooke of even Katie standing there.  They are true friends of Eric not someone who really can't give shit about anyone.  Now Shelia is going to comfort Eric. Captain Obvious!  One question, how many affairs did Eric have. Eric's anger has more to do with Ridge than Quinn. 

Is the virtuous angelic all righteous Coco going to confess to texting while driving or is she going to stick to the story of not remembering anything. 

• Love 4

John McCook was ON FIRE today, giving one of his best performances in years.  I don't know what's going on at B&B, what with the actor who plays Zende suddenly learning how to act and John McCook getting a new lease on his acting life, but I like it a lot.

No matter how justified his anger is, Eric should be ashamed of himself.  Calling his son, 'Ridge Marone' was one of the lowest things he's ever done.  Obviously his love ISN'T unconditional.  Has he tossed Steffy and Thomas aside too?

Little Ms. 'Take Responsibility For Your Actions' aka Coco, is certainly taking her time admitting that she was texting and driving.  I'm surprised that she and Bill were allowed in Slouchy's hospital room.  I thought it would only be immediate family in ICU.  Maybe the Forresters own their own hospital wing.  I'm sure that Sally will be at the hospital the second she hears that her sister was in an accident, offering all the love and support in the world.   Coco doesn't deserve it.

It was painful watching Quinn and Ridge trying to explain their 'affair'.  They didn't make sense because IT didn't make any fucking sense.  Didn't Quinn tell Ridge she loved him a few days ago?  What was that about?  The writers really shit the bed on this story line. One minute Quinn and Ridge are rolling on his bed.  Now they're swearing that it was NOTHING.  Brooke ended her decades-long relationship over what she saw between Quinn and Ridge.  Katie almost lost her tiny little mind.  Whatever it was going on between Quinn and Ridge was big enough to bring Ivy back from the basement.  And now, it's NOTHING?!?!

Dragging Sheila in just adds insult to injury.  The look on Sheila's face as she put her head on Eric's shoulder made me sick to my stomach.  The woman is a dangerous psychopath.  I enjoy villains but I don't find any entertainment value in the criminally insane.  No matter how angry and betrayed Eric feels, he can't forget that Sheila is a dangerous monster, who needs to be kept as far away from decent people as possible.  Has he forgotten what she's done to his family? 

Show had decided that Quinn WASN'T a monster because Eric had 'saved' her.   Is she going to go back to her old ways?  Is it going to be a duel of the daytime psychopaths?  Because I don't think I'm up for that.  Like I said before, mental illness isn't my idea of entertainment.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It was painful watching Quinn and Ridge trying to explain their 'affair'.  They didn't make sense because IT didn't make any fucking sense. 

None of it did. Original Recipe Ridge wasn't above demeaning any woman whose pants he wasn't actively trying to get into (ie, Darla and Amber) but he never claimed to be in love with them, either.

And Quinn's part made even less sense.

• Love 5
(edited)

TIIC never thinks that logic is anyway relevant to a story line. Ridge tried to explain the connection they made in San Francisco but it fell short but it was not supported by Quinn. Eric is the one that sent them there to see if they could connect and put their differences aside. Ridge was there to defame Quinn but low and behold they found a mutual respect for each other. The more time they spent together, the more "mutual respect" they found.  So in my mind, Eric was the catalyst and Quinn and Ridge just caught up in a game of Risk.  

Quinn is self destructive, Ridge is a predator, and Eric is a putz.  

ETA:  Did Eric really say that Shelia was in the room because he wanted someone there who didn't lie to him?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

John McCook was ON FIRE today..  [ Too bad the story line sucks]

Calling his son, 'Ridge Marone' was one of the lowest things he's ever done.  Obviously his love ISN'T unconditional. 

They didn't make sense because IT didn't make any fucking sense. 

Dragging Sheila in just adds insult to injury.  The look on Sheila's face as she put her head on Eric's shoulder made me sick to my stomach.  The woman is a dangerous psychopath.  I enjoy villains but I don't find any entertainment value in the criminally insane.  No matter how angry and betrayed Eric feels, he can't forget that Sheila is a dangerous monster, who needs to be kept as far away from decent people as possible.  Has he forgotten what she's done to his family? 

Show had decided that Quinn WASN'T a monster because Eric had 'saved' her.   Is she going to go back to her old ways?  Is it going to be a duel of the daytime psychopaths?  Because I don't think I'm up for that.  Like I said before, mental illness isn't my idea of entertainment.

I agree with everything you posted MS...times 1000. I don't enjoy this twisted shit...it has NO entertainment value for me.Right now the only teeny bright spot in this show ( & I can't believe I'm saying this) is Thomas & Sally...and even that is getting pretty damn repetitive.

I really loved happy loving fun sparkly Quinn & Eric and now they just ruined it...and for what? To insert insane Sheila back in the story? If so I am out. I cannot deal with that kind of crazy.

• Love 11

Now see ... I was rubbing my hands together with glee today while I watched today's episode. This is a good old-fashioned soap opera at it's campiest best.

John McCook was hitting it on all cylinders.

Calling Sludge "Marone." Check.

Reading Sludge and Quinn for filth x 10. Check.

Throwing Quinn out of the house. Check.

That self-satisfied smirk from Sheila at the end of the show. CHECK!*

I couldn't believe that Ridge was somehow trying to twist his actions around to blame them on Eric ... and Stephanie.  Maybe Eric was being naive and foolish for sending Quinn and Ridge to San Francisco.  (Eric gets very manic and when he's happy and on a high, he wants EVERYBODY else to be in the same head space.) He probably thought that he could somehow force two warring adults to put their differences aside for the sake of bringing peace back into the family. And ... most rational mature adults would have tolerated the situation and returned home with the agreement to put aside the open hostility and be cordial.

Blaming Stephanie for "raising him that way" and Eric for "treating him like a king" (or whatever nonsense bullshit Ridge was pedaling) to imply that Eric enabled Ridge's arrogant elitist behavior.

I'm also glad that Eric brought up Ridge messing around with Brooke while she was still married to Eric.

Yep. Quinn was really floundering. The more she spoke, the deeper she dug herself in.  I do agree though that Sheila should have left and she had no business adding her two cents' worth to the very personal and private discussion. She knows absolutely nothing about the situation other than what sketchy bits of conjecture she pried out of Charlie plus using double-talk on Quinn.

*I am in no way implying that I want Sheila back with Eric. In fact ... NO!  To me, it was just Sheila being Sheila and honestly, I was getting more of a kick out of thinking, "Kimberlin Brown's still got it!" Otherwise, I have no idea where all of this is going to head next.  I venture to guess that Quinn and Eric will end up back together again.  It would make for a good drawn-out SL if KB might be around for a year. However, Brad Bell will have it resolved and Queric reunited by Labor Day. Dang!

On a different note. I do believe that there is a Stephanie Forrester wing at that hospital (there used to be a prominent plaque on the wall bearing her name), thus the preferential treatment Slouchy got. I know now why he's so attracted to Coco. She's the young version of Taylor. She's growing more sanctimonious by the day.  She'd better fess up to texting and driving.

• Love 7
On 7/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, Waldo13 said:

In what world would Eric let Sheila stand there, all virtuous, and listen to a personal family matter let alone let her comment on it.

I couldn't agree more.  Yeah, Ridge & Quinn are obviously in the wrong, but when Eric insisted that Sheila stayed, I'd tell him that I'm not saying a peep with her there & actually follow through.  There was no reason whatsoever for her to be standing there inserting herself into something that was even less than none of her business.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

Blaming Stephanie for "raising him that way" and Eric for "treating him like a king" (or whatever nonsense bullshit Ridge was pedaling) to imply that Eric enabled Ridge's arrogant elitist behavior.

He ain't wrong, tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But naw, that's a load of shit. As he has been so quick to remind Rick when he pulls the same crap, he's an adult now, and a grandfather no less. Cut the shit and own your assholishness.

• Love 7