Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Wouldn't this logic cut both ways? When Liam and Hope have had their "misunderstandings", why was the onus not on Liam to tell Steffy to move on? How is it he gets a pass for his boorish behavior in excepting anything Steffy was offering? It is totally irrelevant who initiated the contact; Liam as the engaged party, should have put an end to it by citing his commitment to Hope. But oh hell no, there was dancing, drinking, kissing and marrying to do. Unfortunately, all the happened with the wrong person. Additionally, I didn't see Liam respecting Hope and Wyatt's relationship. He allowed them what, about a week of exclusivity, before barreling in with this ultimatum about dual romances and equal dating time? And don't get me started on his unwanted and unneeded presence when Hope was taking her pregnancy test.

Fully agree.  One of the things I can't stand about Liam is that he is always playing the victim card.  It's never his fault and he always acts like the aggrieved party.  Hope cancels a dinner the night before their wedding.  He assumes this means she is rejecting him.  Even though they obviously still have plans to get married the next day.  So what does he do?  He calls up his ex-wife, gets drunk, dances with her, wears a lampshade, and gets his hair dyed red.

He is irresponsible and immature and insecure.  He is such a weakling and a wimp as well.  Yesterday when Hope was saying the team (including Wyatt) was going to Paris to shoot some publicity photos, he just sits there with that same stupid "I'm about to cry again" expression while she tells him about the travel plans.  It was all "you can't go.  You can't be there with him."  A real man who was secure in his supposedly secure relationship would have said, "Awesome!  Free trip to Paris on the Forrester jet!  How many nights are we going, I need to know how much underwear to bring."

• Love 6

Additionally, I didn't see Liam respecting Hope and Wyatt's relationship. He allowed them what, about a week of exclusivity, before barreling in with this ultimatum about dual romances and equal dating time? And don't get me started on his unwanted and unneeded presence when Hope was taking her pregnancy test.

I think it was more along the line of 3-4 months.  And while he was unneeded during the pregnancy test, he wasn't unwanted.  He asked her if she wanted him to leave and she said no.

So it's not OK for someone to say Hope is an icon? Aren't we allowed to have an opinion without being pounced on for saying it? People shouldn't be made to feel stupid for an opinion, SMH!! Was this something that was said on the show and I missed it or what?

With all due respect, where did I say, imply or indicate that "we" aren't allowed to have an opinion?  Given that the opinion about Hope's "iconic" status was made on the show, I fail to see what the problem is.  I stated my position very clearly as to why this term should not be applied to her and how the term has been watered down by overuse for the most mundane of people and situations.  It would be different if a character used that word to describe Eric, who was actually shown designing and cutting for the company that bears his name since the show's inception.  I don't believe that using it to describe Her Serene Highness, Princess Hope is justified.

While I can't speak for anyone else, see Hope as a mundane, immature child-woman who is continually praised for attributes that she simply doesn't possess as of yet.  Maybe that perception will change when the character matures, but Wyatt shouldn't be calling her an "icon" in the same context as the Eiffel Tower.

It's amazing what you can find on YouTube if you know where to look - there are a whole heap of episodes from 1997-98, in German but in higher quality than most clips on YT, and another channel has just about every episode from the point of Brooke's rape to Eric & Donna's wedding (in English), as well as those horrible Polish overdubbed clips from the mid 2000s... I wonder what the costs would be to put every B&B episode up on something like YT and set up a pay-per-view system like some other official channels have, as opposed to the costs of releasing them all on physical DVD. I'm sure it'd be a quick way for CBS to make a mint without having to pay for things like discs, cases, covers, promo material, etc.

A couple of my friends happened to purchase B&B's Anniversary Book several years ago, which should be required reading for any new writer, as well as Brad Bell from time to time.  Perhaps there would be less inclination to rewrite stories or to recon a legacy character's history (i.e., Massimo being Ridge's father, which means that duplicitous debutante and college freshman, Stephanie Douglas, was quite hot in the pants back in the day).  It's remarkable what viewers are told through history rewrites as opposed to what actually happened.

I also had the pleasure of viewing some of the older shows from 1987 this past weekend.  What joy!  One of the things that particularly struck me was how delightfully evil the original Bill Spencer was.  Jim Storm had the perfect look for the role.  Between the eyes, the hair and that demonic sneer--not to mention his unconcealed disgust and hatred of playboy Ridge, he makes Bill, Jr. look angelic by comparison.  The sight of Ridge practically messing his pants when Bill shows him the picture of him (Ridge) and another woman in bed the week before his wedding to Caroline was something to behold!  It was also hilarious listening to Ridge beg his future father-in-law for a chance to prove that he had changed and that he was a human being who made a mistake.  That's why I was thrilled when the writers actually got it right when Bill appeared in later years and made it clear that he wasn't a supplicant at Ridge's altar and never would be.  He was as disgusted with Ridge then as he was back in 1987.  That he was summoned by Stephanie to procure a U.S.-banned abortifacient to feed to an unsuspecting Morgan, whom Ridge knocked up, only reinforced Bill's already low opinion of Ridge.  He also had some hilarious cracks for Stephanie about her tendency to swoop in and clean up Ridge's semen spills.

It would have been interesting if the writers mined that history to bring the story full circle when decades later Ridge ruined Bill Jr.'s wedding to Brooke by showing up with a selfie of Bill and Quinn in bed together.  I'm not sure it would have worked though without RM still paying the part and given that  Bill and Quinn had sex the day that Brooke was supposed to have married Ridge.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3
Wouldn't this logic cut both ways? When Liam and Hope have had their "misunderstandings", why was the onus not on Liam to tell Steffy to move on? How is it he gets a pass on his boorish behavior in excepting anything Steffy was offering? It is totally irrelevant who initiated the contact; Liam as the engaged party, should have put an end to it by citing his commitment to Hope. But oh hell no, there was dancing, drinking, kissing and marrying to do. Unfortunately, all the happened with the wrong person. Additionally, I didn't see Liam respecting Hope and Wyatt's relationship. He allowed them what, about a week of exclusivity, before barreling in with this ultimatum about dual romances and equal dating time? And don't get me started on his unwanted and unneeded presence when Hope was taking her pregnancy test.

This.  Yes, it's shady and unethical to go after someone who you know is involved with someone else, but it's even shadier and more unethical to be someone who is already in a relationship and give in to the person pursuing you.  Liam always had the power of those two little letters:  N.O.   He chose not to use those letters because he liked that "fun, sexy" Steffy was into him.  It was an ego boost.  And, back when Hope was waiting for marriage, Steffy was pretty clearly offering what Liam wasn't getting. Yes, it's wrong to go after someone who's taken, but the two people in the relationship are the ones who have made a commitment to each other.  If Liam had truly been committed to Hope, he would have informed Steffy that her attentions were unwelcome and shut down any future attempts to get close to him.  If I wake up tomorrow and find out my husband cheated on me, my anger will be directed at him, as he's the person who promised fidelity to me.  The buck stops there, no matter who tries to tempt him. 

• Love 6

I think the bottom line is that Hope and Liam were supposed to have moved beyond their silly past and were taking a fresh start moving forward that included Liam bonding with his brother and Wyatt respecting the boundaries he was no longer allowed to cross with Dope. Then she publicly accepts this diamond from a man the world knows she fucked. And as I previously stated, Liam did not object to the line being associated with the stone when Wyatt made his announcement, it was the gifting of it to Hope that pissed him off. What man wouldn't be pissed off? And now they're going to the most romantic city in the world on another diamond adventure?

Moreover, while yeah they had this little adventure in the beginning with the diamond and they used it to start marketing fun, funky Quinn jewelry, the fact is her line is targeted to teenagers and young women and I for one fail to understand why the diamond is so crucial to a line sold to that demographic. Make some better clothes because the ones I've seen are hideous.

To me, that diamond is more suited to the couture line. This storyline is crap. 

• Love 8

I agree that the diamond, on its own, is probably more suited to the couture line.  But I think that the "story" of the diamond is what they're really using to brand it to her line, because that's the kind of thing you aim at a younger audience. Which is actually why it would have made sense for the FC team to stage Wyatt giving her the diamond like that, as opposed to him blind-siding her.  

Jim Storm was wonderful, like Barnabas Collins without fangs.   Didn't he have a cane or walking stick that he used when he walked around, or am I just dreaming that up?  When they put up the first 25 episodes on the website for the 25th anniversary, it was like going to heaven.  I wish they had followed that up with more of those episodes.  They were all so well written and well acted.  You could see that there was a long term plan behind what was happening.   Ronn Moss was very good in the beginning.  Then in later years, they allowed Ridge to become more like RM, lazy and childish. 

OMG--YES!  The walking stick!  When I saw it, I honestly thought he was going to cane Ridge upside the head with it because he was so disgusted.  I didn't realize how sheltered Caroline actually was, and I wonder if Hope is modeled after her.  The similarities are striking.  I still remember when Caroline dramatically fainted at the altar after Bill told her about Ridge's cheating.  Even though I agreed with Bill's assessment of Ridge, I actually felt a little sorry for Ridge because RM made him look so pitiful.  He actually had facial expressions back then!

Admittedly, John McCook was the reason I started watching B&B from day one.  Bill Bell was also smart in waiting until the second or third day to roll out Susan Flannery, who was a legend even then thanks to her role as Laura Horton on DOOL.  I wholeheartedly agree that the shows were well written and I loved the meticulous way that Bill Bell spent time building each character and core family.  There were never any throwaway or filler scenes.  Eric and Stephanie clearly had issues in their marriage, and I was shocked that Stephanie admitted even back then that Ridge was the number one man in her life.  Of course, she blamed it on Eric's lack of availability, but I found it interesting that she typically kissed Thorne on the cheek while she kissed Ridge on the lips.  It was more shocking that it didn't creep him out; most guys I know would have wiped her kiss off quick, fast and in a hurry.  It was little touches like this that gave viewers insight into the Forrester family dynamics.  Stephanie was also resentful of Kristen and Eric's relationship and I always thought she was projecting her own pseudo-incestuous feelings for Ridge onto them.  I also remember Stephanie's affair with Clarke Garrison, who she "hired" to date Kristen to see if she was frigid.  Good times!

It was bittersweet seeing the Logan sisters as they were and realizing that Brooke and Katie will never share that kind of closeness again.  It was also a great reminder of where Katie's securities actually began.  When Brooke allowed Katie to try on her engagement ring and Katie started fantasizing about Rocco (who actually wanted Donna) proposing to her, I could clearly see why Bill was like her prince charming in the beginning.  It was also hilarious seeing Brooke's first onscreen kiss with her fiance, Dave.  I didn't realize how much I miss Storm.  Who knew back then that Brooke would be the head of the family one day even though her father is still alive?

• Love 5

In the beginning I was always intrigued by the Stephanie/Kristen dynamic, I had never seen a mother/daughter relationship like it before on daytime TV, it was so strange.  I also liked Margo Lynley, she was the right combination of jaded and sweet.

Who knew back then that Brooke would be the head of the family one day even though her father is still alive?

With four children (I know, I know, 5 if you count little whatshisface) of her own, two of them Forresters, one Maroni, one Sharpe.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4

With four children (I know, I know, 5 if you count little whatshisface) of her own, two of them Forresters, one Maroni, one Sharpe.

Isn't little whatshisface (I have to remember that name hahaha) the one Marone?

• Love 1

Thanks I forgot about RJ! So I guess that makes it 3 Forresters (Rick & Bridget from Eric, RJ from Ridge), 1 Marone, 1 Sharpe

ETA...OOPSIE, Ridge isn't a Forrester!!!!  That's where I got screwed up!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

I think little whatshisface is Jack, since we aren't sure if he really counts.  She didn't choose to have him, and once he was handed to her, he's disappeared somewhere and nobody ever talks about him.

I would think RJ is the Marone since Ridge is biologically a Marone.  Little Eric / Little D was never Brooke's child or supposed child... he was Rick and Amber's.

But Ridge has always been treated as a Forrester, so yes, 3 Forresters, 1 Sharpe, and 1 Marone.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1

Wyatt drove me nuts during yesterday's show with his little tippy toe whatever while in the meeting with the Forrester bigwigs.  Whenever he said anything about Hope and the diamond, he did this little tippy toe jump up, like some little kid who's excited when mommy opens up her birthday present from a three year old. 

• Love 1
Yes, it's shady and unethical to go after someone who you know is involved with someone else, but it's even shadier and more unethical to be someone who is already in a relationship and give in to the person pursuing you.  Liam always had the power of those two little letters:  N.O.

ICAM. I also think that in romantic triangles, it's almost always the person in the middle who has the most power in the situation. That's probably why the one or both of the legs of the triangle don't want to confront them and instead focus their ire on the "competition." I'm always dumbfounded when I watch Jerry Springer and see the girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband getting into a catfight with the sidepiece. (And yes, I do know that many if not most of those scenarios on Springer are staged but there's a reason the guy still gets ratings.)

• Love 2

I've been pretty sympathetic to Liam because, as @politichick so eloquently put it, when Liam and Hope got engaged last year they were supposed to be moving on from their past, and tit-for-tat is never the way you're supposed to grow in a relationship.  But I think Hope made her position much clearer (and sounded like a for real adult) today by making Liam admit who he was really upset at and saying, "This is how much I don't give an eff about this dude: let's use his plan to whisk me away to the most romantic city in the world as an opportunity to get married."  And Liam is still standing around whining.  "Will he be there?"  WHY would he be at your wedding if you don't invite him?  I wish this wedding would actually take place so that I could see the look on Wyatt's face, but since history is every indicator on this show, it won't, and Liam will have no one to blame but himself.

Not to say that I want Hope with Wyatt.  Like I said before, I kinda wish they would all go away, but I really hate it when schemers get their way.

• Love 4

This has totally been a thing on this show since forever. Among those episodes I found was one shortly after Ridge beat the Grant Chambers shooting rap and it came out that he'd sent a letter to Taylor explaining that he was covering for Rick....a letter Thorne (who was dating her at the time) intercepted "for her own good" because Ridge would try to manipulate her as he always does. Boy, do I have a feeling of dejavu here :/

The biggest difference 17 years ago was Taylor was allowed to call Thorne out on that shit, even if it was clear that we the audience was supposed to sympathize with Old Waffle (I didn't). But I'm glad she said something.

Why the hell has this show regressed so damn much? The only woman that really ever spoke her mind was Amber, and even there Rick was quick to call her trailer trash when she did something he didn't approve of. If the show acknowledged Liam's behavior as a manfestation of his own guilt or ever referenced their hit and miss relationship, that would be a step in the right direction. Like the line Bridget got after the now forgotten Logan's paternity was revealed telling Nick "You owe me." Quick, to the point, and what most of the audience had to be thinking after the uears of that marry-go-round. It was shitty enoigh that Hope's issues with virginty were waived away as they were.

How were they waved away?

Rick called Amber trailer trash because she was, he only told her the truth. Plus she was a nasty con artist and a gold digger. There wasn't one good thing about that bitch and she got everything she deserved, even Bill's attempt to throw her off the balcony for trying to pass off her child as Liam's!!

Edited by meow

Wyatt called Hope an "icon" in the same category as the Eiffel Tower. I know you are a big Hope fan, which is fine, but don't you think that is a bit extreme?

Yes but basically Hope is a very good person and doesn't set out to hurt people aka Shleppy or Amber, even Weanie.

• Love 1

I've been pretty sympathetic to Liam because, as @politichick so eloquently put it, when Liam and Hope got engaged last year they were supposed to be moving on from their past, and tit-for-tat is never the way you're supposed to grow in a relationship.  But I think Hope made her position much clearer (and sounded like a for real adult) today by making Liam admit who he was really upset at and saying, "This is how much I don't give an eff about this dude: let's use his plan to whisk me away to the most romantic city in the world as an opportunity to get married."  And Liam is still standing around whining.  "Will he be there?" 

Preach! Hope was working it like a female Keith Sweat and Liam's excuse was "he couldn't just drop everything and run off to Paris because he has responsibilities"? Um, dude? You work for your daddy. Delegate, do teleconferences, and handle your business (says the woman conducting webinars at 10:30 pm Chicago time to accommodate colleagues in Australia, but I digress). I really do get where Liam's coming from about the symbolism of the diamond, after today's show it seems to me that Liam isn’t so much about marrying the woman he loves right now as he is from keeping her from going to Paris with Wyatt (and Rick, et. al.) 

And for that, he can have a seat. JMO.

• Love 4

I would agree if we didn't just see Liam parachute in during the pregnancy scare and have absolutely no problem with Hope's idea of dating both brothers when she was in a monogamous relationship with Wyatt. (That certainly wasn't his idea, but he didn't object out of "respect" for Wyatt and Hope.) In all honesty, B&B would have 93% less storylines in it's history if everyone adhered to this.

Hope said Liam could stay during the pregnancy scare because it affected Lope's relationship which it did. Weanie still should have respected an ENGAGED LOPE but no, he kept trying to get her into his pants. He's trying to manipulate her back this time too and he hasn't denied it. He's a scheming creep of the highest order and Liam has every right to be angry and cautious!!

Wouldn't this logic cut both ways? When Liam and Hope have had their "misunderstandings", why was the onus not on Liam to tell Steffy to move on? How is it he gets a pass on his boorish behavior in excepting anything Steffy was offering? It is totally irrelevant who initiated the contact; Liam as the engaged party, should have put an end to it by citing his commitment to Hope. But oh hell no, there was dancing, drinking, kissing and marrying to do. Unfortunately, all the happened with the wrong person. Additionally, I didn't see Liam respecting Hope and Wyatt's relationship. He allowed them what, about a week of exclusivity, before barreling in with this ultimatum about dual romances and equal dating time? And don't get me started on his unwanted and unneeded presence when Hope was taking her pregnancy test.

Lope was different because there was always outside interference and they should have stayed away from an engaged Lope. That's the way relationships work. When a man or woman is in a committed relationship, others STAY AWAY. That's the rule of dating, at least it should be but no, Shleppy and Weanie go for it anyway!! Hope allowed Liam to stay during the pregnancy scare because it affected Lope's future. That's easily understandable!! Weanie was the one who demanded equal dating time, not Liam. Besides, Lope were ENGAGED and that means paws off!!

This. Yes, it's shady and unethical to go after someone who you know is involved with someone else, but it's even shadier and more unethical to be someone who is already in a relationship and give in to the person pursuing you. Liam always had the power of those two little letters: N.O. He chose not to use those letters because he liked that "fun, sexy" Steffy was into him. It was an ego boost. And, back when Hope was waiting for marriage, Steffy was pretty clearly offering what Liam wasn't getting. Yes, it's wrong to go after someone who's taken, but the two people in the relationship are the ones who have made a commitment to each other. If Liam had truly been committed to Hope, he would have informed Steffy that her attentions were unwelcome and shut down any future attempts to get close to him. If I wake up tomorrow and find out my husband cheated on me, my anger will be directed at him, as he's the person who promised fidelity to me. The buck stops there, no matter who tries to tempt him.

Again, Weanie and Shleppy should have stayed away from an engaged Lope but they didn't and Lope suffered the consequences. When a couple r committed or engaged, others need to stay away, far away and respect that couple but those two idiots named Weanie and Shleppy refused!!

Amber was trash.

Absolutely and she deserved to be treated as such!!

Fully agree. One of the things I can't stand about Liam is that he is always playing the victim card. It's never his fault and he always acts like the aggrieved party. Hope cancels a dinner the night before their wedding. He assumes this means she is rejecting him. Even though they obviously still have plans to get married the next day. So what does he do? He calls up his ex-wife, gets drunk, dances with her, wears a lampshade, and gets his hair dyed red.

He is irresponsible and immature and insecure. He is such a weakling and a wimp as well. Yesterday when Hope was saying the team (including Wyatt) was going to Paris to shoot some publicity photos, he just sits there with that same stupid "I'm about to cry again" expression while she tells him about the travel plans. It was all "you can't go. You can't be there with him." A real man who was secure in his supposedly secure relationship would have said, "Awesome! Free trip to Paris on the Forrester jet! How many nights are we going, I need to know how much underwear to bring."

Liam didn't know why she cancelled the dinner so a misunderstanding ensued which happens from time to time in relationships. Shleppy should have never, ever asked him out on the town the night before the wedding. It always came back to her and her nasty problem with interfering!! Liam should have said no but Shleppy should have never asked!! All that is in the past anyway and he's not that man anymore but Weanie is a dirty, interfering skunk and needs to finally respect that Lope r engaged. Got that Weanie? ENGAGED!!

Liam had every right to ask her not to go considering who it was she's going with and what he did to them before. He had every right. It's like that saying, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on u. If Liam trusted Weanie, haters would still hate him. He can't win for losing!!

I think the bottom line is that Hope and Liam were supposed to have moved beyond their silly past and were taking a fresh start moving forward that included Liam bonding with his brother and Wyatt respecting the boundaries he was no longer allowed to cross with Dope. Then she publicly accepts this diamond from a man the world knows she fucked. And as I previously stated, Liam did not object to the line being associated with the stone when Wyatt made his announcement, it was the gifting of it to Hope that pissed him off. What man wouldn't be pissed off? And now they're going to the most romantic city in the world on another diamond adventure?

Moreover, while yeah they had this little adventure in the beginning with the diamond and they used it to start marketing fun, funky Quinn jewelry, the fact is her line is targeted to teenagers and young women and I for one fail to understand why the diamond is so crucial to a line sold to that demographic. Make some better clothes because the ones I've seen are hideous.

To me, that diamond is more suited to the couture line. This storyline is crap.

That's exactly why Liam is pissed and he has every right to be. Thank you!!

Wyatt drove me nuts during yesterday's show with his little tippy toe whatever while in the meeting with the Forrester bigwigs. Whenever he said anything about Hope and the diamond, he did this little tippy toe jump up, like some little kid who's excited when mommy opens up her birthday present from a three year old.

LOL. I hate anything he does!!

• Love 1

I've been pretty sympathetic to Liam because, as @politichick so eloquently put it, when Liam and Hope got engaged last year they were supposed to be moving on from their past, and tit-for-tat is never the way you're supposed to grow in a relationship. But I think Hope made her position much clearer (and sounded like a for real adult) today by making Liam admit who he was really upset at and saying, "This is how much I don't give an eff about this dude: let's use his plan to whisk me away to the most romantic city in the world as an opportunity to get married." And Liam is still standing around whining. "Will he be there?" WHY would he be at your wedding if you don't invite him? I wish this wedding would actually take place so that I could see the look on Wyatt's face, but since history is every indicator on this show, it won't, and Liam will have no one to blame but himself.

Not to say that I want Hope with Wyatt. Like I said before, I kinda wish they would all go away, but I really hate it when schemers get their way.

And that's exactly why Lope aren't married, because of outside interferences like Shleppy, Quinn and Weanie who don't know how to respect someone else's relationship, ugh!!

This is how much I don't give an eff about this dude: let's use his plan to whisk me away to the most romantic city in the world as an opportunity to get married."  And Liam is still standing around whining.  "Will he be there?" 

This. Liam's whining and stalling were driving me crazy. After he ran out and pouted and made demands, Hope gave him the optimal chance to take advantage of the situation and all Liam did was stand there and argue. Dude, get a frickin' clue!!!

When I was watching that scene, it looked like KM and SC had all of the steam socked out of them. I thought they looked tired, bored and dejected, like they couldn't bear to utter another word of this insipid, drawn-out story.

And Liam's sudden argument that he couldn't get a way??? C'mon. The guy NEVER works because he's always hanging out at FC or holing up at home ruminating and pouting.

Maya is pathetic.

• Love 4

Hope said Liam could stay during the pregnancy scare because it affected Lope's relationship which it did. 

I could be wrong, since I was only sporadically watching then, but Hope had split up with Liam. She owed him nothing, and she should've shooed him out the room when he came in like Nosey Joe waiting for the results.

• Love 3

Wait, so are Hope and Liam engaged again?  Or just back together and "talking about getting married or starting a life together", or whatever they talk about?  I must've missed Liam asking again.  And Liam saying he can't drop everything and go to Paris becuase of his job made me actually laugh right out loud.  When was the last time we actually saw him even at the Spencer P offices?  It was before Ridge fell in da water, I'm pretty sure.  The fact that they've been having the same conversation for the last week or so at FORRESTER Creations, belies his claims that "work needs him!".

And if Hope really saw the diamond as a boost to the line, why didn't she accept it that way at the basement press conference?  Just say, on behalf of the Hope for the Future line, WE accept this generous gift and will be sure to incorporate its magic in our new Fall fashions (or whatever, you get where I'm going) instead of saying "Yeah sure" and putting the dang priceless 50 carat diamond in her romper pocket.

• Love 7

And Liam's sudden argument that he couldn't get a way??? C'mon. The guy NEVER works because he's always hanging out at FC or holing up at home ruminating and pouting.

Seriously, does anybody work on soaps anymore?

I'll give B&B credit for referencing jobs, though. When I watched Days of our Lives for a little bit last year when Eileen Davidson was on, I never learned what her character's love interest Brady* did for work.

*A character played by Kyle Lauder previously before he became Rick, who coincidentally also had a fling with ED's Ashley.Small world, that.

• Love 2
This. Liam's whining and stalling were driving me crazy. After he ran out and pouted and made demands, Hope gave him the optimal chance to take advantage of the situation and all Liam did was stand there and argue. Dude, get a frickin' clue!!!

When I was watching that scene, it looked like KM and SC had all of the steam socked out of them. I thought they looked tired, bored and dejected, like they couldn't bear to utter another word of this insipid, drawn-out story.

Agreed.  It was laughable that he claimed "I can't get away."  I said to my TV exactly what you just typed - he's always hanging around FC making sure Wyatt isn't "up to something."  Not to mention, his father owns the company, I think he can talk dear old Dad into letting him get away to Paris for a few days. Like Bill, of all people, is going to be all "nope, taking time off work to traipse around the world on romantic missions is so unprofessional!" 

It really just seemed like "if I just lighten the hell up and go along on this romantic trip with Hope, thumbing our noses at any plans Wyatt may have up his sleeve, I lose the chance to sit back and play victim, stewing over whatever Wyatt might be planning and how disloyal it would be of Hope to go." 

• Love 2

I could be wrong, since I was only sporadically watching then, but Hope had split up with Liam. She owed him nothing, and she should've shooed him out the room when he came in like Nosey Joe waiting for the results.

That always bothered me and didn't make a whole lot of sense. First of all, Hope and Wyatt were in a relationship at the time of the pregnancy scare. So... why was it suddenly Liam's business? And why did Hope abruptly switch gears and decide that she needed Liam to be in her life? She seemed perfectly happy with Wyatt. Granted, maybe those two KIDS are "destiny redux," but WTF? Liam, knowing that Hope was committed to Wyatt, should have butted out. Given that, I have no argument with Wyatt encroaching on Liam's latest relationship with Hope.

Speaking of, I do not recall Liam's latest proposal. I remember a proposal by the fountain on the grounds of the Forrester estate, but I thought that was the wedding attempt that Quinn ruined by luring back Steffy. There have been too many near misses to keep track!

This is another example of Bell's bad habit of changing his mind in the middle of what seems to be a reasonable storyline. Just like when Taylor was happily engaged to Rick and suddenly woke up one morning back in love with Ridge. Lather, rinse and repeat with Taylor and Whip.

Let those two juvenile losers hook up and get them off the screen for an extended honeymoon or something. Wyatt should cut his losses and take up with Ivy. She seems like a lot more fun than Mope.

Please get Hope out of that pink romper. It makes her look like a Holly Lobby girl and it's wrinkled to death. Since people have brought it up, I looked closely at her hair today and it looks really bad -- like a bad wig or hair that is in desperate need of a good deep conditioning treatment. I like Quinn with the longer, wavy hair and i happen to like her clothing style. It suits her well -reptilian!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 3

Maya is pathetic.

So Liam shouldn't have any concerns about Weanie given what happened the last time? Anybody would be OK if someone came in and swooped a fiancé off and tried to have sex with them and/or marry them while they were engaged? That's OK? If someone did that to me, I'd claw her nasty eyes out. Damn straight I would!!

Liam works plenty. He doesn't wear a suit for nothing. They're just not showing him at SP. So what??!! We don't know what they were feeling because we weren't there.

Liam, knowing that Hope was committed to Wyatt, should have butted out. Given that, I have no argument with Wyatt encroaching on Liam's latest relationship with Hope.

Agreed. At this point, all four of Hope, Wyatt, Liam, and Steffy have inserted themselves into things when the person they are after is involved with someone else. I think all four have lost the right to be indignant over it by now. 

• Love 2

Well she didn't, she allowed him to stay. It was his business because it affected Lope's future!! She's owes him plenty after sleeping with a fiancée stealer. Weanie needed to stay far away from her. She was engaged for cripes sake!! Stay away from engaged couples!!

Wait, so are Hope and Liam engaged again? Or just back together and "talking about getting married or starting a life together", or whatever they talk about? I must've missed Liam asking again. And Liam saying he can't drop everything and go to Paris becuase of his job made me actually laugh right out loud. When was the last time we actually saw him even at the Spencer P offices? It was before Ridge fell in da water, I'm pretty sure. The fact that they've been having the same conversation for the last week or so at FORRESTER Creations, belies his claims that "work needs him!".

And if Hope really saw the diamond as a boost to the line, why didn't she accept it that way at the basement press conference? Just say, on behalf of the Hope for the Future line, WE accept this generous gift and will be sure to incorporate its magic in our new Fall fashions (or whatever, you get where I'm going) instead of saying "Yeah sure" and putting the dang priceless 50 carat diamond in her romper pocket.

She put it in the safe but she should have said it that way, who knows why she didn't.

Liam never wears a suit unless he's been at work. For some reason they're not showing him there, big deal!!

Seriously, does anybody work on soaps anymore?

I'll give B&B credit for referencing jobs, though. When I watched Days of our Lives for a little bit last year when Eileen Davidson was on, I never learned what her character's love interest Brady* did for work.

*A character played by Kyle Lauder previously before he became Rick, who coincidentally also had a fling with ED's Ashley.Small world, that.

Exactly about work and who cares anyway u know? It makes absolutely no sense to me why Liam not having been at work is such a dog gone big deal!!

My blood pressure and I would like to extend a belated thanks to radish for the 'Ignore' tutorial. I have yet to use the option to view the ignored poster's thread...just sayin'[/quote.]

I don't ignore anyone just because they don't agree with me. I like to read everybody's posts whether they do or not. I don't get the need for an ignore feature but to eat h their own.

Exactly about work and who cares anyway u know? It makes absolutely no sense to me why Liam not having been at work is such a dog gone big deal!!

The big deal as I see and understand it is because Liam is balking at going to Paris with the one Love of his Life because he's got to work. Got. To. Work.  When we never see him even AT work. So his character is the one making it a big deal.  I think the last "work" he did at Spencer was the story about the animal shelter.  Even if he couldn't get away that day, he could at least say "Let me tie up some loose ends at work, I'll meet you there."

Does anyone know if Lope are actually engaged again?

Charlie and Pam might be on to something, they just have the wrong target.  I think it was LittleIggy who predicted that maybe Ol' Bubbling Cauldrin Quinn had something to do with the Mexican jewel merchant's convenient death and strange bequeathment to Wyatt. 

Is there some reason that Maya is hanging around making travel and photo shoot arrangements with Rick and Ivy et al? I guess I can understand why Oliver's there, Aly keeps him close...or maybe he chooses to stay close to Aly...but why Business Suit Barbie?

• Love 4

Is there some reason that Maya is hanging around making travel and photo shoot arrangements with Rick and Ivy et al? I guess I can understand why Oliver's there, Aly keeps him close...or maybe he chooses to stay close to Aly...but why Business Suit Barbie?

You'd have to ask Rick that one.  It seemed like he was the one that asked her to do that today.

• Love 1

It's the thing of writers telling us things without actually showing it, although that's a general criticism of the show in general. It's hard to get invested in something we never see. And as pointed out, his dad owns the frigging company. Despite being Team Steffy still I assume, I'm sure he could manage without Liam just fine.

• Love 3

The big deal as I see and understand it is because Liam is balking at going to Paris with the one Love of his Life because he's got to work. Got. To. Work. When we never see him even AT work. So his character is the one making it a big deal. I think the last "work" he did at Spencer was the story about the animal shelter. Even if he couldn't get away that day, he could at least say "Let me tie up some loose ends at work, I'll meet you there."

Does anyone know if Lope are actually engaged again?

Charlie and Pam might be on to something, they just have the wrong target. I think it was LittleIggy who predicted that maybe Ol' Bubbling Cauldrin Quinn had something to do with the Mexican jewel merchant's convenient death and strange bequeathment to Wyatt.

Is there some reason that Maya is hanging around making travel and photo shoot arrangements with Rick and Ivy et al? I guess I can understand why Oliver's there, Aly keeps him close...or maybe he chooses to stay close to Aly...but why Business Suit Barbie?

Whether he's worked or not is no big deal and he like I said he never wears a suit unless he has. It's just an excuse to bash him more, SMH. At least when I bash Weanie I have a very good reason because of the way he goes after some other man's fiancé or gf. He's a stupid jerk for doing so and it's very disrespectful to Lope, especially Liam. I hope Weanie gets pushed in the ocean to cool him off. GO LIAM, GO!! Hope should have never taken such a diamond from someone she fucked. It's just common sense but she didn't have any!!

Hope proposed to Liam today with the rings. Liam has every right to be upset about the diamond and Weanie because of what happened before. Like I said if he had trusted him there would be no end of bashing accusing him of being stupid for not figuring it out because Liam can't win no matter what he does or doesn't do, ugh!!

It's the thing of writers telling us things without actually showing it, although that's a general criticism of the show in general. It's hard to get invested in something we never see. And as pointed out, his dad owns the frigging company. Despite being Team Steffy still I assume, I'm sure he could manage without Liam just fine.

I think Bill's moved on to "Team whatever Liam wants me to be, because I don't want to piss him off anymore."  I think I remember him trying to pressure Wyatt to back away from Hope for Liam. 

• Love 1

Bill is quite capable of handling things on his own unlike Hatie who only cared about fucking Ridge every day instead of going to work. Bill isn't team anybody anymore, he's supporting Lope like he should after all he did to keep them apart. Liam works plenty, otherwise he wouldn't wear a suit. It doesn't matter anyway, SMH.

I think Bill's moved on to "Team whatever Liam wants me to be, because I don't want to piss him off anymore." I think I remember him trying to pressure Wyatt to back away from Hope for Liam.

It's not at all what Liam wants it to be. Bill had every right to support Lope, especially after everything Bill did to keep them apart!! Weanie should have stayed away from an engaged Lope but no he continued to disrespect their relationship. He's a stupid pig and I LMFAO after she dumped him!! :)

Charlie and Pam might be on to something, they just have the wrong target.  I think it was LittleIggy who predicted that maybe Ol' Bubbling Cauldrin Quinn had something to do with the Mexican jewel merchant's convenient death and strange bequeathment to Wyatt. 

Quinn was the first person I thought of when they said the Guardian of the Most Specialist Diamond (that looks like a sapphire) Evah died and left the rock to Wyatt. She probably sexed him to death with her whip and stilettos!

• Love 3

Aww you guys, I love talking about Old Bold!

A couple of my friends happened to purchase B&B's Anniversary Book several years ago, which should be required reading for any new writer, as well as Brad Bell from time to time.

I love this book and all the glossy pictures in it, it's one of my prized possessions. And it only cost me 10 bucks!

I also had the pleasure of viewing some of the older shows from 1987 this past weekend.  What joy!

When they put up the first 25 episodes on the website for the 25th anniversary, it was like going to heaven.  I wish they had followed that up with more of those episodes.

Tell me about it! I bought the first 50 episodes earlier this year and spent the summer (different hemisphere) watching them back to back, and it was glorious. The thing that struck me the most (other than falling in love with the gorgeous John McCook all over again, Good Lord Above) was how truly vile Stephanie was - everything she said was laden with venom and she was so, so cold-hearted! I would often catch myself saying "What a witch!" as I was watching her, but loving every second. She was always a pretty horrible character, but particularly in the beginning she was just so hateful.

Sigh. Now I'm all nostalgic.

• Love 5

If Stephanie's love child with Mass Marone was anyone but Ridge, I would probably be generous and label him/her a Forrester, but since it is Ridge, and I've hated Ridge for at least two decades and two actors, I'm not feeling generous.  So to be specific, Brooke has five kids:  

• two Forresters (via Eric) Eric Jr (Rick) and Bridget
  • two Marones (via Ridge and Nick) Ridge Jr. (RJ) and Jack
  • one Sharpe (via Deacon) Hope

Does anyone know where Jack Marone is?  Does Nick have him?  Will he turn up in LA one day with a major chip on his shoulder?

• Love 2

If nothing else the past week has demonstrated to me how far this show has fallen, and how much I miss the good old days when Bell senior was in charge. I never thought I would see FC's reduced to a flop house, dependent on a twenty something with a message and a diamond. Where is the fashion? Where are the fashion wars? I miss Red Suit Brooke, and found myself cringing yesterday as she talked to Deacon saying things like "I don't know what she is thinking". These are the exact same things Stephanie used to say about Brooke when she introduced something new at Forrester. Where is the renegade, the risk taker, the innovator, the visionary I have come to love over the last three decades.

I resent beyond all belief that I have invested over a year of viewing time watching Brooke and Bill's love story evolve, and now, I am supposed to chuck them to the side for Ridge and Katie? Ridge, who has behaved nothing less than a Neanderthal since his return from Paris, charging around town telling everyone what they will and wont' be doing. Attempting to undermine the work done by those left behind at Forrester, as he was off walking, and thinking, and learning about poetry. A man who was so involved in his own self, that he couldn't be bothered to come home for his mother's funeral, or to comfort his daughter after losing his grandchild. Coupled with Katie, the dour, Lemonhead sucking, unpleasant, and most unsympathetic character on the show. I am supposed to prefer their three weeks of discovery; discovery based on their mutual unhappiness and angst about Brooke and Bill? Sorry, I don't buy any of it. It is an "engagement" of convenience; Katie saw her chance at the big prize (as if!), and Ridge saw his chance to hurt Brooke and to get back at her for supporting Bill. They are both wholly immature and juvenile, not to mention delusional.

This show needs an injection of good writing stat. I realize this is soap land, but this show used to know how to build a SL, and make viewers invest in it's characters. Brooke/Ridge/Taylor were the triangle, but it worked because all the principals had chemistry with each other, and they each had their own unique stories and histories. Additionally, they were allowed to stay together for more than a day, before jumping ship to the other one. This nonsense with Hope and Liam is just that; nonsense. Who friggin cares? The characters are not compelling, and I generally feel like I am watching some sort of hybrid form of Saved By The Bell. And these two are supposed to be the future of B&B? Yeah, good luck with that.

WTF?:

Liam can't go to Paris because he has to "work"? Huh?

Liam won't go to Paris if Wyatt is going to be there?

Hope might compromise what she wants, and give the diamond back if Liam comes to Paris with her, or meets her there?

Per the newest Promo on CBS's site, it looks like we will have a new "Misadventure of Hope and Liam" in Paris. They show a distressed Liam running toward the Eiffel Tower shouting Hope's name........just fill in the blanks, cause we have seen this shit about a thousand times already. But you know, when you base your future on a loosely arranged meeting in Paris, in front of the Eiffel Tower, with no cemented time or day? Idiots are just setting themselves up for disaster. Like I said before; there ain't no fixin stupid.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

Forgot to put in my earlier post that there is also a brief glimpse of a scarf wearing Quinn on the plane with Liam. Really? Really SHOW? Again, just fill in the blanks......Oooooh, do ya think Quinn will have something to do with Liam not getting to his destination in time? And of course his tardiness means he doesn't want to marry Hope now. God forbid someone pick up one of their expensive Smart Phones and find out what the heck is going on.

• Love 7

Aww you guys, I love talking about Old Bold!

I love this book and all the glossy pictures in it, it's one of my prized possessions. And it only cost me 10 bucks!

Tell me about it! I bought the first 50 episodes earlier this year and spent the summer (different hemisphere) watching them back to back, and it was glorious. The thing that struck me the most (other than falling in love with the gorgeous John McCook all over again, Good Lord Above) was how truly vile Stephanie was - everything she said was laden with venom and she was so, so cold-hearted! I would often catch myself saying "What a witch!" as I was watching her, but loving every second. She was always a pretty horrible character, but particularly in the beginning she was just so hateful.

Sigh. Now I'm all nostalgic.

I agree that Stephanie was a truly vile creature.  That's why it has astounded--and saddened me--for years that this was the woman Brooke desperately wanted the approval of and placed on a pedestal.  Even after some of the heinous things she has done, Brooke was still trying to get Stephanie's approval.  It would have been a cold day in hell before I agreed to be there to help someone like Stephanie transition...other than to close her nostrils at the end to ensure she was actually dead.  But, that's just me.  It's typical Brooke though.  Those early episodes already showed her capacity to forgive as she begged Storm to try to forgive Stephen for deserting his family when the 7th anniversary of that event was noted.  The one thing I will give the writers kudos for is their consistency in showing how Stephen's desertion really did a number on his daughters particularly in their future relationships with men.

It also shocked and pissed me off that Stephanie was later held up as some ideal of motherhood when I saw in real time how much she hated her daughter, Kristen, and didn't have much of a relationship with Felicia.  There is no way in the world that woman should have been able to fix her mouth to squawk about someone else's parenting.  The couple of occasions when Brooke and Taylor called Stephanie out for her incestuous feelings for Ridge, they were both paid with a slap across the face.  Truth hurts though, doesn't it?  Thorne (the Jan Brady of the Forrester clan) is still pollinating in the background although he is literally Eric's firstborn son.  Kristen and Felicia are MIA, and they both have children who are never mentioned.  Meanwhile, Prince Ridge--the son on whom the sun rose and set--is allowed to march his raggedy ass into Forrester Creations after a long absence, throw his weight around, make demands and still have a position with the company.  Incredible.  Truth be told, Brooke and Eric have been the only people who have been consistently loyal to Forrester Creations.  Children or not, if someone had stolen my designs and taken them to a rival fashion house or engaged in other acts of sabotage because they were in a snit, they wouldn't be allowed back.  Not even to visit and say hello.

If nothing else the past week has demonstrated to me how far this show has fallen, and how much I miss the good old days when Bell senior was in charge. I never thought I would see FC's reduced to a flop house, dependent on a twenty something with a message and a diamond. Where is the fashion? Where are the fashion wars? I miss Red Suit Brooke, and found myself cringing yesterday as she talked to Deacon saying things like "I don't know what she is thinking". These are the exact same things Stephanie used to say about Brooke when she introduced something new at Forrester. Where is the renegade, the risk taker, the innovator, the visionary I have come to love over the last three decades.

I resent beyond all belief that I have invested over a year of viewing time watching Brooke and Bill's love story evolve, and now, I am supposed to chuck them to the side for Ridge and Katie? Ridge, who has behaved nothing less than a Neanderthal since his return from Paris, charging around town telling everyone what they will and wont' be doing. Attempting to undermine the work done by those left behind at Forrester, as he was off walking, and thinking, and learning about poetry. A man who was so involved in his own self, that he couldn't be bothered to come home for his mother's funeral, or to comfort his daughter after losing his grandchild. Coupled with Katie, the dour, Lemonhead sucking, unpleasant, and most unsympathetic character on the show. I am supposed to prefer their three weeks of discovery; discovery based on their mutual unhappiness and angst about Brooke and Bill? Sorry, I don't buy any of it. It is an "engagement" of convenience; Katie saw her chance at the big prize (as if!), and Ridge saw his chance to hurt Brooke and to get back at her for supporting Bill. They are both wholly immature and juvenile, not to mention delusional.

I couldn't agree more, Run the Table.  It's as if these writers would screw up a one-car funeral procession if left to their own devices.  I'm still trying to figure out when a premiere fashion house became a jobs program for young people who evidently can't get a job anywhere else.  Should Wynutt be on some kind of probation or at the very least, restricted in his duties and the access he has?  Yet, here he is calling press conferences and making executive decisions.  Why are models, DJ's and all other sundry folk sitting in executive meetings without nary an executive over 30 present?  Why isn't Brooke there running shit so that she doesn't have to focus on her personal life?  And, speaking of which, why is Deacon still in her presence and why would she commiserate with him about anything related to the goings-on at Forrester Creations even if Hope was involved?  And, speaking of companies with jobs programs, does Lame have a seat on the board that we didn't know about?  That's the only reason I can find for him constantly being at Forrester Creations instead of at Spencer Publications where he belongs.  If I had a boyfriend who was ALWAYS in my grill to the point where I can't even escape him at work, it would give me some serious pause.

This is definitely the summer of my discontent.  A gorgeous Middle Eastern remote was wasted on a non-wedding to prop up Kringe and Ridge as some kind of superhero.  It has been beyond frustrating to watch the schizophrenic writing and seeing the chairs being rearranged to provide storylines for a bunch of superfluous characters.  Don't even get me started on the way that Brill has stalled to not only prop up Kringe, but to also accommodate Deacon who evidently doesn't have a storyline outside of the delusional belief that he "deserves" a chance to be with Brooke.  Now, we have a gorgeous remote wasted on what amounts to Groundhog Day because--yes--we have seen this shit before!

I just can't.  

• Love 6

I agree that Rick and Bridget should be more of the focus.  Why did they get skipped over in favour of the neverending saga of Hope, Liam, and Wyatt?  Rick and Bridget were on the show since they were babies.  I guess Hope too.  But Liam is a character who has only been around for the last 4 years or so, and Wyatt for one. Why have these two been annointed as the lead younger males?

That said, I don't care for this Rick.  I wasn't watching when he was first on the show.  But I liked both of the other ones (Justin Torkildsen and Kyle Lowder) much better.  Kyle Lowder was a good Rick, after he cut his hair and became less GorillaRick..  He actually had storyline, with Phoebe, Steffy, and Taylor.  The guy who plays the current Rick has really tiny beady eyes, even beadier than Liam.  His face is getting fatter and with his hair slicked back short like that, he increasingly resembles the love child of an old John Travolta.  It's not a good look.

Per the newest Promo on CBS's site, it looks like we will have a new "Misadventure of Hope and Liam" in Paris. They show a distressed Liam running toward the Eiffel Tower shouting Hope's name.
Gag.  And let me guess, she's going to be getting into an elevator for a ride to the top with Wyatt?  Ugh.  It's like Aspen Gondola all over again.
  • Love 3

If Hope and Liam do not get married in Paris due to some sort of silly misunderstanding that could be cleared up by a phone call or having a conversation (for reference, see weddings 1,2,3 and 4), I want them both to shut up about their 'true love'.

If Hope runs off and then actually does something extremely stupid like marrying Wyatt or some random French guy (because grooms/brides are interchangeable on this show), I want her to shut up about their 'true love'.

If Liam runs off and finds Steffy or Ivy to drown his sorrows with, I want him to shut up about their 'true love'.

I hope they do get married, and then embark on a 52 week honeymoon off screen.

• Love 11

Are we going to see Steffy at all?  I mean, they are in Paris, which is supposedly where she has squirreled herself away to.  She's supposed to be working at Forrester International.  They are doing a photoshoot in Paris, and I would find it hard to believe they wouldn't take the opportunity to drop in on Forrester International.

If Jacqueline Wood agreed to shoot some scenes, I could see Liam going to see her, there is the same tired Liam/Hope misunderstanding, and Hope runs off with Wyatt to marry him at the top of the Eiffel Tower, etc.  Or something similar.  So very typical and predicatable.

Are Mushmouth and Daisy also supposed to be at International?  Or are they still in L.A. but nobody ever sees them or talks about them?  And what about Taylor?  I remember Thorne was going to dump Taylor for Aly's sake, but Aly said it was OK because she wanted him to be happy.  Didn't Taylor fly back to Paris?  Or are Thorne and Taylor also still in L.A. but nobody ever sees them or talks about them?

• Love 1