Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Yes, that's why I didn't believe the people jumping off are Hope/Wyatt (I don't think the female looks like Hope, too muscular) but the still photo with Hope facing the camera and the man's back to the camera looks like Wyatt to me.

(edited)

Yes, that is the correct link, thanks for posting it donovan.

Yes, that's why I didn't believe the people jumping off are Hope/Wyatt (I don't think the female looks like Hope, too muscular) but the still photo with Hope facing the camera and the man's back to the camera looks like Wyatt to me.

Agreed. The females hair looks right, but the body is far too muscular to be KM, so I just assumed they were body doubles for that portion of the shoot. In the still photo though, the guy definitely looks like DB/Wyatt to me.

Edited by RuntheTable

I don't care who the hell Hope marries, I hope she marries one of them and sits happily on the backburner for a good long while. There are other story lines I find more interesting right now.

Ivy resembles Quinn to me.

• Love 6

http://www.serialscoop.com/2014/06/the-bold-and-beautiful-spoilers-jani.html

Is this it? That does look more like Wyatt than Liam. hmmmm Especially in the 1st still photo with his back to the camera and being dabbed on the back of his neck.

Of course, this is B&B - it could be a dream sequence.

Thx very much for posting this!! There's no way to tell who it is because his back is turned. I just don't see her marrying him because she turned him down that time he proposed and she refused to live with him so why would she marry him now? It just makes no sense to me that she would because of that. All we can do is wait and see. Does anybody know when this wedding is supposed to air?

You're right, it doesn't look like Hope, at all IMO. If she has a double than whoever she's marrying will have one too so there's just no way to tell if it's Liam or Wyatt. IMO this is a fake photo to make us talk about who she's marrying but that's JMO.

• Love 1

Hope has never made sense anyway, so why should she start now?  (frankly neither has Liam)

Liam's been free from Steffy for quite a while now, so why did Hope start and continue to date Wyatt if she was so in love and wanted to be married to Liam? They could have been married months ago.

She loves the attention from both men, so I think the jury is still out on who her one true love actually is.

If she and Wyatt do get married because of some misunderstanding between she and Liam (again???) it would prove that she is as immature as she ever was. How many weddings have they already tried to have?  Is she even old enough to drink yet?  It's all nonsense imo.

• Love 7

Hope has never made sense anyway, so why should she start now? (frankly neither has Liam)

Liam's been free from Steffy for quite a while now, so why did Hope start and continue to date Wyatt if she was so in love and wanted to be married to Liam? They could have been married months ago.

She loves the attention from both men, so I think the jury is still out on who her one true love actually is.

If she and Wyatt do get married because of some misunderstanding between she and Liam (again???) it would prove that she is as immature as she ever was. How many weddings have they already tried to have? Is she even old enough to drink yet? It's all nonsense imo.

Hope is still young and playing the field like women her age do. I don't call that immature, it's normal. What does being old enough to drink have to do with anything? LOL. Hope is no more immature than other girls her age. I just don't see any signs of a misunderstanding between her and Liam. They're very much in love as they've been for yrs. IMO it's a dream Wyatt is having and those photos r misleading to keep us talking.

I don't care who the hell Hope marries, I hope she marries one of them and sits happily on the backburner for a good long while. There are other story lines I find more interesting right now.

Ivy resembles Quinn to me.

How? We don't even know anything about her yet. If it's her looks I don't see it.

(edited)

Yes, that is the picture.  The two people jumping off the boat are stunt doubles. 

But

The original video which accompanied the story and was subsequently taken down, very clearly showed Wyatt and Hope boarding the yacht.

Yes, Hope turned down Wyatt's proposal previously.  However, there is nothing to stop her from saying yes to Wyatt in the future, particularly if there is another "huge" misunderstanding between Hope and Liam.

Though the Paris scenes were filmed after Monacco, they air first and then Monacco at the end of July and in August.

Most primetime TV shows and movies shoot out of story sequence for a number of reasons but soaps usually do not unless they do tape aheads which is what I believe happened here.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 1

Yes, Hope turned down Wyatt's proposal previously.  However, there is nothing to stop her from saying yes to Wyatt in the future, particularly if there is another "huge" misunderstanding between Hope and Liam.

Exactly.  This is B&B, which rarely mirrors reality.  I wouldn't be surprised if Stephanie returns from the grave as a vegan yoga instructor and seduces Liam away from Hope.

• Love 7

Yep, those are likely body doubles, but the guy is wearing the same suit as the one in the picture of KM standing with what looks pretty clearly, to me, to be DB.  So, unless Liam and Wyatt are wearing the exact same suit... 

Hope is still young and playing the field like women her age do.

I wouldn't really call what Hope has been doing "playing the field."  Women who are playing the field don't, generally, seem so focused on weddings.  Hell, I'd have more respect for Hope if she was just happily playing the field and admitted that she likes having multiple guys into her.  It'd be more honest than flip-flopping from one "serious/exclusive" relationship to another. 

• Love 6
Hope is still young and playing the field like women her age do. I don't call that immature, it's normal. What does being old enough to drink have to do with anything? LOL. Hope is no more immature than other girls her age.

KerleyQ beat me to it. When I think of "Playing the field," I think of characters like Samantha Jones, who owned it and didn't need to be in a relationship to be defined.

But aside from the first few months of her SORAS before the Pose Wall Boink came out, Hope has pretty much been relationship oriented. And I do agree that at her age it wouldn't be out the norm for her to try on a few guys for size....in RL L.A., that would pretty much be expected. Hell, one of the things that pushed Liam and Steffy together to begin with was Hope shilling her morality on sex as a selling point for HFTF--without even discussing that with Liam. Waffle or not, no guy should have to find out his girl wants to wait for marriage through a press conference on live television.

That said, having her eyes opened in recent weeks by the rest of the stupidity around her may prove interesting if TIIc actually follow through with it and have her stick with either of these two for longer than two weeks. Or God forbid, have some bonding time with Deacon and give her a storyline that has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or being the center of attention that taps into show history that dates back further than May Sweeps. I'm sure Ashley Jones may be willing to return for a few weeks if asked.

• Love 4

She's not even old enough to drink and yet has tried to get married 5+ times already.

If she wants to play the field, then she should stop planning weddings.

Like I asked, what does being old enough to drink have anything to do with it? LOL. She's made her choice and it's Liam. I'm very conciliated by what I think is a phoney photo to throw us off.

Yes, that is the picture. The two people jumping off the boat are stunt doubles.

But

The original video which accompanied the story and was subsequently taken down, very clearly showed Wyatt and Hope boarding the yacht.

Yes, Hope turned down Wyatt's proposal previously. However, there is nothing to stop her from saying yes to Wyatt in the future, particularly if there is another "huge" misunderstanding between Hope and Liam.

Though the Paris scenes were filmed after Monacco, they air first and then Monacco at the end of July and in August.

Most primetime TV shows and movies shoot out of story sequence for a number of reasons but soaps usually do not unless they do tape aheads which is what I believe happened here.

But Lope hasn't had even one misunderstanding so it makes no sense to me. I wonder why the original photo was taken down? Thx for the date info.

Yep, those are likely body doubles, but the guy is wearing the same suit as the one in the picture of KM standing with what looks pretty clearly, to me, to be DB. So, unless Liam and Wyatt are wearing the exact same suit...

I wouldn't really call what Hope has been doing "playing the field." Women who are playing the field don't, generally, seem so focused on weddings. Hell, I'd have more respect for Hope if she was just happily playing the field and admitted that she likes having multiple guys into her. It'd be more honest than flip-flopping from one "serious/exclusive" relationship to another.

Oh well, that's the way this is being written. Besides it's a soap which like someone else said rarely mirrors real life. I'm sure some people do it in real life too, we just never hear about it.

KerleyQ beat me to it. When I think of "Playing the field," I think of characters like Samantha Jones, who owned it and didn't need to be in a relationship to be defined.

But aside from the first few months of her SORAS before the Pose Wall Boink came out, Hope has pretty much been relationship oriented. And I do agree that at her age it wouldn't be out the norm for her to try on a few guys for size....in RL L.A., that would pretty much be expected. Hell, one of the things that pushed Liam and Steffy together to begin with was Hope shilling her morality on sex as a selling point for HFTF--without even discussing that with Liam. Waffle or not, no guy should have to find out his girl wants to wait for marriage through a press conference on live television.

That said, having her eyes opened in recent weeks by the rest of the stupidity around her may prove interesting if TIIc actually follow through with it and have her stick with either of these two for longer than two weeks. Or God forbid, have some bonding time with Deacon and give her a storyline that has absolutely nothing to do with marriage or being the center of attention that taps into show history that dates back further than May Sweeps. I'm sure Ashley Jones may be willing to return for a few weeks if asked.

Liam wasn't pushed to Steffy by anybody. The only reason he was ever with her was because she tricked him, aka the gondola trap, the Malibu wedding, and Aspen because she knew he was going to marry Hope and she couldn't have that, oh no!! He was only with her when Hope dumped him for good reasons. She was with Wyatt for like 10 months or something like that. She'd have been married to Liam some time ago if it wasn't for that nasty Steffy and Bill!!

• Love 1
(edited)

JMHO Hope turning down Wyatt's proposal previously has no bearing on the present and whether or not she'd marry Wyatt after a disagreement with Liam. Liam did the same Hope. They're both flighty feather heads who make rush decisions. It's history repeating Itself with them.

I like the new girl Ivy.

Can Carter dump Myrna? He's actually the cutest guy in the show. JMHO!

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

Like I asked, what does being old enough to drink have anything to do with it? LOL. She's made her choice and it's Liam. I'm very conciliated by what I think is a phoney photo to throw us off.

I guess I'm not making myself clear here.  She isn't even 21 yet (US drinking age) and yet has tried to get married 5+ times.  I think that is crazy, and maybe she should give up the idea of marriage for a bit and just date casually.

It seems very important to you that Hope (a fictional character) marries Liam (another fictional character).  I hope that works out for you.  That doesn't mean the rest of us can't talk about 'what ifs' without being nitpicked to death about how wrong we are.

• Love 16
(edited)

JMHO Hope turning down Wyatt's proposal previously has no bearing on the present and whether or not she'd marry Wyatt after a disagreement with Liam. Liam did the same Hope. They're both flighty feather heads who make rush decisions. It's history repeating Itself with them.

I like the new girl Ivy.

Can Carter dump Myrna? He's actually the cutest guy in the show. JMHO!

We each have our own opinion and that was mine. Lope r doing just fine and there's no evidence of them arguing, nor r there aren't any spoilers to indicate it. I just do not get where the idea of her marrying Wyatt comes from. Those pics tell nothing. It's all just a big guess at this time but I vote for it being that weasel Wyatt's dream. Hope wouldn't marry him just because of a disagreement with Liam because she's just not like that. What Lope disagreement?? I see none, hence the dream sequence and phoney pics.

I guess I'm not making myself clear here. She isn't even 21 yet (US drinking age) and yet has tried to get married 5+ times. I think that is crazy, and maybe she should give up the idea of marriage for a bit and just date casually.

It seems very important to you that Hope (a fictional character) marries Liam (another fictional character). I hope that works out for you. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't talk about 'what ifs' without being nitpicked to death about how wrong we are.

Again it doesn't matter if she's not 21 yet, SMH!! It has no hearing on how many times she's tried to get married. She would have been if Steffy and Bill had stayed out of things!! I wasn't nitpicking anybody, just giving my opinion like we all can, SMH!

Of course I want Lope married because they're my fav couple and I've waited four long yrs for them to get married. There's nothing wrong with my wanting that. We all get our opinion.

Edited by meow
  • Love 1

There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion but let's stop stating the same thing over and over, everyone. We have our Loper's & our ?? Hyatts (does that work??) so we're good. Remember that stating things with I statements (I think etc.... ) instead of just stating your opinion as fact is preferred. 

Remember that posting about other posters negatively is a no no. That goes for all the posters. :)

• Love 6
If only.  I was thinking that they could have brought Bridget back on instead of continuing with the jewelry stories with this new Ivy.

There'd be room for both Bridget and Ivy if some dead wood were jettisoned.  Actually, Deacon's return would've been way more dramatic had Bridget been on the canvas.  She was the one he hurt the most after all.

• Love 4

She's not even old enough to drink and yet has tried to get married 5+ times already.

If she wants to play the field, then she should stop planning weddings.

Thank you for finally saying this!  I have never understood this privileged woman-child's rush to get married when she has so many educational and professional options and opportunities available to her.  Why she simply doesn't date like other young women her age is a mystery for the ages.

I have to say that I find it fascinating that Hope is able to date two brothers with no judgments from anyone whatsoever.  Yet, she doesn't hesitate to form her self-righteous lips to put her mother down at every opportunity.  I'm also wondering why she has yet to be called out on supporting Kringe's need to "explore their feelings" and allowing her mother to be blind-sided.

It's also hilarious that she thinks Bill is the most evil man who ever eviled.  Yet, she's willing to give Deacon a chance to show that he's "changed."  Don't even get me started on her praise and worship of Ridge--the man whom she knows dogged Brooke out repeatedly.  Hopefully (no pun intended), Hope will finally discover that the only difference between Bill and Deacon is that Bill's got bank, is in better shape and never, EVER wanted to sleep with Amber Moore.

• Love 4

I have to say that I find it fascinating that Hope is able to date two brothers with no judgments from anyone whatsoever.  Yet, she doesn't hesitate to form her self-righteous lips to put her mother down at every opportunity.  

She did apologize to Brooke, for what it's worth.  Let's hope it sticks!

One thing that has always driven me crazy about the way Bradley writes this show is that one person in a triangle is always the "bad guy".  He did it for years with Brooke and Taylor with Brooke making all the mistakes and always being called on it and Taylor "Kerrigan" skating.  Heck, Taylor never had to do anything, Stephanie was always around to fight her battles for her. 

Neither Brooke or Taylor was ever, ever allowed to call Ridge out, tell him to "get stuffed" and move the heck on.  And when either woman tried, there was Ridge all up in their business.  Substitute Katie for Taylor and Bill for Nick and you'd be forgiven for having "deja vu, all over again".

Now fast forward to Liam/Steffy/Hope or alternately Liam/Hope/Wyatt.  Steffy was always the manipulator, Liam the waffler and Hope, the poor, put-upon.  The show never made clear to me why two beautiful, intelligent, hard-working women would want Liam.  Hope forgave Liam for marrying Steffy with her engagement ring, for lying about the annulment papers, for being ready to run off with Steffy in Italy, etc.  She should have let Steffy have him long ago.

Then when she finally moved on with Wyatt, he got the scheming and mistakes, the crazy mother doing awful deeds, the new scheming, etc.

Enough is enough.  Please Bradley, try something new!

• Love 5
Hope forgave Liam for marrying Steffy with her engagement ring,

That's one that I still keep going back to.  Has he ever bought a new engagement ring by now?  Or has he just kept recycling the same one back and forth between the two of them for years? 

• Love 2
(edited)

One thing that has always driven me crazy about the way Bradley writes this show is that one person in a triangle is always the "bad guy".  He did it for years with Brooke and Taylor with Brooke making all the mistakes and always being called on it and Taylor "Kerrigan" skating.  Heck, Taylor never had to do anything, Stephanie was always around to fight her battles for her. 

Neither Brooke or Taylor was ever, ever allowed to call Ridge out, tell him to "get stuffed" and move the heck on.  And when either woman tried, there was Ridge all up in their business.  Substitute Katie for Taylor and Bill for Nick and you'd be forgiven for having "deja vu, all over again".

Now fast forward to Liam/Steffy/Hope or alternately Liam/Hope/Wyatt.  Steffy was always the manipulator, Liam the waffler and Hope, the poor, put-upon.  The show never made clear to me why two beautiful, intelligent, hard-working women would want Liam.  Hope forgave Liam for marrying Steffy with her engagement ring, for lying about the annulment papers, for being ready to run off with Steffy in Italy, etc.  She should have let Steffy have him long ago.

Then when she finally moved on with Wyatt, he got the scheming and mistakes, the crazy mother doing awful deeds, the new scheming, etc.

Enough is enough.  Please Bradley, try something new!

Preach, LuLu123!

That Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle was arguably B&B's bread and butter for years, which is why it went on way too long through contrivance after contrivance with Brooke repeatedly ending up the "loser" of the booby prize known as Ridge.  By the time, Bradley decided to keep them together, it was too late for this particular viewer, who could never understand why these two women didn't commiserate about what Ridge actually told them while the other woman wasn't around.

Bradley has been trying to recreate that magic with Hope as the hypotenuse of the ridiculous triangle with the Spencer boys.  It's been one contrivance after another.  Hope has had more wedding gowns than caps and gowns.  I vaguely recall her having a graduation party and being given a fashion line.  Did she do anything to further her education after high school?  One of the things I appreciated about the women Bill Bell created was how well rounded they were. Caroline, Brooke and Taylor were all well-educated, gainfully employed through their own efforts or working while they attained their degrees.  Meanwhile, here is Hope, who has been sheltered and has the maturity level of a gnat, garnering all this attention.  Please. Is she seriously the only game in town?  In Los Angeles County?

The younger generation under Brad Bell has been an unappealing joke for years.  Don't even get me started on the fact that they've basically given up trying to write a storyline for Thomas, and a real romance fans can get behind.  Ideally, as the scion of the House of Forrester, he should have been front and center in the romance department and following in dad's footsteps as the consummate playboy.  I vaguely recall him being married to the housekeeper's daughter with the promise of no sex while they lived in his parents' house.  Although Steffy made a half-way decent bad girl, I can't help noting that she had some serious daddy issues that went unaddressed by her shrink mother.  Not to mention her unseemly hatred of the Logan women.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 4

I was so happy that Rick told Carter about Myrna (giggle) hitting on him! She's got some splaining to do!

I agree about the squickyness of dating/sleeping with two brothers, but in the crazy B&B world it is pretty normal behavior.

Will they casually interchange the dark blue and light blue versions of the most specialist diamond in the world the way they did before?

If they got someone to play Thomas who could act, maybe they could do something with the character. The last guy was a mannequin with blindingly white veneers.

• Love 1

If only. I was thinking that they could have brought Bridget back on instead of continuing with the jewelry stories with this new Ivy. So Wyatt has the Hopeless Diamond now? He'd better put it somewhere safe. QAJ must have a safe at the warehouse. I'd rather see Bridget and the baby, as a nice reminder that Brooke is a grandma.I actually prefer Wype.

That's what I love to call them but sadly I don't think it's allowed but IDK for sure. :(

I'm so sick of seeing TK that his scenes with HT are being fast-forwarded now. I think he's dragging the show down. The show got exciting for a while, now they're dragging again. They need to change the direction of Katie pretty soon. I'm beginning not to like watching one of my favorite actresses.

I'm forgetting. Are Bridget and Owen supposed to be together, or is he still with Jackie M, or are they all living together?

ICAM about Kridge. They bore me to tears and r a huge YAWN!!

She did apologize to Brooke, for what it's worth. Let's hope it sticks!

Yep she apologized which I thought was great!! I understand some hating Hope but she's not evil. She makes mistakes and poor choices like everybody does. She's pretty young after all. Being with brothers was definitely wrong tho and I as a big fan bashed her badly for it.

That's one that I still keep going back to. Has he ever bought a new engagement ring by now? Or has he just kept recycling the same one back and forth between the two of them for years?

Yes he got a new one which was seen when he proposed to her by the fountain.

• Love 1

I was so happy that Rick told Carter about Myrna (giggle) hitting on him! She's got some splaining to do!

I agree about the squickyness of dating/sleeping with two brothers, but in the crazy B&B world it is pretty normal behavior.

Will they casually interchange the dark blue and light blue versions of the most specialist diamond in the world the way they did before?

If they got someone to play Thomas who could act, maybe they could do something with the character. The last guy was a mannequin with blindingly white veneers.

I loved the look on Myrna's face when she realized that Rick had just told Carter about the steam room. She blabbed on Oliver so now the same thing is being done to her, haha!! I hope Carter dumps her stupid ass because IMO she's never going to marry him. You're not kidding she's got some splaning to do, LMAO!!

• Love 1

I tolerated her until she started butting in and fucking with my Ally and her ship. I love Ally and Caroline so anyone who annoys them or messes with their men is on my shit list. I hope Carter tells her to fuck off.

• Love 1

I tolerated her until she started butting in and fucking with my Ally and her ship. I love Ally and Caroline so anyone who annoys them or messes with their men is on my shit list. I hope Carter tells her to fuck off.

They're my two fav girls too along with Hope when she's not waffling. I hope he tells her to fuck off too because I hate her and have since day one. IDK why, just something about her rubs me the wrong way. I'm going to love listening to him rail at her big dumb ass mouth. GO CARTER, GET MYRNA!!

Carter has no shame, so I'm assuming that's not going to happen. If it does, I'll be shocked.

I know. IDK why he'll continue to waste his time on a woman who's not even in love with him.

• Love 2

Preach, LuLu123!

That Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle was arguably B&B's bread and butter for years, which is why it went on way too long through contrivance after contrivance with Brooke repeatedly ending up the "loser" of the booby prize known as Ridge. By the time, Bradley decided to keep them together, it was too late for this particular viewer, who could never understand why these two women didn't commiserate about what Ridge actually told them while the other woman wasn't around.

Bradley has been trying to recreate that magic with Hope as the hypotenuse of the ridiculous triangle with the Spencer boys. It's been one contrivance after another. Hope has had more wedding gowns than caps and gowns. I vaguely recall her having a graduation party and being given a fashion line. Did she do anything to further her education after high school? One of the things I appreciated about the women Bill Bell created was how well rounded they were. Caroline, Brooke and Taylor were all well-educated, gainfully employed through their own efforts or working while they attained their degrees. Meanwhile, here is Hope, who has been sheltered and has the maturity level of a gnat, garnering all this attention. Please. Is she seriously the only game in town? In Los Angeles County?

The younger generation under Brad Bell has been an unappealing joke for years. Don't even get me started on the fact that they've basically given up trying to write a storyline for Thomas, and a real romance fans can get behind. Ideally, as the scion of the House of Forrester, he should have been front and center in the romance department and following in dad's footsteps as the consummate playboy. I vaguely recall him being married to the housekeeper's daughter with the promise of no sex while they lived in his parents' house. Although Steffy made a half-way decent bad girl, I can't help noting that she had some serious daddy issues that went unaddressed by her shrink mother. Not to mention her unseemly hatred of the Logan women.

Word to all of this. Last year's 4th of July party was the first episode in maybe the whole 15 years of viewership that featured the under 25 crowd exclusively. It took till about four years ago to even begin to build up the next generation, after wasting Bridget on Nick for six years and having Rick bounce between the nieces he and Amber babysat alongside his own son.

The original ToD should've ended after Ridge went to

Taylor after Thomas was born, let Brooke and Thorne be happy and called it a day.

Is the character's name suppose to be Myrna or Maya? I've seen her referenced both ways on this forum and on the show.

It's Maya.

Caroline mispronounces it to be a bitch.

• Love 3

Why is Carter still on the show? He's thoroughly useless. His only connection was Mushmouth. Mushmouth is thankfully long gone. Now he is with Maya. Why do they, out of the hundreds of Forrester employees, get to sit in on executive meetings? It doesn't look like he is doing any actual lawyering for the company. And she's just a model. I'd can them both. Especially after her stunt on the steam room.

Being back Bridget, Owen and Jackie

• Love 2

Why is Carter still on the show? He's thoroughly useless. His only connection was Mushmouth. Mushmouth is thankfully long gone. Now he is with Maya. Why do they, out of the hundreds of Forrester employees, get to sit in on executive meetings? It doesn't look like he is doing any actual lawyering for the company. And she's just a model. I'd can them both. Especially after her stunt on the steam room.

Being back Bridget, Owen and Jackie

Yo, he and Ridge are tee-ight! They are the Cartridge! :-)

Please, please, no Birdshit and Owen! Jackie would be okay.

• Love 1

Is the character's name suppose to be Myrna or Maya? I've seen her referenced both ways on this forum and on the show.

It's actually Maya but Caroline started calling her Myrna when she lost Rick to her. It's hilarious!!

• Love 1

Kinda shocked Rick was the one to tell Carter about Myrna. I thought they'd let Caroline do that. Happy he did though. 

You know with nuRidge drawing hands broken I hope this will be a play for Rick to make Caroline head designer. nuRidge did mention he didnt want Rick to find out cause he doesnt want him to take advantage of the situation and that's exactly what I want to happen.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yo, he and Ridge are tee-ight! They are the Cartridge! :-)

Please, please, no Birdshit and Owen! Jackie would be okay.

Sorry, but I'm racking my brain & can't figure out who Birdshit is :(

I really didn't like Jackie.  She looked good for her age, but to me she still looked her age, so her "I am cougar hear me roar" schtick worked my last nerve.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

I think Bridget?

I'd love Bridget to come back especially with DCon around - it would be hella awkward.  I only liked Jackie when she was sniffing around Eric - I thought their pairing made sense and for once the old goat had a girlfriend in his own age bracket. But when she was with Owen and they had all those tacky photoshoots I thought she made an ass out of herself.

Maya/Myrna can exit stage left along with Carter. I'm not really feeling the Owen/Aly pairing either, but it's summer and they have to feature the younger set to try to draw in the youngsters for future viewing.

• Love 3

Bridget needs to be here for this storyline!!!  And the focus should be Brooke, Bridget, Hope and Deacon with Eric and Ridge (even if he is played by TK now) as supporting.  Not Bill and Brooke or Hope/Wyatt/Laim or Katie/Ridge.

Breacon was the seminal event in B&B's history and although both Bridget and Hope swore never to be like Brooke, they both are in terms of their romantic entanglements.  Bridget falling for Ridge, sleeping with Nick when he was married to Brooke and believing herself to be pregnant by him (it was Dant'es), having a child with Owen her mother-in-law's husband. She's no paragon of virtue.  Hope's already slept with two brothers and had a pregnancy scare with one of them

The fighting between Steffy and Hope over Hope not "being a real Forrester" despite RIdge being Massimo's bio child.  The fact that it was Steffy who told her about Deacon in the first plance.  (JMW needs to be here too for this storyline).

This stuff writes itself.  I...just...don't...get...it...

• Love 2

Showing ex-con Deacon the priceless diamond he'd just inherited probably wasn't the wisest move for Wyatt.  And I guess he's just going to let Quinn Artisan go belly-up to accept Hope's job offer?  Fuck his own employees, Ivy needs an assistant!

I'm glad Oliver is doing this preemptive damage control.  I was certain Aly was going to hear the recording accidentally or something stupid like that.

This is probably a very unpopular opinion, but I kind of like Maya and Carter.  It's not like they're eating the show.  I wish they were given more to do.  Why not give Maya a singing career, and let's see Carter and Ridge actually do something that friends do.  I'd rather see Maya and Carter do stuff than watch Katie suck some more lemons.

• Love 4

I like Maya, and I think she has potential.  When she first came on the show as the po' ex-con who was constantly harrassing Daisy about her dead child, she worked my last nerve.  They have really transformed her.  I like that she had a brief fling with Rick.  But then they brought in Carter, and oh, young black man alert, must be paired with young black female.  Why?  Same thing happened with Daisy.  Daisy and Thomas had potential.  Then they had to pair her off with Mushmouth.

Showing ex-con Deacon the priceless diamond he'd just inherited probably wasn't the wisest move for Wyatt.
Yeah, you could see Deacon's eyes light up.  The only thing saving Wyatt right now from a theft I think is the fact that Deacon seems to have some affinity for Quinn, and might not want to screw over her son.  Wyatt should go get that thing insured immediately.  I really hope they don't go this route.  After all Deacon knows the diamond is meant for Hope, his own daughter.

I don't understand the completely superfluous introduction of Ivy, but hey, at least it's new blood.  

• Love 5
Yep she apologized which I thought was great!! I understand some hating Hope but she's not evil. She makes mistakes and poor choices like everybody does. She's pretty young after all. Being with brothers was definitely wrong tho and I as a big fan bashed her badly for it.

I agree that Hope isn't evil.  I just wish she was called on her bullshit every once in a while and people stopped acting as if she's all that and 5 bags of chips.  At times, the character comes across as hypocritical, self-righteous, and priggish--just one in a long line of such women who are set up to be the "anti-Brooke."  Meanwhile, their own shit is raggedy and they wear glittered covered toilet seats as halos.

I'm so sick of seeing TK that his scenes with HT are being fast-forwarded now. I think he's dragging the show down. The show got exciting for a while, now they're dragging again. They need to change the direction of Katie pretty soon. I'm beginning not to like watching one of my favorite actresses.

TakeItToTheBanks, I don't know how I missed this.  Frankly, I thought the show was at its best without the Ridge-centric storylines.  It certainly allowed Brooke to move on and not get back on that funky rollercoaster yet again of chasing her destiny and forgetting every rotten, trifling thing this man has done to her.  On paper, getting TK to play the role of Ridge must have seemed like a real coup.  The character could actually be taken in a different direction and there would be no pressure to have him constantly propped as the hero at the expense of other men.  I won't even touch on the spectacle of Brooke asking this clown to marry her yet again and masochistically beating up on herself while he had to "think about" it.  Because, you know, she just isn't worthy of His Royal Funkiness.

This pairing should have been a win-win given the fact that TK has a huge fan following and HTom is considered soap royalty.  Except it isn't.  Kringe is a chemistry-challenged bust to me.  Their love scenes are tepid at best, and puke inducing at worst.  Nor, have these two very talented actors been able to sell me on the notion that Ridge's taste in women supposedly evolved so much that he is head over heels in love with the supposed "best Logan of the bunch."  Their mutual enmity toward Brooke and Bill aside, what else binds them together?  Oh, right.  They are the "anti-Brill" and were able to get together without an ounce of guilt or long-term condemnation whatsoever.  There is also their newfound love for "pomes" and sonnets, along with that frayed red ribbon of commitment.  Or, has that silly string been replaced yet?

The Katie/Bill/Brooke triangle along with the Brill/Kringe quadrangle was one of the best things going for this soap in years.  The ratings seemed to have borne that out.  However, one of the things I find particularly frustrating is that by casting an East Coast actor, who has to commute, their storyline stagnates and sometimes comes to an abrupt halt.  TK's Ridge has proven to be no real match for badass Bill Spencer other than a punk-ass sucker punch that Ridge is known for.  I strongly suspect this is why Deacon was brought on board--to be the perfect foil to Bill and to add angst for Brill.  

• Love 6

I have never understood this privileged woman-child's rush to get married when she has so many educational and professional options and opportunities available to her.  

I think it is Liam who wants to get married and Hope wants to please him. Even Brooke commented that she preferred the relationship with Wyatt because they were just dating instead of trying to be in a serious, committed relationship. 

I would love to for Marco Dapper to play Thomas. He has the kind of sex-on-a-stick appeal that Thomas Forrester should have.

• Love 3

Birdshit is Bridget.

I was hoping Wyatt would move on. Enough of the triangle crap!

Yeah, what about the Quinn Artisan and its employees? It appeared that there was work for them before the FC contract. Now, the writers just forget about this family business and its employees.

• Love 2

I think I'm really starting to like Aly.  I like that they've pulled back on the flat out crazy.  And then, today, even though she was obviously hurt and has feelings for Oliver, she was strong enough to say that she can't be with someone if she never knows if he's lying to her.  I like that she wasn't so desperate to hang on to him that she was willing to blindly accept whatever he said.  

Ditto Carter.  I love that he saw through all of Maya's bullshit.  I thought there was a decent possibility that the guy who was all over Maya when she was obviously into (and involved with) someone else wouldn't be too bent out of shape that she had a brief failed seduction of her ex.  

And I like that both conversations played out on the same day.  There's a lot of similarities there.  I think both Oliver and Maya thought that, in Aly and Carter, they had someone who was so into them that they'd be able to stay in their good graces with minimal effort and charm.  Oliver was a little smarter than Maya in doing his damage control up front instead of waiting on someone ratting him out to Aly, and I think he does probably genuinely care about Aly more than Maya does about Carter. 

• Love 5

So when The Diamond was at Forrester, there had to be a guard with it at all times.

But now that Wyatt has it at the beach house, it is just out chillin' on the coffee table.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am now more confused than ever about the chain of command at FC's. I would think if Rick, as President, fired Wyatt, then only Rick, as President, would be able to rehire him. Eric, as CEO, has backed Rick's decision on several occasions. I can certainly understand Hope making a pitch to bring Wyatt back, but to rehire him without Rick and Eric's approval puts Wyatt in an awkward position if they are not on board with it. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how Liam has any say in who works at Forrester, particularly when his decision is based on whether he can trust someone, not on their qualifications, or what the would bring to the company.

Against my better judgement I am enjoying the Wyatt/Liam bonding, I actually feel more connection and energy between them than I have ever felt between Hope and either of them.

I'm giving Carter and Ally high marks; for their performances and for taking a stand. I've not been overly impressed with Carter to date, but heck, give the man something to work with and he comes to life. I saw real emotion and disgust on his face today. And I can't express how overjoyed I am that he told Maya to take a hike. I live by the three strikes rule, and Maya has hit her limit:

1. Secretly recording a private conversation
  2. Ambushing your very married ex in the steam room
  3. Using your ill gotten gains to deflect attention away from your dirty deeds

And I am so proud of Ally; she handled that pretty well, and I am impressed that she didn't revert back to crazy. That said, I hope Oliver is successful in winning her back, they have become one of my fave couples along with Rick/Caroline and Bill/Brooke.

I am hoping Wyatt locked the diamond up in a safe place before he left. I also hope he didn't disclose that place to Deacon. I want so badly to trust Deacon, but it is a hard sell.

Wow, Ivy has some business sense! She remembered that she had a whole other set up with employees, and didn't just jump on the job offer. And I can completely see her and Wyatt together. Of course, they haven't passed the chemistry test, but her talent and his PR savvy? Who knows.

This is the first week in a lonnnnng time that they have had more than one SL going, at least that I can recall.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4