Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Our Little World

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

D'awwwweee thanks Mick Lady. I eat these complex topics with a spoon. It's like dessert.

Catrox, I totally get the squick issue, but I do think it's fair that Dean should be considered the prey and not the predator. I don't think we've had any indications otherwise from you or anyone else that you think Dean has acted inappropriately. BUT by insisting it be made clear that Dean isn't into anything sexual with Amara, your insistence seems to imply he's acting of his own volition. Not necessarily as predator, but it's not clear that you believe it's unambiguous that he's unwilling. That's not unreasonable, IMO, to ask for more clarity, given Supernatural's abysmal record regarding consent. But personally, I have no doubt Dean is not choosing what is happening.

Am I really being that unclear in my discussion?. It's fine if you don't agree with me but please ask me questions before putting words in my mouth about this.  I'm not the only person who is side eying this. 

Given the show's recent propensity to put Dean into the worst possible light since he took on the MoC i.e. demon!Dean pawing strippers, the Mark turning him into a murdering murderer that murders, who wanted Sam dead instead of Charlie, who was thisclose to killing Cas, even this season is having to be constantly reminded about "not killing" (which BTW fuck that), I'm sideyeing this very hard.

Me wanting that unambiguous clarification does not mean I think Dean IS doing something inappropriate. It's not me saying this is who Dean is. I'm looking for a preemptive clarification before it goes a direction I'm not comfortable with re Dean and a teenage!Amara. And no I don't want Dean being controlled whatsoever but that would make more sense than to this point, based on the limited information we have right now.

• Love 1

So does that make Amara the triangle or the cowbell? To subvert all expectations, this is one case where I do not need more cowbell.

Zanne, this made me laugh like hell! Mick loves the cowbell and made his drummer get one! Great way to lighten the discussion!

Am I really being that unclear in my discussion?. It's fine if you don't agree with me but please ask me questions before putting words in my mouth about this.  I'm not the only person who is side eying this. 

Given the show's recent propensity to put Dean into the worst possible light since he took on the MoC i.e. demon!Dean pawing strippers, the Mark turning him into a murdering murderer that murders, who wanted Sam dead instead of Charlie, who was thisclose to killing Cas, even this season is having to be constantly reminded about "not killing" (which BTW fuck that), I'm sideyeing this very hard.

Me wanting that unambiguous clarification does not mean I think Dean IS doing something inappropriate. It's not me saying this is who Dean is. I'm looking for a preemptive clarification before it goes a direction I'm not comfortable with re Dean and a teenage!Amara. And no I don't want Dean being controlled whatsoever but that would make more sense than to this point, based on the limited information we have right now.

Sometimes, I think you give the writers too much credit. As much as it sucks, I often think they don't have the depth and insight we do to the characters.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, catrox, but I don't think the show is heading for sexy times with Dean and Amara. Now, the show has a terrible track record with regards to sex and consent, so I could be way off base here, but I think the dynamic they're going for is much like Lucifer and with Sam in S5. He kept telling Sam how much he liked him and he would never hurt him and that Sam would be his vessel...so on and so forth. It wasn't sexual, though. And, IMO, Dean's responding to Amara much like Sam did in S5, "Wow, the Darkness likes me, I don't really know how to respond to that." 

Also, I wonder if we shouldn't be asking ourselves, if Amara had been personified as a male, would we be having the same discussion?

Maybe they will go there, though, but I'm guessing not...maybe...perhaps...um...uh...oh shit...;)

• Love 5

Also, I wonder if we shouldn't be asking ourselves, if Amara had been personified as a male, would we be having the same discussion?

Gender has nothing to do with this for me. If they played things exactly same way with a male vessel, I would be equally squicked by a young teenage boy stroking Dean's face and biting his lip and saying he can't wait to taste it.

Gender is a factor for me only in that it's totally boring to have yet ANOTHER femme fatale, but that's the extent of it of the gender bias for me.

Edited by catrox14

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, catrox, but I don't think the show is heading for sexy times with Dean and Amara. Now, the show has a terrible track record with regards to sex and consent, so I could be way off base here, but I think the dynamic they're going for is much like Lucifer and with Sam in S5. He kept telling Sam how much he liked him and he would never hurt him and that Sam would be his vessel...so on and so forth. It wasn't sexual, though. And, IMO, Dean's responding to Amara much like Sam did in S5, "Wow, the Darkness likes me, I don't really know how to respond to that." 

Maybe they will go there, though, but I'm guessing not...maybe...perhaps...um...uh...oh shit...;)

Walked right into that one didn't you Dot? You gave me a good laugh, and I thank you for that!

A few observations on this... I actually think the Sam/Lucifer dynamic was - at least in some ways - more "sexual" than Dean/Amara. I know, I know, but hear me out here. First Lucifer shows up first to Sam in his dreams... as Jessica. In bed with him, stroking his cheek, acting somewhat loving - almost even trying to seduce Sam to his side. Unlike with Dean with Amara saying how fascinated she was with Dean and talking about him like a puzzle she wanted to figure out, we had Lucifer saying how he wanted to make Sam happy and later that they were "made for each other." In addition to that, we had Lucifer's "I'll never lie to you" talk and him telling Sam that Sam will give in to him eventually, and he's willing to wait. All of that to me sounds just like the things someone would say to a potential lover/mate... yes, where the "pursuer" was somewhat creepy and a bit aggressive with his approach, but still...

Also I agree that there was surprise with both Dean's response concerning Amara and Sam with Lucifer, but I think that, at least in my opinion, Sam was less "I don't know how to respond to that" and more "Aw, hell no" horrified. And "I'm going to kill you" angry. Even if Sam was in any way tempted by the power, he knew he wouldn't get that with Lucifer and seemed pretty much disgusted and horrified with the thought of his destiny and being Lucifer's vessel right from the beginning.

And finally, all of Lucifer's "talk" was eventually realized, since we pretty much know - via Sam's hallucinations - that at some point Sam/Lucifer did turn "sexual." It was not consensual - as Hallucifer rather bluntly stated at least twice - but at some point Lucifer did treat Sam as a sexual something.

Just my opinion: Though Sam/Lucifer wasn't as overt in the beginning, I would categorize Sam/Lucifer as more like Dean/Abaddon than Dean/Amara.

I just meant I don't think the show will have them outright have sex. Their connection is something more than sex, as it was for Lucifer and Sam, so it seems like the sex would be pointless. But you never know with this show anymore, they do a great deal of pointless things, as of late. ::shrugs::

• Love 1

Amara is also human now, for all intensive purposes; so she would experience a sex drive, IMO, and be curious about it and very likely want to partake in it(or even indulge it), as most humans do, especially at first.

I loved the Dean/Amara stuff in this one. I thought the actress was terrific at conveying that she indeed IS a primordial force, on par with God. Loved the reveal that she's God's sister. Hated the nonsense between Metatron and Cas that lead up to it. Wish that Cas had killed him. Loved, loved, LOVED! Crowley getting his comeuppance-even though it was totally predictable(what I loved best was that he was yet again thwarted in his attempt to kill Dean. ;-) )

Not a great episode, but not bad. I'm fine with Dean sleeping with AdultAmara, if it happens.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1

Amara is also human now, for all intensive purposes; so she would experience a sex drive, IMO, and be curious about it and very likely want to partake in it(or even indulge it), as most humans do, especially at first.

I loved the Dean/Amara stuff in this one. I thought the actress was terrific at conveying that she indeed IS a primordial force, on par with God. Loved the reveal that she's God's sister. Hated the nonsense between Metatron and Cas that lead up to it. Wish that Cas had killed him. Loved, loved, LOVED! Crowley getting his comeuppance-even though it was totally predictable(what I loved best was that he was yet again thwarted in his attempt to kill Dean. ;-) )

Not a great episode, but not bad. I'm fine with Dean sleeping with AdultAmara, if it happens.

I'm suddenly envisioning Crowley calling Dean the 'Wascally Wabbit'.

• Love 2

To the point of Dean needing to tell someone about Amara, I'm more and more convinced he is UNABLE to tell anyone about that connection.  He looked so perplexed when Cas questioned him about Amara still being alive like he was confused himself why she was alive. Maybe she puts him in some kind of blissful state when she touched him here and his memories are wonky or that it forces him to NOT talk about being her protector even if he wanted to say so.

I'm kind of wondering the same thing about Sam and his visions. Like maybe both are being compelled against their wills to not discuss the depth of whatever they are experiencing for reasons yet unexplained.

At minimum that's my hope because at this point the boys not telling each other more when they have literally no reason to not tell each other is just plain stupid and forced angst when this was supposed to be a relatively angst free season.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

To the point of Dean needing to tell someone about Amara, I'm more and more convinced he is UNABLE to tell anyone about that connection.  He looked so perplexed when Cas questioned him about Amara still being alive like he was confused himself why she was alive. Maybe she puts him in some kind of blissful state when she touched him here and his memories are wonky or that it forces him to NOT talk about being her protector even if he wanted to say so.

I like this. And it would make sense given how Jensen's playing Dean a little off (to me) this season. It would explain Dean's annoyed reaction when it was revealed that Sam had lied (or not told him) about something. Because if Dean is actually aware of what's going on with Amara and him, that reaction was way hypocritical. Not that the show is above making Dean out to be a hypocrite, but at least he usually looks a little guilty when he's lying.

• Love 2

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks something has been off with Dean this season! Not trying to make it into factions but I thought man I'm just glad I'm not alone in the wilderness here! LOL

I like this. And it would make sense given how Jensen's playing Dean a little off (to me) this season. It would explain Dean's annoyed reaction when it was revealed that Sam had lied (or not told him) about something. Because if Dean is actually aware of what's going on with Amara and him, that reaction was way hypocritical. Not that the show is above making Dean out to be a hypocrite, but at least he usually looks a little guilty when he's lying.

• Love 1

I just meant I don't think the show will have them outright have sex. Their connection is something more than sex, as it was for Lucifer and Sam, so it seems like the sex would be pointless. But you never know with this show anymore, they do a great deal of pointless things, as of late. ::shrugs::

Ah, got it. I agree. I was reading your post as saying that there wasn't a sexual component at all to Sam/Lucifer, when to me there was - it was subtle but there fr me - which is what made it entirely creepy. Because Lucifer would think "of course anyone would want my advances" ... Um, no Lucifer, they wouldn't. Especially not Sam who would fight you tooth and nail just so he wouldn't be that freak who encourages Lucifer's interest. Sam's kind of sensitive about that.

"So, you're saying there's a connection between Ben and Glory?"

Heh - maybe like with Spike, the influence doesn't work on a demon (Crowley) or a witch (Rowena) and they therefor might need one of them on their team to counteract that kind of influence.

• Love 3

I don't get this episode at all.  Sam is so concerned about keeping humans alive that he's going to let Dean take on Amara alone?  With the demon blade, while he gets the angel blade, a vastly superior weapon?  

I mean, seriously.  Keeping those meat suits alive is more important than helping Dean kill the monster who is eating human souls?

Call me a weirdo (weirdo!), but take my physical form.  Kill my meat suit, especially if I've been possessed by a demon.  But I'd like to keep my soul, thanks.

This whole episode was a big ol' bowl of stupid, IMO.  I wish I could just give up on this show.  I don't see the writing getting better any time soon, sadly.

• Love 2

I hated that storyline so damn much. :(.  I could live with a Jasmine thing more than a Ben/Glory thing. Bah.

Ah, see, I loved it. I liked how it mirrored Buffy's story in regards to fate and what one can do to either make the best of or fight your fate. Ben in the end made the wrong choice, and all the little choices along the way that he made that were also not right that lead to that wrong choice. It kind of reminded me of Sam and Ruby in a way. The difference was that Sam eventually did all he could to correct his wrong choices, whereas Ben in the end could have, but didn't.

But in this case, I was referring directly to that spell that protected Glory where whenever humans tried to talk about or even remember a connection between Ben and Glory, they couldn't do so. Spike could remember, because he was a demon. If Amara has a similar protection, where Dean can't harm her or say anything that might affect her negatively, they might need someone who wouldn't be affected by that influence to cut through that effect.

I don't get this episode at all.  Sam is so concerned about keeping humans alive that he's going to let Dean take on Amara alone?  With the demon blade, while he gets the angel blade, a vastly superior weapon?  

I mean, seriously.  Keeping those meat suits alive is more important than helping Dean kill the monster who is eating human souls?

I'm pretty sure that Dean also has an angel blade somewhere - they used to have a bunch of those things. I'm not sure why Dean decided to use the knife instead of bring his angel blade. In general, I think it's kind of odd anyway that that's become Dean's weapon. I thought that it was originally Sam's, because Ruby gave it to him. (Or am I remembering that incorrectly?)

But yeah, I think Sam's eventually gonna get a lesson in it not being practical to keep the meatsuits alive in a combat situation. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen, because they usually have Dean end up being right when it comes to strategy. And then that way, the show has "addressed" the meatsuit problem with a "see, they've been right along to just kill the meatsuit" lesson, and then they'll go back to having Sam and Dean just knife the demons. That's what I think is gonna happen.

See, I think Sam's being so insistent about it because he feels like he's forgotten about it, and is trying to consciously return to that POV. But, yeah, it's not gonna work out well, unless he keeps an exorcism recording handy and ready to go every time. Cuz I can see demons being just plain pissed off at him for trying to take them down physically without killing them. If he succeeds, then you've got a demon who's been overpowered by a human, and I'd think that would be one of the most humiliating things ever if you were a demon...

• Love 1

I have to wonder if the voices/visions in Sam's head are what is urging him to not kill anymore.

I mean Sam isn't stupid. I made a rant in the bitterness thread about this but to expand here Sam not killing certain other monsters like Garth or Amy is one thing, but Sam not killing demons in Crowley's lair when Dean's life is possibly in danger makes NO FUCKING SENSE even if he's trying to change. 

I'm wondering now if Amara is influencing both Sam and Dean? Maybe Sam is being influenced to not kill monsters so he will be less inclined to kill Amara and he in turn is trying to influence Dean to think twice before killing so Dean doesn't kill Amara himself. Then separately Dean is influenced by Amara to protect her at all costs. This way she has two protectors for different reasons. Hmmm...

Edited by catrox14

My favorite things about this episode:

Crawley having no clue how to parent. Not that anyone WOULD know how to parent a primordial force/rebellious teenager, but y'know. I did find that funny.

Sam and Dean checking to see how bad the young blond guy meatsuit's wounds were before deciding to kill (rather than exorcise) the demon.

Sam's vision of the cage. I'm not sure if it was Lucifer/Michael/Adam/Sam's cage or Amara's. Those fingers looked like they belonged to a young person. Maybe Adam as opposed to Amara, though (hard to tell). Regardless -- it looked interesting imo, and I liked that Sam's reaction to the vision was pretty understated.

That ridiculous prop hand that they used for Crawley's "broken hand" in that fight scene between him and Amara. It looked like they bought it at a Halloween store. I guess they spent all their money on the cage CGI or something :P

Plus she's actually wearing a meatsuit that's only, what, a few weeks old at this time? She took a baby's body and aged it up artificially.

That Amara ate a baby's soul and is wearing her meatsuit is just so creepy that I see her as a legitimate Big Bad and don't really worry about her "being taken advantage of," tbh.

Gender has nothing to do with this for me. If they played things exactly same way with a male vessel, I would be equally squicked by a young teenage boy stroking Dean's face and biting his lip and saying he can't wait to taste it.

Given that Amara literally eats people up, the way she was biting her lip and saying she wanted a taste didn't come off as sexual so much as really threatening, to me. I think the show is playing up Amara's attempt to seduce Dean, but I don't think her seduction is necessarily sexual (I felt similarly about Lucifer's attempts to seduce Sam). Amara and Lucifer want to literally CONSUME people. Sex would just be a symbolic consumption -- not satisfying or an end goal for either one of them, I would think.

I thought Amara wanted to consume Dean (very literally), and and I thought that he was in thrall to her. To me, he looked like someone mesmerized by a snake that was about to strike.

ETA:

This is what Amara and Dean remind me of:

2JOY5lo.jpg?1

8jozgzM.jpg?1

Edited by rue721
  • Love 7

I hope they finally get Adam out of the cage.

Who dat?

:) The show sure forgets a lot of plot points, including people, huh?

I can't say I liked this one.  Amara is still too young for the vibes between her and Dean.  And the idea of God having a sister and having to lock her away in order to create the world and humans is just dumb.

All of this. 

Especially the icky between Dean and Amara who didn't look much older than 12 year old Amara. I really hate what the Angels. And even "Gawd" has become on this show. At least she's not the Almighty's wife. 

One thing I do like: Is some consistency (a miracle on spn!) with Dean being "chosen" in earlier seasons and Sam having this overreaching destiny. I have to review but there was that season 4 episode with the pastor's daughter thinking she was psychic and Someone had to be chose to be able to defeat the big bad? And Dean wa able to do it? Like I said I have to rewatch it. It's all muddled from season 5 but I'm okay with them rebooting that theme. Just keep each brother with something to do.

Edited by shoetingstar

...That Amara ate a baby's soul and is wearing her meatsuit is just so creepy that I see her as a legitimate Big Bad (snip)

Late to the party here, but I'm just caught up to this point after semi-binge-watching since being introduced to it back in November...I've been reading some of the comments here and got particularly caught up in the Amara thing for some reason.

To address this, for some reason I'm not seeing Amara's physical form as a meat-suit. Granted, this goes against the philosophy that a human soul is part of a baby from conception, as this particular baby would have been pretty much full-term by the time Amara was freed, but there are also cultures in which the soul is thought to inhabit the body at the first breath, so Amara could have just slipped in at that point.

As far as the sexual vibe, I'm with those who are not really sensing it from Dean's side in the interactions with teenage Amara, though there is clearly some sort of bond that he doesn't know quite how to respond to. There was definitely that undercurrent in his first meeting with Adult Amara, though, but I'm more or less OK with it anyway. I don't doubt that some very strong imprinting went on during that encounter, which could culminate in her wanting to consume him completely with sex being a step toward that, and with him being in her thrall throughout, even while trying to fight it. And while avoiding the ultimate outcome would be the goal of the season, I can't say that there wouldn't be an element of enjoyment in seeing certain aspects of that unfold. Or maybe I'm just a bit of a perv myself ;)

Which, finally, to get to the song, I was a huge Neil Diamond fan back in my own teenage years, so maybe that colored my own interpretation of those lyrics, but to me (as someone else said upthread) it was never so much about age as about the boy being from the wrong side of the tracks. The lyrics never imply that he is necessarily older than she is, just that she is very young. But it could just as easily be more akin to Romeo and Juliet with them both being teenagers. I've always gotten more of a "You are sixteen, going on seventeen/I am seventeen going on eighteen" vibe from it, where Rolf refers to Leisl as "little girl", and implies that he is the older and wiser "man" who will take care of her. Which, even though it ended badly in that case was still rather sweet and innocent at the time in the story as it unfolded.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3
  • I don't understand what is going on with Castiel in this ep (and the previous one).  He's got his grace (what's left of it - but as some have argued, even a little is enough to bring him back to full strength) and was cured of the witch curse.  So what's his problem now?  He's an angel, not a human.  Shouldn't be having PTSD flashbacks, I don't think.  Yeah, agree with others who are tired of weak, wimpy Cas.  I want strong, powerful, awesome angels (and not just the dickbag angels) back.  So it was pretty satisfying to see Cas kicking boogertron's butt.
  • I liked all the mentions of rather mundane things (in the SPN world, that is) like figuring out the meatsuit was no longer viable and therefore exorcism wouldn't work and Dean having to ditch the body.  Too much of that has been left out and/or taken for granted in the recent past.
  • I'm not going to get into the whole, weird, was it or wasn't it a sexual vibe between Dean and teenage Amara debate.  I just thought it was a nice moment when she insisted on Dean being allowed to leave Crowley's lair as a condition of her letting Crowley go.
  • I like the Sam fight scene with the demons and how he tried his best to save the ones he could but recognized when he had to kill to avoid being killed. I don't care if some people think it's ridiculous or naive of him.  It seems more like the Sam I first really liked.   Glad to see him back.
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 7:09 PM, Frost said:

I can't say I liked this one.  Amara is still too young for the vibes between her and Dean.  And the idea of God having a sister and having to lock her away in order to create the world and humans is just dumb. 

Yeah when she was sidling up to him I was cringing and saying, no, don't go there show, look away, look away!  Even those scenes where 12-13 year old Amara was eating people's souls were borderline skeevy.

I recorded episode one of the new season last night.  I expect to catch up around episode five.  I can't believe I'm going to be watching this show in the present tense soon, I never watched an episode before last January.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3

It's totally creeping me out that teenage Amara has all this sexual chemistry with Dean, particularly juxtaposed against age-appropriate Amara, who -- despite her boobs hanging out -- brings the cold, dead-fish seduction of a sister.  Looking up-thread, I see I'm not the only one.

Crowley tried to ground the Darkness. This amuses me. Almost as much as Sam and Dean mistaking a cat dying of falling asleep in the dryer for soulless murder. Binge watching Cas is funny. "Jenny, he's not ready to be a father." "Man can't live on caviar alone, Dean." Len's dead?! Already?! (Man, I was not paying attention the last time I watched these.) I like Sam and Dean working with the soulless girl to set up the devil's trap. Is that the wallpaper from Changing Channels? Nice touch with checking the meatsuits. "Where'd you ditch the body?" "School playground." That's far funnier than it should be. Yay! Castiel saved somebody. "The band?" never fails to amuse me, although I liked it more in the promo. Nice to see Cas beating up Metatron and Sam beating up random demons. I think they make good use out of splitting the guys up in this one, as well as in the first couple episodes of the season. It feels natural, moves the plot along and probably meant fewer hours overall for J2. Poor Sam having visions of hell.  

• Love 1

Of Course Meta would be a tabloid photographer.   Totally fits his personality.

Interesting that Amara/Darkness is the sister of God, though I suppose it makes sense.  So did God recruit the angels to help him, or create them to help him?  Will Amara have beings on her side?  Will she totally be able to keep Dean from killing her and even make him protect her?  

Sam did some good ass kicking this episode.  And it was nice to see Crowley get a bit of comeuppance.  Amara may appear as a girl, but she's a lot older than he is.

• Love 1

On 11/11/2015 at 10:25 PM, catrox14 said:

If Dean doesn't see her in a sexual way but she sees him in a sexual way, then they HAVE to make that clear. Make it clear that Dean has no sexual attraction for an eons old entity in a teenager's body.

I'm hoping that what we see on Dean's face is bliss. Like maybe she's just taking away all his pain so his face is blissful but putting that goddamn song at the end sure makes the implication that it's a sexual thing pretty strong. And if that is NOT what they are going for they better damn well make that clear.

I agree so strongly with this. It was so disturbing and gross that he didn't seem uncomfortable and to then play that song? I need this to not happen.

On 11/12/2015 at 11:07 AM, catrox14 said:

Being against Dean and Amara is neither sexist nor ageist.  I've suspected something is wrong with Dean all along...and I guess now it's that he's under her thrall or they've imprinted or whatever this fuckery is.

Twilight might have been popular but it was disgraceful representation of teenage girls and relationships. Even SPN itself mocked it when they turned Dean into a fucking vampire.

I couldn't stand Angel with Buffy, but he was not bound to Buffy in some supernatural way. Buffy was already 16 and was a fucking vampire slayer with her own agency and power and she could have killed Angel and and wait she did kill Angel! Edward Cullen and Bella were and are the worst. Bella was 16 year old with little to no agency and Edward was an obsessive skeevy stalker rapist abuser who happened to be 200 years old stuck in his 20 year old body for eternity because vampire who was "in love" with a 16 year old. Not great but not this.

This is much more like the disgusting "imprinting" thing from Twilight.  I don't care how Twilight tried to turn into something holy and special for the shapeshifters. 

I'm sorry, but there is just no way that a sexual relationship between Dean and Amara can be okay since they had the 37 year old  Dean protect, hold his his arms and coo at a newborn!Amara. Then he sees her again as a teenager and they are amping up her crushing on him. They can explain it away as her seeing this beautiful creation of humanity and how could she not be enamored of that, but because they had the frisson between adult!Amara and Dean in the first 20 seconds of the show it changes the entire thing.

I really need for the show to tell me that Dean KNOWS this is a fucked up thing that he's doing against his will and he's really NOT okay with it. Subtlety is not the way to go from this point forward. YMMV

But I suspect we won't get any more insights into Dean's state of mind or mindlessness as the case may be, because now it's going to flip to all about Sam and the Cage. 

As an aside, I'm not entirely sure the show isn't making a commentary about the teenage girls in the audience crushing on the adult male stars ...

Yes to all of this as well. There was (rightly in my opinion) plenty of criticism of Twilight. I also know I am an outlier but I didn't ship The Doctor and Rose because I thought the centuries age difference was squicky. River is the only one I have ever gotten behind and that is mainly because she is on much more even ground. 

On 11/16/2015 at 5:36 PM, Demented Daisy said:

Call me a weirdo (weirdo!), but take my physical form.  Kill my meat suit, especially if I've been possessed by a demon.  But I'd like to keep my soul, thanks.

This whole episode was a big ol' bowl of stupid, IMO.  I wish I could just give up on this show.  I don't see the writing getting better any time soon, sadly.

Totally agree. Splitting up was not a logical choice. Honestly, the whole plan was pretty half assed.

I did not like this episode much. Too many monologues and a side of grossness. I swear this show is so weird when it comes to sex. Banging a dog is cool. So is objectifying teens. Using someone's body to have sex? It's cool. I just can't. 

12 hours ago, The Companion said:

I agree so strongly with this. It was so disturbing and gross that he didn't seem uncomfortable and to then play that song? I need this to not happen.

Yes to all of this as well. There was (rightly in my opinion) plenty of criticism of Twilight. I also know I am an outlier but I didn't ship The Doctor and Rose because I thought the centuries age difference was squicky. River is the only one I have ever gotten behind and that is mainly because she is on much more even ground. 

Totally agree. Splitting up was not a logical choice. Honestly, the whole plan was pretty half assed.

I did not like this episode much. Too many monologues and a side of grossness. I swear this show is so weird when it comes to sex. Banging a dog is cool. So is objectifying teens. Using someone's body to have sex? It's cool. I just can't. 

Am I the only one that will be sad when The Companion is done with maternity leave?? Lol. I’ve so enjoyed taking this re-watch journey again through someone’s eyes that’s doing it for the first time. 🙂

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Am I the only one that will be sad when The Companion is done with maternity leave?? Lol. I’ve so enjoyed taking this re-watch journey again through someone’s eyes that’s doing it for the first time. 🙂

I am actually back to work, which is why I have slowed down somewhat. Still getting some 3am feeding showtime, though. 😆😴

I wish I thought I could catch all the way up to watch a few with y'all. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Spoiler

Considering there are only a few episodes left til the advent of Dabbernatural,  not so much.

6 hours ago, The Companion said:

I am actually back to work, which is why I have slowed down somewhat. Still getting some 3am feeding showtime, though. 😆😴

I wish I thought I could catch all the way up to watch a few with y'all. 

Well, we just started a six week hiatus, and you are in S11, so it's a possibly to catch up before the finale. Good luck!

• Love 3