Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, BnJJ said:

I've been trying to work "bully" into a title suggestion, too, but haven't come up with anything catchy yet.

Me too. Is it because of the old song, "Wooly Bully"? Whenever I'm in the naming thread, I can't get it out of my head.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope Gwen was there?  Or is she still in Europe?

I read Leo was there, so it would have been nice to have the OG 3 all there.

Gwen has been back from Europe for a while. I think she was at the wedding, because I saw video of her at some pre-wedding event.

However, she did travel to Utah for what Mykelti said at the time was a girl's weekend (I'm pretty sure that was code for bridal shower or bachelorette weekend) a week or two before the wedding, and I don't know when the video in question was filmed.

There exists the possibility that Gwen went to the pre-wedding stuff, but didn't go to the wedding itself (to avoid Paedon). I'd like to think that she could ignore him on her own mother's wedding day, no matter what their remaining issues are, but everyone needs to set their own boundaries.

The video is gone now, but it was posted as a story (I think, I'm not a big Instagram user -- the thing where you click on a person's profile picture and see a video) on this account: https://www.instagram.com/sisterhighfitters/

In the video, Christine, Apsyn, Mykelti, Gwendlyn, and Ysabel, and some other women (no Truely, no Janelle, no other Brown kids/wives) were doing a workout with what seems to be one of the people who run that Instagram account, and it very much felt part of the pre-wedding festivities. 

• Like 5

Cute picture, Ginger.

Actually, I think that could be the back of Gwendlyn to the right of Ysabel.

EDIT: And I must have been wrong. Gwen didn't attend. Maybe that's Maddie. All the other girls have longer hair.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, Elodia said:

I found a picture on reddit. Almost all the OG kids were there, only Gwen is missing (on the pic, maybe she was there)

Screenshot_20231010_214210_Gallery.jpg

This is a beautiful photo, but also? It's a second or third knife to KoDouche's other kidney, so extra bonus points for that!

And yes Sobbyn, Christine has had SEX with another man, 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

From the wedding:

22F7BDB0-DE94-4614-97AD-096222AD842C.jpeg

D5692278-DA49-4478-9D0F-5D5840A619FF.jpeg

.I’m hoping someone was sitting on the porch during this, in David and Christine’s yard 😁

B5FE8886-3D65-45FA-B709-B9125BDD8704.jpeg

I don’t remember if I posted this one:

D94E7635-C2D7-42C3-AE05-9F7D04B9707A.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 13
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

This is a beautiful photo, but also? It's a second or third knife to KoDouche's other kidney, so extra bonus points for that!

And yes Sobbyn, Christine has had SEX with another man, 🤣

I love that they were all there. 

• Like 8
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Elodia said:

I found a picture on reddit. Almost all the OG kids were there, only Gwen is missing (on the pic, maybe she was there)

Screenshot_20231010_214210_Gallery.jpg

Mykelti just said in her live chat that Gwendlyn did not attend Christine's wedding.

Wow. That's just heartbreaking. I have to believe there was something more involved than a slap.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
Just now, General Days said:

Mykelti just said in her live chat that Gwendlyn did not attend Christine's wedding.

Wow. That's just heartbreaking. I have to believe there was something more involved than a slap.

Of course Mykelti commented. I really can’t stand her. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, altopower said:

Someone posted on one of the threads - maybe this one - that Gwen was there for some of the pre-wedding things, so she didn't abandon ship completely.

And there is the possiblity that there was a completely understandable reason should couldn't attend like work or something.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, General Days said:

It may not have had anything to do with Paedon.

I suppose Mykelti didn’t provide a reason. She didn’t have one for why Savanah wasn’t at Robyn and Kody’s at Christmas time either. Such a good sister.

Have I said I can’t stand her?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, altopower said:

Someone posted on one of the threads - maybe this one - that Gwen was there for some of the pre-wedding things, so she didn't abandon ship completely. I support her doing what she could do and if that meant staying clear of Paedon, good for her. Christine understands.

That said, it's quite an impressive gathering of siblings from the 3 OG moms. Which says a lot for their real family - each other and the moms. No Kody, no Robyn or the Robynettes.

Yes. Even Maddie came in from NC. But I’m not shocked- Christine was the primary caregiver to ALL of the kids. She genuinely loved them unconditionally. They all know that. 

Leon and Audrey’s wedding outfits look cool. I dig their style. Michelle (Logan’s wife) has a pretty dress as well. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2023 at 7:36 PM, ginger90 said:

Of course Mykelti commented. I really can’t stand her. 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:15 PM, ginger90 said:

It may not have had anything to do with Paedon.

I suppose Mykelti didn’t provide a reason. She didn’t have one for why Savanah wasn’t at Robyn and Kody’s at Christmas time either. Such a good sister.

Have I said I can’t stand her?

Ha. I think she's an emotionally needly person. 

Someone asked her about Gwen, so she just answered the question. I don't know if she gave more details. I had to leave the live for a while, because of things going on at home.

I don't know if it got discussed further, but I got the impression that she had expected Gwen to be there (I could be wrong -- it was something I heard when I tried to get back to the convo, but I got interrupted again). 

EDIT:

I just tried to start watching the parts I missed. Someone asked if it was because of Paedon. Tony said, "I'm not going to answer that."

Then Mykelti said she did not know why* Gwendlyn didn't go. She added that Gwendlyn didn't tell her she wasn't going to be there and "when she didn't show up, it was kind of a shock" to Mykelti that Gwen wasn't there. 

Edited by General Days
* edited because "when" and "why" aren't the same word
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Was there a color story for Christine!/ wedding? Looking at this pic of the siblings and their partners, it looks too cohesive to be accidental. Very autumnal- I dig it but I was wondering!!

I think Autumnal was the color scheme. If not, I'm deciding that it should have been because the outfits were very cohesive indeed :)

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Was there a color story for Christine’s wedding? Looking at this pic of the siblings and their partners, it looks too cohesive to be accidental. Very autumnal- I dig it but I was wondering!!

image.jpeg.846c1899e7df8c289a77095297aade5a.jpeg

Between the flowers and the clothes, I definitely think the theme was Autumnal as @altopower said.  Everyone looks great!

• Like 9

Based on that pic it looks like all the kids and their partners were given flowers. I love that Christine included everyone. 

Very much hoping that Gwen & Bea not attending doesn’t cause a rift between Christine and Gwen.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

Very much hoping that Gwen & Bea not attending doesn’t cause a rift between Christine and Gwen.

I don’t think so. I think Christine loves all her kids but understands Gwen has to set her own boundaries. I think Gwen also knows her Mom loves Paedon too as that’s her son, but that doesn’t mean Gwen is required to tolerate him. 

• Like 14
On 10/9/2023 at 6:28 PM, Absolom said:

Or attending her brother's funeral.  When was it scheduled?

October 17th is the viewing, and the 18th is the funeral.

Edited by ginger90
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

I am way behind on watching Gwen's SW reaction videos, but I will wait for her to address or not address why she wasn't there, if she even talks about it.

If she felt uncomfortable for any reason, good for her for setting firm boundaries.  I'm sure it was heartbreaking for Christine to not have all of her kids there, but I absolutely love that everyone else showed up for her wedding.  It's crystal clear that Christine was a vital part of their childhood, even if Kody will never admit it.

• Like 15
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am way behind on watching Gwen's SW reaction videos, but I will wait for her to address or not address why she wasn't there, if she even talks about it.

If she felt uncomfortable for any reason, good for her for setting firm boundaries.  I'm sure it was heartbreaking for Christine to not have all of her kids there, but I absolutely love that everyone else showed up for her wedding.  It's crystal clear that Christine was a vital part of their childhood, even if Kody will never admit it.

Both Gwen and Paedon were in attendance at Logan/Michelle's wedding in Oct/22 so something must have triggered her not to attend her Mother's wedding to David.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Both Gwen and Paedon were in attendance at Logan/Michelle's wedding in Oct/22 so something must have triggered her not to attend her Mother's wedding to David.

Maybe being in the same room with him then made her so uncomfortable she's not willing to repeat that experience.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe being in the same room with him then made her so uncomfortable she's not willing to repeat that experience.

I could see that- she gave it a try for Logan (everyone loves Logan), but didn’t want to do it again. 

Also- I think Gwen knows her mom will love her no matter what so there’s less need to “try”. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Janelle and Kody will attend. And Christine and Robyn. And Leon and Audrey.

October 5th to October 17th seems like a very long time between his passing and viewing. 

Doubt Christine, Robyn or Kody would be there but very likely Leon and Audrey will attend.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

October 5th to October 17th seems like a very long time between his passing and viewing. 

Doubt Christine, Robyn or Kody would be there but very likely Leon and Audrey will attend.

Perhaps because of the wedding?

1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

I thought the same thing.  That would require multiple embalmings.

This will sound very crass and for that I apologize.  Could they keep a body refrigerated that long and not have to embalm multiple times?

• Useful 4

So I know this doesn’t apply to Meri’s family, but I notice among ADOS (American Descendents of Slavery) families we take FOREVER between death and burial- you have to let EVERYONE know, and let EVERYONE take time off from work. Social media helps but it’s something I joke about. In my 38yrs of life, two weekends after death is pretty standard, even if the person was elderly/ill and the death was expected. So those dates didn’t ping me at all!

(of course every family is different and I’m speaking only of my own cultural experience)

Family members may have had other events and plans they didn’t want to disrupt so others could make it. Yes @Natalie68 the funeral home keeps the body refrigerated until it’s time for the viewing etc. Multiple embalmings aren’t required. My great aunt’s funeral was 3 weeks after her death as it was important for others to attend the scheduled family reunion out of state (she would’ve wanted that), and my other great aunt (her baby sister), started planning everything when she got back. 

So while I don’t think Christine’s wedding impacted Meri’s brother’s funeral plans; this is a small community, and there may have been other family events (weddings, baptisms, people being out of town) that caused them to push it back. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I could see that gap of time if it were a memorial service after the remains have been buried or cremated but that length of time seems extraordinary.

That's what my adult nieces did when my sister passed.  She was buried and they had a memorial service 2 or so weeks later.  

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's what my adult nieces did when my sister passed.  She was buried and they had a memorial service 2 or so weeks later.  

My family is aware that will be my chosen farewell too.

When I had major surgery last year I asked for and signed consent forms to donate my body to the hospital. At 85yrs old my organs would not be viable for transplant but because my condition is rare and it is a teaching hospital, they were very grateful for my decision.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 8
  • Applause 6
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Speaking from personal experience, when you have PTSD from abuse, what you can handle or how you feel can change from day to day. 

For me, I went to my brother's funeral where my abusive brother was and thought I could handle it.  I did well through 1.5 days until just before the actual service when I had a major panic attack and had to leave for my own mental health and to prevent me causing any scene.  Now some of my family won't talk to me because I missed the funeral even though I had become almost suicidal in my panic attack.  I thought leaving was the best thing for everyone but they see it as attention-seeking behavior.

Maybe Gwen told Christine she would try but had to see how she was feeling on the day.  I hope Christine can understand although surely she was disappointed.

ETA:  I'm sure Gwen wanted to be there just as I wanted to be at my brother's funeral as he was like a father to me. But sometimes what we want and what we can actually do are two different things. 

Edited by JenMcSnark
Added a final thought...
  • Hugs 14
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think Mormons do memorial services.

When my grandfather died, Mormon, we had a viewing at the church in St. George, graveside service and then a family get together.  My grandfather was a garment wearing Mormon.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

When my grandfather died, Mormon, we had a viewing at the church in St. George, graveside service and then a family get together.  My grandfather was a garment wearing Mormon.

Yes, not a memorial service.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, not a memorial service.

Stupid question, but what's the difference between memorial service and funeral?  My brother's service was technically a memorial service since he wasn't buried, right?  He was Mormon although not active.  I was raised Mormon and have been to other memorial services although they are not as common as a burial/funeral. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Stupid question, but what's the difference between memorial service and funeral?  My brother's service was technically a memorial service since he wasn't buried, right?  He was Mormon although not active.  I was raised Mormon and have been to other memorial services although they are not as common as a burial/funeral. 

My definition, which may be wrong is, a memorial service occurs at a later date from the funeral/burial. Or when memorializing someone who has died, but their body was never recovered.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I'm glad that Christine included Leon. I would have thought Meri would not be invited, based on comments Christine has made in the past. I hope Christine and Janelle at least texted Meri to say sorry about the death of her brother. Especially Janelle, who was previously married to the guy. 

Christine does look very nice in her dress. I hope it all works out, mostly for the sake of the kids. Especially Truely. 

And I agree that it is cruel to post details of anyone's suicide on the Internet in any form. 

• Like 14
12 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

My thoughts are that a memorial service is for a situation where there will not be a public gathering at the cemetary.  The deceased  may have been cremated. The deceased may have perished in some accident and the remains not recovered. Or the family just doesn’t want anyone at the gravesite.  Sometimes  the deceased is buried privately prior to the memorial service. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I'm glad that Christine included Leon. I would have thought Meri would not be invited, based on comments Christine has made in the past. I hope Christine and Janelle at least texted Meri to say sorry about the death of her brother. Especially Janelle, who was previously married to the guy. 

Christine does look very nice in her dress. I hope it all works out, mostly for the sake of the kids. Especially Truely. 

And I agree that it is cruel to post details of anyone's suicide on the Internet in any form. 

I fully expected Christine to include Leon- she was their caregiver too, and Leon has close relationships with some of her kids. (I know Gwen and Leon are close) I have never heard that Leon had negative experiences with Christine as a caregiver/parental figure.

I cannot see Christine and Meri ever being friends, but I dont doubt Christine reached out to her via text and perhaps sent a card. They were sister wives for a long time, and the grief over the loss of a sibling is an understandable thing. 

I hope Truly likes David and gets along well with his kids. All of his are grown and out of the house I think, but perhaps she will make new friends and a bigger extended family through this marriage. 

I have to say I am LOVING the wedding ensembles- Truely's feels very much "her" but is on theme. I love it when everyone "goes" but doesnt "match". Such fun!

• Like 11
18 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm a retired church secretary (non Mormon). Our understanding of the difference was that there were three different things: Funeral with a body present, Memorial service without a body present, and Graveside service with burial. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3