Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

LOL, now Janelle is "teaching" us about the benefits of ginger....What next, she'll discover echinacea to prevent colds?  How far behind the times does she have to go?  It just doesn't end.  If she needs something to help her digestion, she should take probiotics.  Actually there is some recent real evidence that they help with all sorts of things from immunity to weight regulation.  They especially help as we get older and don't metabolize nutrients as well as we used to.  I have noticed a real difference in how I feel plus how easily I can maintain/manage my weight since finding the right probiotic.  It has even eradicated the mild excema I had behind one of my ears (and I read that it can do that too).  I recommend the "women's formulas" that contain lactobacillus rhamnosus and gasseri.  Those two have been shown to help women specifically with weight issues.  I wonder how many decades will have to go by before she discovers that?  🙄

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B8B6DCF9-8E3E-4AF4-B6B0-03234B1C86A1.jpeg

Oh come on, Garrison, you too?!  I liked you.  I really did.  I'm glad you seem to have landed on your feet in Flagstaff after your parents callously dug up your Vegas roots, but I'd have more respect for you if you posted a picture of yourself working at Subway or something.

Have Ariabelliola and King Sol started shilling yet and I somehow missed it?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Oh come on, Garrison, you too?!  I liked you.  I really did.  I'm glad you seem to have landed on your feet in Flagstaff after your parents callously dug up your Vegas roots, but I'd have more respect for you if you posted a picture of yourself working at Subway or something.

Have Ariabelliola and King Sol started shilling yet and I somehow missed it?

Well at least it's not an MLM!!

ETA- just tried googling the company name and NOTHING comes up. Except for a couple of retailers with similar names starting with Bob who also carry Floral/Hawaiian shirts. I don't think this is Garrison's business, it's either a friend or a business who approached him. But aren't they supposed to include #ad in their posts? I watched the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix and it sounds like after that debacle, they're required to indicate advertising.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Good grief... I was wondering what this week's ROCKSTAR snake oil or contraption would be.... Presto!.. Ginger shots and who knew, they're good for digestion!  😂

I just can't with her.   🙄

* Sigh. This woman is a dolt. Normally I'd applaud anyone who keeps trying, but in this case it's just sad. It's like that one person at work who tries something new every week (and tells EVERYONE) but never gets anywhere so after a while, you just nod and smile and go back to what you were doing (because correcting them is an endless--and pointless-- battle). 

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well at least it's not an MLM!!

ETA- just tried googling the company name and NOTHING comes up. Except for a couple of retailers with similar names starting with Bob who also carry Floral/Hawaiian shirts. I don't think this is Garrison's business, it's either a friend or a business who approached him. But aren't they supposed to include #ad in their posts? I watched the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix and it sounds like after that debacle, they're required to indicate advertising.

* I also tried googling it, could not find anything. But speaking of Hawaiian shirts, I just found the most awesome Hawaiian shirt at a Henderson Goodwill last week. 100% silk--$5. It feels AMAZING, too bad it's too cold to wear it right now (weather's been weirdly cool). 

• Love 5

From Amazon:

Pitchford says in his dedication that he hopes the reader finds "healing, awareness, and peace" from following his program. The diet is certainly acetic by American standards (no alcohol, caffeine, white flour, fried foods, or sugar, and a minimum of eggs and dairy) but the reasons he gives for avoiding these "negative energy" foods are compelling. From the adrenal damage imparted by coffee to immune dysfunction brought on by excess refined sugar, Pitchford spurs you to rethink every dietary choice and its ultimate influence on your health. Without being alarmist, he adds dietary tips for protecting yourself against the dangers of modern life, including neutralizing damage from water fluoridation (thyroid and immune-system problems may result; fluoride is a carcinogen). There's further reading on food combining, female health, heart disease, pregnancy, fasting, and weight loss. Overall, this is a wonderful book for anyone who's serious about strengthening his or her body from the inside out.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Good Lord, is there a bandwagon that Janelle won’t hop on? 

And what about her love of coffee? Sugar? Or is she going to justify it by saying that honey and molasses “don’t count”?

or that lemonade and cupcake...

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

It will probably take her about 232 days to read that book, because she is soooo busy. I wonder if she ever did her garden in those grave plots raised beds of hers ?  You know after she drove the 1.7 miles back to her house from the farmer's market where she scoffed down some chocolate brownies and lemonade (I totally would get heartburn)  I really am beginning to think that she is so full of hot air and that is what is making her big. 

• LOL 11
18 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It will probably take her about 232 days to read that book, because she is soooo busy. I wonder if she ever did her garden in those grave plots raised beds of hers ?  You know after she drove the 1.7 miles back to her house from the farmer's market where she scoffed down some chocolate brownies and lemonade (I totally would get heartburn)  I really am beginning to think that she is so full of hot air and that is what is making her big. 

Prick her with a pin!!! 😂

I’m gonna hazard a guess and say she’ll read about 20 pages and then set it aside on her mountain of partially read ersatz health books. After gleaning a tad of dubious info taken out of context to share with her fans...

• Love 8

"Dick sharing lifestyle," hahahaha!  Strife is so much better than Strive.

I wonder if Kootie's concubines ever steam their vaginas, like Ashley and Vanessa on SSW did?  Great bonding experience!  <not>

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

05424A7D-B965-45D3-888B-6164684737F9.jpeg

4A830F7B-551B-429D-ACAB-441459BB3819.jpeg

I think she needs to read more self help books and hire a health coach for herself.  She has to heal her mind and change her mindset if she wants to truly see any change. The way she carries her weight tells me she has unresolved emotional baggage and I'm no health coach. I used to weigh 250 lbs myself and after I started dealing with my emotional baggage and changed my lifestyle the 120 lbs just fell off over the course of a year. I used to feel sorry for Janelle but now she just annoys me with this endless drivel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225image.png.a7e418940575c176f20745794fdf380d.png

So WTF IS THAT?

**ETA I need to read more carefully but it's difficult when I'm in hysterics. Dick sharing lifestyle...

I'm seriously laughing right now!!

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

In this case her procrastination would have paid off as it snowed (again) last night a couple of inches with flurries through the day. A hard freeze under 25 is expected tonight so any unprotected tomatoes/peppers, etc would be dead. 

I’ll admit I was one who got all excited with spring rains and planted. Fingers crossed the extra mulch I put on my root plants, baby spinach, peas and kale protects them and the “wall of water” saves the couple tomatoes. I was at least smart enough to keep some plants in reserve inside. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, New2this said:

In this case her procrastination would have paid off as it snowed (again) last night a couple of inches with flurries through the day. A hard freeze under 25 is expected tonight so any unprotected tomatoes/peppers, etc would be dead. 

LOL, well I wonder how Janelle and the rest of them are dealing with that kind of extreme weather after living in the Vegas heat for all those years.  I live in lower New England and even here it would be pretty much unthinkable to have that kind of weather now.  I've never seen it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, well I wonder how Janelle and the rest of them are dealing with that kind of extreme weather after living in the Vegas heat for all those years.  I live in lower New England and even here it would be pretty much unthinkable to have that kind of weather now.  I've never seen it.

Based on her previous post I'm guessing Janelle is dealing with it by staying inside and binge watching Netflix.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Based on her previous post I'm guessing Janelle is dealing with it by staying inside and binge watching Netflix.

If there’s even a dusting, Christine is using her snow blower!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Good Lord, is there a bandwagon that Janelle won’t hop on? 

And what about her love of coffee? Sugar? Or is she going to justify it by saying that honey and molasses “don’t count”?

or that lemonade and cupcake...

It would help if she stopped playing Musical Bandwagons...............she never stays on long enough to get anywhere. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 11:23 PM, Yeah No said:

well, I am miserable in the hot southeast today and for the next week.  I would take some snow today.    I am sure she is drinking hot drinks and eating cupcakes by the fire while watching movies.

• Love 6

Her posts all basically say, "Look. I saw a thing. Other people say stuff about the thing." Nothing to offer. No value added. She's that person in the office you desperately try to avoid meeting alone in the break room.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Just in case anyone wonders:

Janelle responded to a question:

I just do a little water or oil to sautés and salt and pepper.  I’m betting there are lots of creative ways but I generally just keep mine simple

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Not up to a BBQ?  Even a potluck with the family?  I wonder if she's started menopause.  Or if she needs treatment for depression?  What a sad way to be.

That "lifestyle" is reason enough to be unhappy, seems to me.  No wonder Maddie was adamantly opposed to it, seeing what it did/is doing to mom.

• Love 12

Maybe if she committed to one way of eating (diet), her body wouldn’t need something different after traveling. 

Snow peas are soooo good raw. If she had cooked them as part of a larger stir fry, I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, but that pan of limp snow peas makes me sad.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Not up to a BBQ?  Even a potluck with the family?  I wonder if she's started menopause.  Or if she needs treatment for depression?  What a sad way to be.

That "lifestyle" is reason enough to be unhappy, seems to me.  No wonder Maddie was adamantly opposed to it, seeing what it did/is doing to mom.

Not up to a BBQ = 

Don't feel like schlepping to Robyn's house today.

😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

What about Savannah?  Did she get to go to the family BBQ?  Or did she have to stay home holed up with Janelle, watching re-runs of The Office with the blinds closed, eating take out?

Did anyone go to check on Janelle, like perhaps one of her beloved sister wives or - I don't know - her "husband?"  Or were they all just happy that Eeyore wasn't at the party?

And pray tell, where does she go when she does all of this traveling?  She makes it sound like she's on the road far more often than she's home.

That post, though - telling her followers (delusional as they may be to follow her in the first place) that she didn't even have the desire to spend a holiday with her family is absolutely not helpful to anyone.  She needs to abandon ship on this ridiculous scheme and get herself to a real doctor's office.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Maybe if she committed to one way of eating (diet), her body wouldn’t need something different after traveling. 

Snow peas are soooo good raw. If she had cooked them as part of a larger stir fry, I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, but that pan of limp snow peas makes me sad.

Not to mention she has only "recently discovered" sautéed snow peas. 

Janelle needs to do some serious introspection regarding her mental/physical health and this "health coach" lie she's been trying to pull off. I'd have respect and empathy for her if she put it on hold and figured herself out versus trying to keep the charade going. What she's doing would be like an alcoholic or drug addict who offered addiction recovery services for $$ while still an active addict themselves: BULLSHIT. 

How can she not see how ridiculous she comes off?

• Love 8

So what is this bullshit that after traveling her body needs simple foods ? I get it if you came from some 5 star all inclusive resort or maybe trekking in the Alps, but good god - traveling does not constitute driving to a farmers market or driving 35 minutes to Sedona.  I bet tonight she will dive after the big hamburger, after all it is national hamburger day and she is on trend like that 

judge judy eye roll GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So what is this bullshit that after traveling her body needs simple foods ? I get it if you came from some 5 star all inclusive resort or maybe trekking in the Alps, but good god - traveling does not constitute driving to a farmers market or driving 35 minutes to Sedona

I get it if you are coming home from a vacation and most of your options are eating out.  More restaurant meals usually means "treating" yourself - especially if you are vacationing somewhere they have food you aren't usually exposed to at home.  You may want to eat simply for a few days (in my case - eat smaller/lighter meals).  BUT, I agree, this is total BS if you are coming back from babysitting your grandchild, or a 1 or 2 day trip somewhere.  Unless you start eating the minute you pull out of the driveway, your routine shouldn't have changed enough to even be noticeable.

• Love 8

Interesting that they stayed at a hotel to attend Aspyn’s graduation.  They have family in Vegas, and an empty house. I guess they wouldn’t want the new occupants of the other houses to have access to them. Imagine?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 5/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, ginger90 said:

1CA64C7E-081B-4944-AB23-511DC9C7A658.jpeg

6F4DD8F3-22BD-4ABA-9C6A-67043146167F.jpeg

Ok I just realized what's really bugging me about this pic. 

Who breaks up snow peas into pieces? They're not string beans!!!

I just did a Google image search for snow peas stir fry and all the photos read came up had whole peas. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/4Xr84b1rStQomFaq6

To my mind they won't cook properly breaking them up like that but I'm not Martin Yan or anything like that.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ok I just realized what's really bugging me about this pic. 

Who breaks up snow peas into pieces? They're not string beans!!!

I just did a Google image search for snow peas stir fry and all the photos read came up had whole peas. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/4Xr84b1rStQomFaq6

To my mind they won't cook properly breaking them up like that but I'm not Martin Yan or anything like that.

I'm a foodie that loves to cook and I've never seen snow peas broken up like that even in a recipe.

I have to remember where Janelle is coming from.  Despite trying to find healthier options she fails because she isn't starting with much background or ability in the first place.  All of the food I've ever seen any of the Browns serve looked like slop and that tells me all I need to know about their collective food IQ.

I had to suffer through a Mem. Day BBQ at my SIL's house.  Her family was similar and her food is atrocious.  Cheap ingredients thrown together and poorly prepared.  Poor quality steak overcooked on the grill and tough.  She never learns.  At least Janelle is attempting a weak effort, but she is just so lost and lacks motivation for this and just about everything in her life now.  Her posts are painful to read and reek of depression.  She clearly didn't want to make this move and is probably feeling isolated.  Now she is so depressed she doesn't even want to make the effort to break out of the isolation.  It becomes a vicious circle.  Then to "self-medicate" she eats.  Ugh.  She will probably continue to gain weight and post more and more ridiculous posts about her latest healthy fad food.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting that they stayed at a hotel to attend Aspyn’s graduation.  They have family in Vegas, and an empty house. I guess they wouldn’t want the new occupants of the other houses to have access to them. Imagine?

Agree, why are they staying in a hotel when they have a house to use?  

Almost every dining place has healthy options to choose from, even fast food.

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree, why are they staying in a hotel when they have a house to use?  

Almost every dining place has healthy options to choose from, even fast food.

I'm thinking that Christine's house is either devoid of furniture, or perhaps pending a sale (after nearly a year...)

ETA - Just checked Zillow -  Janelle's and Robyn's showing as Sold, Christine's still on the market, and Meri's simply said "listing removed" on 7 May. Hmmm thought she sold it?

ETA 2 - checked Clark county records - Kody and Meri still own the house.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm thinking that Christine's house is either devoid of furniture, or perhaps pending a sale (after nearly a year...)

Yes, I'm sure there were no beds or any other furniture there.

• Love 6

Cooking notes to Janelle...water + snow peas in a pan with heat is called steaming. Fat + snow peas is sauté.

However...snow peas are cut up.  Many people know them from the Asian food world where they are always whole...and sadly often fibrous. If you head to the classical side towards French cooking then snow peas are sliced very very thin called "chiffonade" and added at the very very end of cooking kind of like a slightly cooked garnish. 

Those snow peas look very fibrous and a touch freezer burned. Sadly I would think that such a thing might be in season for her locally with a specialty market farmer, instead of frozen. Peas, especially snow peas are very often the first thing planted and harvested early in the season. If she REALLY wants to blow her limited palate she should sauté some fresh harvested pea shoots.  The early growth of the plant.  Ready in just minutes and taste more like fresh peas than most fresh peas.  The plus is you can grow them right in your kitchen on a sunny window. Heat up a pan, harvest and enjoy. AND...I have a feeling that like other micro greens/shoots they are a hell of a nutritional rock star!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

...quote..."I wasn't even up for a Memorial Day BBQ today"

Translation:  Why bother doing anything special because it's really just me and Savannah.  I'm just a single mom and I can't be bothered to schlep across town to the family gathering.

Yep.  Janelle really does ooze depression.

Edit to add.....lolol it's been said upthread...I sure didn't read close enough.  But great minds think alike 😉

Edited by Roslyn
...read the threads closer before posting...
  • Love 4

Wow, who would have thought that Janelle would get so dehydrated in Flagstaff at a balmy 57 degrees going to the mailbox.  At least I can sleep better tonight that her 6K investment in her higher google searching edumacation is paying off with these genius faux gatorade mixers

• LOL 7
  • Love 1