Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

It might be my phone but her face looks a distinct ruddy orange to me. Her legs look nice- maybe too much bronzer or a foundation color that oxidized funny?

That's how she looks to me too

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Will anyone be upset if they don't return?  I won't.  

I'll take them over the stupid wedding dress shows, fiancé shows, wedding this, wedding that and the shows where couples have a bazillion kids in one litter. 

• Love 4

The article is almost a year old being dated November 5, 2016.  No I won't miss them if they are over.  I'm working on not starting any new TLC shows so I'm reclaiming hours of my life with each old one that ends.  :)

• Love 2

They made it sound like the miscarriage was earlier in the marriage, not just a couple years before the show started or Kody courted Robyn. That could be why they were in such distress with their marriage and why they were in marriage counseling. And why it was even more so such an incredibly shitty thing for Kody to bring Robyn into the family so soon after a devastating event for Meri. 

• Love 8

Kody only cares about himself and the almighty dollar.  Stupid horndog dickhead.

I don't like Meri and never have since I admittedly read their book, but he's proven to be an insensitive asshole.  I do believe that led Meri to fall for that catfish.  If Sam had been real, she would have flown the coop, lickedysplit.  

Now she's replaced her "family" with Lularoe.  When that goes bust, whatever will she do?  Is the show going to go on?  A Plan B grifter scheme must be in the works.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

As a woman who has struggled with miscarriage herself, I hate to say this.... but it is clear that Meri is begging for attention from Kody. 

She is for sure, and he's not giving it to her. As mentioned, if "Sam" had been real, she'd have been gone. 

I think the catfish thing has her understandably rattled and I think she still yearns for affection. She won't be getting it from Kody, but she's more afraid of the unknown than what she knows, even if it makes her unhappy. 

I saw that all the time with abused women at work (emotional and physical). Not implying there an abusive relationship, but it is at least neglectful. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She is for sure, and he's not giving it to her. As mentioned, if "Sam" had been real, she'd have been gone. 

I think the catfish thing has her understandably rattled and I think she still yearns for affection. She won't be getting it from Kody, but she's more afraid of the unknown than what she knows, even if it makes her unhappy. 

I saw that all the time with abused women at work (emotional and physical). Not implying there an abusive relationship, but it is at least neglectful

In my opinion, this is a form of abuse. Kody essentially has her locked into a relationship where nothing other than her basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter are being met. It's abuse to cause your partner to be perpetually unhappy. Yeah, she could choose to leave, but we all know how hard that is to do - even for people in an otherwise normal relationship.

• Love 6

It's much like $cientology. Sure, you can leave but you will no longer have any contact with those you love and care for. Meri can leave but she loves all the children.  She would no longer be asked to watch the smaller children. Meri would become an outsider and all alone.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

In my opinion, this is a form of abuse. Kody essentially has her locked into a relationship where nothing other than her basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter are being met. It's abuse to cause your partner to be perpetually unhappy. Yeah, she could choose to leave, but we all know how hard that is to do - even for people in an otherwise normal relationship.

i think the catfish situation was the one time she was ready to jump ship. 

31 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

It's much like $cientology. Sure, you can leave but you will no longer have any contact with those you love and care for. Meri can leave but she loves all the children.  She would no longer be asked to watch the smaller children. Meri would become an outsider and all alone.  

This. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri would become an outsider and all alone. 

What is it with organized religion brainwashing?  There's the Scientolgy bullshit,  shunning by the Amish, and the whole apostate thing with the Mormons.  All in the name of "God". Sheesh.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What is it with organized religion brainwashing?  There's the Scientolgy bullshit,  shunning by the Amish, and the whole apostate thing with the Mormons.  All in the name of "God". Sheesh.

Right? I'm so over humanity at this point because of stuff like this, people like Kody.

Even though she plays games too I feel bad for Meri being stuck in this situation. As someone viewing this from the outside, why would she want to remain with a family unit that wants her to be unhappy and would punish her for trying to be? Fuck that! That's not love. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I get your point, but on God's behalf I must point out that $cientologists have nothing to do with him.  Their nuttiness is entirely their own (and alien overlord Xenu's).

If Meri ever chose to leave I can't really see this group engaging in a concerted effort to shun her, mainly because a) they're lazy, b) their life hasn't been about religion for quite some time, and c) they're still barely in the public eye and know it would look bad if it got out.  As more and more of Meri's bonus children reach adulthood they would be able to keep in touch with her as they pleased, and I can't really see their parents bothering to convince them otherwise.  Janelle and Christine were never Meri's bosom buddies so I doubt there would be much communication there, but that's nothing new and I'm sure Meri wouldn't be heartbroken.  Things would probably be worst with King Kody, who would be irate because one of his statistics left, but having a cold relationship with your ex-husband is sadly not unusual.  Plus, we've seen that Grandma Annie left the lifestyle but she's still very welcome in the fold.

But hey, this is just a bit of hypothetical speculation.  This clan has certainly surprised me before.  (Looking at you, Maddie...)

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I get your point, but on God's behalf I must point out that $cientologists have nothing to do with him.  Their nuttiness is entirely their own (and alien overlord Xenu's).

Sorry, I should have said "supreme being" since there are a whole lot of atrocities (past and present) committed in the name of religions of all shapes and sizes worldwide.  Most have something they consider the head of their own particular mob.

You are probably right about tossing Meri out on her ear.  Of course, if it gets then another season then who knows.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I don't believe this at all.  Kody would be pissed because of his ego and Robyn would be jealous of Meri's freedom.  I truly believe that Robyn regrets the life she has created for herself.  Sure, she loves her bio and bonus kids and the big house doesn't hurt but I think the honeymoon is definitely over!  Anyways, those children love Meri and would never shun her.  I thought it was cute that when she congratulated Logan and Michelle on their engagement they both told Meri they loved her and Logan called her "Mama Meri".    

• Love 4

I've never read the book, but the miscarriage was discussed on the show. One of my miscarriages was at five months, and I think hers was too, or around then. She and Kody sat there while he plastered that "I'm supposed to be sad at this moment but can only think about my new wife" look on his face and Meri explained that she was surprised to learn she was pregnant, Mariah was around ten, and at four or five months along an ultrasound revealed that the pregnancy wasn't viable. If it was explained why it wasn't viable, I don't remember what she said, but think there was just no heartbeat. She then discussed how she had to explain it to Mariah, who was very excited to have a sibling, at the same time as they were telling viewers that they were one big family. I understood, though; Mariah was the only one who didn't have a sibling in the same home, since they were not actually living as one big family. It was probably a very big deal in their home since Meri had only been pregnant once in her entire marriage, with Mariah.

They filmed a segment with her alone, too, which is when she explained not wanting to do fertility treatments, I think. If I remember correctly, one of the others was also pregnant at the same time, and delivered a healthy child, and she mentioned how it was exciting and sad at the same time. Her voice revealed a sadness over it still, and I actually felt for her in those moments.

That said, everything Meri does is for attention, especially from Kody, and she probably saw that on one of her motivational feeds and decided to post it. She used to post all kind of those type of things on Twitter, and I would see them on Cynical Jinx's site during the episodes when she posted the twitter feeds. Meri was quite obnoxious with them at one point. Everytime she finds something new to sink her claws into she goes overboard for awhile. 

(I keep getting an error when I hit Submit Reply and come back to this post, so it will probably post several times in a row.)

• Love 3
On 9/15/2017 at 9:42 AM, Jellybeans said:

Will anyone be upset if they don't return?  I won't.  

Well, now hold on - I for one haven't quite heard my fill about Meri and her fillings towards that evil, nefarious catfisher-type person and how evil he was and how she had all those fillings!  About the evil!  Catfisher!  Fillings!!

But really, you've got to wonder if Kody is, right now, fluffing his hair and putting on his best fancy denim shirt and is out trolling the streets of Las Vegas, looking for Wifey #5.  I'd watch that.  I would also watch their McMansions get foreclosed on, resulting in the entire family having to move into Meri's house.  Anything else is just going to be Snoozeville.

• Love 12

While looking at new homes, my 81 year old mother stood at the small countertop that overlooks the living room in the home they decided to buy. She declared very loudly, "I MUST have my Wetbar of Tears or I WON'T BE HAPPY!!!". Today while moving in, she placed the plate of chocolate chip cookies on that countertop (ok, not pastries but close enough). Rock on, Mom.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

While looking at new homes, my 81 year old mother stood at the small countertop that overlooks the living room in the home they decided to buy. She declared very loudly, "I MUST have my Wetbar of Tears or I WON'T BE HAPPY!!!". Today while moving in, she placed the plate of chocolate chip cookies on that countertop (ok, not pastries but close enough). Rock on, Mom.

She's inviting all of us over for Thanksgiving, right @Galloway Cave?  I know how to paint tin cans.  :)

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I second that.  Rock on, Mom!!!!!!

• Love 6

Meri goes overboard on everything she does. If only she applied herself to something legitimate as opposed to all these obvious pyramid schemes, she would be sitting there with her own money in a house she kicked her husband out of after the divorce and her new found love. Put your overbearing, perfectionist attitude toward something real Meri.

• Love 10

Anyone else watching Meri on her LLR Group page?  

She's always so bitchy and surly and never seems happy to be there.  Also middle-school type arguments have happened both in the lives and in the posts where she posts everyone's name who hasn't paid yet.  It's a hot mess in there!  I can't watch for more than a few minutes at a time, when I do watch.

As for Madison, she seems to be almost over it already.  Janelle and her kids are SO slovenly.  No wonder Logan couldn't wait to get out of there.  He's really the only tidy one.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Anyone else watching Meri on her LLR Group page?  

Is there any way to watch her videos without being apart of her group?  I am weirdly curious to see Meri sell those hideous prints.

• Love 5