Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Meri looks filtered to death.

Kodester lost most of his hair. He really needs to shave it all off.

I don’t know, it wasn’t her camera for the photo in question it was someone else who took and posted the photo. I suspect she got fillers in her cheek area. It actually looks good, whoever did it didn’t go overboard. She looks like an improved version of herself. It kinda balanced out her face a bit

Yes I gave her a compliment— what’s the world coming to? 😂 I’d be down to get some touch ups if my bank account allowed. 

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t know, it wasn’t her camera for the photo in question it was someone else who took and posted the photo. I suspect she got fillers in her cheek area. It actually looks good, whoever did it didn’t go overboard. She looks like an improved version of herself. It kinda balanced out her face a bit

Yes I gave her a compliment— what’s the world coming to? 😂 I’d be down to get some touch ups if my bank account allowed. 

She may have had micro dermabrasion too. The texture of her skin has lost the oatmeal look she had from enlarged pores. Also noted, the brown tooth seems to have been capped, replaced or lightened in some way.

• Like 3

Kody and Robyn’s house isn’t listed yet. But, Meri’s is listed as currently for rent. When she rented it the price was $4,500. now it’s $5,800.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7

So Christine and now apparently Meri have left Flagstaff.  Janelle is probably stuck until June and then who knows.  

Good for Meri for at least not staying to watch Kody and Robyn.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

So Christine and now apparently Meri have left Flagstaff.  Janelle is probably stuck until June and then who knows.  

Good for Meri for at least not staying to watch Kody and Robyn.

Yes finally. I hope she finally figures herself out Kody-free. Robyn now has Kod-dink all to herself, something she may come to regret.

Poverty is his worse fear — he better put Robyn to work because they don’t have anyone left to mooch off of. 

• Like 7

Janelle's boys are all in Flagstaff or LV, correct? Christine's kids are mostly in UT and Leon is in WA? Also Meri's inn is in UT. Does Janelle have any reason to leave AZ? Maddie said they're likely moving from NC in the not too distant future, so NC seems unlikely.

Janelle got screwed all around. No money and no home base. I see her staying in Flagstaff... unless maybe they're moving Sister Wives filming primarily to UT.

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Janelle's boys are all in Flagstaff or LV, correct? Christine's kids are mostly in UT and Leon is in WA? Also Meri's inn is in UT. Does Janelle have any reason to leave AZ? Maddie said they're likely moving from NC in the not too distant future, so NC seems unlikely.

Janelle got screwed all around. No money and no home base. I see her staying in Flagstaff... unless maybe they're moving Sister Wives filming primarily to UT.

Oh! What if everyone needs to move to Utah to film because Christine is now driving the show instead of Kody? Hee.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yes finally. I hope she finally figures herself out Kody-free. Robyn now has Kod-dink all to herself, something she may come to regret.

Poverty is his worse fear — he better put Robyn to work because they don’t have anyone left to mooch off of. 

Let's just have fun and decide what jobs she should apply for!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, I don't see why Janelle would leave. She loved Flagstaff and "Utah has nothing for (her)." 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Let's just have fun and decide what jobs she should apply for!!

I'd like to see her sweat over the grill at McDonald's flipping burgers and watching her eyebrow stencils slowly melt off (no shade to that particular job, I used to do it myself).

As much as I want her to get a real job, I can't think of anything she'd be qualified to do or if she was, it would be a job she thinks is beneath her.

Congrats, Kody!  hahahahahahaha

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

To bring it back around to topic, maybe Meri should make Robyn her LuLaRoe assistant - just like Robyn tried to make Meri her MSWC employee.  Let Robyn unpack and display all those lovely leggings - she'd be the perfect model, since she has those extra long legs and all.

How fun would it be for Kody's mortgage to get paid only if Meri takes on Robyn as her employee. :)

• Applause 4
  • LOL 6

As much as I dislike Meri, I'm glad she's packed up and moved. It was time to move on and finally leave that sad and sorry Douchebag and Sobbyn behind. 

I just wonder why she waited until now. Or to put it differently, would she have stayed if Kody's 'marriages' with Janelle and Christine hadn't collapsed, just to keep the show running?  We all knew she no longer had a relationship with Kody, but pretended to have one for the show. Then Christine left, followed by Janelle. Was she told to pack up and move, or was it her own decision when she realised it was pointless to remain behind?

• Like 5

I have read that Meri was paying $4500. a month to rent the Flagstaff house.  Now that she has vacated the owner is asking $5800.

Even assuming that she is pulling in $200,000 a year with LLR, is seems wild that she spent $54,000. a year over the several years they were in Flagstaff.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Love 1

I'm guessing Meri will need to find a place near the inn to rent or buy. Lets hope she's not so foolish to get a mega-home again.

I think Robyn should be a waitress. Other than being a mom, waitressing was the hardest job I've every done. She needs to waitress at a chain who require uniforms and singing happy birthday to their customers.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have read that Meri was paying $4500. a month to rent the Flagstaff house.  Now that she has vacated the owner is asking $5800.

Even assuming that she is pulling in $200,000 a year with LLR, is seems wild that she spent $54,000. a year over the several years they were in Flagstaff.

It is a ridiculous amount to pour down the drain annually. She could have paid off a large chunk of a mortgage if she'd bought at the time. Worst of all, she absolutely had no reason to rent such a huge house for herself.

Why did she do that? I suspect it has to do with desperately trying to maintain some sort of status, especially compared to the sister wives. She always needed the biggest or the best after all.

Having said this, l have watched a lot of house hunting shows over the past year. You'd be surprised to see the huge number of singletons that claim to need a huge house with at least 4 bedrooms (a master, a guest room, an office, a work place or a gym) in addition to a big living room, big kitchen diner and a garage.  Meri is like that too. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

In an effort to bring in some money Robyn could make the rounds on various reality shows, such as:

1.  What Not to Wear

to rid herself of those FABULOUS, 1980s Church Lady polyester blouses

2. HSN

to hawk Precious Moments figurines 

3. Dr. Phil or equivalent 

to lecture on the virtues of helicopter parenting

4. Divorce Court

to rid herself of that Ramen- noodle headed growth coming out of her side

5. Any current polygamy show

to get her "scent" out there

• LOL 18
10 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

In an effort to bring in some money Robyn could make the rounds on various reality shows, such as:

1.  What Not to Wear

2. HSN

4. Divorce Court

Ok, if Robyn sees this list, puts them to good use, and earns a fortune with your suggestions, they'll be able to keep that stupid mansion.

And I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you for rescuing them from their one-way trip to financial hell...😜🙃😁

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

As much as I dislike Meri, I'm glad she's packed up and moved. It was time to move on and finally leave that sad and sorry Douchebag and Sobbyn behind. 

I just wonder why she waited until now. Or to put it differently, would she have stayed if Kody's 'marriages' with Janelle and Christine hadn't collapsed, just to keep the show running?  We all knew she no longer had a relationship with Kody, but pretended to have one for the show. Then Christine left, followed by Janelle. Was she told to pack up and move, or was it her own decision when she realised it was pointless to remain behind?

Same. Years ago when Meri first acquired the B&B I suspected she’d use it as a landing pad when/if things went to shit. She has indeed done that. It was smart of her to buy the B&B, not just because it was previously in the family but for this very reason — her independence.

I still dislike her personality but I’m glad she’s made this decision. Maybe we’ll see a new side to her without Ko-dink in the picture. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect incorrectly changing whatever it wants
  • Like 10

I wonder if Robyn sees the money that Gwen is making on her re-watch YouTube channel and is thinking along those lines...although watching Robyn dry-cry for 30 minutes per episode probably wouldn't garner many viewers.

Now, if she did a re-watch to explain where she purchased each of her circa-1987 secretary blouses or an episode-by-episode makeup tutorial, that might be worth a click or two.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

It is a ridiculous amount to pour down the drain annually. She could have paid off a large chunk of a mortgage if she'd bought at the time. Worst of all, she absolutely had no reason to rent such a huge house for herself.

Why did she do that? I suspect it has to do with desperately trying to maintain some sort of status, especially compared to the sister wives. She always needed the biggest or the best after all.

Having said this, l have watched a lot of house hunting shows over the past year. You'd be surprised to see the huge number of singletons that claim to need a huge house with at least 4 bedrooms (a master, a guest room, an office, a work place or a gym) in addition to a big living room, big kitchen diner and a garage.  Meri is like that too. 

I watched a couple of the LuLaRoe documentaries and in one of them a formerly high earning 'consultant' explained that once at a certain level they are expected to live as lavishly as they can, and show it off on SM. On top of fooling future consultants, it gets them to spend all they make so they don't become too financially independent.  You can tell Meri is totally brainwashed by this organization.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 10
On 4/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, oliviabenson said:

Meri looks filtered to death.

Kodester lost most of his hair. He really needs to shave it all off.

Or just let the ex wives pull it out one by one.  It would kill a minute of a Tell All.

• LOL 11
17 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

1.  What Not to Wear

2. HSN

4. Divorce Court

I know this has been talked about a lot but I was rewatching a show from season 16.  I could see into one of her hutches and holy fuckballs!!!!  Who needs all those Precious Moments and whatever else that crazy lady is collecting???  Is she really 70 cause I know of no early 40's woman collecting that stuff.  It is like she just ordered the entire line of those creepy little things.  Her kids are going to hate going through that crap when she dies. 

1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

There's always Amazon drivers. That pays well to start. 

20230426_130305.png

Ew.  No one needs to see a hairless pic of Ms. Goiter

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
49 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I know this has been talked about a lot but I was rewatching a show from season 16.  I could see into one of her hutches and holy fuckballs!!!!  Who needs all those Precious Moments and whatever else that crazy lady is collecting???  Is she really 70 cause I know of no early 40's woman collecting that stuff.  It is like she just ordered the entire line of those creepy little things.  Her kids are going to hate going through that crap when she dies. 

I bought about 30 of those Precious Moments figurines still with original boxes at auction for $30.00, so I hope they don't plan to live out their golden years on the profit if they sell them.

I gave them to my granddaughters to give to their mother (my ex-daughter-in-law). She left my son for a man 20 years her senior, so it figures.

• Like 7

So Meri spent $54 grand a year to rent the huge house?  Dang, we bought our house in 1988 for $57 grand.  Granted, the same house in 2023 would cost at least quadruple that, but still...wow.  That's a huge amount, and I can't see doing that.  House payments to build equity would have been the smarter thing to do, as Christine did.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

So Meri spent $54 grand a year to rent the huge house?  Dang, we bought our house in 1988 for $57 grand.  Granted, the same house in 2023 would cost at least quadruple that, but still...wow.  That's a huge amount, and I can't see doing that.  House payments to build equity would have been the smarter thing to do, as Christine did.

It’s harder buying when you move often. We lost $20k between buying and selling homes as the market fluctuated between 2018-2021. After the losses, we swore we’d rent until we settle down. 

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s harder buying when you move often. We lost $20k between buying and selling homes as the market fluctuated between 2018-2021. After the losses, we swore we’d rent until we settle down. 

It's said that if one doesn't move for five years, buying is better.  Or has that changed? 

I don't know how many years the Browns have been in Flagstaff.

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Wow.  I guess timing is everything.

• Like 4

And I don’t think anyone will ever understand why one person would spend so much on a ridiculously big house for so many years.

Unless.. Meri did apply for a mortgage but found that she could only borrow enough to buy a fairly modest house? Maybe due to her previous bankruptcy, being alone on the mortgage because Kody refused to sign, or an uncertain/unsteady cashflow from LLR or TLC? Just guessing some possible reasons. Meri could have a lavish monthly income but that’s not always enough to convince money lenders. Sometimes it is easier to qualify for rentals, particularly if you have some guarantees in place like a huge deposit or people or companies (tlc? Llr?) vouching for you. 

And we all know that Meri doesn’t do modest. So, renting could have been the only way for her to get the palace she wanted.
Anything to distinguish herself and lure Kody back to her. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

And I don’t think anyone will ever understand why one person would spend so much on a ridiculously big house for so many years.

Unless.. Meri did apply for a mortgage but found that she could only borrow enough to buy a fairly modest house? Maybe due to her previous bankruptcy, being alone on the mortgage because Kody refused to sign, or an uncertain/unsteady cashflow from LLR or TLC? Just guessing some possible reasons. Meri could have a lavish monthly income but that’s not always enough to convince money lenders. Sometimes it is easier to qualify for rentals, particularly if you have some guarantees in place like a huge deposit or people or companies (tlc? Llr?) vouching for you. 

And we all know that Meri doesn’t do modest. So, renting could have been the only way for her to get the palace she wanted.

I think Meri wanted the big house to store all the LulaRags. She needed an office to do business from. She needed a spare for Leon and Audrey. Bedroom for herself, when she was there. 

For some reason, I think she thought if she had the big house, family would gather there. 

Could she have caught a big tax break for working from home? That was true years ago, but I'm not sure now.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I think Meri wanted the big house to store all the LulaRags. She needed an office to do business from. She needed a spare for Leon and Audrey. Bedroom for herself, when she was there. 

For some reason, I think she thought if she had the big house, family would gather there. 

That's why she wanted the wet bar in Vegas, and from what I remember - in order to have that precious wet bar - the builders had to add an extra bedroom or something like that.  But as I recall, most family gatherings were not at her place at all...since we know she likes to keep her house very tidy, inviting over a troop of bonus children to get their slimy fingerprints all over her tchotchkes was not going to fly.  She got what she wanted under false pretenses, IMO.  She never had any designs to have her family over - she didn't even like any of them that much, except for Sol and Kody.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

We now know that Meri gave the proceeds of the sale of her Vegas house to Kody and Robyn for the big house. So she wouldn't have had a chunk for a down payment for buying a house in Flagstaff.

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's why she wanted the wet bar in Vegas, and from what I remember - in order to have that precious wet bar - the builders had to add an extra bedroom or something like that.  But as I recall, most family gatherings were not at her place at all...since we know she likes to keep her house very tidy, inviting over a troop of bonus children to get their slimy fingerprints all over her tchotchkes was not going to fly.  She got what she wanted under false pretenses, IMO.  She never had any designs to have her family over - she didn't even like any of them that much, except for Sol and Kody.

They couldn't talk about their MLM in Vegas on camera, only calling it their "marketing sales business".  Meri did all the entertaining parties trying to lure the punters at her Vegas house.  That was her "entertaining" back then.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

We now know that Meri gave the proceeds of the sale of her Vegas house to Kody and Robyn for the big house. So she wouldn't have had a chunk for a down payment for buying a house in Flagstaff.

True. But a good reason for not buying still doesn't explain that ridiculous rental. For less rent, she could have gotten something more modest. Imagine if she had saved up that difference over 5 years... It would have made for a nice down payment to begin with.

But... Meri could never be content with a small 2-bedroom house or apartment like Janelle,  because of who she is. But you made another good point regarding her MLM parties. She'd need the space.  If only to impress her prospects. And like somebody else said: MLMs urge their consultants to live above their means anyway.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

True. But a good reason for not buying still doesn't explain that ridiculous rental. For less rent, she could have gotten something more modest. Imagine if she had saved up that difference over 5 years... It would have made for a nice down payment to begin with.

But... Meri could never be content with a small 2-bedroom house or apartment like Janelle,  because of who she is. But you made another good point regarding her MLM parties. She'd need the space.  If only to impress her prospects. And like somebody else said: MLMs urge their consultants to live above their means anyway.

Based on Meri's obsession with owning things that belonged to her family and when she closed on the B&B she materialized a truck of furniture from family, I think she has way too much stuff for any kind of small house.

They were filming her pre-evacuation panic and she was running around digging through an endless sea of plastic totes, not even knowing what was in them, pointing out plates on display that had been painted by every member of her family etc. Back in Vegas her house seemed tidy and spaciously furnished, yet when the camera went around the corner into her Lula roe room it was a hot mess.  Clutter and stuff everywhere. I think she kept her filming rooms looking good for the camera and every other room in Vegas and then the various mega rentals she had in Flagstaff were packed to the gills.

• Useful 7
On 4/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

1.  What Not to Wear

2. HSN

4. Divorce Court

What Not To Wear. She can be the Fashion Don't Lady. Lol.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Why is Meri collecting all the stuff? Leon will toss it all or sell it. I can’t picture Leon living in the bnb surrounded by all that stuff. 

I can't picture Leon living in the bnb at all after Meri is gone.  Leon is an urban type person not a backwater one!

• Like 9
On 4/4/2023 at 5:42 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is with Meri pretending to be drunk?    I don't understand why she does this ...

After watching more of Meri doing these ... presentations ... I have reconsidered my original statement about her being drunk.

I now am leaning toward thinking it looks more like she is enjoying her Benzos.

Yep. I just said that.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Well, she's enjoying something because she's a pretty convincing drunk...from the bits and pieces of the FWF videos I've seen, she really sells it.

Does she act that way in her LuLaLives?  Because it seems she'd need to keep her rage and wits sharp to be able to simultaneously keep up with the messages, block the trolls, and prevent Nancy from Boise from buying the purple LuLaCarly right out from under poor Madge from Dubuque, who told Meri she looked pretty that day.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 12
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Well, she's enjoying something because she's a pretty convincing drunk...from the bits and pieces of the FWF videos I've seen, she really sells it.

Does she act that way in her LuLaLives?  Because it seems she'd need to keep her rage and wits sharp to be able to simultaneously keep up with the messages, block the trolls, and prevent Nancy from Boise from buying the purple LuLaCarly right out from under poor Madge from Dubuque, who told Meri she looked pretty that day.

Nancy and Madge will never work it out.  Madge is CLEARLY a suck up!  🤣

• LOL 11

That article says that Meri listed her Arizona house for rent.  She didn't even own that house.  Possible that she's subletting but I highly doubt it.

It also says that she shared the Arizona house with her now ex.  Kody hasn't slept a single night at Meri's in years upon years.

Why can't writers do even the tiniest amount of research?

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

That article says that Meri listed her Arizona house for rent.  She didn't even own that house.  Possible that she's subletting but I highly doubt it.

It also says that she shared the Arizona house with her now ex.  Kody hasn't slept a single night at Meri's in years upon years.

Why can't writers do even the tiniest amount of research?

The Sun sucks.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3