Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is this a picture of Meri, or the sign.......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1ajUkD-AD/

Meri probably fills that sign is famous. 

When they were all gathered together with Nancy hashing out the Catfish situation...Meri was crying & pissed off at the world & the film crew  captured her & the bottom of that sign in the background. The only words on the screen  to be seen were "gone terribly wrong" through the entire fiasco.

That about sums it up with this show....

?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, toodles said:

Luluroe has invaded my office.  I just took my co-worker's card and kept my opinion to myself.  It's everywhere!!

I know! I was talking to a friend at work today and asked about a co-worker who quit several months ago.  I was told "she left because her business really took off.  She sells those leggings."  Yep, Lularoe.  And then my friend said that she owns a pair that she bought from her...we call them her Nicki Minaj pants.  We had no idea they were Lularoe, but it all makes hideous sense now!  She said there are two girls from our government office in California who have quit to sell Lularoe full time. Wild. 

1 Nicki Minaj.jpg

• Love 3

LuLaRoe sellers are also widely sharing a diagram with tips on how to avoid holes, including advice like "Pull just a tad or you'll be sad!"

Seriously?  You can't put clothes on your body without literally destroying them?  That's just insane.

• Love 4

First, I am in complete agreement with all of you: Why would you quit a job with benefits to be an MLM'er full time? WHY? I suppose if you have health insurance through your spouse's/significant other's job, you might not value yours as much. The only thing I can really figure is the people doing this haven't been around the MLM industry long enough to know that these companies can skyrocket to prominence and then plummet back to Earth leaving an impact crater the size of the one in Arizona. My first instinct is to not have any sympathy for them, but that's wrong. They don't know any better (most likely) and, even if they do, I don't want to imagine anyone becoming homeless or struggling to make ends meet because they made this decision. I just wish they had knowledgable friends whose counsel they would heed.

Second, good God those patterns are ugly! The leggings with that Christmas tree pattern on them are unimaginably hideous. Why would anyone buy that? Why would anyone think it would sell? Even the huge rose print one is bad (not as bad as the others, but still). The worst one is the one with all the squares or rhomboids all over it. I can't tell whether they're supposed to be squares, rhomboids, or a mixture of the two. I look at that and start to develop a headache instantly. Perhaps the point of that pattern is to blind everyone you meet.

Third, I love this quote from a consultant:

"I have been a consultant for seven months and it has been life changing," one review says. "I didn't have two dimes to rub together and I am making more money in a month than I used to make in a year."

If they didn't have two dimes to rub together, how did they come up with the thousands of dollars required to get started in this company?

Finally, I am going to try practicing not feeling any schadenfreude when Meri gets stuck with thousands of dollars in clothing she cannot sell and cannot return for a refund.

• Love 11

A MLM like LuLaRoe can be very appealing to women who strongly desire friends and social life, like Meri.  As soon as you have those ugly leggings  in your livingroom - you will instantly have 14 new BFFs because they want to get first dibs on the print of a chihuahua coming out of a vagina.  The women who quit solid positions are doing so because socializing is more important to them in terms of values vs. economic stability.  They are leaving jobs and putting these ugly clothing on their credit cards.  Most aren't turning a profit --- but, they now have lunch dates, brunch dates, tapas dates, someone to go to the outlet mall with, friends to meet at the wine bar, etc.  What they fail to recognize is that once this fad is over, the friendship lasts as long as these leggings (which seem to rip in the ass in hours!).

• Love 10

My first instinct is to not have any sympathy for them, but that's wrong.

Not entirely wrong, in my opinion.  

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some background checking on these kinds of scams.  DakotaJustice uncovered an article that should be required reading for any perspective buyer.  If you don't do some investigation on something that seems too good to be true, then you deserve what you get.  That's called research, something that should come first before forking over all of your savings.

• Love 4

@Kohola3 You have a point. I'm still going to try to have some sympathy for them. Might make me a better person. :D

@CofCinci I hadn't thought of the social aspect. I appreciate you bringing that up. (We moved at least once per year from the time I was 5 until 12, then we moved again when I was 14. So, I've never been very good at maintaining friendships or putting a premium on socializing.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

A MLM like LuLaRoe can be very appealing to women who strongly desire friends and social life, like Meri.  As soon as you have those ugly leggings  in your livingroom - you will instantly have 14 new BFFs because they want to get first dibs on the print of a chihuahua coming out of a vagina.  The women who quit solid positions are doing so because socializing is more important to them in terms of values vs. economic stability.  They are leaving jobs and putting these ugly clothing on their credit cards.  Most aren't turning a profit --- but, they now have lunch dates, brunch dates, tapas dates, someone to go to the outlet mall with, friends to meet at the wine bar, etc.  What they fail to recognize is that once this fad is over, the friendship lasts as long as these leggings (which seem to rip in the ass in hours!).

LOL.  Those clothes are fugly.

• Love 1

As much as I know you guys want a PBP of the live sales - truth to tell, she does these during the workday (!!) most of the time, so i really only catch glimpses.  Saturday she did an all-day but I was busy all day myself and again only caught glimpses.

@Galloway Cave you are right - about the sister wife situation.  I see parallels in the catfish aftermath repeating themselves.  some of the "trolls" last year became her new besties, same thing is happening now in the group. 

@MrSmith there are tons of videos on YouTube from LLR consultants on how they financed.  Most of them charged it, on a zero-interest offer card.  Then they ran that balance up and up and up.  AND they keep reinvesting any profits, with a goal of getting their inventory up to 1,000 pieces.  Of course when the bottom falls out of this fad, which it WILL, those suckers will be left with unsellable clothes and a huge Visa bill that they can't afford.  I watched one YT video "LLR for the financially challenged" in which the consultant acknowledged in her latest video that she lost her real job, and her husband and her are filing bankruptcy.  She couldn't afford to do this to begin with.  It's all a HUGE scam.

• Love 6

Finally, I am going to try practicing not feeling any schadenfreude when Meri gets stuck with thousands of dollars in clothing she cannot sell and cannot return for a refund.

She will wear them herself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She will wear them herself.

But they aren't one size fits all, are they?  PLEASE tell me that they are not.  All I can think of is enormously stretched out vaginal chihuahuas.

• Love 2

@DakotaJustice Amazing. Simply amazing. I don't have credit cards (and don't want them) and so I don't think about the using zero interest cards for stuff like that. Those people are really dumb because running the bill up like that is exactly what the card companies are hoping you'll do. And that woman in the "LLR for the financially challenged" video .... I just don't even know what to say. I'm watching her video now and I'm going to leave a comment. She'll certainly deserve everything that happens to her when it all comes crashing down.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But they aren't one size fits all, are they?  PLEASE tell me that they are not.  All I can think of is enormously stretched out vaginal chihuahuas.

LLR Leggings sizes..

One size (2-12)

Tall & Curvy (12-22) 

?

Edited by Sista Snarky
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Meri is getting the sister wife situation she wanted in Lularoe, without having to share her husband. She will stay until they have to pry those butt-ugly leggings from her cold dead hands.

So true!

The frolicking through the forest  photos with friends  (wearing LLR) that Meri posts on IG suggest exactly that.

That strong  "sisterhood" bond that she considers there with her LLR friends & so obviously not when it comes to the other Sister Wives.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

As much as I know you guys want a PBP of the live sales - truth to tell, she does these during the workday (!!) most of the time, so i really only catch glimpses.  Saturday she did an all-day but I was busy all day myself and again only caught glimpses.

@Galloway Cave you are right - about the sister wife situation.  I see parallels in the catfish aftermath repeating themselves.  some of the "trolls" last year became her new besties, same thing is happening now in the group. 

@MrSmith there are tons of videos on YouTube from LLR consultants on how they financed.  Most of them charged it, on a zero-interest offer card.  Then they ran that balance up and up and up.  AND they keep reinvesting any profits, with a goal of getting their inventory up to 1,000 pieces.  Of course when the bottom falls out of this fad, which it WILL, those suckers will be left with unsellable clothes and a huge Visa bill that they can't afford.  I watched one YT video "LLR for the financially challenged" in which the consultant acknowledged in her latest video that she lost her real job, and her husband and her are filing bankruptcy.  She couldn't afford to do this to begin with.  It's all a HUGE scam.

I work from home (not selling LuLaRoe) & would be a  such a loyal watcher of that shitshow.  ??

?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 1

@Galloway Cave Here's the follow-up to that video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAEB5mPTkhY

I forced it to display as a link because I didn't want to take up a bunch of space with a video player. She admits that she and her husband are filing bankruptcy and that LLR sales haven't been what she thought they would be. I half feel bad for her because she believed LLR's bullshit; the other half of me is sneering because they couldn't afford it to start with.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Are you serious?  Those are the sizes?

For the leggings...yes indeed! Those are the 2 sizes. 

So LLR peeps have to be very gentle when it comes to tugging...but they get a green light to shove their ass in a pair of leggings that have that wide of a sizing spectrum.

It must make perfect sense...on Planet LuLaRoe.

7 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

For the leggings...yes indeed! Those are the 2 sizes. 

So LLR peeps have to be very gentle when it comes to tugging...but they get a green light to shove their ass in a pair of leggings that have that wide of a sizing spectrum.

It must make perfect sense...on Planet LuLaRoe.

Explains why the leggings are shredding on people.  Probably trying to fit their asses into something that doesn't fit.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I love the suggestion that always comes up of getting a small business or personal loan from the bank. 

Do banks actually give business loans to people wanting to do MLM?!? 

My mom got one from her bank when she started selling Mary Kay on the side. (She never quit her nursing job.) She paid it back within a year and was pretty profitable with the MK for a few years, but as she got older, she grew tired of it. 

There's also a Teen or Tween size of 00 to 0 which is a more reasonable size range.  The cheap Wal Mart jeggings (really leggings) I have on now only have a two size range and don't seem to get holes from normal wear and they're less than half the price of LLR. 

• Love 1

One of coworkers was wearing LLR yesterday and she had a cute pair of the leggings.  She is a size 0 on a bad day.  They looked good and were soft.  She was going on and on about them. So one of my other coworkers was asking about buying some.  This person is on the, um, plump side.  They were looking at leggings and I kid you not, they were looking at the vagina dogs.  And they liked them.

Miss plump is convinced she would look great in these .  She is also sure she doesn't need the tall & curvy.  I can assure you she does.  So if miss plump shows up at work in the vagina dogs,  I'll make sure to dutifully report it.  

• Love 19
50 minutes ago, toodles said:

One of coworkers was wearing LLR yesterday and she had a cute pair of the leggings.  She is a size 0 on a bad day.  They looked good and were soft.  She was going on and on about them. So one of my other coworkers was asking about buying some.  This person is on the, um, plump side.  They were looking at leggings and I kid you not, they were looking at the vagina dogs.  And they liked them.

Miss plump is convinced she would look great in these .  She is also sure she doesn't need the tall & curvy.  I can assure you she does.  So if miss plump shows up at work in the vagina dogs,  I'll make sure to dutifully report it.  

Them vagina dogs gonna be howling. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

@Galloway Cave Here's the follow-up to that video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAEB5mPTkhY

I forced it to display as a link because I didn't want to take up a bunch of space with a video player. She admits that she and her husband are filing bankruptcy and that LLR sales haven't been what she thought they would be. I half feel bad for her because she believed LLR's bullshit; the other half of me is sneering because they couldn't afford it to start with.

Well, I commented on the video that I linked since it was more recent. I'm hoping that anyone who's actually interested in LulaRoe and watches that lady's first video will follow her channel and see that she's got an update posted. We'll see.... I'm curious to see if she decides to delete my comment.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, toodles said:

This is the reason People of Walmart exists. I feel for you and your eyes should this come to pass, especially since you will be at work and can't run and hide from the sight.

• Love 5

Considering all those sappy "inspirational" quotes & signs they all love to throw around & hang & their love of the MLMs I'm surprised nobody is hawking the MLM essential oils. There's even one big EO MLM based in Lehi...Young Living.

They'd probably have to take out 8th mortgages on the McMansions to be able to afford a handful of 5ml bottles of the stuff...but one size fits all & they could do " custom blends" using  favorite words & phrases  in their vocabulary...

"Process" 

"Dill with it" 

"Fillings"

"Safe place"

"Happy Family" (borrow that one from Chinese takeout)

"Catalyst"

"Conceptualize"

"Compartmentalize"

"Grifter" (knockoff of  Thieves blend)

"Love Potion #5" (for the new wife in life)

"Welfare" 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

Considering all those sappy "inspirational" quotes & signs they all love to throw around & hang & their love of the MLMs I'm surprised nobody is hawking the MLM essential oils. There's even one big EO MLM based in Lehi...Young Living.

They'd probably have to take out 8th mortgages on the McMansions to be able to afford a handful of 5ml bottles of the stuff...but one size fits all & they could do " custom blends" using  favorite words & phrases  in their vocabulary...

"Process" 

"Dill with it" 

"Fillings"

"Safe place"

"Catalyst"

"Conceptualize"

"Compartmentalize"

"Welfare" 

Awesome.  Don't forget their life motto:  bleed the beast 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, toodles said:

Guess you'll get to see her vagina dog leggings get a hole in them! 

Same category as women who wear skinny jeans too small for them--I see them occasionally trying to squat down to pick something up at the market and they can barely bed at the knees. These jeans can be worn quite comfortably when one wears the appropriate size, or even a size larger than normal. Just because one can fit into something dos not mean one should. 

• Love 2

Skinny jeans?  I like them two sizes too big and they don't look too big. Makes the size number sound scary but I know I am not overweight.

I don't understand the sizing concept with LLR.

And yes, Meri needs to bond with her sister fans. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

"Process" 

"Dill with it" 

"Fillings"

"Safe place"

"Catalyst"

"Conceptualize"

"Compartmentalize"

"Welfare" 

Don't forget "here's the thing."  If I hear Mr. Douche Nozzle say that again, I'll be sick.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Don't forget "here's the thing."  If I hear Mr. Douche Nozzle say that again, I'll be sick.

"Here's the thing" can go in the special honeymoon package....

* Only to be used when the bride & groom abstain until their wedding night...& exchange the "gift" that is truly magical.

I think Kody said magical. I was  focused on not slitimg my wrists with the mailing tape dispenser when he was singing that particular  song.

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

"Here's the thing" can go in the special honeymoon package....

* Only to be used when the bride & groom abstain until their wedding night...& exchange the "gift" that is truly magical.

I think Kody said magical. I was  focused on not slitimg my wrists with the mailing tape dispenser when he was singing that particular  song.

I think the word you are looking for is "Divine". 

47 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think the word you are looking for is "Divine". 

Yes that's it! Thanks Roslyn!

I was hoping a storm would roll through putting the  Directv in "searching for satellite signal" mode when that scene was playing out. ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
On 2/22/2017 at 8:02 AM, DakotaJustice said:

So there was one point on Saturday, in the last couple hours or so when she finally decided to start selling leggings (just ripped open the plastic bag and held them up while sitting down in front of the phone) and asked Robyn's mom (who was watching and commenting - don't know if she bought anything) to text Brianna and have her come "help out".  When Brianna showed up she couldn't wait to get in the view of the FB live video where she could be seen eating peanut butter off a spoon and pistachio nuts while handling leggings and being admonished by Meri not to get the shells in the leggings. ??

So in summary, if you order LLR from Meri Brown, you might get the added bonus of having your brand-new leggings smeared with green goo, dog hair, peanut butter and/or pistachio dust.  Gee, where do I get me some of that?!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

She better hope no one with allergies buys from her.

Even if the leggings were full of animal hair, the buyer would still be happy. I don't understand why, but a subgroup of women are going crazy for these ugly prints.  The uglier/"rarer" the more desired they are by this group. Meri can dip them in the left over LIV juice rotting in their garage to create a new pattern and they'd resell on eBay for $70. 

• Love 5

So a couple of weeks ago I decided I'd like to check out Meri in action so I asked to join her group.  I was approved the next day, but today was the first day I caught a live sale.  Today she actually had some cute dresses she was showing but I found it boring after a few minutes.

She does seem to be making a lot of money on this.  Maddie puts up photos and most of them sell.  She does seem to have an over-abundance of the smallest sizes and I see some of those passed by.  The larger sizes seem to go quickly.

I'd say Meri is doing far better with this than any of their other rackets.  I suppose at some point it will die a quick death and she will be left with racks of "Amelias" or "Sarahs" or whatever.  Hope she saves her money.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

So a couple of weeks ago I decided I'd like to check out Meri in action so I asked to join her group.  I was approved the next day, but today was the first day I caught a live sale.  Today she actually had some cute dresses she was showing but I found it boring after a few minutes.

She does seem to be making a lot of money on this.  Maddie puts up photos and most of them sell.  She does seem to have an over-abundance of the smallest sizes and I see some of those passed by.  The larger sizes seem to go quickly.

I'd say Meri is doing far better with this than any of their other rackets.  I suppose at some point it will die a quick death and she will be left with racks of "Amelias" or "Sarahs" or whatever.  Hope she saves her money.

I was at work so I didn't catch the live sale but she left the comments up from both live feeds and she sold 15 items total. I don't know how many dresses she showed in total but usually she spends maybe 5-10 seconds per item based on past live sales. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what her actual profit is.

Profit starts when you have made back all you spent to start up a business.  So I'd guess that - so far - she's still in negative numbers.

• Love 2